Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 418 ratings. This website contains 415 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 14)

Page last updated on: 19-Apr-2014 23:37:58

1. 3

A 5-star review by 'Carolyn Doughty' 18/3/2014

Ahmet Hussein, Leila Asrar
    N13,

Ahmet, Leila and Nick sold a flat in N13 in August for us and a house in N21 in January. On both occasions the properties went under offer within days of being on the market. The brochures were very professional as were the photographer.

Leila took the lead on our flat sale and Ahmet on our house sale.

They managed to obtain over the asking price on one and full asking price on the other.

Both sales were difficult at times, but Ahmet and Leila took the lead in all negotiations and really shielded us as much as possible from the pressure and demands of vendors.

On both occasions the sales went through within 3 months and Ahmet and Leila could not have been more helpful, answering phone messages (although it was very rare not to be able to speak to them straight away) as soon as they came back to the office.

I cannot recommend Winkworths Palmers Green highly enough. They made 2 moves in 6 months as stressless as is possible and I will miss our daily conversations.

2. 3

A 5-star review by 'HC Britton' 6/3/2014

Leila Asrar
    N21

The manager valued the property well - and we managed to achieve the asking price after several bids. The agents were very efficient in showing a large number of people round the property and vetted the financial position of the potential buyers so that we did not have problems with them not being able to get a mortgage - this was a flying freehold which is unusual and more complex. All the staff were very helpful whenever I had to contact the office - I will certainly use them again.

3. 4

A 5-star review by 'Vas Vgm' 6/3/2014

Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein
    N13

I have used Winkworth Estate agents in palmers green for a number of years now
    To let out my property on Hazelwood lane
    Every tenant to date has been carefully selected and we have always achieved a top rental price
    Every member of staff is approachable and professional.
    From the Manager down to the receptionist.
    It makes a refreshing change to have an agent of this calibre in palmers green
    Highly recommended

4. 3

A 5-star review by 'Frances' 5/3/2014

Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein
    N21

"My Winkworth story began in early May 2013 when, after comparing them with other agents, I decided to appoint them to take on the sale of my house in Winchmore Hill.

It is of course a potentially fraught business selling a house and I had lived at my current address for 27 years so, with a deep breath, I took the plunge and trusted Ahmet, the negotiator who took me through the initial process and awaited results.

True to his assurances every step of the way, every viewing, every feedback, was effortlessly communicated to me and at no time did I feel unsupported. There were, in... (read more)

5. 4

A 5-star review by 'Annemarie Fearnley' 1/3/2014

Ahmet Hussein
    N13

I have nothing but praise for the Palmers Green branch of Winkworth. The purchase of my flat was made as painless as possible due to the helpfulness of the staff at the branch, especially Ahmet Hussain, who promptly dealt with any queries/worries I had. Even though I have now moved into my property, and am generally very happy, he is continuing to be helpful with outstanding issues I have.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gama' 16/4/2014

Russell Chilvers, Daniel Breslin
    NW2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworth achieved great prices for our properties that we were selling. Both Russell and Daniel were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and I would definitely use them again.

7. A 5-star review by 'Gama' 16/4/2014

Russell Chilvers, Daniel Breslin
    NW2

8. 1

A 4-star review by 'olaf' 15/4/2014

W9 3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworths were great, super fast efficient the flat was rented in no time at all at asking price, happy landlord, happy tenents.

9. A 5-star review by 'Danielle' 14/4/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento, Ben Hunt
    W6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would really recommend using this Winkworth office. We changed to them after being unhappy with the first agent that we went with and they were excellent. We dealt with Ben and Liz and they were both great. Liz was our primary contact and she was great all the way through the process until the sale was completed. They got lots of the right sort of viewers through the door so when we sold we were confident we had got the right price for our property. They also gave us great advice about how to best present our property. Liz managed our buyer really well which meant we were confident that the sale would go ahead (and not fall through) which was really important in the already stressful process of selling a house, especially in this market. There are a lot of agents in this part of Hammersmith and it can be hard to make a decision so if you are looking, I would really recommend them.

10. A 5-star review by 'Sharon Woodlands' 14/4/2014

SM1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My husband and myself chose to use Winkworth as our sole agents because they didn't try to sell themselves to us. Through the whole process of selling our house we were kept updated every step of the way. When Jordan came to show prospective buyers the property she dealt with them in a professional manner and was on time for the viewings and, importantly knowledgeable about the property. Would we recommend Winkworth, one word YES.

11. A 5-star review by 'Tom and Anna' 14/4/2014

Staff Member
    first name last name, first name last name
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworths responded swiftly and fully to all of our queries and requests througout the process. They understood what we were seeking both in timescales and price, and delivered an excellent service in achieving this.

12. A 5-star review by 'ELight' 13/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworth have been very professional in their approach and always updated us. They were very approachable and always felt I could approach Neil for advice. We actually had multiple offers on our property and Neil presented us with all options and provided us with the best advice that he could. Unfortunately, due to rising prices and there not being enough properties out there, we have pulled out, but Winkworth were very understanding. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them if/when we come to do it again.

13. A 5-star review by 'Tracey' 10/4/2014

Ahmet Hussein, Leila Asrar
    N14
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Don't believe all the negative reports you read and hear about estate agents! The team at Winkworth in Palmers Green is lovely! I was moving home with my elderly parents and Ahmet and Leila could not have been more helpful and supportive; at all times I felt I could approach them for assistance or advice and they were always kind and considerate. I cannot recommend them highly enough - a pleasure to do business with.

14. A 5-star review by 'Ash S' 8/4/2014

Elizabeth Nascimento, Ben Hunt
    W14
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I only have good things to say about the service Winkworth provided.

- I initially contacted Liz regarding a property on their site and once she knew what we were after she showed us a fair few nice places (the property that we have purchased is one of her recommendations, not the original flat that I enquired about)
    - as a first time buyer it was greatly appreciated that Liz was always very helpful (and patient!) with regards my constant stream of questions
    - they recommended a very good mortgage broker and helpful lawyer
    - had very quick response times
    - Winkworth were very honest throughout, great to deal with

15. 1

A 1-star review by 'Gregorio B' 6/4/2014

Sales (Prospective customer)
    W6
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

I walked into this agency as a prospective buyer about a month ago, hoping to have a quick chat with someone and leave my details to get updates on properties as they became available. They almost laughed when I told them how much I was going to spend on the house and what I hoped to get out of it. I was basically told that I couldn't get much for 500k and I was wasting my time. They begrudgingly took my details and then hurried me out the door, making it obvious they had bigger fish to fry. Needless to say, they haven't been in touch since. In the meantime, I have found exactly what I wanted in the price range available to me. Unfortunately, this belittling experience still makes me feel angry every time I think about it.

View All Comments (1)by Ben Hunt  10/04/2014

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with your experiences dealing with Winkworth Hammersmith. I’d be more than happy to discuss the matter further with you, if you could contact me directly. Ben Hunt, Sales Manager

1. A 5-star review by 'paul o'connor' 3/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Having dealt with other agents in Palmers Green/ Southgate area Winkworths were streets ahead of the others. I liken the difference to dealing with adults or children. When selling something as important as your home you really need to deal with adults not children. Their commitment to finalising the transaction involved not only negotiating the price but helping appoint professional Solicitors and arranging assistance for the buyer's move.

2. A 5-star review by 'Simon Caffrey' 2/4/2014

97 Uxbridge Road
    W12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was a tenant through Winkworth in Shepherd's Bush for 7 years and they were first class from start to finish. They negotiated rent increases with the landlord and were very supportive. The staff are dedicated, well trained and very friendly. Well done Winkworth.

View All Comments (1)by Terence  03/04/2014

Thank you Simon, It was a pleasure dealing with you over the last 5 and a half years! We wish you all the best in your new property. The Team at Winkworth
  3. A 5-star review by 'James Brown' 31/3/2014

97 Uxbridge Road
    Kelly Le Provost
    W12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Kelly took over looking after me as a new tenant and the property after her colleague was taken seriously ill. In spite of what must have been a stressful time for her, particularly with me being so difficult to contact due to my own work commitments, I believe Kelly has always done her very best to appease the stress of moving for me and act diligently on behalf of the landlord.
    She seems like a good egg : )

4. A 5-star review by 'Mrs P Meier' 31/3/2014

364 Regents Park Road
    N3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

All my dealings with the staff at this branch were favourable: they were unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. Kyri always answered queries promptly, and went out of his way to help, eg showing me the property outside the 'block' times as I was coming from a fair way away etc.

5. A 4-star review by 'Hugo Fulco' 30/3/2014

SW8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mr. Cooper was extremely helpful during our flat search in November 2013. He showed us several prospective flats and narrowed our search significantly, catering to our needs. I was impressed with his dedication and his ability in clearing up any doubts we had. We have had a fantastic stay at our 3-bedroom flat and have Chris Cooper to thank for finding us this lovely place.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ms Stamatiou' 25/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have recently sold my property through Winkworth Estate Agents in December 2013. I found the agents to be very professional, honest and caring. I was trying to sell my property through another agent for over a year. The team at Winkworth took less than a couple of weeks to find me a buyer and I would highly recommend them. I also purchased a property through them at the start of the year, which they helped to facilitate an extremely smooth and stress free transaction. Very pleased with the team.

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Helen Terry' 25/3/2014

Jason De Sousa
    NW6
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was kept fully informed by Jason at all times. He worked quickly and efficiently to find the best tenant possible for my property and achieved a good market rental. At all times he was cooperative and happy to answer any queries I had.

8. A 4-star review by 'Yury Korolev' 24/3/2014

31 Belgrave Road
    Woody Bridgeman
    SW1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I met Woody at a viewing of a flat that I found on Rightmove. The property did not really meet my expectations, but when I briefly described my needs, Woody offered me another one. He was doing his best to offer me a good flat. He was helpful and honest and also well informed about things like the Council Tax. He was very effective and fast during the negotiations.
    There was a difficulty at the stage of signing the contract as the first version of the contract that Woody sent to me was not worked out properly; apparently, he did not check the text before sending it. The numbering was totally... (read more)

9. 1

A 5-star review by 'JHunter' 21/3/2014

Jason De Sousa, Christine Boyd
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I chose Winkworth because I was impressed with their high level of professionalism combined with their good price. Their service didn't quite match what Foxtons were giving me - but the Winkworth staff far out-stripped the service of the three or four other estate agents I had approached and they weren't charging the excessive fees of Foxtons.

The team kept me updated regularly, and very important to me - were honest and I felt this was a 'good' business deal, rather than feeling I was being taken for a ride (which Foxtons left me feeling).

I would recommend the Willesden Green team.

10. 2

A 5-star review by 'Fiona Durkin' 20/3/2014

Aaron Priscott, Jason De Sousa
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both Aaron and Jason listened and understood what I was looking for in a tenant which made them stand out from other estate agents. I also found them to be the most realistic in managing my expectations and appreciated their honest approach after having been messed around by other estate agents. I will definitely use Winkworth in Willesden Green again.

1. A 5-star review by 'N Gray' 19/3/2014

16 The Polygon
    SW4
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Winkworth were great. They found a buyer for the full asking price within a day or so of the property going on the market and they were professional and courteous to deal with.

2. A 5-star review by 'Eleanor W' 18/3/2014

SE11
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris was incredibly helpful in our search for a flat. He listened to what we wanted and came up with several options when many agents had forgotten about us after the initial search. When it came to putting in an offer he was excellent in negotiating with the landlord on our behalf and got us a great deal. All in all - really good work.f

3. A 4-star review by 'Devendra Rajcoomar' 18/3/2014

SW8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My girlfriend and I needed to find a place to let within a week of moving to London from Toronto and we had searched online and met with a few other real estate agents throughout zones 1-3 with little interest in what was available. By chance we happened to enter into Winkworths' office where we met Chris. After sharing our needs with him, he took us to view a flat which met our needs. Because I had to leave soon to return to work overseas, we needed to find a place and move in before I left, so I could assist Patricia with settling in. Chris understood our situation and helped us to make an... (read more)

4. A 5-star review by 'Francois De Freitas' 18/3/2014

118 Kensington Church Street
    SE5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

In my search for an apartment, Chris understood completely my requirements in terms of accommodation style and budget. From the start of our discussions until the signature for the tenancy, Chris has always been very helpful and show extreme customer services skills
    thanks
    Francois

5. 2

A 5-star review by 'Robert Hilliard' 18/3/2014

Russell Chilvers
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

A very nice chap ,He did everything in a very caring and understanding way , He found a very nice couple for our home ,I hope and am sure all parties are very very happy

6. A 5-star review by 'Mikki' 18/3/2014

Neil Barnes, Jordan Rhodes
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

As first time buyers we were quite unsure of the process of buying a property however the wealth of experience and professionalism that the staff at Winkworths have really helped us. A massive thank you to Neil who liaised with the vendor and solicitors and communicated with us every step of the way.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  27/03/2014

Thanks Mikki , much appreciated. Buying for the first time can be a daunting process but a good agent will talk a buyer and seller through the process and how the system works , who is responsible for what and the part that everyone has to play. Our offices in Worcester Park and Cheam have now sold over 1000 properties so we have a wealth of experience and knowledge that we are keen to share with vendors and buyers alike.
  7. A 5-star review by 'Dawn' 18/3/2014

Buying agent
    Neil Barnes
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We have encountered some problems during the buying process but Neil has been very helpful and patient throughout the whole process which have resulted favourably for both parties. I strongly recommend Winkworth for the superb customer service provided.

View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  21/03/2014

Thank you Dawn . We had many problems during the course of this sale but we reached a successful conclusion for everyone . Open , honest communication was key and I thank you for your calm and considered approach to the issues we discussed and resolved . I am sure you will love living in your new home.
  8. A 5-star review by 'Jonny Hooley' 17/3/2014

SW9
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Whilst looking for a temporary apartment whilst my own is undergoing renovation , a friend found one and Chris was going to be the agent . From the start he was relaxed , chatty , and went into all the details I needed . After a few more viewings , he was able to sit down with me and go through budget breakdowns and I never once felt patronized or that he was on auto agent mode , I didn't feel I was being pushy if I called him , I wasn't an imposition .
    Putting the holding deposit down I felt I had received great service .

9. A 3-star review by 'David Wales' 17/3/2014

45-47 Station Way
    Shaun Amner, Susie
    SM3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The engagement process at Winkworth at Cheam was very straightforward. We found the partner, Shaun to be personable and understanding of our situation and not a 'sterotypical salesman'.

We had plenty of viewings but on a couple of occasions things were not left as they should
    , ie. blind left up at front of house, mud trodden across kitchen floor and mat (which had to be washed!), power shower turned on and water splashed. On one occasion the back door was left unlocked for a short time before the agent realised and returned to lock it (she rang to let me know).

The arrangements and viewings were conducted by Susie who we found to be rather 'quick' on the telephone and not very personable.

View All Comments (1)by Shaun  21/03/2014

Hi David Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we really do appreciate all feedback. I'm sorry that on some occasions things weren't left as they should have been as our policy is always to "leave as we find". I'm also sorry to hear that some mud had been trodden into your property. Unfortunately these things are hard to legislate for, especially when people are viewing the garden during the winter months. As you know, it wasn't always easy keeping your sale together for such an extended period whilst you searched for a suitable property to buy and we all worked hard to replace your initial buyer after the chain eventually collapsed due to the time involved. We were all disappointed for you when you eventually decided to withdraw from the market altogether but would be very happy to represent you again should you decide to sell at some point in the future.