Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 593 ratings. This website contains 590 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• 50 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page of 20)

Page last updated on: 24-Nov-2014 13:56:51

1. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 22/11/2014

N17

Michael Georgiou

Michael is a great agent and was always at hand to deal with any queries I had when Winkworths managed my property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YES I THOUGHT THEIR FEES WERE REASONABLE”

2. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 22/11/2014

£740000

Anthony Whelan

Thoroughly impressed with the team at Winkworths in selling our property. We had number of the agents into our property so they all could really sell the virtues of our house which I really liked. As the market cooled just after we put our house on the market, they offered quick and realistic advice to maximise interest and secure us a good offer. What I was most impressed with was the way they kept on top of things after we had an offer and really drove things through to meet the quick turnaround both myself and our buyers needed. My thanks to all especially Anthony for all his work in making sure completion happened on schedule

3. A 5-star review by 'Jo' 22/11/2014

Branch:
    5 Blackheath Village (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    SE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All my contact with Winkworth has been great. The staff are always ready to help and offer advise. Their responses to emails are always prompt and I have felt very happy to have them managing my property, especially as I am often out of the country.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHILST THE FEES MAY SEEM A LOT, I BELIEVE THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A GOOD DEAL, WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER AGENCIES.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Mark M. Cesareo' 20/11/2014

Branch:
    5 Blackheath Village (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Elly Miller, Joanne McGarrigle
    SE3
    £1500

Elly MillerJoanne McGarrigle

We have been dealing with Joanne and Elly since our move to Blackheath in February 2014. As we are due to get married soon we were looking for a property in a lovely area. Thanks to these lovely folk we have experienced a very smooth transition that was pretty much stress free!

Elly and Joanne have dealt with our queries with the greatest of personalities and care. It's not about properties with these people, they help turn houses into homes, which means a lot. Every time we spoke to Elly and Joanne we always felt as though we were were talking to real people, rather than 'Agents'.
    And as a professional in the hospitality industry myself, I can truly appreciate the value of great customer care such as this!

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Robinsons' 18/11/2014

£525000

Leila Asrar

We had a very problematic vendor who was slack, rarely got back to anyone and caused problem after problem. Leila was super helpful in liaising in all matters with the sale and really drove everything forward. She was fantastic at liaising with the seller, his solicitor and ours. She was regularly available on phone and email and actually seemed to care, something rarely found in estate agents.
    I would highly recommend her

6. A 5-star review by 'Catherine Blyth' 18/11/2014

W8
    £2600

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly is swift to respond to any problems, extremely efficient and polite to deal with, and great at following up.

7. A 5-star review by 'Lucy' 16/11/2014

£1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with Joanna for a few hours and she has always been extremely efficient. Whenever I emailed her with a query she always responded very quickly. She is a very friendly person so I can imagine that tenants find her very easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend Winkworths to any friend with a property in the area and that is because of Jo.

8. A 4-star review by 'Catherine Tibbs' 14/11/2014

£550

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly is my Winkworth contact for any queries or problems me or my housemates have and she always responds quickly. On one occasion, I came to her needing a new wardrobe for my room. I expected to have some trouble asking for the landlord to pay but I needn't have. Kelly not only assured me straight away that that would be no problem but she gave me personal advice about which one to go for and I received the money in my account within the week. It was fab service and lovely to have an estate agent speak on a personal level. Thanks!

9. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Blades' 14/11/2014

SW11
    £640000

James Goodall

From start to finish, James has been outstanding in his professionalism. He has provided us with no nonsense context for how the market was/is doing. This was extremely helpful for us as we are based in New York. Though we keep careful tabs on the UK, James gave us useful insight into what was going on in the London market. He clearly knows the SW (especially Battersea/Clapham area) extremely well.

Throughout the whole process, James gave us concise and timely updates so we were always informed. On more than one occasion, James helped to keep things moving including obtaining the co-freeholders signature on legal documents, setting up fire and asbestos inspections and providing contact information for inventory removal. He was proactive and used his initiative and we were therefore able to exchange and complete without it being a long and drawn out process.

He has been a real pleasure to work with.

10. A 4-star review by 'Catherine Tibbs' 14/11/2014

1. A 5-star review by 'BBMK' 13/11/2014

Cristina Peliza

Cristina Peliza

As tenants living in a property managed by Winkworth Shepherd's Bush, we have been thoroughly happy with them. They have a very professional, well-thought-out approach to their managed properties which help ensure tenants are well cared for and any issues are addressed promptly. In particular, we have been extremely impressed with Cristina Peliza, our property manager. She is highly responsive, extremely efficient and thoroughly customer-focused. Her professionalism, attention to detail, friendly style and unfailing dedication to her work is exemplary, and we feel very lucky to have her as our property manager.

2. A 5-star review by 'Joss Clarke' 13/11/2014

Branch:
    97 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Dominic Barry
    SE22
    £380000

Dominic Barry

Really good experience. The original valuation was quick and smooth, their photographer was good and very efficient and polite. My selling agent Dominic Barry was always available, knowledgable, kept me informed, kept the sales process moving. I would definitely use again.

3. 1

A 3-star review by 'tancred bradshaw' 12/11/2014

nw2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to thank Tormod for all his efforts in assisting me in the purchase of 108 Ashford Court. This was achieved in a relatively short period of time and in the face of certain time pressures. Every effort was made to communicate with the sellers solicitors and to provide relevant information. Altogether this have been a very satisfactory result.

4. A 5-star review by 'H Clark' 10/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent keeps me informed of anything to do with the flat. Is always prompt and polite. She has received several quotes of work for me recently and has always kept me to up to date on progress. Thanks.

5. A 5-star review by 'Edt' 7/11/2014

£1300

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly has offered a timely and reliable service in the maintenance of our rental property. This gives us great piece of mind and we can sit back and leave things to Kelly and her colleagues at Winkworth. Long may it continue.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT WORTH THE EXTRA AS THE SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE.”

6. A 5-star review by 'lovelylilac' 7/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought my property from Winkworth nearly twenty years ago. I found that they did business in a very sound, down to earth manner - quite unusual for Estate Agents! I now rent the property and Winkworth find tenants and manage it for me. They are consistently helpful, friendly and efficient. They always keep me well informed about what the rental market is doing so that I know where I am in terms of what to charge tenants. They generally take the headache out of being a landlord and I would recommend them highly.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ludo' 7/11/2014

Cristina Peliza, Terence Thorogood
    £3358

Cristina PelizaTerence Thorogood

I have rented a property through Winkworth - Shepherds Bush for two years.
    My experience of the letting team has been extremely positive. Communication has always been easy and responses were prompt.
    Fortunately there were not many issues during my letting but I felt like the estate agents were not biased towards the landlord but trying to equally and impartially guarantee everyone's interest.
    They accommodated my needs - if necessary - when booking maintenance visits or viewings and on the administrative side they were punctual and correct.
    I would definitely recommend this agency if you are looking to rent a property in the Shepherd's Bush area.

8. A 5-star review by 'Stephanie Jones' 6/11/2014

£2166

Nicole Freeman

Nicole provided a competent service, putting an end to our highly stressful property search. Through efficient liaison between us and our landlord as she managed to secure the property we wanted. Above all she made us feel at ease with her friendly enthusiasm and professionalism.

9. A 4-star review by 'JK' 6/11/2014

Simon Waller
    £795000

Simon Waller

Simon came highly recommended to me via a friend who had previously bought a house using the same office, and I wasn't disappointed. Through the whole process of the sale Simon was easy to communicate with - keeping me informed and replying to queries promptly. The whole team were very helpful and even forwarded my post and read my utility meters after I moved away from the property.

10. A 5-star review by 'George Beard' 5/11/2014

£1213

Joanna Hewitt

Jo is always very friendly and helpful, and quick to respond. It is especially useful to be able to communicate and arrange things via email - previous agents I have been involved with have insisted on telephone calls which is just not practical for me during work hours. Jo has quickly resolved any issues we've raised without any fuss. Thank you Jo!

Comments on the Agents fees

“RENEWAL FEES SEEM A BIT UNNECESSARY, BUT WE WERE GIVEN A DISCOUNT FOR RESPONDING QUICKLY WHICH WAS GREAT.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Mr E' 4/11/2014

John Antoniou, Ahmet Hussein
    £550000

John AntoniouAhmet Hussein

From the initial chat to the open day to the completion 'congrats' handshake, it had been a pleasure to use Winkworth's Palmers Green Branch. Both John and Ahmet were both friendly and professional in serving our needs. Indeed, the whole team were friendly and very supportive and definitely, non 'pushy'!

Our beloved home was sold to spec for a good price and with minimal problems or drama! So, would I use Winkworth again? Absolutely!

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE FOR THE PRICE WE ACHIEVED.”

2. A 5-star review by 'SophieHarper' 3/11/2014

Joanna Hewitt

Jo has been the most helpful and friendly property agent, I've ever come across. No problem is too big or small, she & Winkworth are one of the reasons we've opted to renew our annual lease 3 times on our current property. Wholeheartedly recommend their service.

View All Comments (1)by Jo  04/11/2014

Thank you Sophie, it has been and is a pleasure having you both as tenants and I know your landlady is also very happy to have you!
  3. A 5-star review by 'Cristina Pelza' 29/10/2014

Best management agent since 1984 except Terence Throgood
    .Organised,tactful and lots of initative. Fast and efficient when needed.Really understands the continuous maintenance needs of a house or flat.This is imperitive in management of property.

4. A 5-star review by 'Debbie' 27/10/2014

Terence Thorogood
    £1000

Terence Thorogood

I worked with Terence for the last several years. He has always taken great care both of me and of my tenants, making sure that any required work was done swiftly and well. He was prompt in answering my emails, which is vital as I live abroad in the US. He was always courteous and professional. I recommend him highly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN GENERAL FEES ARE HIGH FOR MANAGING A PROPERTY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TENANTS STAY FOR A YEAR OR MORE, AND YOU STILL PAY A FINDER/RETAINER FEE. I DIDN\'T FEEL THAT TERENCE\'S FEES WERE HIGHER THAN AVERAGE, AND HE WORKED WITH ME TO GET THE BEST FEE STRUCTURES IN PLACE, WHICH I APPRECIATED.”

View All Comments (1)by Terence  04/11/2014

Thank you Debbie, it has been a pleasure working with you and we look forward to helping you in the future. Best Wishes Terence
  5. A 5-star review by 'aris' 26/10/2014

cristina peliza, isabela saxton

cristina pelizaisabela saxton

Cristina Peliza is a very well educated lady, with a good customer service skills also she is a person capable to work under any kind of pressure without any supervision. talented person , well spoken, also with a magnificent telephone manners i will recomand her to any firm or company if it were the case i will write a reference letter on request .Always wish the best for her at present and for the future

Yours sincerely:aris alvarez

6. A 4-star review by 'BD' 26/10/2014

Cristina Peliza, Kelly

Cristina PelizaKelly

Since Cristina (and, in her absence, Kelly) started managing my property I have felt very well looked after. I've recently had really difficult tenants and both girls handled them - and me! - beautifully. They were friendly but firm with the tenants, and very supportive towards me. Cristina negotiated the repairs and the finances swiftly and elegantly.
    Nothing but praise!

7. A 5-star review by 'robert mcgill' 24/10/2014

cristina peliza, robert mcgill
    £1400

cristina pelizarobert mcgill

cristina was amazingly efficient
    nothing was too much trouble and she did everything i threw at her with amazing speed and efficiency
    amazing service

8. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 23/10/2014

Ben Hunt
    £740000

Ben Hunt

I found Ben very professional, helpful and responsive, he really took a lot of the stress out of the process of selling, would highly recommend using this branch

9. A 5-star review by 'Ros' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    118 Kensington Church Street (Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    Kelly
    W8
    £1603

Kelly

Since Kelly has been looking after the management of our property we have found her to be extremely efficient and prompt in replying to our emails. She has continued the tradition of excellence we have come to expect from Winkworths over the many years they have acted for us.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dyne' 22/10/2014

Jaspreet Dabb
    NW6
    £1845

Jaspreet Dabb

Overall, we're very pleased with the service we received. Unlike other agents/agencies in the area, Jaz was punctual in meeting us to view the property and kept us well-informed on the process of taking the property. She went out of her way to help us secure the flat, despite risking running late for another meeting (we hope she wasn't too late!). There was one miscommunication in handling the move-in date, but this worked out in the end.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GENERALLY, WE THINK REAL ESTATE AGENCIES CONSTITUTE A BLOATED INDUSTRY THAT SHOULD BE REIGNED IN. THE FEES FOR TENANTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS ALIKE DO NOT REFLECT THE LIMITED SERVICE THESE AGENCIES PROVIDE. AS A \"MIDDLE-MAN,\" AGENCIES SKIM OFF THE PROPERTY-MARKET, AND WE THINK SMALL, LOCAL LANDLORDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF MANAGING THEIR PROPERTY THEMSELVES. OF COURSE, TENANTS WOULD BE THRILLED TO AVOID COSTLY FEES.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Barker' 20/10/2014

Anthony Whelan

I found Anthony very professional and supportive though the whole sale process. Even his after sales care was second to none. I would certainly recommend having Anthony act as your agent if you were selling in Chislehurst.

2. A 5-star review by 'Barbara' 17/10/2014

£415000

Anthony Whelan

Anthony was fantastic to deal with. He kept us informed throughout the entire process, kept us positive when communication with our buyer hit a sticky patch, and followed up every single stage of the sale. He was also the "voice of reason" when our emotions threatened to impair our judgement, remaining calm and suggesting possible compromises . Even after we had exchanged contracts on our sale, he continued to monitor and chase our purchase, although he was not acting for us in relation to the purchase of our new house. In every respect Anthony went the extra mile and we would not hesitate to recommend Winkworths to anyone thinking of buying or selling a home. A million thanks for all their help.

