Oct 31,2014
By: 'ANNES'
Oct 31,2014
The agent failed to respond to complaints about statement accuracy and overcharged me. They rectified the overcharge after some time. They failed to act in good time to both the tenant's and my own enquiries- often taking up to three weeks to respond to questions. They were supposed to manage the property but I spent a lot of time dealing with the tenant. As far as I am aware no interim or final inspection of the property took place and I was incorrectly advised by staff that I could terminate the management agreement by simply telling them.
They failed to notify the change of management to my tenant, as per the property ombudsman's guidance, despite claiming to be a member of The Property Ombudsman. They failed to advise me that they intended to charge me for three months management fee, which had they done so would at least allow me the opportunity to use the service I was paying for.
They lost the keys supplied for emergency access to the property, and have made no effort to rectify this problem despite repeated requests.
I would advise potential landlords looking for property management that this company is happy to take fees but not so happy to provide any reasonable level of service. i will be complaining to the ombudsman.
Overcharged for abysmal level of services rendered

Scottish Property Centre