allAgents awards – the best performers announced

It’s that time of year when industry awards get handed out and already I’m beginning to smile!

Estate agency review site allAgents has just announced its best performers and, because I’m a bad loser when it comes to quality assessments, I’m pleased to see that my Town and Country Southern Estate agency is ranked first for both sales and lettings in Portsmouth.

When it comes to sales, Fine and Country Southern Hampshire, the other agency I operate from my office in Havant Road, Drayton, is ranked third. The slight gap is not surprising as much of its business is away from Portsmouth itself, but it was ranked the best Fine and Country branch in the UK so I’m still very happy.

The satisfaction rating for Town and Country sales is 4.92 out of a five point maximum and we are ranked 59[SUP]th[/SUP] out of 11,781 firms in the UK.

But most important is that all the comments made about my agencies on allAgents are positive, rating my staff highly for their professionalism. Sales and lettings agency is a people business and relationships with clients are paramount.

As you might expect, our legal responsibility is to the seller or the landlord, with whom we are contracted to conduct business, but there also has to be a healthy relationship with the buyer or tenant because without this life can get difficult to the point where they walk away and buy through another agent.

There’s a delicate balance in the agency business if you want to keep everyone happy. And my team is so good at this that I’m now very happy, too. Or rather I should say that I’m still very happy because my staff are no strangers to getting top place on allAgent.

It’s a question of keeping up standards, and the only way to do this is never to let them slip. I can’t be in the office all the time overseeing what’s going on but I have confidence in the team and the latest results show this is rightly placed.

So while we can’t go onwards and upwards because we are currently up to a point where we can go no higher we will go onwards with a promise that standards will not diminish.

And without being too parochial, Fine and Country was named Best Real Estate Agency Marketing UK, presented at the World’s Best UK awards ceremony in association with Gaggenau and sponsored by Virgin Atlantic

You may think it irrelevant, but marketing is the essential skill that lets estates agents introduce your property to buyers. And, if you’re going to do it you may as well be best at it!

Colin Shairp