Jul 06,2011
Jul 06,2011
After our house had been on the market for a while, at the price recommended by DY, with lots of viewings and no takers we decided to send in a mystery shopper to see how they were selling our house.

A relative booked a viewing and was shown around the house as a potential buyer. He was told by the woman from DY that the house wasn\\\'t worth the value placed on it (yes, the value placed on it by DY), and that it was a long way from the train station (approx 1 mile). They neglected to mention that it is very close to the M3.

So the reason we were getting lots of viewings and no takers is because DY were actively putting people off it. The reson for this behaviour has not yet come to light.

Absolutely shocked and disgusted. Changing estate agent\\\'s as soon as we can, as these clearly are not acting in our interests. Wouldn\\\'t recommend and would suggest that anyone else who\\\'s property has been on with them for a while consider sending in a mystery shopper to see exactly what gets said to a potential buyer looking around your home.
By: mikerammell
Jul 07, 2011
Have you taken this up directly with Duncan?

If I were you I wouldn't just move on to another estate agent and leave this one alone...if you're so appalled make sure other buyers don't fall into the same trap as you.

Duncan Yeardley aren't a huge chain of estate agents and seemed to pride themselves on their reputation. If Duncan has a 'Rogue Agent' (excuse the pun) then you should let him know. Go in to the shop at Crown Wood and tell him what you did and what you found. Doing so would surely, only make them a better estate agent than what they already are.

Personally when i used Duncan Yeardley I couldn't have been more impressed. Add to that the seemingly faultless reviews from everyone else and the way your review is written, I'd go as far as to say your review is a little suspect. Are you sure you're not a competitor attempting to blemish Duncan Yeardley's reputation?

Despite what you've found - I would use Duncan Yeardley again. Streets ahead of any other estate agent I went to.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Duncan Yeardley Estate Agents Bracknell! To leave a new review of Duncan Yeardley Estate Agents Bracknell, please click the link below !
Write a review for Duncan Yeardley Estate Agents Bracknell