Sep 11,2014
By: 'Chris'
Sep 11,2014
viewed a property for my son & Chris the estate agent spent the majority of the time blowing his own trumpet & criticising the other local estate agents, showing me a folder full of negative reviews of them. he informed my son he would be required to pay £100 for a criminal check, i have since spoken to several people who have dealt with this company who were NOT required to do this, i feel this was discrimination towards my son as he was a single male. property was unsuitable. we later called about another property he was interested in, they informed us they would call back & didn't, I called again & again informed they would call back & they didn't. 1 week later I called & was informed the owner had changed their mind & was selling not letting. I arranged to view another property & 1 hour before I was to view I got a voice mail informing me that we couldn't when I called Chris he informed me another tenant was pending, why did they arrange a viewing for us the day before, they must have known this tenant was interested, I would have rather they told me the truth, I was then asked by Chris if they had my details......couldn't believe he asked me this when I had gave them my details several times which maybe explains why they continually failed to call me back. totally lack customer service skills.
By: R Anderson
Dec 19, 2014
We can clarify that there is no criminal check required, there are two options for referencing, either through a third party where a cost is involved to them or alternatively you carry out your own referencing and supply our company with it. It is the norm for some form of checks to be done to ensure that a tenant is suitable and the affordability is there. All potential tenants are required to supply these details. With regards to the phone calls, we can confirm that all tenants to enquire by phone or email are responded to. On the matter of other tenants, if there is no deposit or references in place for a property then it is offered to tenants on a first come first served basis and therefore the other person was able to view the property prior to your availability and progressed forward to placing a deposit and references and therefore your viewing was cancelled. All applicants details are entered in our system and therefore with you offering your details to Chris again, he would have taken them as a double precaution to ensure that they were indeed in the system. We are sorry that you feel that we lack customer service skills and we will look into some of your points to see if there is any area we can improve on. Regards Mrs R Anderson

Lomond Letting Ltd