Northwood

A review by Sophie on 17/11/2016

Ca2
£67
Would you use the agent again? Yes

good,friendly and very switched on with progress start to finish and helpful. Would recomend to a friend or family

A review by M.Larking on 26/06/2016

£415
Would you use the agent again? Yes

It would be unfair to nominate any one individual as the service we have received these past 5 years or so has been equally provided by numerous members of the Carlisle Northwood Team. Going way back Northwood found us a suitable tenant within a few weeks of listing our property for rental, indeed they advised us against accepting an unsuitable tenant which was down to their broad local knowledge. If any issues with the property or indeed tenants have been raised they always kept us informed in a timely manner and did not undertake any works without contacting us first. Initially I was working away and it was of some peace of mind that I could trust Northwood to manage my property in my best interest, they never loose sight of the fact that the property remains that of the owner.

A review by Theres no one better! on 09/06/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood Carlisle and all its staff are great. I've used them for almost 4 years and never had to cross paths or disagree on anything even though I can be pedantic. After a tenant left leaving the house in a appalling state they have moved fast to correct/fix/replace everything needed. And with being on the top package all I have to do is...nothing.. no stress, no drama, no losing sleep. everything is managed and managed impeccably. that's why I'm with Northwood, worth every penny. Martyn .

A review by A Nambiar on 25/04/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Update 26/4/16: I will keep my below comments on because they were accurate at the time but unfortunately I have to update this review out of sheer annoyance at a recent episode. A large amount of mail that was addressed to me at the property I was renting through this agent was dropped off by the owner to Northwood after we had vacated. Without bothering to let me know about this Northwood proceeded to send all the mail back to sender, which has created a great deal of hassle for us now trying to get back cheques and other things that we were expecting. No doubt it will be some kind of 'policy' that will be blamed, but having extolled the 'wonderful personal service' by this agent in my previous review, I would have thought a simple email to let me know of the existence of this mail and what I would like done with it would have been the logical and sensible thing to do. So, sadly, my opinion of Northwood has changed somewhat. ----------------------------------- Very pleased with the service from Northwood Carlisle, right from initial contact through to handover of keys and then at the end of the tenancy. Very professional, yet good consideration of personal circumstances and individual needs - something too few businesses these days cater for. I would definitely recommend them to prospective tenants in the Carlisle area.

A review by Jonathan on 29/03/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Out standing performance;- they sold my property for the price I wanted when other agents had failed. They showed other local estate agents how the job should be done.

A review by Fast, efficient and friendly. on 19/02/2016

Property Management
Gordon Adamson, Margaret Miller
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both Gordon and Margaret were really helpful at a time when we were in an awkward situation with regards to my late mother in laws house. Tenants were found in a matter of days and Northwood took over all the admin to make the letting run smoothly from start to finish. Thank you.

A review by Oswald Street on 06/02/2016

Maxine Rouse, Gordon Adamson
£440
Would you use the agent again? Yes

General experience , fast and efficient service. They found me 4 tenants quickly, having done all the relevant checks, a quality service providing quality tenants. Staff were polite and helpful.

A review by Andy on 15/01/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I've used other agents and been let down. I now would not go anywhere else. First class, friendly and efficient service from the whole team.

A review by Happy Tenant on 05/12/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have always been very happy with the service provided by Northwood because they deal with queries quickly and efficiently. Maxine and Erica, in particular, have been extremely helpful. I would recommend this agent to any tenant as they are first class!

A review by Nick H. on 25/11/2015

Margaret Miller
£220000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

This is a first class estate agency. I bought a property through them and they treated me as courteously as if I was one of their sellers. In other words, whether buyer or seller, you get the very best customer service. The staff are knowledgeable and professional and extremely efficient too. Calls are always returned promptly and if they say they are going to do something, they do. They are totally trustworthy. I cannot praise them and Margaret enough.

A review by Michael on 21/11/2015

Ca2
Would you use the agent again? Yes

All staff at Northwood are very approachable and helpful. They have have been quick to respond via email or by phone and any issues have been seen to promptly. I would recommend them to friends or family as they have provided a good service.

A review by Aston on 17/11/2015

Kerry Doree, Georgina Ferguson
£350
Would you use the agent again? Yes

When I was looking for an agent to assist me with letting my flat I chose Northwood from the Google options. Having had a very bad experience with a tenant who was a friend of a friend I decided that I would need help to re-let. So one Sunday afternoon I e-mailed the Carlisle office and Georgina contacted me the next day to make an appointment for Kerry to come and make an inspection. Kerry gave me detailed instructions on how to get the property up to the required standard and also provided me with phone numbers for a various tradesmen. It was some time before I was able to get the work completed due to holidays - mine as well as theirs - but two days after I reported back to the office Kerry came out to re-inspect the flat. A week after that I signed and returned the appropriate documents together with the keys. And to my delight Georgina was soon on the phone to tell me that they had found what they hoped would be a suitable tenant and were taking up references for an early entry date. I am so grateful for the efficient and friendly service I have received and would have no hesitation in recommending them to any landlord. I hope it is a long time before I need to find another tenant but I would certainly use Northwood again.

A review by Sam Norman on 13/11/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Kerry Doree
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found Northwood to be really accommodating, excellent friendly down to Earth service. We have only left our property to buy, and I hope we can buy through Northwood in the future and I hope to have many more dealings with this very friendly team, regards Sammy

A review by Mrs C on 12/11/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have let my property with Northwood now for over seven years, I have had minimal vacate periods between tenancies and always received great customer service with regular communication. I have always been happy with Northwood's selection of tenant, having been reassured that they have carried out all the necessary checks and referencing. Any maintenance issues have always been rectified promptly with minimal fuss. I would highly recommend Northwood to any other landlords.

A review by Adam on 12/11/2015

£350
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have always been very efficient. If you need something done they will get it done for you. All the staff are friendly and extremely helpful.

A review by Carolyn on 11/11/2015

Erica Stephenson, Gilli
£795
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have managed our rental property for the past 6 years and during this time we have always found their conduct very professional. Any issues arising with the property or tenants are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner by Gordon and his team. They take care in selecting suitable tenants and keep us up to date with new legislation.

A review by Anna on 11/11/2015

Andrea Bell, Andrea Bell
£390
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Good at finding tenants who regularly paid their rent on time. Helpful and polite and turn up at property at a time to shut me

A review by David beattie on 11/11/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Erica Stephenson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have always had a quick response to any issues that have arisen. They are helpful, easy people to deal with.

A review by Anne on 11/11/2015

Gilli , Georgina Ferguson
£700
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Whenever we have had a problem it has been addressed immediately. The staff ar e always bright and cheerful and very helpful

A review by Carlisle4909 on 07/11/2015

jilly , Maxine Rouse
£375
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found my experience finding where I live now with Jilly great! After seeing a few other properties that weren't suitable (but that I had selected to view) she seemed to quickly get a sense of what is was I was looking for and suggested viewing the place I now live. I was not a place I would have considered from the online listing but actually is perfect, I'm very glad she thought of this place for me. Since getting the property most necessary eek has been completed quickly and without question. However there is some outstanding work that I reported months ago and I have not been updated as to when this will be carried out. Maxine arranged some work to be done recently while I was out of the property, but there was no sign that this has been done on that date and I have not been told either way. Generally there has been a few instances where Northwoods key to my property has not been retrieved from agencies brought in to do work after it has been completed. While this makes me slightly concerned for security, the reason I know this is happening is that is has meant other work being cancelled as they can't get in the building, and even inspections from Northwood have not been carried out when they told me they would be. While I am not hugely concerned about this, is has meant I have put extra effort into tidying in vain which is somewhat annoying, plus I was concerned as to why I was being told my flat was being inspected on a monthly basis for a while when it's meant to be every 3 months, but this was because they didn't have a key and only got in when it was a day I wasn't working. Overall, I am satisfied with my experience with Northwood but I feel that since initially making a contract with them and becoming a tennant, the standard of service has dropped a little. These are mainly communication issues I feel, which I am confident can be easily resolved.

A review by Steven Hewitt on 06/11/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Maxine Rouse
CA
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been clients of Northwood now for some time and have always found the service they offer exceptional. It is difficult to single out just one or two of the team as I have always found all of the staff there very helpful. It is reassuring to know you are dealing with a company that has a wealth of local knowledge and where you feel they have the best interests of both the tenant and landlord at heart. You always feel your property is in safe hands and that you are kept informed at all times of anything that would affect the agreement you have with your tenants. Any remedial work required is handled efficiently and without fuss. We would have no hesitation in recommending Northwood to any potential landlords as they have offered invaluable advice and knowledge throughout the time we have worked with them.

A review by Susan Mcfarlane on 06/11/2015

jilly , Erica Stephenson
£700
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Overall excellent very happy to help with a problem and always phones back to update everyone inthe office is really friendly too

A review by Paul on 05/11/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Erica Stephenson
£465
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were dealt with in a professional manner. The staff were more than helpful, answered all of the we had and were really polite about doing their business.

A review by Stephen Clark on 05/11/2015

£160000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Bought our first house from Northwood, everything went to plan. Kept us informed at every step. Thanks guys we are so happy. Would highly recommend.

A review by Richard on 04/11/2015

Margaret Miller, Jenna Phillips
Dg13
Would you use the agent again? Yes

As an accidental landlord, Northwood took care of everything and gave us total confidence in letting my property. The property is let in one week with great tenants.

A review by Mr Kitching on 04/11/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have several properties with Northwood and have done for 3 years. The Northwood team are really great when dealing with all my queries and I know that my properties are looked after by the tenants that they put in them. I am always kept up to date with any inspections that they do and have 100% trust in their ability to manage my portfolio. I always recommend the Northwood team.

A review by C French on 04/11/2015

£170000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Switched to Northwood after my house was struggling to sell, 9 weeks later... House sold at a decent price. Can't thank them enough. Quick and easy to work with.

A review by Stuart on 04/11/2015

Ca5
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been in rented accommodation for many years through various letting agents and recently moved to Northwood. So far I can say they have been the most friendly, efficient and helpful by far. It's nice to know that any queries or maintenance issues I have are dealt with straight away with no hassle. If I ever move, I would defiantly look to stay with Northwood.

A review by Steven Evans on 04/11/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Gordon Adamson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood has managed my property's for a few years and has always provided a brilliant service from finding new tenants, responding quickly to any issues raised by the tenants and ensuring that my rent is paid. thanks

A review by Mrs Robinson on 03/11/2015

Elaine Sharkey, Maxine Rouse
£470
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have let my property through Northwood for several years now and they have always been very professional and caring. They always keep me in the loop regarding any issues that occur. The staff are very pleasant and approachable. I would certainly recommend Northwood.

A review by Iain j on 03/11/2015

Ewan
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had a property on with Northwood for a couple of years. I was on the fully managed scheme. Never had to worry about a thing, all the staff are well trained and kept me up to date with everything that was going on. They found me two sets of excellent tenants. Im currently letting my property out to a family member at the moment, however if they move out I will be putting it back on with Northwood.

A review by keithwalker on 02/11/2015

Gordon Adamson, Erica Stephenson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have now used the Carlisle Branch on a number of occasions to find new reliable tenants. The staff have always been helpful and efficient and it never takes them long to find new tennants

A review by Liam on 31/10/2015

£240000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having had three valuations from various local estate agents, I chose to proceed with Northwood. I felt they were both professional and proactive in their approach. This was soon demonstrated when my property sold just days after putting it on the market with several viewings lined up straight away. I would highly recommend Northwood, I always found all members of staff to be helpful.

A review by Gill Graham on 31/10/2015

Property Management
Gilli , Maxine Rouse
CA
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Dealing with Northwood was a very positive experience, we found the staff very knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects of advising us about renting our property. We would definitely use them again in the future and highly recommend to others.

