Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 617 ratings. This website contains 614 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• 51 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 21)

Page last updated on: 21-Dec-2014 19:40:54

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Gareth Rees' 4/12/2014

Michael Connaughton
    W120
    £500000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'D Stoney' 8/10/2013

Nicholas Robinson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Nik & Aleks' 27/8/2013

Lewis Wiles,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Alex' 13/9/2013

Nicholas Robinson,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Alex' 10/12/2014

Kelly Le Provost
    £1845
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

6. A 4-star review by 'Annette' 21/12/2014

£295000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Anthony kept me regularly updated about potential viewings, with feedback from viewers and once a purchaser had been found with the progress of the sale. My rating would have been excellent but for a problem with the sales board, although I understand this is done through a separate company.

7. A 5-star review by 'Francesca Quaradeghini' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Nw10
    £1680

Aaron Priscott

I found Aaron to be helpful, affable, informative and very clear in his communications. He is friendly, honest and on time! I highly recommend him.

“REASONABLE”

8. A 5-star review by 'Arne Casteleyn' 19/12/2014

W3
    £398000

Russell Chilvers

I dealt with Russell Chilvers and I'm very pleased with the information he provided, the closely follow up emails and phone calls, the friendliness and attitude. I would recommend him to my friends in case they need to buy or sell a property.

9. A 5-star review by 'colin' 19/12/2014

£295000

Anthony Whelan

Sorry for the delay in this review but have been busy with Builders.
    I found Anthony Whelan to be very helpful in purchasing my new property. He gave me more infortmation to where we were during the process of the sale of my own property than the Estate Agent that was working for me. Any questions I asked Mr Whelan he did his best to answer me, if he did not know at the time he went out of his way to find out and got back to me as soon as possible. If in the near future I moved again I would put my property on the market with Winkworth Estate Agents.

10. 1

A 5-star review by 'SL' 16/12/2014

Branch:
    Unit 2 Bridge House, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    NW6
    £2133

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron found us a great property - negotiating a great price and time structure for the contract exactly as we needed!. Telisha made the admin side easy and quick. very happy all round. thank you!

11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Julie T' 11/12/2014

Branch:
    Unit 2 Bridge House, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) (London) (Greater London)
    NW10
    £1850

Aaron Priscott

Aaron was polite, professional and knowledgeable.
    He contacted me as soon as he knew a property I was interested in had fallen through with another party, got us in for another viewing and negotiated our offer for us successfully. Highly recommended.

12. A 5-star review by 'KC' 10/12/2014

W3
    £398000

Russell Chilvers

Mr. Russell Chilvers had only been working at Winkworths for one week when he secured a buyer for my property several weeks ago and we are completing next Wednesday. Russell has been instrumental in moving things along smoothly, he was always available for any questions and kept a keen eye on the progress of the sale while keeping everyone up to date. His polite and professional manner made him a pleasure to work with and I can’t recommend him highly enough to anyone that would like an agent that tells you like it is, without the usual agents patter!

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE AGENTS FEES ARE REASONABLE AND I WAS VERY PLEASE WITH THEIR ADVERTISING OF THE PROPERTY.”

13. A 4-star review by 'Adam' 9/12/2014

Elly Miller
    SE8
    £2000

Elly Miller

Everyone at Winkworth that we dealt with has provided a good service. Especially Elly who has been very helpful, clear, and prompt in dealing with queries.

14. A 5-star review by 'Dino' 8/12/2014

Cristina Peliza
    £1408

Cristina Peliza

Cristina is probably the best agent I ever met, all the times I need her support she was reliable and available.

15. A 5-star review by 'Charlie' 8/12/2014

N13
    £900
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Overall the service provided was straightforward and efficient. Any questions I had regarding the letting were answered without delay. I've been very happy so far and would pleased to work with Winkworth again in the future.

1. A 5-star review by 'Joe Borg' 5/12/2014

SE10
    £2450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth (Blackheath) has been managing my property for over 3 years and have been very helpful and responsive over emails throughout this time which has made my life very easy, which is all that I wanted.

During this time, they have found new tenants for me; managed repairs when required; organised annual gas safety checks; carried out periodical property inspections; and arranged check-in and check-out inventory inspections.

2. A 5-star review by 'Suzi Freeman' 5/12/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have bought 2 properties through Winkworths Blackheath and they are both also let and fully managed by them. With regards to purchasing properties they went out of their way to find the right places for me as they were both investment purchases. With regards to the letting and management of the properties their service is excellent and is also extremely personal. If there is a problem they deal with it efficiently and with a minimum of fuss. Additionally I would say that the contractors that they use to deal with any issues always seem to be very reasonable.

3. 1

A 1-star review by 'Ms Speight' 3/12/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    NW2
    £1600
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The service we received was great until we moved in. It took us weeks to get an incomplete inventory. They said they did not get our emails. They didn't take/return our calls. A kitchen cupboard fell on my year old which, six months after moving in, they have still not replaced. They promised on two occasions it would be sorted within 24 hours. It has still not been sorted. Three and half months ago we reported rain penetration. Now we have rain water constantly seeping through the walls into three rooms, including the kitchen next to the boiler, through the light fittings of the bathroom ceiling, and one of the bedroom walls is completely covered with black mould and damp which is now also happening in the second bedroom. The flat is un-livable. They are still ignoring emails, ignoring phone calls, promising action and then none being taken. Do not use these agents if you want a safe, comfortable home to live in particularly if you have children as they seem to think living with a toddler under 2 in a flat with sodden walls and black mould is acceptable.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHY PAY FEES WHEN THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE POST-MOVE IN IS UNACCEPTABLE.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Mike' 1/12/2014

Property Management
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The prompt response to any queries and ongoing assistance with coordinating trades people, tenants and managing any issues has been exceptional. The purpose of a managed service is to keep you informed and pro actively manage issues when required. The service I have received has meet and exceeded my expectation and is pleasing to see real customer service still actually exists (though difficult to find these days). Keep up the exceptional work.

5. A 5-star review by 'Sinead' 1/12/2014

John Antoniou
    N13
    £700000

John Antoniou

John was the agent we dealt with while buying our property. He was always professional and especially good at keeping us updated with the current status in the remainder of the chain. But the main benefit he brought to the whole process was the effort he put in to supporting and progressing the sale of our property even though Winkworth's were not our selling agents.

While the agents we were using were incredibly slow to react to issues, John was proactively chasing every delay and frankly without the pressure he exerted we probably wouldn't have exchanged yet!!

6. A 5-star review by 'Sally Askew' 1/12/2014

Joanne McGarrigle
    Se3
    £1150

Joanne McGarrigle

Dealing with Joanne has been great, helped us achieve the max rent available to us. Always on top of any issues we've had with the property. Have no hesitation in promoting wink worth to any prospective customer. Being overseas we place great trust in our agents in managing our property. And feel very secure in winkworth services.

7. A 5-star review by 'J Studdert' 1/12/2014

Branch:
    97 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    Oliver Burgess, Toby Powell
    Se22
    £825000

Oliver BurgessToby Powell

I have both bought and sold properties through Winkworth in East Dulwich in the last couple of years and I cannot fault the service I received on each occasion. In valuing the one property I sold I feel The property was valued fairly (unlike some other well known estate agents who have gave me unrealistic valuations to try and gain my custom), talked me through a clear marketing strategy tailored to the property and kept in constant contact during the selling process to give me updates and, what has now proven to be, extremely sound advice in the context of what was going on in the property... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXTREMELY GOOD VALUE GIVEN THE SERVICE I RECEIVED! VERY WELL PLACED IN THE MARKET WITH GREAT PUBLICITY AND EXPOSURE TO ACHIEVE A QUICK SALE.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Rosamund' 27/11/2014

Branch:
    129 Shepherds Bush Road (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    Ben Hunt
    W14
    £445000

Ben Hunt

Winkworths are infinitely more welcoming and charming than the other agents I have dealt with on Shepherds Bush road and they showed me only properties that they thought would work well for me so a minimum of time was wasted. I was given access to the property prior to completion whenever I requested it (around 6 times) and Ben was very professional and helpful, particularly in the face of adversity. I cannot recommend Ben and Winkworths more highly. If and when I choose to sell or let, I will be returning to them only.

9. A 5-star review by 'jennifer' 26/11/2014

Property Management
    Joanna Hewitt, Terence Thorogood
    W14
    £1200

Joanna HewittTerence Thorogood

Both Terence and Joanna seem experienced, and are efficient and helpful. Jo has managed the quotes and builders to get things ready for the new tenant and Terence has handled all the admin re the outgoing tenant. They have a common sense approach. They have been with Winkworths for some time and if there isn't a high staff turnover that tells me it's a good company.
    I have also dealt with Ben and James in the Brook Green office who are very good too.

View All Comments (1)by Terence  26/11/2014

Thank you Jennifer your comments are much appreciated. Best Wishes Terence
  10. A 5-star review by 'John Swanton' 26/11/2014

£220000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

From day one,the agency could not have done more to help. It was a difficult, protracted sale but their attention quotient remained high throughout. Very comfortable with them and yes, I would recommend them to others.

1. A 5-star review by 'Haifa' 26/11/2014

Midge Breed

Midge Breed

Midge is always prompt to reply to our queries and needs. She takes the time to go back and forth with us over email, which is very helpful. She is patient and always professional.

2. A 5-star review by 'Kostas Kokotas' 25/11/2014

Terence Thorogood, Janine Coleman
    £1408

Terence ThorogoodJanine Coleman

Our communication was always straightforward and efficient. We never had to go back for a second time. Anytime we had a problem with the house, Terence Thorogood was of a great help and was making sure that it will sort out as soon as possible. No exchange of unnecessary emails, which I personally value highly.
    If I have to mention an example, I will refer to the first day of moving in to the house only to find out that the boiler was not working properly. I emailed Terence of the issue, and after explaining the procedure they had to follow (talk to the landlord) we got a brand new boiler within a couple of days. Since then, and for two years that I was leaving to the house, we never had again any problems with the boiler.

View All Comments (1)by Terence  25/11/2014

Thank you Kostas it is good to hear your comments. It has been a pleasure working with you over the last 2 years. Wishing you all the best in the future. Best Wishes Terence
  3. A 4-star review by 'Gareth Rees' 25/11/2014

Branch:
    129 Shepherds Bush Road (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    Elizabeth Nascimento
    W120
    £500000

Elizabeth Nascimento

I must admit I did start to have reservations in the early stages of marketing the property. I didn't feel like some of the agents were pushing the sale as much as I'd imagined and updates were thin on the ground... that is until Liz became involved and everything changed. I felt like she was extremely pro-active and she did a great job of matching the property to realistic potential buyers. Updates were plentiful and she stayed the course in seeing the sale through to completion. Quite clearly she's a very good agent, which are few are far between these days.

4. A 5-star review by 'Minta T.' 24/11/2014

Kelly Le Provost, Terence Thorogood
    £2400

Kelly Le ProvostTerence Thorogood

Fantastic team of proactive and incredibly helpful property managers including Kelly, Terence and Liz Daley. I also really rate the Lettings team, with Mike at its head, Daisy et al. Apart from a few teething issues with getting payments into my account (not handled by this branch), my experience of Winkworth's property management team has been nothing but positive. They are highly efficient, responsive and ever courteous, even when I'm losing patience and tenants are being trying. They go the extra mile to make things easy for the landlord / lady. They are market leaders in the area, which they know inside out and have an excellent black book of contractors to call on when a problem arises.

Highly recommended.

“YES, GREAT DEAL.”

View All Comments (1)by Terence  25/11/2014

Thank you for your kind words Minta good to hear that we are appreciated. Best Wishes Terence
  5. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 22/11/2014

BR7
    £740000

Anthony Whelan

Thoroughly impressed with the team at Winkworths in selling our property. We had number of the agents into our property so they all could really sell the virtues of our house which I really liked. As the market cooled just after we put our house on the market, they offered quick and realistic advice to maximise interest and secure us a good offer. What I was most impressed with was the way they kept on top of things after we had an offer and really drove things through to meet the quick turnaround both myself and our buyers needed. My thanks to all especially Anthony for all his work in making sure completion happened on schedule

6. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 22/11/2014

Michael Georgiou
    N17
    £1350

Michael Georgiou

Michael is a great agent and was always at hand to deal with any queries I had when Winkworths managed my property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“YES I THOUGHT THEIR FEES WERE REASONABLE”

7. A 5-star review by 'Jo' 22/11/2014

£1100
    Upload a reviwer profile image

All my contact with Winkworth has been great. The staff are always ready to help and offer advise. Their responses to emails are always prompt and I have felt very happy to have them managing my property, especially as I am often out of the country.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHILST THE FEES MAY SEEM A LOT, I BELIEVE THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A GOOD DEAL, WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER AGENCIES.”

8. A 5-star review by 'Mark M. Cesareo' 20/11/2014

Elly Miller, Joanne McGarrigle
    £1500

Elly MillerJoanne McGarrigle

We have been dealing with Joanne and Elly since our move to Blackheath in February 2014. As we are due to get married soon we were looking for a property in a lovely area. Thanks to these lovely folk we have experienced a very smooth transition that was pretty much stress free!

Elly and Joanne have dealt with our queries with the greatest of personalities and care. It's not about properties with these people, they help turn houses into homes, which means a lot. Every time we spoke to Elly and Joanne we always felt as though we were were talking to real people, rather than 'Agents'.
    And as a professional in the hospitality industry myself, I can truly appreciate the value of great customer care such as this!