Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 491 ratings. This website contains 488 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 17)

Page last updated on: 02-Sep-2014 14:01:47

1. 7

A 5-star review by 'Carolyn Doughty' 18/3/2014

Ahmet Hussein, Leila Asrar
    N13,
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ahmet, Leila and Nick sold a flat in N13 in August for us and a house in N21 in January. On both occasions the properties went under offer within days of being on the market. The brochures were very professional as were the photographer.

Leila took the lead on our flat sale and Ahmet on our house sale.

They managed to obtain over the asking price on one and full asking price on the other.

Both sales were difficult at times, but Ahmet and Leila took the lead in all negotiations and really shielded us as much as possible from the pressure and demands of vendors.

On both occasions the sales went through within 3 months and Ahmet and Leila could not have been more helpful, answering phone messages (although it was very rare not to be able to speak to them straight away) as soon as they came back to the office.

I cannot recommend Winkworths Palmers Green highly enough. They made 2 moves in 6 months as stressless as is possible and I will miss our daily conversations.

2. 7

A 5-star review by 'HC Britton' 6/3/2014

Leila Asrar
    N21
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The manager valued the property well - and we managed to achieve the asking price after several bids. The agents were very efficient in showing a large number of people round the property and vetted the financial position of the potential buyers so that we did not have problems with them not being able to get a mortgage - this was a flying freehold which is unusual and more complex. All the staff were very helpful whenever I had to contact the office - I will certainly use them again.

3. 8

A 5-star review by 'Vas Vgm' 6/3/2014

Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have used Winkworth Estate agents in palmers green for a number of years now
    To let out my property on Hazelwood lane
    Every tenant to date has been carefully selected and we have always achieved a top rental price
    Every member of staff is approachable and professional.
    From the Manager down to the receptionist.
    It makes a refreshing change to have an agent of this calibre in palmers green
    Highly recommended

4. 6

A 5-star review by 'Frances' 5/3/2014

Leila Asrar, Ahmet Hussein
    N21
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

"My Winkworth story began in early May 2013 when, after comparing them with other agents, I decided to appoint them to take on the sale of my house in Winchmore Hill.

It is of course a potentially fraught business selling a house and I had lived at my current address for 27 years so, with a deep breath, I took the plunge and trusted Ahmet, the negotiator who took me through the initial process and awaited results.

True to his assurances every step of the way, every viewing, every feedback, was effortlessly communicated to me and at no time did I feel unsupported. There were, in... (read more)

5. 8

A 5-star review by 'Annemarie Fearnley' 1/3/2014

Ahmet Hussein
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have nothing but praise for the Palmers Green branch of Winkworth. The purchase of my flat was made as painless as possible due to the helpfulness of the staff at the branch, especially Ahmet Hussain, who promptly dealt with any queries/worries I had. Even though I have now moved into my property, and am generally very happy, he is continuing to be helpful with outstanding issues I have.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Gemma' 1/9/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    £1906

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

From start to finish Winkworth were a dream to deal with, Aaron contacted me the morning after I searched online and set up viewings that day showing us a few in the area, he was engaging and well informed, we found with a lot of agents they just stood there, making us feel like because we are tenants we didn't matter to their business, this wasn't the case with Aaron. He even skipped his dinner to show us the property for a second time! The whole process was seamless, when passed to Telisha she was ever present and her communication was great we didn't have to chase her down or keep calling asking for status updates, she made sure we had those as and when she did!
    When we went to pick up the keys in Kensal Rise they weren't available but the guys there got on to it straight away and we had them within the hour.

Thank you to the entire team, our house hunt was a nightmare so you have restored our faith!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FOUND THEM TO BE MORE THAN FAIR FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINT I HAVE IT THAT THE KEYS WEREN\'T AVAILABLE AND HAVING DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT EVERYWHERE ELSE IT JUST SEEMED LIKE THE LAST DETAIL WASN\'T LOOKED AFTER. THIS WAS HOWEVER RECTIFIED AS SOON AS THEY COULD.”

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'Charlie' 1/9/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    £1250

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

Aaron was great from the start. His knowledge and advice of the renting market in the area was invaluable. He was friendly and was very clear about all the costs involved and the process moving forward. He answered every question we asked and made a concerted effort to make time for us . Was very happy happy with the service provided an excellent advocate of Winkworth.

Telisha was also great handling a very difficult and quick move in date. She worked quickly to assure all our points and concerns were addressed prior to the move in date.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT FEE\'S WERE REALLY GOOD VALUE. THE TRANSPARENCY WINKWORTH PROVIDE IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. I WILL BE RECOMMENDING WINKWORTH TO ANY FRIENDS HOUSE HUNTING.”

8. A 4-star review by 'RP' 31/8/2014

jason de sousa
    £1050

jason de sousa

Jason actively sought out numerous possible tenants for my flat at a difficult time (Christmas 2013) and the tenants who have now been in the flat so far have been good with no issues so far. He called me with regular updates as and when they were necessary. All in all a good, professional service.

9. A 5-star review by 'Simon Rogers' 31/8/2014

Tormod Smith
    £399950

Tormod Smith

The team at Winkworth were all extremely professional and dedicated to letting our property and then eventually selling it. I can highly recommend them to anyone who requires either of these services. Five stars guys!!!!!

10. 2

A 5-star review by 'Michael Bentley' 29/8/2014

£1600

Aaron Priscott

Both my wife and I found Aaron to be extremely helpful in our recent search for a rented property. He is a great ambassador for Winkworth, and has a good knowledge of the local area.

Aaron provided a list of properties that were exactly what we were looking for and he managed the process from our initial interest to completion swiftly and efficiently.

I would highly recommend Aaron and Winkworth to anyone looking for properties in the area.

11. A 5-star review by 'Amanda Turner' 29/8/2014

Jaspreet Dabb, jason de sousa
    £1900

Jaspreet Dabbjason de sousa

I have used Winkworths Willesden Green office on two occasions to rent my property local to this office. Both Jas and Jason have been very efficient in finding both longer term tenants for my property. They have carried out the necessary checks and helped in finding tenants swiftly. The property was vacant for 2 days only between tenancy agreements. They also were very helpful in keeping me informed every week as to how they were getting on to find someone to rent. I have been extremely happy with the service and have no issue with recommending them. I will continue to use them in the future.

12. 2

A 5-star review by 'Simon reynolds' 29/8/2014

Nw10
    £3380
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very quick to photograph and advertise our property and found a tenant within one week of it being advertised. The agent priced the property correctly in my opinion, rather than exaggerating the price in order to win our business. Overall we found the agent to be very realistic and they did what they said they would.

13. 1

A 4-star review by 'alt' 28/8/2014

Jason De Sousa, Jaspreet Dabb
    nw10
    £1200

Jason De SousaJaspreet Dabb

Jason was very business like and efficient. He managed to let our property in the time frame that we gave him and for the full asking price. Jaspreet was excellent, very personable and helpful and always at the end of the phone to answer questions.

14. A 5-star review by 'David' 28/8/2014

Branch:
    97 Uxbridge Road (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    £1340

Joanna Hewitt

Great service from Jo Hewitt at Winkworth's Shepherd's Bush.

I spent two years at a property managed by Jo and it was a pleasure dealing with her. Always helpful, responded very quickly to emails and sorted out any issues swiftly and hassle free.

Even when the boiler packed in during arctic conditions, a brand new boiler was organised and installed in record time.

