FREE Valuation

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.8 out of 5.0 based on 328 ratings. This website contains 325 user reviews of Your Move.

• Your Move has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 157 recommend
  • 171 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Page last updated on: 30-May-2015 15:21:19

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 11)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 West Street ( ) (East Grinstead) (West Sussex)
    Philip Hiatt, Sue
    RH19
    £265000
    Philip HiattSue

Philip Hiatt helped me for the selling of my house and also with the purchase of my new property. Everything went well from start to finish.
    Philip and Sue were always on the end of the phone and were helpful at all times. I could not of asked more. Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards
    £36000
    no photoPiers Edwards
    Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

I have used Your Move Sidmouth on 4 occasions over the past few years both for buying and selling property in Sidmouth. They have always been very friendly ,professional and always willing to go the extra mile to get things done.
    Unlike other agents I have used they care about you and getting the best result possible, you are always kept up to date with what is going on and even get a call if they dont have any up dates to report but to let you know they havent forgotten about you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

£241000
    Piers Edwards

We have used Your move SIdmouth on three occassions for sales and once for purchase. Piers Edwards has always provided a realistic valuation and is always easy to deal with and get hold of. This latest sale is no exception and the sale was completed very quickly. The your move team have proved to be very professional, especially when negotiating a low offer up to one which we felt we could accept.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH SATISFIED WITH THE FEES, LIKE MOST PEOPLE WE FIND THE COST OF ESTATE AGENTS TO BE RELATIVELY HIGH HOWEVER THE COST IS PROBABLY RECOVERED BY THE NEGOTIATING DONE BY THE ESTATE AGENT ON OUT BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sarah Edwards
    £365000
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

Mr Jim Edwards was courteous, professional and attentive. All members of his staff were easy to talk to and kept us in the picture at all times during the sale of our property.
    We would thoroughly recommend Your Move Edwards.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY ONE WOULD LIKE TO PAY LESS, BUT THE ESTATE AGENTS PROFESSION IS COMPETITIVE, AND FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE REFLECTED IN THE WORK THE AGENT DID ON OUR BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    39 Courtenay Street (Newton Abbot) (Devon)
    TQ12
    £675

Hi
    As a tenant newly moved in I was unaware (my fault) that YOUR MOVE estate agency would not allow me to choose my own energy supplier and by default I have to go with their choice which is Spark Energy. I have tried to stop the transfer and to make Flow Energy my first choice but I am told that although the gas transfer won't take place for another 3 days, the transfer is in process and I cannot change so I have to go with Spark. Spark tell me that it will take around 3 weeks for the transfer from the date of the change. I am annoyed with Your Move who did not highlight to me (I did not... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS CHARGED A HOLDING FEE OF £300 WHICH WAS NOT REFUNDABLE. THEY ALSO CHARGED ME £90 FOR PERMISSION FOR MY SON TO MOVE IN AS A "PERMITTED OCCUPIER". I FEEL THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE AND SHOULD BE REFUNDED TO ME.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“The agent should not charge for 'Permitted Occupier' fee in addition to the holding fee. The agent should not nominate or pass my details on to any energy supplier but should leave that to me to decide which supplier to use. They should take that out of the agreement form.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

£517
    Jim Edwards

This is a family business and from the valuation of our property through to the completion of the sale we have been delighted with the individual service, invaluable advice and genuine motivation to minimise the inevitable stresses that come with selling your property. Our buyers too, were impressed as Jim guided us both through the process, and supplied us with progress reports regularly. Couple this with what must be the most competitive rates in the High Street and we cannot recommend this agent highly enough. We have had some poor experiences over the years with other Sidmouth estate agents and Your Move has restored our confidence that there are professionals in this field who do aim to provide a decent and competent service and who care about their clients.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE MOST COMPETITIVE AVAILABLE IN SIDMOUTH IN MY EXPERIENCE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 King Street (Bathgate) (Bathgate) (West Lothian)
    G74
    £580
    Would you use the agent again? No

AVOID AVOID AVOID at all costs because it will indeed cost you a lot if you rent through this company .

Went to view the property when tenants were still in so we did not look in any cupboards or anything which we were to later discover were riddled with dampness .

Day before move in day well this was when your move decided to tell us the current tenants had not left and needed a two week extension just as out moving van was booked and current house was to be rented out .

