Jun 06,2011
Jun 06,2011
Very quick to take your deposit and put you into a property, however once you are in the customer service is disgraceful.

To get hold of them to answer questions, etc is a nightmare.

When you leave the property, in my opinion they are reluctant to give you back your deposit. Although they state that you are allowed to be there for the final inspection, they made this near impossible. The house was left in immaculate condition, and they picked up on the tiniest things (1 solitary cobweb, a sticky patch on the kitchen worktop and a drip mark on the window).

Their telephone manner is shocking, the majority of people that I have spoken to have been exceptionally rude. I am writing a formal letter of complaint.
By: Gogga
Dec 08, 2011
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
I totally agree with you Khare. It would be the last time I ever rent a property with Ashby Lowery. Incompetent to do their jobs. Also, thieving, when it comes to pay back your deposit. They've not been helpful at all. In the few months I've rented from them our boiler broke. It took more than 3 days to get someone out to us. I've been told I should bath or shower at a friends house. No reduction in rent would be given for the inconvenience caused. There was no heating working during this time either. Imagine waking up in a stone cold place, having to go to the toilet and washing your hands in sub zero temperatures. Better yet, washing yourself using a basin of water you've managed to get using 5 kettle loads to wash yourself. Undressing in that cold place and having nothing to heat you up. Pregnant at the time too. Had to sit in my car to warm myself up, as Im not from here to 'just go and shower at a friends place'!!! It's almost a year later and I'm still fuming!!!! I'd be embarrassed to work there. There is no service whatsoever!!!! This was not by any means my only complaint!!! I had more than 8. My bathroom light switch was never repaired in all the time I lived there. My toilet handle broke and I had to pull the chain, by lifting the bowl up to do so. This took about a month before this got repaired. Michelle at repairs is the rudest person I've ever come across. Someone else I've met also rents from them and has the same complaint!!! I would NEVER go back to them. Chelton Brown all the way!!!!
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]

I totally agree with you Khare. It would be the last time I ever rent a property with Ashby Lowery. Incompetent to do their jobs. They've not been helpful at all. In the few months I've rented from them our boiler broke. It took more than 3 days to get someone out to us. I've been told I should bath or shower at a friends house. No reduction in rent would be given for the inconvenience caused. There was no heating working during this time either. Imagine waking up in a stone cold place, having to go to the toilet and washing your hands in sub zero temperatures. Better yet, washing yourself using a basin of water you've managed to get using 5 kettle loads to wash yourself. Undressing in that cold place and having nothing to heat you up. Pregnant at the time too. Had to sit in my car to warm myself up, as Im not from here to 'just go and shower at a friends place'!!! It's almost a year later and I'm still fuming!!!! I'd be embarrassed to work there. There is no service whatsoever!!!! This was not by any means my only complaint!!! I had more than 8. My bathroom light switch was never repaired in all the time I lived there. My toilet handle broke and I had to pull the chain, by lifting the bowl up to do so. This took about a month before this got repaired. Michelle at repairs is the rudest person I've ever come across. Someone else I've met also rents from them and has the same complaint!!! I would NEVER go back to them. Chelton Brown all the way!!!!
Oct 17, 2011
Dear Miss Hare. Your remain invited to avail yourself of the appropriate procedure for anyone who has a complaint. If you remain dissatisfied with our response then you are at liberty to take the matter to the appropriate authorities if your complaint is genuine and capable of being proven.

D Wilson
By: khare
Oct 15, 2011
I HAVE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS - AHSBY LOWERY DID RECIEVE A LETTER OF COMPLAINT.

Their reply was somewhat petulant and abusive, where they clearly stated that they "were not here for the convenience of the tennant". A letter which was photocopied and circulated. I also showed various other letting agents who were appaulled! (There are good ones out there!)

Your choice of letting agent is something which I urge potential tennants to really take in to consideration, however I am aware that ultimately the property a tennant desires is selected first, not the estate agents. A decision I regret, and encourage others to consider carefully.

I find it interesting, that rather than address the problem of your ineffective staff, you engage in arguments on a review site. A further display of your complete lack of professionalism, which perhaps goes some way to explain the manner of your staff.

As a leader myself, I try to lead by outstanding example, something which I advise you take heed of .

If you have any further comments, please fell free to contact me personally. I know you have my mobile number, as shortly after I posted my first comment, one of your staff attempted to make an intimidating phone call, were they repeatedly threatened me with legal action unless I took my original comment off!

I find it very interesting how since these "fictitious" negative comments, you have received so many overwhelmingly positive ones! What a convenient coincidence... hmmm....
By: khare
Oct 15, 2011
Only just seen this: YOU DID RECEIVE A FORMAL LETTER OF COMPLAINT.
Your reply was somewhat petulant and abusive, where you clearly stated "we are not here for the convenience of the tennant." (!) This letter has been photocopied and circulated, I have showed various other letting agents who were appauled!

I did however decide that you were not worth any more of my time, because ultimately people will use which ever company are letting the house that they really want. A decision which I very much regret, and strongly urge others to consider carefully.

Rather than address the problem of your ineffective staff, you engage on arguments on a review site! Your complete lack of proffessionalism is now published on a website for all to see, and perhaps goes some way to explain the manner of your staff.

As a leader myself, I try to set an outstanding example, advice which I strongy urge you to take heed of.

If you have any further comments, please fell free to contact me personally. I know you have my mobile number, as a member of your staff rang me a few months ago and threatened to take legal action unless I took my previous post down! Oh dear Ashby Lowery.

I also find it a convenient coincidence that all of the recent reviews are so positive.... hmmm... interesting!
Jul 08, 2011
Still no formal or informal letter of complaint received to date. It would appear therefore that the comment by KHare is along with the other negative comments; based in fiction not truth.
Jun 09, 2011
Constructive criticism is very welcome however inaccurate and baseless recriminations are worthless. The most silent comment is 'the house was left in immaculate condition'. If so why have to return to clean it? If left clean we could have avoided the inconvenience of having to reinspect. If a genuine complaint is to be made then avail yourself of the procedure we are obliged to have as members of ARLA. More than happy to listen to anything that has a relevance to fact. Best wishes in your new home. D Wilson.

Ashby Lowery Residential