Jun 24,2011
Jun 24,2011
AVOID!!!! By far the worst letting state agency in Brighton. I rented a few houses, and I have never encountered a company with so many liars and decievers. I rented a room from them from September to April. The first thing they did was trick me to believe that the rent was for 6 months, when it was actually for 7.

-They said that the room included microwave and a cleaning lady every two weeks. There was no microwave and the cleaning lady never came for 7 months.

-The house had many many problems from the first day which they refused to take care of...we had non-working showers, non-working toilets, etc.

-Eventhough they said the room came with a lock, I had to buy a new one because it didn\\\'t work. When I went to them to tell them my lock didn\\\'t work their answer was, literally, \\\"it\\\'s not our problem, you should buy a new lock\\\".

-They are never there to help you. I had a problem and had to leave 2 months early. I did everything in my hand so as to have other person occupy my place, I put ads and had people go to the agency to fill my space for those 2 months or to make another contract. But they made up ridiculous clauses so as to make it impossible for them to rent the house. Basically, they did everything they could not to help me, and had to pay for the 2 months I wasn\\\'t there.

-Every time you have a problem, they are always busy \\\"but they\\\'ll call you as soon as they\\\'re through\\\". Needless to say they never call and you end up giving up.

-They refused to give me back my deposit and had to raise a dispute.

-The last month of my rent, I payed by bank transfer. I signed so they send standing order of one month. But the standing order they sent was not of one month, like I signed. Instead, it kept going forever until I cancelled it. Luckily I didn\\\'t have money in the bank for those months they charged me illegally; if I had had money, it would have been sent to them. And after all the problems with the deposit, I\\\'m pretty sure I would have had to go to court so they gave me that money back. Nonetheless, this didn\\\'t spare me of the banking fee. So I lost money just because they decided to charge me after my rent finished.

There just couldn\\\'t be more reasons to stay away. Really really horrible. Go to any other letting agency (whose comission is, by the way, less than this one), or just rent by gumtree; or you\\\'ll most definitely lose money.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Spark & Sons Office 1! To leave a new review of Spark & Sons Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Spark & Sons Office 1