Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Wooster and Stock

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 142 ratings. This website contains 141 user reviews of Wooster and Stock.

Filter Reviews

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Mission
Providing Sellers a truly excellent experience using premium quality marketing, thoughtful negotiation and clear communication every step of the way.

Company Overview
In the late 1990s our founder was trying to sell his period house in Peckham.....and getting nowhere. It was a beautiful, early Victorian property on four floors but the agents didn't seem to know how to market it. After months of frustration he decided to set up his own agency and do the job properly.

Description
Wooster & Stock is a full service estate agency dealing with the best properties in south London. Our sensational new Brixton and Nunhead offices mean we can now service clients much further both south and west and a revamped Sydenham office is attracting attention.

We believe in doing as much as we can in-house. We have our own photographers, our own writers and our own graphic designers. These services are central to our ethos of a complete and high quality offer for clients. First photography, floor plans, location maps, and refreshing descriptions are all quickly prepared for exposure on our market leading website and sent instantly to the right people.

Wooster and Stock has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Wooster and Stock, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 5)

Page last updated on: 23-Apr-2014 01:24:33

1. A 5-star review by 'Emma C' 16/3/2014

Ali Devlin, London London
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

During what was quite a long and protracted process, Ali was always extremely helpful and communicative. She ensured that we were frequently kept up to date and when we were keen to exchange, did her utmost to solve problems and reduce delays. I would thoroughly recommend Wooster & Stock and will be using them again in the future.

2. A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled' 11/3/2014

Property Management
    Graham Lacey, Bruce Alsen
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

As property managers, they let a large property to us without cleaning properly (dust, debris and mold), one bedroom was uninhabitable for the first two weeks due to refurbishment work that we were told was finished but wasn't, mountain of rubbish bags left outside front door, gas leak at time of moving in deemed "imminent threat to life" by British Gas, external doors and windows not lockable. Refusal to take responsibility for or deal with issues. Property not managed well (by same company) during previous tenancy and property not in a fit state when let to us.

What could Wooster and Stock do to change your mind??

“Agent could have taken responsibility for issues with the house and honoured their management contract to look after the house and maintain the property.”

Report Abuse 3 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  3. View All Comments (2)by Management  14/03/2014

We’re sorry you’ve had such a bad experience renting your property and any distress this may have caused. Please note, Wooster & Stock (Lettings) LLP was sold over a year ago and Luke Wooster Ltd t/as Wooster & Stock is a new company concentrating their efforts purely on sales. The individuals mentioned in your review do not work for Wooster & Stock and do not represent us as a company in any way. I would encourage you to contact the individuals involved directly to solve any disputes. We hope you have better luck renting in the future. All the best, Wooster & Stock.
  4. 2

A 5-star review by 'Ellen' 6/3/2014

Luke Bishop, Charlie Lester
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to thank the staff at Wooster & Stock's Brixton office for making the sale of our Brixton home run as smoothly as possible. In particular, Luke Bishop was a fantastic agent. He was reliable, returned messages and emails promptly and was always a pleasure to deal with. Luke handled tricky and sensitive negotiations with a calm and courteous patience which, in the end, got us the best possible price for our property. The whole operation was five star (but not at a five star price!) from start to finish. I cannot rate the photographer and his vivid and imaginative description of the property highly enough. This is surely one of the most unique and captivating features of Wooster & Stock's services. The process was as painless and possible and I would not hesitate to enthusiastically recommend Wooster & Stock to my friends in the future.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Stephen' 19/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wooster and Stock offered excellent cusotmer service and were patient and supportive in what can be a very stressful process . Quick response times to queiries. Always on the ball. Friendly. Professional. 5/5

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jenny + four' 17/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The time between offering on this property and moving in was much longer than we expected it to be and probably longer than average. However at every stage in our protracted negotiations with the vendors, Thanh was fair and honest in his assessment and handling of the problems. I do wonder whether we would have proceeded with this purchase if we had not received such helpful service from Thanh.
    Thank you Wooster and Stock, If I had used Foxtons, I would still be looking!!

