...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Winkworth Estate Agents

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 746 ratings. This website contains 743 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

• Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 18 out of 14371 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.58 out of 5.00

• 687 recommend
  • 59 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

At Winkworth we love what we do and we pride ourselves on matching the right people with the right homes. We take the time to see the little things that other agents miss - the things that make a home or a search unique. We're local experts too, ensuring that you get the best advice on the area you're looking in, as well as comprehensive knowledge on the property market. From our 100 offices across the UK and overseas, including more offices in London than any other agency, we're able to ensure we get your home in front of the right people. And with the support of our Mayfair based Country House, China Desk, International and Marketing team, we're able to provide an unparalleled service whether you're looking to buy, sell, let or rent.

Page last updated on: 27-Aug-2015 21:02:55

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 25)

1. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

W120
    £500000
    Michael Connaughton

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Lewis Wiles

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

£1845
    Kelly Le Provost

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    279-283 Greenwich High Road (Greenwich) (Greenwich) (London)
    No staff selected.
    SE18
    £275000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworth Greenwich were fantastic. We were buying our first property and these guys were really helpful. We found the flat online and arranged to visit, which they were able to arrange quickly and conveniently.

They kept in close contact through the offer/acceptance stage which was good as we were very nervous.

Once our offer had been accepted they became incredibly good. Despite a couple of issues (solicitors, brokers... Never a good combination) they kept everything moving and provided us a lot of help to get to completion. Overall very happy with the service, and so far (1 day!!!) happy with the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 2 -star review by ''

Kelly Le Provost, Elizabeth Daley
    £1560
    Kelly Le ProvostElizabeth Daley
    Kelly Le ProvostElizabeth Daley

Generally quite a poor experience from this lettings agency. They were lovely when it came to looking around the property and putting in an offer but as soon as they'd locked in our money the problems started. They were utterly incompetent when it came to doing all of the paperwork for the tenancy, I spent several days re-sending emails to Elizabeth and phoning her multiple times for her to claim that she hadn't received my emails.

Eventually everything was sorted and we moved in to the property. Upon looking round we were told that the ceiling in the third bedroom needed to be replastered... (read more)

8. View All Comments (1)by Terence  12/08/2015

Dear 'prdsb62' I am sorry to hear that your experience with our office had not been up to standard. We pride ourselves in the service we provide not only landlords but tenants alike. I would like to discuss the matter with you in order to see where we have gone wrong and how we may be able to fix this. Could you please email me on shepherdsbush@winkworth.co.uk or contact me on 02087353250 Kind Regards Terence
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Cristina Peliza, Terence Thorogood
    £1000
    Cristina PelizaTerence Thorogood
    Cristina PelizaTerence Thorogood

I have nothing but good things to say about Winkworths since I enlisted them to be my managing agent. Cristina in particular, had to step up quickly to cover for illness. In doing so, she understood the complexities of the rental straight away and worked with me to find new contractors to update the garden. Furthermore, the tenant had issues with heating, water and crockery. Working with both Cristina and Terence, Winkworths were able to recover the situation quickly to ensure little or no impact to the tenant and helped me get updates to the lengthy inventory.

Providing a quality home... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. I HAVE PEACE OF MIND KNOWING WINKWORTHS ARE WORKING TO PROTECT MY INTERESTS AND THOSE OF THE TENANTS TOO. THEY KEEP THE PROPERTY WELL MAINTAINED AND ENSURE I MEET ALL RELEVANT LEGISLATION. THAT IS PRICELESS!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

W37B
    £1650
    Terence Thorogood

Terence is really polite and helpful. He answers e-mail requests fast and accurately. He helped us to find flexible solutions.

11. 1
    person found this

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Ahmet Hussein, Nick Charalambous
    N13
    £930000
    no photoNick Charalambous
    Ahmet HusseinNick Charalambous

We first meet Ahmet when he came to give us a market valuation of our property. Both my wife and I felt immediately that he had all the qualities we wanted in an estate agent to take the large responsibility of selling our family home. Ahmet was obviously very professional and keenly aware of the market we would be trying to appeal to. He answered all our questions and concerns thoughtfully and filled us with confidence in being able to portray our property in a honest and appealing manor. We left him in control of the marketing and open day as we went on holiday for a week. During this week he kept us updated throughout and we had agreed an offer by the time we returned! I have sold four houses in London over the years and can say without a doubt that Ahmet and the team at Winkworth N13 were outstanding at every step of the way and carry out there duties with the utmost professionalism. I could not speak higher of the team and am sure others will find the same experience.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES CHARGED WERE INDUSTRY STANDARD. YOU MAY FIND OTHER AGENTS OFFERING 'REDUCED' OR 'CUT PRICE' FEES THAT ARE CHEAPER AND YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF WHY AND I THINK INSTRUCTING THE BEST AGENT IS NOT SOMETHING TO SKIM ON. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND THE TEAM AT WINKWORTH N13 OFFER A PREMIUM PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICE, ALONG WITH THE BEST MARKETING STRATEGIES AND PROBABLY THE BEST DATABASE OF BUYERS TO PITCH YOUR PROPERTY TO.”

12. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Ahmet Hussein, Ajay Sharrma
    n13
    £560000
    no photono photo
    Ahmet HusseinAjay Sharrma

We are very pleased with the agent and their staff.

Totally professional, very impressed with the way they took notes of the property details and passed it on to each viewer. Excellent in arranging appointments, greeting and carrying it out.

Successful in sale and completion with a figure above asking price!!!

No hesitation in using again and recommending.

Thanks you all for a great service

Best Regards

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Kirstie Barber
    SM1
    £460000
    Kirstie Barber

Right from our first meeting to discuss the property we have been very impressed with all aspects of the service we received from Winkworth. Everyone worked hard on our behalf but I wanted to make particular mention of Kirstie, who did many of the viewings, including the crucial one that achieved the offer, and then guided us through the whole process through to completion last Thursday. Having Kirstie advise us and keep us informed meant the whole process was relatively stress-free for us, which in our experience is quite unusual for a property transaction. When we next sell a property I will have no hesitation in returning to Winkworth in Cheam.

14. View All Comments (1)by Neil  13/08/2015

Thanks for taking the time to post such a lovely review - its much appreciated. We look forward to working for you again on your next property sale.
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 High Street (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan, Chris Lang
    BR5
    no photoChris Lang
    Anthony WhelanChris Lang

Thoroughly recommend

Anthony and Chris helped us to buy the property in Orpington. Both are very professional and I highly recommend them.

Again many thanks for your help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    429 Roman RoadBow (Tower Hamlets) (London) (Greater London)
    Moiz Ahmedd
    e3
    Moiz Ahmedd

Moiz helped us to sell our flat in Bow earlier this year. From start to finish we found Moiz to be very professional and helpful. He called to give us feedback after every viewing and always kept us up to date during the sales process. I would not hesitate to recommend Moiz to anyone looking to sell their property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

SE11
    Kate Noble

I've been a tenant at this address for almost 6 years. Kate has been the longest serving and most helpful person managing the property in that time. Kate has responded to any issues promptly and effectively, generally by email, and negotiated acceptable resolutions to every issue I've raised; she has also been pleasant to deal with throughout.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Cristina Peliza

We had to contact the agency for many things, Cristina always came back to us really quickly (usually the same day) and took the necessary measures.

She doesn't only go for quick and dirty fixes but make sure it's done properly and communicate a lot with us to make sure everything is alright.

It's great to know that we can contact at any time someone who cares about our situation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

No staff selected.
    w12
    £3500
    Would you use the agent again? No

When we saw th e property i January we really liked it, we wanted to sign for a one year lease possibly more but one year was sure. They would only sign for 18 months or oe year with a six month break clause. Daisy assured us that the landlord would not break the lease. He did at the 6 month marker (so 4 months into the lease).
    Then we asked that a coat rack be put in they accepted but only at our expense and if we removed if when we left (luckily we did not do this). During the first month 2 neighbors approached us to tell us that when we showered the whole street could see us naked.
    I... (read more)

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest and told us that it was a short term lease for 6 months not 12.(we specifically asked about this) They could have checked to see if when someone was in the shower they were visible from the street rather than behave as if I was lying. They could have been helpful with our move and agreed to put our tivo box in the prepaid enveloppe to arrive at the house.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

£1950
    Cristina Peliza

Having Cristina as our property manager has been an absolute pleasure. She's friendly, approachable and always there when I need her. She made the initial move in process so easy and guided as through everything we needed to know. When our boiler stopped working she contacted us daily with updates and worked tirelessly until it was fixed. And when we were moving out she also did everything she could to make it smooth and easy.
    She arranged any work, visits or anything around our schedules and was always available to give the workers access to the property so that we didn't have to wait at home.
    Again a really great experience - thanks Cristina!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 3 -star review by ''

Sophie Leaver
    w12
    £300
    Sophie Leaver

Beware of Sophie Leaver the tenancy manager, I found she was abrupt and unwilling to help. Rather than looking after the tenant she goes by everything that was

Comments on the Agents fees

“UP FRONT AND ONE OF THE CHEAPER ONES. THE WHOLE NOTION OF TENANCY RENEWAL FEES IS RIDICULOUS THOUGH.”

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“up front and one of the cheaper ones. the whole notion of tenancy renewal fees is ridiculous though.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

W3
    £1950
    Joanna Hewitt

Jo was great from start to finish! Our experience with Winkworth has been great mainly due to her friendly nature and her ability to get things we needed done in a timely manner. We would absolutely recommended anyone to use their services

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

George Jackson-Stops
    W
    £1250000
    George  Jackson-Stops
    George Jackson-Stops

Replied to calls and emails very quickly
    Happily allowed access to the property numerous times for architects and builders etc
    Personable and professional manner
    Pleasure to deal with
    No pressure to buy property or expeditate process

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

£675000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth was a great agent. I felt Elizabeth was very open and honest. She did not put us in a bidding war like other agents have in my experience. Though technically she worked for the seller, she was helpful for us buyers as well by keeping us well informed. Elizabeth was always available and responsive. My emails and phone calls were never left unattended. I really felt as though she wasn't just trying to make a sale but rather she was helping us buy a home and the seller sell her home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

SE1
    £3250
    Kate Noble

Kate has been a fantastic managing agent. We have just come to the end of a complete refurb of the property and she has taken care of everything for me. This could have been a really stressful project and she has made it so easy. She is really practically minded, level headed and easy to deal with. I'm so glad for everything she has done.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Elizabeth Nascimento, George Jackson-Stops
    Elizabeth NascimentoGeorge  Jackson-Stops
    Elizabeth NascimentoGeorge Jackson-Stops

Very helpful, prompt service and quick response to emails, calls etc. Good mediator between buyer, seller and solicitors. Very dogged and doesn't give up! Goes the extra mile with advice, follow up etc. Would highly recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

SE11
    Kate Noble

Kate managed 12 properties for us and in my 30 years in the business I have never met a better property manager. Prompt response to all emails and phone calls. She is the best!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

George Jackson-Stops, Elizabeth Nascimento
    £140600
    George  Jackson-StopsElizabeth Nascimento
    George Jackson-StopsElizabeth Nascimento

I first viewed the property in January and put in an offer some weeks later, pending the sale of my property. It took a while to settle the sale of my property, but during this time Winkworths managed the process calmly and were never pushy. They worked closely with me and their client, who lived abroad and was not always easy to reach and although a bit protracted, the whole process went through smoothly. Everyone at Winkworths was always friendly and went out of their ways to be supportive.
    As we reached completion, I received a very helpful letter with information on who to contact about reading meters and inform of my change of address. I was very excited to pick up my keys and surprised and delighted to be given a bottle of Chamagne in a smart branded carrier bag congratulating me on my new home! The whole process felt like a great team effort.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Cristina Peliza, Janine Coleman
    £1500
    Cristina PelizaJanine Coleman
    Cristina PelizaJanine Coleman

By far the best letting agency I have dealt with in London. From start to finish they were amazing and always on hand to help with any issues. Janine found us our first property under Winkworth of which Cristina managed and they were both faultless in their efforts! I have recently come to the end of my tenancy and I was so impressed by the fact that they had found me somewhere new with such little fuss in not time at all, just what you need during what can be a stressful experience! Special mention to Cristina for being awesome!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Elizabeth Nascimento, Ben Hunt
    £715000
    Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt
    Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt

Winkworth helped us in the sale of our investment property. We worked with Ben and Liz and both of them are very friendly, polite and professional. They have very good knowledge of the property market in the area and provided us with valuable advice. It was a pleasure of working with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Pippa Stafford, James Fraser
    W14P
    £2000
    Pippa   StaffordJames Fraser
    Pippa StaffordJames Fraser

Pippa and the team at Winkworths were incredibly flexible and helpful in marketing our property. It was the first time we were letting the property on the open market, and not through friends. They advised on the right time of year, an accurate price and managed to find tenants who were interested in a longer term. Overall they were very flexible as we changed the date of release due to extending the stay of some friends.

What we valued most was the prompt attention to our questions, and also not continually chasing us as other agents have done!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

w6
    £2500
    James Fraser

We have been working with Winkworth for over 10 years and they have helped us to rent our property. I have always found them to be professional, helpful and knowledgeable about the market. Telephone calls have always been returned and emails answered very quickly. I would highly recommend them if you have a property to rent out. James Fraser has been a pleasure to work with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

James Fraser, Pippa Stafford
    £2513
    James FraserPippa   Stafford
    James FraserPippa Stafford

James and Pippa are great to work with. They're really easy to speak to: always return calls promptly and are happy to explore ideas, though invariably their advice is always the best option. They've got a really friendly, approachable manner whilst retaining a high degree of professionalism and I'm sure all the people they show round my flats like them and trust them as much as I do. Since they've been on board we've had practically no void periods (other than during refurbishments) and we've got a great set of tenants in all our flats, which is ultimately all you want as a landlord. I've been with Winkworths in Shepherds Bush now for 5 1/2 years, let 8 properties with them and trust their judgement implicitly. I can't recommend them more highly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

James Fraser, Pippa Stafford
    £1500
    James FraserPippa   Stafford
    James FraserPippa Stafford

I have been using Winkworth's letting department for 8 years to find tenants for my flat. Their professionalism is up there with the best, and the service I get is first class. Being overseas and managing my flat is really not easy, but James and Pippa are always there for me. Whatever the need, however small or important, I know I can rely on them to find a solution. I have tried other estate agents in the past and the service quality has been nothing like what I am used to with Winkworth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  37. A 5 -star review by ''

£1600
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

This was our second new rental with Pippa and she has been a joy to deal with, Pippa has been very informative whilst also making you feel very comfortable with the lettings process. She was very proactive without pushing any of the normal sales pitches you receive from many lettings agents.

During the lettings process we had many questions which Pippa was more than helpful in providing the correct information whilst making herself available, She helped make moving an easy process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 5 -star review by ''

W6 7
    £355
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

Pippa was lovely to work with. She found us exactly what we wanted and helped us with the agreement process. She's really quick off the mark and her chilled out attitude was a huge asset to the somewhat stressful business of moving house! Thank you Pippa

Comments on the Agents fees

“PIPPA HELPED US PUT IN AN OFFER THAT WAS WITHIN BUDGET - SHE ALSO MADE SURE SHE SHOWED US REALISTIC PROPERTIES AND RESPECTED OUR LIMIT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 4 -star review by ''

Pippa Stafford, James Fraser
    £600
    Pippa   StaffordJames Fraser
    Pippa StaffordJames Fraser

I have had very bad experiences with estate agents in the past, so dealing with Pippa and James was really something I could not be more welcoming about.

I have nothing but praise for Pippa because if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have found our dream home. I initially met her when I enquired about another house, but after listening to our specifications, Pippa independently decided we had to go and see a different property - one we were sure to love. It was exactly what we were looking for and to be honest, something we didn't think we could afford or even existed in the cruel london... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE FEES WERE PRETTY STANDARD AND NOT TOO UNFAIR. UNLIKE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENTS, I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE I WAS HAVING THE LIFE-FORCE DRAINED FROM ME.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads

How much is my property worth?