...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

FREE Valuation

Your Move

Agent rating: 3.1 out of 5.0 based on 372 ratings. This website contains 369 user reviews of Your Move.

• Your Move has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 1899 out of 14391 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

3.05 out of 5.00

• 196 recommend
  • 176 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Page last updated on: 01-Sep-2015 10:52:33

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 13)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service, throughout all stages of sale process. Advice given throughout the sale was clear and trustworthy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

kirsty , Grace
    £105000
    kirsty Grace

Absolutly amazing service. I would recommend them to anyone buying and selling a property. I was in a chain and Kirsty was by far the most pro active agent and really got the sale pushed through. She was always there for any question I had and the prices quoted remained the same and were acurate. They took on both roles of selling my property and actively chasing higher up the chain. Wonderfull and friendly yet still exreamly professional. Thanks for making something so stressing that much easier.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Philip Hiatt, Sue
    RH10
    £165000
    Philip HiattSue

We asked Philip Hiatt along to give us a valuation and were very impressed with the professionalism and friendliness and of course with the valuation of our property. We only had about 3/4 viewers before accepting an offer and received follow up comments on every occasion. When contacting the office by telephone we dealt with both Sue and Philip and nothing was too much trouble for either of them. We do not intend to move home again as we are both in our 70s but would recommend their services whenever possible. Excellent !!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE VERY HAPPY WITH THE FEE CHARGED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

kirsty , Grace
    m34
    £87000
    kirsty Grace

very pleased with the service I got yet again from your move, being as this is the 4th time ive used them to buy and sell my properties. very impressed with kirsty who dealt with my sale throughout, kept me very well updated at every stage, and helped me very much with what could have been a long drawn out sale but ended up being a swift and problem free service, will no doubt use them again in the future, the whole team are a great bunch and helped me with all aspects of my sales or purchases.

5. 1
    person found this

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    309 Wellingborough Road (Abington) (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    NN2
    Would you use the agent again? No

On 3 different occasions, I contacted this agency to try to arrange viewings...and on 3 different occasions a gentleman said he would give me a call back.....4 weeks later... I'm still waiting to hear from him and guess what, some of the properties we were interested in are still on the market! So my piece of advice to prospective vendors is - stay away from this agency because I doubt they will have your best interest at heart.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Philip Hiatt
    RH19
    £180000
    Philip Hiatt

Can't thank Phillip enough for a very stress free purchase (which was only 6 weeks from offer accepted to completion). Phillip kept me updated with regular phone calls and made sure the process run smoothly every step of the way. Overall I found the service I received of the highest possible quality and will always recommend Phillip and the team at any opportunity. When I come to sell the property I will be giving Phillip a call straight away. Thanks Darren

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Philip Hiatt, Sue
    rh19
    £196000
    Philip HiattSue

We have used Your Move Philip Hiatt on numerous occassions. They have recently sold two properties for us and their service is second to none. In actual fact, we didn't even entertain the idea of any other agents in town

Despite the fact we had some difficulties along the way, both Philip and Sue couldn't be more helpful and understanding, with nothing being too much trouble

Very professional but very friendly too. Would certainly use again, and would definately recommend this team

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

SM5
    £290000
    Nick Ward

Nick is the consummate professional, who took a proactive interest in our case - not just in the sense of providing the mortgage, but on a personal level too, ensuring he was familiar with our circumstances and engaging with genuine interest. He has made (and continues to make) regular checks with us to see how we are getting on, offering friendly advice based on his years of experience in the trade. A thoroughly enjoyable and stress-free experience for us as 1st time buyers, I would gladly use Nick again, and would recommend him to anyone looking for a mortgage.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND FAIR, WITH CLEARLY DEFINED EXPLANATIONS AS TO WHY WE HAD TO PAY WHAT WE DID AND WHEN WE DID. NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Sm5
    Nick Ward

Nick was professional, attentitive (but not overly) and I have 100% trust in him. Excellent service. I have to write more than 20 words hence this bit.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards
    ex10
    £437000
    no photoPiers Edwards
    Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

