Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FREE Valuation

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.8 out of 5.0 based on 312 ratings. This website contains 309 user reviews of Your Move.

Offices / Branches

• 143 recommend
  • 169 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Your Move has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 04-Mar-2015 12:42:14

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 11)

1. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    118 High Street (Hampton Hill) (Greater London)
    Tw13
    £995
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rent a flats from your move office in Hampton hill and one day before my moving day the contact me to say the flats its no longer available and now I left with no place to live and I due to give birt to my first babe next week . Don't trust them they don't have any senses of human.

2. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    31 Cadzow Street ( ) (Hamilton) (South Lanarkshire)
    ML3
    £525
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Never have me and my partner been the sort of people to complain but this company based on my experience and by the looks of it many others is absolutely shocking. Moved into a property nearly 2 months ago now with my pregnant partner. Would be here all week if I was writing down the terrible experience we have went through. Basically took our moneyand have washed there hands with us. Moved into a property with cracked windows. A kitchen roof that was leaking with water back door handle that keeps coming off and key is stck in door which Is a security risk. Windows arent sealed right in there... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“PAID A 750 POUND DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE THATSFALLING APART.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Paid a 750 pound deposit for a house thatsfalling apart.”

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    PL4
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Staff are lovely as pie until you've paid the fees and already moved into the house, then they don't want to know you or help you.

4. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    se20
    £215000
    Clive Campbell

I recently sold my property through Your Move.Everything ran smoothly and my many questions were always answered promptly. Many thanks to Clive and his team for making the whole process relatively stress free.

£315000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I found everything was handled in a professional manner and was kept up to speed at all times with all matters concerning the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEM WITH THE AGENTS FEES”

David Cole
    se25
    £850
    David Cole

David Cole was superb to deal with - was friendly, and genuine. He had great way of understanding what I was looking for and went out of his way to ensure that I could view the flat as soon as possible.

He answered emails and telephone calls promptly and just generally made me feel reassured. Moving for me was a new beginning for me personally and he understood that my somewhat pedantic requests were important to me.

Thank you so much David! :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE NEVER GREAT ( I\'M NOT USED TO PAYING THEM IN CANADA ) HOWEVER AFTER THE SERVICE I RECEIVED, IT IS WELL WORTH IT AND UNDERSTANDABLE.”

7. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    33 London Street (Andover) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Becky , Clare
    RG28
    £499
    Becky Clare

Well What can I say about this company other than EXTREMELY TERRIBLE customer service. My other half had arranged to view a property through the Your Move Andover. Upon trying to arrange a earlier date and time was told the company DID NOT do weekend viewings but could arrange an earlier time on the original date. When phoning to confirm the viewing my other half was told very rudely and abruptly that the property had gone over the weekend through a viewing. Thought company did not do viewings???? After a lengthy debate regarding it I contacted the branch myself to speak to the Branch manager... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Better attitude Dont lie to future tenants Know the company policy Esspecially if you the manager”

8. A 5-star review by ''

Clive Campbell, Ian Roberts
    SE20
    Clive CampbellIan Roberts

We recently completed on the purchase of a property in South East London and had a positive experience with this branch. It was quite a complex set up on the vendors side but things were handled smoothly and the staff were always available at the end of the phone and assisted in moving the purchase forward. Clive in particular was proactive, kept us informed of progress and dealt with the situation very well. We feel that if Clive had not acted in the positive ways he did, perhaps the sale would have not been pushed through.

9. View All Comments (1)by n/a  16/02/2015

Thanks Daniel. I know you wanted to complete sooner so thank you for being patient. Hope you are happy in your lovely new home. Best Wishes Ian Roberts, Clive Campbell and the YOUR MOVE team at Crystal Palace.

