...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Aug 12,2014
By: 'landlord1'
Aug 12,2014
This is a company who do not value their customers at all. From the very beginning, a lowered rent price was negotiated with the tenants without consolidating with myself. When I addressed this issue, an apology and explanation was given, which I had accepted.

Throughout the tenancy I have had to chase the estate agent to confirm if the maintenance inspection had been carried out. At one point, I had waited two weeks before i had received a response and thats after sending several emails. It seems like if the property is due for a inspection, you will have to remind them.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of communication, the time taken to respond to emails is unacceptable.

I would personally not recommend this estate agent.
By: Office
Mar 03, 2015
During the initial meeting with any landlord we always give our best possible valuation. In this case the valuer gave a price of between £495.00 - £525.00 pcm. The valuer also agreed with the landlord that we were able to use our own judgement during the course of the marketing to let the property quickly whilst achieving the best possible price. A tenant made an offer of £495.00 but more importantly wanted to move in within a week, minimising any void period for the landlord as usually tenants can't move for 3 - 4 weeks. We have since increased the tenants rent when their tenancy came up for renewal.

The first maintenance inspection is completed 6 weeks into the first tenancy, earlier than any other agent in Leicester. All other inspections are completed within 6 months' thereafter. This landlord has called to ascertain when inspections are due and we have always issued reports within 2 weeks of their completion. (properties with any issues are dealt with as a priority).

Lucas Grant Lettings