We sold AND bought a house through Your Move Edwards. The sale was sometimes fraught due to delays with the buyers solicitor and their financing company, but we were kept informed at all stages by Mr Jim Edwards who communicated regularly with the various parties involved and provided helpful advice when necessary.
    With regard to the purchase of another property, which was also handled by Mr Edwards, this was a much more straightforward transaction and, as there was a gap of over three weeks between moving out of one property and into the other, Mr Edwards co-ordinated this for us whilst we were away on holiday to ensure that all relevant actions were taken as and when required.
    Whenever Mr Edwards was not available, we were always able to communicate with Mr Piers Edwards to maintain continuity.
    We therefore have no hesitation in recommending Your Move Edwards for excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

SM2
    Nick Ward

Nick spent lots of time with me finding the right mortgage. When that sale fell through because the buyers pulled out, he kept in touch with me proactively to help me find my next property. When application forms needed to be completed urgently he found space in his already busy day to fit in with when I was available. He kept in touch throughout the buying process with good, practical and wise advice and i have now exchanged on a flat. Thank you Nick

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

KT17
    Nick Ward

Nick Ward has excellent customer service skills and is extremely efficient. Nick goes out of his way to help and advise his clients. I recommended Nick to a couple of my friends who were extremely pleased with the service they received.
    My husband and I really could not recommend Nick enough!- We would be lost without him.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

SM1
    £275000
    Phil Gulvin

Alex was incredibly helpful from first to last. He pushed when we needed things done quickly and made them happen. We were lucky to have him as part of the buying process. This is the first property I have purchased and Alex made it as seamless as possible. I would happily and gladly recommend him (and his car) to any prospective buyers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

NE32
    Nick Ward

Nick was extremely helpful as always and in particular on this occasion when several problems arose. This was a relatively small remortgage but this was not reflected in Nick's level of service. I would (and do) recommend him to anyone contemplating taking out a mortgage.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Sm1
    Nick Ward

As a family, we have dealt with Nick Ward before and as usual his service was excellent. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough and professional whilst still being down to earth, he kept me up to speed on my remortgage process regularly, even though my particular case was complicated. I would most certainly recommend his services to any prospective customers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

SW19
    £1330000
    Nick Ward

Nick was extremely helpful, and guided us through the mortgage process. Everything happened as he said, with no difficulties. We would definitely recommend Nick to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

ex10
    £425000
    Jim Edwards

Your Move excelled where other Agents failed. I tried to sell using a more local agent, however, this just didn't happen. Your Move took on my property after a market break of 6 months and sold for close to the realistic asking price to almost the first viewer in the first few days! Perfectly professional with enormous customer care and contact - that goes for the whole team. I also bought through Your Move at the same time - equally as efficient with handling the other side of things. I cannot rate them highly enough and particularly liked their up to the minute old fashioned service :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Kirsty Furse, Grace
    £130000
    Kirsty FurseGrace

Grace, Kirsty and all the other staff at Your Move Denton were very pleasant and happy to help throughout my house purchase, which I imagine wasn't easy at all due to a difficult vendor and me questioning for updates several times a week. They were quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and always followed up almost immediately when I had a question for them.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending the agents to anybody looking to buy or sell a home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    28 London Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    So15
    Rent PCM
    £795
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am shocked to see some of the reviews on here - I have just had a fantastic experience with the team in Southampton. I have just let my new flat and they were nothing but helpful and friendly. the whole experience was seamless and I was always welcomed with a smile. My new apartment is great - maybe some people should read the documents given to them as the fees and responsibilities are quite clearly outlined. Thanks for the great service and I will definitely be recommending to family and friends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVE FEES AND THEY WERE UPFRONT ABOUT THEM TOO!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Bennetts, Jim Edwards
    £239000
    Sally  Bennettsno photo
    Sally BennettsJim Edwards

