FREE Valuation

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.9 out of 5.0 based on 351 ratings. This website contains 348 user reviews of Your Move.

• Your Move has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 1879 out of 14307 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.94 out of 5.00

• 176 recommend
  • 175 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Page last updated on: 30-Jul-2015 15:18:06

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 12)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    31 Manchester Road (Denton) (Tameside) (Greater Manchester)
    Kirsty , Grace
    M34
    £87500
    Kirsty Grace

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Eldon Street (Barnsley) (Barnsley) (South Yorkshire)
    Stephen Roebuck, Rachel Innes
    S72
    Stephen RoebuckRachel Innes

Well, the option says 'I sold a property using them'. Better to say 'I gave up trying to sell a property using them'. It is true to state that estate agents as a rule do little and charge a lot - 'money for old rope', to coin a phrase. Where Yourmove are concerned, it is far better to say 'money for no rope'.

Once their salesperson has got you to sign up to their glossy package, they are frankly not interested in anything but your money. They published details of our property a week late, full of errors that, although quick to fix should never have been there in the first place (and wouldn't... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY THING YOURMOVE ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING IS THEIR FEE-INCURRING SERVICES. THEY CERTAINLY AREN'T BOTHERED ABOUT SELLING PROPERTY.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“The only thing Yourmove are interested in selling is their fee-incurring services. They certainly aren't bothered about selling property.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew
    Andrew

I was very pleased with the service I received from the Sutton branch and particularly from Andrew, who handled the transaction. He communicated with me frequently and promptly and was always very efficient in resolving arising issues. He tried hard and contributed significantly to get this matter sorted out. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sutton branch to any of my friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Allallows (Bedford) (Bedford) (Bedfordshire)
    MK44
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rented a fully managed 3 bed detached property on a 1 year contract, as a professional moving to the area. The house was not professionally cleaned when I moved in and the kitchen was filthy. There were frequent plumbing failures... although these were promptly mended, these were due to the overall poor maintenance of the property. The boiler was not working properly (faulty valve meant it would shut off and not relight, meaning the house would be freezing in the morning with no hot water). Despite frequent requests, the boiler was not repaired for the duration of my tenancy because it... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

£250000
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

I am very pleased with the service i received from Your Move. I found the staff extremely helpful and they always kept me up to date about viewings. As I live in the Middle East I had to leave everything in their hands, and they didn't let me down. I would recommend them highly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

George Fenton
    SM1
    £810000
    George Fenton

Amazing service! I'm so pleased I used Your Move rather than the other local agents as they have achieved a higher price and the service and commitment from George has been superb.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVE FEE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Ex10
    Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

All staff dealt most professionally with our requirements from the start, in a positive and helpful way. Of the 4 agents we approached initially, the choice of Your Move Edwards was an easy one to make. We felt that their approach to setting the asking price was the most realistic, and our property sold in 6 days at a figure slightly above the asking price, which we felt was entirely the right value.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

£620000
    Piers Edwards

We were very pleased with the professional, helpful , positive and calm approach. Feedback from prospective buyers was prompt. Details put in writing was prompt. We would recomend Your Move Edwards in Sidmouth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£305000
    Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

This is the second house Your Move Edwards has sold for me and they just get better and better. From the valuation to the viewings through to exchange and completion they have been supportive, professional, considerate and informative throughout.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a decent people orientated estate agents who get the job done extremely well.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY CONSIDERING ALL THE VALUED WORK THEY DO”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

£405000
    Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

Both Piers and Jim were very pleasant, helpful and understanding at all stages of negotiations for the sale. They acted promptly to secure a new buyer when the original buyer pulled out and acted accurately on my instructions accepting my word that once I had agreed a deal I would not change my mind or back out if a better offer was put forward.
    Sarah also worked hard as liaison between solicitors, buyer and myself and indded all the staff w1ere very helpful when we went to Sidmouth or spoke on the telephone.
    All of this backs up our original reasons for choosing Your Move Edwards - they gave us the right feeling of sincerity and honesty at our initial meeting.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

£74950
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

This estate agency is very professional, the telephone was always answered after a couple of rings with a cheerful voice on the end. We were kept updated on viewings and any feedback. When a buyer was found Sarah kept us informed on the progress of the sale, at times having to chase up the Solicitors! We have used Your Move Edwards for letting and now selling, have found all the staff very helpful in every aspect and would highly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Sarah Woodhams, Sarah Edwards
    £675
    Sarah WoodhamsSarah Edwards