I would highly recommend lettings at Winkworth's Shepherd's Bush and if you get Jo as your property manager you will know you are in safe hands.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE NEVER AGREED WITH THE FACT THAT SOME LETTING AGENCIES SAY THE TENANT HAS TO PAY FOR THE INVENTORY BEFORE AND AFTER THE TENANCY PERIOD. SURELY THIS IS A COST FOR THE LANDLORD? I AM A PRIVATE LANDLORD MYSELF AND ORGANISED AND PAID FOR MY OWN INVENTORIES WHEN MY TENANTS MOVED IN AND OUT AS IT WAS IN MY BEST INTEREST THAT THIS WAS DONE. THESE FEES ARE SIGNIFICANT AND PUNISHING TO TRUSTWORTHY TENANTS.”

15. 2

A 5-star review by 'Katie Carling' 28/8/2014

£1725
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My experience was and still is extreamly positive. I'm am a landlady who lives 70miles away from the property so its been cruicial to have someone who has been happy to be keyholders in the whole letting process. This has involved letting builders and workmen in to the propety and siminly at a moments notice. They also recommend extreamly good and trustworthy builders who similarly had a geniuine enthusiasim to get the best possible result. Taking pride in their work. Over all I have been very impressed with the process.

1. 1

A 4-star review by 'Alex Lee' 28/8/2014

£500000

Andrew Carre

Andrew did a very good job in selling my flat. He was very thorough in 'ironing out' any problems that arose through the sale, thus ensuring exchange and completion. He was always available when needed and was a very important part of a successful outcome. I am very happy with the job he did and streets ahead of other agents I've dealt with in the past.

2. A 5-star review by 'Joseph Henderson' 28/8/2014

John Antoniou, Ahmet Hussein
    £475

John AntoniouAhmet Hussein

I was so pleased with the brilliant service from the palmers green branch
    The sale of the house went thru so smoothly
    I was kept upto date the whole time with the progress of the sale
    Ahmet and john are did a brilliant job
    Joseph Henderson

3. 2

A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Smart' 27/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Fin Cook
    £1300000

Andrew CarreFin Cook

We found the whole experience with Winkworth professional and focused. Andrew and Fin were very driven and motivated to get us the best possible price and we were impressed by the volume of prospective buyers that came through the doors for the open day.
    We achieved a great price for the property (to be honest we were a little skeptical with the valuation, but not only did they achieve the price, they exceeded it).
    We would definitely recommend Andrew, Fin and Winkworth's and would use them again to sell our next property.

4. 2

A 5-star review by 'S Simkins' 22/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Jaspreet Dabb
    £499950

Andrew CarreJaspreet Dabb

Very efficient dealings with everyone at the office including Andrew and Jaspreet.
    I bought and rented through Winkworths and never had any problems with either negotiations.
    Would recommend

5. 1

A 4-star review by 'N' 22/8/2014

Aaron Priscott

After leaving my details at the agency, Aaron called me to show me this place, before it was advertised online. I decided I wanted it and things moved forward very quickly. Aaron was extremely helpful and professional. We very much appreciated his help.

However, when it came to signing the contract things dragged out unnecessarily. The agency insisted that we pay everything (deposit + fees + month in advance)immediately, before even letting us even sign the contract, which I felt was unfair. After this I did not see the contract for a month, despite repeated requests. Apart from this they dealt with other requests promptly and efficiently

Overall we appreciated the agency's help, especially Aaron, and we would use them again.

6. 2

A 4-star review by 'Hannah Baxter' 21/8/2014

Andrew Carre

Andrew, was very helpful and understanding, he was always there on the other end of the phone. Hugely responive and was a pleasure to do business with him.

I would reccomend him and Winkworths to anyone.

Many thanks,

Hannah

7. 1

A 5-star review by 'David Urry' 21/8/2014

Kevin Pearcy, jason de sousa
    £1

Kevin Pearcyjason de sousa

Jason de Sousa is a very polite and efficient agent and also a very pleasant person. He helped me with matters that were outside his responibilities of finding a tenant and completing the tenancy agreement, like for example the condensation problems I was having with the flat ( which I had just bought ). This was before he started to act as an agent and that is why I left the previous agency and dealt with him. He has moved to another branch, unfortunately, but Kevin who I now deal with is also a very pleasant and efficient agent.