We found out that the property we were interested in was sold. However, when the sale fell through, Sally contacted us to let us know, and we have now purchased the property. Result! The whole process could not have gone more smoothly. We used Your Move Sidmouth's solicitors, Ashfords in Exeter, who were professional, approachable, informative, transparent and available at all times we contacted them. All questions to Your Move Sidmouth staff were dealt with promptly and efficiently by Jim. I would recommend both Your Move and Ashfords to anyone who values a prompt and professional service with a personal touch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

£620000
    Jim Edwards

Jim Edwards could not have been more patient or helpful during the whole purchase process from first viewing to completion. As newcomers to Sidmouth we are also glad that he is also happy to give us advice now we have moved in.

We would recommend Mr Edwards and his agency to anyone contemplating a property transaction in Sidmouth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Kirsty Furse, Grace
    £87500
    Kirsty FurseGrace

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Eldon Street (Barnsley) (Barnsley) (South Yorkshire)
    Stephen Roebuck, Rachel Innes
    S72
    Stephen RoebuckRachel Innes

Well, the option says 'I sold a property using them'. Better to say 'I gave up trying to sell a property using them'. It is true to state that estate agents as a rule do little and charge a lot - 'money for old rope', to coin a phrase. Where Yourmove are concerned, it is far better to say 'money for no rope'.

Once their salesperson has got you to sign up to their glossy package, they are frankly not interested in anything but your money. They published details of our property a week late, full of errors that, although quick to fix should never have been there in the first place (and wouldn't... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY THING YOURMOVE ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING IS THEIR FEE-INCURRING SERVICES. THEY CERTAINLY AREN'T BOTHERED ABOUT SELLING PROPERTY.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“The only thing Yourmove are interested in selling is their fee-incurring services. They certainly aren't bothered about selling property.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew
    SM2
    Andrew

I was very pleased with the service I received from the Sutton branch and particularly from Andrew, who handled the transaction. He communicated with me frequently and promptly and was always very efficient in resolving arising issues. He tried hard and contributed significantly to get this matter sorted out. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sutton branch to any of my friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Allallows (Bedford) (Bedford) (Bedfordshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    MK44
    Rent PCM
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rented a fully managed 3 bed detached property on a 1 year contract, as a professional moving to the area. The house was not professionally cleaned when I moved in and the kitchen was filthy. There were frequent plumbing failures... although these were promptly mended, these were due to the overall poor maintenance of the property. The boiler was not working properly (faulty valve meant it would shut off and not relight, meaning the house would be freezing in the morning with no hot water). Despite frequent requests, the boiler was not repaired for the duration of my tenancy because it... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sarah Edwards
    £250000
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

I am very pleased with the service i received from Your Move. I found the staff extremely helpful and they always kept me up to date about viewings. As I live in the Middle East I had to leave everything in their hands, and they didn't let me down. I would recommend them highly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

George Fenton
    SM1
    £810000
    George Fenton

Amazing service! I'm so pleased I used Your Move rather than the other local agents as they have achieved a higher price and the service and commitment from George has been superb.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVE FEE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards
    Ex10
    Piers Edwardsno photo
    Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

All staff dealt most professionally with our requirements from the start, in a positive and helpful way. Of the 4 agents we approached initially, the choice of Your Move Edwards was an easy one to make. We felt that their approach to setting the asking price was the most realistic, and our property sold in 6 days at a figure slightly above the asking price, which we felt was entirely the right value.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

£620000
    Piers Edwards

We were very pleased with the professional, helpful , positive and calm approach. Feedback from prospective buyers was prompt. Details put in writing was prompt. We would recomend Your Move Edwards in Sidmouth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards
    £305000
    Piers Edwardsno photo
    Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

This is the second house Your Move Edwards has sold for me and they just get better and better. From the valuation to the viewings through to exchange and completion they have been supportive, professional, considerate and informative throughout.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a decent people orientated estate agents who get the job done extremely well.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY CONSIDERING ALL THE VALUED WORK THEY DO”