Jul 07,2011
Jul 07,2011
I took my case to the Ombudsman.

I went to work abroad and arranged for parkers to be the letting agent - fully managed service. the incompetent individual at parkers agency allowed the tenant access to my house BEFORE the tenancy began. the tenant threw out my fridge, removed curtains, ripped out built-in kitchen and bedroom cupboards, shelves and filled a skip with them (which the agent apparently didnt notice), cut off/pulled out most broadband cables, leaving the rest dangling in mid-air and repainted the property to their own requirtements. The inventory was taken AFTERWARDS so there was no reflection of my property as i had left it.

Total damage was around £2,000. I was awarded £200 by the Ombudsman as it was my word against theirs that i had given permission for all this.......... Moral of the story: PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING. Current tenancy agreement states nothing to be done without written request from and written permission by the landlady.

Parkers rating from this landlord -100 = TRASH
By: Bruce Taylor, Director, Parkers Tilehurst
Jul 14, 2011
In response I would firstly like to say this tenancy dates back to december 2007. I find your comments interesting to say the least. I find it hard to accept the ombudsman would only offer £200 as opposed to the £2,000 you felt owed. Reading the case review the ombudsman awarded the money not through any financial loss whatsoever, it was awarded for inconvienience caused.

In truth you met with the tenant and her young son prior to the start of the tenancy where it had been agreed that the walls could be painted and the carpets changed. The kitchen cupboards were not ripped out as claimed. The reality was the built in cooker had stopped working and had failed a gas safety and needed replacing. To save money it was agreed by you a free standing cooker was the only option and as the old oven and hob was slotted into a cupboard the new one being free standing would not fit therefore had to be removed. We had also kept in contact with your son who was resident in the UK, he inspected the works and was more than happy even commenting to the tenant how much better the property looked.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Parkers Estate Agents Tilehurst! To leave a new review of Parkers Estate Agents Tilehurst, please click the link below !
Write a review for Parkers Estate Agents Tilehurst