7. 2

A 5-star review by 'Sam' 6/2/2014

SE26
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

When I decided to sell my property I did something that most people would. I invited 5 estate agents into my home to discuss the value of my property and the best way to sell as quickly as possible.

Estate agents notoriously have a bad reputation. 4/5 of these estate agents lived up to this. Coming into my home to tell me how great they are at selling. 3 of them claimed to be number 1 in the area, 1 was hardly awake and none of them listened to my needs as a seller. This is where Wooster and Stock are different. They came into my home and talked about me and my desires for the sale. This... (read more)

8. 3

A 5-star review by 'Eliza & Dan Gluckman' 5/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We originally put our property on with one of the large, shiny agents and regretted it soon afterwards. Scores of traffic but no one serious, over pricing and a lack of personal interest by the agents. Then we switched to Wooster & Stock which was our local agent. They were brilliant: focused, interested, honest, patient. The market was (is) grim, competitive, unyielding, unfair and I met many many agents along the way and always found W&S good to talk to. In terms of our sale Luke negotiated us through a wobbly patch calmly and with determination. We sold through W&S, completing in Jan 2014. Charlie was considerate and helpful. We would highly recommend them as a team.

9. A 5-star review by 'Josh' 16/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I can highly recommend Wooster & Stock as an estate agent. This was the second time I have used them to sell a property for me. Their valuation was accurate and they achieved an excellent price from a chain free cash buyer. Julia handled the sale very professionally and dealt with the occasional, inevitable glitch very efficiently from initial offer through to completion.

10. A 5-star review by 'First time buyer in Peckham' 15/1/2014

Ali Devlin
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Myself and my partner were first time buyers and from our first communication with Wooster and Stock right through to moving into our property, they were absolutely fantastic! The estate agent we dealt with went out of her way to be helpful in the very stressful 5 months leading up to our completion.

She took us through the process step by step, always there to answer our questions and assure us on the next steps and the progress of the purchase. We can not recommend them enough!

11. A 5-star review by 'Robinson2go' 13/1/2014

Thanh Phan
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We bought our house from Thanh at Wooster and Stock in 2006. He was direct and honest - a breath of fresh air in the Foxtons era. When it came to selling, seven years later, we talked to a number of estate agents and again chose Wooster and Stock - partly because of our good experience when buying, partly because their suggested price seemed right, partly because their rate was the lowest. They are good people to buy and sell through and they take some pride in what they do. They make your property look its best and help you to get a good price. They're all good on the phone, informative, straightforward. Somehow, they manage to stay head and shoulders above any other estate agent I have encountered.

1. A 5-star review by 'SJN' 17/12/2013

Robert Huntly, Daniel
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I could not recommend this company more highly. I sold and bought through them in the past year and have found them to be professional, caring and effective. They kept me fully informed though out the process and best of all got me a great offer. I found the 'help van' along with Rob and Daniel invaluable when dealing with the stress of the move. Such a great concept! Thank you to everyone at Wooster and Stock. It was a pleasure working with you and a relief to find an agency that doesn't bore you with jargon.

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'Alice Barclay' 15/11/2013

SE23
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We found Wooster & Stock incredibly honest, efficient & friendly right from the valuation to completion date. They have a thorough & well founded knowledge of the local area based on their own experience and on sound research, They did exactly what they said they would do, always to time; as well as that they were always prepared to listen to our specific needs & offer advice about our situation. We never felt rushed or pressurized into making decisions or finding somewhere to buy, but they kept the process moving with both sets of solicitors and always made sure that the next step was being dealt with on both sides. Highly recommended.

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Becky_p' 11/11/2013

Ali Devlin
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Recently sold our flat through W&S having bought it through them 10 years ago. Marketing was swift and we had a good number of viewings immediately which were organised in to one day thus minimising disruption for us and our neighbours.

