Jul 06,2011
Jul 06,2011
Absolutely abismal agency, avoid at all costs.

The agents are rude and obnoxious and provide little to no support to tenants with unresponsive landlords.

Their dealings are \\\"shadey\\\" to say the least, especially during the tenant referencing phase, they require a lot of unnecessary personal information, much of which is intrusive.

The agent has repeatedly not given the required 24hrs notice when visiting the property and even had the nerve to send potential tenants to the house unaccompanied.

A thoroughly unpleasant experience, especially when compared to other responsible agencies.
By: Tim85
Aug 16, 2011
Steven - I have chosen not to give you my real name for good reason; i am intimidated by your agency's business practices.

as lead tenant I was given notification of viewings, but repeatedly with less than 24hrs notice, I've kept these texts (Which specify a "sent time" as well as the proposed "viewing time" should further investigation be required). However our deposits have since been regained so this review serves only as a warning to other prospective tenants.

as for the unaccompanied viewing; we were informed of this by telephone (And certainly no agreement was made by us) therefore no record could be kept (how predictable - we can verify this because we are in touch with those prospective tenants involved). Any grievances were encouraged to be made by phone for the same reason.

SWR are not a particularly bad agency, however they (And at least one of their associated landords) constantly disregarded us and treated us poorly, with many references to us being students. Being students does not justify poor standards in both service and housing. This is why a bad review was given.

I would specifically not recommend SWR to other Students because they have treated us unprofessionally and overly support (At least one) crooked landlord. Unfair deposit deductions were made, However after a long and protracted dispute they admitted that the problems were not our fault (also supported by emails).
By: steveswrl
Jul 19, 2011
Hello,

I am Steven Smith, the Managing Partner for Smith & Winborn. I always have a problem with these unnamed comments as it does not give me the opportunity to investigate and reply.

I am guessing that you are a student Tim and I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your remarks.

We have many properties which are managed directly by the landlord and not by us. We simply find the tenant. We have no responsibility for issues at the property, although we do believe our landlords are responsive if the tenant's requests are reasonable.

With regards to referencing, we simply ask for the information requested by Letsure, which is the agency we use for this purpose. Please tell us what you consider intrusive. In all honesty I tend to find that only people who have things to hide find the basic information required to be intrusive!

Re your other comments, I very much doubt this is the case and I would guess that permission was granted by one of your house mates!

Clearly if there is any substance to your comments I would like to know, so please call me. Thank you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1! To leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Smith & Winborn Office 1