Aug 09,2014
By: 'mrcxo'
Aug 09,2014
Awful company to use if you are a student looking to rent a property. The previous year we had one landlord and his son who managed our house and many others perfectly yet this estate agents can barely manage one house. We viewed this house as it was within walking distance to Plymouth University as the 8 of us were students there. An estate agent showed us around and the property looked lovely. After viewing other properties we decided it was the perfect house for us to rent whilst at university. Because of this we arranged another tour around the house to confirm. This is where it all began. Not only did the landlord never turn up but we were also unable to contact him. After hovering outside the house for a while the current students living within the house came outside and offered to show us around themselves. Not knowing we had already paid our deposits the students warned us many times to not use the company and how awful they were and not to rent that house and also how they were never told out viewing and that we weren't the only people who had turned up when the estate agent hadn't. Unfortunately, it was too late as we had already paid around £260 deposit each. To follow on from this we were called into to sign forms which we were told were all the forms we needed to sign before paying rent. When we had all gone back gone for the summer we received countless emails from many different people at 'Unity Lets' asking for more forms and also telling us we had to pay our first months rent (September) on the 1st of august (when we font get our loans until September) something they had failed to ever mention before. After I paid my rent I was told to would get a call to confirm payment.. however after many other emails for various things we had already done I got fed up and rang the estate agent to speak to 'Lauren Wilkins'. When i asked her about the money I had paid she quoted me back the wrong amount which was over £200 less than I had paid and in regards to calling me to confirm she claimed it was the "first she'd heard of it". She also told me incorrect dates which she later changed and managed to magically find the money I had already paid. She told me that only 2/8 of us had paid, however when I asked my housemates over 4 of us had already paid. All i'm saying is do not use this company. And if you do, make sure there is one person only who is dealing with your house as they obviously do not ever speak to each other within Unity Lets. Can't wait to see what disasters are to come when we move in.

Unity Lets