Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 266 ratings. This website contains 263 user reviews of Your Move.

Offices / Branches

• 109 recommend
  • 157 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Your Move has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

Page last updated on: 22-Oct-2014 19:19:51

1. A 5-star review by 'Roger Seadon' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    Estate House, 25 Warwick Row (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    michelle gorden
    cv2
    £183

michelle gorden

In the long process of selling my house after many weeks with different agents I went to your move Coventry There agent Helen came out who was the first member of the team for me to meet From this point forward it was evident the team was serious being very Pro active with there approach As keen to sell my house as I was to move It has to be said that during the visits by many prospective clients several of the team members spent more time in my house than they did there own The star of the team with out question has to be Michelle Gorden It was her skills that helped capture my now current buyer. A very formidable team player although she did not try to move in as her team mates did. A very big thank you to the team

Comments on the Agents fees

“POSSIBLY THE LOWEST POSSIBLE”

2. A 5-star review by 'Trudi Dorman' 10/10/2014

£255000

Jim Edwards

The service we received from Jim was very efficient. He even chased things that perhaps wasn't up to him to do, so that things moved more swiftly and smoothly. I had a phone call most weeks to advise me how things were going and at what stage we were at. I would certainly recommend them to friends and colleagues.

3. A 5-star review by 'Mrs.L.F.Lever' 10/10/2014

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards

Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

Agents executed a most thorough transaction for us in selling & also buying, kept us fully informed at all stages, offered advice, all staff members were courteous and extremely efficient. We would certainly make use of their efficiency at any further stage.

“PRETTY REASONABLE.”

4. A 1-star review by 'Derrick' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE19
    £235000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Your move made me a counter offer. I accepted. They agreed to take the property off the market. They induced me into acting fast and withheld vital inforation about the property. After i had spent fees, i found out that the property was still being marketed and that it had been put onto auction before my completion date agreed. They only sent my memorandum of sale after i had paid fees and instructed solicitors. I ended up being gazumped but it was ok for them to gamble a commission using my non refundable fees. I kept calling the branch and got no replies. I emailed and got no replies. I... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“they could have saved the deal or taken me seriously. they could have returned my calls and accepted that they gambled with my money. their staff could have been nicer to talk to and not so patronising and dissmissive. they could have acted faster and offered to repay my fees because they knew that they lost me the property.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Barbara Gledhill' 29/9/2014

Philip Hiatt
    RH19
    £327500

Philip Hiatt

We were impressed by Philip's straightforward and professional manner. He and Sue always responded promptly to our telephone calls and emails about the progress of the sale of our property.
    Their integrity may be trusted completely, a rare statement to make about most professionals involved with the buying and selling of property.

6. A 1-star review by 'Smash' 26/9/2014

Branch:
    99 The Parade, High Street (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely useless letting agency. They charge the tenants a lot but do not care about the Tenants at all. They don't stick to agreed check-in/payment dates. Have no courtesy to arrange for fixing any problem in the property. Having a bad time dealing with these guys. They give false information before signing up for the property just finish the deal. Please avoid at any cost.

7. A 5-star review by 'Nigel Smith' 26/9/2014

£192500

Piers Edwards

Originally purchased property through Piers some 7 years ago. On deciding to sell the property the firsr choice was Piers at Sidmouth , that should say it all .

Excellant service, prompt, polite, knowledgeble & efficient .

I would also go as far as to say it was quite an enjoyable experience .

Good team also at the office.

Job Well Done

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERALL VERY HAPPY BUT WOULD SAY COMMISSION PAID BY SOLICITOR TO AGENT WAS CONSIDERABLE , A LARGE % OF THE OVERALL BILL FROM THE SOLICITOR WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THAT TO BE REDUCED FROM THE 1.5% OVERALL SALE FEE.”

8. A 1-star review by 'wombat' 23/9/2014

Branch:
    21 Marmion Road (Southsea) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    po1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I got left with a treat a thousand pounds worth of bills and council tax, although I was paying for a fully managed service.
    Steer clear of them!

9. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Baber' 23/9/2014

Philip Hyatt, Sue
    RH19
    £295000

Philip HyattSue

We found Philip and his assistant Sue to be very professional, helpful and friendly at every stage of the purchase of the property we chose. As an example they liaised closely with the vendors solicitors on several points that needed attention. The branch was a clear leader above other agents in the area that we had contacted.

10. A 5-star review by 'Neill' 21/9/2014

, Sidmouth Sidmouth
    £163000

Sidmouth Sidmouth

Good company to use, kept informed of any feedback or developments, polite and friendly Piers and Jim
    certainly know their job and I would be happy to use them again.

