Jun 21,2011
Jun 21,2011
Do yourself a favour and do not sign an agreement with this company..!!
As a tenant for almost 2yrs i was never late with any payments and they never had reason to contact me other than the usual obligations but i did unfortunatly have to contact them.
Burst water pipe on a sunday in winter...no main water shut off for the house other than out on the street (not even sure if thats legal) and because it was a sunday Inghams are closed and the plumber cant be contacted directly...you have to ring Inghams and they contact the plumber.
I managed to stop the water another way and when i contacted Inghams the following day to arrange for the plumber to visit to repair the pipe all i received was a bad attitude from some miserable old fart.
The main thing that really annoyed me and i decided id had enough...we were threatened with a £5000 fine for not allowing a gas engineer to enter the property even though Inghams also has a set of keys to the house (24hrs notice and they can enter the property).
When we were first notified the inspection was due my girlfriend was at home for two weeks and the engineer was told he could come round at any time during the two weeks...only for him not to show up.
After numerous phonecalls from myself and my girlfriend to the engineer trying to arrange a visit MONTHS went by then we were contacted by Inghams and told that we would be liable for the £5000 fine!!
If anyone from Inghams is reading this thats why we didnt renew the agreement.
Now im waiting for my bond to be paid back...as far as i know so far its going to be a £15 cleaning charge because the shower cubicle was still abit streaky after it had been cleaned.
I should of charge them for cleaning the kitchen when we moved in that was covered in sawdust or the sump and pump in the cellar that stunk to high heaven!!...i could go on and on but im sure ive made my point.
I was warned by others before we signed with Inghams and i wish i had listened.The grotty little office in shipley should of told me everything i needed to know about them.
Its a shame they get even 1 star.

my advise to anyone looking at renting from them......STAY WELL CLEAR!!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Walter Ingham & Co. Management Division Office 1! To leave a new review of Walter Ingham & Co. Management Division Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Walter Ingham & Co. Management Division Office 1