Jul 01,2011
Jul 01,2011
This is a warning to anyone who is in two minds whether or not to rent with Fineholm.

Me and a friend decided to let a flat from them a year ago and have had nothing but trouble almost from the word go.
From around the last six months of our stay there was a massive leak coming from the flat above into our kitchen. I was unable to turn any lights on as water was pouring from the light fitting. We complained to their staff on many occasions and nothing was done. They were completely uninterested. We decided to leave, as we were not willing to put up with this, especially for the price we were paying. When it came to getting our deposit back things got much worse.
As my friend was self-employed we had to pay a deposit of £1290.51, the usual price being £1000. I had heard that Fineholm are notorious for taking peoples deposits so I took a day off work to give the flat a good clean, not that it needed it. I had also heard about them charging for light bulbs, so I left the correct amount for all the lights in the flat. We received an invoice with our charges. I have highlighted the main ones below: -

19 hour deep clean £326.7 inc vat
Bulb replacement x 5 £16.75 inc vat

Not only this, but they then claimed that our deposit was wrong and took a further £290.51 from us.

Total charge £810.51

We complained by letter. We went to the citizen's advice bureau to be told that we had no evidence and therefore no possibility of receiving our money back. I have an actual receipt stating that our deposit was £1290.51 but they have also dismissed this, saying that it was rent money.

To anyone who is in the unfortunate position of currently renting from Fineholm, I would say that the best way forward to ensure that you get everything back that you are owed would be to take as many photos of your flat before you leave.
By: glasrenter
Aug 15, 2011
They did the exact same with myself! We paid for professional cleaners, replaced all lightbulbs and ensured the inventory was up to date. We were hit with a similar after they kept our deposit, however I had documented proof from start to finish of my time in a Fineholm property and the Citizen's Advice Bureau was on our side! It was a difficult position, but decided not to pursue through the small claims court and essentially we 'wrote off' our lost deposit as I had an ill family member and had more important things to be doing with my time. The best bit of advice I can give anyone who has the misfortune of renting with Fineholm is - Document everything, take photos, keep all email correspondence because I guarantee you will need it at some point! Good luck!!
By: Sally
Aug 10, 2011
Can you let me know which property you were livign in so I can confrim you ahve not been overcharged because I am happy to look into this for you? sally@fineholm.co.uk
By: fineholm hater
Jul 05, 2011
Why dont you write to the sunday mail judge about this lot why nobody has ever done this is the past amazes me they are SB\'s

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow! To leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fineholm Glasgow