A review by Arjun on 30/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I'm new to the region and moved up from a fair distance away so it was important to have an agent well established in the area who could provide reliable advice. Northwood were excellent in this regard and out landlords also seemed to be very happy with their service. We did have a slight hiccup on the day we moved because we had a six hour drive up from our previous home and traffic turned it into an over 7 hour drive. It being a Friday evening we ended up arriving after the Northwood office closing time. However Erica very kindly stayed on for an extra half hour to hand over the keys to us, which saved us a huge amount of hassle and stress as we had a moving van with us as well. Lovely to see some individuals and companies still willing to go the extra mile!

A review by Jane on 30/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I regret that i do not recall the names of the two members of staff that i have had dealings with however both of the women were very helpful, courteous and quick to assist with any queries i had during my move. I would certainly recommend Northwood to family and friends.

A review by Ron Wilby on 30/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood marketed our property and selected and vetted a suitable tenant, they organised showing the tenant around the property, and as first time landlords they guided us through the whole process

A review by Mark Ewbank on 29/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a Tenant of the Northwood Office (Carlisle) for over 6 years and have rented three properties. During this time I have had no reason to complain in relation to the way that I am treated as a tenant. The staff are second to none, especially the front desk girls, Erika, Gilli and Maxine, they are a major asset to the projection of a professional and highly motivated office. My main dealing are with Maxine and I can only praise her professional approach. No query or problem is too small or too large, her determination to solve any problems that I have had has been dealt with quickly and efficiently. And if there has been a delay she has always kept me up to date with developments until conclusion. This is highlighted when dealing with the paperwork when I have transferred from one property to another. I can only reiterate what I have already stated, she is a pleasure to deal with, an asset to the company. I look forward to staying with the company for the future, knowing that I have these people to help and support me.

A review by Terri on 29/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service by Northwood, good communication friendly and very helpful, couldn't fault anything, or anyone. Fantastic property which was immaculately clean.

A review by sam on 29/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have rented from Northwood for 6 months and they have met all my needs/requirements regarding my home. All staff are friendly and efficient.

A review by Steven Brady on 29/10/2015

£250000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Had a fantatic experience selling my property through Northwood. My property was marketed extremely well and the whole experience was made stress free, would highly reccomend Northwood to any potential seller. I certainly will use them again in the future.

A review by Mr Spence on 29/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would Like to say on behalf of myself and my wife we are extremely happy with the customer service at Northwood. We plan on staying with them for the foreseen Future. Mr Spence.

A review by Craig Stewart on 29/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am a current tenant with Northwood, the service is good, all staff are on the ball. They must have a good relationship with contractors and organised with maintenance as my shower was broken in June and was fixed the next day. It's small things like this that go a long way.

A review by joanna on 29/10/2015

Maxine Rouse, Georgina Ferguson
ca5
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I find northwood to be very helpful and deal with any of my questions really quickly. All the girls are really friendly and always make me feel welcome when I go in the office. They are a really great letting agent.

A review by RF on 29/10/2015

£575
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Rent a property from Northwood. I work up north and commute back to Carlisle every other week. Both Northwood and the landlord are happy with my situation. Makes life easy for me.

A review by Craig on 28/10/2015

Ewan
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I'm a new tenant with Northwood. The whole process was very smooth, all referencing and credit checks were done efficiently and the admin fees are fair as well. They gave me plenty of notice on my first inspection as well. Keep up the good work!

A review by steve cornwell on 28/10/2015

Gilli , Erica Stephenson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used the services of the Carlisle office for 6 years for my portfolio and have had no issues with the tenants selected by the teem at Northwood. I find the guaranteed income in my account each month with out fail. I do recommend Northwood's to everyone

A review by Stephen Buchanan on 28/10/2015

Georgina Ferguson, Gordon Adamson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have two properties with northwood and I am very impressed with the standard of there checks every Tennant they have found have been excellent. There fees are very reasonable and there overall service is alot better than most.

