Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Wooster and Stock

Agent rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 155 ratings. This website contains 154 user reviews of Wooster and Stock.

Filter Reviews

• 23 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Mission
Providing Sellers a truly excellent experience using premium quality marketing, thoughtful negotiation and clear communication every step of the way.

Company Overview
In the late 1990s our founder was trying to sell his period house in Peckham.....and getting nowhere. It was a beautiful, early Victorian property on four floors but the agents didn't seem to know how to market it. After months of frustration he decided to set up his own agency and do the job properly.

Description
Wooster & Stock is a full service estate agency dealing with the best properties in south London. Our sensational new Brixton and Nunhead offices mean we can now service clients much further both south and west and a revamped Sydenham office is attracting attention.

We believe in doing as much as we can in-house. We have our own photographers, our own writers and our own graphic designers. These services are central to our ethos of a complete and high quality offer for clients. First photography, floor plans, location maps, and refreshing descriptions are all quickly prepared for exposure on our market leading website and sent instantly to the right people.

Wooster and Stock has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Wooster and Stock, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 6)

Page last updated on: 30-Oct-2014 01:28:45

1. A 5-star review by 'Seb' 19/9/2014

Se26
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Everything ran smoothly from the day I signed the contract to the day I exchanged: efficient, friendly Jade (or her colleagues in her absence) who always replied to my emails. The free help van was also a big bonus when it was time to move out. Would highly recommend this agency

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'James' 12/9/2014

Millie Dean, Luke Bishop
    SW4

Millie DeanLuke Bishop

Wooster & Stock, and Millie in particular, worked tirelessly to accelerate the sale of my property and ensure I was happy with every aspect of the deal. At no point did I feel I was dealing with 'an estate agent', but an organisation that was really working for my benefit first. Nothing was too much trouble and Millie kept, through no fault of her own, a drawn out sale on track. Organised and efficient, I would highly recommend them.

3. A 5-star review by 'William M' 29/8/2014

Luke Bishop, Charlie Lester

Luke BishopCharlie Lester

I wanted to provide some feedback on the service that I have received in respect of my sale of 4a Dumbarton Road, which Wooster & Stock handled.

To begin with, Luke was excellent right from instruction and provided excellent advice. Charlie has been equally brilliant and his negotiation skills really helped to get us to the point of exchange. Both have been exceptional and I will continue to recommend your company to friends, neighbours and colleagues.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Mary Dauman' 14/8/2014

Ali Devlin, Ali Devlin

Ali DevlinAli Devlin

We have just reached completion on our purchase of the above property after a fairly complicated process. Throughout this, Ali Devlin was consistently professional and pleasant to deal with, always patient and ready to help smooth out various problems tht arose. We would definitely use Wooster and Stock's services again.

5. A 4-star review by 'SNS' 24/7/2014

se15
    £505000

Molly Comens

The agents were pretty helpful, chasing things for our solicitors, friendly on the phone and in person and efficient at helping us through the process. They mediated well between seller, sitting tenants and ourselves. Also, when we left some of our possessions at the property during a viewing by mistake, they collected them and kept them safe which was much appreciated. All in all a good bunch as these things go.

6. A 5-star review by 'R Davies' 14/7/2014

Molly Commens, Luke Bishop
    £335000

Molly CommensLuke Bishop

All staff I deal with were always helpful and courteous throughout the sale process of my flat, with questions replied to very promptly. Wooster+Stock achieved a good offer quickly with excellent marketing materials to display the flat in the best possible light. Molly spent time checking up and down the chain to make sure things were progressing and to make exchange and completion happen as quickly and as smoothly as possible. The help van and moving men provided as part of the package were extremely useful when moving out. I would recommend Wooster+Stock to friends and family.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS ALSO VERY HAPPY WITH THE FEE CHARGED, WHICH WAS COMPETITIVE COMPARED TO OTHER LOCAL AGENTS.”

7. A 4-star review by 'Angela' 8/7/2014

£265000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My property was on the market for less than 24 hours. The agency found me serious buyers and the sale went through without any hitches.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'P Dixon' 26/6/2014

Jade Woolacott
    SE26
    £455000

Jade Woolacott

I engaged Wooster and Stock exclusively to sell my property in South London. I am based overseas in Australia, and required a high level of communication and attention in this sale as I was not there to personally oversee many things and was out of touch with the housing market there.

From the outset, Wooster and Stock came up with a realistic valuation of the property and sound advice on the market conditions along with assurances of the interest they would be able to generate in the property at that level. Sure enough, in the first week Jade Woollacott was updating me as to the numerous... (read more)

9. A 5-star review by 'Leo' 24/6/2014

£540000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Had a really smooth experience with Wooster and Stock, a huge thank you to Ali and colleagues for coming and meeting us whenever necessary with keys so we could get quotes and builders to start as soon as we exchanged. Highly recommend.

10. A 5-star review by 'P Jeffrey' 21/5/2014

Gemma Whelan, Molly Comens

Gemma WhelanMolly Comens

The purchase of the property was made extremely easy by the high level of communication from the agent involved, Gemma Whelan, at times there required a lot of liasing and contact between all parties for the deal to be completed and this was accomplished with her help.

1. 3

A 1-star review by 'peterc' 15/5/2014

Luke Wooster
    se19
    Would you use the agent again? No

Luke Wooster

I was gazumped just before exchange on a property in crystal palace. To give some background this property had been listed for over a year at an extremely high price. When my offer was finally accepted I was told that the vendor (a property developer) was a close associate of Luke Wooster and wanted a quick exchange is 28 days. That suited me as I had nowhere to sell. The vendor then proceeded to wait three weeks before sending any information to my solicitor. My suspicions were immediately raised that they were stalling in the hope of finding another buyer, although I had no proof. Things... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by Wooster & Stock  16/05/2014

Wooster & Stock are obliged by law to put forward every offer received prior to exchange. On this occasion, a cash offer was received from an individual who had previously seen the property prior to going under offer. They were in a position to exchange within a matter of days. The vendor, from the outset, agreed to the initial sale on the proviso of a 28 day exchange, and this sale was delayed as the purchaser was requiring a reduction in the price and this was only going to be entertained if a quick exchange was forthcoming. Every opportunity was given to the initial buyer to exchange.
  3. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 30/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Professional, personal service. They were great to deal with... all communications were quickly dealt with and the staff were friendly and helpful.

4. A 5-star review by 'FEG' 30/4/2014

SE24

Ali Devlin

Ali was really helpful during our purchase of our flat at the start of 2014.
    She was able to provide us with a large amount of information about the flat and the building when we first viewed the property, and for the few questions where she didn't have the information, she got back to us within a few days with the answer.
    We had a very short time frame in which we wanted to purchase the property, and Ali was excellent at staying in touch and keeping us up to date with the information she had from the vendor. She was always very quick to chase on anything and help provide solutions when things got a bit stuck.
    Really great - thanks

5. A 5-star review by 'Emma C' 16/3/2014

Ali Devlin, London London

Ali DevlinLondon London

During what was quite a long and protracted process, Ali was always extremely helpful and communicative. She ensured that we were frequently kept up to date and when we were keen to exchange, did her utmost to solve problems and reduce delays. I would thoroughly recommend Wooster & Stock and will be using them again in the future.

6. A 1-star review by 'Disgruntled' 11/3/2014

Property Management
    Graham Lacey, Bruce Alsen
    Would you use the agent again? No

Graham LaceyBruce Alsen

As property managers, they let a large property to us without cleaning properly (dust, debris and mold), one bedroom was uninhabitable for the first two weeks due to refurbishment work that we were told was finished but wasn't, mountain of rubbish bags left outside front door, gas leak at time of moving in deemed "imminent threat to life" by British Gas, external doors and windows not lockable. Refusal to take responsibility for or deal with issues. Property not managed well (by same company) during previous tenancy and property not in a fit state when let to us.

What could Wooster and Stock do to change your mind??

“Agent could have taken responsibility for issues with the house and honoured their management contract to look after the house and maintain the property.”

Report Abuse 3 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  7. View All Comments (2)by Management  14/03/2014

We’re sorry you’ve had such a bad experience renting your property and any distress this may have caused. Please note, Wooster & Stock (Lettings) LLP was sold over a year ago and Luke Wooster Ltd t/as Wooster & Stock is a new company concentrating their efforts purely on sales. The individuals mentioned in your review do not work for Wooster & Stock and do not represent us as a company in any way. I would encourage you to contact the individuals involved directly to solve any disputes. We hope you have better luck renting in the future. All the best, Wooster & Stock.
  8. 3

A 5-star review by 'Ellen' 6/3/2014

Luke Bishop, Charlie Lester

Luke BishopCharlie Lester

I would like to thank the staff at Wooster & Stock's Brixton office for making the sale of our Brixton home run as smoothly as possible. In particular, Luke Bishop was a fantastic agent. He was reliable, returned messages and emails promptly and was always a pleasure to deal with. Luke handled tricky and sensitive negotiations with a calm and courteous patience which, in the end, got us the best possible price for our property. The whole operation was five star (but not at a five star price!) from start to finish. I cannot rate the photographer and his vivid and imaginative description of the property highly enough. This is surely one of the most unique and captivating features of Wooster & Stock's services. The process was as painless and possible and I would not hesitate to enthusiastically recommend Wooster & Stock to my friends in the future.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Stephen' 19/2/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Wooster and Stock offered excellent cusotmer service and were patient and supportive in what can be a very stressful process . Quick response times to queiries. Always on the ball. Friendly. Professional. 5/5

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jenny + four' 17/2/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The time between offering on this property and moving in was much longer than we expected it to be and probably longer than average. However at every stage in our protracted negotiations with the vendors, Thanh was fair and honest in his assessment and handling of the problems. I do wonder whether we would have proceeded with this purchase if we had not received such helpful service from Thanh.
    Thank you Wooster and Stock, If I had used Foxtons, I would still be looking!!

11. 2

A 5-star review by 'Sam' 6/2/2014

SE26
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When I decided to sell my property I did something that most people would. I invited 5 estate agents into my home to discuss the value of my property and the best way to sell as quickly as possible.

Estate agents notoriously have a bad reputation. 4/5 of these estate agents lived up to this. Coming into my home to tell me how great they are at selling. 3 of them claimed to be number 1 in the area, 1 was hardly awake and none of them listened to my needs as a seller. This is where Wooster and Stock are different. They came into my home and talked about me and my desires for the sale. This... (read more)

12. 3

A 5-star review by 'Eliza & Dan Gluckman' 5/2/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

We originally put our property on with one of the large, shiny agents and regretted it soon afterwards. Scores of traffic but no one serious, over pricing and a lack of personal interest by the agents. Then we switched to Wooster & Stock which was our local agent. They were brilliant: focused, interested, honest, patient. The market was (is) grim, competitive, unyielding, unfair and I met many many agents along the way and always found W&S good to talk to. In terms of our sale Luke negotiated us through a wobbly patch calmly and with determination. We sold through W&S, completing in Jan 2014. Charlie was considerate and helpful. We would highly recommend them as a team.

1. A 5-star review by 'Josh' 16/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I can highly recommend Wooster & Stock as an estate agent. This was the second time I have used them to sell a property for me. Their valuation was accurate and they achieved an excellent price from a chain free cash buyer. Julia handled the sale very professionally and dealt with the occasional, inevitable glitch very efficiently from initial offer through to completion.

2. A 5-star review by 'First time buyer in Peckham' 15/1/2014

Ali Devlin

Myself and my partner were first time buyers and from our first communication with Wooster and Stock right through to moving into our property, they were absolutely fantastic! The estate agent we dealt with went out of her way to be helpful in the very stressful 5 months leading up to our completion.

She took us through the process step by step, always there to answer our questions and assure us on the next steps and the progress of the purchase. We can not recommend them enough!

3. A 5-star review by 'Robinson2go' 13/1/2014

Thanh Phan

Thanh Phan

We bought our house from Thanh at Wooster and Stock in 2006. He was direct and honest - a breath of fresh air in the Foxtons era. When it came to selling, seven years later, we talked to a number of estate agents and again chose Wooster and Stock - partly because of our good experience when buying, partly because their suggested price seemed right, partly because their rate was the lowest. They are good people to buy and sell through and they take some pride in what they do. They make your property look its best and help you to get a good price. They're all good on the phone, informative, straightforward. Somehow, they manage to stay head and shoulders above any other estate agent I have encountered.

4. A 5-star review by 'SJN' 17/12/2013

Robert Huntly, Daniel

Robert HuntlyDaniel

I could not recommend this company more highly. I sold and bought through them in the past year and have found them to be professional, caring and effective. They kept me fully informed though out the process and best of all got me a great offer. I found the 'help van' along with Rob and Daniel invaluable when dealing with the stress of the move. Such a great concept! Thank you to everyone at Wooster and Stock. It was a pleasure working with you and a relief to find an agency that doesn't bore you with jargon.

5. 2

A 5-star review by 'Alice Barclay' 15/11/2013

Jade Woolacott, zoe matheson
    SE23

Jade Woolacottzoe matheson

We found Wooster & Stock incredibly honest, efficient & friendly right from the valuation to completion date. They have a thorough & well founded knowledge of the local area based on their own experience and on sound research, They did exactly what they said they would do, always to time; as well as that they were always prepared to listen to our specific needs & offer advice about our situation. We never felt rushed or pressurized into making decisions or finding somewhere to buy, but they kept the process moving with both sets of solicitors and always made sure that the next step was being dealt with on both sides. Highly recommended.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Becky_p' 11/11/2013

Ali Devlin

Recently sold our flat through W&S having bought it through them 10 years ago. Marketing was swift and we had a good number of viewings immediately which were organised in to one day thus minimising disruption for us and our neighbours.

Ali Devlin (the agent handling our sale) kept us up to date throughout and following a number of little quibbles arranged all the necessary appointments for work to be quoted on etc. we felt she went over and above what we expected an agent to do. She was always friendly, polite and quick to respond.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Andrew Alston' 6/11/2013

Julia Russell, Ali Devlin

Julia RussellAli Devlin

I would just like to say how impressed with Wooster Stock I was in selling my flat this week. Julia Russell who actually handled the sale was an excellent agent who came across as very experienced, efficient and professional, returned my calls immediately and kept me informed regularly with viewer's feedback and well updated during the sales process. Paul who photographed the Flat did an excellent job, the write up was perfect and communication with all the other members of the team, especially when I visited the office, was always bright, cheery and professional. The Saturday people were also very eager and informative. I've been involved in Sales skills training for 15 years and I'd say they got it just right!

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Jessica' 5/11/2013

Molly Comens

Molly was proactive and efficient in every possible way. I was wavering about buying the property and she got in touch in a timely manner but wasn't pushy.
    She always followed up quickly and was very helpful about arranging access when required by us.
    She was friendly and outgoing and always bubbly.

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'Matt' 1/11/2013

Molly Commens, Aimee Fancourt

Molly CommensAimee Fancourt

The agents gave a thorough and accurate description of the pricing and the steps they would follow to sell the property. The communication was excellent with regular updates and I managed to sell my property in a relatively short time.

10. 2

A 4-star review by 'CHebblet' 1/11/2013

Luke Bishop

Luke Bishop

We've had dealings with Wooster and Stock a few times over the last few years, while we decided whether to sell or not. Throughout they've been professional, courteous- and patient!
    Overall we've been very impressed and would not have gone with any other agency.

Page: