Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.7 out of 5.0 based on 286 ratings. This website contains 283 user reviews of Your Move.

Offices / Branches

• 126 recommend
  • 160 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Your Move has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

Page last updated on: 19-Dec-2014 18:13:44

1. A 5-star review by 'The Woltons' 11/12/2014

Nick Ward, George Fenton
    SM1
    £474

Nick WardGeorge Fenton

My experience with this company has exceed my expectations in every way. The success is down to team work, from Nick Ward the financial advisor to the sales negotiators. In particular George Fenton, he was the main agent who sold my property. Nothing was too much trouble. some nights he was still showing at 7.30 pm, when his working day should have been finished half an hour ago. He even came in on his day off to facilitate the exchange date. Estate agents do not have a good reputation but I can honestly say I can not fault Your Moves service. I would definitely recommend them with no hesitations.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO ONE IS EVER PLEASED TO PART WITH THEIR MONEY, BUT UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCE I THINK THEY HAVE EARNED IT. I HAVE NO COMPLAINS.”

2. A 5-star review by 'C . N' 10/12/2014

Andrew Sutton
    sm1
    £125000

Andrew Sutton

I recently purchased a property through Your move Sutton Branch. I received a great service from them. Especially Andrew was great in communicating at right times and helped me lot to complete very quickly. I really appreciate Andrew's relentless effort to help me in completing the purchase. I would recommend them and use them again.

3. A 5-star review by 'Paul Wilson' 8/12/2014

SM5
    £1050
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Efficient and thoughtful staff both in sales and in mortgage advice. They were very helpful in chasing up solicitors and other clients when things seemed to stagnate and kept me informed at all times. I hope to be using them again soon

4. A 5-star review by 'Glenn' 8/12/2014

CR0
    £250000

Nick Ward

Nick Ward was recommended to me by a family member, and having dealt with him, it's clear to see why. As a first time buyer I was nervous about getting my first mortgage. When the MMR rules came into play, I was even more nervous.

Nick was fantastic, a calming force and a really nice guy to boot. His advise was absolutely spot on and I could not be happier with the result. I absolutely recommend him and will certainly be using him again when the time comes.

5. A 5-star review by 'Jenny' 5/12/2014

Sm1
    £1500

Nick Ward

Nick Ward at your move sutton Surrey explained all the products on offer and helped me along the process of my mortgage. It is so refreshing to deal with such a professional and generally nice person who took away all pressure and worries of filling in lots of forms. I'm Would 100% recommend Nick and your move to anyone as you really can not go wrong with this person and agent.

6. A 5-star review by 'James Rowe' 5/12/2014

KT19
    £315000

Nick Ward

Nick is excellent is all his aspects of his job. He is very knowlegable in the mortgage market. I am very happy with his dealings and nice to know this person. Nick will help you get a mortgage and make sure that the product is correct for you and will not push you into a product. Thank you Nick and see you soon

7. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Michael' 5/12/2014

Andrew Ordona
    SM2

Andrew Ordona

This is just a short, belated note to record my thanks and appreciation to Andrew Ordona, Senior Sales Consultant, for all his efforts on my behalf in connection with the recent sale of my flat.

The process was a difficult and fraught one, but Andrew remained calm, effective and highly professional throughout and, due in no small measure to him, we managed to keep the ‘show on the road’ and eventually to bring things to a successful conclusion. He worked incredibly hard and remained focussed, cheerful and helpful at all times.

In my opinion, Andrew is an example of what a good Estate Agent should be and is a real asset to Your-Move. I know that my buyers, would agree.

Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to Andrew, and I hope that you will note these comments on his file with the Company.

8. A 5-star review by 'Andy H' 4/12/2014

£390000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would certainly recommend Your Move to anyone thinking of buying or selling property in and around Sidmouth. The staff were extremely helpful and went the extra mile to ensure that the process was as smooth as possible.

9. A 2-star review by 'H.' 1/12/2014

Branch:
    62 The Broadway (Tolworth) (Surbiton) (Greater London)
    Sarah , Lewis
    KT6
    £1250

Sarah Lewis

During the letting process, Lewis was brilliant. Sarah in admin was amazing and went far above and beyond necessary.

Since we've moved in, it's gone downhill. The management team have not completed any of our requests including basic amenities like the hot water. Emails are ignored, responses never sent. We're also accused of not paying our rent every month yet they always magically find the money when I point out it's been paid days previously.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE AROUND AVERAGE.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Property management team need to be more organised and proactive. Tenants\' basic needs are just as important as landlords wanting to save money.”

10. 3

A 5-star review by 'Joan O\'Toole' 22/11/2014

George Fenton, Andrew Sutton
    SM1
    £232000

George FentonAndrew Sutton

Phil the Manager valued the property for us and our first impressions were very profession and he really knew his market and area. We had total confidence in the team especially George who kept us informed of developments as they progressed. When George was not available Andrew would always know or would find out and get straight back to us. We would definitely use the Sutton office again - very positive experience.

11. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  26/11/2014

Many thanks for your kind remarks in relation to your recent sale, it means so much to the guys here that work so hard to get the property through to completion. We look forward to dealing with you again in the near future

1. A 5-star review by 'Elizabeth Hodgson' 22/11/2014

Philip Hiatt, Sue
    RH10
    £412000

Philip HiattSue

I shall always be grateful that Your Move was recommend to me when I wanted to sell my bungalow. Philip and Sue were professional, courteous and friendly at all times and right from Philip's first visit to value the property, I felt reassured that I would receive an excellent service. Any query I had was answered promptly and I was kept informed on progress at all times. The icing on the cake, was on moving day when Philip collected the keys for me and my buyers and brought them to my bungalow. I would have no hesitation in using Your Move Philip Hiatt again.

2. A 5-star review by 'Island-bound' 16/11/2014

£450000

Philip Hiatt

Philip Hiatt valued our property, and acheived the target price for us within two weeks. We found him to be highly professional, and a firm but diplomatic negotiator. He didn't lose interest once our buyer was found, and proved a very effective 'go-between' throughout the transaction when problems arose (as they always do). Philip and Sue were always there to calm us down and offer practical advice when we were stressed. You-Move East Grinstead are not just house sellers, they offer a complete service, and were definately our best move.

3. A 5-star review by 'Island-bound' 16/11/2014

£450000

4. A 5-star review by 'Vanessa Poucher' 9/11/2014

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards

Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

We had exceptional customer service throughout the whole period of selling my mother's house. Piers initially met with us to explain the procedure and then returned to take measurements & photos. Both Jim and Sally showed numerous people the property but always ensured my mother (now in her mid-eighties) knew well in advance when the viewings were. My mother also bought another property via Your Move Edwards and again had a very positive experience.
    Overall the service we received could not have been faulted and I would like to thank everyone in the office in particulare for their excellent communication and patience. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE AGREED AT INITIAL VISIT AND WE FELT WERE FAIR.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Don\'t know what this means' 7/11/2014

Piers Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    £233500

Piers EdwardsSally Bennetts

We were more than happy with the service provided by Your Move Edwards, Sidmouth, Devon. Piers, Sally and Jim afforded us an excellent service. They were always polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They were with us every step of the way.

6. A 4-star review by 'Andrew Layton-Hill' 7/11/2014

No branch selected
    £185000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very professional and reliable service provided throughout. Met us on site, every time. Delivered what they said they would and dealt with us in a good no nonsense manner.

“N/A”

7. A 5-star review by 'Margaret and Barry Watson' 5/11/2014

£208000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All members of staff provided a prompt and efficient level of service during the sales process and were courteous throughout. In our absence, they managed viewings very well, leaving the property safe and secure on each occasion, as well as providing follow-up details as to how each viewing went.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVELY STRUCTURED RELATIVE TO THE LOCAL MARKET.”

8. 13

A 1-star review by 'Sam' 2/11/2014

Branch:
    118 High Street (Hemel Bay) (Hemel Bay) (Kent)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    ct6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Waste of time and unprofessional,,, I went with another agent in Herne Bay in which i got a great professional service and sold my property for me fast.

9. 4

A 4-star review by 'Joan Giddings' 31/10/2014

Andrew
    SM2
    £235000

Andrew

My contact at Your Move was Andrew. I found him to be very kind and helpful throughout the weeks that it took to sell my flat. Buying and selling property is stressful and Andrew made life less so for me. Thank you, Your Move and Andrew in particular.

10. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  26/11/2014

Many Thanks for your kind review of our service. I'm glad we managed to make the move much less stressful than you thought !
  11. A 1-star review by 'chandlight' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    Orchard House 2 Victoria Square (Droitwich) (Worcestershire)
    WR9
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It was terrible experience dealing with this agent and their staff.

They gave our information to some energy company without our agreement or even knowledge. Caused real confusion on our energy bill that left us to deal with and still dealing with. I cannot think of on what base they think they should be involved in our domestic choice on the energy company and move us around between the companies. And there's very poor handover on the metre reading and we are being charged for the time that we haven't even got the keys.

They requested us to add one more name on the lease (though... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“To start with, be honest and say what you have promised to do.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Trudi Dorman' 10/10/2014

Jim Edwards
    Ex10
    £255000

Jim Edwards

The service we received from Jim was very efficient. He even chased things that perhaps wasn't up to him to do, so that things moved more swiftly and smoothly. I had a phone call most weeks to advise me how things were going and at what stage we were at. I would certainly recommend them to friends and colleagues.

