Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 592 ratings. This website contains 589 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• 50 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 20)

Page last updated on: 23-Nov-2014 21:05:16

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Eric' 19/9/2014

£1950
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris brings enthusiasm, expertise, and charisma to his role as lettings agent. Chris is a keen listener, and aims to find not just any property but as close to an exact match as possible for his clients in a demanding marketplace. Chris is a pleasure to work with, and is highly recommended.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Gina' 19/9/2014

Se11
    £1600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris and the team at Winkworth have wen very efficient in undertaking the letting of out property. They kept us abreast of all updates and corresponded regularly with us putting us at ease that the property was in good hands. Once let they have been fantastic in managing the property making it a smooth and easy process. We have full confidence in Chris and tr team and continue to be impressed with his personal approach, regular contact and quick responses to requests. We have previously used other letting agents in the Area and have been disappointed with the service however Winkworth has far exceeded our expectations.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'v kuhnel' 19/9/2014

Nicole Freeman, Susannah Massey
    SE 1
    £1500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

To whom this may concern. I recently contacted your good offices with the request to re let my property and both Nicole and Susanna were very helpful in swiftly finding new tenants. I was very
    please and happy with their courteous and efficient manner and I believe them to be an asset to your
    company.
    kind regards

V Kuhnel

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Michael Buckley' 10/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with the Kennington Branch for many years and have always found all of the staff on the letting side extremely helpful and pleasant. Chris Cooper has arranged several tenancy agreements for me over the past few years and my dealings with him have been excellent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Guy Anderson' 12/3/2014

Se1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Always a pleasure to deal with Chris. He's friendly, knowledgeable, and keen to help. Chris has always kept me informed during letting process and positive after a tenant gives notice. A great person and thoroughly professional

6. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 22/11/2014

Michael Georgiou
    N17
    £1350

Michael Georgiou

Michael is a great agent and was always at hand to deal with any queries I had when Winkworths managed my property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YES I THOUGHT THEIR FEES WERE REASONABLE”

7. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 22/11/2014

Branch:
    16 High StreetChislehurstKent ( ) (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan
    BR7
    £740000

Anthony Whelan

Thoroughly impressed with the team at Winkworths in selling our property. We had number of the agents into our property so they all could really sell the virtues of our house which I really liked. As the market cooled just after we put our house on the market, they offered quick and realistic advice to maximise interest and secure us a good offer. What I was most impressed with was the way they kept on top of things after we had an offer and really drove things through to meet the quick turnaround both myself and our buyers needed. My thanks to all especially Anthony for all his work in making sure completion happened on schedule

8. A 5-star review by 'Jo' 22/11/2014

Branch:
    5 Blackheath Village (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    SE3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All my contact with Winkworth has been great. The staff are always ready to help and offer advise. Their responses to emails are always prompt and I have felt very happy to have them managing my property, especially as I am often out of the country.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHILST THE FEES MAY SEEM A LOT, I BELIEVE THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A GOOD DEAL, WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER AGENCIES.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Mark M. Cesareo' 20/11/2014

Branch:
    5 Blackheath Village (Blackheath) (London) (Greater London)
    Elly Miller, Joanne McGarrigle
    SE3
    £1500

Elly MillerJoanne McGarrigle

We have been dealing with Joanne and Elly since our move to Blackheath in February 2014. As we are due to get married soon we were looking for a property in a lovely area. Thanks to these lovely folk we have experienced a very smooth transition that was pretty much stress free!

Elly and Joanne have dealt with our queries with the greatest of personalities and care. It's not about properties with these people, they help turn houses into homes, which means a lot. Every time we spoke to Elly and Joanne we always felt as though we were were talking to real people, rather than 'Agents'.
    And as a professional in the hospitality industry myself, I can truly appreciate the value of great customer care such as this!

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Robinsons' 18/11/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Leila Asrar
    n13
    £525000

Leila Asrar

We had a very problematic vendor who was slack, rarely got back to anyone and caused problem after problem. Leila was super helpful in liaising in all matters with the sale and really drove everything forward. She was fantastic at liaising with the seller, his solicitor and ours. She was regularly available on phone and email and actually seemed to care, something rarely found in estate agents.
    I would highly recommend her

11. A 5-star review by 'Catherine Blyth' 18/11/2014

W8
    £2600

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly is swift to respond to any problems, extremely efficient and polite to deal with, and great at following up.

12. A 5-star review by 'Lucy' 16/11/2014

£1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with Joanna for a few hours and she has always been extremely efficient. Whenever I emailed her with a query she always responded very quickly. She is a very friendly person so I can imagine that tenants find her very easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend Winkworths to any friend with a property in the area and that is because of Jo.

13. A 4-star review by 'Catherine Tibbs' 14/11/2014

£550

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly is my Winkworth contact for any queries or problems me or my housemates have and she always responds quickly. On one occasion, I came to her needing a new wardrobe for my room. I expected to have some trouble asking for the landlord to pay but I needn't have. Kelly not only assured me straight away that that would be no problem but she gave me personal advice about which one to go for and I received the money in my account within the week. It was fab service and lovely to have an estate agent speak on a personal level. Thanks!

14. A 5-star review by 'Andrea Blades' 14/11/2014

Branch:
    207-217 Lavender Hill (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    James Goodall
    SW11
    £640000

James Goodall

From start to finish, James has been outstanding in his professionalism. He has provided us with no nonsense context for how the market was/is doing. This was extremely helpful for us as we are based in New York. Though we keep careful tabs on the UK, James gave us useful insight into what was going on in the London market. He clearly knows the SW (especially Battersea/Clapham area) extremely well.

Throughout the whole process, James gave us concise and timely updates so we were always informed. On more than one occasion, James helped to keep things moving including obtaining the co-freeholders signature on legal documents, setting up fire and asbestos inspections and providing contact information for inventory removal. He was proactive and used his initiative and we were therefore able to exchange and complete without it being a long and drawn out process.

He has been a real pleasure to work with.

15. A 4-star review by 'Catherine Tibbs' 14/11/2014

1. A 5-star review by 'BBMK' 13/11/2014

Cristina Peliza

Cristina Peliza

As tenants living in a property managed by Winkworth Shepherd's Bush, we have been thoroughly happy with them. They have a very professional, well-thought-out approach to their managed properties which help ensure tenants are well cared for and any issues are addressed promptly. In particular, we have been extremely impressed with Cristina Peliza, our property manager. She is highly responsive, extremely efficient and thoroughly customer-focused. Her professionalism, attention to detail, friendly style and unfailing dedication to her work is exemplary, and we feel very lucky to have her as our property manager.

2. A 5-star review by 'Joss Clarke' 13/11/2014

Branch:
    97 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Dominic Barry
    SE22
    £380000

Dominic Barry

Really good experience. The original valuation was quick and smooth, their photographer was good and very efficient and polite. My selling agent Dominic Barry was always available, knowledgable, kept me informed, kept the sales process moving. I would definitely use again.

3. 1

A 3-star review by 'tancred bradshaw' 12/11/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    nw2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would like to thank Tormod for all his efforts in assisting me in the purchase of 108 Ashford Court. This was achieved in a relatively short period of time and in the face of certain time pressures. Every effort was made to communicate with the sellers solicitors and to provide relevant information. Altogether this have been a very satisfactory result.

4. A 5-star review by 'H Clark' 10/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent keeps me informed of anything to do with the flat. Is always prompt and polite. She has received several quotes of work for me recently and has always kept me to up to date on progress. Thanks.

5. A 5-star review by 'Edt' 7/11/2014

Property Management
    £1300

Kelly Le Provost

Kelly has offered a timely and reliable service in the maintenance of our rental property. This gives us great piece of mind and we can sit back and leave things to Kelly and her colleagues at Winkworth. Long may it continue.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT WORTH THE EXTRA AS THE SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE.”

6. A 5-star review by 'lovelylilac' 7/11/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I bought my property from Winkworth nearly twenty years ago. I found that they did business in a very sound, down to earth manner - quite unusual for Estate Agents! I now rent the property and Winkworth find tenants and manage it for me. They are consistently helpful, friendly and efficient. They always keep me well informed about what the rental market is doing so that I know where I am in terms of what to charge tenants. They generally take the headache out of being a landlord and I would recommend them highly.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ludo' 7/11/2014

Cristina Peliza, Terence Thorogood
    £3358

Cristina PelizaTerence Thorogood

I have rented a property through Winkworth - Shepherds Bush for two years.
    My experience of the letting team has been extremely positive. Communication has always been easy and responses were prompt.
    Fortunately there were not many issues during my letting but I felt like the estate agents were not biased towards the landlord but trying to equally and impartially guarantee everyone's interest.
    They accommodated my needs - if necessary - when booking maintenance visits or viewings and on the administrative side they were punctual and correct.
    I would definitely recommend this agency if you are looking to rent a property in the Shepherd's Bush area.

8. A 5-star review by 'Stephanie Jones' 6/11/2014

Nicole Freeman
    £2166

Nicole Freeman

Nicole provided a competent service, putting an end to our highly stressful property search. Through efficient liaison between us and our landlord as she managed to secure the property we wanted. Above all she made us feel at ease with her friendly enthusiasm and professionalism.

9. A 4-star review by 'JK' 6/11/2014

Simon Waller
    £795000

Simon Waller

Simon came highly recommended to me via a friend who had previously bought a house using the same office, and I wasn't disappointed. Through the whole process of the sale Simon was easy to communicate with - keeping me informed and replying to queries promptly. The whole team were very helpful and even forwarded my post and read my utility meters after I moved away from the property.

10. A 5-star review by 'George Beard' 5/11/2014

W6
    £1213

Joanna Hewitt

Jo is always very friendly and helpful, and quick to respond. It is especially useful to be able to communicate and arrange things via email - previous agents I have been involved with have insisted on telephone calls which is just not practical for me during work hours. Jo has quickly resolved any issues we've raised without any fuss. Thank you Jo!

Comments on the Agents fees

“RENEWAL FEES SEEM A BIT UNNECESSARY, BUT WE WERE GIVEN A DISCOUNT FOR RESPONDING QUICKLY WHICH WAS GREAT.”

1. A 5-star review by 'Mr E' 4/11/2014

John Antoniou, Ahmet Hussein
    N13
    £550000

John AntoniouAhmet Hussein

From the initial chat to the open day to the completion 'congrats' handshake, it had been a pleasure to use Winkworth's Palmers Green Branch. Both John and Ahmet were both friendly and professional in serving our needs. Indeed, the whole team were friendly and very supportive and definitely, non 'pushy'!

Our beloved home was sold to spec for a good price and with minimal problems or drama! So, would I use Winkworth again? Absolutely!

Comments on the Agents fees

“REASONABLE FOR THE PRICE WE ACHIEVED.”

2. A 5-star review by 'SophieHarper' 3/11/2014

£1350

Joanna Hewitt

Jo has been the most helpful and friendly property agent, I've ever come across. No problem is too big or small, she & Winkworth are one of the reasons we've opted to renew our annual lease 3 times on our current property. Wholeheartedly recommend their service.

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Jo  04/11/2014

Thank you Sophie, it has been and is a pleasure having you both as tenants and I know your landlady is also very happy to have you!
  3. A 5-star review by 'Cristina Pelza' 29/10/2014

Best management agent since 1984 except Terence Throgood
    .Organised,tactful and lots of initative. Fast and efficient when needed.Really understands the continuous maintenance needs of a house or flat.This is imperitive in management of property.

4. A 5-star review by 'Debbie' 27/10/2014

Terence Thorogood
    £1000

Terence Thorogood

I worked with Terence for the last several years. He has always taken great care both of me and of my tenants, making sure that any required work was done swiftly and well. He was prompt in answering my emails, which is vital as I live abroad in the US. He was always courteous and professional. I recommend him highly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN GENERAL FEES ARE HIGH FOR MANAGING A PROPERTY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TENANTS STAY FOR A YEAR OR MORE, AND YOU STILL PAY A FINDER/RETAINER FEE. I DIDN\'T FEEL THAT TERENCE\'S FEES WERE HIGHER THAN AVERAGE, AND HE WORKED WITH ME TO GET THE BEST FEE STRUCTURES IN PLACE, WHICH I APPRECIATED.”

Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Terence  04/11/2014

Thank you Debbie, it has been a pleasure working with you and we look forward to helping you in the future. Best Wishes Terence
  5. A 5-star review by 'aris' 26/10/2014

cristina peliza, isabela saxton
    w12

cristina pelizaisabela saxton

Cristina Peliza is a very well educated lady, with a good customer service skills also she is a person capable to work under any kind of pressure without any supervision. talented person , well spoken, also with a magnificent telephone manners i will recomand her to any firm or company if it were the case i will write a reference letter on request .Always wish the best for her at present and for the future

Yours sincerely:aris alvarez

6. A 4-star review by 'BD' 26/10/2014

Cristina Peliza, Kelly

Cristina PelizaKelly

Since Cristina (and, in her absence, Kelly) started managing my property I have felt very well looked after. I've recently had really difficult tenants and both girls handled them - and me! - beautifully. They were friendly but firm with the tenants, and very supportive towards me. Cristina negotiated the repairs and the finances swiftly and elegantly.
    Nothing but praise!

7. A 5-star review by 'robert mcgill' 24/10/2014

cristina peliza, robert mcgill
    w12
    £1400

cristina pelizarobert mcgill

cristina was amazingly efficient
    nothing was too much trouble and she did everything i threw at her with amazing speed and efficiency
    amazing service

8. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    129 Shepherds Bush Road (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    Ben Hunt
    £740000

Ben Hunt

I found Ben very professional, helpful and responsive, he really took a lot of the stress out of the process of selling, would highly recommend using this branch

9. A 5-star review by 'Ros' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    118 Kensington Church Street (Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    Property Management
    Kelly
    W8
    £1603

Kelly

Since Kelly has been looking after the management of our property we have found her to be extremely efficient and prompt in replying to our emails. She has continued the tradition of excellence we have come to expect from Winkworths over the many years they have acted for us.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dyne' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Jaspreet Dabb
    NW6
    £1845

Jaspreet Dabb

Overall, we're very pleased with the service we received. Unlike other agents/agencies in the area, Jaz was punctual in meeting us to view the property and kept us well-informed on the process of taking the property. She went out of her way to help us secure the flat, despite risking running late for another meeting (we hope she wasn't too late!). There was one miscommunication in handling the move-in date, but this worked out in the end.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GENERALLY, WE THINK REAL ESTATE AGENCIES CONSTITUTE A BLOATED INDUSTRY THAT SHOULD BE REIGNED IN. THE FEES FOR TENANTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS ALIKE DO NOT REFLECT THE LIMITED SERVICE THESE AGENCIES PROVIDE. AS A \"MIDDLE-MAN,\" AGENCIES SKIM OFF THE PROPERTY-MARKET, AND WE THINK SMALL, LOCAL LANDLORDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF MANAGING THEIR PROPERTY THEMSELVES. OF COURSE, TENANTS WOULD BE THRILLED TO AVOID COSTLY FEES.”