A review by Mr Robert Park on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have used Northwood Carlisle to let our portfolio of around 18 properties for several years now. We have always found them to be very good at what they do. Properties are usually let promptly at market rates. Having Northwood as an agent removes the hassle involved in renting property. In addition the staff are always very helpful and pleasant to deal with. As a company they are also very good at answering various property related matters which in effect brings added value to the letting service provided.

A review by Andy Bell on 28/10/2015

Kerry Doree, Georgina Ferguson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic team who found me a tenant within 24hrs. Monthly updates and stress free service. Guaranteed rent is great. Personal service every member of staff knew my name.

A review by Mike James on 28/10/2015

Ewan , Gordon Adamson
£1200
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have many properties within Cumbria and require support on a regular basis to deal with tenants who lease my property... I must say that Northwood go the extra mile in all the support they give me and in particular Ewan Adamson stands our from the crowd...

A review by K D on 28/10/2015

Ca4
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have used Northwood Carlisle for a number of years with complete satisfaction. They consistently deliver quality tenants for all of our properties. Having used other agents in the past, the service and value for money is first class.

A review by Rossireland on 28/10/2015

£110000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I sold my property with Northwood 2 years ago, despite the dip in the economy i still had a quick sale which was close to the asking price. All staff are very helpful. Even if I spoke to someone who wasn't directly involved in my sale they still were able to help and inform me. Fantastic service all round.

A review by Geoff on 28/10/2015

Erica Stephenson, Gordon Adamson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

This company has managed my property for several years and has always provided an exceptional service from the sourcing of new tenants, responding to any issues raised by the tenants and ensuring that my rent is always paid on time.

A review by Calum Dunlop on 28/10/2015

Gordon Adamson, Ewan
£515
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Had the choice between Northwood and another agent to put my property on with. It was the guaranteed rent scheme which edged it for me. That fact I work away means I don't need to worry about anything and everything is managed by Northwood. Also no empty periods... What more can a landlord ask for?

A review by A.louise on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Proactive, efficient and great service. My partner and I have been renting with Northwood for a while now. A very welcoming office

A review by MC on 28/10/2015

Ewan , Erica Stephenson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Bought a 3 bedroom property with Northwood. Their advice was extremely helpful and the process was stress free. My family and I are considering moving again in the next couple of years and we will be selling with Gordon and his team.

A review by Andy Little on 28/10/2015

Gordon Adamson, Maxine Rouse
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I used to be a tenant, good service throughout. I felt my previous letting agent ripped me off with my deposit but Northwood never, they proved all the works with invoices so there was no need for a dispute. Highly recommended!

A review by Elaine on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was very pleased with the service I received from Northwood. Maxine was very pleasant and helpful member of the team. She explained everything clearly and was very efficient. I have been a landlord for a long time and have been subject to loss of rent, abandonment and damage to my property. The guaranteed rent for me takes a lot of stress and worry out of renting my property as I know I will have no void periods. I am a member of the landlord Association and I will be recommending Northwood to other members.

A review by J E Reay on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a landlord for 18 years and moved to Northwood 3 years ago and have dealt solely with Maxine who I find to be able to answer any quiries or concerns that I have regarding my properties or tenants. Maxine has always gone the extra mile and if I can't be given an answer immediately she always finds the answer in the allotted time she gives me. Without Northwood and their services I would not feel as condident as I do to be able to enjoy my leasure time in my retirement with the peace of mind I have since joining the Northwood letting agency.

A review by Lisa on 28/10/2015

£125000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I contacted Northwood Carlisle for some advice on selling my property, they were able to attend the next day to provide me with a valuation and even take photographs that day to begin the marketing process. I have so far found their service very easy and all of the staff very helpful.

A review by Mike on 28/10/2015

£187000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

My property was for sale with another agent for 6 years on and off. I moved to Northwood mid 2014 and they had my property sold before Christmas. Very efficient and friendly staff.

A review by Julia on 28/10/2015

£174000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

My property was on the market for 5 years with a long established Carlisle agency, dropping in value from the first valuation considerably. I eventually was able to change agents to Northwood who sold my house in a couple of months. The fresh and proactive marketing plus being kept up to date with internet traffic and genuine response from viewings was really helpful, professional and reasurring. My house sold with no problems and I would highly reccomend as an estate agent and letting agent, having rented a property managed by Northwood Carlisle.

