Wentworth & Rose

2015 Awards
  • 2015 Best Estate Agent in B17

A review by If I could review a '0' I would! on 19/06/2017

Would you use the agent again? No

Probably the rudest people I have ever spoken to. When arriving, they said I hadn't paid my deposit and I had, they had to check it and say I was right. After a year, they deducted �150.00 out of my deposit for cleaning charges when the flat was cleaner than we had found it. They would not provide evidence of why it was so much - to say we didn't have any carpets and we used oven cleaner, defrosted freezer, mopped, sweeped, you name it. When I mentioned that the place was filthy when I got there, they admit they didn't check it in between the former tenant leaving and me arriving, as they thought as she was my colleague they didn't need to check it. Shortly after saying this, she said the cleaners and decorators took before and after pictures - in which I replied, well, if nobody checked it after my ex colleague left - where are the before pictures? The cleaners didn't clean it. What were the decorators decorating? The walls were filthy and the holes in the wall weren't filled up, we had to do all that. If no one was in there before I came in, how were before pictures taken? She then replied with she didn't want to bring up the previous tenant as she was 'old ground' and she is not covering old ground. I said we left it cleaner than we found it and I should have taken pictures to prove it - to which she replied it doesn't matter how many pictures I take, pictures won't bring up how sticky the surfaces were. �150.00!! Urgh! going round in circles! Really unprofessional and rude people. I would think twice before renting off this contradicting company, as it seems they know every loophole in the book and they can pluck a random figure in their heads to charge their tenants after exiting the property. If I could review a '0' I would!

A review by First time buyer on 15/06/2017

James Sargeant
£235000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Great estate agents (James in particular)- he made the move so stress free for us. Always friendly and willing to help. Thank you!

A review by Mark C on 15/05/2017

Eamonn , Adam
Would you use the agent again? Yes

First class service! I have used various agents over the last 10 years but Wentworth & Rose have been the best. They are courteous, professional and approachable. I would strongly recommend! Eamonn and Adam have been particularly helpful.

A review by Peggy on 25/04/2017

Victoria , Katie Wright
£650000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wentworth and Rose is the best agent I have ever dealt with, having now sold two properties through them. Their service is personal and personable combined with great professionalism and attention to detail. Their portfolio of properties is outstanding and valuations absolutely spot on. I needed to sell my second property fast, instructing W&R on Boxing Day and they found me a buyer immediately with an offer accepted 3rd January and completion taking place within 8 weeks.

A review by Julie on 25/04/2017

B32/
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Katie was amazing from the start. From day one with the purchase of a Sheltered living apartment for my Mom and Dad she made us feel valued and then throughout the process, Katie also grasped the point that Mom and Dad were not up to having people viewing their house at all different times, so a time slot on the next Saturday was allocated for an Open Day, where I took Mom and Dad out and left the viewings in Wentworth and Rose`s capable hands. By the Tuesday we had several Offers, we were advised on each of the offers as I was hesitant and did`nt want the sale to fall through at a later date, but Katie was reassuring after speaking to the potential Buyers. So the house SOLD within a week. Communication has been great and we received regular updates on how things were progressing. It has been a real pleasure selling and purchasing a house through them, the whole experience was smooth and professional. we are happy to recommend them to anybody who is buying or selling.

A review by Adam & Eve on 05/04/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Our impression of Wentworth and Rose and Katie were positive from the start. Katie met us at our home and was polite and professional but very warm and engaging and filled us with confidence that she knew the local market and would be well placed to market our property accordingly. Throughout the process, Katie was always contactable and was very forward in bringing us feedback after viewings and always seemed happy to take calls, even when sometimes we rang out of office hours. Although the sales process was longer than we had hoped for, more due to house nuances and market, rather than anything the team at Wentworth and Rose were or weren't doing, Katie offered good advice throughout and was able to manage the first time buyers of our property though to completion in 6 weeks and she genuinely seemed to care about us and the situation we were in. In my opinion, Katie went over and above what most other agents would do. In the brief period we dual listed via another large High Street Agent, Katie was accepting of this with no reservation. It only took us a few weeks to see the difference in quality of service, as the other Agents were not a patch on Katie, they were not proactive, had poor client interaction and generally didn't seem to care - quite simply they were inferior in every way and second class in comparison to Katie and the team at Wentworth and Rose. I would have no hesitation is using Katie and Wentworth and Rose again, they were a delight to work with and when Katie was not around (she did take a quick break to have a baby!) the rest of the team were great too and stepped in with no change of service.

A review by Jessica Molesworth on 29/03/2017

Victoria
£650000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wentworth and Rose were fantastic, made it a personal service and made us feel like they really cared about helping us to buy our house. Vicky let us see the house before it came on the market and helped us seamlessly buy it and supported us through the process. Thank you so much to all -they were all professional and kind.

A review by Carlene on 10/03/2017

Sandra
B29
£600
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting my property from wentworth&rose for nearly 4 years. The staff have been so understanding when I have been in difficult times, I would recommend this business to anyone who wants to feel safe and assured that if you do have problems these people will help you to the best of their ability. I have had such bad times and been worried that I could even lose my home. They really are understanding and allowed me the time to resolve my problems without pressure.

A review by Yvonne G on 08/03/2017

B15
Would you use the agent again? Yes

My situation was complicated in that I had been endeavouring to sell my mother's sheltered flat in a very difficult market. Having had little interest through another estate agent, I was encouraged by Katie's industrious and creative approach. Essentially she facilitated a double sale, by first exchanging my mother's flat for the house of a lady requiring sheltered living. She then went on to sell the lady's house and thus release my mother's capital. I highly recommend her services, she did a wonderful job for me and my mum.

A review by Happy Client on 26/02/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having had two large multiple and one large independent estate agents who failed miserably to promote and sell my house over a period of 13 months, I decided to let Wentworth and Rose handle the sale. My decision was rewarded with a completion of the sale of the house within 5 months of engaging this small independent that actually gets to know you, your property and the buyer.

A review by MJ on 20/02/2017

Katie Wright, Victoria
B15
£184000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I chose Wentworth and Rose after speaking to 2 other estate agencies, who I felt undervalued my property. The moment I picked up the phone to Wentworth and Rose they had a very different approach. I found the staff very friendly and enthusiastic, not like other agencies who feel more corporate. There personal touch was excellent. I dealt mainly with Katie, and she was able to arrange a viewing and valuation very quickly. Within 1 week I had a potential buyer. Although the actual sale took a lot longer than anticipated, this was no fault of the estate agents. In fact Wentworth and Rose were always contactable and were able to reassure throughout. I highly recommend there services. Well done to the whole team!

A review by Tony on 27/01/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We first tried to sell our property through Hadeighs. They were pathetic - never did a viewing, always saying they were short staffed, and never got any feedback. Rightmove did eventually find us a buyer. He actually remarked that he was surprised that they had not sought feedback after the viewing. The sale fell over because (1) we had title issues with the property we were buying; and (2) we had a down valuation. Hadleighs were useless with the latter with one partner saying that he had always thought our property was overvalued, despite the fact that they had valued it!! Came back to market and used W&R following a positive reference. They have been excellent. You feel like you are their client. They are always enthusiastic, always do viewings and always get feedback. We found a buyer, at a better price than previously, but could not complete as we could not find anywhere - our target market has slowed right down. We are taking a break until Spring but will definitely use W&R again.

A review by Andy on 13/01/2017

£190000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi ,I used Wentworth Rose to sell an investment property in Edgbaston . Katie ( now a mum bless) gave me sound and realistic advice on what I could achieve for the house , and achieved expectations within only a few weeks .Katie also gave me some very helpful advice on a small development project I had on so will definitely be using again . Thank you

A review by Rona on 13/01/2017

B30
£250000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic service from all the team at Wentworth and Rose, wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Very proactive, felt that they worked to achieve the best price in a great time and looked after the sale from the first meeting right up until completion.

A review by Caroline on 13/01/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic family run agency. They took the stress out of selling my home, managed all of the viewings and were great at communicating feedback and managing the sale from start to finish. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

A review by Sean & Samantha on 07/07/2016

Katie Wright, Victoria
£430000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Katie & the team were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish when I sold my property through them. Having invited 3 agents to value my property, Wentworth & Rose valued it at the highest but their confidence in achieving this price made choosing them as my agent, an easy decision. After the property had been marketed for only a week, they presented me 2 offers which exceeded my expectations. They made the whole process seamless and easy to understand. Thank you for all your hard work and will definitely be keeping in touch with you and recommending you to all my friends and family! Many thanks! Sean & Samantha

A review by Bissell on 15/06/2016

Sales (Prospective customer)
b64
Would you use the agent again? No

Just phoned up to booking a viewing. Was told rather rudely that if I didn't let them know what I was looking for in a house so they could let me know of others they had, I wouldn't be able to view the house I'd phoned to book a viewing for. Apparently, it's Mandatory. Appalling customer service and a ridiculous clause to have. Selling my own house soon, but not with these guys.

A review by Andy & Alexa on 08/06/2016

B38
£380000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wentworth & Rose provided a great service during the recent sale of our house. We had previously had our house on the market with another agent and had very few viewings, and no offers. We changed to Wentworth & Rose (and kept the asking price the same) and within a few weeks were had accepted an offer very close to asking price. Katie and the rest of the team were genuinely enthusiastic about selling the property, and were always available to answer questions and chase up feedback from viewings, solicitors, etc. This is what estate agents should be like. I only wish that the agent we dealt with for our subsequent purchase was halfway as good as Wentworth & Rose. Would definitely recommend.

A review by Ms Moss on 29/05/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

This family run estate agency is superb. Katie and Sandra are professional, caring and I can't recommend them highly enough.

A review by LauraC on 18/07/2016

B13
Would you use the agent again? No

W&R are firmly of the opinion that their job is done once you have accepted an offer on your property. They certainly didn't see the sale through to completion - they expect you to manage your own sale, to the extent that my solicitor commented Your estate agent should be doing this. Katie and Eamonn both explicitly stated that their interest is minimal after you've accepted an offer, as they've fulfilled their contractual obligations. They lost the keys to my property and had given them to the wrong person, they rarely bothered keeping up to date on sale progress (at one point Katie even asked me if the buyer had pulled out?!), they ask you what to say to the buyer's solicitor, and refute any suggestion that you're unhappy with their service - email exchanges with them are like talking to a well-cemented brick wall. Didn't even contact me upon completion, other than to send an invoice of course!

A review by Sami on 19/02/2016

B170
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good experience. All the staffs were efficient, very diligent and kind. They put the stress away of the sale process. A special mention to the person in charge of our sale, who gave us great advises.

A review by Emma on 04/02/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Katie was fantastic right through out the whole process of buying my first home. She was always on hand to answer any questions or queries that I had.. and I had a lot! I couldn't recommend her and Wentworth and Rose highly enough and they would certainly be my estate agent of choice when I next move house.

A review by Matt Eagles on 16/12/2015

£265000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having never sold a house before, we relied heavily on the counsel provided by Katie to allay our fears, explain the complexities and nuances of the process, and ensure there was fluidity of movement throughout the entire chain. Katie and her wider team delivered on this with gusto and without their commitment, tenacity, and hard work, we fear we wouldn't have got the result we wanted. Not only did the Wentworth & Rose team secure the best price possible for our house, they chased down the rest of the chain to ensure we hit the time constraints we were under from the vendor of our new property. A great team that we would highly recommend and use again...although not going planning on going anywhere for a while!

A review by A very happy customer on 27/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

After 10 years in our home we decided to sell after meeting with four potential agents in the area it was obvious who we wanted to appoint. It proved to be the right decision as Wentworth & Rose surpassed our expectations. They were the only agent who, we felt would present the house as we would if we were selling it! Throughout the on- going process Katie was fantastic, communicative, transparent and always available. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them, to either buyer or seller. Thanks to the all of the team at Wentworth !

A review by Tom D on 23/09/2015

£200000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found Katie and the team at W&R to be highly professional, personable and dedicated in their approach. Katie was always available and one step ahead of the market. The negotiations were handled really well and throughout the process I was kept fully updated. The property was special to us as a family and Katie respected this, leveraging the location and expansion potential as to get me the best value possible. I would have no hesitation in utilising W&R again

A review by Mrs McGeeney on 16/09/2015

B29
£333500
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wentworth @ Rose sold our property within two weeks of it being on the market. Katie Martin was extremely competent and had extensive experience in her role. From start to finish Katie was always there for any queries or any help with the transaction. The house sold for a significant amount more than advertised. Cannot be thankful enough for their professionalism and helpfulness throughout

A review by Richard on 02/09/2015

B3
£300000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Katie provided a diligent service for her clients, who was not as helpful to her cause as they should have been. There were two minor difficulties of a legal nature and the vendors' solicitor was uncommunicative to say the least. In the face of this she managed to keep the transaction going to exchange.

A review by The Fisher Family on 04/08/2015

B32
£175000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had our house on the market with two other Agents, Shipways and Connells. We used them because they were well known chains and we thought they would be successful in selling our house for us. The house was empty as was previous rented out. After 8 months of no offers or second viewings we contacted Wentworth and Rose. We had not really heard of them before but we noticed that a house on the same road had been sold by them And we had nothing to lose. Katie came to the property the next day. She was honest and realistic about the asking price of the property. Immediately we started getting lots and lots of viewings. The service they provided was extremely personal - they did not show our house to prospective buyers along with ten other houses on the same day. Their offices are beautiful, modern and give a very good first impression. They use lots of other advertising sites, not just RightMove . Their fees were lower than all the other estate agents. Katie and Sandra were always encouraging and enthusiastic about everything and delightful to talk to throughout the process. We had an offer within a month and completed within 8 weeks - amazing! Would recommend to anyone!

