Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Jun 01,2011
Jun 01,2011
Having had the misfortune to rent from J & E Shepherd for the last 17 months I am amazed there aren't more negative reviews. To begin with there were no problems at all - until things went wrong in the property. It is not wind and water tight, the shower tray doesn't fit in the space, broken tiles under foot in the bathroom, the secure entry we were so emphatic about wanting does not work and never has. Yet despite calls, visits and filling out form after form nothing was ever fixed. Our housing manager, who never saw fit to inform us of his full name, (found that out today) contact number or an email address never returns our calls.

Finally at the end of our tether and after receiving an offer to sign a 12 month lease, we handed in our notice and enquired after the possibility of a month to month contract. Did we receive a reply? Of course not. I also sent a recorded letter to one of the partners, still no reply. It took myself being in a very bad mood, calling them and staying on the line to speak to someone to get our problems across. Have I now received a satisfactory answer? Don't be silly, I am awaiting a call back....... and waiting and waiting I'm sure.

My advice is do not rent a property through J & E Shepherd. They cannot communicate with one and other never mind with their tenant's. They blame the individual owners for all problems, and cannot take any responsibility. Perhaps it would be for the best if they sold up.

J & E seem to have the monopoly in Dundee, so we have found ourselves going down to their offices to enquire about other flat's in the misguided hope the problems we are encountering are an aberration. In 7 weeks we have seen 0 flats through them, always promised a call back though. Every other agent we have contacted has shown us several flats.

Phew rant over, hopefully we will find a new home soon.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of J & E Shepherd Office 1! To leave a new review of J & E Shepherd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for J & E Shepherd Office 1