Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.5 out of 5.0 based on 253 ratings. This website contains 250 user reviews of Your Move.

Offices / Branches

• 100 recommend
  • 153 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Your Move has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

Page last updated on: 15-Sep-2014 12:27:06

1. A 5-star review by 'Mia Clay' 15/9/2014

Sally Bennetts
    Ex10
    £245000

Sally Bennetts

Your Move, and particularly Sally, were fantastic from start to finish in the purchase of our first home together. When registering with Your Move we were kept up to date with any properties that might meet our preferred specification and needs, until the perfect house came up which we were immediately alerted too. This lead us to put in an offer and secure our dream home, all with the help and advice from the team who made the process completely smooth and stress free. Thanks team

“REASONABLE”

2. A 4-star review by 'hayley h' 14/9/2014

£163500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

brought our 2 bedroom house through your move office in Sidmouth. All members of staff were extremely helpful in this process and accommodating us to be able to go into the property at convenient times to measure up and view the property. Piers and colleagues were also extremely helpful in dealing with questions and queries that we had and putting them forward to the seller.

3. A 5-star review by 'lucy' 14/9/2014

Jim Edwards
    ex10
    £165000

Jim Edwards

Jim helped us sell two properties which he went above and beyond his role as an estate agents.we really cannot thank him enough and he should be recognised for all of his hard work.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY FOR THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Gregory' 12/9/2014

£239000

Piers Edwards

The staff at Your Move Sidmouth were wonderful. Firstly I bought the house from Piers Edwards several years ago, the sale was made easy with wonderful customer service, Secondly yourmove assisted me rented out our property until we were ready to sell, they found a great tenant. Thirdly when we were ready to sell we again used Piers Edwards at Yourmove. A buyer was found very quickly. The house was settled within 3 months with no worries or hassles.
    Piers Edwards and staff always kept me up to date regularly with the sale of the house. I would certainly use Piers and Yourmove at Sidmouth again wether to buy rent or sell.

“STANDARD FEES APPLIED.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Morris' 11/9/2014

£232750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Using Your Move in Sidmouth for my recent property purchase was a very pleasant experience. All the staff I had personal dealings with were friendly, helpful, efficient and particularly good at keeping in contact and advising me of progress throughout the often stressful process of buying and moving in.

6. A 5-star review by 'Amanda' 11/9/2014

Ex10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought and sold through Your Move in Sidmouth twice now. I wouldn't use anyone else as my experience is that they are thoroughly professional, very good at their job and frankly a delight to deal with. My current move was quite stressful and they were v supportive whilst I was having a mini meltdown at times, keeping me informed with a calm reassuring presence throughout.

That aside, at the end of the day I wanted my house sold at the best possible price and they achieved that for me - result !

7. A 5-star review by 'Liz Mack' 10/9/2014

£650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent has provided an excellent service finding tenants and ensuring my property has been well maintained. Also on hand if needed and keep me updated at all times

8. A 5-star review by 'TimR' 10/9/2014

£495
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been dealing with the Your Move Sidmouth office for over two years now. I have always found them very knowledgeable and very easy to communicate with.

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'Dave' 31/8/2014

Branch:
    28 London Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    So16
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I made an appointment to view a property, your move cancelled it the same day and then re-scheduled the next day at 12 midday..they never turned up so I phoned them and someone said that they would get someone to ring me about coming out..30 minutes later and still no phone call..I please avoid this letting agent..waste of my time..

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Actually turn up to show me around..waste of space and time”

10. A 1-star review by 'keefmo' 22/8/2014

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely the very worst experience we have ever encountered. In the door and out again like they have walked into the plague. promised constant communications, never recieved one in 4 months. Complained to the branch manager half way through term and he said he would fix it but didnt. Dont advertise enough, staff in branch have no clue about your property or who you are when you visit. To top it all when you give notice they are so rude its beyong belief.

1. A 1-star review by 'Naomi Smith' 15/8/2014

Branch:
    3 St Margarets Street (canterbury) (canterbury) (Kent)
    CT5
    £250000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Canterbury office of Your Move are completely useless do not use them. My purchase with them fell through days before exchange. Your move did not bother to tell me, I found out from the vendor instead. When contacted and asked when they thought they might tell me the LIED.

Throughout the process they have been lazy, poor communication and just inefficient. Their sales progresser did not come back to me at all despite leaving messages. be earned do not use them.

2. A 5-star review by 'Rex Palmer' 3/8/2014

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards
    EX14
    £465000

Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

Piers took a careful note of my special circumstances and organised the sale accordingly. He kept me fully informed of prospective buyers` situation and their reactions to seeing the property. After a time we agreed a change in the marketing strategy and this produced a result in the form of a strong buyer. Piers and Jim were easy to work with and I was able to trust them implicitly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GIVEN THAT THEY WERE THE AGENTS INVOLVED IN SELLING THE PROPERTY TO ME SOME 2 1/2 YEARS PREVIOUSLY, SOME REDUCTION IN THE STANDARD FEE MIGHT HAVE BEEN WARRANTED.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Tina Rose' 3/8/2014

£493000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We sold and purchased a property from Your Move Edwards in Sidmouth. Our experience in a very testing time with house moving was made so much easier with the help and understanding from all the staff at Your Move Edwards. A special mention must go to Jim and Piers who never lost the faith in what was a very difficult and unusual property to sell. Our house was a beautiful home, not the average type of property. They found the perfect buyer, someone who could appreciate it.
    The icing on the cake must be for us is our dream home that we bought from them. We first saw it four years ago with Your Move Edwards, never believed we would end up by living here. We are so happy. Thank you, Your Move Edwards, we do not intend to move again for many years but if we had to we would without doubt always go back to them.

4. A 1-star review by 'Sharma' 31/7/2014

Branch:
    30 Westgate (Huddersfield) (Huddersfield) (West Yorkshire)
    Chris Lee
    HD2

Chris Lee

Had I known what sort service I going to get from this estate agency I would have used the other one where this property in question was advertised with.
    They don't return you phone calls.
    They do not pass on messages or information to each other.
    NO updates even though you ask for them yourself.
    They talk to you once they know that you have found a property you like as if the are doing you a favour.
    Overall a badly run Estate Agents.

If you have the opportunity to not use them and use an alternative I would do so.

5. A 5-star review by 'TG' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    2-3 Regent Parade Brighton Road (Sutton) (Greater London)
    Lucy
    SM1

Lucy

Our house sale was an absolute nightmare. We had problem after problem and it turned out our lease was non existent but thank goodness for Lucy!!! She was absolutely amazing. She sold our house for the full asking (after brilliant negotiating). She even managed to track down our lease after going the extra mile and ringing all solicitors in Sutton to find out who acted for our managing agents. Without her we would never have been able to move into our lovely new home. Thank you Lucy! You have restored our faith in Estate Agents.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  28/08/2014

We're so pleased that you found our service so helpful. Although ultimately it is down to the solicitors to expedite matters in the legal process we always try to do everything we can to make the process smoother. We hope you're enjoying your new home!
  7. A 1-star review by 'Disappointed' 24/7/2014

Branch:
    20-22 Brackley Street (Farnworth) (Bolton) (Lancashire)
    bl4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Recently bought through Your Move and have found them to be a lazy company. After speaking with the vendor we bought from, she told me that the fee's we inflated and all they truly did was put up a sign and put you on the websites. I wouldn't recommend buying or selling with this agent. Your Move gave my personal information to a solicitors without my permission (even though I had already given my solicitors details to them) Never returned phone calls and they didn't send the paperwork to the solicitors until a month and a half after our sale was agreed. Pure Lazy.

8. A 1-star review by 'XONTEC' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    63- 65 Fife Road (Kingston Upon Thames) (Kingston Upon Thames) (Greater London)
    Nicki Martins
    KT1
    £417

Nicki Martins

I have always had a poor regard for estate agent, Your-move only reinforced this with their totally unprofessional attitude. They treat tenants poorly and expect we do all the work for them. To cap it, their fees are unexpected unfair and unacceptable! I'll never use them or any other after this experience. They charge exorbitant admin fees on initial signup and "admin fees" deducted from deposits.

9. A 5-star review by 'mary' 7/7/2014

Branch:
    1 West Street ( ) (East Grinstead) (West Sussex)
    Philip Hiatt, Sue
    rh19
    £187000

Philip HiattSue

I was extremely impressed with the service I recieved from Philip & Sue. I would use them to sell my house next time. Philip was very courteous, conscientious & was always on the end of the phone when I had a query. My calls or emails were answered promptly & replies came from very early in the morning until very late in the evening - he is very hard working.
    His positive, friendly, approachable attitude made the stressful situation of house buying & moving more pleasurable.

10. 1

A 1-star review by 'peed off seller' 2/7/2014

Branch:
    31 Cadzow Street ( ) (Hamilton) (South Lanarkshire)
    G72
    Upload a reviwer profile image

i went with this company to sell my house. i was told by them they had people on the waiting list for houses to buy in my area. i been with them two months. i have lowered my price significantly at a loss . i have had two views one was just being noisy and other well i dont know coz no one has told me what they think. the house has been renovated in the last three yrs and cost me around £10000 to do. there was a house right across the street that hasnt been renovated in 20 yrs and that sold for the price i am looking for mine and was put up for sale at same time . to me i kick my self as the other estate agent were better at selling as they went out there way to sell there property. three times i have asked to put my house details as chain free to no avail. its as if they put signs up. stick it on the internet and let it sell its self. not pleased at all. would never recommed them i have had two other agents out to look at house and they both said they dont understand why it hasnt been snapped up. go figure

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“if they showed more of an interest and got buyers through the door....they said its a buyers market....where?”

11. A 5-star review by 'Anne and David' 27/6/2014

Branch:
    2-3 Regent Parade Brighton Road (Sutton) (Greater London)
    Derek Liu
    SM1
    £187000

Derek Liu

Your Move in Sutton are fantastic! They have just sold our property and we cannot praise them enough. The whole team are proactive, knowledgeable, friendly and professional but in particular we have to give a special mention to Derek Liu and to the negotiator who dealt with our sale, George. It has taken us a year to sell our flat, not because of the property itself or the market, but because we unfortunately wasted the best part of 6 months last year on a sale that proved to be a non-starter from the outset. The agent we initially instructed and who dealt with the first sale was appalling!... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  12. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  04/09/2014

Many thanks for your kind review. This is a classic example of a client using an estate agent that doesn't have enough experience of dealing with property in the area. When choosing an agent make sure there are staff that live in the area as well as have a good local knowledge.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'MB78' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    282 High Street (Bromley) (Greater London)
    BR1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Prior to signing on with the agency i was promised by the branch manager that they wouldnt accept any offers unless they had confirmed that they buyer had the means to purchase my property. After a couple of viewings I was informed of an offer matching my asking price, which I accepted. The property was placed under offer and taken off of the Market, as per the agencies request. I completed all of the required documents (using the solicitor that they recommended) and waited..........and waited.......and waited. I had to chase the branch for updates for every stage of the process. Finally... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Actually performed their Jobs to the minimal standard expected of a professional agency!”

2. A 5-star review by 'Alan Potterton' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    56 Hallgate (Doncaster) (doncaster) (Aberdeen City)
    Jess
    Dn5
    £76000

Jess

My full experience with Your Move was positive throughout.
    Jess who works at the Doncaster branch, was polite, helpful and very professional throughout the process of the sale.
    It's a bit alien to me buying houses, so i wasn't sure how things worked.
    She answered all my questions and informed me when things we're complete.
    She's a full credit to your company.

3. A 1-star review by 'Stephen' 22/6/2014

Branch:
    6 North Street (Keighely) (Keighely) (West Yorkshire)
    Michael Brownsett
    BD13
    £850

Michael Brownsett

Up to signing up with them, they answered all my emails questions. Once signed up any questions have gone un-answered. The only emails I get from them are the statements of the monies taken from me. It took me lots of emails to get it information onto their records, that I have a Gas Home Care from BG for maintance and safty test Certificate. I had comfirmation that this has been updated, but they still send out requests for them to arrange Gas saftey check. There is no one point to voice your concerns and every email you recieve is from someone different. They are very quick to email you if it concerns them taking a comission, anything else, you dont get any reponse.

