Jun 09,2011
Jun 09,2011
Worst estate agents I have ever dealt with. This is an exceedingly long rant which I believe sums up the excessive levels of hell we had to put up with, having them as our estate agents.

When we viewed the property our garden resembled a tip, with piles upon piles of rubbish, broken glass and even a dead bird. The kitchen was dirty and dilapidated. They assured us that a whole new kitchen would be fitted by the time we move in. All they had done was screwed new unmatching cupboard doors on, and a mismatched 'counter'. Also, our oven & washing machine didn't work. When we complained about this it took them ages to sort out (and our washing machine still leaks). When we moved in, the kitchen was filthy and infested with cockroaches. We had to scrub it ourselves.

Somebody was sent to sort out the garden after numerous phone calls. He didn't arrive. Twice. (I doubt they had even arranged anything). We ended up having to do this ourselves (after 6 months of waiting).

About a week or so after moving in we got a letter through the post about the upcoming 'regeneration plan' for the area and that 'as (we) are aware, this house is to be demolished next year'... ERRR NO, we weren't aware but I'll wager Mr. David Andrews had a bloody good idea.

Then our bath started falling through the ceiling. Water was leaking into the light fixtures below. A severe safety risk. Needless to say, nothing was done.

It seemed every time there was a problem with the house they'd 'send' somebody out and mysteriously, they would never show up. Every time I would phone to complain they'd be as nice as pie on the phone "Oh I understand, that's terrible - we will phone him and have a word because that's just unacceptable" ¢â‚¬â€œ We became wise to their lies eventually - They had never sent anybody in the first place.

Then, (and this is where it gets completely unacceptable) We got a letter from a legal firm called Eversheds saying that our landlord is to attend a repossession hearing in March. Obviously, alarm bells were ringing so we took the letter in to the estate agents and they assured us that they had researched this and that this is false information. ¢â‚¬Å“Not to worry¢â‚¬Â they said with a smile.

Then a couple of weeks ago, we got a second letter from Eversheds saying that repossession order had been granted and that basically we have 14 days to find somewhere else to live.

We phoned David Andrews, furious that he had not done his research, yet he remained adament he had evidence that our Landlord was taking steps to counteract this repossession and that the house is definitely not being repossessed.

Not willing to take a risk on something this huge, we ignored David Andrews and found somewhere else to live. When we phoned to give our notice, the receptionist was very abrupt with us (¢â‚¬Å“What? You're moving? Even though we've told you everything's being sorted?... fiiiine, that's up to you.¢â‚¬Â) and said she'd just ¢â‚¬Å“check¢â‚¬Â if that was okay. Check? Are you kidding me?

Anyway, Two days ago we got a final eviction note on our door (Citizen's Advice told me that this is when you really must panic and move your stuff out) - We were so relieved that we had ignored David Andrews and found somewhere else to live or we'd be on the streets.

We told David Andrews about this notice, and said that he should cancel the upcoming viewings he had arranged with potential tenant as it is unscrupulous to do so, and that we do not agree to it.

With the tenant-agent trust broken between us, we set traps in the house as we left for work that morning so we would be able to tell if he had gone against our authority and brought people into our home. He did.

He got an irate phone call from me this morning, during which he was infuriatingly calm, arrogant and defiant. He admitted that he had never actually seen the paperwork in the landlord's defence.

His responses were ¢â‚¬Å“Well, you're moving anyway so what does it matter whether we show people around. Why would the landlord lie to us? That's just silly¢â‚¬Â. And ¢â‚¬Å“You are not entitled to your agency fees back and as far as I'm concerned this conversation is over and this is the end of our communication¢â‚¬Â¢â‚¬Â¦ He then hung up on me.

I am obviously now absolutely fuming so I am writing this rant in a bid to sully his good name. Please do not give this man your money!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of David Andrew Highbury! To leave a new review of David Andrew Highbury, please click the link below !
Write a review for David Andrew Highbury