Northwood

• 2014 Best Letting Agent in Derby
  • 2014 Best Letting Agent in DE1

A review by More than happy on 02/08/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with Northwood in Derby regarding leasing and selling a property and have nothing but praise for their efficiency and perseverance when necessary in order to help.

A review by Steve C on 13/07/2017

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Right from the initial valuation visit and discussion, it was obvious to me that Wendy, Karen and the Northwood, Derby team were people that I could feel confident in. This feeling continued throughout the process and the business relationship remained strong right up to the closing of the deal. Communication and updates from Wendy and her team were very frequent, very friendly and always helpful, clearly identifying when there was something I needed to do. The house was sold within 1 week of initial listing, achieving the asking price, but the follow up activities and communication continued all the way to completion and beyond. At all times I felt that Wendy and her team acted in my best interests and with complete professionalism. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

A review by SarahHine on 22/05/2017

Wendy Richards, Alice Lane
DE24
£145000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had such a great experience selling our house with Northwood. Wendy was fantastic from the beginning at our valuation appointment and we are so happy we chose them. The process was really easy and our property was marketed so well it sold in a week! We were kept updated at all points and can't thank Northwood enough!

A review by Hayley & Richard on 10/11/2016

de21
£337000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I chose Northwood because I worked with them previously through my job as a new homes senior sales manager. They were always professional and pro-active when I worked with them in the past. My house sold very quickly in May and since then there were major delays in the chain. Northwood (particularly Wendy and Hannah) chased every week, sometimes several times a week unlike many agents who chase just once. I am probably one of the most annoying clients, as I have been working in the industry for 24 years and owned my own Estate Agents for a while, so I was very demanding. Their professionalism never wavered and I have nothing but good wordw to say about the whole team. Without their patience dealing with me and their pro-active approach - my sale would never have gone through. They really deserve to win the best agent award and I would recommend them to anyone moving home. Thank you Northwood - you have helped make our dream come true.

A review by Gary on 04/09/2016

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I happened across Northwood 10 years ago when they first opened in Derby and I needed an agent for a fully managed let. Ever since then, they have remained helpful, cheerful and professional in all my dealings with them.

A review by Mr & Mrs Roome on 09/08/2016

De65
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have used Northwood for many years for rental properties and deciding to sell one of them and also our own family home. We would like to say the advice and service we received was excellent and very proffesional. We would strongly recommend them.

A review by Adele on 10/05/2016

DE13
Would you use the agent again? Yes

This was my first buy to let property and so was in need of some guidance. Northwood Derby, in particular Wendy made the process extremley straight forward. The service I received was both professional, efficient, and made very simple for someone doing this for the first time. Thank you once again to the team at Derby.

A review by Mark Sherratt on 03/05/2016

£620
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wendy & Carol offer an outstanding service along with their team from years of experience and knowledge of the housing and rental market in Derby. Their professionalism and commitment to me as a Landlord has been excellent. This has always given me peace of mind, security and an assurance of their full support at all times. They have managed my property well and have always found new tenants for me quickly. Rent collection and payments are also regular. I highly recommend them.

A review by TRULY EXCELLENT on 28/03/2016

£97250
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Our principal contact was Wendy, who was really excellent. She was quick to understand what we wanted from the sale, talked us through every stage of the process, and always gave us sound advice when requested. She also kept us well informed at every stage of the process, was very professional at all times, and we always felt she had our best interests at heart, whilst also being very fair to the buyers. Technically, we were very satisfied with the exposure the property received, the way in which it was presented, and the evaluation of possible buyers.

A review by G&I on 17/03/2016

£68500
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We were very pleased with the communication between the staff and us when we visited the office we were always greeted with a friendly smile it was a pleasure doing buisness.

A review by Michelle on 09/03/2016

Would you use the agent again? No

Fantastic agent I have used them for 10 years now and the service has always been first class. They have been so friendly and helpful every step of the way. I could not give them a higher recommendation.

A review by Hannah on 20/02/2016

Alice Lane, Karen Wesson
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Service was excellent and made my first experience of moving home easy and stress free. Everything was explained thoroughly and professionally. I have great confidence in their service and knowledge

A review by Matt on 03/12/2015

£138000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

My relationship with Northwood was both as a Landlord through to eventually having them act as the estate agent to sell the same house they had let on my behalf. On the letting side they quickly found a tennant for the property who stayed in house until is was eventually sold. The tennant was very reliable and kept the house in very good condition. When I decided to sell the property they carried out the valuation promptly and took some great photos of the house which sold at my target price within 5 days of being put live. Throughout my relationship with Northwood they were always very quick to repsond to questions, queries and requests both by phone and email. Overall I am very happy with the service I received from Northwood Derby.

A review by Carly on 27/11/2015

£95000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

An Absolutely Amazing Agency!. I rented my property through Northwood since 2009 and I have just recently sold the same property through them. They are and excellent agency. Wendy was amazing as was Tom and Carol. I have worked with a few of them through the years and have found them always to be, helpful, efficient, informative and most of all friendly. I have been living and travelling abroad for a few years but communication with Northwood has never been an issue no matter where I've been. I highly HIGHLY recommend this agency !

A review by Sandra on 27/09/2015

Wendy Richards, Alice Lane
£700
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood Lettings in Derby have provided us with a professional and excellent service. They were in contact with us to ensure the correct certificates were in place and to ensure the terms of the let were adhered to by all parties. The staff are polite, knowledgeable and always followed swiftly any questions that we had. We would recommend Northwood to anyone wishing to receive a fully professional service.

A review by Jules on 19/09/2015

Karen Wesson, Alice Lane
£500
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Great found us a tenant within 3 weeks tenants were very good and are now 18 months with us and are signing for another 6 months the staff were very helpfully at all times . We were with another agent who did not get one person to look at the flat in 4 months changed to Northwood tenant within 3 weeks

A review by Jemma on 02/09/2015

£450
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have been letting our city centre flat through Northwood for several years and have experienced nothing but exceptional service. The team are always friendly and helpful, and efficiently resolve any issues before they become problems. The flat has not been empty at any point and the tenants that Northwood have found have taken good care of the property and paid rent promptly. The level of rent that Northwood have achieved for us is highly competitive and the service is second to none.

A review by David Priestley on 01/09/2015

Carol Collier, Wendy Richards
£1750
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent customer care and a quality service provided - we have recommended Northwoods in Derby to friends and colleagues seeking to rent out property

A review by Edwards on 30/08/2015

£575
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Northwood for over 9years as a landlord. I have always found them to be very professional, considerate and helpful. As a teacher working full-time, the service provided by Northwood has enabled me to rent out my house without worrying about any problems which may arise. All the staff at Northwood have sorted out any issues with the tenant promptly and efficiently. Thank you Northwood!

A review by Julie Wilton on 30/08/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I ommitted my 5* rating on my previous review so please amend it to excellent as it was done by mistake. As I said....thr service I received from Northwood Derby was second to none.

A review by PBM on 29/08/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We used Northwood in Derby just over 18 months ago to rent out 2 properties we have. We had excellent service from both Karen & Wendy who were very thorough and made the process for letting the properties straight forward and simple. They were both very courteous and helpful and put us first as Landlords. Their rates were very reasonable (we had find tenants only) and their expertise excellent. We now have one property coming on the market again for let and had no hesitation in going back to Northwood. We have been renting out property for over 12 years and have used various letting agents in Derby but by far have had the best service from Northwood. We have no hesitation in recommending them to landlords for letting their properties.

A review by Julie Wilton on 27/08/2015

De1
£600
Would you use the agent again? Yes

The overall service is second to none at Northwood Derby. I found Karen Wesson extremely professional and helpful and therefore would have no hesitation in recommending them.

A review by Andrew on 26/08/2015

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Test review. This is a test. remember to ask allAgents to remove this test.

A review by A Clarke on 20/08/2015

Surveys
£680
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would highly recommend the services of Northwood Derby as I consider the staff and company to be highly profficient, polite and professional. I have had dealings with many agents throughout the county and consider the work methods and professional manner in which their properties are maintained and regularly inspected to be second to non. All telephone queries and requests are dealt with quickly and any maintenance issues are prompty addressed. Anybody that requires letting management should instruct this branch

A review by Nicole lamb on 18/08/2015

Le67
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We contacted Wendy at Northwood as we were looking to put our house on the market to sell. We had found our dream home and needed to move quickly. Wendy came out to see us the following day and our property went onto the market within 24 hours. We were really pleased with the marketing, and the photographs that were taken really showed our property off at its best. We received immediate interest in our property and very quickly had a number of viewings arranged. These were shortly followed by two offers, one of which was at the asking price!!!. We were delighted with this news. Unfortunately, upon putting forward an offer on our dream house, we discovered that it had been sold subject to contract and as such we were forced to put matters on hold. As and when we are ready to move again, we will definitely be using Northwood. Thankyou very much for all of your help.

A review by McDonald on 16/08/2015

De73
£925
Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agent gave good advice on monthly rental level . Dealt with any concerns and queries from the tenant and myself efficiently. Re-marketed the property at a rate which is hopefully leading to a new tenant with no property downtime and minimal reinvestment .

A review by Bernard on 13/08/2015

DE73
£320000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We chose Northwood to sell our property and were impressed with the service throughout the whole process. The communication was excellent as we were kept updated following viewings and right through to completion. We would not hesitate in recommending Northwood or using them again in the future.

A review by Joanne & Peter Madeley on 13/08/2015

, Wendy Richards
£695
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have emigrated to France and chose Northwood because of their professionalism, they were very easy to talk to and put our minds at rest, they understood the type of tenants that we wanted and found us a tenant very quickly and their service is second to none. Since we have moved to France we have felt relaxed knowing that the property is in their hands.

A review by Amanda on 12/08/2015

, Carol Collier
de1
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had a great experience with Northwood right from the start. I had a number of viewings before I decided on the right property. Tom was punctual, very professional and knowledgeable. He helped me find the right property and answered every single question I had straight away. Thank you Northwood Derby!!!

A review by happy customer on 11/08/2015

de76
£142500
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We can't recommend Northwood enough, they have been fantastic agents! They are a great team, they are pro-active, polite, quickly responsive to requests and have great communication. We used them as rental agents and subsequently to sell the house and they were fantastic in both roles. We would use this agents again without hesitation.

A review by Claire H on 09/08/2015

Sales (Prospective customer)
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fab service from Northwood when I enquirered about viewing a Sales property. They were the first agent to call me as I sent quite a few requests out. Becky also took my details and will call me if anything else comes onto the market which I appreciate

A review by Jason on 09/08/2015

Alice Lane
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Alice was very efficient when doing my references, she managed to move me into my property within 3 days which prevented me from having to stay in a hotel. Thank you Northwood!!!!!

A review by Sue on 05/08/2015

de23
£232000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

The staff at Northwood always responded promptly to questions and issues and were most efficient in dealing with our sale- despite solicitor issues on behalf of the buyer and us being abroad on completion day. They even managed to trace a member of my family to get an alternative phone number for me as my phone was out of action! Good service, lovely staff, job done well!!!

A review by JP on 18/09/2014

de21
£185000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I dealt with Wendy selling 2 properties and would have no issue using her and Northwood again in the future. They were very professional throughout and always at the end of the phone or email with any questions or updates throughout the whole process.

A review by JP on 15/09/2014

De1
£520
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic agent, would 100% use them again! I would definitely recommend Northwood Derby without doubt. They were always there when I had any queries and nothing was too much trouble. Everybody was so friendly and always gave me a massive warm welcome whether I called up or visited the shop personally. Prices are very reasonable and when visiting for inspections they were very respectful of personal belongings. Calls were always responded to and queries answered very quickly.

A review by Kelly2302 on 13/09/2014

, Carol Collier
LE67
£105000
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood were very professional and efficient in making communication. Calls were always responded to and queries answered. Prospective buyers of our property also commented on what a good agent we had in comparison to others that didn't even call them back. I highly recommend Northwood Derby and wouldn't hesitate to selling or letting a property through them again.

A review by Shirley on 03/09/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have looked after our letting for over 3 years. service has been excellent and well worthy of 5 Gold Stars

A review by Gurbinder on 02/09/2014

de1
£400
Would you use the agent again? Yes

We are very pleased with the service that Northwood Derby supply. Since giving our properties to them on a fully managed basis we have been stress free. The team there are excellent and go out of their way to solve any issues with the property that we may have. we have developed a very good relationship and therefore it makes the communication between us very good. They have never failed to get a property let for us and always find us the right tenant.

A review by Phil on 31/08/2014

DE24
£425
Would you use the agent again? Yes

This property is our first tenanted property. We were recommended Northwood by a family freind who is an existing tenant in a property managed/let through Northwood, and they were very impressed by their professional approach. We also looked at other Letting Agents before deciding to proceed through Northwood. They have been extremely helpful in guiding/advising us throughout the process, always keeping us informed of progress. We are very impressed with the service we have received and are confident we made the right choice of company to let our property.

A review by Louise M on 10/07/2014

DE3
£1
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Northwood have been exceptionally professional and helpful in letting out our property. It was important to us to leave our home in good hands as we now live overseas. Northwood have been extremely quick in finding the right tenants and manage our home for us very well. We receive regular feedback and monthly updates. Their handyman is also very good and competitively priced which makes life easier for us too. In all, Northwood have been an excellent choice and I highly recommend them.

A review by Rebecca on 01/07/2014

De65
£650
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Outstanding service!! Staff were always on hand to help with any issues and prompt to arrange repairs or services. Having used a few letting agents, the service from northwood has been outstanding and the staff have been extremely helpful. Thank for all you assistance over the last 2 years

A review by kehinde on 30/05/2014

Wendy Richards, Karen Green
DE`1
Would you use the agent again? Yes

I Have found both Wendy and Karen very helpful, informative and on the ball regarding both the letting of my property and enquiries i made when i wanted to sell my property . they also helped provide me with a prompt valuation of my property.

A review by Debbie on 29/05/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the moment I contacted Northwood I have been constantly impressed by their professional and friendly service. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them. My property has been on their books for over a year and in all that time the property has never been empty, my payments are always prompt and with using their full management service I have never been bothered unnecessarily. Both Karen and Wendy (and to be honest all of the team at Northwood Derby ) have been outstanding. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

A review by Des P on 28/05/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been dealing with Northwood for many years. As a owner of numerous buy to lets and experiencing an assortment of managing agents i find that my rents from Northwood are always paid on time followed by a regular monthly statements. The managers Karen & Wendy have taken personal interest when marketing the properties and most importantly selecting the best tenant at optimal rent.Tenancy issues are dealt promptly and effectively hence reducing the tenant turnover and associated costs.

A review by Mo on 28/05/2014

De56
Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very pleased with the service , excellent standards , would definitely recommend them, in fact I hAve already done that,my friend is using them to manage her property while she is working in Australia . Rate this agency very highly

A review by Money grabbers on 07/05/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

Me and my husband have rented 7 properties between us and this is by far the worst letting agents we have ever dealt with when moving out of a property. Firstly when they were showing others around the house after we had handed in our notice one agent took me to one side and asked exactly what we were doing to 'tidy up' when we did leave, bearing in mind we had boxes everywhere as we were in the process of moving out and then told us the oven cleaner he had seen in the house would not be good enough to clean the oven with! (It was). Then when they did their final inspection which lasts over an hour, they told my husband he couldn't be present until 15 mins before the end of it!? When he arrived they said because one window sill had been missed in the dusting and one top shelf in a kitchen cupboard we would have to pay for the whole house to be cleaned! My husband asked if he could quickly do this but as the 15 min slot was up they said they would have to book another check which would cost more than the full house clean! So we reluctantly agreed. They then phoned a couple of days later to say the back of one of the curtains was marked as a result of us storing them. They hadn't been stored they were in the same place for the whole tenancy! As a result we would need to pay to have them dry cleaned! We said this should have been pointed out at the final check to my husband as we hadn't seen this mark and it didn't appear in any of the photos northwood gave us of the items in the property when we moved in! We also said we would not pay until there was proof there had been no mark before and that there was actually a mark! We heard nothing until the cleaner they employed rang us to say what the bill would be including cleaning the curtains! We immediately rang northwood to explain we hadn't given permission for this to be taken from our deposit so it wasn't to be done. Then northwood gave us a series of threats to say our bill would dramatically go up if we continued to peruse the issue and eventually bullied us in to paying. After being very good tenants for over 2 years I didn't expect this nasty treatment from them and will never be using them again.