Jul 07,2011
Jul 07,2011
The divide between those reviewing sales/purchases and those reviewing lettings is quite clear. We used the lettings and it was an experience not to be repeated. Some of the lettings reviews for this place that I have read must have been written by staff and as normal they are works of fiction. I do wonder how the top brass in this company recruit their lettings staff? They are not very customer friendly and have nothing but excessive profit in mind. If I ever rent in Tring again I will not be heading to their door.
By: carson
Aug 07, 2012
If you wish me to be blunt there are several issues
1) the fact that you wanted £40 plus VAT just to lend us a key when we had locked ourselves out. Even the landlord thought this was daylight robbery and came out to let us in immediately bearing in mind that my wife was heavily pregnant at the time! I wouldn't mind but we wouldn't even have got to keep the key, that was just to collect it from you use it and return it!!!
2) The £30 admin fee for the contract renewal - what exactly does it cost you to print off a form from your computer and send it to your tenant asking them if they wish to renew or not and generating a new contract????
3) The property was fully managed by Sterlings and therefore there was a cost to the landlord every month to 'manage' the property when in fact you inspected the property only once in the two and a half years we were there to check its conditon! What exactly is the landlord paying for?????
4) The initial inspection conducted when we took on the property was inadequate when compared to the nit picking over zealous check out inspection.
5) We were supposed to have an inventory and copy of the initial inspection however this never materialised in the 2 and a half years we were there. Despite several requests via phone and even asking the lady who 'once' inspected the property while we lived there who said she would ensure we got one.
6) Due to not receiving our contract renewal request forms we hand delivered a letter informing you that we wished to vacate, well with in the notice period asking for a response on the next course of action. The next response from Sterlings was a text informing us that we would be having a viewing the very next day!!! Great communication I don't think!!!! Shows you how much the tenants are valued really . No consideration for the lives/plans of the tenant......we are coming to view with possible new tenants like it or not!!!!!!
7) The final insult was on receiving out deposit back after moving out we found that Sterlings had deducted £60 for two separate amounts of admin charges you claimed we had not paid. However our records clearly showed that the fees had been paid and the cheques cashed. My wife was told on the phone that it was our job to prove that we had paid the fees. It later transpired that there had been an error on Sterlings part, and that somehow the computer record of our payments had been deleted but the paper records remained. Surely it would have been more professional to check the paper records before deducting the payment??? Also since when has a damage deposit supposedly held by an independent party for use by the landlord in the event that he felt the property had not been left in satisfactory condition, been a piggy bank for the estate agent to deduct money from? I certainly did not see anywhere in the contract that suggested that this could be the case.

You did ask and now you know
By: Ben Bird
Mar 02, 2012
Hi Carson, thanks for the feedback. Can you be a little more specific since many tenants have commented how reasonable all of our charges are compared to the competition in the area, and I have copies of all the other agents charge sheets so I am fully aware how competitive we are. Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated. You can email me direct at benbird@sterlinghomes.co.uk

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1! To leave a new review of Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1

Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London)

76-78 High Street Tring