Jul 03,2011
Jul 03,2011
I tried to use this agency in 2009.
I viewed a flat, which I liked well enough. What should have made me suspicious is that the flat was advertised as \'immediately available\', but there was someone living in it. The negotiator told me the guy was moving out in the next couple of days.I did not like that negotiator, he was very patronising and insisted on calling me by my first name, even though I am a mature professional. He was late at the viewing too, which he blamed on another prospective tenant being late.
I decided to take the flat. I gave them references and authorised them to do a credit check, they gave me the breakdown of their agency fee, the deposit, the inventory fee, and we agreed on a moving date.
They wanted the reservation fee (agency fee + £100 which would then be deducted from the deposit) paid in cash, and they wanted me to pay them the monies on a working day. So I took a Friday afternoon off work to go to the bank, withdraw the monies, and go to the agency and sign the contract. I was supposed to pick up the keys and move into the flat 1 week afterwards, on a Saturday.
I called them on that Friday morning, to double check it was all agreed, and everything seemed fine. Then when I showed up at the agency 4 hours later, they told me the moving in date was postponed by 2 weeks, because the tenant had asked to stay another fortnight. I had already given my notice to my then landlords. They actually advised me to put my furniture and belongings in self-storage for 2 weeks, and live in a B&B! They were extremely rude too.
I had to find another flat in a real hurry (1 week!), and of course to take more days off work to do this. I would never use them again, as I am convinced they lied to me (and other tenants) about the availability of the flat. I also saw the staff interacting with students who were moving out and had come in to hand in their keys: they were extremely patronising with them too, and I would be surprised if these tenants ever got their deposit back.
By: Foreigner's review
Dec 18, 2012
I Totally agree with you! I am staying in one of their properties for over 2 years now, and besides the way they behave, the maintenance services doesn't exist. They don't keep their word and never had they finish to solve an issue properly! All it's done in a non-professional way! I don't recommend to anyone to rent with them, I have to for the moment since we are a family !

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Campions Bristol! To leave a new review of Campions Bristol, please click the link below !
Write a review for Campions Bristol