Buying agent
    ex10
    Jim Edwards

Jim was very helpfull and did alot more than he needed to do, which made the buying process very easy. I cannot recommend Your Move Sidmouth highly enough
    Mr Purtell

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    11 The Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    hp2
    £160000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely reckless and disgusting so called service. They confirmed the property had been sold at the requested value and were waiting for paperwork to be exchanged. We contacted your move several times regarding the sale, each time the the required agent was never available, and told we would be contacted 'later that day' . They never returned our calls. After a period of weeks after trying to get them to return or calls they then informed that the sale had fallen through, even though they said it had been sold. A thoroughly reckless, unhelpful and disgusting service. Avoid at all costs. You would have less stress doing it yourself.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Ex10
    £152500
    Jim Edwards

We bought this property through this company and were so pleased with the service they provided that we also asked them to market and sell the property for us four years later when it was time for us to move on. The team at Your Move in Sidmouth are unfailingly polite, professional and enthusiastic and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Property Management
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Gave a fair quotation of the value of the property. On agreement of the terms, the property was put on the market promptly and viewings commenced immediately. We were kept up to date on all proceedings and the property was sold within 3 weeks.

3. A 5-star review by ''

ex10
    £315000
    Piers Edwards

I chose this agency because I was impressed with Piers and the general way in which he conducted business. He was not pushy (a fault of many agents) and I felt that he was very approachable and always willing to help, as too were Jim and Sally at the Sidmouth Office. Whilst our own property was not difficult to sell I know that Piers had a tricky time keeping things going in the chain and I was impressed with the professionalism throughout. My high marks reflect this.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS SURPRISED HOW EXPENSIVE AGENTS FEES WERE GENERALLY, ESPECIALLY AS WE PUT OUR HOUSE IN A GOOD SELLING POSITION. I DID FEEL THAT A FIXED PRICE WAS APPLIED FOR THE SAME TYPE OF PROPERTY, IRRESPECTIVE OF IT\'S CONDITION.”

4. A 5-star review by ''

Ex10
    £321000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Your Move in Sidmouth gave us a very good market valuation with a reasonable agents fee.
    They found us prospective buyers very quickly and handled all the viewings for us and feedback was given to us within 24 hours of the viewing.
    Offers were handled very professionally and we were given all the relevant information about the buyers position.
    The agent continued to keep in touch right through the selling process, keeping us updated on surveys etc.
    We would highly recommend Your Move in Sidmouth and wouldn't hesitate to use again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE, NO MORE THAN ANY OTHER AGENCY.”

Piers Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    Piers Edwards Sally  Bennetts
    Piers EdwardsSally Bennetts

We cannot fault the service we received when buying our house. Piers, Sally and the team were flexible and accommodating. We could call in anytime to gain a progress update and were always met with a warm welcome. As the purchase progressed, the team did their best to speed things up and to ensure that we could move in as soon as possible. We would recommend Your Move to anyone thinking of buying/selling and have been happy with the service we received, every step of the way.

£425000
    Piers Edwards

Having seen a house we wanted to buy we decided to put our house on the market. The idea of dealing with estate agents and having prospective buyers traipse through our house was not something we were looking forward to. However Piers and the Your Move team were great and made the whole process as painless as possible, from taking photos right through to keeping the chain of five transactions informed and pacified. Piers knows his market and business well, but was never a pushy salesman. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

7. A 5-star review by ''

Andrew Unknown
    SM2
    £210000
    Andrew Unknown

I recently purchased a flat through YourMove in Sutton and found their service exceptional from start to finish. I mainly dealt with Andrew, but Derek also helped me when Andrew wasn't available, and found both of them to be extremely helpful and polite. They dealt with any query I had quickly and always kept me informed and updated.

Andrew went well beyond what I was expecting from my agent. There were a number of issues that cropped up during the process and Andrew helped me resolve these as swiftly as possible to move the purchase along.

