Winkworth Estate Agents

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 713 ratings. This website contains 710 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

• Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Overall Customer Rating

4.58 out of 5.00

• 657 recommend
  • 56 disapprove

How much is my property worth?

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

At Winkworth we love what we do and we pride ourselves on matching the right people with the right homes. We take the time to see the little things that other agents miss - the things that make a home or a search unique. We're local experts too, ensuring that you get the best advice on the area you're looking in, as well as comprehensive knowledge on the property market. From our 100 offices across the UK and overseas, including more offices in London than any other agency, we're able to ensure we get your home in front of the right people. And with the support of our Mayfair based Country House, China Desk, International and Marketing team, we're able to provide an unparalleled service whether you're looking to buy, sell, let or rent.

Page last updated on: 30-May-2015 12:34:28

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 24)

1. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

W120
    £500000
    Michael Connaughton

Our relationship with Mike goes back a good 6-7 years as he sold us the property in the first place way back when. In all of our dealings with other agents at that point Mike stood out from the pack and as such we always promised we'd call him when it came time to sell.

In the timeframe leading up to the sale I called Mike on a number of occasions and nothing was too much trouble for him. We really appreciated his honesty and insight and it was down to him that we got the ball rolling and for that we're very grateful.

If I was still in the market to buy or sell a property, I'd call Mike first.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson

I recently used Nick Robinson to sell my property in Shepherds Bush. I was thoroughly impressed from the beginning of the process to the exchange with the professional manner in which Nick conducted himself. Living abroad and selling a property is a difficult process which was made easier by the proactive way in which Nick approached the sale. I was kept abreast of developmemnts and he was excellent at communicating the process to me as the time difference was very limiting. I would definitely reccomend Nick and Winkworths for any prospective customers who are looking to sell or buy a property- very impressed!

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Lewis Wiles

The entire team at Winkworth Shepherd's Bush were really helpful from the start, but special mention must go to Lewis and Simon for their help in selling our property. From the initial valuation which was realistic rather than inflated like some other agents we knew we were in good hands. A good rapport was built up and any viewings were always communicated to us well in advance. Even our dog liked them! When it came down to the bidding everything panned out like Simon said it would, and with a little bit of patience we achieved our asking price which was a great result and we have Winkworth to thank for this.

4. FEATURED REVIEW

Nicholas Robinson

We had a very good experience buying through Winkworth.

Nick was very efficient at handling the communications with the vendor. He was also very honest about how things would work and what the key issues really were. He also very kindly showed us some other very similar properties so we could gather ideas about how we might develop our property in the future.

Simon was very astute at understanding our needs and desires. He successfully guided us to just the right house. His experience and deep knowledge of the local market was very apparent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

£1845
    Kelly Le Provost

Since moving into the property earlier this year I have had many interactions with Kelly and on each occasion I can not fault her. She has always replied to any contact immediately and gone above and beyond to resolve any issues my house mates or I have had. I think it is vital in an service industry to not only resolve matters but do so in way which has a personal touch and leaves a long standing positive image of the company. Kelly has excelled at this and on behalf of myself and house mates we could have not asked for a better representative from your company to be our point of contact.

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Ben Hunt, Elizabeth Nascimento
    W6
    £675000
    Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento
    Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento

I have just sold my Hammersmith property via Winkworth and rate them very highly. The sales team are friendly and knowledgable; they have a broad experience and understanding of the immediate area, having been based here for a number of years. I feel this is important for the vendor, knowing that the team are giving the most accurate appraisal of the property and also for being able to impart their local knowledge to prospective buyers. There are many agents who are new to the area, who try to win business by offering lower rates or over-inflating asking prices but I have watched the market... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

W6 7
    £480000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth was extremely helpful during this complicated sale (due to short lease) but was constantly chasing my solicitor and the buyers solicitor to keep things moving. It was also the small things like going to the flat when I was not there to help with a delivery that added that extra level of support. I am sure her friendly demeanour was a huge part of selling the property and getting it exchanged.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Midge Breed, Joanne McGarrigle
    SE10
    £2400
    Midge BreedJoanne McGarrigle