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Answer all emails from their clients Have one point of contact make sure at the outset that all the clients records are correct and signed off by them. always contact their client by there prefered way... eg in my case by email my contact address for info only.”

4. 1

A 1-star review by 'Olivia' 8/6/2014

Branch:
    64 High Street (Bristol) (Avon)
    BA2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Just very disappointed with "Your Move"'s attitude towards our offer negotiations in a house really...
    In the final offers they never got back to us with the other Buyer offer and had the property as "Sold"! Awful and very unprofessional attitude! We just lost the property which ticked all the boxes and were not given the right to bid for it! :(

5. 4

A 1-star review by 'P dhillon' 23/5/2014

Branch:
    49 High Street (Egham) (Egham) (Surrey)
    Tw18
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very Bad service, terrible outcome for us as buyers. We had put an offer of 525000 on a property and were in the middle of the paperwork ie getting the mortgage approved etc. and these guys got another cash buyer to put an offer an the property. They even kept on letting other people view the property, even after the initial offer was accepted.
    Highly disappointing, avoid at all costs, unless you are the sort of buyer who has lots of money and can go into open bidding.

6. 2

A 1-star review by 'lkp' 16/5/2014

Branch:
    3 Arcade Parade (Chessington) (Greater London)
    kt9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely shocking service, slow to respond to emails and phone calls, then on signing contracts had details wrong as well as direct debits details wrong. At moving in, given only one set of keys - soon found out they had lost the others, we complained, they delivered a set - not ours, had no idea whose they were.
    Two weeks after we moved in they phoned and said they'd 'made a mistake adding up' and needed another £250. We obviously refused and they have sorted this, but this is literally the only positive thing I have to say.
    Landlord has also had numerous issues with them from his side.
    Avoid like the plague - especially this branch.

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Been in anyway useful, helpful and accurate in their dealings with us.”

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'shams' 13/5/2014

Branch:
    2 Willow Parade (Slough) (Berkshire)
    Jenny last name
    sl3

Jenny last name

I am landlord. We were dealing with them for last 2 years.
    If you really need peace of mine, NEVER go to them, they will make it worst.
    I was dealing with Jenny @ renting side. To start with she didn’t inform us till last day that the tenants have failed credit check.
    We decided to go ahead with those tenants as our own decision & time constraints
    After 1.5 years, time for tenants to leave, check out should have been arranged . She didn’t care to do that as she wasn’t getting the business again.
    Check out agents were through their reference so they were contacted Jenny to... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“need to learn professionalism”

8. 1

A 1-star review by 'JM' 13/5/2014

Branch:
    32 Glumangate (Chesterfield) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    S41
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Your Move were already selling the house for us. It was empty and after 3 months we were then liable for full council tax. We decided as we live abroad to rent it out instead (full management), and Your Move had twice asked us to rent it as they had many people enquiring. We decided to go with them as it seemed the most simple option. Big mistake. If you study the small print you find they charge for all sorts of things, and also keep £200 in reserve for meeting urgent repair costs. A 3 months inspection (done at 4 months) noted that a slipped roof tile was letting in rain and the bathroom... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Consider providing a good service instead of raking in as much money as possible. Organise branches to deal with issues instead of head office. Have one reliable contact name and number to resolve issues.”

9. 2

A 1-star review by 'Andrew PENKETH' 7/5/2014

Branch:
    1 Wilton Road (Abbey Wood) (London) (Greater London)
    se2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very dishonest person with me , claimed property is off the market, but is still showing it around to other potential buyers. If a buyer is sincere and has the money to buy the house, then it is just wrong to have the place still up for grabs, this is exactly whats wrong with the market.

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“the could have just been honest”

10. A 5-star review by 'Helen' 2/5/2014

Piers Edwards

Very helpful and attentive. Courteous and friendly.
    Achieved a good price for our home. Valuation was higher than those given by two other local agents and the price was achieved within the first couple of weeks of marketing.
    Job well done!