FREE Valuation

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.9 out of 5.0 based on 338 ratings. This website contains 335 user reviews of Your Move.

• Your Move has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 1857 out of 14204 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.88 out of 5.00

• 165 recommend
  • 173 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Page last updated on: 03-Jul-2015 17:29:45

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 12)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally
    ex10
    Jim EdwardsSally

Jim Edwards is professional, very helpful, tactful and an all round extremely nice man. He helped enormously through our sometimes traumatic journey, and when faced with a difficult situation, reacted with sympathy, tact and humour. Our final dealings with him on the house we successfully bought, were almost easy, and ultimately brought satisfaction on both sides.

His apptitude towards being able to train staff was shown to us when Sally first introduced us to our final buy. She had not seen the house before, but arrived early, opened the doors and was ready to greet us. Having copious... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

SM2
    Andrew Ordona

Andrew is very professional and always helpful. He kept me informed at all times and provided great advice during the process. It was a pleasure to deal with Andrew.
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank you the team: George, Derek and Alex who were also very helpful and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Unknown, Derek Liu
    sm1
    £370000
    Andrew UnknownDerek Liu

andrew was always helpful, kept me informed at all times, never said no to any questions or requests i had. over all a fantastic experience in this long process of buying a property with your move.
    thank you again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

SM2
    £240000
    Andrew Ordona

Andrew was very pro active in progressing the sale which was complicated as the owner lived abroad and the freeholder and management company were slow to respond. He was always polite and helpful throughout the sale.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

£450000
    Philip HiattSue

We bought a property through Your Move - Philip Hiatt. Philip and his team are exceptionally professional. We were very impressed by how thorough they were with every single aspect of the purchase. If you are looking for an estate agent to possibly sell through, we would certainly recommend them, based upon our experience of the purchase process. Always friendly and willing to answer every possible question thrown at them, Philip is ably supported by his fantastic assistant Sue. We cannot thank them enough!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

Piers Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    Piers EdwardsSally  Bennetts
    Piers EdwardsSally Bennetts

Sally was very professional when we viewed the property and was also very helpful when we wished to re view. As we were living in Coventry and were restricted on the days we could view she was very accommodating. Piers dealt with our offer to purchase the property, and subsequent offers , very professionally. He continued to communicate with us regarding the progress of our purchase providing answers to our various queries promptly. This was essential for our piece of mind as we didn't live in the area.

7. 1

Branch:
    62 The Broadway (Tolworth) (Surbiton) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Kt6
    Would you use the agent again? No

Poor service by Lettings department. More concerned with getting a sale with your lettings than actually finding a decent tenant.
    Beware of small print in their service agreement. As soon as they find you at tenant, Your move switch over your energy supplier to Sparks energy! The tenancy agreement isn't even signed yet!!
    Not sure what type of arrangement they have with Sparks but they switch everyone over. They do not highlight this fact, but it in the small print of service agreement that you can very easily miss.. Not the best practice. I was less than impressed with everything about the Lettings team at this branch.
    I decided to let my property with another agent who have been honest, trustworthy and very reliable compared with Your Move Surbiton.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

rh19
    £42750
    Philip HiattSue

We had a wonderful service from your move ,Philip and sue were very professional in a friendly and helpful way . They were always available and never made us feel a nusence throughout a long drawn out process . They were always as good as their word and just marvellous to us at every stage .We would highly recommend there services to anyone needing an estate agent and would always return to them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Queens Road (Brighton) (Brighton) (Brighton and Hove)
    BN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

They came into my apartment, which I'm renting, without any written or verbal notice (note that they are supposed to give you 24h written notice upon arrival). They took photos of the apartment and publish them all over the internet, without any permissions. On top of that, they are not even my letting agency with which I have the contract.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Rh19
    £179000
    Philip HiattSue

I had a great experience with your move.. First time buyers like myself and my partner knew nothing and Phil was very accommodating throughout the process. I felt we kept in contact as much as necessary for the process to go smoothly and information received was always valuable.
    I would recommend your move.. And most likely suggest using them when I sell this property...
    I called never having spoken directly with an agency and asked to view a property and they offered me any day that week..and were open weekends which was perfect because time off work would have make me think otherwise before viewing. Phil was not too much a typical salesman rather than an experienced agent who knew what we wanted!

Many thanks again!