I have had my property let and managed by Winkworth over the last three years whilst I have been abroad and have always had a positive and efficient exchange with all of the staff I have dealt with. Over the years, I have promptly been informed when the tenants had any issues, and Midge and Joanne have consistently resolved them quickly after providing me with the options and informing me of any associated costs. I would not hesitate to recommend this branch to a friend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£900000
    Russell Chilvers

Russell provided very good - and unusually impartial - advice to me as a buyer while clearly representing the seller's interests in a fair and open way. He made commitments that he kept. He was very organised and ensured that the transaction kept moving by hurrying along the solicitors on both sides. On completion, he personally arranged for the property to be cleaned and when the cleaners did not complete the job, he went back and sorted it out. I recommend him highly as an ethical, conscientious and intelligent professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Michael Connaughton, Terence Thorogood
    £1750
    Michael ConnaughtonTerence Thorogood
    Michael ConnaughtonTerence Thorogood

I cannot recommend the Winkworth (Shepherds Bush) Lettings team highly enough. Michael Connaughton and all of the team, were professional, polite, diligent and unbelievably efficient. The photos were taken, the details were posted on the web and a dozen or so viewings were arranged in a matter of days. More importantly the apartment was let within a week of engaging Winkworth. Property Manangement did a great job too following up, they offered to arrange the gas inspection, the clean, the paperwork etc and was available for any queries. Overall an excellent experience with everyone on the team being a complete joy to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY UPFRONT AND REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

nw10
    £1850
    Aaron Priscott

Aaron was extremely helpful right from the get go. He quickly grasped exactly what we wanted and was on hand every step of the way. We felt he went above and beyond to make sure we got the property that we wanted

12. 1

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Ahmet Hussein
    N13
    £300000
    Ahmet Hussein

Ahmet gave good advice on setting the price of the property and then did a great job of marketing the property to bring in prospective buyers and negotiating the best price. The sale was drawn out due to issues over the freehold extension and Ahmet was instrumental in keeping the buyer onside through the process to bring it to a successful conclusion. We were very pleased with the overall experience

Comments on the Agents fees

“MARKET PRICE FOR SOLE AGENCY IN THE AREA”

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Market price for sole agency in the area”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

nw10
    £2000
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

An excellent service all round, quick and concise. The company Very good from paperwork to the delivery of keys to the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Aaron Priscott, Jason De Sousa
    £1
    Aaron PriscottJason De Sousa
    Aaron PriscottJason De Sousa

Aaron and Jason were both consistently very helpful, efficient, friendly, and always prompt in their responses to us and dealings with our matters. Out of the three estate agents we hired to let out the property, they were by far the most helpful. Aaron always made a point of coming to viewings a bit earlier to make the flat look nice before the applicants arrived, and also staying back after they left to personally give me feedback (I live in the flat above), as well as helpful suggestions on how to improve the flat. He also really made an effort to find us the right kind of people, and to... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£1950
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron managed to let out property within one week of marketing the property at the price we 'ear-marked' as being acceptable. Throughout the process he as well as Telisha kept us up-to-date on all happenings. The process was very smooth and 'enjoyable'. Winkworth proved themselves as being very professional, friendly and efficient.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

No staff selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Great agents to work with when buying a house in London. Very professional and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking in this area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

NW6
    £2235000
    Finlay Cook

We gave the highest score to Finlay Cook of Winkworth based on our experience having dealt with almost all of estate agents in London as we . Finlay is without doubt the most communicative and responsive person we have come across during our property search. He was always contactable during or even out of hours. He is knowledgeable of the market trend especially within his area. Unlike a lot of other estate agents who would normally focus on new clients, Finlay followed up on the transaction closely and given us updates when our offered was accepted until the day of completion. We believe communications is a very important factor in property search. Besides being professional and a joy to deal with Finlay has been a champion of communications!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 High Street (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan, Chris Lang
    BR1
    £840000
    no photoChris Lang
    Anthony WhelanChris Lang

I remember my very first impression of Anthony was that he was extremely friendly and courteous. He developed an instant rapport with us which was the reason we put our faith in him. And after settling on our current house, he spared no effort to make ends meet and finalize the deal. It was a long journey but he was very patient and calm throughout. I can not commend him any further for both his professional and personal qualities. Indeed, a stellar agent.AHM

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 High Street (Chislehurst) (Kent)
    Anthony Whelan
    BR7
    Anthony Whelan

Extremely helpful throughout

Winkworth/ Anthony Whelan was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. As usual, with all sales/purchases things don't always go to plan, but Anthony was always there to help with any hic-ups that occurred. Always keeping in contact and updating us with any news.

