Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
May 17,2011
May 17,2011
I initially got a valuation done, and the woman could not have been more persuasive or confident that she could sell my flat for a good price. I decided to go with Slater Hogg on this basis.

The first problem was when the home report came in with a value of 5k less than the valuer had said. We decided reluctantly that we had to go with this value for a sales price. We were shocked when the woman doing the marketing was then very snippy and said there was 'no way' we'd get any interest from buyers. Surely that was her job, to generate some interest? The price was already over 5k less than they'd said they would sell it for. The schedule was badly written and I had to fix spelling and grammatical errors.

Despite us telling Slater Hogg we get no mobile reception in our new area, they have repeatedly left mobile messages rather than contact us through any other channel, and have passed my mobile number on to the solicitor and home report agency.

I feel like I am banging my head off a brick wall with Slater Hogg; once they get your money, they make no effort to give you the kind of service they said they would, and no effort even to be civil.
By: mearns
Jan 08, 2013
Cant agree more with this - feel very misinformed by Slater Hogg, Mearns branch. Promised us they had a "Hot List" of buyers waiting to purchase our house - this of course, failed to materialise and we only had 2 viewers over the course of time on market with them (both viewers thought house didn't have enough bedrooms - why weren't they told how many bedrooms our house had before they visited??). They seem to work on the following strategy:

Valuer promises you viewers, great price, flatters your house.
You sign up.
Negiotator tells you that the expectations the Valuer gave you are unrealistic and the market is very quiet.
No follow up calls - or answer to your calls.
Try and persuade you that your house is overvalued and that you need to reduce immediately for sale.
When you take house off the market and subsequently sell for higher price to a buyer unrelated to them - they invoice you their commission and threaten court if you dont pay.
By: Qwert
May 23, 2012
Really!!!! No a lot of people don't understand how a house sells that's why we pay agents to do it & explain changes in the system ie the surveyor determining the price. If they were doing their jobs properly there wouldn't be so many people on here moaning about it. As for the mobile ph comment that speaks volumes...
By: paris 07
Sep 21, 2011
HAD the exact same problem with S&H totally useless. It's not so much about the money it's the crap unprofessional service the stings the most. Experienced many curt and snippy woman on the other end of the phone. Nasty nasty pieces of work the lot should be sacked
By: Really!!!
Aug 25, 2011
you clearly dont understand how a house sells... it is a surveyor who determines how much your house is worth not the estate agent they can only give you a guide figure. your house is only worth as much as someone will pay for it and maybe people dont want to live in a house where mobile phones dont work???

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Newton Mearns Branch! To leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Newton Mearns Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Slater Hogg & Howison Newton Mearns Branch