Dee and Sam

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

£265000
    Philip HiattSue

Philip Hiatt helped me for the selling of my house and also with the purchase of my new property. Everything went well from start to finish.
    Philip and Sue were always on the end of the phone and were helpful at all times. I could not of asked more. Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards
    £36000
    no photoPiers Edwards
    Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

I have used Your Move Sidmouth on 4 occasions over the past few years both for buying and selling property in Sidmouth. They have always been very friendly ,professional and always willing to go the extra mile to get things done.
    Unlike other agents I have used they care about you and getting the best result possible, you are always kept up to date with what is going on and even get a call if they dont have any up dates to report but to let you know they havent forgotten about you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£241000
    Piers Edwards

We have used Your move SIdmouth on three occassions for sales and once for purchase. Piers Edwards has always provided a realistic valuation and is always easy to deal with and get hold of. This latest sale is no exception and the sale was completed very quickly. The your move team have proved to be very professional, especially when negotiating a low offer up to one which we felt we could accept.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH SATISFIED WITH THE FEES, LIKE MOST PEOPLE WE FIND THE COST OF ESTATE AGENTS TO BE RELATIVELY HIGH HOWEVER THE COST IS PROBABLY RECOVERED BY THE NEGOTIATING DONE BY THE ESTATE AGENT ON OUT BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sarah Edwards
    £365000
    Jim EdwardsSarah Edwards

Mr Jim Edwards was courteous, professional and attentive. All members of his staff were easy to talk to and kept us in the picture at all times during the sale of our property.
    We would thoroughly recommend Your Move Edwards.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY ONE WOULD LIKE TO PAY LESS, BUT THE ESTATE AGENTS PROFESSION IS COMPETITIVE, AND FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE REFLECTED IN THE WORK THE AGENT DID ON OUR BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards
    £517
    Jim Edwards

This is a family business and from the valuation of our property through to the completion of the sale we have been delighted with the individual service, invaluable advice and genuine motivation to minimise the inevitable stresses that come with selling your property. Our buyers too, were impressed as Jim guided us both through the process, and supplied us with progress reports regularly. Couple this with what must be the most competitive rates in the High Street and we cannot recommend this agent highly enough. We have had some poor experiences over the years with other Sidmouth estate agents and Your Move has restored our confidence that there are professionals in this field who do aim to provide a decent and competent service and who care about their clients.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE MOST COMPETITIVE AVAILABLE IN SIDMOUTH IN MY EXPERIENCE.”

17. 2

Branch:
    39 Courtenay Street (Newton Abbot) (Devon)
    TQ12
    £675

Hi
    As a tenant newly moved in I was unaware (my fault) that YOUR MOVE estate agency would not allow me to choose my own energy supplier and by default I have to go with their choice which is Spark Energy. I have tried to stop the transfer and to make Flow Energy my first choice but I am told that although the gas transfer won't take place for another 3 days, the transfer is in process and I cannot change so I have to go with Spark. Spark tell me that it will take around 3 weeks for the transfer from the date of the change. I am annoyed with Your Move who did not highlight to me (I did not... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS CHARGED A HOLDING FEE OF £300 WHICH WAS NOT REFUNDABLE. THEY ALSO CHARGED ME £90 FOR PERMISSION FOR MY SON TO MOVE IN AS A "PERMITTED OCCUPIER". I FEEL THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEE AND SHOULD BE REFUNDED TO ME.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“The agent should not charge for 'Permitted Occupier' fee in addition to the holding fee. The agent should not nominate or pass my details on to any energy supplier but should leave that to me to decide which supplier to use. They should take that out of the agreement form.”

18. 2

Branch:
    2 King Street (Bathgate) (Bathgate) (West Lothian)
    G74
    £580
    Would you use the agent again? No

AVOID AVOID AVOID at all costs because it will indeed cost you a lot if you rent through this company .

Went to view the property when tenants were still in so we did not look in any cupboards or anything which we were to later discover were riddled with dampness .

Day before move in day well this was when your move decided to tell us the current tenants had not left and needed a two week extension just as out moving van was booked and current house was to be rented out .

Day of moving in day we moved in at 5.30pm (that's when we got the keys) to not a single light bulb , no gas or... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally
    £517500
    Jim EdwardsSally

We wished we could have used YouMove for our sale in Winchester.
    Jim kept us informed of all the progress right down the chain. We got used to information coming from him and not our estate agent,
    Just first class and such a nice team to deal with especially as we were moving from Hampshire to Devon, they were so helpful with lots of information.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Jim Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    no photoSally  Bennetts
    Jim EdwardsSally Bennetts

Selling our house was a pleasurable experience, thanks to Jim Edwards and the team at Your Move. From the initial valuation, they provided a professional and supportive service. Telephone communication was excellent; they gave us plenty of time to prepare for viewings and kept us informed of progress once we had a buyer. Jim is a very experienced estate agent and negotiator. We have lived in Sidmouth for 20 years and moved several times. In our opinion, Your Move is the best estate agent in Sidmouth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Derek Liu, Andrew Sutton
    SM1
    Derek LiuAndrew Sutton