A review by Ian on 20/07/2015

B30
£325000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We received from Katie excellent personal service from start to finish. She was very enthusiastic about our house and was a delight to deal with. If all estate agents were like her, they would not have such a bad reputation. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

A review by Leanne Perrins on 12/02/2015

£900
Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service given to us by Katie at Wentworth and Rose has been first class from day one. Katie went out of her way to help us find the perfect tenant for our property in a very quick, efficient and professional manner. She explained all the stages of renting a property and kept us informed every step of the way throughout the process. Katie is always at the end of the phone to help, going above and beyond her duties and providing such a warm and friendly service. We would recommend them in a heartbeat.

A review by Dean on 06/02/2015

£182000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Highly Recommended Estate agents in Harborne and very professional. Katie kept in touch with me all through the process. A joy to use them.

A review by Judy James on 06/01/2015

£900
Would you use the agent again? Yes

As a first time investor, I needed my hand holding from the beginning to ensure I bought the right property that could be rented out easily. From the moment I walked in through the office of Wentworth&Rose I was greeted with big smiles and an enthusiasm to help. Katie was able to guide me through what properties would be good investments and how I could maximise on getting the best rental potential. Once I purchased a property, she was able to find tenants (Doctors at the QE hospital) within only 4 days of being on the market and achieved more rent than I really thought I could get. I am delighted with the service received from Katie and the team and am looking forward to buying my 2nd property with their help.

A review by Isabel on 08/12/2014

B34
£143
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We wanted to write a review for Wentworth and Rose as this is the first property we have sold and it was through a recommendation and i am happy to say we would recommend for anyone to sell their property through them. From the first time i called the shop to enquire about completion date Katie Martin made me feel at ease and guided me through every aspect of the sale, she explained everything in detail and things i was unsure of she explained in Layman's terms. Katie was very efficient and always communicated with me what she had been doing for us each week. I feel they are a very professional and pro-active company and we are over the moon with our choice to sell our property with them.

A review by Tom on 27/11/2014

b67
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Living abroad I presumed that selling my house would be a difficult. This proved not to be the case! Katie from Wentworth & Rose estate & letting agents in Harborne was able to reassure me that the property would sell at a price that exceeded our initial expectations, even in what i assumed would be a slower market as we headed towards Christmas. The property went on the market and was showcased perfectly online and within only a week, we agreed a sale, for a price I was delighted with. From the initial marketing, through the negotiation process and even down to recommending solicitors and a removal company, Wentworth&Rose have provided an exceptionally personal and professional service. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is in need of any property advice or services. Thanks again to Katie & the team at Wentworth&Rose".

A review by Rory on 14/10/2014

, Sandra
£1500
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Katie, Sandra and Eamon provide an excellent service It's our First rental property Wentworth and Rose, have been great in solving minor pre rental issue , and getting a tenant within 14 days !

A review by Annoyed potential customer on 29/09/2014

Sales (Prospective customer)
B34
£120000
Would you use the agent again? No

I called this agency in order to enquire about a property that was up for sale. I was in the area so wanted to find out the number so i could drive by to see if it was for me or not! To which the very rude man on the phone refused to give me any information asking me numerous questions which quite frankly had nothing to do with him for example where am i right now. I was so frustrated i put down the phone and called back to speak to the manager. A lady claimed she was the manager and sniggered when i wanted to make a complaint. Funnily enough i will be speaking to the home owner regarding this incident. And i would of actually purchased it if it wasnt for this mans behaviour!

A review by Katie on 27/07/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been absolutely delighted with the professional and friendly manner received by Sandra and Eamonn at Wentworth & Rose, in finding me a property to rent in Harborne. When renting can be so difficult in the current market, along with the stigma that letting agents are using this opportunity to rip off tenants with endless, so called "admin" fees, it was a wonderful surprise to receive a very different experience from Wentworth & Rose, from as soon as I walked into their extraordinary and stunning office in Harborne. They found me a fantastic property quickly and the whole process was seamless. I am already recommending Wentworth & Rose to all my local friends and look forward to them setting very different standards across the letting agency stigma. Well done again and thank you for all your help!