As a first-time buyer I was unfamiliar with... (read more)

8. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  23/02/2015

Many Thanks for your review. I'm glad we managed to guide you through the maze of buying your first home, and Andrew Ordona and Derek Liu have been commended from your comments.
  9. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    245 High Street (Dudley) (Dudley) (Aberdeen City)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    David George
    Dy2
    £140000
    David George

I found the staff very much below the standard I would expect when I am purchasing a property. I dealt with two guys called David, one was David George. Mr George took several phone calls when we attempted to buy the property and pretended to be in touch with the vendor. He even falsified answers about the house. When we visited instore he let his branch manager Tony talk for him. Tony apologised for him and Mr George sat behind him in silence staring at his screen. We found the branch manager rude and insensitive to the situation. He proclaimed that the vendor is who pays them so they work for the vendor and not the buyer... Effectively saying that it does not matter what we want to know about the property before buying it, as it isn't their concern. And that it doesn't matter about the conduct of his staff because we as buyers don't matter. Disgraceful store, never buying with your move ever! Avoid selling ur property with them to, as the customer is dealt with as above... You'll never sell it at that rate!

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Dealt with a customer in a polite truthful manner. Not lied about answers about the property, actually made the vendor aware of us as buyers. Upheld a level a management in his branch (tony) by dealing with his negligent staff there and then.”

Buying agent
    SM6
    Piers Edwards

My vendor bought her property through Piers and she has had nothing but praise for him and the other staff in the office. I found them to be incredibly professional and amiable throughout the process and I wish they were a closer office so we'd have dealings more often!
    Have a great 2015 Your Move in Sidmouth - you deserve it!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

SE20
    £215000
    Clive Campbell

On point from the start. Had my offer negotiated and accepted within a morning and always got a quick and straight answer whenever anything was needed. The exchange between my broker and the branch went smoothly and all in all highly recommended.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    31 Rolle Street (Exmouth) (Exmouth) (Devon)
    Ex8
    £290000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Superb service- simply the best agents I have ever encountered, which has prompted me to leave this review. Not only were the professional, courteous and patient in all our dealings with them, but the were proactive in the sale. Once we had sold there were a few holdups in the chain we were in and they were relentlous in the work they did to get us to exchange. I really can't praise the whole team highly enough. This is the first time I won't resent a penny of the agents fee- highly recommend them!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WILL NOT RESENT A PENNY!”

2. A 1-star review by ''

No branch selected
    M30
    £625
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am currently renting a property off Your Move in Eccles, I have had nothing but trouble since day one of moving in! I am now sat in a house, full of mould, none of the lights work, the heating is useless and has to be on 24/7 to even make the temperature comfortable, when it rains the ceilings in the bedrooms are actually wet! I have called the estate agents on several occasions and apparently "our issues are not a concern, if we had a burst pipe they would be worries, but mould isn't a problem to them". I am a very clean house proud person and the conditions they are expecting me... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY NEED TO LOOK AT GETTING BETTER EVALUATIONS COMPLETED ON THEIR PROPERTIES AS MY HOUSE IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT WORTH £625 PER MONTH! ALSO I HAVE BEEN ONLINE AND CHECKED OTHER PROPERTIES THEY SELL / RENT AND THEY OVER PRICE THEM ALL! AND TO TOP IT OFF, THERE ESTATE AGENTS FEES ARE THE HIGHEST I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN! AND YOU HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO MOVE OUT ONCE YOUR TENANCY IS COMPLETED?!?!”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Have respect in speaking with their customers over the phone. I have even spoken with the manager at head office and her attitude was worse that any of the other staff. They need to take their customers concerns and issues into action instead of treating them like crap as soon as money is exchanged! I will do everything within my power to ensure a bad name is spread about Your Move to ensure nobody else experiences the same issues i have. Home Estate agents any day!”

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 St Margarets Street (canterbury) (canterbury) (Kent)
    CT2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely useless agency. AVOID! Went there few times asking them to contact city council to confirm that my tenancy agreement was not for a year (as I had to pay taxes), was only for 6 months, they ignored me both times, finally when I managed to find the tenancy agreement and took it to the council,they called the agency themselves to double check, and what YOUR MOVE did is said that actually I lived there 8 months,basically added 2 extra months out of nowhere, absolutely ridiculous and they know it themselves. at the end i had to pay for the time that i didn't even live in the property. AVOID!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS I UNDERSTAND FEES SHOULD BE PAID WHEN AGENTS DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. I WAS RIPPED OFF.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“as i understand fees should be paid when agents doing what they are suppose to do. this was not the case. i was ripped off.”

4. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Mannamead Road (Mutley) (Plymouth) (Devon)
    Staff Member
    first name last name, first name last name
    PL!
    £900
    no photo no photo
    first name last namefirst name last name

The main issue is that they have just charged me double rent. They have apologised for their error over the phone, but haven't refunded it. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Here are their other incompetencies.

1) There were 25 keys in the house when we arrived. None of them were for any locks in our house.

2) There was no lock on the door, other than a huge antique skeleton key lock on the front door. The front door wouldn't stay closed unless this was locked, and we were only given one giant (6 inches long) key between 4 tenants.

3) When a deadlock was finally fitted, we were stood with the locksmith when he called Your-Move to enquire about how many keys should be cut. They said 3. 2 for the house and 1 for them. He said

Comments on the Agents fees

“REPEATED FEE\'S. PAPERWORK FEE\'S THAT REACH INTO THE HUNDREDS. MONEY GRABBERS.”

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Repeated fee\'s. Paperwork fee\'s that reach into the hundreds. Money grabbers.”

Branch:
    Estate House, 25 Warwick Row (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    michelle gorden
    No postcode selected.
    michelle gorden

First class service from Michelle and Surinder in purchasing a City Centre apartment. Effective liasing with myself, my solicitor and seller's solicitor to bring about a smooth and effortless purchase. Credit to Michelle and her team

They arranged our mortgage
    Sm3
    Nick Ward

Recently remortgaged with Nick and as always gives excellent service and advice. We have been using him for the past 10 years and recommend him to our friends

7. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  23/02/2015

Pleased to hear you've received a great service and look forward to helping your recommendations. Many thanks for your kind review.
  8. A 5-star review by ''

Nick Ward, George Fenton
    SM1
    £474
    Nick WardGeorge Fenton

My experience with this company has exceed my expectations in every way. The success is down to team work, from Nick Ward the financial advisor to the sales negotiators. In particular George Fenton, he was the main agent who sold my property. Nothing was too much trouble. some nights he was still showing at 7.30 pm, when his working day should have been finished half an hour ago. He even came in on his day off to facilitate the exchange date. Estate agents do not have a good reputation but I can honestly say I can not fault Your Moves service. I would definitely recommend them with no hesitations.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO ONE IS EVER PLEASED TO PART WITH THEIR MONEY, BUT UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCE I THINK THEY HAVE EARNED IT. I HAVE NO COMPLAINS.”

9. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  11/02/2015

Thank you so much for your review. We know we have to go above and beyond sometimes to get the job done ! Many Thanks

Andrew Sutton
    sm1
    £125000
    Andrew Sutton

I recently purchased a property through Your move Sutton Branch. I received a great service from them. Especially Andrew was great in communicating at right times and helped me lot to complete very quickly. I really appreciate Andrew's relentless effort to help me in completing the purchase. I would recommend them and use them again.

11. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  10/02/2015

Thankyou for your review. I'm glad you had a great service, and look forward to helping you with your home moving in the future.
  12. A 5-star review by ''

SM5
    £1050
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Efficient and thoughtful staff both in sales and in mortgage advice. They were very helpful in chasing up solicitors and other clients when things seemed to stagnate and kept me informed at all times. I hope to be using them again soon

13. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  10/02/2015

Thankyou Paul, and we look forward to dealing with you again in the future
  14. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by ''

They arranged our mortgage
    CR0
    £250000
    Nick Ward

Nick Ward was recommended to me by a family member, and having dealt with him, it's clear to see why. As a first time buyer I was nervous about getting my first mortgage. When the MMR rules came into play, I was even more nervous.

Nick was fantastic, a calming force and a really nice guy to boot. His advise was absolutely spot on and I could not be happier with the result. I absolutely recommend him and will certainly be using him again when the time comes.

15. View All Comments (1)by Phil Gulvin  10/02/2015

Many thanks for your comments Glenn. Nick is an asset to the service we can provide here at Your Move Sutton and he will be more than happy to help you again in the future, and of course any friends or family that maybe thinking of moving soon.

Page: