Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 456 ratings. This website contains 453 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 16)

Page last updated on: 31-Jul-2014 11:53:49

1. 7

A 5-star review by 'Carolyn Doughty' 18/3/2014

Ahmet Hussein, Leila Asrar
    N13,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ahmet, Leila and Nick sold a flat in N13 in August for us and a house in N21 in January. On both occasions the properties went under offer within days of being on the market. The brochures were very professional as were the photographer.

Leila took the lead on our flat sale and Ahmet on our house sale.

They managed to obtain over the asking price on one and full asking price on the other.

Both sales were difficult at times, but Ahmet and Leila took the lead in all negotiations and really shielded us as much as possible from the pressure and demands of vendors.

On both occasions the sales went through within 3 months and Ahmet and Leila could not have been more helpful, answering phone messages (although it was very rare not to be able to speak to them straight away) as soon as they came back to the office.

I cannot recommend Winkworths Palmers Green highly enough. They made 2 moves in 6 months as stressless as is possible and I will miss our daily conversations.

2. 7

A 5-star review by 'HC Britton' 6/3/2014

N21
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The manager valued the property well - and we managed to achieve the asking price after several bids. The agents were very efficient in showing a large number of people round the property and vetted the financial position of the potential buyers so that we did not have problems with them not being able to get a mortgage - this was a flying freehold which is unusual and more complex. All the staff were very helpful whenever I had to contact the office - I will certainly use them again.

3. 8

A 5-star review by 'Vas Vgm' 6/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Winkworth Estate agents in palmers green for a number of years now
    To let out my property on Hazelwood lane
    Every tenant to date has been carefully selected and we have always achieved a top rental price
    Every member of staff is approachable and professional.
    From the Manager down to the receptionist.
    It makes a refreshing change to have an agent of this calibre in palmers green
    Highly recommended

4. 6

A 5-star review by 'Frances' 5/3/2014

N21
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

"My Winkworth story began in early May 2013 when, after comparing them with other agents, I decided to appoint them to take on the sale of my house in Winchmore Hill.

It is of course a potentially fraught business selling a house and I had lived at my current address for 27 years so, with a deep breath, I took the plunge and trusted Ahmet, the negotiator who took me through the initial process and awaited results.

True to his assurances every step of the way, every viewing, every feedback, was effortlessly communicated to me and at no time did I feel unsupported. There were, in... (read more)

5. 8

A 5-star review by 'Annemarie Fearnley' 1/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have nothing but praise for the Palmers Green branch of Winkworth. The purchase of my flat was made as painless as possible due to the helpfulness of the staff at the branch, especially Ahmet Hussain, who promptly dealt with any queries/worries I had. Even though I have now moved into my property, and am generally very happy, he is continuing to be helpful with outstanding issues I have.

6. A 5-star review by 'amice lock' 31/7/2014

Andrew Carre, Fin Cook
    nw10
    £2125000

Andrew CarreFin Cook

Excellent service - always at the end of the phone. Accessible, professional and proactive. I was very impressed with all the staff in the branch; Stewart from the outset who convinced us he would secure best value and Andrew and Finlay who showed the house. Andrew subsequently secured the sale and was extremely helpful throughout the sometimes frustrating process (driven by the purchasers timeframe and nit picking lawyers!

7. A 5-star review by 'Audrey' 25/7/2014

£420000

Leila Asrar

We bought a property with Winkworth and Leila was our estate agent. We cannot say enough positive things about how hard Leila worked to ensure we got the property we had set our hearts on. It was not an easy sale and more than once it looked like it would fall through. But Leila pursued the vendors and after a lot of negotiating we got the property at the the price we originally offered. We cannot praise Leila or Winkworth enough and would highly recommend them if you are looking for a property.

8. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 25/7/2014

Leila Asrar

The service was excellent. My girlfriend and I purchased our first flat with the help of Leila. As first time buyers we didn't really know what we should be doing at any stage of the process! Leila was super helpful, patient, answered my daily emails, managed expectations of all parties correctly and helped us navigate some interesting issues with a solicitor. I would trust Leila again with the sale / purchase of a property.

9. A 4-star review by 'Charlotte' 25/7/2014

Stewart Boyd

Stewart Boyd

I was very impressed by Stewart Boyd's team - they were attentive and really helped push out difficult purchase through -highly recommended.

10. A 5-star review by 'John' 17/7/2014

£1500000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I was keen to buy in Kensal Rise and Winkworths notified me of a property that was due to hit the market and kindly sent me photos ahead of the open day.

The Open day generated a lot of interest and I managed to secure the property.

Excellent, friendly service. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to a buyer or seller.

11. 3

A 5-star review by 'Jane Iremonger' 17/7/2014

Ahmet Hussein

I found Mr Ahmet Hussein extremely courteous during all the visits I made to the flat that I wanted to buy. Contacting and arranging visits was no trouble for him. I know he represented the interests of the vendor but I also felt that he did everything he could to give me the best chance of being the purchaser.

Ahmet was always very patient with me when I constantly rang to inquire about the flat's progress. He did everything he could to speed things along, ringing all parties concerned.

I would highly recommend this estate agent to anyone thinking of selling or buying.

12. A 3-star review by 'john' 16/7/2014

nw10
    £454000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

the agent's job is to bring the 2 parties together and secure a deal. this did happen, though i think there could have been ways it happened sooner. there were frustrating times when the agent was unavailable and when communication between the various parties could have been quicker. there was a longer gap than anticipated between making the initial offer and completion. all parties contributed to the delays: there may be ways the agent can facilitate the process a bit more.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE FEES DO NOT REFLECT THE AMOUNT OF WORK INVOLVED IN THIS PURCHASE. IE THEY EARN A LOT OF MONEY FOR NOT A LOT OF OBVIOUS WORK. [I REALISE THAT NOT ALL PROPERTIES TAKEN ON BY ANY ONE AGENT GET SOLD BY THAT AGENT, BUT I DON\'T LIKE THE IDEA OF SUBSIDISING NON-DEALS.]”

View All Comments (1)by Stewart Boyd  16/07/2014

Hi John, thanks for this feedback. Agreed, we can always work harder to try to limit these delays and good communication should be the key to managing the expectations of our clients. It has been difficult recently with a lack of qualified surveyors, and the mortgage review process is slowing the conveyencing process. Thanks for the review. I have shared it with my colleagues and I hope you like the living in the new flat.
  13. A 5-star review by 'Tom McD' 16/7/2014

Andrew Carre
    £499950

Andrew Carre

Really excellent service - we met with 5 or 6 estate agents in the area and, although they actually quoted the lowest price sale price of any of them, we chose to go with them because they had a really clear and sensible strategy and they seemed to be trustworthy (which proved to be the case). In the end we got considerably over asking price anyway. During the sale, our initial buyer pulled out without warning on day of exchange, but they managed to get 25+ people in the door 3 days later and we had secured a new buyer at a better price two days after that. Couldn't really ask for more. They also came and met us on a Sunday when they were closed as we were locked out of our house after holiday and they had the spare key. Would def recommend these guys.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE FINE. TYPICAL FOR THE AREA NOW.”

14. A 5-star review by 'Leon Stone' 15/7/2014

Russell Chilvers
    Nw10
    £500000

Russell Chilvers

From the first visit I had a confident feel about dealing with Russell and this continued when I met the team. They were all well presented, positive and professional and were throughout the whole transaction which was stressful and time-consuming but through no fault of the agents. They chased the solicitors constantly and pushed the buyers to perform, and I felt they were in control throughout. I'm very pleased with the performance of Russell, Tormod and the rest of the team at Winkworth Willesden.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST AGENT OUT THERE BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN LIFE AND I\'M HAPPY TO PAY FOR A GREAT PRICE ACHIEVED AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.”

15. A 5-star review by 'GillianSwaine' 14/7/2014

Russell Chilvers, Tormod Smith
    NW2

Russell ChilversTormod Smith

Russell and Tormod moved heaven and earth to get my sale to a positive conclusion. They were proactive and supportive, when at times, things looked like stalling.

Without them working on this sale, I really don't think we would have reached the positive outcome which we have, and I can't thank them enough!

I would not hesitate to recommend Winkworths if Russell and Tormod are examples of the calibre of their employees!

Comments on the Agents fees

“A FAIR FEE FOR THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT REQUIRED BY THE AGENTS”

1. 3

A 5-star review by 'Athena' 14/7/2014

Ahmet Hussein

Ahmet is the best estate agent out there!

The purchase of our house took 9 months due to various difficulties along the way, however, Ahmet was there throughout the whole process and was more than helpful, kind, empathic, understanding and was key in making it go through for us! We couldn't be happier with the service and can honestly say that we would not have completed on this house without the help from Ahmet.

Thank you to the whole team at Palmers Green Winkworth as they were always helpful, nice and willing to do anything to help. I've had some horrible experiences with estate agents and although the sale of this was so much longer than we could have even anticipated or imagined - Ahmet was a constant champion throughout! He went above and beyond :)

We can not thank you enough and will definitely use Winkworth (especially Ahmet though) again!!!!

2. A 5-star review by 'NIGEL Dawson-Smallwood' 11/7/2014

Branch:
    33 Brabham Court Central Road (Worcester Park) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes
    KT4

Neil Barnes

My move was made easier with a supportive and professional service by everyone in the Office. Neil gave me more support and information than the Solicitors that were dealing with my sale and helped make the final outcome possible. As i mentioned every employee i had occasion to deal with at the W.Park Office were really clear and helpful as my move was made in a very stressful time in my life. Thanks to all of them. Yours Nigel D-Smallwood

3. A 4-star review by 'lou' 7/7/2014

£626000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Winkworth provided the kind of service I would like from an estate agent whilst selling: they took a lot of stress out of the sale whilst achieving a very satisfactory price. Liz was super efficient and provided a great service (doing everything she could to make the sale go smoothyly). I brought from Winkworth 20 years ago and I recommended them and I would definitely recommend them now

4. A 1-star review by 'Alex' 7/7/2014

Branch:
    16 High StreetChislehurstKent ( ) (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    br7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
    I chose this agency because I read their reviews on this website. My experience with this agency has been awful. I have to admit that this is the first time I deal with estate agents for selling a property but they really did not impress me..or the impressed in an extremely negative way. To the point that, if this estate agency is one of the good one....I'm totally lost for words!
    I picked them because they were very honest regarding my property and the housing market at the current time...while other agents seem too good to be true in... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVEN`T SOLD MY PROPERTY WITH THEM YET. I JUST WANT TO SHARE MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE ABOUT TO SELL THEIR PROPERTY AND LOOK FOR AN ESTATE AGENCY. JUST TO WARN THEM!!!! FEES SEEMS OK THOUGH..PRETTY AVERAGE.”

View All Comments (1)by Chris Lang  10/07/2014

Dear Alessandra, I am sorry that you have felt this way and even sorrier that you have felt the need to write such a negative review. Firstly in regards to the open day, as mentioned to you on the phone and in the email I sent to you early on Monday morning I can 100% vouch for Anthony. He arrived at the property at 9.45am and the viewer was already waiting outside in the car park. Anthony spent 5 minutes talking to the gentleman and then came in to see you. I know this because Anthony called me at 9.51am to ask me a quick question. I am even prepared to show you my call log where you... (read more)
  5. A 4-star review by 'Anthony Whelan' 3/7/2014

No branch selected
    BR7
    £400000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very helpful and responsive.He kept us fully informed during the period of the sale.It was good to have someone thinking ahead to ensure that any delays were kept to a minimum.

6. A 5-star review by 'Simon' 1/7/2014

£705000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Dealing with Winkworths was different to pretty much all other estate agents I have come across. They are genuinely, nice, friendly, professional people who want the best for their clients. They offered advice when we asked for it, they were courteous, talked to us on our level and most importantly didn't pressure us at any stage. It made what I thought was going to be quite a stressful experience run smoothly.

As an aside they know the area so well and gave us a good gauge of value based on what other properties had sold for. I would definitely recommend them.

7. A 5-star review by 'CL' 30/6/2014

Aaron Priscott
    NW1
    Rent PCM
    £385

Aaron Priscott

Aaron has been a pleasure to work with. Professional, courteous, efficient and reliable. His communication skills are excellent both with us the customer, and also prospective tenants. He always gave us notice of inspection times and was always prompt. We felt his review of our property was realistic and his knowledge of the local rental market comprehensive. Aaron was always quick to respond to our queries. Overall we're really pleased with the service Aaron has provided us with and based on this, we would happily use Winkworth in the future, and also recommend them to others.

8. A 2-star review by 'ac' 24/6/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was trying to let my flat out through winkworth. James is very friendly. He managed to find me a tenant although at a lower than expected price, which i accepted in the end. when it comes to just before tenant moving in, stells told me that they need safety certificates. I provided the legally required certificates for gas and electrics which come together from the developer as my flat is a new built. Then stella insisted that i should do PAT test as well. I consulted my solicitor and it is not really necessary. Given all electronics in the flat are new and up to UK safety standard, i said... (read more)

View All Comments (1)by Ben Hunt  30/06/2014

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service we provided. To address your concerns, firstly the price was in part dictated by the sheer number of flats that have come to the market within the same development at the same time – there are still a number of flats there which are empty as they have been priced too highly. We would always recommend a client has a PAT (Portable Appliance Test) test in order to protect them. I must apologise as it seems that this was not fully explained to you, as the certificates you had would relate to the electrical installation and not necessarily the appliances. The PAT test would also cover any other appliances you may have put in to the property such as toaster, kettle etc. With regard to the keys I can only apologise for the misunderstanding.
  9. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'Susie' 24/6/2014

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes, Jordan Rhodes
    SM4
    £208000

Neil BarnesJordan Rhodes

I found Winkworths staff to be both efficient and friendly. Both the staff member who showed me around the property and the one who dealt with the sale were very helpful and at no point did I feel pressurised or like any question was too much trouble. The agent involved in the purchase of my property was extremely helpful and helped to move things along smoothly, chasing both sides solicitors etc. All in all I have had an excellent experience of Winkworths and would definately use them again and recommend them for buying and selling.

View All Comments (1)by Neil  25/06/2014

Thank you for your review , your comments are most appreciated and we are delighted you had an excellent experience with Winkworth .
  10. A 5-star review by 'Paula' 23/6/2014

Branch:
    429 Roman Road Bow (Tower Hamlets) (London) (Greater London)
    E3
    £383000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I sold my property in Bow through Winkworth in 2014 at a time when the market in East London is crazy. Whilst several agents approached me making claims of ridiculous sales prices achieved through one mass viewing, requiring little effort from themselves and much stress for all participants, with a high likelihood of falling through thereafter, Andre suggested alternatives which he would manage personally, to achieve target and realistic values. His attention to my wishes as a customer, and assistance throughout the sales process was exceptional, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and the Winkworth team to future sellers. Andre helped manage the post offer period effectively, keeping me up to date, and stayed positive throughout, despite the whole process taking a very long time. Definitely the most customer centric agent in Bow!

1. A 5-star review by 'M Kelly' 19/6/2014

Branch:
    37 Church Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    edward foley, Charles Tavner
    SW19

edward foleyCharles Tavner

I recently had the pleasure of dealing with the very helpful staff at the Wimbledon Village Branch, located on Church Road and I must say that they all excelled.

Everyone, including Charles Travers and Edward Foley, along with Susie Robinson, were very helpful and pleasant and each would go the extra mile to ensure that both of the clients best interests were being served. Unlike some estate agents were their client (in my case, the landlord) was served to the potential detriment of the tenant, the Wimbledon team did everything they could to assist me while still serving their client, so a win, win situation was created.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the team to any of my colleagues or clients.

2. 3

A 5-star review by 'ML' 18/6/2014

N22
    £270000

Ahmet Hussein

It is with great pleasure for me to write this review to provide my feedback on the service I have received from Winkworth, Palmers Green during my very recent purchase of a property through them. Having dealt with many estate agents over many years both here in London and in Sydney, I have come to the conclusion that quite simply Ahmet Hussein your sales manager is above and beyond all the rest of them by a clear mile. It is quite obvious because of the great amount of time and effort he has put into the ongoing contract negotiations which has spanned close to 11 months to get to... (read more)

3. A 5-star review by 'Harvey' 13/6/2014

Branch:
    16 High StreetChislehurstKent ( ) (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Steve Brown, Anthony Whelan
    No postcode selected.

Steve BrownAnthony Whelan

Steve the manager came round to value our house, very friendly & approachable without being over the top. Anthony did most of the viewings & feed backs & again was never overpowering & listen to exactly how I wanted to market the house. Always very polite & my calls, messages or emails were always answered quickly.

4. A 5-star review by 'PSHUTTLE' 13/6/2014

Branch:
    97 Church Road (Hove) (Brighton and Hove)
    Toby Powell
    BN3
    £290000

Toby Powell

Whilst buying a property in England was not painless or stress-free, Winkworth's worked very hard to reassure, calm and assist. The first property we placed an offer on fell through and Winkworth's were really apologetic about it (it wasn't their fault, we gambled on a dodgy vendor). They immediately tried to remedy the problem and showed us a lovely flat which we placed an offer on.
    There were a few issues with the flat (paperwork, consents etc.) but the amount of running around Toby did was above and beyond. When Toby wasn't available the others in the office were also very supportive.
    I have recommended Winkworth's to sellers and buyers alike (although buyers don't have much choice). It also takes a lot for me to bother writing a review but I wanted to express my gratitude.

5. A 5-star review by 'Albert Zandvoort' 7/6/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento
    W14
    £281000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Great personal attention from Liz and good support to ensure a smooth transaction. Will definitely recommend Liz at Winkworths to others.

6. A 5-star review by 'Andy C' 5/6/2014

Branch:
    97 Uxbridge Road (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Joanna Hewitt
    Rent PCM
    £3055

Joanna Hewitt

I've been a tenant for 3 years since moving from University and have nothing but great things to say not only about Winkworth, but in particular Joanna. Our dealings throughout the initial house hunt, to moving in, to handling maintenance and all the things in managing a property day-to-day have been done with aplomb.

Joanna has always communicated with all 5 of us in the property to ensure our time there has been as trouble-free as possible - she is always willing to help and always very accommodating with any (at times unreasonable) request that we have had. We are sad to be leaving Winkworth and Joanna due to property sale, but have no hesitations about recommending her and Winkworth to anyone looking for a let. Thank you so much!

7. A 1-star review by 'AA' 3/6/2014

Branch:
    279 Lymington Road Highcliffe (Christchurch) (Bournemouth) (Hampshire)
    BH6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The initial contact was quite good but they did not keep to their promises in relation to the price they considered they could get for my flat, the photos they used, their attitude to me after approximately two weeks, the fact they did not give me a copy of the Terms of business before I signed, then they gave me their office copy not the Client cop of the agreement and finally refused to release me from the contract when I gave them one months notice and they did not even have the respect to respond to any letters of emails from me even at the end of the contract. I have since taken my business of selling the flat elsewhere and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone!

8. 4

A 5-star review by 'gregc' 21/5/2014

N14

Leila AsrarAhmet Hussein

We would have no hesitation in recommending Leila and Ahmet, who sold our flat earlier this year. They were extremely professional, responsive and offered excellent advice at all stages of the selling process. They were also extremely helpful in negotiations so solicitors didn’t need to get involved in every little detail. We would definitely use them again.

9. A 5-star review by 'James' 20/5/2014

Branch:
    10-11 Grand Parade (Green Lanes) (London) (Greater London)
    Staff Member
    first name last name, first name last name
    N8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

first name last namefirst name last name

All the staff at Winkworth Harringay were helpful, polite and professional in all our dealings with them. Dimitri and Andreas in particular were very quick to return calls and emails and were always helpful and able to get the information that we needed. They were friendly, honest and straightforward at all times. This was our first house purchase and the staff at Winkworth made it very easy. I would certainly recommend this estate agents to others looking to buy.

10. 4

A 5-star review by 'Palmers First time buyers' 13/5/2014

N14

Ahmet Hussein

We have just completed on purchasing a house in the Southgate/Palmers Green area. The purchase was challenging due to the chain and the vendors' needs and took 6 months from handshake to completion. Ahmet at the Winkworth office was thoroughly professional and communicative throughout, doing an excellent job of balancing the sellers' needs with the buyers'. We weren't expecting to find an estate agent who seemed to genuinely care about the situation of all parties involved and who genuinely wanted to achieve the best result for all parties, and whose integrity was never in doubt for a second.

Would highly recommend Winkworth Palmers Green for any buyers or sellers who value and care for the local community.