Aug 22,2014
Shane
By: 'Bexltl'
Aug 22,2014
First impressions - not great. The agent (I will not name them) who showed me around the property was scruffy and impolite. She did not try and sell the property to me and was very short when I asked questions. However I decided to go ahead and putting the deposit down etc. was absolutely fine. The same agent who showed me around did my check in - I had asked if the property would be cleaned as it was disgusting when I looked around (dusty, not hoovered, mould in the fridge, grease all over the hob, dirty surfaces, bathrooms disgusting...!) and was told the previous tenant would be charged to clean it - however when I checked in it was in the same disgusting state - the answer when I queried this was that they would take photos! Otherwise the check in went smoothly.
During my time at the property Pinewood were good at dealing with issues I had - the washing machine wasn't working and a contractor was sent out and it was fixed within days, some plaster came down from the ceiling and again that was sorted really quickly. Even when the landlord needed to be contacted, repairs were carried out quickly and I was kept informed of the progress. I requested to put mirrors and towel rails in the bathrooms and this was approved without issue. In particular I'd like to mention Holly and Shane here who were both very efficient and professional when I dealt with them. There were no issues with inspections - written notice was given and I didn't need to be present.
The check out was fine - no money was deducted (it was spotless given I had cleaned it all when I moved in and out and not left it in the same state the previous tenant had!) and this progressed smoothly albeit over a month after I checked out before I received my deposit back.
Overall I've had a good experience with Pinewood - would not have any qualms about going with them again.

Pinewood Properties