Day of moving in day we moved in at 5.30pm (that's when we got the keys) to not a single light bulb , no gas or... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally
    £517500
    Jim EdwardsSally

We wished we could have used YouMove for our sale in Winchester.
    Jim kept us informed of all the progress right down the chain. We got used to information coming from him and not our estate agent,
    Just first class and such a nice team to deal with especially as we were moving from Hampshire to Devon, they were so helpful with lots of information.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    no photoSally  Bennetts
    Jim EdwardsSally Bennetts

Selling our house was a pleasurable experience, thanks to Jim Edwards and the team at Your Move. From the initial valuation, they provided a professional and supportive service. Telephone communication was excellent; they gave us plenty of time to prepare for viewings and kept us informed of progress once we had a buyer. Jim is a very experienced estate agent and negotiator. We have lived in Sidmouth for 20 years and moved several times. In our opinion, Your Move is the best estate agent in Sidmouth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Ordona, George Fenton
    SM1
    £346000
    Andrew OrdonaGeorge Fenton

Having just used Your Move to sell a house in Sutton, I would have to give them full marks for service.
    Most of my dealings at the start were with Andrew, who is very proffesional, very much a people person . Makes you feel that selling your property is very important to him. Nothing was too much trouble for him. George who dealt with final sale was also very professional and very pleasant to deal with. Must also mention Phil (manager) so good at his job , made it an easy decision to go with
    Your Move. All in all a great team.

11. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  14/04/2015

Many thanks for your kind comments Maureen. I'm pleased we managed the sale through with " Full Marks" for you. It was a pleasure dealing with you.
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Derek Liu, Andrew Sutton
    SM1
    Derek LiuAndrew Sutton

Derek handled the initial sale very professionally, followed my instructions closely and negotiated the sale very efficiently. Being a landlord living overseas, was important we had a good agent. Your Move Lettings had been managing my property for 4 years very efficiently and was impressed with Your Move when I brought the property many years ago. Andrew managed the transition from initial sale to completion, and was instrumental in keeping all parties informed, chasing up on issues, and went the extra mile to ensure the conclusion of the sale was a smooth as possible, overcoming a few obstacles along the way. Overall very satisfied and impressed with Your Move, and will continue to recommend them going forward.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Bennetts, Jim Edwards
    £385000
    Sally  Bennettsno photo
    Sally BennettsJim Edwards

Brilliant at arranging viewings and answering queries particularly as we did not move inter county. Nothing was too much trouble and all members of the team communicated well with us. Very satisfied with the service we received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Bennetts
    £162500
    Sally  Bennetts
    Sally Bennetts

My first encounter with Sally Bennetts was very frank and professional. She explained immediately the property market in Sidmouth and once I informed her what was my budget, she confirmed what I could buy. She contacted me and e-mailed me throughout the purchase process and made it indeed very smooth for me and all other parties involved. Sally responded very efficiently to all my enquiries and was very helpful and supportive.
    The congratulations card from 'Your Move' at the end of the purchase was very thoughtful and was signed by all staff and also the bottle of wine!
    Move with 'Your Move' as it is simply the BEST!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 West Street ( ) (East Grinstead) (West Sussex)
    RH19
    £434000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A very professional, helpful, caring and efficient team. Excellent communication and a safe pair of hands in a crisis, with a welcome sense of humour when the pressure was on and we were feeling the strain.
    Would highly recommend Your Move East Grinstead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    64 Main Street (Kimberley) (Nottinghamshire)
    Daniel Wagstaff
    NG16
    £220000
    Daniel Wagstaff

I very rarely write reviews unless I can confidently give my opinion and I can confidently say that I would recommend Your Move Kimberley.
    We had 3 agents come to give us quotes and to be honest we were tempted to go with another agent as Your Move undercut them by �1000. We thought that this would mean an inferior service. How wrong we were. Daniel is professional and clearly knows his business. Nothing is too much trouble, enquiries are answered with speed, he is diplomatic and supportive. He has the patience of a saint and more to the point, earns his fee. Our move was quite... (read more)

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Ordona
    sm1
    Andrew Ordona

We have been recommended this agency by a friend and although a bit sceptical at first (one could not possibly trust just about anyone on the market) working with them has been indeed pleasure. They were straightforward and outspoken, very quick to respond to our needs and assist us along the way. True professionals that we would greatly recommend ourselves!
    PS Special thanks to Mr Ordona!!

19. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  03/04/2015

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased that you were recommended to use us, and to hear you are happy to recommend us in the future.
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    118 High Street (Hampton Hill) (Greater London)
    Tw13
    £995
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rent a flats from your move office in Hampton hill and one day before my moving day the contact me to say the flats its no longer available and now I left with no place to live and I due to give birt to my first babe next week . Don't trust them they don't have any senses of human.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    31 Cadzow Street ( ) (Hamilton) (South Lanarkshire)
    ML3
    £525
    Would you use the agent again? No

Never have me and my partner been the sort of people to complain but this company based on my experience and by the looks of it many others is absolutely shocking. Moved into a property nearly 2 months ago now with my pregnant partner. Would be here all week if I was writing down the terrible experience we have went through. Basically took our moneyand have washed there hands with us. Moved into a property with cracked windows. A kitchen roof that was leaking with water back door handle that keeps coming off and key is stck in door which Is a security risk. Windows arent sealed right in there... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAID A 750 POUND DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE THATSFALLING APART.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Paid a 750 pound deposit for a house thatsfalling apart.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL4
    £625
    Would you use the agent again? No