A review by SK on 28/10/2015

£750
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have rented my property through Northwood for 2 years on a fully managed scheme. They are great at finding the perfect tenant and dealing with all maintenance issues.

A review by The Forge Brunstock on 28/10/2015

Gordon Adamson, Kerry Doree
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Although I have privately rented my property for the past 15 years, I had never before rented my property through an agent so it was a whole new wonderful experience! Dealing with Northwood, Carlisle it was so stress free! they couldn't have done more! They dealt with everything! I just sit back and do nothing! The rent is paid online into my bank account on the same day each month without fail and any issues the tenant may have with the property is dealt directly with Northwood who of course keep me informed but they just sort everything!!

A review by Kate on 28/10/2015

Ewan , Kerry Doree
ca4
Would you use the agent again? Yes

i've been a tenant with Northwood for just under a year now. I've had a couple of maintenance issues which were dealt with well, and the staff are all friendly and helpful

A review by Gavin on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am a landlord living in London and have used Northwood for the past year. The service is fantastic and all the staff are very helpful. Would highly recommend Northwood.

A review by Eddy on 28/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Have used Northwood for 12months now and everything has ran like clockwork , really easy to deal with and a lot less stress full than doing it all myself

A review by Mike on 27/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Before going to Northwood, I found my own tenants but after problem after problem I used Northwood's guaranteed rent scheme. I've never had a single issue and my rents paid every month without fail

A review by G Dutton on 27/10/2015

Ca8
£850
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Northwood for several years and have never looked back. All the staff are great and very helpful. I always have the best calibre of tenants put in my property as their vetting service is so efficient. Would highly recommend Northwood.

A review by Oscar on 27/10/2015

Erica Stephenson, Margaret Miller
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I rented a property from Northwood for 6 months whilst purchasing a new house. I found all of the staff extremely helpful and the whole process went smoothly. I would recommend them to anyone.

A review by Peter on 27/10/2015

Gilli , Erica Stephenson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agent helped me by preparing paperwork and guiding me through payment and signing. She was friendly and helpful. She kept me in touch with when the property would be available.

A review by Lynne Stirling on 27/10/2015

Ewan , jilly
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We viewed 2 properties with Ewanwho was very helpful and answered all our questions and informed us of eeverything we needed to do Jilly in the office was very helpful and guided us through all the paperwork and monies we needed to pay we are now very happy in our new home they even got us in contact with an insurance company would highly recommend this company very happy clients

A review by Jen Thorpe on 27/10/2015

Gilli , Maxine Rouse
£430
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently used Northwood to find a tenant for my rental property and found the service to be consistently knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. My property was let with only a one week void period and with the reassurance that the prospective tenant had been properly vetted. I would highly recommend Northwood to any other landlord or tenant and believe them to be the best agent in Carlisle offering this service. Always a pleasure to deal with!

A review by Thomas on 27/10/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been renting for a number of years, and have been through a number of estate agents. Northwood Carlisle were the friendliest, most efficient, and most professional by far. Fully recommend.

A review by Richard Dixon on 26/10/2015

Maxine Rouse, Gilli
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am a landlord with a portfolio of properties and have dealt with Northwood for several years. I can always trust that they find suitable tenants for my apartments and ensure that they are thoroughly vetted prior to setting up all the agreements etc. The staff in the office are very approachable and are always happy to help with any queries. I would always recommend Northwood to other landlords.

A review by Janet and Steve on 23/09/2015

Maxine Rouse, Gordon Adamson
£595
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We would strongly recommend using Northwood, especially if you have a property to let. They are friendly, professesional and good value for money. As landlords we have been impressed with the speed with which they have found tenants and also completed the paperwork. For example they even managed to find us a tenant in December.