I viewed a property to rent in Feb 2013, in difficult circumstances, Sally Bennet showed me around and I liked the house, so she very kindly showed me the office and I spoke to Sarah Edwards who was very helpful and sympathetic in her dealings with me. As a result of her help I rented the property for over 2 years and in that time mainly dealt with Sarah Woodmans, again Sarah was professional and efficient and my queries and requests were always addressed efficiently and quickly. All my dealings with the office have been a pleasure and the staff so friendly, welcoming and helpful. They certainly helped me at a very difficult time in my life, I cannot praise them enough for their professionalism but also their good natured human side.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    31 Manchester Road (Denton) (Tameside) (Greater Manchester)
    Kirsty Furse
    m34
    Kirsty Furse

i thought your move was very helpful, any questions i needed asking they always found the answers in a very quick way came back with the information i required.

They updated me often step by step and made me feel at ease with my purchase .

would definitely recommend right move for either selling or buying your property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally
    ex10
    Jim EdwardsSally

Jim Edwards is professional, very helpful, tactful and an all round extremely nice man. He helped enormously through our sometimes traumatic journey, and when faced with a difficult situation, reacted with sympathy, tact and humour. Our final dealings with him on the house we successfully bought, were almost easy, and ultimately brought satisfaction on both sides.

His apptitude towards being able to train staff was shown to us when Sally first introduced us to our final buy. She had not seen the house before, but arrived early, opened the doors and was ready to greet us. Having copious... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Ordona

Andrew is very professional and always helpful. He kept me informed at all times and provided great advice during the process. It was a pleasure to deal with Andrew.
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank you the team: George, Derek and Alex who were also very helpful and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Unknown, Derek Liu
    sm1
    £370000
    Andrew UnknownDerek Liu

andrew was always helpful, kept me informed at all times, never said no to any questions or requests i had. over all a fantastic experience in this long process of buying a property with your move.
    thank you again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£240000
    Andrew Ordona

Andrew was very pro active in progressing the sale which was complicated as the owner lived abroad and the freeholder and management company were slow to respond. He was always polite and helpful throughout the sale.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

RH19
    £450000
    Philip HiattSue

We bought a property through Your Move - Philip Hiatt. Philip and his team are exceptionally professional. We were very impressed by how thorough they were with every single aspect of the purchase. If you are looking for an estate agent to possibly sell through, we would certainly recommend them, based upon our experience of the purchase process. Always friendly and willing to answer every possible question thrown at them, Philip is ably supported by his fantastic assistant Sue. We cannot thank them enough!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

Piers Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    Piers EdwardsSally  Bennetts
    Piers EdwardsSally Bennetts

Sally was very professional when we viewed the property and was also very helpful when we wished to re view. As we were living in Coventry and were restricted on the days we could view she was very accommodating. Piers dealt with our offer to purchase the property, and subsequent offers , very professionally. He continued to communicate with us regarding the progress of our purchase providing answers to our various queries promptly. This was essential for our piece of mind as we didn't live in the area.

21. 1
    person found this

Branch:
    62 The Broadway (Tolworth) (Surbiton) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Kt6
    Would you use the agent again? No

Poor service by Lettings department. More concerned with getting a sale with your lettings than actually finding a decent tenant.
    Beware of small print in their service agreement. As soon as they find you at tenant, Your move switch over your energy supplier to Sparks energy! The tenancy agreement isn't even signed yet!!
    Not sure what type of arrangement they have with Sparks but they switch everyone over. They do not highlight this fact, but it in the small print of service agreement that you can very easily miss.. Not the best practice. I was less than impressed with everything about the Lettings team at this branch.
    I decided to let my property with another agent who have been honest, trustworthy and very reliable compared with Your Move Surbiton.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Rh19
    £179000
    Philip HiattSue

I had a great experience with your move.. First time buyers like myself and my partner knew nothing and Phil was very accommodating throughout the process. I felt we kept in contact as much as necessary for the process to go smoothly and information received was always valuable.
    I would recommend your move.. And most likely suggest using them when I sell this property...
    I called never having spoken directly with an agency and asked to view a property and they offered me any day that week..and were open weekends which was perfect because time off work would have make me think otherwise before viewing. Phil was not too much a typical salesman rather than an experienced agent who knew what we wanted!

Many thanks again!

