Jul 11,2011
Jul 11,2011
Lived for 6 months in an overpriced apartment infested with bedbugs. LS1 charge each tenant ?115 for a credit check - the first of many 'charges' where they are quick to take your money but slow to give it back. The apartment at Velocity was (and most likely still is) infested with bedbugs. 6 months of hell. Ridiculous deposit of ?1500 - LS1 tried to steal over half of it for alleged 'damage'. Luckily they're lax with the inventory and checking-in procedures so we got most of it back after arguing with them for two months (they don't respond to emails).
Advice would be DON'T rent from LS1, but if you do and they try to take money from your deposit (which they will) check every item with the original inventory and challenge everything. For example, they tried to charge us to repaint the whole apartment when the checking-in inventory stated "walls: stained".
I had to pay around ?500 to replace all my bedding/clothing/soft furnishings in an attempt to eradicate the bedbugs, I am still scarred from the bites, and haven't even received an apology from LS1 despite making a formal complaint.
Avoid at all costs! Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

LS1