Jul 05,2011
Jul 05,2011
Choices Redhill

This is my first time writing any sort of review but my experience with Choices Redhill needs to be shared to prevent anyone else from using this shower.

I recently contacted Choices with a view to renting a property,first viewing was fine and was pretty keen on the place, I requested a second vieiwing to take measurements but no-ne turned up, after calling soemone from a different office turned up almost an hour after the agreed time. Inconvenient but not the end of the world.
I decided to go ahead with the rental and was asked for £250 to secure the flat and take it of the market which I duly paid, they said they would send out reference forms which I had to chase them 3 time for, I\\\'d sent them back and was told to sit tight as the refernece would take a few days but the landlord had accepted my offer, the following week I contacted Reigate council to let them know my new address and a few days later had a call from them asking if I was sure about the address as they had recently had notification from soemone else that they were moving in......alarm bells !!

I attempted to speak with Lucy (Branch Manger) my contact at Choices but surpringly she was unavailable, I asked her colleague to contact the council to try and ascertain whether this was a simple mix up as the council wouldnt reveal agent / landlord details to me, after calling them 4 times they said they were unable to reach the right person at the council, funnily enough I got through to him on my first attempt. Apparently choices hadnt been able to reach the landlord despite their \\\"best\\\" efforts so I had to take it upon myself and go to the flat and found that someone had indeed moved in the previous week.

To say I am furious is a massive understatement, i\\\'m due to move out of my current flat in a little over 2 weeks and dont have anywhere lined up to move to.

If you have any choice do not use choices.
By: mummy 23
Feb 22, 2012
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
I am having the same problem with choices. Redhill branch are so rude. I am in £2000 in debt as they took 2x rent off me for my January rent for no reason when I phoned up I spoke to Sam Hall she said it was a computer error and my money would be returned back to me within 3 working days as I couldnt pay any bills or put food on the table for my 5 year old son or 7 month old baby. 1 month on and I am still waiting. I have had my gas and electric cut off as I have no money until 23rd of every month and now incurred £340 in bank charges for payments that havent been able to come out and it has affected my credit rating dramatically! I am currently in the process of seeking legal advice to take them to court. My tenancy isnt even valid as I do not have my landlords name or address details on the top of the tenancy which is against the law. Put the WORD out do not go with Choices.
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]

I am having the same problem with choices. Redhill branch are so rude. I am in £2000 in debt as they took 2x rent off me for my January rent for no reason when I phoned up I spoke to Sam Hall she said it was a computer error and my money would be returned back to me within 3 working days as I couldnt pay any bills or put food on the table for my 5 year old son or 7 month old baby. 1 month on and I am still waiting. I have had my gas and electric cut off as I have no money until 23rd of every month and now incurred £340 in bank charges for payments that havent been able to come out and it has affected my credit rating dramatically! I am currently in the process of seeking legal advice to take them to court. Put the WORD out do not go with Choices.

Choices