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'Sat' 17/10/2014

Aaron Priscott, Christine Boyd
    £1517

Aaron PriscottChristine Boyd

I approached Winkworth for an urgent letting via the phone. Within 2 hours, I was at the subject property showing it to Aaron Priscott. He understood instantly the profile of prospective tenants that I would consider. Within 24 hours; he had found suitable tenants. The AST needed slight tailoring and I was liaising with his colleague Christine Boyd to draft this at c8.30 pm, which was certainly impressive I thought. Winkworth dealt with arranging all of the admin including arranging cleaners; inventory; extra keys cut; dealing with the deposit scheme etc; which certainly took away all of the headaches of doing this my self. Moreover, they did all of this quickly and efficiently with third parties that charged reasonable prices. I would strongly recommend.

4. A 5-star review by 'Max Vezzi' 17/10/2014

Anthony Whelan, Carly Smith
    £450000

Anthony WhelanCarly Smith

I used Winkworth to purchase a property a few months ago. From the start Anthony was personable, friendly and professional in all respects. In what is a stressful business he was always there to support, follow through and be totally committed to the job. I always felt Winkworth was there on side to fight my corner which is exactly what one wants. Unlike many larger estate agents (specially KFH) they worked as a strong team and I felt always went the extra mile. They were honest and approachable at all times. I would definitely use them again and would not hesitate in using them when it comes to selling when that point arrives. Definitely would rank them as one of the best agents I have used.

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Benjamin Pedersen' 16/10/2014

Aaron Priscott

Aaron at Winkworth in Kensal Rise provided excellent service and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking to secure a place in that area.

His portfolio was reflective of the type of company he represents: High standard and quality.

He went beyond what is customary of an estate agent to help secure our new home and treated us with courtesy every time we spoke or had dealings in person.

6. A 5-star review by 'Karen Alder' 16/10/2014

Carly Smith
    £368000

Carly Smith

Carly has been outstanding throughout the whole process of buying a this property, she made this purchase stress free which I felt was the most important thing I needed to point out. Her communication skills were impeccable and very much appreciated. Carly went to great lengths to accommodate our numerous visits to the property and was always pleased to see us and made us feel a priority in her workload. Her bubbly personality along with her knowledgeable,professional attitude really stood out and she really was a pleasure to work with to secure the purchase of our property. Anthony Whelan took over from Carly when she was on annual leave and again was a pleasure, he also mirrored Carly and was knowledgeable, sincere and professional. A fantastic team, well done Winkworths.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS REALLY HAPPY TO PAY THE FEES FOR THE OUTSTANDING SERVICE I RECEIVED.”

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Glengal road' 15/10/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    Nw67

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

Aaron Priscott was my lettings negotiator and helped me find a flat very quickly. He was courteous and knowledgeable and provided a great experience. He is highly recommended and a very nice chap.

Telisha Hanson-Townsend was equally very helpful in helping navigate the contract and moving process. She is also very courteous and professional.

All around it was an excellent process and very professional.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'David Perry' 14/10/2014

£345000

Leila Asrar

I have just worked with Leila in the purchase of an investment flat I have bought to Let.
    The purchase was not straightforward for numerous reasons but Leila made the process as simple and painless as she could. She is also now handling the letting of the property which I have no doubt will be dealt with in the same efficient manner.
    I found her to be attentive and professional throughout and would have no hesitation in recommending her services to others.

9. A 5-star review by 'Renata S' 12/10/2014

£1625

Nicole Freeman

Nicole was very helpful from the begining. She understood immediately what we were looking for and found the perfect place for us. Paperwork and moving in was easy and after 2 months I am still a very happy tenant. Highly recommended agent and agency.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Aaron Priscott' 10/10/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    £1725

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron was really pleasant and helpful throughout the process. He began his Saturday at work early in order to show us the property. Aaron answered all our queries swiftly and professionally which resulted in the process of renting our flat being very smooth for which I am grateful.

1. A 5-star review by 'Anne' 9/10/2014

Ben Hunt, Elizabeth Nascimento

Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento

Ben and Liz were both very pleasant to deal with. I was looking for an agent who would not do the hard sell on buyers and knew the market and I got that. The sale went very smoothly and was pretty much stress free. I have recommended this office to others already.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DIDN\'T SHOP AROUND TOO MUCH BUT THEIR RATES SEEMED COMPETITIVE.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Liz' 9/10/2014

£860

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper took care of letting my property and thanks to his efficency it was let within days.
    I will be calling on him when the times comes to re let my property. he was professional, amiable and a good communicator.

3. A 5-star review by 'CJ' 7/10/2014

£765000

Elizabeth Nascimento

My experience working with Elizabeth Nascimento could not have been more positive. She worked very hard on my behalf, was always responsive to emails and phone calls, and was more than willing to meet at the property whenever necessary. Importantly, I felt I could trust her with all aspects of the negotiations, which was crucial, and that she had my best interests at heart.
    I could not recommend working with Liz more highly.

4. A 5-star review by 'Thierry R.' 6/10/2014

£540000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Winkworth and specially Liz were very helpful during the whole process. They were always available for any viewing and provided me with good information to help me to take my decision.
    All my outstanding quieries were quikly addressed, even after the price was agreed, and therefore the completion was achieved in a short time period.
    Liz was also keen to answer my questions after I moved in, helping me to appreciate the new property without any hassle.

5. A 5-star review by 'Thierry R.' 6/10/2014

£540000

6. A 4-star review by 'Sandra & Ian' 6/10/2014

£1907

Chris Cooper

We had specific requirements and thankfully did not have to move out of our old place until we found the right property. Chris helped us by listening to our criteria and, with a few exceptions, we only viewed properties that met those criteria. Eventually a property came on the market that ticked the vast majority of boxes and we moved in soon after. We thank Chris for his help throughout the process.

7. A 4-star review by 'Sandra & Ian' 5/10/2014

£1907

8. A 5-star review by 'Claire E' 4/10/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth was extremely helpful throughout the whole process: she always came back to me, quickly , with an answer if I had any queries, and she has been charming throughout.

9. A 4-star review by 'Julia' 2/10/2014

£1800

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper was very efficient in finding us suitable tenants. He brought forward an excellent offer on the first day of marketing and was very professional throughout.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS RENEWING CLIENTS WE WERE LOOKED AFTER AND COMFORTABLE WITH THE AGREED FEES.”

10. A 4-star review by 'N T D Cleary' 2/10/2014

£1387

Chris Cooper

We had a good experience dealing with Winkworth. Mr. Cooper was very accommodating and offered great advise for us first time renters in the UK. Everything that was required was explained very well. Each aspect of the rental and move happened swiftly and efficiently. Mr. Cooper was available day and night to achieve our tight move in date, from viewing to move-in day was just 8 days.

11. A 5-star review by 'Sharad' 2/10/2014

br7

Anthony Whelan

We had a very helpful experience with Anthony being at the forefront of the negotiations. I was happy to see his effectiveness in getting our points across to the vendor, and expediting the deal. We appreciate his calm and respectful dealing.

“N/A”

12. A 1-star review by 'Richard' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    123A Gloucester Road (South Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

""Where to start? The fees are outrageous (however this is unfortunately the norm for London) The agent was wholly unprofessional, pleasant enough until you have any question regarding the tenancy agreement, to which they seem to take great disdain and will have no consideration for your requests.
    One clause states that the tenant has to abide by the terms & conditions of the Leashold of the Property. This was a major point of contention with Winkworth who stated I would not be given sight of the Leasehold and I would have to sign the tenancy agreement agreeing to the terms regardless. I am amazed that some tenants must actually do this without requesting a copy of the Leasehold.
    The list of other issues during the transaction is endless although I hate reading long reviews so I will stop here..
    Simply avoid if you can.

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Start thinking and acting on behalf of both parties involved in the transaction. Your fees certainly give you the flexibility to put some hours in.”

13. A 5-star review by 'Dominic' 1/10/2014

£1850

Chris Cooper

Chris and the team at Winkworth Kennington handled the letting of my property very well, keeping me up to date regularly on any developments and being very responsive to dealing with any questions. The best I've found in the area.

14. A 5-star review by 'Tom' 1/10/2014

Nicole Freeman

Nicole was extremely helpful throughout the viewings process, getting in touch to sort things out and resolving any issues very effectively.

15. 1

A 5-star review by 'houseseller' 28/9/2014

Tormod Smith, Russell Chilvers
    £400000

Tormod SmithRussell Chilvers

Tormod and Russell dealt with a rather long and difficult sale in an efficient and professional manner. Both are pleasant to deal with, intelligent, quick to understand, hard working and were always on the ball chasing things up and letting us know how things stood. They certainly raised my opinion of estate agents

16. A 5-star review by 'jthompson' 26/9/2014

Hi Anthony,

I just wanted to thank you for the great job on selling the house.

I really appreciated your high level of support, understanding and advice that remained consistent throughout the entire process. This combined with a calm and comprehensive approach helped to make the sale as smooth as it could have possibly been.

Thanks also to Carly and Steve who were equally professional and supportive whenever called upon.

All the very best and hope that you enjoyed the wine!

Kind regards

Jamie

17. A 5-star review by 'N Hodges' 24/9/2014

Courtney Mayer
    £270

Courtney Mayer

Always helping me,gives good advise looks after me, my tenant,and my flat, nothing to much trouble. Thank-you

18. A 5-star review by 'Claudia and Maurizio' 24/9/2014

SE1
    £2

Chris Cooper

We had the pleasure to work with Chris Cooper and he was professional, helpful and very knowledgeable. An issue with contacting our previous landlord came up and it was out of our control, so Chris stepped in and helped us providing alternative valid reference. He made sure the first day of rent was pushed back one week until we had all documents ready- meaning we would not lose one week of rent we did not enjoy. He was always polite, understanding and a great mediator. We enjoyed and appreciated his efforts- we highly recommend his expertise and professional help.

19. A 5-star review by 'Hannah' 24/9/2014

£1235

Chris Cooper

Chris was an excellent help to us when we were trying to find a property to rent this year. He went out of his way to provide us with all the information we asked for and to arrange a second viewing when we requested one. He has always replied promptly to emails and made the rental process very clear and easy for us. This is the best experience I have had with an Estate Agent in the past 4 years, since I have been using agencies to rent properties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THERE WERE MORE FEES THAN I WAS EXPECTING FOR SERVICES SUCH AS CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT, RESIGNING, GUARANTOR CHECKS ETC., THESE WERE ALL OUTLINED CLEARLY AT THE START OF THE RENTAL PROCESS AND I AM HAPPY TO PAY THEM IF THE STANDARD OF SERVICE CONTINUES TO BE AS HIGH AS IT HAS BEEN SO FAR.”

20. A 5-star review by 'Penny Rainbow' 24/9/2014

£322000

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper is evidently very well informed about the area and as I am from Surrey this was very important for me. Chris was happy to accommodate my time schedule, which fell slightly out of hours. Throughout the negotiations I was kept well informed.
    Furthermore, just recently he gave me candid advice, which subsequently resulted in me purchasing Battersea and another agent received the commission.
    I think Chris will go the distance as an agent because he gives his genuine opinion which is not always beneficial to him in the short term.

21. A 5-star review by 'Matt' 23/9/2014

£1408

Chris Cooper

Chris was friendly and professional and arranged a second viewing on the same day so that my partner could view the flat without delay. He got in touch with the landlady who was overseas to help answer some questions about furnishings and exactly what to expect when we moved in.
    After signing the lease, Chris was still available to answer questions we had before our move in, which was reassuring. All in all, a great experience.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE LOWER THAN COMPETITOR AGENCIES, WHICH WAS ONE OF OUR DECIDING FACTORS. HOWEVER THE SERVICE WAS TOP NOTCH.”

22. A 5-star review by 'Emmamorgan' 22/9/2014

£1680

Chris Cooper

Winkworths were an excellent estate agent to work with. They were quick, professional and did not try to pressurise us in our renting decision. We knew all the details up front and Chris Cooper worked meticulously to ensure we were able to move in on time, despite a few set backs from our end. All in all a great experience, and will definitely use them again!

23. 1

A 5-star review by 'Nina Hodges' 22/9/2014

Branch:
    16 The Polygon (Clapham) (London) (Greater London)
    Hannah Watson Toft, Courtney Mayer

Hannah Watson ToftCourtney Mayer

Courtney Edmund and Hannah, have got me tenants and look after my flat, and look after me Always there to help and give advice. THANK-YOU

24. A 5-star review by 'Penny Rainbow' 22/9/2014

£322000

25. A 5-star review by 'Gavin' 22/9/2014

£1700

Chris Cooper

I found Chris and the team very professional and helpful. He has a delightful manner and is positive and charming. It has been a very easy and enjoyable experience all round. Absolutely painless.

26. A 5-star review by 'Laura Piras' 22/9/2014

£2751

Chris Cooper

We are 4 friends who have been renting a house through Winkworth since May 2014. Chris was the person who we liaised with while looking for a property and we were very pleased with the service that he provided for us.

Chris was professional at all times and always responded to emails and phone messages very quickly. We also had quite a few questions for our landlord, which he was able to get answers for very promptly. Chris was always friendly and approachable and able to answer any questions we had about the property and the contract in detail. He seemed very knowledgeable about the rental market and contracts in general. Chris let us know about our current property as soon as it came on the market as he thought it would be great for us. He was right - we're very happy here.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Chris to any tenants thinking about renting a property.

27. A 5-star review by 'Samantha' 22/9/2014

£1690

Chris Cooper

Winkworths made it possible for my housemate and I to move into the rental property as soon as possible which was amazing! 100% using this company again in the near future. Thank you once again!

28. 1

A 5-star review by 'MatthewFoster' 22/9/2014

£2100

Aaron Priscott

Aaron was extremely helpful and enabled us to move quickly into our rental property. He helped us to negotiate a lower price with the landlord and was extremely upfront and honest about our chances of the landlord agreeing - an extremely refreshing characteristic! Once we had put in the offer Aaron stayed late to make sure that he got an answer from the landlord that evening, and straightaway contacted us to tell us the good news. Top lad!

29. A 5-star review by 'Luke D.' 22/9/2014

Chris Cooper, Seaford Seaford

Chris CooperSeaford Seaford

Chris was an excellent help from start to finish - he was dedicated to finding us the right property and listened to our needs for the flat.

He was punctual, efficient and even went the extra mile in hand delivering our contracts when we had agreed upon the move in date, rent etc.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Chris to anyone who is looking for a property to rent.

30. A 5-star review by 'Steven' 22/9/2014

sw8

Chris Cooper

Excellent service from Chris who went beyond expectations to deliverer a great service. Delivered the contract personally after hours to our front door.

31. A 5-star review by 'Thomas Jones' 21/9/2014

£2000

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper - and the whole team - were very helpful throughout our move to 43 Elsted Street. Chris was particularly helpful in negotiating a break clause into our tenancy agreement. His manner was professional and responded to emails quickly.

32. A 5-star review by 'Tony Parker' 21/9/2014

Se17
    £1345

Chris Cooper

Had a very positive experience working with me through all of the stages from viewing the flat to handing over the keys, including detailed discussions with new landlord and makingn sure all went ok while I was on holiday, was very professional at ensuing all went smoothly, really appreciated his service.

33. A 3-star review by 'Jay' 21/9/2014

SE1
    £1536

Chris Cooper

Chris was a friendly agent, who went out of his way to show us relevant properties. He frequently took us in his car if travel arrangements were difficult, and listened to our feedback thoroughly to come up with ideal properties.

34. A 5-star review by 'Nicky Hughes' 21/9/2014

£335000

Chris Cooper

Chris was very helpful & efficient. He made the whole process of finding good tenants go very smoothly. In addition - & not least! - he's very nice & personable.

35. A 5-star review by 'Clare' 21/9/2014

£2000

lovely staff
    Friendly, kind and effective and also lots of fun to work with
    The Kennington branch is excellent . Thanks

36. A 4-star review by 'Sarah okell' 21/9/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was professional and found me some good tenants. He was much better than some of the competition. He also gave good advice on some issues.

37. A 5-star review by 'anonymous' 21/9/2014

£2600

Chris Cooper

A very friendly and efficient service. Signing on, and moving into our new house was made very easy. I would be happy to use Winkworth again.

38. A 5-star review by 'O.C.' 20/9/2014

Susannah Massey
    SE5
    £1220

Susannah Massey

Susannah was very efficient, coming to see our property as soon as was convenient for us. She gave me clear and helpful advice regarding preparing the property for tenants. I was amazed by how quickly the property was let - in less than 24 hours and for a rate much higher than expected. I was also grateful for Susannah's patience with the questions and indecision of a novice landlady!

39. A 5-star review by 'Tom Harris' 20/9/2014

£310

Chris Cooper

Chris was really helpful - he showed me round several properties and was honest in his opinion. He also was responsible for finding a flat which is fantastic and well-priced and which I'm now very happily renting, as well as being friendly and approachable throughout the process!

40. A 4-star review by 'IB' 20/9/2014

NW14
    £365
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Both agents provided a very good service from the day we walked in the branch.
    Quickly and fully understood what we were looking for and recommended suitable properties.
    Communication was also excellent via emails and phone and most importantly in more than one occasion willing to do viewings on hours that was convenient (particularly important when people work long hours).
    Finally, the paperwork and getting in the house process was quick, smooth and without any problems.

41. A 5-star review by 'Andrew Lindesay' 20/9/2014

sw9
    £320

Chris Cooper

We have found Chris to be efficient when getting back to us, clear in answering questions, and proactive in finding us tenants. I would be very happy to deal with him in the future and recommend his services.

42. A 5-star review by 'James' 20/9/2014

£1950

Chris Cooper

Chris was incredibly helpful and friendly, taking a genuine interest in helping us to find a property best suited to my son and I.
    Without doubt, he's probably the most approachable and confidence inspiring agents I've come across.

43. A 4-star review by 'Ian Richards' 20/9/2014

Chris Cooper

He understood our brief and stuck to it. No wasted visits no hidden agendas and was a perfect middle man between us and the landlord.

44. A 4-star review by 'Miles Birch' 20/9/2014

£2200

Chris Cooper

Chris was very good, great communication, we were happy with the price and with sorting everything out with the new tenants. I would recommend him to others

45. A 4-star review by 'Amy' 19/9/2014

£1560

Chris Cooper

Chris was great when he showed us around our property. He was on time, polite and answered all of our questions with good knowledge of the detail. He was able to advise us well on the property and the process once we had decided it was the property for us. I wouldn't hesitate o recommend Chris.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SOME OF THE BEST FEES IN THE AREA.”

46. A 5-star review by 'Katie' 19/9/2014

£759

Chris Cooper

I contacted Chris about letting a property with specific demands, including the fact that my housemate was away and would have to sign papers and make decisions whilst she was travelling!
    Chris showed me round a few properties, all in exactly the area we wanted within the rent bracket that I had specified, very unlike other estate agents in the area!
    He broke down the estimated cost of the property accurately and wasn't pushy to let the property at all. After deciding on the flat he was very patient with me and my housemate trying to organise the paperwork and the deposit and agent fees.
    Since we have been living in the flat he's been fantastic with helping to sort any issues with the flat and pushing small jobs that need doing.
    Overall the service that we got was fantastic and it would recommend Chris as an estate agent, and winkworth as a company. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENTS FEED WERE LOW IN COMPARISON TO OTHER AGENCIES BUT SOMETIMES UNJUSTIFIED.”

47. A 5-star review by 'Aisling' 19/9/2014

Chris Cooper

We found Chris very helpful and receptive to our queries. He had acted as an excellent intermediary between us and the landlord. He was also very understanding when it took us a while to organise things, as the three tenants were in three different countries.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE HIGH IN COMPARISON TO THE VALUE OF THE PROPERTY, BUT THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED WAS EXCELLENT.”

48. A 5-star review by 'Rob van Riet' 19/9/2014

Pippa Stafford, James Fraser
    W6 7
    £1400

Pippa StaffordJames Fraser

We were delighted with the service provided by Pippa initially in viewing the apartment and communicating our interest in letting it to the landlord, and James subsequently for several administration issues. We have been letting through Winkworth for over 4 years and have always been very happy with their level of service. Pippa was "on the ball", very responsive, helpful and was excellent in representing us in relation to the landlord. Last time around, we dealt with Tony, and that was a hugely pleasant experience. Yet, Tony retired and we can safely say, Pippa filled his shoes wonderfully.

49. A 4-star review by 'Nils' 19/9/2014

£2490

Chris Cooper

Chris was extremely helpful and attentive in:
    - Arranging viewings of the property on numerous occasions
    - Putting forward our offer to the landlord
    - Assisting us through the contractual obligations
    - Arranging all necessary steps ahead of our move in date

He was very easy to deal with and I would recommend him to others looking to rent property in London. Unlike the majority of agents that we dealt with, Chris came across as honest and willing to help us get the best deal possible.

50. A 5-star review by 'Gavin Leonard' 11/9/2014

Daisy Bayliss

daisy bayliss

We were first-time (and hopefully, only-time) tenants, seeking accommodation for a family of four whilst our home was being comprehensively remodeled and refurbished. As such we were complete novices having not rented since student days and reliant on the support and advice of staff to guide us through the various processes involved. Staff (with the addition of Daisy Bayliss to those identified above) were able to offer vieiwings of only suitable properties avoiding any wasted effort. Once a property of the right type in the most effective location (ie. close to our home) became available... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES AND CHARGES SEEMED REASONABLE IN COMPARISON WITH THE OVERALL OUTLAY DURING THE COURSE OF THE TENANCY.”

51. 1

A 5-star review by 'Malcolm Douglas' 9/9/2014

Leila Asrar, Nick Charalambous
    £295

Leila AsrarNick Charalambous

I was very satisfied with the service I received. The costs were not the lowest but the service was excellent and we sold for more than the asking price so it worked in our favour. Leila Asrar certainly went that extra mile, helping me with house clearance and gas disconnection and keeping me informed of progress. Winkworths made the whole process painless and I would have no hesitation in using them again or in recommending them to others.
    A very professional service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THOUGHT THEY WERE FAIR GIVEN THEIR ESTIMATED VALUE OF THE PROPERTY WAS HIGHER THAN OTHER ESTATE AGENTS AND THE FACT THEY ACHIEVED THE SALE AT TGE HIGHER VALUE.”

52. A 4-star review by 'Kathy Bryant' 6/9/2014

Neil Barnes, Renee ACTON
    £360000

Neil BarnesRenee ACTON

The transaction went through over three months and during that time both Neil and Renee were very helpful, quick to answer questions or contact the Purchasers Solicitors. They always responded quickly, calmly and efficiently. I am very happy with the service I received from them including Shaun came to my house and explained the current market, strategy for selling including timing, arranged excellent photos. All in all a professional service from everyone. Thank you.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  12/10/2014

Thanks Kathy and we hope you are enjoying your new life down on the South Coast
  53. A 4-star review by 'Will Freeland' 4/9/2014

£465000

Elizabeth Nascimento

I was very impressed by the professionalism and quality of service. Buying my first property is a pretty daunting experience to say the least but dealing directly with Elizabeth I found it a lot easier. Very friendly and polite, she helped to secure my property. I would recommend her and Winkworth to anyone selling or buying.

54. A 5-star review by 'MR STOTT' 4/9/2014

w14
    £465000

Elizabeth Nascimento

I would highly recommend Winkworth ( Brook Green) Branch.

The service was very professional and the initial deal was not pressurised (unlike some of the other prospective agents) and the the offers were carefully considered.

Both Ben and Liz provided an excellent service and were very proactive in finding new buyers as soon as my initial chain broke down. They brought in lots of viewings ( both before and after the chain collapsed) and were very honest and in realistic in the market valuations ( particularly during the crazy market earlier this year)

All through the process they were very communicative and informative as well as being very flexible with viewing times, which wasn't always very easy for them as I worked from home. Thank you for your patience!

I made a number of appointments with their competitors in the first instance and I'm delighted with my choice. Good job well done.

When I am buying soon, If Winkworth cover the area they would be my first choice

55. 1

A 5-star review by 'Bill' 3/9/2014

, LONDON LONDON
    £385000

LONDON LONDON

I have used Winkworths in Palmers Green for rental property in the past and have always found them excellent, honest, tenacious and diligent. When it came to selling my house I didn't even consider any other Estate Agent and gave Nick a call straight away. After meeting Nick for the valuation he passed me over to the extremely capable hands of Leila who has been amazing throughout. Leila managed a busy open day, secured us an above asking price offer and managed the sale process very efficiently. Leila was always on hand to answer questions, helped with some tricky points in the process and did this all in a friendly and courteous manner. If you are looking for an estate agent on Palmers Green then Winkworths should be your only choice. They more than deliver value for money.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS VERY HAPPY TO PAY THE 1% FEE AND SEE THIS AS EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.”

56. 1

A 5-star review by 'colin skinner' 3/9/2014

Nw2

Russell Chilvers

The staff at winkworth, especially Russell Childers were brilliant. Despite 2 sales falling through, they still managed to get a third set of buyers quite quickly and handled it all with a professional and courteous attitude at all times. Very pleased indeed, recommended without hesitation.

57. 1

A 5-star review by 'Hayley' 2/9/2014

£3

Aaron Priscott

Can't recommend the team highly enough! We'd trawled the market for months looking for the right place with no luck. We met with Aaron at Winkworth and he instantly understood what we were looking for. Rather than spamming us, he waited until he had the perfect property and, in less than three viewings, we found our house! He also negotiated hard on our behalf and even went in to measure up one of the rooms - above and beyond!

58. A 5-star review by 'Sebastian' 2/9/2014

£409500

Russell Chilvers

Russell was a fantastic intermediary in the purchase of our first flat. He responded immediately to enquiries which enabled us to exchange in three weeks. We would have no hesitation in instructing Russell to sell the flat in a few years time.

59. 1

A 5-star review by 'Charlie' 1/9/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    £1250

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

Aaron was great from the start. His knowledge and advice of the renting market in the area was invaluable. He was friendly and was very clear about all the costs involved and the process moving forward. He answered every question we asked and made a concerted effort to make time for us . Was very happy happy with the service provided an excellent advocate of Winkworth.

Telisha was also great handling a very difficult and quick move in date. She worked quickly to assure all our points and concerns were addressed prior to the move in date.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT FEE\'S WERE REALLY GOOD VALUE. THE TRANSPARENCY WINKWORTH PROVIDE IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. I WILL BE RECOMMENDING WINKWORTH TO ANY FRIENDS HOUSE HUNTING.”

60. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gemma' 1/9/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    £1906

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

From start to finish Winkworth were a dream to deal with, Aaron contacted me the morning after I searched online and set up viewings that day showing us a few in the area, he was engaging and well informed, we found with a lot of agents they just stood there, making us feel like because we are tenants we didn't matter to their business, this wasn't the case with Aaron. He even skipped his dinner to show us the property for a second time! The whole process was seamless, when passed to Telisha she was ever present and her communication was great we didn't have to chase her down or keep calling asking for status updates, she made sure we had those as and when she did!
    When we went to pick up the keys in Kensal Rise they weren't available but the guys there got on to it straight away and we had them within the hour.

Thank you to the entire team, our house hunt was a nightmare so you have restored our faith!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FOUND THEM TO BE MORE THAN FAIR FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINT I HAVE IT THAT THE KEYS WEREN\'T AVAILABLE AND HAVING DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT EVERYWHERE ELSE IT JUST SEEMED LIKE THE LAST DETAIL WASN\'T LOOKED AFTER. THIS WAS HOWEVER RECTIFIED AS SOON AS THEY COULD.”

61. 1

A 4-star review by 'RP' 31/8/2014

jason de sousa
    £1050

jason de sousa

Jason actively sought out numerous possible tenants for my flat at a difficult time (Christmas 2013) and the tenants who have now been in the flat so far have been good with no issues so far. He called me with regular updates as and when they were necessary. All in all a good, professional service.

62. 1

A 5-star review by 'Simon Rogers' 31/8/2014

Tormod Smith
    £399950

Tormod Smith

The team at Winkworth were all extremely professional and dedicated to letting our property and then eventually selling it. I can highly recommend them to anyone who requires either of these services. Five stars guys!!!!!

63. 1

A 5-star review by 'Amanda Turner' 29/8/2014

Jaspreet Dabb, jason de sousa
    £1900

Jaspreet Dabbjason de sousa

I have used Winkworths Willesden Green office on two occasions to rent my property local to this office. Both Jas and Jason have been very efficient in finding both longer term tenants for my property. They have carried out the necessary checks and helped in finding tenants swiftly. The property was vacant for 2 days only between tenancy agreements. They also were very helpful in keeping me informed every week as to how they were getting on to find someone to rent. I have been extremely happy with the service and have no issue with recommending them. I will continue to use them in the future.

64. 2

A 5-star review by 'Simon reynolds' 29/8/2014

£3380

Aaron Priscott

Very quick to photograph and advertise our property and found a tenant within one week of it being advertised. The agent priced the property correctly in my opinion, rather than exaggerating the price in order to win our business. Overall we found the agent to be very realistic and they did what they said they would.

65. 2

A 5-star review by 'Michael Bentley' 29/8/2014

Aaron Priscott

Both my wife and I found Aaron to be extremely helpful in our recent search for a rented property. He is a great ambassador for Winkworth, and has a good knowledge of the local area.

Aaron provided a list of properties that were exactly what we were looking for and he managed the process from our initial interest to completion swiftly and efficiently.

I would highly recommend Aaron and Winkworth to anyone looking for properties in the area.

66. 2

A 4-star review by 'alt' 28/8/2014

Jason De Sousa, Jaspreet Dabb
    £1200

Jason De SousaJaspreet Dabb

Jason was very business like and efficient. He managed to let our property in the time frame that we gave him and for the full asking price. Jaspreet was excellent, very personable and helpful and always at the end of the phone to answer questions.

67. 1

A 5-star review by 'Joseph Henderson' 28/8/2014

John Antoniou, Ahmet Hussein
    £475

John AntoniouAhmet Hussein

I was so pleased with the brilliant service from the palmers green branch
    The sale of the house went thru so smoothly
    I was kept upto date the whole time with the progress of the sale
    Ahmet and john are did a brilliant job
    Joseph Henderson

68. A 5-star review by 'David' 28/8/2014

£1340

Joanna Hewitt

Great service from Jo Hewitt at Winkworth's Shepherd's Bush.

I spent two years at a property managed by Jo and it was a pleasure dealing with her. Always helpful, responded very quickly to emails and sorted out any issues swiftly and hassle free.

Even when the boiler packed in during arctic conditions, a brand new boiler was organised and installed in record time.

I would highly recommend lettings at Winkworth's Shepherd's Bush and if you get Jo as your property manager you will know you are in safe hands.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE NEVER AGREED WITH THE FACT THAT SOME LETTING AGENCIES SAY THE TENANT HAS TO PAY FOR THE INVENTORY BEFORE AND AFTER THE TENANCY PERIOD. SURELY THIS IS A COST FOR THE LANDLORD? I AM A PRIVATE LANDLORD MYSELF AND ORGANISED AND PAID FOR MY OWN INVENTORIES WHEN MY TENANTS MOVED IN AND OUT AS IT WAS IN MY BEST INTEREST THAT THIS WAS DONE. THESE FEES ARE SIGNIFICANT AND PUNISHING TO TRUSTWORTHY TENANTS.”

69. 2

A 5-star review by 'Katie Carling' 28/8/2014

£1725

Aaron Priscott

My experience was and still is extreamly positive. I'm am a landlady who lives 70miles away from the property so its been cruicial to have someone who has been happy to be keyholders in the whole letting process. This has involved letting builders and workmen in to the propety and siminly at a moments notice. They also recommend extreamly good and trustworthy builders who similarly had a geniuine enthusiasim to get the best possible result. Taking pride in their work. Over all I have been very impressed with the process.

70. 2

A 4-star review by 'Alex Lee' 28/8/2014

£500000

Andrew Carre

Andrew did a very good job in selling my flat. He was very thorough in 'ironing out' any problems that arose through the sale, thus ensuring exchange and completion. He was always available when needed and was a very important part of a successful outcome. I am very happy with the job he did and streets ahead of other agents I've dealt with in the past.

71. 3

A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Smart' 27/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Fin Cook
    £1300000

Andrew CarreFin Cook

We found the whole experience with Winkworth professional and focused. Andrew and Fin were very driven and motivated to get us the best possible price and we were impressed by the volume of prospective buyers that came through the doors for the open day.
    We achieved a great price for the property (to be honest we were a little skeptical with the valuation, but not only did they achieve the price, they exceeded it).
    We would definitely recommend Andrew, Fin and Winkworth's and would use them again to sell our next property.

72. 2

A 4-star review by 'N' 22/8/2014

Aaron Priscott

After leaving my details at the agency, Aaron called me to show me this place, before it was advertised online. I decided I wanted it and things moved forward very quickly. Aaron was extremely helpful and professional. We very much appreciated his help.

However, when it came to signing the contract things dragged out unnecessarily. The agency insisted that we pay everything (deposit + fees + month in advance)immediately, before even letting us even sign the contract, which I felt was unfair. After this I did not see the contract for a month, despite repeated requests. Apart from this they dealt with other requests promptly and efficiently

Overall we appreciated the agency's help, especially Aaron, and we would use them again.

73. 3

A 5-star review by 'S Simkins' 22/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Jaspreet Dabb
    £499950

Andrew CarreJaspreet Dabb

Very efficient dealings with everyone at the office including Andrew and Jaspreet.
    I bought and rented through Winkworths and never had any problems with either negotiations.
    Would recommend

74. 3

A 5-star review by 'KJ' 21/8/2014

£700000

Andrew Carre

Andrew was always prompt, helpful in securing further viewings and we were very pleased with the service from Winkworth. There were other things that caused delays in the process but we got there in the end. We were guided throughout the whole procedure and we were also very satisfied with the recommended lawyers that Andrew suggested. Overall, a very good experience.

75. 2

A 5-star review by 'David Urry' 21/8/2014

Kevin Pearcy, jason de sousa
    £1

Kevin Pearcyjason de sousa

Jason de Sousa is a very polite and efficient agent and also a very pleasant person. He helped me with matters that were outside his responibilities of finding a tenant and completing the tenancy agreement, like for example the condensation problems I was having with the flat ( which I had just bought ). This was before he started to act as an agent and that is why I left the previous agency and dealt with him. He has moved to another branch, unfortunately, but Kevin who I now deal with is also a very pleasant and efficient agent.

76. 3

A 4-star review by 'Hannah Baxter' 21/8/2014

Andrew Carre

Andrew, was very helpful and understanding, he was always there on the other end of the phone. Hugely responive and was a pleasure to do business with him.

I would reccomend him and Winkworths to anyone.

Many thanks,

Hannah

77. 2

A 5-star review by 'Nick Hoffelner' 20/8/2014

£1495

Jason De Sousa

Jason helped me re-let the property after I was having trouble with another agent. I've known Jason for a long time and he's help me let a few properties over a good number of years and I've always found his service excellent and his advice very helpful. In this particular case with Jason help he managed to find me a good tenant in a short space of time.

78. 2

A 4-star review by 'Stephen' 20/8/2014

£1500

Aaron Priscott

Once I had seen the property in question advertised, I called to make an appointment to view - this was handled in a professional manner and I was able to visit the property the next day. Aaron was very helpful throughout the process and very organised once I made made an offer to let the property.
    I also had dealings with Jaspreet who was also friendly and helpful throughout the process.
    Thanks again - a smooth and successful process throughout!

79. 3

A 4-star review by 'Lesley Cuggy' 20/8/2014

£1495

Aaron Priscott

Aaron was excellent and really took an interest in finding the right property for me and my partner. He kept me informed at all times throughout the process. My only complaint was that once we had rented the property the let sign stayed up for 2 months and would still be there if I hadn't of taken it down! I would highly recommend Aaron and Winkworth.

80. 3

A 5-star review by 'Chocci' 19/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Stewart Boyd
    Nw6
    £1500000

Andrew CarreStewart Boyd

We bought our new house through Andrew (and Stewart). Both were refreshingly honest, up front and trustworthy during the viewings, negotiations and purchase process. It shows that agents can get business done while being candid. It was a stark contrast to another local agency. All in all we would highly recommend them both and would not hesitate to recommend them, or buy/sell through them.

81. A 5-star review by 'Karen' 19/8/2014

£550000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Liz is relentless in getting the deal done to the satisfaction of all parties. This is the second purchase that we have done through her.

82. A 5-star review by 'Virginia' 18/8/2014

£805000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Liz was outstanding from the first to the last. she did not hard sell to me in the first place which is why i chose her over foxtons - who are still calling me even though we have sold the house and i am still not returning their calls...
    she was charming warm, efficient and friendly i would always recommend her.
    i thought she made the whole firm look like a class act!

“STANDARD... NO ISSUES.”

83. A 5-star review by 'Steve Beach' 18/8/2014

£157000

Neil Barnes

Having just completed on my property sale i can only speak highly of the excellant and professional service i recieved from the team at Winkworth's. My property was on the market for a small period of time and the communication and feedback from the team was second to none particulary when chasing the buyer and buyers solictor. Special priase for Neil Barnes who looked after my sale and Renee if the office who was excellant and always availble to deal with any of my many requests!!

Thanks again, Steve Beach

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  18/08/2014

Thanks Steve for your kind review , much appreciated by all at Winkworth. Communication is key in our business and we pride ourselves on keeping clients informed of progress and addressing the many issues that inevitably crop up during the conveyancing process. Its also common for us to need to secure another buyer if the first buyer withdraws from the transaction, as happened here.
  84. 3

A 5-star review by 'Tony I' 18/8/2014

£455

Andrew Carre

Right from the start we found the Winkworth staff to be professional and easy to talk to. They helped us through the process and were on the ball when chasing buyers and solicitors. We were more than pleased with the sale price achieved.

85. 3

A 5-star review by 'Mrs Critchley' 18/8/2014

£490000

Russell Chilvers

We met with a number of estate agents when we were first looking to put our property on the market and Winkworth's instantly stood out. Compared to the other agencies they offered a flexible service and we felt Russell gave us some excellent advice on our house sale and reassured us that he would get the buyers in which he did. The service from initial instruction was slick, professional with the house on the market within 24hrs of being photographed and communication lines were brilliant all the way through to sale and guidance and advice offered when needed. When we sell again in the future we will only use Winkworth and would highly recommend them to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COMPETITIVE AND THE WILLINGNESS TO NEGOTIATE ON THE FEES WAS APPRECIATED.”

86. 3

A 4-star review by 'Sarie' 18/8/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The Willesden Green Winkworth team were very competitive with their sales commission as well as being professional to deal with.
    Russell was outstanding in organising the open day of the flat and gathering a group of validated buyers that were serious about the area and the type of property. We had two offers on the table by the end of the day. A challenging sale scenario played out over the next couple of months which Russell and his team navigated with diplomacy and tact.
    A bit more communication to me as the seller throughout the process would have been useful but all in all a very satisfactory experience.

“VERY COMPETITIVE”

87. A 5-star review by 'Tara W' 16/8/2014

£1200

Joanna Hewitt

My partner and I have been tenants for the last 3 years since moving to London. Throughout our time in this property Winkworth have been extremely helpful and always available, in particular Jo. She is always willing to help and has helped make our time in the property as trouble free as possible. I can happily say on behalf of my partner and I that we would have no hesitations about recommending Winkworth and Jo to anyone looking to rent.

88. 3

A 5-star review by 'Sophie Oliver' 14/8/2014

£1000000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent was very proactive and knowledgable about the property in his viewings to prospective buyers. He had the right amount of enthusiasm without being over the top and respected buyers opinions. They listened to us (the sellers) instructions carefully and respectfully and reflected this in the way they handled each individual prospective buyer.

89. 2

A 5-star review by 'marcsperber' 12/8/2014

Tormod Smith, Russell Chilvers
    £350000

Tormod SmithRussell Chilvers

We used Winkworths (Willesden Green) to successfully sell our flat, previously using Foxtons (Willesden Green) to no avail.

The team brought in the perfect prospective buyers to view the property and it was sold within a week, after one open day, and for above the asking price.

Tormod and Russell were both extremely communicative, proactive and highly professional throughout the entire process, any issues we had were dealt with with speed and accuracy.

I have no hesitation in recommending them and have done so to friends who still live in the area.

90. 1

A 5-star review by 'angela alonso' 11/8/2014

Leila Asrar

Leila is a true professional who worked very hard to liaison with seller, solicitors and make the things happen, who is warm, calm, reliable, capable, like a sister to me. I highly recommend Leila to anyone. Winkworth is lucky to have such an asset.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I AM A BUYER, NOT SELLER”

91. 2

A 5-star review by 'J Parker' 8/8/2014

NW6

Stewart Boyd

We were very impressed with the sales team, especially Stewart Boyd. He understood our need for privacy and for speed and both were achieved. We would recommend this branch of Winkworth to anyone looking to sell their house in the area.

92. A 1-star review by 'Charlie' 8/8/2014

Branch:
    106 Highbury Park Highbury (Islington) (London) (Greater London)
    N1
    £2500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth have the most unprofessional, negligent people working for them. When I moved into my flat, 1 year ago I could see water damage had formed in certain areas. Not only was it ugly, but also made me wonder about mould and structural issues. After asking to have it addressed about 5 times the first month, it continued to get worse. After sending photos, people from Winkworth came to see it a number of times. I asked consistently every few weeks for 9 MONTHS to have it fixed since it became exponentially worse. Eventually one day, the ceiling caved in entirely, leaving a hole with a... (read more)

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Return phone calls, and do the job they are paid for! Not letting issues go on for 9 months until the tenant is put in danger by structural collapses. To make repairs, people do not need to enter the flat on 9 occasions so that they can get the cheapest quote.”

93. A 5-star review by 'Sue' 1/8/2014

£460000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent quickly understood my situation and valued the property accurately, advising me of what I needed to do. The property was advertised to my satisfaction and viewings were arranged without delay. Negotiations with the buyer were made on my behalf, according to my instructions. As the sale proceeded I was pleased to be updated, and all at Winkworths treated me with courtesy. I was very pleased with the service they provided.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  07/08/2014

Thanks Sue for your lovely review . We appreciated the fact that it was an emotional sale for you and glad that we were able to help bring it to a successful conclusion for you.
  94. 3

A 5-star review by 'amice lock' 31/7/2014

Andrew Carre, Fin Cook
    £2125000

Andrew CarreFin Cook

Excellent service - always at the end of the phone. Accessible, professional and proactive. I was very impressed with all the staff in the branch; Stewart from the outset who convinced us he would secure best value and Andrew and Finlay who showed the house. Andrew subsequently secured the sale and was extremely helpful throughout the sometimes frustrating process (driven by the purchasers timeframe and nit picking lawyers!

95. 1

A 5-star review by 'Audrey' 25/7/2014

£420000

Leila Asrar

We bought a property with Winkworth and Leila was our estate agent. We cannot say enough positive things about how hard Leila worked to ensure we got the property we had set our hearts on. It was not an easy sale and more than once it looked like it would fall through. But Leila pursued the vendors and after a lot of negotiating we got the property at the the price we originally offered. We cannot praise Leila or Winkworth enough and would highly recommend them if you are looking for a property.

96. 1

A 5-star review by 'Paul' 25/7/2014

Leila Asrar

The service was excellent. My girlfriend and I purchased our first flat with the help of Leila. As first time buyers we didn't really know what we should be doing at any stage of the process! Leila was super helpful, patient, answered my daily emails, managed expectations of all parties correctly and helped us navigate some interesting issues with a solicitor. I would trust Leila again with the sale / purchase of a property.

97. 2

A 4-star review by 'Charlotte' 25/7/2014

Stewart Boyd

I was very impressed by Stewart Boyd's team - they were attentive and really helped push out difficult purchase through -highly recommended.

98. 1

A 5-star review by 'John' 17/7/2014

£1500000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was keen to buy in Kensal Rise and Winkworths notified me of a property that was due to hit the market and kindly sent me photos ahead of the open day.

The Open day generated a lot of interest and I managed to secure the property.

Excellent, friendly service. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to a buyer or seller.

99. 4

A 5-star review by 'Jane Iremonger' 17/7/2014

Ahmet Hussein

I found Mr Ahmet Hussein extremely courteous during all the visits I made to the flat that I wanted to buy. Contacting and arranging visits was no trouble for him. I know he represented the interests of the vendor but I also felt that he did everything he could to give me the best chance of being the purchaser.

Ahmet was always very patient with me when I constantly rang to inquire about the flat's progress. He did everything he could to speed things along, ringing all parties concerned.

I would highly recommend this estate agent to anyone thinking of selling or buying.

100. 1

A 3-star review by 'john' 16/7/2014

£454000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

the agent's job is to bring the 2 parties together and secure a deal. this did happen, though i think there could have been ways it happened sooner. there were frustrating times when the agent was unavailable and when communication between the various parties could have been quicker. there was a longer gap than anticipated between making the initial offer and completion. all parties contributed to the delays: there may be ways the agent can facilitate the process a bit more.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE FEES DO NOT REFLECT THE AMOUNT OF WORK INVOLVED IN THIS PURCHASE. IE THEY EARN A LOT OF MONEY FOR NOT A LOT OF OBVIOUS WORK. [I REALISE THAT NOT ALL PROPERTIES TAKEN ON BY ANY ONE AGENT GET SOLD BY THAT AGENT, BUT I DON\'T LIKE THE IDEA OF SUBSIDISING NON-DEALS.]”

View All Comments (1)by Stewart Boyd  16/07/2014

Hi John, thanks for this feedback. Agreed, we can always work harder to try to limit these delays and good communication should be the key to managing the expectations of our clients. It has been difficult recently with a lack of qualified surveyors, and the mortgage review process is slowing the conveyencing process. Thanks for the review. I have shared it with my colleagues and I hope you like the living in the new flat.
  101. 2

A 5-star review by 'Tom McD' 16/7/2014

£499950

Andrew Carre

Really excellent service - we met with 5 or 6 estate agents in the area and, although they actually quoted the lowest price sale price of any of them, we chose to go with them because they had a really clear and sensible strategy and they seemed to be trustworthy (which proved to be the case). In the end we got considerably over asking price anyway. During the sale, our initial buyer pulled out without warning on day of exchange, but they managed to get 25+ people in the door 3 days later and we had secured a new buyer at a better price two days after that. Couldn't really ask for more. They also came and met us on a Sunday when they were closed as we were locked out of our house after holiday and they had the spare key. Would def recommend these guys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE FINE. TYPICAL FOR THE AREA NOW.”

102. 2

A 5-star review by 'Leon Stone' 15/7/2014

£500000

Russell Chilvers

From the first visit I had a confident feel about dealing with Russell and this continued when I met the team. They were all well presented, positive and professional and were throughout the whole transaction which was stressful and time-consuming but through no fault of the agents. They chased the solicitors constantly and pushed the buyers to perform, and I felt they were in control throughout. I'm very pleased with the performance of Russell, Tormod and the rest of the team at Winkworth Willesden.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST AGENT OUT THERE BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN LIFE AND I\'M HAPPY TO PAY FOR A GREAT PRICE ACHIEVED AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.”

103. 4

A 5-star review by 'Athena' 14/7/2014

Ahmet Hussein

Ahmet is the best estate agent out there!

The purchase of our house took 9 months due to various difficulties along the way, however, Ahmet was there throughout the whole process and was more than helpful, kind, empathic, understanding and was key in making it go through for us! We couldn't be happier with the service and can honestly say that we would not have completed on this house without the help from Ahmet.

Thank you to the whole team at Palmers Green Winkworth as they were always helpful, nice and willing to do anything to help. I've had some horrible experiences with estate agents and although the sale of this was so much longer than we could have even anticipated or imagined - Ahmet was a constant champion throughout! He went above and beyond :)

We can not thank you enough and will definitely use Winkworth (especially Ahmet though) again!!!!

104. 2

A 5-star review by 'GillianSwaine' 14/7/2014

Russell Chilvers, Tormod Smith

Russell ChilversTormod Smith

Russell and Tormod moved heaven and earth to get my sale to a positive conclusion. They were proactive and supportive, when at times, things looked like stalling.

Without them working on this sale, I really don't think we would have reached the positive outcome which we have, and I can't thank them enough!

I would not hesitate to recommend Winkworths if Russell and Tormod are examples of the calibre of their employees!

Comments on the Agents fees

“A FAIR FEE FOR THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT REQUIRED BY THE AGENTS”

105. A 5-star review by 'NIGEL Dawson-Smallwood' 11/7/2014

Neil Barnes

My move was made easier with a supportive and professional service by everyone in the Office. Neil gave me more support and information than the Solicitors that were dealing with my sale and helped make the final outcome possible. As i mentioned every employee i had occasion to deal with at the W.Park Office were really clear and helpful as my move was made in a very stressful time in my life. Thanks to all of them. Yours Nigel D-Smallwood

106. A 4-star review by 'lou' 7/7/2014

£626000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth provided the kind of service I would like from an estate agent whilst selling: they took a lot of stress out of the sale whilst achieving a very satisfactory price. Liz was super efficient and provided a great service (doing everything she could to make the sale go smoothyly). I brought from Winkworth 20 years ago and I recommended them and I would definitely recommend them now

107. A 1-star review by 'Alex' 7/7/2014

br7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
    I chose this agency because I read their reviews on this website. My experience with this agency has been awful. I have to admit that this is the first time I deal with estate agents for selling a property but they really did not impress me..or the impressed in an extremely negative way. To the point that, if this estate agency is one of the good one....I'm totally lost for words!
    I picked them because they were very honest regarding my property and the housing market at the current time...while other agents seem too good to be true in... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVEN`T SOLD MY PROPERTY WITH THEM YET. I JUST WANT TO SHARE MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE ABOUT TO SELL THEIR PROPERTY AND LOOK FOR AN ESTATE AGENCY. JUST TO WARN THEM!!!! FEES SEEMS OK THOUGH..PRETTY AVERAGE.”

View All Comments (1)by Chris Lang  10/07/2014

Dear Alessandra, I am sorry that you have felt this way and even sorrier that you have felt the need to write such a negative review. Firstly in regards to the open day, as mentioned to you on the phone and in the email I sent to you early on Monday morning I can 100% vouch for Anthony. He arrived at the property at 9.45am and the viewer was already waiting outside in the car park. Anthony spent 5 minutes talking to the gentleman and then came in to see you. I know this because Anthony called me at 9.51am to ask me a quick question. I am even prepared to show you my call log where you... (read more)
  108. A 4-star review by 'Anthony Whelan' 3/7/2014

£400000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very helpful and responsive.He kept us fully informed during the period of the sale.It was good to have someone thinking ahead to ensure that any delays were kept to a minimum.

109. A 5-star review by 'Simon' 1/7/2014

£705000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dealing with Winkworths was different to pretty much all other estate agents I have come across. They are genuinely, nice, friendly, professional people who want the best for their clients. They offered advice when we asked for it, they were courteous, talked to us on our level and most importantly didn't pressure us at any stage. It made what I thought was going to be quite a stressful experience run smoothly.

As an aside they know the area so well and gave us a good gauge of value based on what other properties had sold for. I would definitely recommend them.

110. 3

A 5-star review by 'CL' 30/6/2014

NW1
    £385

Aaron Priscott

Aaron has been a pleasure to work with. Professional, courteous, efficient and reliable. His communication skills are excellent both with us the customer, and also prospective tenants. He always gave us notice of inspection times and was always prompt. We felt his review of our property was realistic and his knowledge of the local rental market comprehensive. Aaron was always quick to respond to our queries. Overall we're really pleased with the service Aaron has provided us with and based on this, we would happily use Winkworth in the future, and also recommend them to others.

111. A 2-star review by 'ac' 24/6/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was trying to let my flat out through winkworth. James is very friendly. He managed to find me a tenant although at a lower than expected price, which i accepted in the end. when it comes to just before tenant moving in, stells told me that they need safety certificates. I provided the legally required certificates for gas and electrics which come together from the developer as my flat is a new built. Then stella insisted that i should do PAT test as well. I consulted my solicitor and it is not really necessary. Given all electronics in the flat are new and up to UK safety standard, i said... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by Ben Hunt  30/06/2014

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service we provided. To address your concerns, firstly the price was in part dictated by the sheer number of flats that have come to the market within the same development at the same time – there are still a number of flats there which are empty as they have been priced too highly. We would always recommend a client has a PAT (Portable Appliance Test) test in order to protect them. I must apologise as it seems that this was not fully explained to you, as the certificates you had would relate to the electrical installation and not necessarily the appliances. The PAT test would also cover any other appliances you may have put in to the property such as toaster, kettle etc. With regard to the keys I can only apologise for the misunderstanding.
  112. 1

A 5-star review by 'Susie' 24/6/2014

Neil Barnes, Jordan Rhodes
    SM4
    £208000

Neil BarnesJordan Rhodes

I found Winkworths staff to be both efficient and friendly. Both the staff member who showed me around the property and the one who dealt with the sale were very helpful and at no point did I feel pressurised or like any question was too much trouble. The agent involved in the purchase of my property was extremely helpful and helped to move things along smoothly, chasing both sides solicitors etc. All in all I have had an excellent experience of Winkworths and would definately use them again and recommend them for buying and selling.

View All Comments (1)by Neil  25/06/2014

Thank you for your review , your comments are most appreciated and we are delighted you had an excellent experience with Winkworth .
  113. A 5-star review by 'Paula' 23/6/2014

E3
    £383000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold my property in Bow through Winkworth in 2014 at a time when the market in East London is crazy. Whilst several agents approached me making claims of ridiculous sales prices achieved through one mass viewing, requiring little effort from themselves and much stress for all participants, with a high likelihood of falling through thereafter, Andre suggested alternatives which he would manage personally, to achieve target and realistic values. His attention to my wishes as a customer, and assistance throughout the sales process was exceptional, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and the Winkworth team to future sellers. Andre helped manage the post offer period effectively, keeping me up to date, and stayed positive throughout, despite the whole process taking a very long time. Definitely the most customer centric agent in Bow!

114. A 5-star review by 'M Kelly' 19/6/2014

Branch:
    37 Church Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    edward foley, Charles Tavner
    SW19

edward foleyCharles Tavner

I recently had the pleasure of dealing with the very helpful staff at the Wimbledon Village Branch, located on Church Road and I must say that they all excelled.

Everyone, including Charles Travers and Edward Foley, along with Susie Robinson, were very helpful and pleasant and each would go the extra mile to ensure that both of the clients best interests were being served. Unlike some estate agents were their client (in my case, the landlord) was served to the potential detriment of the tenant, the Wimbledon team did everything they could to assist me while still serving their client, so a win, win situation was created.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the team to any of my colleagues or clients.

115. 4

A 5-star review by 'ML' 18/6/2014

N22
    £270000

Ahmet Hussein

It is with great pleasure for me to write this review to provide my feedback on the service I have received from Winkworth, Palmers Green during my very recent purchase of a property through them. Having dealt with many estate agents over many years both here in London and in Sydney, I have come to the conclusion that quite simply Ahmet Hussein your sales manager is above and beyond all the rest of them by a clear mile. It is quite obvious because of the great amount of time and effort he has put into the ongoing contract negotiations which has spanned close to 11 months to get to... (read more)

116. A 5-star review by 'PSHUTTLE' 13/6/2014

Branch:
    97 Church Road (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    Toby Powell
    BN3
    £290000

Toby Powell

Whilst buying a property in England was not painless or stress-free, Winkworth's worked very hard to reassure, calm and assist. The first property we placed an offer on fell through and Winkworth's were really apologetic about it (it wasn't their fault, we gambled on a dodgy vendor). They immediately tried to remedy the problem and showed us a lovely flat which we placed an offer on.
    There were a few issues with the flat (paperwork, consents etc.) but the amount of running around Toby did was above and beyond. When Toby wasn't available the others in the office were also very supportive.
    I have recommended Winkworth's to sellers and buyers alike (although buyers don't have much choice). It also takes a lot for me to bother writing a review but I wanted to express my gratitude.

117. A 5-star review by 'Harvey' 13/6/2014

Steve Brown, Anthony Whelan

Steve BrownAnthony Whelan

Steve the manager came round to value our house, very friendly & approachable without being over the top. Anthony did most of the viewings & feed backs & again was never overpowering & listen to exactly how I wanted to market the house. Always very polite & my calls, messages or emails were always answered quickly.

118. A 5-star review by 'Albert Zandvoort' 7/6/2014

£281000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Great personal attention from Liz and good support to ensure a smooth transaction. Will definitely recommend Liz at Winkworths to others.

119. A 5-star review by 'Andy C' 5/6/2014

£3055

Joanna Hewitt

I've been a tenant for 3 years since moving from University and have nothing but great things to say not only about Winkworth, but in particular Joanna. Our dealings throughout the initial house hunt, to moving in, to handling maintenance and all the things in managing a property day-to-day have been done with aplomb.

Joanna has always communicated with all 5 of us in the property to ensure our time there has been as trouble-free as possible - she is always willing to help and always very accommodating with any (at times unreasonable) request that we have had. We are sad to be leaving Winkworth and Joanna due to property sale, but have no hesitations about recommending her and Winkworth to anyone looking for a let. Thank you so much!

120. A 1-star review by 'AA' 3/6/2014

BH6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The initial contact was quite good but they did not keep to their promises in relation to the price they considered they could get for my flat, the photos they used, their attitude to me after approximately two weeks, the fact they did not give me a copy of the Terms of business before I signed, then they gave me their office copy not the Client cop of the agreement and finally refused to release me from the contract when I gave them one months notice and they did not even have the respect to respond to any letters of emails from me even at the end of the contract. I have since taken my business of selling the flat elsewhere and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone!

121. 5

A 5-star review by 'gregc' 21/5/2014

Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein

Leila AsrarAhmet Hussein

We would have no hesitation in recommending Leila and Ahmet, who sold our flat earlier this year. They were extremely professional, responsive and offered excellent advice at all stages of the selling process. They were also extremely helpful in negotiations so solicitors didn’t need to get involved in every little detail. We would definitely use them again.

122. A 5-star review by 'James' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    10-11 Grand Parade (Green Lanes) (London) (Greater London)
    first name last name
    N8

first name last name

All the staff at Winkworth Harringay were helpful, polite and professional in all our dealings with them. Dimitri and Andreas in particular were very quick to return calls and emails and were always helpful and able to get the information that we needed. They were friendly, honest and straightforward at all times. This was our first house purchase and the staff at Winkworth made it very easy. I would certainly recommend this estate agents to others looking to buy.

123. 5

A 5-star review by 'Palmers First time buyers' 13/5/2014

Ahmet Hussein

We have just completed on purchasing a house in the Southgate/Palmers Green area. The purchase was challenging due to the chain and the vendors' needs and took 6 months from handshake to completion. Ahmet at the Winkworth office was thoroughly professional and communicative throughout, doing an excellent job of balancing the sellers' needs with the buyers'. We weren't expecting to find an estate agent who seemed to genuinely care about the situation of all parties involved and who genuinely wanted to achieve the best result for all parties, and whose integrity was never in doubt for a second.

Would highly recommend Winkworth Palmers Green for any buyers or sellers who value and care for the local community.

124. A 5-star review by 'Niki' 5/5/2014

Se9
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From initial valuation through to the finished process I found Steve and Anthony a pleasure to deal with. Sensitive from the sellers and buyers perspective and careful negotiations from the purchase price through to the point of exchange. Anthony demonstrated a thoughtful approach when dealing with the chain from the bottom up. i would highly recommend using them

125. A 5-star review by 'Ryan R' 30/4/2014

Cristina Peliza, Simon Waller

Cristina PelizaSimon Waller

Winkworth has been managing my property in Shepherd's Bush now for nearly 10 years now, as I reside overseas. The service has been mostly top class. The tenant selection has also been solid. There have only been very occasional incidents of disputes with tenants & these were handled well by the property manager. When my property has required repairs & maintenance, this has been effectively addressed by Winkworth. Cristina Peliza is my current property manager - she is competent & efficient. Over the years, I have also received good counsel from Simon Waller the branch manager. Overall, I am happy to recommend them as an estate agent.

Regards
    Ryan

126. 2

A 5-star review by 'Samar Fazil' 30/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The team were very professional. They marketed the property quickly, arranged viewings very soon after and kept me informed of feedback. The whole process went from start to finish within about two weeks. Very pleased with the service and will definitely recommend in future.

127. 5

A 5-star review by 'MACM' 29/4/2014

Ahmet Hussein

During a process which had so many potential derailers, including the vendors separating/divorcing and lack of planning permission for building works as well as less than effective solicitors on both our side and the vendors; Ahmet played a huge role in making our purchase happen and his perseverance and professionalism as well as sense of perspective and humour during what became quite a fraught process at times was extremely appreciated and valued.

128. A 5-star review by 'Zoe Bates' 28/4/2014

Andre Harriott
    E3 2

Andre Harriott

Andre was recommended to me by the Director of Winkworth in Worthing. We had previously had excellent service from them when buying a property and could not fault the service that Andre has now given me in selling my property in Bow, London. So professional and understanding to my needs - without his assistance I would not have completed within my given timescale.

129. 4

A 5-star review by 'Steve, N22' 28/4/2014

Leila Asrar

I have recently rented out a property I own in Palmers Green through Winkworths. Leila and Ahmet have both been very helpful throughout the process from initially coming to value the property for the rental market, marketing the property, through to finding the right tenant for me. They have kept me up to date with progress at all times and my new tenant is about to move in. I would happily recommend them, they are now currently helping me find another property to buy.

130. 2

A 5-star review by 'Matthew Jones' 26/4/2014

Russell ChilversDaniel Breslin

Russell and Daniel were both very helpful and professional and even reassuring during the worrying times. I believe we managed to get a record price for our street for the property so we have no complaints at all. We would definitely use Winkworth again based upon our experience of Russell and Daniel. Thank you.

131. A 5-star review by 'Claire & Karen' 24/4/2014

Renee ACTON

Renee ACTON

Renee met us at the property and was very helpful showing us around on more than one occasion and on short notice to. As we do not live in this area the viewing times were after work in the evening & she was more than willing to wait. We also viewed in the morning & afternoon, Renee was very accommodating with the times we could view.
    Once we had our offer accepted Neil then took over & he was very helpful with any questions that we had about the property & the next process. If I left a message for him he would return my call the same day. Any queries I had for the owner he passed on and returned with an answer for us very quickly. He offered advice when asked and also kept us up to date via calls and e mails regularly.
    Will not hesitate to use them again, if we move. The customer service was excellent.
    Both Neil & Renee were very helpful & friendly.

View All Comments (1)by Neil  25/04/2014

Thank you very much . We'll always try to accommodate viewings outside of usual office hours and return calls and answer questions as soon as possible . We are really pleased you found our service to be excellent and wish you all the best in your new home.
  132. 3

A 5-star review by 'Gama' 16/4/2014

Russell ChilversDaniel Breslin

Winkworth achieved great prices for our properties that we were selling. Both Russell and Daniel were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and I would definitely use them again.

133. 2

A 5-star review by 'Gama' 16/4/2014

134. 4

A 4-star review by 'olaf' 15/4/2014

w9 3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworths were great, super fast efficient the flat was rented in no time at all at asking price, happy landlord, happy tenents.

135. A 5-star review by 'Danielle' 14/4/2014

Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt

I would really recommend using this Winkworth office. We changed to them after being unhappy with the first agent that we went with and they were excellent. We dealt with Ben and Liz and they were both great. Liz was our primary contact and she was great all the way through the process until the sale was completed. They got lots of the right sort of viewers through the door so when we sold we were confident we had got the right price for our property. They also gave us great advice about how to best present our property. Liz managed our buyer really well which meant we were confident that the sale would go ahead (and not fall through) which was really important in the already stressful process of selling a house, especially in this market. There are a lot of agents in this part of Hammersmith and it can be hard to make a decision so if you are looking, I would really recommend them.

136. A 5-star review by 'Sharon Woodlands' 14/4/2014

SM1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My husband and myself chose to use Winkworth as our sole agents because they didn't try to sell themselves to us. Through the whole process of selling our house we were kept updated every step of the way. When Jordan came to show prospective buyers the property she dealt with them in a professional manner and was on time for the viewings and, importantly knowledgeable about the property. Would we recommend Winkworth, one word YES.

View All Comments (1)by Neil  23/04/2014

Thanks very much for your feedback. We train our sales negotiators through the Winkworth Academy and take pride in the local knowledge they have. Many of our buyers also comment on how much more enthusiastic and knowledgeable the Winkworth staff are which means our vendors receive a great service from people who really care about their property and the local area.
  137. 4

A 5-star review by 'Tom and Anna' 14/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworths responded swiftly and fully to all of our queries and requests througout the process. They understood what we were seeking both in timescales and price, and delivered an excellent service in achieving this.

138. A 5-star review by 'ELight' 13/4/2014

Neil Barnes

Winkworth have been very professional in their approach and always updated us. They were very approachable and always felt I could approach Neil for advice. We actually had multiple offers on our property and Neil presented us with all options and provided us with the best advice that he could. Unfortunately, due to rising prices and there not being enough properties out there, we have pulled out, but Winkworth were very understanding. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them if/when we come to do it again.

View All Comments (1)by Neil  23/04/2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are in an unusual market at the moment and many vendors are finding it much easier to sell than to buy . At Winkworth we work with all our clients to help them wherever possible to both buy and sell and are always on hand to provide friendly , professional advice on finding a property as well as selling one . We are also expert at achieving the maximum market price for our clients which makes a big difference to their ability to find their next home. We look forward to helping you again in the future.
  139. 4

A 5-star review by 'Tracey' 10/4/2014

Ahmet Hussein, Leila Asrar

Ahmet HusseinLeila Asrar

Don't believe all the negative reports you read and hear about estate agents! The team at Winkworth in Palmers Green is lovely! I was moving home with my elderly parents and Ahmet and Leila could not have been more helpful and supportive; at all times I felt I could approach them for assistance or advice and they were always kind and considerate. I cannot recommend them highly enough - a pleasure to do business with.

140. A 5-star review by 'Ash S' 8/4/2014

Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt

I only have good things to say about the service Winkworth provided.

- I initially contacted Liz regarding a property on their site and once she knew what we were after she showed us a fair few nice places (the property that we have purchased is one of her recommendations, not the original flat that I enquired about)
    - as a first time buyer it was greatly appreciated that Liz was always very helpful (and patient!) with regards my constant stream of questions
    - they recommended a very good mortgage broker and helpful lawyer
    - had very quick response times
    - Winkworth were very honest throughout, great to deal with

141. 1

A 1-star review by 'Gregorio B' 6/4/2014

w6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I walked into this agency as a prospective buyer about a month ago, hoping to have a quick chat with someone and leave my details to get updates on properties as they became available. They almost laughed when I told them how much I was going to spend on the house and what I hoped to get out of it. I was basically told that I couldn't get much for 500k and I was wasting my time. They begrudgingly took my details and then hurried me out the door, making it obvious they had bigger fish to fry. Needless to say, they haven't been in touch since. In the meantime, I have found exactly what I wanted in the price range available to me. Unfortunately, this belittling experience still makes me feel angry every time I think about it.

View All Comments (1)by Ben Hunt  10/04/2014

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with your experiences dealing with Winkworth Hammersmith. I’d be more than happy to discuss the matter further with you, if you could contact me directly. Ben Hunt, Sales Manager
  142. 4

A 5-star review by 'paul o'connor' 3/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Having dealt with other agents in Palmers Green/ Southgate area Winkworths were streets ahead of the others. I liken the difference to dealing with adults or children. When selling something as important as your home you really need to deal with adults not children. Their commitment to finalising the transaction involved not only negotiating the price but helping appoint professional Solicitors and arranging assistance for the buyer's move.

143. A 5-star review by 'Simon Caffrey' 2/4/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was a tenant through Winkworth in Shepherd's Bush for 7 years and they were first class from start to finish. They negotiated rent increases with the landlord and were very supportive. The staff are dedicated, well trained and very friendly. Well done Winkworth.

View All Comments (1)by Terence  03/04/2014

Thank you Simon, It was a pleasure dealing with you over the last 5 and a half years! We wish you all the best in your new property. The Team at Winkworth
  144. A 5-star review by 'James Brown' 31/3/2014

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly took over looking after me as a new tenant and the property after her colleague was taken seriously ill. In spite of what must have been a stressful time for her, particularly with me being so difficult to contact due to my own work commitments, I believe Kelly has always done her very best to appease the stress of moving for me and act diligently on behalf of the landlord.
    She seems like a good egg : )

145. A 5-star review by 'Mrs P Meier' 31/3/2014

Branch:
    364 Regents Park Road (Finchley) (London) (Greater London)
    N3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All my dealings with the staff at this branch were favourable: they were unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. Kyri always answered queries promptly, and went out of his way to help, eg showing me the property outside the 'block' times as I was coming from a fair way away etc.

146. A 4-star review by 'Hugo Fulco' 30/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Mr. Cooper was extremely helpful during our flat search in November 2013. He showed us several prospective flats and narrowed our search significantly, catering to our needs. I was impressed with his dedication and his ability in clearing up any doubts we had. We have had a fantastic stay at our 3-bedroom flat and have Chris Cooper to thank for finding us this lovely place.

147. 4

A 5-star review by 'Helen Terry' 25/3/2014

nw6

Jason De Sousa

I was kept fully informed by Jason at all times. He worked quickly and efficiently to find the best tenant possible for my property and achieved a good market rental. At all times he was cooperative and happy to answer any queries I had.

148. 5

A 5-star review by 'Ms Stamatiou' 25/3/2014

N21
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have recently sold my property through Winkworth Estate Agents in December 2013. I found the agents to be very professional, honest and caring. I was trying to sell my property through another agent for over a year. The team at Winkworth took less than a couple of weeks to find me a buyer and I would highly recommend them. I also purchased a property through them at the start of the year, which they helped to facilitate an extremely smooth and stress free transaction. Very pleased with the team.

149. A 4-star review by 'Yury Korolev' 24/3/2014

Woody Bridgeman

Woody Bridgeman

I met Woody at a viewing of a flat that I found on Rightmove. The property did not really meet my expectations, but when I briefly described my needs, Woody offered me another one. He was doing his best to offer me a good flat. He was helpful and honest and also well informed about things like the Council Tax. He was very effective and fast during the negotiations.
    There was a difficulty at the stage of signing the contract as the first version of the contract that Woody sent to me was not worked out properly; apparently, he did not check the text before sending it. The numbering was totally... (read more)

150. 4

A 5-star review by 'JHunter' 21/3/2014

Jason De Sousa, Christine Boyd

Jason De SousaChristine Boyd

I chose Winkworth because I was impressed with their high level of professionalism combined with their good price. Their service didn't quite match what Foxtons were giving me - but the Winkworth staff far out-stripped the service of the three or four other estate agents I had approached and they weren't charging the excessive fees of Foxtons.

The team kept me updated regularly, and very important to me - were honest and I felt this was a 'good' business deal, rather than feeling I was being taken for a ride (which Foxtons left me feeling).

I would recommend the Willesden Green team.

151. 5

A 5-star review by 'Fiona Durkin' 20/3/2014

Aaron Priscott, Jason De Sousa

Aaron PriscottJason De Sousa

Both Aaron and Jason listened and understood what I was looking for in a tenant which made them stand out from other estate agents. I also found them to be the most realistic in managing my expectations and appreciated their honest approach after having been messed around by other estate agents. I will definitely use Winkworth in Willesden Green again.

152. 1

A 5-star review by 'N Gray' 19/3/2014

Branch:
    16 The Polygon (Clapham) (London) (Greater London)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth were great. They found a buyer for the full asking price within a day or so of the property going on the market and they were professional and courteous to deal with.

153. A 5-star review by 'Dawn' 18/3/2014

Buying agent

Neil Barnes

We have encountered some problems during the buying process but Neil has been very helpful and patient throughout the whole process which have resulted favourably for both parties. I strongly recommend Winkworth for the superb customer service provided.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  21/03/2014

Thank you Dawn . We had many problems during the course of this sale but we reached a successful conclusion for everyone . Open , honest communication was key and I thank you for your calm and considered approach to the issues we discussed and resolved . I am sure you will love living in your new home.
  154. A 5-star review by 'Eleanor W' 18/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was incredibly helpful in our search for a flat. He listened to what we wanted and came up with several options when many agents had forgotten about us after the initial search. When it came to putting in an offer he was excellent in negotiating with the landlord on our behalf and got us a great deal. All in all - really good work.f

155. A 4-star review by 'Devendra Rajcoomar' 18/3/2014

Chris Cooper

My girlfriend and I needed to find a place to let within a week of moving to London from Toronto and we had searched online and met with a few other real estate agents throughout zones 1-3 with little interest in what was available. By chance we happened to enter into Winkworths' office where we met Chris. After sharing our needs with him, he took us to view a flat which met our needs. Because I had to leave soon to return to work overseas, we needed to find a place and move in before I left, so I could assist Patricia with settling in. Chris understood our situation and helped us to make an... (read more)

156. A 5-star review by 'Francois De Freitas' 18/3/2014

Branch:
    118 Kensington Church Street (Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    SE5

Chris Cooper

In my search for an apartment, Chris understood completely my requirements in terms of accommodation style and budget. From the start of our discussions until the signature for the tenancy, Chris has always been very helpful and show extreme customer services skills
    thanks
    Francois

157. 4

A 5-star review by 'Robert Hilliard' 18/3/2014

Russell Chilvers

A very nice chap ,He did everything in a very caring and understanding way , He found a very nice couple for our home ,I hope and am sure all parties are very very happy

158. A 5-star review by 'Mikki' 18/3/2014

Neil Barnes, Jordan Rhodes

Neil BarnesJordan Rhodes

As first time buyers we were quite unsure of the process of buying a property however the wealth of experience and professionalism that the staff at Winkworths have really helped us. A massive thank you to Neil who liaised with the vendor and solicitors and communicated with us every step of the way.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  27/03/2014

Thanks Mikki , much appreciated. Buying for the first time can be a daunting process but a good agent will talk a buyer and seller through the process and how the system works , who is responsible for what and the part that everyone has to play. Our offices in Worcester Park and Cheam have now sold over 1000 properties so we have a wealth of experience and knowledge that we are keen to share with vendors and buyers alike.
  159. A 3-star review by 'David Wales' 17/3/2014

Shaun Amner, Susie

Shaun AmnerSusie

The engagement process at Winkworth at Cheam was very straightforward. We found the partner, Shaun to be personable and understanding of our situation and not a 'sterotypical salesman'.

We had plenty of viewings but on a couple of occasions things were not left as they should
    , ie. blind left up at front of house, mud trodden across kitchen floor and mat (which had to be washed!), power shower turned on and water splashed. On one occasion the back door was left unlocked for a short time before the agent realised and returned to lock it (she rang to let me know).

The arrangements and viewings were conducted by Susie who we found to be rather 'quick' on the telephone and not very personable.

View All Comments (1)by Shaun  21/03/2014

Hi David Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we really do appreciate all feedback. I'm sorry that on some occasions things weren't left as they should have been as our policy is always to "leave as we find". I'm also sorry to hear that some mud had been trodden into your property. Unfortunately these things are hard to legislate for, especially when people are viewing the garden during the winter months. As you know, it wasn't always easy keeping your sale together for such an extended period whilst you searched for a suitable property to buy and we all worked hard to replace your initial buyer after the chain eventually collapsed due to the time involved. We were all disappointed for you when you eventually decided to withdraw from the market altogether but would be very happy to represent you again should you decide to sell at some point in the future.
  160. A 5-star review by 'Jonny Hooley' 17/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Whilst looking for a temporary apartment whilst my own is undergoing renovation , a friend found one and Chris was going to be the agent . From the start he was relaxed , chatty , and went into all the details I needed . After a few more viewings , he was able to sit down with me and go through budget breakdowns and I never once felt patronized or that he was on auto agent mode , I didn't feel I was being pushy if I called him , I wasn't an imposition .
    Putting the holding deposit down I felt I had received great service .

161. A 5-star review by 'Charlotte' 14/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper was an excellent agent. He found me tenants within a couple of days. I have been extremely pleased with them and think they were perfect for the property. Chris was extremely prompt replying to emails and getting me information. He was punctual, friendly, very helpful and explained all details very clearly. I had used Winkworth to rent my flat 10 years ago and didn't have a particularly good impression, but Chris really turned that around.

162. A 5-star review by 'A Shelly' 13/3/2014

Kelly Le Provost, Elizabeth Daley

Kelly Le ProvostElizabeth Daley

I have dealt with Winkworths for a number of years and have always found them to be incredibly helpful. Recently, a new tenant departed and within two days, the property was ready for the new tenant to move in! They took care of references, inventory, arranging cleaners (when the outgoing tenants hadn't done the job) and gardeners to revert the property to the standard I would wish to move into. The whole team are engaging, pleasant and thorough in their communications with me and as a first time landlord/landlady I need that extra guidance and support (sometimes). I feel the property is in safe hands and I believe they are excellent value for money.

163. A 5-star review by 'Therese L' 13/3/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento

I have bought two properties through Elizabeth Nascimento at Winkworth's in the past few years. She is extremely knowledgeable, really friendly and pleasant to interact with, very forthright and honest. She also had an uncannily good understanding of what it was I was looking for, which meant that she always showed me appropriate properties. I can't recommend her highly enough.

164. A 5-star review by 'Tetla Goulbourne' 12/3/2014

Kate Noble

This is the first time we have used an agent, never had before as we thought they would be too expensive..

We are very happy that we use Winkworth as our agent now, I was introduced to Kate Noble who literally took over, she vetted tenants, moved them in and everything was sorted before you knew it. We get our rents paid on time and with very little hassle from the tenants. Any problems, i will speak with Kate and soon if there are any problems these are solved quickly and without fuss.

thank you Kate and Winkworth..

165. 3

A 5-star review by 'KCT' 12/3/2014

Russell Chilvers

The agents were patient and reassuring with what turned out to be a complicated and drawn out sale. We were very grateful and I'd definitely recommend to others.

166. A 5-star review by 'Rosie' 12/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Very friendly and helpful. I would recommend Chris and Winkworth in general as everything was carried out cheerfully and efficiently.

167. A 5-star review by 'c dennish ross' 11/3/2014

Branch:
    10-11 Grand Parade (Green Lanes) (London) (Greater London)
    n17

Michael Georgiou

Michael managed our tenancy for the three years from when we found the property til we recently left to live in another borough.Throughout that time he was always available, quick to call back and efficient in solving problems such us a broken washing machine, fence and boiler issues. We never had to wait an unreasonable time for work of the sort to be done. Michael is helpful, friendly and approachable. He kept us informed about service providers and emergency contacts throughout holiday periods, and checked on our safety during the riots. Overall our tenancy experience with Winkworths through Michael has been smooth, comfortable and carefree! We never felt harassed or imposed upon, and were confident about our status as tenants. I highly recommend this agent and his office.

168. A 5-star review by 'Jamie' 10/3/2014

Neil Barnes, Shaun Amner
    SM1

Neil BarnesShaun Amner

Having just exchanged on the sale of my property, I would like to thank both Neil and Shaun at Winkworths for all there hard work and professional manner throughout the process. From the first stages of marketing until the sale exchanged contracts I was updated on the progress at every stage which kept me at ease.
    I would not hesitate to recomend them to Family and Friends and will most certainly use them in the future.
    Thanks again to all of you at Winkworths.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  17/03/2014

Thank you very much for this excellent feedback , it is just what we like to hear ! Sadly many agents neglect their clients once a sale is agreed and vendors are left in the dark as to what is or isn't happening which causes unnecessary worry. Before appointing an agent it is important to find out not only how they plan to sell the property , but how they plan to progress the sale through to a successful and stress free completion.
  169. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 9/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was very helpful & efficient. He made the whole process of renting the property hassle free during a big move from another city!

170. 2

A 5-star review by 'George R' 9/3/2014

Russell Chilvers

Winkworth were brilliant with the sale of our property, pitching it at the right price, which enabled us to receive many offers and to find a buyer well above asking price (and what we thought we could get!). Russell was very energetic and helpful, providing us with great advice on what to do at all stages. I would strongly recommend using this Winkworth office as you can be sure that you are working with real professionals.

171. A 5-star review by 'Punky' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris very helpful with the properties in Kennington and Oval area. He was able to help find the best possible properties with our criteria/budget, and we found the right home within 3 days! Chris has a high level of integrity with his clients, he genuinely tried to help us find the best match (unlike other experiences we've had with Sales who pushed to close a deal and meet their targets). We highly recommend him!

172. A 5-star review by 'Juliet' 7/3/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento

Right from the start Elizabeth was extremely attentive, from arranging for several last minute extra viewings of the property, to keeping us really up to date on any and all developments as and when they happened. Whilst we had a longer wait than anticipated during the exchange process, it was reassuring to know that we were being kept 'in the loop' and that Elizabeth was working hard to keep things moving too.

Having viewed quite a few properties in a short space of time, I often came away feeling as if the agent wasn't at all familiar with the flat/house and thus unable to answer any preliminary questions. It therefore made a lovely change when viewing the two properties with Winkworth as Elizabeth knew the details really well.

Finally, it was a real pleasure working with Elizabeth, who was extremely friendly and helpful throughout (and saved me from the rain several times by giving me a lift!)

173. A 5-star review by 'Sarah' 7/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the first time I had sold a property, the guys at Winkworths were all do helpful and talked me through every step, any questions I had we're answered quickly. My house was one the market and sold within the month fantastically quick turn around. I would recommend to any one looking to sell their property to use Winkworths their service was fast ,efficient and professional.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  21/03/2014

Thank you Sarah . It is good to hear that you found selling your first property through Winkworth to be an efficiently managed process. Many people make the mistake of thinking all agents are the same and only when it is too late do they discover that an efficient and professional agent will make the world of difference in not only finding a buyer but in handling the negotiations between buyers , agents and solicitors afterwards. We wish you all the best for the future .
  174. A 5-star review by 'Rhys' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

I highly recommend Chris from Winkworth Kennington branch. He was approachable, and very kindly made time outside office hours for viewings. He was not at all pushy and was very patient and helpful during the admin process. He showed us a good range of properties that were appropriate for our budget and needs, and we found a place very quickly. Chris is easily the best agent I have dealt with so far in London.

All in all the service we received from Winkworth Kennington was excellent. I took a bit of a scattergun approach to finding a flat, visiting all of the agents in the area (and there are a fair few down Kennington Rd!) and by far Winkworth was the most accommodating.

175. A 5-star review by 'PrueF' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was a great estate agent to deal with.
    He knew exactly what we were looking for in a rental property.
    He was very friendly and trustworthy from the get go.
    We ended up finding the perfect place in Kennington with Chris's help.

He was always willing to help and answer any questions we had on any properties.

We have dealt with a lot of other estate agents in the past and found that some can be untrustworthy. Chris is genuine, and you can tell he really loves his work and respects his clients.
    We would defiantly recommend Chris to others looking to find a rental!

176. A 5-star review by 'Tom P' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was very helpful from the beginning of the process. He was prompt, clear, informative and provided helped us to get a feel of the prospective propertys. He acted professional at all times and agreed to meet us when it was convenient for us. Following the offer put forward, he provided speedy responses to all of our queries. The referencing and contract signing process were smooth and efficient. Chris put in his best efforts to make the process an easy one. We would recommend Chris for agency services.

177. A 5-star review by 'SCW' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was very professional in finding us a tenant - the process took only a few days and was smooth and easy. Aside from that Chris is always very knowledgeable about the area and very willing to help when I have questions or uncertainties. I'd happily recommend him and the Branch anytime.

178. A 5-star review by 'Anna Hannath' 7/3/2014

Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt

We went to see Liz 10 days before Christmas, having unexpectedly found a property we wanted to buy in Swansea. She was incredibly efficient and energetic, the brochure was ready in a couple of days. She had a list of over 120 clients who were looking for two bed roomed flats, so she was able to set up lots of viewings in the first few days and we sold our property for £10 000 more than the asking price two days before the holiday. Liz was also invaluable liaising with our buyer and our solicitor. The whole experience was seamless and even enjoyable.

179. A 5-star review by 'Caroline M' 7/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Chris has done excellent work. Since we were living abroad and looking for a flat to rent in London for our arrival, searching for the flat online and connecting with Chris with many doubts and questions, is not an easy job to do, yet Chris has done a great work to make us feel as if we were in London ourselves and was very patient and understandable with us, with all our doubts, questions and procedures. He followed up closely with our case and made sure that everything was on place. Chris seems to be very passionate in what he does, and works very well with time and quality.

180. A 4-star review by 'Tenant' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was generally very helpful and informative, and was quick to answer queries. The whole process of showing us and renting the flat was handled with professionalism.

181. A 5-star review by 'hayleypr' 7/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris recently helped us to find a new flat in Kennington, and was by far the most helpful, professional and friendly agent that we dealt with. He was the only agent who kept us continually updated with new properties on the market, and who fully understood our requirements. Chris was exceptionally helpful throughout the entire process, and was a pleasure to deal with. I would readily recommend his services to all.

182. A 5-star review by 'Tim williams' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was very helpful and accommodating. He made time to fit in our viewings at times that were convenient for us and was very knowledgable about the local area (recommending great restaurants nearby).

The administration side was very easy and hassle-free. I would recommend Chris to any prospective tenants looking around the area.

183. A 5-star review by 'Gavin' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chirs was incredibly professional throughout our dealings. He listened to our requirements and managed to find us a number of matching properties within only a few days. He was knowledgable about the properties we viewed and was able to answer most of our questions with ease. He had a brilliant and positive attitude throughout which really helped make flat hunting easier.

184. A 5-star review by 'Lesley smith' 6/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been using Winkworths at Kennington to let our property for the last four years and have always found them to be thoroughly trustworthy and efficient. Our house is in fact our main home and not a buy to let property so it has been vital that they make a careful selection of tenants to put forward. We have had absolutely no problems and they also are prepared to go the extra mile when we have needed additional advice not strictly part of the lettings process. All in all no problem recommending.

185. A 5-star review by 'Natalie, Gareth M' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

I would highly recommend Chris Cooper of Winkworth Estate Agents in Kennington SE11, My husband and I found him to be very professional, helpful and patient in our search for the perfect home. I would not hesitate telling my friends and family about the great service we received it really was 5*

186. A 5-star review by 'James R' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

From our initial inquiry to the tenants moving in, Chris was very professional and helpful. When deciding which agent to use (we had a shortlist of 3) Winkworth were not pushy and allowed us to make up our own mind in due course.

The process of getting the property on to the market was very smooth and efficient. Several viewings were arranged within the first week the flat was on the market and we received two offer from these. Winkworth arranged the tenancy agreement, deposit registration and for a full inventory to be conducted on the moving date.

Since the tenants have moved in, we have had a few instances where workman were required to attend the property. Winkworth's Management team have handled this quickly and professionally, making us fully aware of costs prior to work commencing

In conclusion, the management fee is a little higher than other agents, but I would recommend Chris and the Winkworth team for their professionalism and the speed with which they managed to let the property

187. A 5-star review by 'JD' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was great at insuring the process was smooth and simple, we came to him with a last minute request for a property, he was able to arrange a viewing at a time that was convenient for us and made himself available although his shift was over. Once we secured the property, Chris was still responsive whilst we had queries and I am grateful for his assistance. Thanks

188. A 5-star review by 'Manu' 6/3/2014

Chris Cooper

Chris was really nice and helpful. He put a lot of effort into finding the right place for us, very quick in replying to e-mails and informing us of new properties that matched our requirements. He was always willing to meet our necessities and give us appointments at times that were convenient for us even with very short notice. The quality of the flats he offered was very good and as far as I can tell he was very honest in pointing out pros and cons for all of them. He even showed us a few flats more than once so that we could compare them and take measurements, driving us around and always being very nice. Probably one of the nicest agents I have dealt with.

189. 1

A 5-star review by 'Harshna Patel' 5/3/2014

Rachelle Harper

Rachelle Harper

Rachelle was very helpful during our property search. I am very pleased with the professional and friendly service that was provided. Looking for a property for the first time is a daunting task and Rachelle made this all the more easier for us. She was constantly in touch and kept me updated as soon as she thought something which would fit our criteria came up. I'd definitely recommend!

190. A 5-star review by 'EMMAC' 5/3/2014

Marsha Kwarteng
    E3 5

Marsha Kwarteng

It was a pleasure dealing with the Winkworth Roman Road branch. Whenever there was a problem, it would be sorted efficiently. Dealing with Marsha helped put my mind at ease that everything would be sorted accordingly and with a friendly approach.

191. A 5-star review by 'HWB' 4/3/2014

Ben Hunt, Elizabeth Nascimento

Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento

The negotiations to buy the flat were long, somewhat complicated and drawn out. Thankfully Ben Hunt was always available to discuss the latest development and always returned calls quickly and promptly. Unlike some agents he provided genuine assistance to me as a buyer and was a very useful extra conduit of information from the vendor when the vendor's solicitor was unavailable or had not replied to correspondence. He gave me confidence that we would close the sale. Ben and the team are great with communication and a real pleasure to deal with.

192. A 5-star review by 'Tosin Shobo' 3/3/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The service received was first class from start to finish. It was highly professional with a high level of commitment.

193. A 5-star review by 'Dr Teresa' 2/3/2014

Neil Barnes

Neil ensured the entire process of buying the house was stress free from start to finish.He remained very professional at all times and he responded immediately to any concerns I had. Furthermore he assisted me when required by liaising between the sellers solicitors and mine which greatly helped to speed up the process.
    I was very impressed and would recommend his firm very highly.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  03/03/2014

Thank you so much for your feedback , it is greatly appreciated . When choosing an agent , we always advise people to consider whom they would want to be handling the sale after it is agreed . At Winkworth , we see the whole process of communication to be important enough to have a Partner deal with the sale from start to finish . This way we can ensure the quality and consistency of service delivery.
  194. A 1-star review by 'Disappointed with Winkworth' 28/2/2014

Branch:
    97 Church Road (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    Paul Marsden
    BN3

Paul Marsden

Ensure you get email confirmation for viewings, and confirm ahead at least twice. Expensive transport organised, and called to confirm that 100% certain viewing will go ahead. Winkworth then cancelled at last minute, with two incompatible different stories. Winkworth is a great agency let down terribly by their Hove office. To be avoided at all costs.

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Adhere to professional standards. Hove office is most unlike Winkworth - an otherwise great network.”

195. A 4-star review by 'Alex' 25/2/2014

James Goodall

We purchased our property through Winkworth's in Battersea. We were extremely happy with the service the sales negotiator, James Goodall provided. He was professional, diligent and hard working, and helped make the buying process as smooth as possible.

We were however extremely dissatisfied with Winkworth's sealed bidding system, allowing a disgruntled buyer to continue bidding, even after the bidding was closed, trying to 'gazump' us and hugely inflating the purchase price.

That aside, we were overall pleased with the service provided.

196. A 5-star review by 'Alice H' 25/2/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth helped me both in buying and in selling my property. In both cases she acted swiftly, diligently and always in a friendly and approachable manner. When I was selling my flat I was overseas in India, but the sale proceeded very smoothly and with a minimum of fuss or bother. I fully trusted Elizabeth to act with my best interests at heart whilst I was away, and she made contact with me in the first instance whenever I needed to be in the loop, whilst working on my behalf without disturbing me during the later stages of the sale, where it was not necessary to involve me. I am very grateful to her for selling my flat so efficiently, and in my absence, and I would recommend choosing her as an agent to anyone, whether buying or selling their property.

197. A 1-star review by '123' 23/2/2014

Branch:
    103 St Johns Wood Terrace (St Johns Wood) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Nw8
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Waste of time, full of arrogant badly dressed typical agents. Didn't show us anything that matched what we were looking for and didn't seem to care about what we actually after.

198. A 5-star review by 'PJP' 21/2/2014

Kate Noble

Since taking over the management of my central London property, Kate has proved to be efficient
    and reliable. She always responds and she does what she says she is going to do - I don't have to chase her up which is reassuring as a landlord. In addition, Kate has offered
    to undertake extra tasks to help with the smooth running of the tenancy - unasked. With Kate in charge, I feel that my property is in safe hands - I have every confidence in her abilities and know that I don't have to worry about my property while she is looking after it. She is an asset to Winkworths Property Management.

199. A 4-star review by 'J & S Parker' 21/2/2014

Joanne Hackett

Joanne Hackett

Hello We have recently rented a property in SW1 through Winkworth Pimlico. The letting agent, Alexandra, was very understanding of our needs and a pleasure to deal with - we were sorry to hear she no longer works there.

Also we would like to make special mention of Joanne, who liaised closely with us and stayed late in order to handover the keys to us after our flight was delayed on the day the tenancy commenced. Joanne was most courteous and accommodating and a credit to the Winkworth Team, as was the Manager. Thank you very much.

200. A 5-star review by 'Rosemary' 20/2/2014

Lucy Doggrell
    SW11

Lucy Doggrell

We appointed Winkworth to oversea the sale of our flat in Battersea. They were a tremendous help throughout the process and consistently professional and reliable. The team especially Lucy went the extra mile to drive everything forward and to keep the process moving with all parties informed and on board.

It was the first time we had brought & sold at the same time and Lucy made a huge difference to the process, she was consistently available to advise as needed and was on top of all the detail. We would wholeheartedly recommend Winkworth, they did an excellent job!

Roz and Marcus Hobley, Kingston-Upon-Thames

201. A 5-star review by 'Linda Waghorn' 20/2/2014

Jordan Barnes

Jordan Barnes

Very impressed with the service received. Jordan Barnes could not have done anything better when introducing buyers to view the property. She was very polite at all times as well as extremely knowledgeable about how to sell our property. Neil Barnes was also very helpful when we had occasion to ring for update etc. we cannot thank them enough for their assistance.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  27/02/2014

Thank you for your kind review and your lovely gifts on completion , they were much appreciated by everyone in the office. All Winkworth staff benefit from the ongoing training and career development program that the Winkworth Academy provides to ensure we maintain high standards. It is pleasing to see this is bringing benefits to our clients.
  202. A 5-star review by 'Lucy Russell' 20/2/2014

Edmund Hulme

Edmund Hulme

I can not recommend Edward highly enough. As a search agent we work with many agents and not all are that helpful. Edward went above and beyond the call of duty. He was good at updating myself and my client and was always contactable. Edward was also very good at being the middle person and smoothing any issues.

203. A 5-star review by 'Nick Sheehan' 20/2/2014

Edward Adler, Jonathan Joy

Edward AdlerJonathan Joy

I instructed Winkworth Pimlico office to sell a split level top floor flat on behalf of an overseas client. We
    agreed a sale above the asking price within days of marketing. However, the buyer quickly withdrew and we subsequently went back to the market and received multiple bids and achieved well in excess of the asking price. I was very impressed with how both Jonathan and Edward dealt with the interested parties but focussed on achieving the best price within the time constraints I gave them.
    Once the sale was in solicitors hands Edward did a very professional job in driving the sale and keeping informed throughout.

I have a lot of experience dealing with agents in London and I would not hesitate to recommend the team at the Winkworth Pimlico office.

204. A 5-star review by 'R Seebohm' 20/2/2014

Sw4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been impressed with Winkworth's professional service. Kate Noble in particular has been excellent, chasing the council to resolve a concerning situation and keeping both our tenants and my wife and I informed. She has also been happy to help us with aspects that go beyond the standard service you might expect. Highly recommended.

205. 9

A 4-star review by 'KH' 18/2/2014

Ahmet Hussein

Ahmet was excellent throughout the buying process and always responded to my correspondence quickly and helpfully. The only reason the branch as a whole is not rated excellent is that on a couple of occasions when we spoke to other staff their response could have been more helpful.

206. A 5-star review by 'Angel F' 18/2/2014

Anthony Whelan

Anthony and his team were all very knowledgeable about the property we bought and about the area in general. We particularly appreciated that they correctly identified us as serious buyers form the offset how easily contactable they all were and how quickly they returned calls. He was extremely helpful in the price negotiation process and was very proactive selling us as worthy buyers. From offer acceptance to exchange he made sure we were fully informed all the way and despite a long chain of buyers and sellers was able to persuade our buyer to move quickly and complete to a tight deadline so we could move in crucially before our baby was born.

207. A 5-star review by 'Warren Zahra' 17/2/2014

Courtney Mayer, Tom Bennett

Courtney MayerTom Bennett

I have been delighted with the services of Winkworths for close to 15 years, always quick to assist, great people.

208. A 5-star review by 'Dan Mendelsson' 17/2/2014

Branch:
    364 Regents Park Road (Finchley) (London) (Greater London)
    Kyri Ayed, Mark Newton
    n12

Kyri AyedMark Newton

Kyri and Mark sold my flat for me in North Finchley. I was extremely happy with thier level of service, desire to help and the number of viewings they arranged. Before long the inevitable 'right offer' was agreed and they guided me through he mine field of the legal process. Thanks guys. i was thoroughly impressed and am delighted to say we have exchanged contracts and look forward to completion. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending winkworth to friends and colleagues. Well Done!!

209. A 1-star review by 'Anon' 14/2/2014

Branch:
    97 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    SE22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would just like to echo the reviews on here for this branch of Winkworth. Felt like I was being taken for a ride form start to finish. When I did have an offer accepted on a house they refused to put it in writing. When went for a second viewing, the agent who took me round said there had been other viewings that day, even though it had been a condition of the offer that the house was taken off the market.

Their sales tactics are needlessly pushy which is a massive turn off for a lot of buyers who just want to have normal conversations instead of hearing endless sales patter.