Overall a wonderful service!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

alison lightfoot, hermione fiebig
    SE12
    £1100
    alison lightfoothermione fiebig

It was pleasant and reassuring dealing with Alison, she was extremely patient (both with us and prospective tenants) and always positive. I think the people we have dealt with at Winkworth's over the past few weeks are all exceptionally hard-working, and set an example, and I give them full praise.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 4 -star review by ''

Fin Cook, Yanick Lumsden
    £499995
    Fin CookYanick Lumsden
    Fin CookYanick Lumsden

Great communication and service throughout the buying process. Finlay was enthusiastic, helpful and consistently available for consultation. He was supported by a solid team who were able to pick up when he was unavailable. Yanick in particular. I was satisfied enough to use Winkworth to manage the subsequent rental of the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

£1
    Finlay Cook

Finlay was amazing. Literally pushed through the most ridiculously tricky deal with a very long chain. We got there in the end, of which Finlay played a big part. He was very personable, always answered the phone and easy to get on with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron and Telisha were really helpful, professional at all times but very approachable and efficient.
    They made the process very easy and manageable.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Midge Breed
    SE13
    £910
    Midge Breed

I have been a tenant with Winkworth for a little over a year and I have always been exceptionally pleased with the speed at which they resolve any issues that arise within the property. Recently we had an issue with our washing machine, but it was sorted and replaced within a matter of days. As a tenant I feel very supported and I would recommend renting with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

£1222
    Cristina Peliza

Cristina was a great Property Manager; always very easy to talk to and prompt in responding to all queries (minor and major). Winkworth are easily the best letting/estate agents I've ever rented with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. How much is my property worth?

28. 1

Aaron Priscott, Christine Boyd
    NW6
    £495
    Aaron PriscottChristine Boyd
    Aaron PriscottChristine Boyd

Aaron was absolutely fantastic. efficient, helpful and not at all pushy. I would highly recommend using him and will do so in the future should we chose to move. He listened to what we wanted and sent us only relevant properties to view.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    35 High Street (Barnet) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Adam Theobald
    EN5
    Adam Theobald

I left the same review on Youtube Winkworth channel;

WHY BOTHER LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY WITH WINKWORTH?

Adam Theobald - Barnet office, North London, told us on Saturday 4th April 2015 (the below property I enclosed the link) had an open day of viewing at Saturday 11th April 2015. This morning he calls me and he says, the property has been sold. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, got my commission, CONTINUE wasting time on looking for a house in London.

My partner and I are absolutely discussed with this absolute shocking behaviour of an international company Winkworth.

Firstly, I decided to... (read more)

Report Abuse 1 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    £2
    Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

They gave a great service from the very beginning, starting with a fair and realistic estimate of what I would get for the property. They did not offer the highest income for my house- instead they gave a realistic view of what they expected to get. When I asked to put it in at a higher price, they agreed to try, but it ended up going for the price they initially predicted. They were very helpful with regards to preparing the property to the correct standards and also with how to best deal with tricky tenants should this become a problem. They have been totally above board, trustworthy, straight down the line, adaptable and friendly. I would highly recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE FEES- THEY WERE ROUGHLY THE SAME FEES AS ALL THE LOCAL AGENTS IN THE AREA AND IN SOME INSTANCES THEY WERE MORE REASONABLE THAN THE LOCAL AGENTS, WHICH WAS SURPRISING.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Stella Malinova, Pippa Stafford
    W6 7
    £1517
    Stella Malinovano photo
    Stella MalinovaPippa Stafford

Many thanks to Pippa and Stella for managing our new flat in Sheperd's Bush - what a pleasure to work with professional agents who truly care for tenants!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

£1250
    Janine Coleman

Janine was of great help when looking for a property. She was extremely efficient, straight to the point and was very honest. She was careful in showing us only properties that fall under most if not all our categories instead of showing us properties that from the beginning we knew we would not like.

We had absolutely no trouble with her and had a very easy move thanks to Janine and her team. She was so great that we also made sure to find our next property with them too.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 3 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Brabham Court, Central Road (Worcester Park) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes, Sarah Lee
    KT4
    £485000
    Neil BarnesSarah Lee

Agent promoted house well with great photographs. Good footfall and achieved good offers. Unfortunately, when we had problems with the chain, the manager became incommunicado and wouldn't return calls. Luckily we got past the problem and they picked up the ball, Sarah being very proactive and helpful in the final stages of the process.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES REPRESENT A BIG CHUNK OF THE BUDGET WHEN YOU MOVE HOUSE AND WE DIDN'T FEEL WINKWORTH EARNED IT ON THIS OCCASION. THERE PRESENCE IS GOOD AND THEY ATTRACTED PEOPLE TO THE PROPERTY. HOWEVER, NO OFFERS WERE MADE WHEN THEY SHOWED PEOPLE AROUND ON THE OPEN DAY WHEREAS TWO OFFERS WERE MADE THE DAY WE SHOWED PROSPECTIVE BUYERS AROUND. ALSO, AS MENTIONED ABOVE, THEY WERE PASSIVE AND UNINVOLVED WHEN THERE WERE ISSUES, LEAVING IT TO US AND THE OTHER AGENTS IN THE CHAIN TO SORT THINGS OUT. THIS CHANGED WHEN SARAH JOINED THE PROCESS THOUGH AND THE REVIEW WOULD HAVE BEEN POSITIVE IF WE HAD BEEN SHOWN THE ATTENTION SHE GAVE US THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS.”

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“The fees represent a big chunk of the budget when you move house and we didn't feel Winkworth earned it on this occasion. There presence is good and they attracted people to the property. However, no offers were made when they showed people around on the open day whereas two offers were made the day we showed prospective buyers around. Also, as mentioned above, they were passive and uninvolved when there were issues, leaving it to us and the other agents in the chain to sort things out. This changed when Sarah joined the process though and the review would have been positive if we had been shown the attention she gave us throughout the process.”

34. View All Comments (1)by Neil  08/04/2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review , we appreciate all feedback. We are pleased you were happy with the marketing and the fact that we achieved in excess of the asking price for the property . The chain in this sale had to be repaired on several occasions and our work here was more in the background dealing with other agents and solicitors than uninvolved , though I do see how this can appear. Thank you again for your business and Winkworth wish you all the best in your new home.
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Shaun Amner, Jordan Rhodes
    Sm1
    £192000
    Shaun AmnerJordan Rhodes

Excellent service from start with Shaun and then great negotiation by Jordan. First time I have felt that an agent has really earned their fee! Friendly staff and great communications.

36. View All Comments (1)by Shaun  07/04/2015

Hi Alistair Thanks for taking the time to submit your review - very much appreciated. We will also be forwarding 5% of our fee to Sutton & Epsom Rugby Club, in keeping with our sponsorship deal with them. Best regards Shaun
  37. A 5 -star review by ''

Buying agent
    W14
    Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth Nascimento was extremely professional and helpful from start to finish. The service she provided was exceptional she was competent and efficient.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  38. A 5 -star review by ''

£570000
    Elizabeth Nascimento

All the people I dealt with at Winkworth's were brilliant. They kept in touch & informed me every step of the way, updating me with viewers feedback & comments. I had viewings almost every day & Elizabeth from the Hammersmith office found the perfect buyer very quickly. She was very proactive in her approach without being pushy (like some agents are known for).
    All in all I can say that the whole process was made very easy for me, & I would like to thank them all.

“VERY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  39. A 5 -star review by ''

Elly Miller
    se12
    £1200
    Elly Miller

elly miller,nice person,good behaviour,friendly person, helpful person. nice staff.i would use again winkworth just for the freindly staff.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL DONE TO EVERY ONE,SPEXIALY TO ELLY MILLER”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads

How much is my property worth?