Oct 01,2014
By: 'Jeny Parsons'
Oct 01,2014
Prospect promised a lot when they came to value my property. I was assured that I would have a named contact and that I would get support throughout the process. I was a first time seller so their pitch really reassured me.

However the experience was very different. Right from day one I was having to chase them for everything from the promised quote for the legal services through to the marketing/photos of my property (even then some details were wrong).

They did get viewings quickly and these were well organised. However, once they found me a buyer things seemed to grind to a halt. I was chasing them on a weekly basis and kept getting told the same thing. Note it was always me calling them for an update rather than them proactively keeping me informed. It was eventually discovered that the original buyer couldn't actually buy the property but because this took so long I lost the house that I wanted to buy. Another buyer was found but from that point onwards I didn't hear anything from Prospect at all until we were close to exchange of contracts and again I had to contact them.

I feel that they strung me along for far too long by telling me what I wanted to hear - but as I say this was only when I called them for an update. I didn't receive the updates and communication that was the main reason that I chose them over the other agents.
The fees were reasonable but I don\'t feel that I got the service that I was expecting. The agent accepted an offer without even discussing it with me first and I would have liked to try to get the purchaser up a little.

Prospect Estate Agency