Jun 13,2011
Jun 13,2011
Do not use this agent. I believe they do not conduct their business in a fair and transparent manner.

More than two weeks ago, my companions and I put down a holding deposit on a property in order to take the property off the market. No 'offer; sticker went on their website and the office said that the landlord wouldn't take our offer into consideration until satisfactory references had been received. Today was the deadline and they they came back to us to tell us that the landlord had accepted a higher offer through another agent.

This is barefaced lie. We discovered that the property was listed with a second (better) agent after putting down our holding deposit. Last week I called the other agent for their advice on how things should proceed. I was informed that the agent should have moved it to 'under offer' on their website if they had taken a holding deposit and had started the referencing process. He very helpfully offered to call the landlord to ask what was happening... they said that they had accepted an offer through Atkinson McLeod, they were sorry that they hadn't got in touch to inform the second agent to remove it from their website.

On refreshing my browser, the property had vanished from the secondary agent's website!

It is quite clear that Atkinson McLeod accepted our offer and allowed us to put down a holding deposit and continued to show the property to other parties. Indeed, when we were on a second visit to the property, the landlord was there and said to the agent, "see you again at 7pm". Atkinson McLeod accepted one or more secondary offers on this property and, today the reference checks were obviously returned as satisfactory for the party with the highest offer.

We were lied to in being told that ours was the only offer to be considered and that subject to reference checks the landlord would proceed!

Do not use this agent. I highly recommend Daniel Cobb if you would like good customer service rather than the very worst of estate agents, Atkinson McLeod!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Kennington! To leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Kennington, please click the link below !
Write a review for Atkinson McLeod Kennington