Jul 15,2011
Jul 15,2011
Absolutly awful. I do not recommend using them at all. Once you have signed your agreement you will hear little or nothing from them unless they are proposing increasing rent or pressuring you to extend your tenancy.

I truely wish i had listened to my intuition when we went to view some properties with them. On each and every occassion the agent was late. On one viewing the agent didnt turn up at all. We finally found the flat we liked, yes it had a few scuffs on the wall but i thought it was to be expected of a rented property. I just saw a lovely flat in a lovely location. I failed to consider the importance of a good agent. I pointed out the scuffed walls and the agent informed me that we could paint over it as long as it was tasteful etc. We felt it was a bit too much work just for a rented flat so we just left it.

The day we moved in was predominantly spent cleaning the flat. There was mould all over the shower and the bath. There was food stains etc all over the kitchen sides. The oven and the cooker hood had never been cleaned and as someone who works in health and safety advice was a hazard. But still i thought it just needed a good clean and a bit of TLC.

During the tenancy we started noticing quite a few problems with the property. Rain had leaked in the spare room, the bath leaked, the oven broke completely. Not once did we receive any help from the agents. It was actually left to us to remedy these problems which on one occassion cost us £200. We then felt we ought to leave and save to buy our own flat to which we could add and improve. On the day we left i went back to the flat to clean and double check everything was left in good order.

Imagine my horror when the agency called to inform me that they would not be sending the deposit back because they were considering retaining some of it to "clean" the flat. They also accused us of scuffing the walls and they would need to paint! I couldn't believe it.

They have not provided the service i took for granted would come as standard. They are a nightmare to deal with. There are many more and better agents out there DONT CHOOSE THIS ONE!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Briscombe Nutter & Staff Worsley! To leave a new review of Briscombe Nutter & Staff Worsley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Briscombe Nutter & Staff Worsley