1. A 5-star review by 'Daniel John Perryman' 20/9/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Both me and my partner have been renting properties for a few years and we feel this company have been the friendliest and most co operative by far and would recommend your move to friends and family.

2. A 1-star review by 'Anonymous' 17/9/2014

Branch:
    28 London Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    , Southampton Southampton
    SO1

Southampton Southampton

When I saw the house everything was perfect and easy, we agreed on all the terms and everything was settled. I paid the fees (£300!) but I was sure I was making the right choice. But then the problems started. I had sent about 4 emails and called them twice asking about it since it was taking a long time. Finally they told me everything was fine and nothing to worry about. Later they called me again saying that my referencing for some reason didn't pass and they didn't accept a guarantor from outside UK (as a young foreigner is not like I have lots of family and house-owner friends around... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Just don\'t say one thing to get the tenancy agreed and then they change it when it\'s too late to back out...”

3. A 5-star review by 'Owner/Landlord' 17/9/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

In all our dealings with Your Move Sidmouth Lettings we have found all members of the team to be professional, courteous and extremely pleasant. The advice given to us by our two main contacts has been invaluable in guiding us to make the correct legal decisions.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES IN LINE WITH INDUSTRY PROACTICE AND REASONABLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT, WORK AND GUIDANCE GIVEN TO LANDLORDS.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Mia Clay' 15/9/2014

Sally Bennetts
    £245000

Sally Bennetts

Your Move, and particularly Sally, were fantastic from start to finish in the purchase of our first home together. When registering with Your Move we were kept up to date with any properties that might meet our preferred specification and needs, until the perfect house came up which we were immediately alerted too. This lead us to put in an offer and secure our dream home, all with the help and advice from the team who made the process completely smooth and stress free. Thanks team

“REASONABLE”

5. A 4-star review by 'hayley h' 14/9/2014

£163500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

brought our 2 bedroom house through your move office in Sidmouth. All members of staff were extremely helpful in this process and accommodating us to be able to go into the property at convenient times to measure up and view the property. Piers and colleagues were also extremely helpful in dealing with questions and queries that we had and putting them forward to the seller.

6. A 5-star review by 'lucy' 14/9/2014

ex10
    £165000

Jim Edwards

Jim helped us sell two properties which he went above and beyond his role as an estate agents.we really cannot thank him enough and he should be recognised for all of his hard work.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY FOR THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Gregory' 12/9/2014

£239000

Piers Edwards

The staff at Your Move Sidmouth were wonderful. Firstly I bought the house from Piers Edwards several years ago, the sale was made easy with wonderful customer service, Secondly yourmove assisted me rented out our property until we were ready to sell, they found a great tenant. Thirdly when we were ready to sell we again used Piers Edwards at Yourmove. A buyer was found very quickly. The house was settled within 3 months with no worries or hassles.
    Piers Edwards and staff always kept me up to date regularly with the sale of the house. I would certainly use Piers and Yourmove at Sidmouth again wether to buy rent or sell.

“STANDARD FEES APPLIED.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Amanda' 11/9/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought and sold through Your Move in Sidmouth twice now. I wouldn't use anyone else as my experience is that they are thoroughly professional, very good at their job and frankly a delight to deal with. My current move was quite stressful and they were v supportive whilst I was having a mini meltdown at times, keeping me informed with a calm reassuring presence throughout.

That aside, at the end of the day I wanted my house sold at the best possible price and they achieved that for me - result !

9. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Morris' 11/9/2014

£232750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Using Your Move in Sidmouth for my recent property purchase was a very pleasant experience. All the staff I had personal dealings with were friendly, helpful, efficient and particularly good at keeping in contact and advising me of progress throughout the often stressful process of buying and moving in.

10. A 5-star review by 'TimR' 10/9/2014

£495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been dealing with the Your Move Sidmouth office for over two years now. I have always found them very knowledgeable and very easy to communicate with.

1. A 5-star review by 'Liz Mack' 10/9/2014

£650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent has provided an excellent service finding tenants and ensuring my property has been well maintained. Also on hand if needed and keep me updated at all times

2. 2
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Dave' 31/8/2014

Branch:
    28 London Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    So16
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I made an appointment to view a property, your move cancelled it the same day and then re-scheduled the next day at 12 midday..they never turned up so I phoned them and someone said that they would get someone to ring me about coming out..30 minutes later and still no phone call..I please avoid this letting agent..waste of my time..