2. A 5-star review by 'Roger Seadon' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    Estate House, 25 Warwick Row (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    michelle gorden
    cv2
    £183

michelle gorden

In the long process of selling my house after many weeks with different agents I went to your move Coventry There agent Helen came out who was the first member of the team for me to meet From this point forward it was evident the team was serious being very Pro active with there approach As keen to sell my house as I was to move It has to be said that during the visits by many prospective clients several of the team members spent more time in my house than they did there own The star of the team with out question has to be Michelle Gorden It was her skills that helped capture my now current buyer. A very formidable team player although she did not try to move in as her team mates did. A very big thank you to the team

Comments on the Agents fees

“POSSIBLY THE LOWEST POSSIBLE”

3. A 5-star review by 'Mrs.L.F.Lever' 10/10/2014

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards

Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

Agents executed a most thorough transaction for us in selling & also buying, kept us fully informed at all stages, offered advice, all staff members were courteous and extremely efficient. We would certainly make use of their efficiency at any further stage.

“PRETTY REASONABLE.”

4. A 1-star review by 'Derrick' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE19
    £235000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Your move made me a counter offer. I accepted. They agreed to take the property off the market. They induced me into acting fast and withheld vital inforation about the property. After i had spent fees, i found out that the property was still being marketed and that it had been put onto auction before my completion date agreed. They only sent my memorandum of sale after i had paid fees and instructed solicitors. I ended up being gazumped but it was ok for them to gamble a commission using my non refundable fees. I kept calling the branch and got no replies. I emailed and got no replies. I... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“they could have saved the deal or taken me seriously. they could have returned my calls and accepted that they gambled with my money. their staff could have been nicer to talk to and not so patronising and dissmissive. they could have acted faster and offered to repay my fees because they knew that they lost me the property.”

5. View All Comments (1)by Ian Roberts  28/11/2014

We, as a team, are obviously very disappointed to read your comments particularly in view of our ongoing attempts to explain the situation to you – more recently via our Customer Relations Department who have reviewed this case in detail. It was the decision of the seller to put the property into auction – which he is within his rights to do - and because you were not in a viable position to buy. “We would, of course, be happy to discuss this matter further with you and would also suggest, if you continue to feel aggrieved by this situation, that you go to The Property Ombudsman for independent advice. Details are available at www.tpos.co.uk” Regards Ian Roberts Area Manager
  6. A 5-star review by 'Barbara Gledhill' 29/9/2014

£327500

Philip Hiatt

We were impressed by Philip's straightforward and professional manner. He and Sue always responded promptly to our telephone calls and emails about the progress of the sale of our property.
    Their integrity may be trusted completely, a rare statement to make about most professionals involved with the buying and selling of property.

7. A 5-star review by 'Nigel Smith' 26/9/2014

Piers Edwards
    £192500

Piers Edwards

Originally purchased property through Piers some 7 years ago. On deciding to sell the property the firsr choice was Piers at Sidmouth , that should say it all .

Excellant service, prompt, polite, knowledgeble & efficient .

I would also go as far as to say it was quite an enjoyable experience .

Good team also at the office.

Job Well Done

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERALL VERY HAPPY BUT WOULD SAY COMMISSION PAID BY SOLICITOR TO AGENT WAS CONSIDERABLE , A LARGE % OF THE OVERALL BILL FROM THE SOLICITOR WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THAT TO BE REDUCED FROM THE 1.5% OVERALL SALE FEE.”

8. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Smash' 26/9/2014

Branch:
    99 The Parade, High Street (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely useless letting agency. They charge the tenants a lot but do not care about the Tenants at all. They don't stick to agreed check-in/payment dates. Have no courtesy to arrange for fixing any problem in the property. Having a bad time dealing with these guys. They give false information before signing up for the property just finish the deal. Please avoid at any cost.

9. A 1-star review by 'wombat' 23/9/2014

Branch:
    21 Marmion Road (Southsea) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    po1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I got left with a treat a thousand pounds worth of bills and council tax, although I was paying for a fully managed service.
    Steer clear of them!

10. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Baber' 23/9/2014

Philip Hyatt, Sue
    £295000

Philip HyattSue

We found Philip and his assistant Sue to be very professional, helpful and friendly at every stage of the purchase of the property we chose. As an example they liaised closely with the vendors solicitors on several points that needed attention. The branch was a clear leader above other agents in the area that we had contacted.

11. A 5-star review by 'Neill' 21/9/2014

, Sidmouth Sidmouth
    £163000

Sidmouth Sidmouth

Good company to use, kept informed of any feedback or developments, polite and friendly Piers and Jim
    certainly know their job and I would be happy to use them again.

Page: