May 24,2011
May 24,2011
Duck & Hedges admin staff have been efficient with speed and accuracy of paper work. Dale is very professional.

However I do not appreciate moving into a filthy property and having a decorator present full time for the first 2 weeks of our tenancy. Wet paint and fumes made the rooms uninhabitable. All three of us couldn't change our moving date at such short notice. We were compensated for one of these weeks after pressuring the Landlord.

I did communicate to Duck & Hedges that we did not need decoration, which was not stressed to the Landlord, resulting in the flat not being habitable after paying £1.5k. Keys were also not available for each tenant when we signed the contract, we had to trek across South London to find a suitable locksmiths. The only set of keys which we were given by Duck & Hedges were faulty. They are in fact still not working.

Why was the date of moving not postponed for another 2 weeks if the property was not ready? Profit I guess???

So while the admin I cannot fault, the handover of the property sadly fell short.

Duck and Hedges