A review by Jab! on 17/09/2015

Erica Stephenson, Georgina Ferguson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

First class service. Erica Stephenson in particular. With a radiant smile and a captivating manner delt with my query fantasticly, going above and beyond to help me gets things sorted. Very grateful keep up the good work x

A review by Gary on 16/09/2015

Lettings (Prospective customer)
Kerry Doree
Would you use the agent again? Yes

My wife and I were looking for a property for our son who was stating a new job in Carlisle. We do not know the area, it was our first visit to Carlisle, so we were very dependant on the local agent's to help us and guide us. Everyone we met at Northwood was friendly, helpful and very professional. They took time to talk to us and to understand or needs and were prepared to offer advice about the town, areas that would suit us and which might not. They seemed genuinely interested in us and not simply interested in getting us to take one of their properties. Once we had selected a property, the 'formalities' were handled quickly and efficiently and again with a friendly and helpful attitude. All in all, great service that gave us confidence and reassurance that we were making a sound choice. Highly recommended!

A review by Marian on 16/08/2015

ca3
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi Gilli Thank you so much for everything you and your colleagues have done over the last few days. You have gone above and beyond what is required and made a difficult situation so much easier. I am more than happy to provide the following testimonial and am happy for my name to be used: I am a landlord and this is my first experience of dealing with Northwood Cumbria. On visiting their office, I quickly felt confident that the staff had the skills and drive to do a great job. All my dealings with the staff and management have been very pleasant. They have all been very helpful, polite and friendly. During the letting process, I was given feedback from prospective tenants and advice on what improvements my property needed. The house was let quickly and for the target rent. Northwood have helped me above and beyond their contractual obligations, for which I am very grateful. I will most certainly use them again and highly recommend them to any other landlord.

A review by Hannah88 on 13/08/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic service throughout the process. They were quick and efficient and always kept us in touch of any progress made in our application. There was a slight hiccup when we came to pick up the keys caused on out part, but Gilli did everything she could to resolve this.

A review by JG on 12/08/2015

Gordon Adamson, Kerry Doree
£220000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the very first meeting I had complete confidence in Northwood and they didn't let me down. From outstanding property details that really showed my house at its best to fantastic communication. Most importantly I achieved a great price.

A review by Bob on 16/07/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

knowledgeable and proactive organisations with excellent service ethos OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS NOTHWOODS HAVE PROVIDED PROFESSIONAL HELP AND GUIDANCE IN THE MANAGEMENT AND SALE OF TENTED PROPERTIES TO AND EXCEPTIONAL STANDARD THANK YOU

A review by Alan L on 09/07/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

As an unintentional landlord, I find the Northwood Guaranteed Rent service a really successful way to avoid the hassle of letting. The benefit of peace of mind far outweighs the costs and I am wholly content with the professional service provided by the Carlisle Office Team. Most importantly, my rent payments have always been correct and arrived right on time. To any prospective landlord, I would strongly recommend a favourable look at Northwood before choosing a letting agency.

A review by AA on 09/07/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have acted for me for a number of years. They initially gave advice on my property to get it in a condition to rent. They have then dealt with finding, vetting and any queries from tenants. Any repairs that have needed done they have found local tradesmen to carry out the work. The staff are always very friendly, helpful and professional. All information is clear and if I ever have any queries they are answered promptly. I would recommend Northwood Carlisle.

A review by APP Properties on 08/07/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have dealt with Northwood as a Landlord for a number of years. Northwood are very professional and flexible in their dealings, staff are knowledgeable and there is always someone on hand to answer any queries or issues. I would recommend Northwood to any Landlord looking to let out a property they give that bit of extra service

A review by Woodmass Developments on 08/07/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

After using some of the other letting agents in Carlisle, I started working with the Northwood letting team just over 7 years ago They have helped me let out and grow my buy to let property portfolio over the years I have always found the Northwood team to be very helpful , efficient and professional when dealing with them Which is what you need to help you maximise your rental potential and minimise the time between lettings I look forward to working with the Northwood team in future

A review by Maureen and Richard on 18/06/2015

DG 1
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Thank you for looking after our son's property over the last two years. We appreciate the regular inspections and being informed of the outcome. We would recommend Northwood to anyone proposing to let their property.

A review by Alan on 17/06/2015

£595
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood were pro-active and very efficient in assessing my property, recommending the level of rent, finding a tenant and ensuring that the property was up to standard. Way better than my previous agents in all respects. I highly recommend Northwood.

A review by GC on 17/06/2015

£490
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to say that Northwood have been amazing to us and have helped us a lot. We have had a lot of worry over the years with the landlady but all of the staff at Northwood have really helped.

A review by Jill on 08/06/2015

£600
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with Northwood for about six/eight weeks as a tenant. All of the staff I have dealt with have been lovely and always happy to help. Erica, Georgina, Elaine, Gilli and Max. Nothing has been too much trouble and they have always got back to me ASAP. Staff friendly, polite and efficient. Cannot suggest any improvements as all doing a great job!

A review by Jenny on 20/04/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a tenant with Northwood Carlisle for two years. During this time I have lived in two lovely properties. I must commend Northwood for their friendliness and attentiveness to any problems reported during my tenancy. My only criticism would be, what I assume is common in the renting game, disagreement over deposit at the end. Overall, I do believe that it is better for renters to use a company such as Northwood over dealing direct with a private landlord.

A review by Woody on 24/06/2014

£430
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Northwood since they opened 7 years ago, I have a great close working relationship with the staff, after using several other agents in the town, I would strongly recommend Northwood. I look forwards to working with them in the future.

A review by Mrs C on 24/06/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I changed to Northwood as my previous agent was poor with communication. Since changing some 5 years ago, I've found the guys at Northwood extremely professional, approachable, helpful and they offer excellent value for money.

A review by Ms AH on 23/06/2014

£205000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would just like to say how impressed we have been throughout with the service received from all the personnel at Northwood in Carlisle. We had our property up with an agent previously and changed to Northwood, very noticeable the differences between a firm who knows how to sell and one that says they do! Definitely recommend them.

A review by Oggy on 17/06/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

Avoid renting from Northwood if at all possible, apart from the fact they charge the highest fees, and you never get to speak to the same person when you call their office, they will also try and visit the property you are renting by not trying to agree a time with their tenant to visit that is mutually convenient. They do it by sending emails giving a vague couple of days they may visit on (ie Wednesday or Thursday) and telling you it is not necessary for you to be there if you tell them that those are not convenient days! They were pushy and if tenants did not know that Northwood don't have the right to do this they could esaily be taken advantage of. Taken from the internet: http://www.propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk/blog/landlords-right-of-entry/ "It is in fact illegal for a landlord or agent to enter their property without agreement from the tenant. The office of fair trading document oft356 reads as follows: 3.32 We would object to a provision giving the landlord an excessive right to enter the rented property. Under any kind of lease or tenancy, a landlord is required by common law to allow his tenants ‘exclusive possession' and ‘quiet enjoyment' of the premises during the tenancy. In other words, tenants must be free from unwarranted intrusion by anyone, including the landlord. Landlords are unfairly disregarding that basic obligation if they reserve a right to enter the property without giving reasonable notice or getting the tenant's consent, except for good reason. "Irrespective of what maybe written in the agreed contract between a landlord and a tenant e.g. a clause that states the landlord is allowed to enter the property without permission; the law will ultimately overrule the clause because it would be seen as unfair and therefore void. Not even a contract will help a landlord in court if he/she steps into their property thinking they can do so because of what is agreed in a contract."

A review by oddbox on 13/03/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

3 months ago when I reported an overflowing drainpipe it was just that. I have asked various times in the meantime of any news regarding a repair and have just been told each time it was in hand. 3 months later with still nothing done, two or three rooms now have penetrating damp damage and the mortar is being washed out of the exterior brickwork. Way to go, turn a simple, inexpensive job into one that\'ll cost hundreds if not thousands to fix. I refuse to pay for any of it, even a tin of paint after this fiasco. I feel sorry for the property owner who\'s going to have to pay for Northwood\'s incompetence.