Jul 12,2011
Jul 12,2011
I have a long lease where they are freeholders. Over the years some works were carried out to the block, which were usually very badly executed and some even appeared completely unnecessary. However, the block fell into disrepair and eventually major works were carried out, which no-one disputed were required but the quality of the work was terrible. We did not pay the service charges and so they took us to the LVT. We had very little funds to defend ourselves properly whereas they got the best surveyors and lawyers money could buy and they knew every trick in the book, serving late documents, etc. Consequently, we gained very little at the LVT, and we were very disappointed in their surprising decision, especially given the quality of the works carried out. 'Ditchwater' were given the choice to put some works right or give us a reduction. They choose the small reduction leaving the works still to be put right, i.e. the cheaper option. We feel that we have been 'cheated' through legal tricks and our rights ignored. Anyone who wishing to view the works are welcome. The costs of the work were over £30,000 per flat (18 flats)!
By: stillunamused
Oct 19, 2013
The case in question was sort of resolved today, but Ditchwater know EVERY trick there is to play. They admitted liability to damage caused knowing my friend was in receipt of Legal Aid and therefore would have to accept their offer to wipe the monies they claim he owed them. Yet if he does accept , then as it didn't reach a courtroom, HE would be liable to pay his le
gal Aid - £25,000 whilst they walk away smiling. If he doesn't accept, his legal Aid is stopped as he has been offered a reasonable amount!
By: H-D
Oct 17, 2011

I've had the same problem in Eastbourne, what's the name of the company? can you say? Could you give a clue?

I'd be interested to find out if my guys have previous
By: Unamused
Oct 05, 2011
I have a friend who is currently locked in a court battle with this dispicable company. The "work" they carried out on his block of flats in Eastbourne is not even up to the standard of poor. There are two holes under two windows that you can fit your fist through to the outside. He tried for seven months to get them to do something about it which they didn't, then wouldn't return his correspondence. Eventually he took them to court and they then took legal action against HIM for not paying the extortionate fees for the work ( which wasn't done! ). I'll let you know after the court date later this month as to the outcome. ps I have his permission for this post on this forum.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Freshwater Property Management Office 3! To leave a new review of Freshwater Property Management Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Freshwater Property Management Office 3