Derek handled the initial sale very professionally, followed my instructions closely and negotiated the sale very efficiently. Being a landlord living overseas, was important we had a good agent. Your Move Lettings had been managing my property for 4 years very efficiently and was impressed with Your Move when I brought the property many years ago. Andrew managed the transition from initial sale to completion, and was instrumental in keeping all parties informed, chasing up on issues, and went the extra mile to ensure the conclusion of the sale was a smooth as possible, overcoming a few obstacles along the way. Overall very satisfied and impressed with Your Move, and will continue to recommend them going forward.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Andrew Ordona, George Fenton
    SM1
    £346000
    Andrew OrdonaGeorge Fenton

Having just used Your Move to sell a house in Sutton, I would have to give them full marks for service.
    Most of my dealings at the start were with Andrew, who is very proffesional, very much a people person . Makes you feel that selling your property is very important to him. Nothing was too much trouble for him. George who dealt with final sale was also very professional and very pleasant to deal with. Must also mention Phil (manager) so good at his job , made it an easy decision to go with
    Your Move. All in all a great team.

24. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  14/04/2015

Many thanks for your kind comments Maureen. I'm pleased we managed the sale through with " Full Marks" for you. It was a pleasure dealing with you.
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Bennetts, Jim Edwards
    £385000
    Sally  Bennettsno photo
    Sally BennettsJim Edwards

Brilliant at arranging viewings and answering queries particularly as we did not move inter county. Nothing was too much trouble and all members of the team communicated well with us. Very satisfied with the service we received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Sally Bennetts
    £162500
    Sally  Bennetts
    Sally Bennetts

My first encounter with Sally Bennetts was very frank and professional. She explained immediately the property market in Sidmouth and once I informed her what was my budget, she confirmed what I could buy. She contacted me and e-mailed me throughout the purchase process and made it indeed very smooth for me and all other parties involved. Sally responded very efficiently to all my enquiries and was very helpful and supportive.
    The congratulations card from 'Your Move' at the end of the purchase was very thoughtful and was signed by all staff and also the bottle of wine!
    Move with 'Your Move' as it is simply the BEST!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£434000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A very professional, helpful, caring and efficient team. Excellent communication and a safe pair of hands in a crisis, with a welcome sense of humour when the pressure was on and we were feeling the strain.
    Would highly recommend Your Move East Grinstead.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    64 Main Street (Kimberley) (Nottinghamshire)
    Daniel Wagstaff
    NG16
    £220000
    Daniel Wagstaff

I very rarely write reviews unless I can confidently give my opinion and I can confidently say that I would recommend Your Move Kimberley.
    We had 3 agents come to give us quotes and to be honest we were tempted to go with another agent as Your Move undercut them by �1000. We thought that this would mean an inferior service. How wrong we were. Daniel is professional and clearly knows his business. Nothing is too much trouble, enquiries are answered with speed, he is diplomatic and supportive. He has the patience of a saint and more to the point, earns his fee. Our move was quite... (read more)

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

sm1
    Andrew Ordona

We have been recommended this agency by a friend and although a bit sceptical at first (one could not possibly trust just about anyone on the market) working with them has been indeed pleasure. They were straightforward and outspoken, very quick to respond to our needs and assist us along the way. True professionals that we would greatly recommend ourselves!
    PS Special thanks to Mr Ordona!!

30. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  03/04/2015

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased that you were recommended to use us, and to hear you are happy to recommend us in the future.
  31. 1

Branch:
    118 High Street (Hampton Hill) (Greater London)
    Tw13
    £995
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rent a flats from your move office in Hampton hill and one day before my moving day the contact me to say the flats its no longer available and now I left with no place to live and I due to give birt to my first babe next week . Don't trust them they don't have any senses of human.

32. 2

Branch:
    31 Cadzow Street ( ) (Hamilton) (South Lanarkshire)
    ML3
    £525
    Would you use the agent again? No

Never have me and my partner been the sort of people to complain but this company based on my experience and by the looks of it many others is absolutely shocking. Moved into a property nearly 2 months ago now with my pregnant partner. Would be here all week if I was writing down the terrible experience we have went through. Basically took our moneyand have washed there hands with us. Moved into a property with cracked windows. A kitchen roof that was leaking with water back door handle that keeps coming off and key is stck in door which Is a security risk. Windows arent sealed right in there... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAID A 750 POUND DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE THATSFALLING APART.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Paid a 750 pound deposit for a house thatsfalling apart.”

33. 1

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL4
    £625
    Would you use the agent again? No

Staff are lovely as pie until you've paid the fees and already moved into the house, then they don't want to know you or help you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  34. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Clive Campbell
    se20
    £215000
    Clive Campbell

I recently sold my property through Your Move.Everything ran smoothly and my many questions were always answered promptly. Many thanks to Clive and his team for making the whole process relatively stress free.