Dee and Sam

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Queens Road (Brighton) (Brighton) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

They came into my apartment, which I'm renting, without any written or verbal notice (note that they are supposed to give you 24h written notice upon arrival). They took photos of the apartment and publish them all over the internet, without any permissions. On top of that, they are not even my letting agency with which I have the contract.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

rh19
    £42750
    Philip HiattSue

We had a wonderful service from your move ,Philip and sue were very professional in a friendly and helpful way . They were always available and never made us feel a nusence throughout a long drawn out process . They were always as good as their word and just marvellous to us at every stage .We would highly recommend there services to anyone needing an estate agent and would always return to them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

RH19
    £265000
    Philip HiattSue

Philip Hiatt helped me for the selling of my house and also with the purchase of my new property. Everything went well from start to finish.
    Philip and Sue were always on the end of the phone and were helpful at all times. I could not of asked more. Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards
    £36000
    no photoPiers Edwards
    Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

I have used Your Move Sidmouth on 4 occasions over the past few years both for buying and selling property in Sidmouth. They have always been very friendly ,professional and always willing to go the extra mile to get things done.
    Unlike other agents I have used they care about you and getting the best result possible, you are always kept up to date with what is going on and even get a call if they dont have any up dates to report but to let you know they havent forgotten about you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

£241000
    Piers Edwards

We have used Your move SIdmouth on three occassions for sales and once for purchase. Piers Edwards has always provided a realistic valuation and is always easy to deal with and get hold of. This latest sale is no exception and the sale was completed very quickly. The your move team have proved to be very professional, especially when negotiating a low offer up to one which we felt we could accept.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH SATISFIED WITH THE FEES, LIKE MOST PEOPLE WE FIND THE COST OF ESTATE AGENTS TO BE RELATIVELY HIGH HOWEVER THE COST IS PROBABLY RECOVERED BY THE NEGOTIATING DONE BY THE ESTATE AGENT ON OUT BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£365000
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

Mr Jim Edwards was courteous, professional and attentive. All members of his staff were easy to talk to and kept us in the picture at all times during the sale of our property.
    We would thoroughly recommend Your Move Edwards.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY ONE WOULD LIKE TO PAY LESS, BUT THE ESTATE AGENTS PROFESSION IS COMPETITIVE, AND FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE REFLECTED IN THE WORK THE AGENT DID ON OUR BEHALF.”

30. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    39 Courtenay Street (Newton Abbot) (Devon)
    TQ12
    £675

Hi
    As a tenant newly moved in I was unaware (my fault) that YOUR MOVE estate agency would not allow me to choose my own energy supplier and by default I have to go with their choice which is Spark Energy. I have tried to stop the transfer and to make Flow Energy my first choice but I am told that although the gas transfer won't take place for another 3 days, the transfer is in process and I cannot change so I have to go with Spark. Spark tell me that it will take around 3 weeks for the transfer from the date of the change. I am annoyed with Your Move who did not highlight to me (I did not... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS CHARGED A HOLDING FEE OF £300 WHICH WAS NOT REFUNDABLE. THEY ALSO CHARGED ME £90 FOR PERMISSION FOR MY SON TO MOVE IN AS A "PERMITTED OCCUPIER". I FEEL THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE AND SHOULD BE REFUNDED TO ME.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“The agent should not charge for 'Permitted Occupier' fee in addition to the holding fee. The agent should not nominate or pass my details on to any energy supplier but should leave that to me to decide which supplier to use. They should take that out of the agreement form.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards
    £517
    Jim Edwards

This is a family business and from the valuation of our property through to the completion of the sale we have been delighted with the individual service, invaluable advice and genuine motivation to minimise the inevitable stresses that come with selling your property. Our buyers too, were impressed as Jim guided us both through the process, and supplied us with progress reports regularly. Couple this with what must be the most competitive rates in the High Street and we cannot recommend this agent highly enough. We have had some poor experiences over the years with other Sidmouth estate agents and Your Move has restored our confidence that there are professionals in this field who do aim to provide a decent and competent service and who care about their clients.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE MOST COMPETITIVE AVAILABLE IN SIDMOUTH IN MY EXPERIENCE.”

32. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    2 King Street (Bathgate) (Bathgate) (West Lothian)
    G74
    £580
    Would you use the agent again? No

AVOID AVOID AVOID at all costs because it will indeed cost you a lot if you rent through this company .

Went to view the property when tenants were still in so we did not look in any cupboards or anything which we were to later discover were riddled with dampness .

Day before move in day well this was when your move decided to tell us the current tenants had not left and needed a two week extension just as out moving van was booked and current house was to be rented out .

Day of moving in day we moved in at 5.30pm (that's when we got the keys) to not a single light bulb , no gas or... (read more)