Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Your Move

Agent rating: 2.6 out of 5.0 based on 277 ratings. This website contains 274 user reviews of Your Move.

Offices / Branches

• 118 recommend
  • 159 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Your Move Estate Agents are a forward thinking Estate agent, putting the customer first, with branches throughout the UK. We also offer mortgages, remortgages,
conveyancing, life insurance.

Your Move has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Your Move, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

Page last updated on: 24-Nov-2014 20:35:50

1. A 5-star review by 'Elizabeth Hodgson' 22/11/2014

Philip Hiatt, Sue
    RH10
    £412000

Philip HiattSue

I shall always be grateful that Your Move was recommend to me when I wanted to sell my bungalow. Philip and Sue were professional, courteous and friendly at all times and right from Philip's first visit to value the property, I felt reassured that I would receive an excellent service. Any query I had was answered promptly and I was kept informed on progress at all times. The icing on the cake, was on moving day when Philip collected the keys for me and my buyers and brought them to my bungalow. I would have no hesitation in using Your Move Philip Hiatt again.

2. A 5-star review by 'Joan O\'Toole' 22/11/2014

Branch:
    2-3 Regent Parade Brighton Road (Sutton) (Greater London)
    George Fenton, Andrew Sutton
    SM1
    £232000

George FentonAndrew Sutton

Phil the Manager valued the property for us and our first impressions were very profession and he really knew his market and area. We had total confidence in the team especially George who kept us informed of developments as they progressed. When George was not available Andrew would always know or would find out and get straight back to us. We would definitely use the Sutton office again - very positive experience.

3. A 5-star review by 'Island-bound' 16/11/2014

£450000

Philip Hiatt

Philip Hiatt valued our property, and acheived the target price for us within two weeks. We found him to be highly professional, and a firm but diplomatic negotiator. He didn't lose interest once our buyer was found, and proved a very effective 'go-between' throughout the transaction when problems arose (as they always do). Philip and Sue were always there to calm us down and offer practical advice when we were stressed. You-Move East Grinstead are not just house sellers, they offer a complete service, and were definately our best move.

4. A 5-star review by 'Island-bound' 16/11/2014

£450000

5. A 5-star review by 'Vanessa Poucher' 9/11/2014

Piers Edwards, Jim Edwards

Piers EdwardsJim Edwards

We had exceptional customer service throughout the whole period of selling my mother's house. Piers initially met with us to explain the procedure and then returned to take measurements & photos. Both Jim and Sally showed numerous people the property but always ensured my mother (now in her mid-eighties) knew well in advance when the viewings were. My mother also bought another property via Your Move Edwards and again had a very positive experience.
    Overall the service we received could not have been faulted and I would like to thank everyone in the office in particulare for their excellent communication and patience. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE AGREED AT INITIAL VISIT AND WE FELT WERE FAIR.”

6. A 4-star review by 'Andrew Layton-Hill' 7/11/2014

No branch selected
    £185000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very professional and reliable service provided throughout. Met us on site, every time. Delivered what they said they would and dealt with us in a good no nonsense manner.

“N/A”

7. A 5-star review by 'Don\'t know what this means' 7/11/2014

Piers Edwards, Sally Bennetts
    £233500

Piers EdwardsSally Bennetts

We were more than happy with the service provided by Your Move Edwards, Sidmouth, Devon. Piers, Sally and Jim afforded us an excellent service. They were always polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They were with us every step of the way.

8. A 5-star review by 'Margaret and Barry Watson' 5/11/2014

£208000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All members of staff provided a prompt and efficient level of service during the sales process and were courteous throughout. In our absence, they managed viewings very well, leaving the property safe and secure on each occasion, as well as providing follow-up details as to how each viewing went.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPETITIVELY STRUCTURED RELATIVE TO THE LOCAL MARKET.”

9. 10
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'Sam' 2/11/2014

Branch:
    118 High Street (Hemel Bay) (Hemel Bay) (Kent)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    ct6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Waste of time and unprofessional,,, I went with another agent in Herne Bay in which i got a great professional service and sold my property for me fast.

10. A 1-star review by 'chandlight' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    Orchard House 2 Victoria Square (Droitwich) (Worcestershire)
    WR9
    Rent PCM
    £650
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It was terrible experience dealing with this agent and their staff.

They gave our information to some energy company without our agreement or even knowledge. Caused real confusion on our energy bill that left us to deal with and still dealing with. I cannot think of on what base they think they should be involved in our domestic choice on the energy company and move us around between the companies. And there's very poor handover on the metre reading and we are being charged for the time that we haven't even got the keys.

They requested us to add one more name on the lease (though... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“To start with, be honest and say what you have promised to do.”

1. 1
    person found this

A 4-star review by 'Joan Giddings' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    2-3 Regent Parade Brighton Road (Sutton) (Greater London)
    Andrew
    SM2
    £235000

Andrew

My contact at Your Move was Andrew. I found him to be very kind and helpful throughout the weeks that it took to sell my flat. Buying and selling property is stressful and Andrew made life less so for me. Thank you, Your Move and Andrew in particular.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs.L.F.Lever' 10/10/2014

Jim Edwards, Piers Edwards

Jim EdwardsPiers Edwards

Agents executed a most thorough transaction for us in selling & also buying, kept us fully informed at all stages, offered advice, all staff members were courteous and extremely efficient. We would certainly make use of their efficiency at any further stage.

“PRETTY REASONABLE.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Roger Seadon' 10/10/2014

Branch:
    Estate House, 25 Warwick Row (Coventry) (West Midlands)
    michelle gorden
    cv2
    £183

michelle gorden

In the long process of selling my house after many weeks with different agents I went to your move Coventry There agent Helen came out who was the first member of the team for me to meet From this point forward it was evident the team was serious being very Pro active with there approach As keen to sell my house as I was to move It has to be said that during the visits by many prospective clients several of the team members spent more time in my house than they did there own The star of the team with out question has to be Michelle Gorden It was her skills that helped capture my now current buyer. A very formidable team player although she did not try to move in as her team mates did. A very big thank you to the team

Comments on the Agents fees

“POSSIBLY THE LOWEST POSSIBLE”

4. A 5-star review by 'Trudi Dorman' 10/10/2014

£255000

Jim Edwards

The service we received from Jim was very efficient. He even chased things that perhaps wasn't up to him to do, so that things moved more swiftly and smoothly. I had a phone call most weeks to advise me how things were going and at what stage we were at. I would certainly recommend them to friends and colleagues.

5. A 1-star review by 'Derrick' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    4 Hollybush Terrace Westow Street Upper Norwood (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE19
    £235000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Your move made me a counter offer. I accepted. They agreed to take the property off the market. They induced me into acting fast and withheld vital inforation about the property. After i had spent fees, i found out that the property was still being marketed and that it had been put onto auction before my completion date agreed. They only sent my memorandum of sale after i had paid fees and instructed solicitors. I ended up being gazumped but it was ok for them to gamble a commission using my non refundable fees. I kept calling the branch and got no replies. I emailed and got no replies. I... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“they could have saved the deal or taken me seriously. they could have returned my calls and accepted that they gambled with my money. their staff could have been nicer to talk to and not so patronising and dissmissive. they could have acted faster and offered to repay my fees because they knew that they lost me the property.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Barbara Gledhill' 29/9/2014

£327500

Philip Hiatt

We were impressed by Philip's straightforward and professional manner. He and Sue always responded promptly to our telephone calls and emails about the progress of the sale of our property.
    Their integrity may be trusted completely, a rare statement to make about most professionals involved with the buying and selling of property.

7. A 5-star review by 'Nigel Smith' 26/9/2014

£192500

Piers Edwards

Originally purchased property through Piers some 7 years ago. On deciding to sell the property the firsr choice was Piers at Sidmouth , that should say it all .

Excellant service, prompt, polite, knowledgeble & efficient .

I would also go as far as to say it was quite an enjoyable experience .

Good team also at the office.

Job Well Done

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVERALL VERY HAPPY BUT WOULD SAY COMMISSION PAID BY SOLICITOR TO AGENT WAS CONSIDERABLE , A LARGE % OF THE OVERALL BILL FROM THE SOLICITOR WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THAT TO BE REDUCED FROM THE 1.5% OVERALL SALE FEE.”

8. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Smash' 26/9/2014

Branch:
    99 The Parade, High Street (Watford) (Hertfordshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely useless letting agency. They charge the tenants a lot but do not care about the Tenants at all. They don't stick to agreed check-in/payment dates. Have no courtesy to arrange for fixing any problem in the property. Having a bad time dealing with these guys. They give false information before signing up for the property just finish the deal. Please avoid at any cost.

9. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Baber' 23/9/2014

Philip Hyatt, Sue
    £295000

Philip HyattSue

We found Philip and his assistant Sue to be very professional, helpful and friendly at every stage of the purchase of the property we chose. As an example they liaised closely with the vendors solicitors on several points that needed attention. The branch was a clear leader above other agents in the area that we had contacted.