Staff are lovely as pie until you've paid the fees and already moved into the house, then they don't want to know you or help you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Clive Campbell
    se20
    £215000
    Clive Campbell

I recently sold my property through Your Move.Everything ran smoothly and my many questions were always answered promptly. Many thanks to Clive and his team for making the whole process relatively stress free.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

£315000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found everything was handled in a professional manner and was kept up to speed at all times with all matters concerning the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEM WITH THE AGENTS FEES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

David Cole
    se25
    £850
    David Cole

David Cole was superb to deal with - was friendly, and genuine. He had great way of understanding what I was looking for and went out of his way to ensure that I could view the flat as soon as possible.

He answered emails and telephone calls promptly and just generally made me feel reassured. Moving for me was a new beginning for me personally and he understood that my somewhat pedantic requests were important to me.

Thank you so much David! :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE NEVER GREAT ( I\'M NOT USED TO PAYING THEM IN CANADA ) HOWEVER AFTER THE SERVICE I RECEIVED, IT IS WELL WORTH IT AND UNDERSTANDABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 London Street (Andover) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Becky , Clare
    RG28
    £499
    Becky Clare

Well What can I say about this company other than EXTREMELY TERRIBLE customer service. My other half had arranged to view a property through the Your Move Andover. Upon trying to arrange a earlier date and time was told the company DID NOT do weekend viewings but could arrange an earlier time on the original date. When phoning to confirm the viewing my other half was told very rudely and abruptly that the property had gone over the weekend through a viewing. Thought company did not do viewings???? After a lengthy debate regarding it I contacted the branch myself to speak to the Branch manager... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Better attitude Dont lie to future tenants Know the company policy Esspecially if you the manager”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Clive Campbell, Ian Roberts
    SE20
    Clive CampbellIan Roberts

We recently completed on the purchase of a property in South East London and had a positive experience with this branch. It was quite a complex set up on the vendors side but things were handled smoothly and the staff were always available at the end of the phone and assisted in moving the purchase forward. Clive in particular was proactive, kept us informed of progress and dealt with the situation very well. We feel that if Clive had not acted in the positive ways he did, perhaps the sale would have not been pushed through.

29. View All Comments (1)by n/a  16/02/2015

Thanks Daniel. I know you wanted to complete sooner so thank you for being patient. Hope you are happy in your lovely new home. Best Wishes Ian Roberts, Clive Campbell and the YOUR MOVE team at Crystal Palace.
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Buying agent
    ex10
    Jim Edwards

Jim was very helpfull and did alot more than he needed to do, which made the buying process very easy. I cannot recommend Your Move Sidmouth highly enough
    Mr Purtell

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Ex10
    £152500
    Jim Edwards

We bought this property through this company and were so pleased with the service they provided that we also asked them to market and sell the property for us four years later when it was time for us to move on. The team at Your Move in Sidmouth are unfailingly polite, professional and enthusiastic and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 The Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    hp2
    £160000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely reckless and disgusting so called service. They confirmed the property had been sold at the requested value and were waiting for paperwork to be exchanged. We contacted your move several times regarding the sale, each time the the required agent was never available, and told we would be contacted 'later that day' . They never returned our calls. After a period of weeks after trying to get them to return or calls they then informed that the sale had fallen through, even though they said it had been sold. A thoroughly reckless, unhelpful and disgusting service. Avoid at all costs. You would have less stress doing it yourself.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    £180000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Gave a fair quotation of the value of the property. On agreement of the terms, the property was put on the market promptly and viewings commenced immediately. We were kept up to date on all proceedings and the property was sold within 3 weeks.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

ex10
    £315000
    Piers Edwards

I chose this agency because I was impressed with Piers and the general way in which he conducted business. He was not pushy (a fault of many agents) and I felt that he was very approachable and always willing to help, as too were Jim and Sally at the Sidmouth Office. Whilst our own property was not difficult to sell I know that Piers had a tricky time keeping things going in the chain and I was impressed with the professionalism throughout. My high marks reflect this.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS SURPRISED HOW EXPENSIVE AGENTS FEES WERE GENERALLY, ESPECIALLY AS WE PUT OUR HOUSE IN A GOOD SELLING POSITION. I DID FEEL THAT A FIXED PRICE WAS APPLIED FOR THE SAME TYPE OF PROPERTY, IRRESPECTIVE OF IT\'S CONDITION.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

£425000
    Piers Edwards

Having seen a house we wanted to buy we decided to put our house on the market. The idea of dealing with estate agents and having prospective buyers traipse through our house was not something we were looking forward to. However Piers and the Your Move team were great and made the whole process as painless as possible, from taking photos right through to keeping the chain of five transactions informed and pacified. Piers knows his market and business well, but was never a pushy salesman. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Page: