Jul 01,2011
Jul 01,2011
Incapable doesn\\\'t even come close to describing the bunch of pen pushing, lying, thieving morons that are employed by the Bow Branch of WJ Meade. Not only are they incredibly and insistently rude and arrogant above their station but their incompetence extends to an almost complete lack of basic levels of human decency.

We moved into a house filled with leftover hair that looked like it had been previously inhabited by a herd of roaming wild wildebeests. Nonetheless we were assured that it had been cleaned to the highest possible standard. For the past year we have been complying with all safety regulations by lighting our cooker and gas supply with a selection of birthday candles. Apparently it would have been just too much to replace the switch.

Being left without warm running water for a fortnight during december in our single-glazed property was another shining example of WJ Meade\\\'s professional approach to their tenants.

And when we were locked inside the house for almost 24 hours - as the painters they hired managed to paint all of our exits shut - the only way they would have found our corpses would have been when they came banging on our door at the crack of dawn wrongfully accusing us of neglecting to pay rent. Their emergency number is a lacklustre automated voicemail message with a sense of urgency equal to only their finest employees.

And don\\\'t even get me started on Beryl at head office.

Above all, they are just generally vile and ill mannered. I\\\'ve never managed to leave their office without the overwhelming urge to tear off one of their skins and use it as a bath mat (as in 12 months they\\\'ve not quite managed to muster the competence to give us a hook to attach the shower head to).
By: ReasonableTenant
Mar 25, 2013
We suffered with a leak from our ceiling into our lounge, making the lounge essentially uninhabitable for NINE MONTHS. After this time we pleaded with them to allow us to break our 2 year fixed contract (we should probably have just walked out much earlier but due to the olympics there were inflated prices and a huge lack of reasonable property)

It took over 60 emails, having to contact environmental health, countless phonecalls and goodness knows what else and still nothing happened.

Haris at the branch, in fairness, had been very helpful but their management leaves a lot to be desired. I have a colleague who lets through them who has a leak too - and guess what? It isn't being fixed!
By: EC
Jan 15, 2013
WJ Meade Mile End - Great Experience!! Definitely recommend!! Would use again!! Having read some of the negative responses about WJ Meade I am surprised because my experience was a really good one! Having searched in the Bow area for a year via bigger branded agents I had had terrible experiences with underhanded tactics - one in particular starting with K and ending is Eatons did not listen, sent us irrellevant properties, their prices were inflated, showed us properties that had already been sold and allowed us to be gazumped numerous times. Michael at WJ Meade restored my faith in estate agents - he was open and honest at every stage, he was patient with our exacting standards, he persisted with the search even though we had turned down some beautiful properties (due to our own fussiness), their sale prices seemed in line with the market, the negotiation process was transparant, we had communication throughout the purchase process, he helped with issues we had with our solicitor and we successfully bought our property in November and moved in in December! I'd happily recommend WJ Meade and use them again in the future.
By: sam
Oct 15, 2012
iheart wj meade's, comment was absolutely hilarious. He or she should be a writer

sadly their story is very true. The Mile end branch of wj meade turned out to be dishonest, rude and gazumped me like like MAD on a property I was interested in. The manager Mr Eyers is an incredibly rude and sly human being
By: Boo WJMeade
Oct 26, 2011
This is all very similar to my experience of WJ Meade unfortunately. I wouldn't say that they are incapable so much as lazy, rude and arrogant with no regard for the welfare of their tenants. We have been desperately in need of repairs, some of which we were promised when we moved in, which WJ Meade seems unable to sort. They constantly pass the buck to the landlord or freeholder, even when we raise issues which our affect our health and safety. Let this be a warning to all fellow Londoners: unless your looking for a tenancy of hell, do not go with this agency.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of WJ Meade Estate Agents Mile End! To leave a new review of WJ Meade Estate Agents Mile End, please click the link below !
Write a review for WJ Meade Estate Agents Mile End