Ali Devlin (the agent handling our sale) kept us up to date throughout and following a number of little quibbles arranged all the necessary appointments for work to be quoted on etc. we felt she went over and above what we expected an agent to do. She was always friendly, polite and quick to respond.

4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Andrew Alston' 6/11/2013

Julia Russell, Ali ?
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would just like to say how impressed with Wooster Stock I was in selling my flat this week. Julia Russell who actually handled the sale was an excellent agent who came across as very experienced, efficient and professional, returned my calls immediately and kept me informed regularly with viewer's feedback and well updated during the sales process. Paul who photographed the Flat did an excellent job, the write up was perfect and communication with all the other members of the team, especially when I visited the office, was always bright, cheery and professional. The Saturday people were also very eager and informative. I've been involved in Sales skills training for 15 years and I'd say they got it just right!

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jessica' 5/11/2013

Molly Comens
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Molly was proactive and efficient in every possible way. I was wavering about buying the property and she got in touch in a timely manner but wasn't pushy.
    She always followed up quickly and was very helpful about arranging access when required by us.
    She was friendly and outgoing and always bubbly.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Matt' 1/11/2013

Molly Commens, Aimee Fancourt
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agents gave a thorough and accurate description of the pricing and the steps they would follow to sell the property. The communication was excellent with regular updates and I managed to sell my property in a relatively short time.

7. 2

A 4-star review by 'CHebblet' 1/11/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We've had dealings with Wooster and Stock a few times over the last few years, while we decided whether to sell or not. Throughout they've been professional, courteous- and patient!
    Overall we've been very impressed and would not have gone with any other agency.

8. 5

A 5-star review by 'Liz Cranwell-Ward' 25/10/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

On a lovely sunny day i bit the bullet and entered into the premises of Wooster and Stock on Brixton hill .
    I was greeted by Luke Bishop and offered a seat and refreshments .At all times Luke and my personal negotiator Charlie Lester were a pleasure to Know .
    Gentlemen in a first class way , great communictors , problem solvers and reassuring at every stage of the process of selling our family home .
    I have absoultly no reservations in recommending the Brixton office and the Sydenham office and all the staff at those branches as being top class professionals in the often difficult world of... (read more)

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Greg Jarvis' 25/10/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very good experience with Wooster & Stock buying our first property. Julia was great to deal with and the completetion executed extremely well. Highly recommended!

10. 3

A 5-star review by 'Karen Penketh' 24/10/2013

Gemma Whelan, Luke Bishop
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I asked Wooster & Stock to value my house with a view to putting it on the market at the same time as I had asked others. W & S gave a very early appointment and (Luke Bishop) was so upbeat and positive about being the right agent to sell my property I was encouraged to sign with them. I had put my house on the market before with very little activity but, after a very positive review of the property (by Gemma) we were on.

The viewings came thick and fast, so much so on one particular afternoon there were four viewings. I was so overwhelmed I had to go and sit in my car until... (read more)

1. A 5-star review by 'Andy' 22/10/2013

Jade Woolacott
    SE23
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Being a first time buyer I was very wary in my dealings with Estate Agents and planned for the worst with regards to trusting and relying upon then im my search for a new property. Upon now having exchanged on my first property, my experience of doing so can be nothing further from that initial perception. I have been thoroughly impressed with the honesty, integrity and communication in all my dealings with Wooster and Stock and would recommend them to any buyer or seller. The first thing that impressed me was the advert for the property. I found the write up to be much more informative than... (read more)

2. 3

A 5-star review by 'Christine warwicker' 15/10/2013

Luke Bishop, Charlie Lester
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wooster and Stock selected exactly people who were serious buyers, hence the first viewers purchased my house! They recommended a short list of solicitors. Assisted with transport in moving my daughter to her flat and lastly helped me out with extra boxes that I needed. They were excellent in deed.

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'V Fraser' 22/9/2013

Luke Wooster
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The real local knowledge that Wooster Stock bring meant that despite valuing our much loved house at a figure significantly higher than the other 3 agents who viewed it, Luke Wooster was entirely confident that they could achieve the price. He was proved right when we got an asking price offer in two weeks. The showing and sale were handled by Julia Russell who is expert, professional and always easy to contact. It was clear that our purchasers found her as approachable and friendly as we did. The details produced for our house are worth a special mention too; beautiful photography and blurb with wit!

4. 2

A 5-star review by 'Will Beck' 8/9/2013

, Aimee Fancourt
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wooster and Stock are rightly the premier agents in this part of South East London.
    This must be due primarily to the refreshing approach to the customer- there are no tricksy ploys used to either snare business or attract panic-buys; instead they value well and accurately and expend effort taking great photos and writing appealing descriptions, then do what they can to smooth the two halves of the sale.
    It's not applied calculus, but it is rarer than it should be. One can only hope that other agencies learn something from their successful approach.

5. 2

A 5-star review by 'Sean Mckillop' 8/9/2013

SE20
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From valuation to completion Wooster and Stock provided an excellent service. There were no silly unrealistic valuations just to get our business. They supported the valuation they gave very well and worked very hard to sell the property. Eschewing the increasingly popular, and in my opinion lazy, option of cramming in as many people to an hour long "open day" in favour of individual viewings (which as a buyer myself I very much appreciate). The quality of the photographs and the property description were very impressive. We were regularly updated on progress and Woosters were always very quick to respond to us when contacted. All in all Wooster and Stock were thoroughly professional and we would have no hesitation at all in recommending them.

6. 2

A 5-star review by 'Adam Hearn' 27/8/2013

SE20
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having bought, sold and looked for a few properties the best recommendation I can give is that dealing with Wooster & Stock is not like dealing with an estate agent at all.
    The day to day business was dealt with efficiently and the financial part regarding bidding and offers was honourable and transparent to all concerned. They understood concerns about access and privacy and made sure there was a member of staff present for each of the numerous tradesmen's visits on behalf of the buyers.
    Their property sales notes, reading more like a magazine feature, are maybe a bit flowery but serve to make your property really stand out from the crowd and are pitched to give prospective buyers more of a feel for the home and area than the bare facts could - and the photos are very good indeed. They are happy to give you time to chat through and advise on any aspect of the process.
    Wooster and Stock came highly recommended having recently sold other houses in the street and did not disappoint.

7. 5

A 5-star review by 'Rob' 7/8/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I got a few valuations from other estate agents but I found that Luke Bishop was definitely the closest to the way I was thinking. This was not the "let's go as high as we can" valuation but the most realistic price we can get to actually sell the flat.
    The photos were great and the flat description was a masterpiece in itself - I shall never forget the opening words of the description ..."Be still thy beating heart, this flat will sell itself".
    And it did.
    We had about 5 or 6 offers in the first 3 weeks - we accepted one - but this fell through because the buyer... (read more)

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Matthew Corrie' 1/8/2013

Dominique Spens
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently bought my first property through Wooster and Stock. The service I got was phenomenal and Dominique was always happy to help with what was quite a complicated purchase. I had been looking in the area for a while and I can honestly say that there is no comparison between these agents and some of the others I used. I would strongly recommend Wooster and Stock and I will certainly use them again in the future.

9. 3

A 5-star review by 'markmc1' 18/7/2013

Julia Russell
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Julia was forthright, formidable and above all honest and efficient. Our purchase wasn't the most straightforward through reasons higher up in the chain but she was always there... even on her days off!

We would recommend Wooster and Stock purely on dealing with her, as we had very little dealings elsewhere.

It was our first time buying and we felt very happy that she was in our corner!

10/10

10. 4

A 5-star review by 'J' 17/7/2013

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Luke Bishop and the team from Wooster and Stock-Brixton branch were an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    We were so impressed by Luke’s professionalism and courtesy when he came to meet us. His expert knowledge of the market resulted in our house being sold at asking price on the very first day of viewings.
    Wooster and Stock marketed our property beautifully, nothing was too much trouble for them, and care we received throughout the entire process was outstanding.
    I thoroughly recommend them