Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 701 ratings. This website contains 698 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

• Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

Overall Customer Rating

4.57 out of 5.00

• 646 recommend
  • 55 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

At Winkworth we love what we do and we pride ourselves on matching the right people with the right homes. We take the time to see the little things that other agents miss - the things that make a home or a search unique. We're local experts too, ensuring that you get the best advice on the area you're looking in, as well as comprehensive knowledge on the property market. From our 100 offices across the UK and overseas, including more offices in London than any other agency, we're able to ensure we get your home in front of the right people. And with the support of our Mayfair based Country House, China Desk, International and Marketing team, we're able to provide an unparalleled service whether you're looking to buy, sell, let or rent.

Page last updated on: 27-Apr-2015 00:18:19

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 24)

1. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

W120
    £500000
    Michael Connaughton

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Lewis Wiles
    Lewis Wiles no photo
    Lewis WilesSimon Waller

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson no photo
    Nicholas RobinsonSimon Waller

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

£1845
    Kelly Le Provost

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 High Street (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan, Chris Lang
    BR1
    £840000
    no photo Chris Lang
    Anthony WhelanChris Lang

I remember my very first impression of Anthony was that he was extremely friendly and courteous. He developed an instant rapport with us which was the reason we put our faith in him. And after settling on our current house, he spared no effort to make ends meet and finalize the deal. It was a long journey but he was very patient and calm throughout. I can not commend him any further for both his professional and personal qualities. Indeed, a stellar agent.AHM

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 High Street (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan
    BR7
    Anthony Whelan

Extremely helpful throughout

Winkworth/ Anthony Whelan was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. As usual, with all sales/purchases things don't always go to plan, but Anthony was always there to help with any hic-ups that occurred. Always keeping in contact and updating us with any news.

Overall a wonderful service!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

alison lightfoot, hermione fiebig
    SE12
    £1100
    alison lightfoothermione fiebig

It was pleasant and reassuring dealing with Alison, she was extremely patient (both with us and prospective tenants) and always positive. I think the people we have dealt with at Winkworth's over the past few weeks are all exceptionally hard-working, and set an example, and I give them full praise.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Fin Cook, Yanick Lumsden
    £499995
    Fin Cook Yanick Lumsden
    Fin CookYanick Lumsden

Great communication and service throughout the buying process. Finlay was enthusiastic, helpful and consistently available for consultation. He was supported by a solid team who were able to pick up when he was unavailable. Yanick in particular. I was satisfied enough to use Winkworth to manage the subsequent rental of the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Finlay Cook
    £1
    Finlay Cook

Finlay was amazing. Literally pushed through the most ridiculously tricky deal with a very long chain. We got there in the end, of which Finlay played a big part. He was very personable, always answered the phone and easy to get on with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    Aaron Priscott no photo
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron and Telisha were really helpful, professional at all times but very approachable and efficient.
    They made the process very easy and manageable.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Midge Breed
    SE13
    £910
    Midge Breed

I have been a tenant with Winkworth for a little over a year and I have always been exceptionally pleased with the speed at which they resolve any issues that arise within the property. Recently we had an issue with our washing machine, but it was sorted and replaced within a matter of days. As a tenant I feel very supported and I would recommend renting with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

£1222
    Cristina Peliza

Cristina was a great Property Manager; always very easy to talk to and prompt in responding to all queries (minor and major). Winkworth are easily the best letting/estate agents I've ever rented with.

14. 1
    person found this

Aaron Priscott, Christine Boyd
    NW6
    £495
    Aaron Priscott Christine Boyd
    Aaron PriscottChristine Boyd

Aaron was absolutely fantastic. efficient, helpful and not at all pushy. I would highly recommend using him and will do so in the future should we chose to move. He listened to what we wanted and sent us only relevant properties to view.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    £2
    Aaron Priscott no photo
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

They gave a great service from the very beginning, starting with a fair and realistic estimate of what I would get for the property. They did not offer the highest income for my house- instead they gave a realistic view of what they expected to get. When I asked to put it in at a higher price, they agreed to try, but it ended up going for the price they initially predicted. They were very helpful with regards to preparing the property to the correct standards and also with how to best deal with tricky tenants should this become a problem. They have been totally above board, trustworthy, straight down the line, adaptable and friendly. I would highly recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE FEES- THEY WERE ROUGHLY THE SAME FEES AS ALL THE LOCAL AGENTS IN THE AREA AND IN SOME INSTANCES THEY WERE MORE REASONABLE THAN THE LOCAL AGENTS, WHICH WAS SURPRISING.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  17. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    35 High Street (Barnet) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Adam Theobald
    EN5
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Adam Theobald

I left the same review on Youtube Winkworth channel;

WHY BOTHER LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY WITH WINKWORTH?

Adam Theobald - Barnet office, North London, told us on Saturday 4th April 2015 (the below property I enclosed the link) had an open day of viewing at Saturday 11th April 2015. This morning he calls me and he says, the property has been sold. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, got my commission, CONTINUE wasting time on looking for a house in London.

My partner and I are absolutely discussed with this absolute shocking behaviour of an international company Winkworth.

Firstly, I decided to... (read more)

Report Abuse 1 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£1250
    Janine Coleman

Janine was of great help when looking for a property. She was extremely efficient, straight to the point and was very honest. She was careful in showing us only properties that fall under most if not all our categories instead of showing us properties that from the beginning we knew we would not like.

We had absolutely no trouble with her and had a very easy move thanks to Janine and her team. She was so great that we also made sure to find our next property with them too.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Stella Malinova, Pippa Stafford
    W6 7
    £1517
    Stella Malinova no photo
    Stella MalinovaPippa Stafford

Many thanks to Pippa and Stella for managing our new flat in Sheperd's Bush - what a pleasure to work with professional agents who truly care for tenants!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 3 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Brabham Court Central Road (Worcester Park) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes, Sarah Lee
    KT4
    £485000
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Neil BarnesSarah Lee

Agent promoted house well with great photographs. Good footfall and achieved good offers. Unfortunately, when we had problems with the chain, the manager became incommunicado and wouldn't return calls. Luckily we got past the problem and they picked up the ball, Sarah being very proactive and helpful in the final stages of the process.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES REPRESENT A BIG CHUNK OF THE BUDGET WHEN YOU MOVE HOUSE AND WE DIDN'T FEEL WINKWORTH EARNED IT ON THIS OCCASION. THERE PRESENCE IS GOOD AND THEY ATTRACTED PEOPLE TO THE PROPERTY. HOWEVER, NO OFFERS WERE MADE WHEN THEY SHOWED PEOPLE AROUND ON THE OPEN DAY WHEREAS TWO OFFERS WERE MADE THE DAY WE SHOWED PROSPECTIVE BUYERS AROUND. ALSO, AS MENTIONED ABOVE, THEY WERE PASSIVE AND UNINVOLVED WHEN THERE WERE ISSUES, LEAVING IT TO US AND THE OTHER AGENTS IN THE CHAIN TO SORT THINGS OUT. THIS CHANGED WHEN SARAH JOINED THE PROCESS THOUGH AND THE REVIEW WOULD HAVE BEEN POSITIVE IF WE HAD BEEN SHOWN THE ATTENTION SHE GAVE US THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS.”

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“The fees represent a big chunk of the budget when you move house and we didn't feel Winkworth earned it on this occasion. There presence is good and they attracted people to the property. However, no offers were made when they showed people around on the open day whereas two offers were made the day we showed prospective buyers around. Also, as mentioned above, they were passive and uninvolved when there were issues, leaving it to us and the other agents in the chain to sort things out. This changed when Sarah joined the process though and the review would have been positive if we had been shown the attention she gave us throughout the process.”

21. View All Comments (1)by Neil  08/04/2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review , we appreciate all feedback. We are pleased you were happy with the marketing and the fact that we achieved in excess of the asking price for the property . The chain in this sale had to be repaired on several occasions and our work here was more in the background dealing with other agents and solicitors than uninvolved , though I do see how this can appear. Thank you again for your business and Winkworth wish you all the best in your new home.
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Buying agent
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth Nascimento was extremely professional and helpful from start to finish. The service she provided was exceptional she was competent and efficient.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Shaun Amner, Jordan Rhodes
    Sm1
    £192000
    Shaun AmnerJordan Rhodes

Excellent service from start with Shaun and then great negotiation by Jordan. First time I have felt that an agent has really earned their fee! Friendly staff and great communications.

24. View All Comments (1)by Shaun  07/04/2015

Hi Alistair Thanks for taking the time to submit your review - very much appreciated. We will also be forwarding 5% of our fee to Sutton & Epsom Rugby Club, in keeping with our sponsorship deal with them. Best regards Shaun
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

£570000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

All the people I dealt with at Winkworth's were brilliant. They kept in touch & informed me every step of the way, updating me with viewers feedback & comments. I had viewings almost every day & Elizabeth from the Hammersmith office found the perfect buyer very quickly. She was very proactive in her approach without being pushy (like some agents are known for).
    All in all I can say that the whole process was made very easy for me, & I would like to thank them all.

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Elly Miller
    se12
    £1200
    Elly Miller

elly miller,nice person,good behaviour,friendly person, helpful person. nice staff.i would use again winkworth just for the freindly staff.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL DONE TO EVERY ONE,SPEXIALY TO ELLY MILLER”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    No staff selected.
    SM6
    £325000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Really pleased with Winkwoth and services they have provided. The sold my property and also bought me a property. The mortgage was also arranged by them. Excellent job. well done.

28. View All Comments (1)by Shaun  07/04/2015

Hi Saeed Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - very much appreciated. I know your move wasn't going particularly well before we got involved and you had had several issues with your previous agent, so I'm pleased we managed to get things back on track as well as resolve the issue caused by your original mortgage lender. Best regards Shaun
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Cristina Peliza, Simon Waller
    £1340
    Cristina Peliza Simon Waller
    Cristina PelizaSimon Waller

In the past I have used the services of at least two london property agents, and the experience were not that nice. From the time we appointed Winkworth almost four years ago, Cristina and staff at Winkworth provided an excellent, friendly & thoroughly professional service in managing our property. This resulted in tenants being very happy!

Lately when we asked Winkworth to sell our house, a process still underway, they offered their depth of local knowledge and contacts. Simon and Russell could not have been any more professional and friendly when I approached them for their help, they are there day and night, to guide me through the whole process and help smooth out any issues that popped up. If you have any property to rent and sell, you will be amazed for the services you will receive from Winkworth!

Kanishka & Jawed

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

George Jackson-Stops
    £585000
    George  Jackson-Stops
    George Jackson-Stops

George is an efficient agent and very patient.
    He managed to help and support me during this research period, no aggressively chasing you, major difference with others agents.
    Many thanks George.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Elizabeth Nascimento

We had a great experience with Elizabeth at Winkworths, having registered with every agent in the area she was by far the most pro active and helpful sending and showing us what she had and other offices had for sale in the area we were looking, one of which we bought, having previously offered on another. She listened to what we wanted and all the flats Elizabeth showed us suited our needs, which can certainly not be said for any other agent we looked with. I think Estate Agents are about the people that work there and i would recommend Elizabeth to anyone who is looking to buy of sell in the area. She is very helpful, knowledgable, personal but professional, not pushy and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

w14
    £1200000
    Ben Hunt

the staff were professional, had a great insight into the property mrket and its dynamics. they were therfore able to offer valuable recommendations throughout the sale process.
    Ben was patient and accomodating and acted impartially I feel on behalf of the seller and buyer.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Surrey Quays (Rotherhithe) (London) (Greater London)
    Kal Choudhury
    SE
    Kal Choudhury

Karl's great really good agency very helpfull and honest always available if you have any request or need anything

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Ben Hunt, Elizabeth Nascimento
    £710000
    Ben Hunt Elizabeth Nascimento
    Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento

Throughout the process Ben and Liz were incredibly and efficient at every stage. There were a number of hurdles and it was a long process and Ben and Liz helped at every stage, advising on all the mundane issues as well as the important ones.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    97 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    No staff selected.
    SE22
    £425000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

As for most we found the process of buying our first property very stressful. It took us around a year to find a place with the housing market getting hotter the whole time. Increasing the pressure on us to make a decision and compromise on what we wanted. We made a number of offers only to go to sealed bids and have others jump in with greater sums dashing our hopes and promising more evenings traipsing the streets of London in search of a home. The estate agents we worked with varied enormously some bad, some good but throughout Dulwich Winkworth stood out. Friendly, reliable and with excellent advice and support throughout the buying process (as well as often the best properties). Happily we eventually did find the right property with Winkworth and thanks to their help in preparing for the purchase we were in a strong position meaning we avoided sealed bids and the sale went through relatively hassle free :).
    Thank you Winkworth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  37. A 5 -star review by ''

Nw10
    Aaron Priscott

Aaron went above and beyond to show us the property, coming after hours to show us in order to help us secure the property. He was very friendly, honest and professional. A pleasure all round.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 5 -star review by ''

£1560
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

This was our first agented move to rent (having previously lived with a family friend), and Winkworth in general were very helpful, suggesting appropriate and appealing properties for my and my girlfriend's search. But the real wonder was the young agent Pippa Stafford, who found us the perfect property, went beyond the call of duty to put our case to the landlady (and did so in an encouragingly personal way - that made us feel at home already!), and, what's more, stayed in constant contact with us to inform and reassure us all the way 'til the contract was signed. She is a true credit to her agency and, now that we're settled in to a place we frankly never believed we'd be able to afford, and are eternally grateful to her.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY SEEMED VERY REASONABLE IN LIGHT OF THE MONTHLY RATE THAT PIPPA MANAGED TO BROKER FOR US.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 4 -star review by ''

w6
    £1400
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

Pippa was always quick to respond and happy to ask questions of the landlord on my behalf. Moving is a very stressful process, particularly on a tight turn around and ash was supportive of this, helping to answer my numerous requests with patience and humour.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  40. A 5 -star review by ''

Jason De Sousa, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    nw10
    £1455
    Jason De Sousa no photo
    Jason De SousaTelisha Hanson-Townsend

excellent communication skill .
    great sense of knowledge of the area .
    Got it rented very very fast and at the right price .
    Highly recommended .

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE THINK THAT YES IT IS FAIR TO PAY 7% COMMISSION FOR FINDING A TENANT IN THE FIRST YEAR . NEVERTHELESS NOT SO FAIR TO CHARGE AN EXTRA 5 % FOR THE SECOND TERM .THIS SHOULD BE FREE . THIS FEE IS FOR FINDING A TENANT AND SHOULD ONLY BE PAYABLE IN THE FIRST YEAR . MANY THANKS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads

How much is my property worth?