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Actually turn up to show me around..waste of space and time”

3. 2
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'keefmo' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely the very worst experience we have ever encountered. In the door and out again like they have walked into the plague. promised constant communications, never recieved one in 4 months. Complained to the branch manager half way through term and he said he would fix it but didnt. Dont advertise enough, staff in branch have no clue about your property or who you are when you visit. To top it all when you give notice they are so rude its beyong belief.

4. 1

A 1-star review by 'Naomi Smith' 15/8/2014

Branch:
    3 St Margarets Street (canterbury) (canterbury) (Kent)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    CT5
    £250000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Canterbury office of Your Move are completely useless do not use them. My purchase with them fell through days before exchange. Your move did not bother to tell me, I found out from the vendor instead. When contacted and asked when they thought they might tell me the LIED.

Throughout the process they have been lazy, poor communication and just inefficient. Their sales progresser did not come back to me at all despite leaving messages. be earned do not use them.

5. A 5-star review by 'Rex Palmer' 3/8/2014

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards
    EX14
    £465000

Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

Piers took a careful note of my special circumstances and organised the sale accordingly. He kept me fully informed of prospective buyers` situation and their reactions to seeing the property. After a time we agreed a change in the marketing strategy and this produced a result in the form of a strong buyer. Piers and Jim were easy to work with and I was able to trust them implicitly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GIVEN THAT THEY WERE THE AGENTS INVOLVED IN SELLING THE PROPERTY TO ME SOME 2 1/2 YEARS PREVIOUSLY, SOME REDUCTION IN THE STANDARD FEE MIGHT HAVE BEEN WARRANTED.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Tina Rose' 3/8/2014

£493000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We sold and purchased a property from Your Move Edwards in Sidmouth. Our experience in a very testing time with house moving was made so much easier with the help and understanding from all the staff at Your Move Edwards. A special mention must go to Jim and Piers who never lost the faith in what was a very difficult and unusual property to sell. Our house was a beautiful home, not the average type of property. They found the perfect buyer, someone who could appreciate it.
    The icing on the cake must be for us is our dream home that we bought from them. We first saw it four years ago with Your Move Edwards, never believed we would end up by living here. We are so happy. Thank you, Your Move Edwards, we do not intend to move again for many years but if we had to we would without doubt always go back to them.

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'Sharma' 31/7/2014

Branch:
    30 Westgate (Huddersfield) (Huddersfield) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Lee
    HD2

Chris Lee

Had I known what sort service I going to get from this estate agency I would have used the other one where this property in question was advertised with.
    They don't return you phone calls.
    They do not pass on messages or information to each other.
    NO updates even though you ask for them yourself.
    They talk to you once they know that you have found a property you like as if the are doing you a favour.
    Overall a badly run Estate Agents.

If you have the opportunity to not use them and use an alternative I would do so.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'TG' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    2-3 Regent Parade Brighton Road (Sutton) (Greater London)
    Lucy
    SM1

Lucy

Our house sale was an absolute nightmare. We had problem after problem and it turned out our lease was non existent but thank goodness for Lucy!!! She was absolutely amazing. She sold our house for the full asking (after brilliant negotiating). She even managed to track down our lease after going the extra mile and ringing all solicitors in Sutton to find out who acted for our managing agents. Without her we would never have been able to move into our lovely new home. Thank you Lucy! You have restored our faith in Estate Agents.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  9. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  28/08/2014

We're so pleased that you found our service so helpful. Although ultimately it is down to the solicitors to expedite matters in the legal process we always try to do everything we can to make the process smoother. We hope you're enjoying your new home!
  10. 1

A 1-star review by 'Disappointed' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    20-22 Brackley Street (Farnworth) (Bolton) (Lancashire)
    bl4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recently bought through Your Move and have found them to be a lazy company. After speaking with the vendor we bought from, she told me that the fee's we inflated and all they truly did was put up a sign and put you on the websites. I wouldn't recommend buying or selling with this agent. Your Move gave my personal information to a solicitors without my permission (even though I had already given my solicitors details to them) Never returned phone calls and they didn't send the paperwork to the solicitors until a month and a half after our sale was agreed. Pure Lazy.

11. 1

A 1-star review by 'XONTEC' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    63- 65 Fife Road (Kingston Upon Thames) (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    Nicki Martins
    KT1
    £417

Nicki Martins

I have always had a poor regard for estate agent, Your-move only reinforced this with their totally unprofessional attitude. They treat tenants poorly and expect we do all the work for them. To cap it, their fees are unexpected unfair and unacceptable! I'll never use them or any other after this experience. They charge exorbitant admin fees on initial signup and "admin fees" deducted from deposits.

Page: