Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 634 ratings. This website contains 631 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• They manage our building1
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate1

• They arranged our mortgage
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys

• 52 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 22)

Page last updated on: 26-Jan-2015 12:20:50

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Michael Connaughton
    W120
    £500000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Lewis Wiles,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Kelly Le Provost
    £1845
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

Lewis Wiles, Nick Robinson
    W3 7
    £55000

Lewis WilesNick Robinson

Lewis Wiles of Winkworth Shepherds Bush Branch handled our purchase with great care and consideration,
    he endevoured to provide the answer to .any question swiftly
    .We would advise any friend looking to use an estate agent in W12 to talk to Winkworth first.

Branch:
    429 Roman Road Bow (Tower Hamlets) (London) (Greater London)
    Moiz Ahmedd
    E15
    £425000

Moiz Ahmedd

I had been advised to use Moiz who had sold a neighbours house earlier in the year. From start to finish he made the whole process very easy and when a couple of issues arose dealt with them straight away...almost before they happened.
    During viewings he gave me feedback as soon as the viewers had left (all good thankfully!) and was happy to discuss at any time the sale, progress etc. In addition he had a problem with his car one day and instead of just arriving a bit late kept me informed of progress to the house
    All in all a top agent and would not hesitate to use him again.......all this and he has a great sense of humour.....what more could you need at such a stressful time !

8. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Brabham Court Central Road (Worcester Park) (Surrey)
    kt4
    £283000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Pleased to have Winkworth acting for my property. Good advise from them, from putting it on the market, selecting price and agreeing with buyer. Staff kept me up to date with the progress through out the process. Very professional and they know the market well in the area.
    I'd recommend Winkworth to any one for both sale and purchase.

9. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Brabham Court Central Road (Worcester Park) (Surrey)
    KT4
    £444000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The team at Winkworth was very professional and helpful throughout. They allowed us to view the property a couple of times after our offer was accepted, were very supportive dealing with certain issues that came up during the purchase process, and did everything possible to move things along with the vendor. They arranged access for traces people before exchange (necessary to bring the property up to standard for sale) and they kept us well informed throughout.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Pippa Stafford
    £2400

Pippa Stafford

Pippa was different from other real estate letting agents, in so much as she punctual, even ahead of time, for the viewing, she honest about the property we ultimately rented, the issues I raised pre-leasing were addressed and she was helpful for completing the leasing process to secure the property quickly.
    Since moving into the property, which is managed by the owner, Pippa has continued to keep connected with us as the tenants, such as saying cheating with us in the street and the thoughtful touch of sending a Christmas card.
    While shifting house is always stressful, it was a pleasure to deal with Pippa and she made the process of securing our next property easier.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5-star review by ''

W14
    £355000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth went out of her way to help me buy the property of my dreams. She gave me advice, tracked down documents for me, did jobs far above and beyond her duties as an estate agent, reassured both me and the seller in the face of a long drawn-out process by solicitors and kept everybody's morale up throughout. She was honest, forthright, friendly and professional, as well as always available. I never felt pressured or rushed and I'm incredibly happy with everything she's done. I would highly recommend her as an agent, because her personal touch is truly sincere.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

They manage our estate
    Joanne McGarrigle, Midge Breed
    SE3
    £1200

Joanne McGarrigleMidge Breed

Winkworth Blackheath have managed my property for over a year and I highly recommend their services. There constant communication is reassuring, professional and no stone is left upturned. I live in Australia so communication is vital considering I only check on my investment every 5 or so years. I have complete trust and confidence in there services and advice. Outstanding! Keep up the great work.

Warm regards, Rowena Walton

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Pippa Stafford, James Fraser
    £1993

Pippa StaffordJames Fraser

Having seen a property that we liked the look of online my wife and I made an appointment to meet with James the following day for a viewing. James was very professional, but also friendly and he clearly had a good relationship with the outgoing tenants, which made it feel a lot more comfortable being shown around the flat while they were still living there.
    Once we decided to progress with our enquiry we were passed over to Pippa, who called the landlord to confirm the formalities before taking us through all of the necessary paperwork. My wife and I were moving from Scotland so knowing that Pippa was going to be dealing with our paperwork was a big relief as she was very helpful.
    Upon completing our paperwork with Pippa, the registrations were processed at the Shepherds Bush office (97 Uxbridge Road) by Stella, who was also excellent. Stella was super organised and took a lot of the admin stress off our shoulders.
    Overall, everything went without a hitch and we are delighted with the flat and the service we received.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE REASONABLE IN COMPARISON TO OTHER AGENTS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    10-11 Grand Parade (Green Lanes) (London) (Greater London)
    Michael Georgiou
    N17
    £1650

Michael Georgiou

I have been pleased with the service I received from Winkworth as a landlady, but I feel that I need to particularly praise Michael Georgiou. Not only is he an excellent communicator, he is also punctual and full of great advice. I can count on Michael sorting out any job he might be assigned within hours and he has never made it difficult for me to get in touch even under difficult circumstances. Michael treats his customers in a friendly, respectful, no-nonsense manner and he tries to accommodate different needs and ideas. I trust Michael as he is not your typical (or stereotypical if you like) estate agent and he never tried to misrepresent information or make me feel something was 'hidden' behind what he said/did. Not to mention how he makes a landlord in a stressful situations feel like everything is under control. I personally feel he is an asset to Winkworth and I would be extremely likely to follow him if he chose to work for someone different. If I were Winkworth, I would give him a payrise. Thank you for all your hard work, Michael!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

£500000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Very helpful throughout the whole process and a level above previous agents that I have used. Would definitely use again.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes, Sarah Lee
    SM2

Neil BarnesSarah Lee

Excellent advice at the outset from Neil on presenting our flat appropriately, asking price and likely buyers. Very helpful to manage our expectation of who might be looking at it and what to expect. He was very open in the negotiation phase allowing us to fully consider and understand offers without pressure and he was never a "hard sell" type of agent. Once we had accepted an offer, he managed the buyer for us while we had to sort out some legal issues and it was comforting to know he was representing us fully.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AVERAGE IN THE MARKETPLACE AND GOOD VALUE GIVEN THE ATTENTIVE SERVICE AND GOOD ADVICE - A SEASONED PROFESSIONAL INSTEAD OF A JUNIOR SALESMAN.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Simon Waller, Lewis Wiles
    £570000

Simon WallerLewis Wiles

The whole team at Winkworth are incredibly friendly & helpful. They kept me calm through a nerve wracking sale process. They were always willing to listen & allay any fears. They kept my confidence in the process buoyed throughout. The advice and friendly chats we've had over the past few months have been invaluable. The willingness to have a rowdy crowd descend, my family, post school run, was much appreciated. My children are thrilled to see our ex property in the window with a sold sign on it (as am I)!!
    Thank you so much to the team, especially the super flamboyant Simon - keep those ties & that extraordinary verbosity coming - and to his very wonderful prodigy, Lewis - always calm & reassuring under pressure. Also a super special mention to the lovely Natasha & the rest of the guys for putting up with our drop ins!!

3. 2

Joanna Hewitt
    W14
    £1400

Joanna Hewitt

I rented the property for a few months, and from the beggining, Jo made everything very easy for me and my flatmates. She is very efficient and a high proffesional indeed, and she always showed herself happy to help us sorting out any issue with the flat, doubt or paperwork. She has really given us an outstanding customer service during and after the tenancy, and I really appreciate her very kind assistance and quick resolution at all times when was required.
    I would not doubt to recommend or contact Jo again if I am looking for lettings in the future.

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Jo  06/01/2015

Thank you Veronica, it was a pleasure having you as tenants and I would be more than happy to have you again. Best wishes for 2015. Jo
  4. A 5-star review by ''

£1213

Cristina Peliza

From the first day we moved in and throughout our tenancy, our property manager Cristina was always helpful to us. She was very considerate of our and experience as tenants, giving plenty of notice before any visits were made and sorting out the occasional repairs or other work with efficiency.

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Cristina  06/01/2015

Thank you for your kind words - Always a pleasure!
  5. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    10-11 Grand Parade (Green Lanes) (London) (Greater London)
    N15
    £1300
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

WFUL!!! Winkworth Harringey.. they dont resolve your issues on time! .. I moved to furnished property with no check in documents provided and when you leave the property they sent you 27 page of check out report which YOU have to pay for but there is nothing to compare it against.. towards end of our second round of contract we were told Landlord is coming and not consider re-renting so we have to move but they hired it to somebody else probably for more money as soon as we moved out by the same agent.. We were very clean and on time in paying the rent and there has never been a single problem as a tenant.. Now, It has been 7 month and we still couldn't get our deposit back!!!

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Agent did not work as a negotiator.. They could call us and explain the situation. I never felt that agent was answering our questions appropriately.. All they do is pushing emails that they receive from landlord.. For example, Landlord wish to take about £250 off our deposit.. We then disagreed and explain every single time why we disagreed. I called Michael and he asked me how much I am offering.. With the best intention ever I said ok. lets deduct £100 and he came back weeks later to say Landlord say she is happy with 170..?? why £170?? no explanation.. we never felt agent is on our side.. we were made to leave the property and told landlord is not re-renting and she would leave in her house then we found out it was already rented to somebody else by the same agent.. we were very clean and always on time with paying rents.. We left the house far better condition that we originally hired.. All carpets washed with the professional carpet hire equipment and many more. It was very frustrating how our contract ended, how its handled and managed yet we still don\'t have out deposit back after 7 months.. I have all the documents/mailings etc and will be seeking legal advice.. Thanks”

BR7
    £317

Anthony Whelan

Anthony was a STAR !!! from the first time he entered my house, he was professional polite and yet relaxed to deal with, he kept me informed every step of the way and went that extra mile to make sure that my sale went through in record time with no problems.
    He really is the man for this job and I wish him every success Winkworths you are so lucky to have him every company could do with an Anthony

“AS EXPECTED”

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Leila Asrar
    No postcode selected.

Leila Asrar

Our experience with Winkworth nd Leia was brilliant. They are a 5 star agency who worked really closely with the whole to chain to keep it moving.
    Leila was a star and kept in touch with us as and helped make our purchase as smooth as she could.

8. A 4-star review by ''

SE9
    £295000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Anthony kept me regularly updated about potential viewings, with feedback from viewers and once a purchaser had been found with the progress of the sale. My rating would have been excellent but for a problem with the sales board, although I understand this is done through a separate company.

9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Nw10
    £1680

Aaron Priscott

I found Aaron to be helpful, affable, informative and very clear in his communications. He is friendly, honest and on time! I highly recommend him.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

W3
    £398000

Russell Chilvers

I dealt with Russell Chilvers and I'm very pleased with the information he provided, the closely follow up emails and phone calls, the friendliness and attitude. I would recommend him to my friends in case they need to buy or sell a property.

1. A 5-star review by ''

SE9
    £295000

Anthony Whelan

Sorry for the delay in this review but have been busy with Builders.
    I found Anthony Whelan to be very helpful in purchasing my new property. He gave me more infortmation to where we were during the process of the sale of my own property than the Estate Agent that was working for me. Any questions I asked Mr Whelan he did his best to answer me, if he did not know at the time he went out of his way to find out and got back to me as soon as possible. If in the near future I moved again I would put my property on the market with Winkworth Estate Agents.

2. 2

Branch:
    Unit 2 Bridge House, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    NW6
    £2133

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron found us a great property - negotiating a great price and time structure for the contract exactly as we needed!. Telisha made the admin side easy and quick. very happy all round. thank you!

3. 2

Branch:
    Unit 2 Bridge House, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) (London) (Greater London)
    NW10
    £1850

Aaron Priscott

Aaron was polite, professional and knowledgeable.
    He contacted me as soon as he knew a property I was interested in had fallen through with another party, got us in for another viewing and negotiated our offer for us successfully. Highly recommended.

4. A 5-star review by ''

W3
    £398000

Russell Chilvers

Mr. Russell Chilvers had only been working at Winkworths for one week when he secured a buyer for my property several weeks ago and we are completing next Wednesday. Russell has been instrumental in moving things along smoothly, he was always available for any questions and kept a keen eye on the progress of the sale while keeping everyone up to date. His polite and professional manner made him a pleasure to work with and I can’t recommend him highly enough to anyone that would like an agent that tells you like it is, without the usual agents patter!

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE AGENTS FEES ARE REASONABLE AND I WAS VERY PLEASE WITH THEIR ADVERTISING OF THE PROPERTY.”

5. A 4-star review by ''

Elly Miller
    SE8
    £2000

Elly Miller

Everyone at Winkworth that we dealt with has provided a good service. Especially Elly who has been very helpful, clear, and prompt in dealing with queries.

£1408

Cristina Peliza

Cristina is probably the best agent I ever met, all the times I need her support she was reliable and available.

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    N13
    £900
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Overall the service provided was straightforward and efficient. Any questions I had regarding the letting were answered without delay. I've been very happy so far and would pleased to work with Winkworth again in the future.

8. A 5-star review by ''

SE10
    £2450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth (Blackheath) has been managing my property for over 3 years and have been very helpful and responsive over emails throughout this time which has made my life very easy, which is all that I wanted.

During this time, they have found new tenants for me; managed repairs when required; organised annual gas safety checks; carried out periodical property inspections; and arranged check-in and check-out inventory inspections.

9. A 5-star review by ''

SE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought 2 properties through Winkworths Blackheath and they are both also let and fully managed by them. With regards to purchasing properties they went out of their way to find the right places for me as they were both investment purchases. With regards to the letting and management of the properties their service is excellent and is also extremely personal. If there is a problem they deal with it efficiently and with a minimum of fuss. Additionally I would say that the contractors that they use to deal with any issues always seem to be very reasonable.

0.0541088581085