10. A 1-star review by 'wombat' 23/9/2014

Branch:
    21 Marmion Road (Southsea) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    po1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I got left with a treat a thousand pounds worth of bills and council tax, although I was paying for a fully managed service.
    Steer clear of them!

1. A 5-star review by 'Neill' 21/9/2014

, Sidmouth Sidmouth
    £163000

Sidmouth Sidmouth

Good company to use, kept informed of any feedback or developments, polite and friendly Piers and Jim
    certainly know their job and I would be happy to use them again.

2. A 5-star review by 'Daniel John Perryman' 20/9/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Both me and my partner have been renting properties for a few years and we feel this company have been the friendliest and most co operative by far and would recommend your move to friends and family.

3. A 1-star review by 'Anonymous' 17/9/2014

Branch:
    28 London Road (Southampton) (Hampshire)
    , Southampton Southampton
    SO1

Southampton Southampton

When I saw the house everything was perfect and easy, we agreed on all the terms and everything was settled. I paid the fees (£300!) but I was sure I was making the right choice. But then the problems started. I had sent about 4 emails and called them twice asking about it since it was taking a long time. Finally they told me everything was fine and nothing to worry about. Later they called me again saying that my referencing for some reason didn't pass and they didn't accept a guarantor from outside UK (as a young foreigner is not like I have lots of family and house-owner friends around... (read more)

What could Your Move do to change your mind??

“Just don\'t say one thing to get the tenancy agreed and then they change it when it\'s too late to back out...”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  4. View All Comments (1)by char  09/11/2014

i put a holding deposit down in the bognor branch. All was going well referancing went in ,asked if i could move in a week later due to surgery there was no problem as was honest about having had past rent arreas, i get a call 2 days before hospital that i was declined because of this, im not sure why they didnt say in first place waste of time and money.
  5. A 5-star review by 'Owner/Landlord' 17/9/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In all our dealings with Your Move Sidmouth Lettings we have found all members of the team to be professional, courteous and extremely pleasant. The advice given to us by our two main contacts has been invaluable in guiding us to make the correct legal decisions.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES IN LINE WITH INDUSTRY PROACTICE AND REASONABLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT, WORK AND GUIDANCE GIVEN TO LANDLORDS.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Mia Clay' 15/9/2014

Sally Bennetts
    £245000

Sally Bennetts

Your Move, and particularly Sally, were fantastic from start to finish in the purchase of our first home together. When registering with Your Move we were kept up to date with any properties that might meet our preferred specification and needs, until the perfect house came up which we were immediately alerted too. This lead us to put in an offer and secure our dream home, all with the help and advice from the team who made the process completely smooth and stress free. Thanks team

“REASONABLE”

7. A 4-star review by 'hayley h' 14/9/2014

£163500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

brought our 2 bedroom house through your move office in Sidmouth. All members of staff were extremely helpful in this process and accommodating us to be able to go into the property at convenient times to measure up and view the property. Piers and colleagues were also extremely helpful in dealing with questions and queries that we had and putting them forward to the seller.

8. A 5-star review by 'lucy' 14/9/2014

ex10
    £165000

Jim Edwards

Jim helped us sell two properties which he went above and beyond his role as an estate agents.we really cannot thank him enough and he should be recognised for all of his hard work.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY FOR THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Gregory' 12/9/2014

£239000

Piers Edwards

The staff at Your Move Sidmouth were wonderful. Firstly I bought the house from Piers Edwards several years ago, the sale was made easy with wonderful customer service, Secondly yourmove assisted me rented out our property until we were ready to sell, they found a great tenant. Thirdly when we were ready to sell we again used Piers Edwards at Yourmove. A buyer was found very quickly. The house was settled within 3 months with no worries or hassles.
    Piers Edwards and staff always kept me up to date regularly with the sale of the house. I would certainly use Piers and Yourmove at Sidmouth again wether to buy rent or sell.

“STANDARD FEES APPLIED.”

10. A 5-star review by 'Amanda' 11/9/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought and sold through Your Move in Sidmouth twice now. I wouldn't use anyone else as my experience is that they are thoroughly professional, very good at their job and frankly a delight to deal with. My current move was quite stressful and they were v supportive whilst I was having a mini meltdown at times, keeping me informed with a calm reassuring presence throughout.

That aside, at the end of the day I wanted my house sold at the best possible price and they achieved that for me - result !

11. A 5-star review by 'Caroline Morris' 11/9/2014

£232750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Using Your Move in Sidmouth for my recent property purchase was a very pleasant experience. All the staff I had personal dealings with were friendly, helpful, efficient and particularly good at keeping in contact and advising me of progress throughout the often stressful process of buying and moving in.

Page: