Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 662 ratings. This website contains 659 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• 51 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 28-Feb-2015 17:40:58

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 23)

1. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Michael Connaughton
    W120
    £500000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Lewis Wiles,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

Kelly Le Provost
    £1845
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

6. A 5-star review by ''

w129
    £915000
    Russell Chilvers

Russell has been incredibly helpful during our purchase. He wasn't at all the pushy sales agent (so rare to be found nowadays in London...) and this put us completely at ease. We knew he was there because he wanted to help, not because he wanted to sell that particularly house. We felt he had our best interest at heart.
    Result? We bought the first house he showed us and at every viewing we had all the time of the world for us, no rush.
    Great experience

Anthony Whelan, Carly Smith
    No postcode selected.
    Anthony WhelanCarly Smith

I purchased a flat through Anthony so did not pay him a fee, yet I still felt him to be unbiased.

Throughout what was a rocky process - I purchased from a separated couple, and would receive one message through informal channels (him), and quite another through their solicitor (her) – Anthony was a centre of calm, something I truly appreciated at the time.

He managed his personal diary very well, always made time on the critical dates, and never left a call unanswered for more than an hour. When the vendor’s Solicitor disappeared for two months unannounced, he kept the channels... (read more)

8. A 5-star review by ''

£463000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

We bought our property through Elizabeth at Winkworths a couple of years ago and were so impressed with the service that we decided to sell through them too. She was always constantly on-hand to answer questions (I had a lot of them!), chase solicitors and kept us up to date regularly. I would 100% recommend using Winkworths, and Elizabeth in particular, for any house sale or purchase and she took the stress out of a very stressful time.

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott
    Nw8
    £1560
    Aaron Priscott

The first thing to note about the service I recieved is the regular updates. I have never had this before and it is absoulutly brilliant that Aaron would ring pretty much every day just to let me know what was going on. I really appreciated that he would call even though sometimes there wasn't much to tell me. It put my mind at rest and made me feel like I was dealing with a proffesional that actually cares about what he does for work.
    I also really liked that he would tell me exactly what was holding up the process e.g gas check, rather than just saying 'it's been held up'.
    Aaron was friendly, polite and very attentive throughout the whole process of getting into my flat and because of this I would happily reccomend winkworth to anyone.
    Jake Phythian
    98 Bathurst gardens

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Nw8
    £1560
    Christine Boyd

Christine was great throughout the whole process. She is very polite and helpful and made things very clear. She kept me up to date with anything I needed to do and was very understanding when there was a problem with my accountant. I am very happy with the service I received from Christine and because of this I would reccomend winkworth to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Neil Barnes, Sarah Lee
    £210000
    Neil BarnesSarah Lee

Winkworth Worcester Park/Cheam were able to find a buyer within a couple of weeks of the property going live. The advert was very well presented, had all the correct relevant information, and had some fantastic professional photos which they posted on several property search engines.

I dealt with three people Kirstie Barber, Sarah Lee and the manager Neil Barnes. All of them were very professional and although initially I thought that things were progressing slow with the sale, it soon became apparent that the agents were not at fault.

I mostly dealt with Kirstie Barber throughout the process of the sale, and she was very helpful. Whenever I called to get an update, a certain request or a general enquiry she was able to answer it. If she didn't know they answer straight away she would get back to me a few hours later, which I was pleased about.

Overall, I was very happy with the service provided by Neil Barnes and his team at Winkworth in Worcester Park/Cheam.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE RELATED TO THE SALE OF THE PROPERTY WAS COMPETITIVE, AND FELL IN LINE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENTS FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5-star review by ''

Neil Barnes
    Neil Barnes

We recently used Winkworth to sell our property and was so pleased with their handling of the matter. Neil Barnes and the Worcester office were highly professional and went above and beyond to make sure the whole process went smoothly. Neil is very knowledgeable about the market and was so responsive and accommodating of every need. He took care of everything from start to finish and we could not have asked for a better agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    N13
    £995000
    Nick Charalambous

We would like to thank the whole team for helping us through the sale of our property. Nick Charalambous was so accurate in valuing our property and marketing it at the right level to attract buyers. We sold our property very quickly and accepted an offer bang on Nicks estimate. He knows the local market and you can confidently accept his advice. Leila in particular has been a great support and has been a key contact for us and our solicitor in moving things along. She has been able to maintain a cool head and remain professional and friendly through out.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Elizabeth Nascimento, Ben Hunt
    w14
    £500000
    Elizabeth Nascimento Ben Hunt
    Elizabeth NascimentoBen Hunt

This has been the second time we had the opportunity to work with Elizabeth, first time we ended up buying elsewhere and this time through her. She has always been very helpful and it is expecially refreshing to deal with her as she is straght talking and dedicates you much more time than several other agents. Sometime people are not sure where they want to buy and get fixated in one place, in more than one occasion she spent time introducing us to new areas which is the added value you seek. Would definitvely get her involved the next time i need to make a purchase

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5-star review by ''

Anthony Whelan, Chris Lang
    No postcode selected.
    Anthony WhelanChris Lang

Winkworths are well worth their fee. Anthony Whelan, their property consultant, and Chris Lang, in particular, are extremely professional and very hard working. We had a difficult process of moving, but Anthony was helpful and proactive throughout. He ensured that the move went through and with the minimum of fuss from their part. I would highly recommend Winkworths and working with Anthony.

1. A 5-star review by ''

Russell Chilvers

From start to finish, Russell was absolutely brilliant. As first time buyers there were so many questions that needed to be asked and worries to be address, but Russell guided us throughout the process and put to bed any worries we had. I would happily deal with him and Winkworth again.

2. A 5-star review by ''

£420000
    Anthony Whelan

I sold my 2 bedroom flat through Winkworth and I found the whole process a pleasure. Anthony Whelan and the whole team were extremely helpful after the frustration of losing losing this sale with another agent, I opted for Winkworth and I cannot faultier them instead I admire the work they did to sell my flat. I will be using Winkworth to conduct all my future property affairs.

10 out of 10 for customer service and overall experience.

(Sorry for the late review)

Regards,
    Nas

3. A 5-star review by ''

£420000
    Anthony Whelan

10 out of 10 for customer service and overall experience.

(Sorry for the late review)

Regards,
    Nas

4. 1

Branch:
    Unit 2 Bridge House, Chamberlayne Road (Kensal Rise) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    NW10
    £1343
    Aaron Priscott no photo
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

I expressed interest in one of the flats Winkworth advertised on Zoopla. Aaron contacted me promptly to discuss my requirements in more detail. That flat was no longer available but Aaron suggested another flat that had recently come on the market and organised a viewing for me. He was very professional and pleasant to deal with. The entire process from registering interest to signing the contract was hassle free and both Telisha and Aaron were really helpful. I would recommend Winkworth to anyone looking for new accommodation, best service by far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE WAS THE LOWEST I HAVE COME ACROSS IN LONDON £125, I THINK THIS IS A REASONABLE FEE,”

5. A 4-star review by ''

Anthony Whelan

I brought a property recently through Winkworth Chislehurst and Anthony Whelan was dealing with it.
    Anthony is very professional and polite gentleman. He chased up things on both sides without any delays and made sure the process went smoothly. My thanks to him and his team for making it happen on schedule.

6. A 4-star review by ''

£1650
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

Agent v helpful in arranging viewings and then sorting out actual letting. Again helpful when coming to move in.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK WINKWORTH FEES ARE ON THE HIGH SIDE AND THE DEPOSIT VERY LARGE. ON THE OTHER HAND WHOLE PROCESS WORKED SMOOTHLY.”

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Shaun Amner, Chloe Carpenter
    SM3
    £390000
    Shaun AmnerChloe Carpenter

Recently sold my late mothers property through Winkworths in Cheam Village. From the beginning they offered a very efficient service with competitive price. Sale went through smoothly which was much appreciated given the nature of the sale. I would definitely recommend them.

“VERY COMPETITIVE”

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Shaun  06/02/2015

Hi Dawn Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. Much appreciated. I know you'd had numerous problems with the first agent you instructed so I'm very pleased that once we were instructed, we managed to find you a buyer quickly and progress everything through to exchange of contracts. If we can ever be of any further help in the future, just let me know. Best regards Shaun
  8. A 4-star review by ''

Neil Barnes, Sarah Lee
    £495000
    Neil BarnesSarah Lee

This was an executor sale. Due diligence was paid to this fact at the outset. The original presentation from Neil was informative without being overly focused on securing the business. After awarding the sale, the back up from Neil and his team was always supportive and courteously executed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THIS WAS CONSIDERED IMPORTANT, IT WAS NOT SEEN AS A DEAL CLINCHER WHEN MAKING THE DECISION TO APPOINT AN AGENT.”

No staff selected.
    kt4
    £314000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This was the first time I had to sell a property, and as it was due to a berevement, was very pleased that I choose Winkworths as they handled the sale brilliantly

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Chloe Carpenter
    £495000
    Chloe Carpenter

Very proactive in sourcing and sending prospective clients. Prompt and on time for viewings and communication was very good. Excellent service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“CONSIDER THE FEES TO BE TOO MUCH £2,500 TO £3,000 WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENT.”

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Shaun  18/02/2015

Dear Mr Kern Thanks for taking the time to post your review – I’m very pleased to hear you were happy with our service. I note your comment relating to our fees but, unfortunately, it just wouldn’t be possible to provide the same level of service whilst offering low fees. Typically, low fee estate agents lack the resources to provide a proactive sales approach along with effective sales management which often results in a lower selling price being achieved along with a higher level of sales falling through. I trust you and your family are enjoying your new home and if we can be of any help in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best regards Shaun

1. 1

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein
    N13
    £272500
    Leila AsrarAhmet Hussein

The service was professional and friendly. Leila, Ahmet and John were hard working on our behalf. The property was difficult to sell, being a flat above shops, and the first offer fell through because of mortgage difficulties, but they kept their efforts up and brought in more viewers. The price was slightly lower than the original asking price, but still higher than we were originally expecting.

In short: they did a difficult job without fuss and with a lot of perseverance. Highly recommended.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO PROBLEMS WITH FEE LEVEL.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

w12
    £685000
    Russell Chilvers

Russell was very helpful and played a key role in getting the purchase managed as simply as possible. He was flexible to our needs and questions, always available, and played a key role in negotiating some issued with the seller that secured the outcome. This is the second property i have bought in the last 18 months, the other through KFH, and i would certainly use Winkworths again on the basis on dealing with Russell.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Pippa Stafford, James Fraser
    £1350
    Pippa   Stafford James Fraser
    Pippa StaffordJames Fraser

2nd time they've secured tenants for me, excellent first tenants, quick and professional handling. Takes the stress away from me. I won't use anyone else.

4. A 5-star review by ''

£1800
    Joanna Hewitt

We have been impressed with Winkworths from start to finish. Initially we dealt with James when finding our property to rent. He was down to earth, friendly and refreshingly honest. He was also extremely helpful with any queries we had.
    During our tenancy Jo looked after us. She has always been very quick to respond to any queries, and again has been a pleasure to deal with.
    We would definitely use Winkworths again.

5. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    299 Kennington Road (Kennington) (London) (Greater London)
    SW9
    £830
    Chris Cooper

Chris was extremely efficient at getting our viewing set up and subsequently organising the paperwork so that we could move in asap. Out of all the estate agents I engaged with over a 30 day period, Chris was by far the most professional and helpful.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE CAME IN AT ASKING PRICE DURING A VERY POPULAR TIME OF THE YEAR AND CHRIS WAS ABLE TO SECURE THE PROPERTY AT THAT PRICE FOR US VERY QUICKLY.”

6. A 5-star review by ''

£355000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Liz has been a pleasure to deal with: proactive, friendly and professional and she managed to find us the right buyer in just a week. Overall I could not fault her and would have no hesitation in using Liz and Winkworth again - highly recommended.

Branch:
    42 High Street (Weybridge) (Surrey)
    Michael Pocock, Sam Taylor
    KT13
    £319000
    Michael PocockSam Taylor

I choose Winkworth because I had had a good experience as a buyer when using their Putney office. From the start, the Weybridge team provided a clear and accurate assessment of current market conditions and worked with me in setting a realistic marketing price. A large number of viewings ensued and after little more than a week I received an asking price cash offer. The follow-up attention to detail from Sam Taylor was strong, with regular updates informing me of the buyers progress and that of their solicitor. With only a few glitches, the process came to a swift and pleasing conclusion and i was delighted with all aspects of the service I received from Winkworths Weybridge.

8. A 5-star review by ''

£700
    Pippa   Stafford
    Pippa Stafford

Pippa has enabled us to find two flats within the W14 area, both of which are excellent and were perfectly suited to our needs. She is punctual, hugely helpful, and always has the right information. Our previous landlord decided to sell the flat we were originally living in when we moved to W14, and Pippa helped to find a new place quickly and efficiently, and also mediated a change in the tenancy dates for both properties to enable a smooth transition.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CHECKOUT FEE SEEMED VERY EXPENSIVE BUT I UNDERSTAND THIS MAY HAVE BEEN INDEPENDENT OF WINKWORTH (I.E. THE COMPANY USED WAS THE LANDLORDS\' CHOICE).”

W6
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Winkworth used their list of buyers well to line up viewings and pull people through the door as soon as the property went live with them. Within one week of marketing I had 3 offers and a sealed bid, which helped achieve a sale price over asking price.

Lewis Wiles, Nicholas Robinson
    W3 7
    £55000
    Lewis Wiles Nicholas Robinson
    Lewis WilesNicholas Robinson

Lewis Wiles of Winkworth Shepherds Bush Branch handled our purchase with great care and consideration,
    he endevoured to provide the answer to .any question swiftly
    .We would advise any friend looking to use an estate agent in W12 to talk to Winkworth first.