Aug 05,2014
By: 'Natp263'
Aug 05,2014
NEVER AGAIN!! I have rented properties in Leicester for 5 years both professionally and as a student and I found this to be my worst experience by far, We lived in the house for 6 months, none of the repairs we noted upon moving in were fixed, when we spoke to people me and my partner we getting different responses from either the same person or two different people. We had random people who knew the landlord knocking on our door asking when the house was available to let, when questioned about it we were told that we were allowed to extend our contract, a week later we were given notice to leave!! Upon moving out we were rinsed off nearly ALL of our deposit for things that were not even relevant!!! I will NEVER EVER LET THROUGH THEM AGAIN
By: Office
Mar 03, 2015
The tenants reported a problem with a tap when they moved in. The landlord lived in Australia therefore we encountered a slight delay in getting authorisation. Within 3 weeks of the maintenance issued been reported it was repaired and tenant was informed at every stage.

The tenant reported that a neighbour had knocked on their door to find out if they were intending to vacate as their landlord had put their property up for sale and they did not want to leave the village. The property is located in a very small village with a great community feel, the person probably thought they were doing no harm.

We automatically generate letters 2 months' prior to the end of a fixed term tenancy enabling us to ascertain the tenants intentions. The tenants did state that they would like to renew their tenancy. After speaking to the landlord, she indicated that she would be returning to the UK and would like possession of the property. We issued a Section 21 notice for possession of the property. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused,

In regards to the deposit refund I am extremely surprised that the tenant has stated that deductions were made for things not relevant. The property unfortunately was not left in a satisfactory condition, therefore deductions were made to put the property back into its original condition minus acceptable levels of wear and tear. This included; House Clean, Replacements Curtains due to damage caused by a pet cat, carpet clean and removal of shelves put up without authorisation. As much as we try to be fair with tenants we do have obligations that have to be met that tenants agree to prior to move in and landlords expect us to keep to.

Lucas Grant Lettings