8. 3

A 5-star review by 'KJ' 21/8/2014

Nw10
    £700000

Andrew Carre

Andrew was always prompt, helpful in securing further viewings and we were very pleased with the service from Winkworth. There were other things that caused delays in the process but we got there in the end. We were guided throughout the whole procedure and we were also very satisfied with the recommended lawyers that Andrew suggested. Overall, a very good experience.

9. 2

A 5-star review by 'Nick Hoffelner' 20/8/2014

Jason De Sousa
    nw10
    £1495

Jason De Sousa

Jason helped me re-let the property after I was having trouble with another agent. I've known Jason for a long time and he's help me let a few properties over a good number of years and I've always found his service excellent and his advice very helpful. In this particular case with Jason help he managed to find me a good tenant in a short space of time.

10. 3

A 4-star review by 'Lesley Cuggy' 20/8/2014

£1495

Aaron Priscott

Aaron was excellent and really took an interest in finding the right property for me and my partner. He kept me informed at all times throughout the process. My only complaint was that once we had rented the property the let sign stayed up for 2 months and would still be there if I hadn't of taken it down! I would highly recommend Aaron and Winkworth.

1. 1

A 4-star review by 'Stephen' 20/8/2014

£1500

Aaron Priscott

Once I had seen the property in question advertised, I called to make an appointment to view - this was handled in a professional manner and I was able to visit the property the next day. Aaron was very helpful throughout the process and very organised once I made made an offer to let the property.
    I also had dealings with Jaspreet who was also friendly and helpful throughout the process.
    Thanks again - a smooth and successful process throughout!

2. 2

A 5-star review by 'Chocci' 19/8/2014

Andrew Carre, Stewart Boyd
    Nw6
    £1500000

Andrew CarreStewart Boyd

We bought our new house through Andrew (and Stewart). Both were refreshingly honest, up front and trustworthy during the viewings, negotiations and purchase process. It shows that agents can get business done while being candid. It was a stark contrast to another local agency. All in all we would highly recommend them both and would not hesitate to recommend them, or buy/sell through them.

3. A 5-star review by 'Karen' 19/8/2014

Branch:
    129 Shepherds Bush Road (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    £550000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Liz is relentless in getting the deal done to the satisfaction of all parties. This is the second purchase that we have done through her.

4. 3

A 5-star review by 'Mrs Critchley' 18/8/2014

Russell Chilvers
    £490000

Russell Chilvers

We met with a number of estate agents when we were first looking to put our property on the market and Winkworth's instantly stood out. Compared to the other agencies they offered a flexible service and we felt Russell gave us some excellent advice on our house sale and reassured us that he would get the buyers in which he did. The service from initial instruction was slick, professional with the house on the market within 24hrs of being photographed and communication lines were brilliant all the way through to sale and guidance and advice offered when needed. When we sell again in the future we will only use Winkworth and would highly recommend them to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COMPETITIVE AND THE WILLINGNESS TO NEGOTIATE ON THE FEES WAS APPRECIATED.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Virginia' 18/8/2014

Branch:
    129 Shepherds Bush Road (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    w12
    £805000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Liz was outstanding from the first to the last. she did not hard sell to me in the first place which is why i chose her over foxtons - who are still calling me even though we have sold the house and i am still not returning their calls...
    she was charming warm, efficient and friendly i would always recommend her.
    i thought she made the whole firm look like a class act!

“STANDARD... NO ISSUES.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Steve Beach' 18/8/2014

Branch:
    45-47 Station Way (Cheam) (Sutton) (Surrey)
    Neil Barnes
    KT4
    £157000

Neil Barnes

Having just completed on my property sale i can only speak highly of the excellant and professional service i recieved from the team at Winkworth's. My property was on the market for a small period of time and the communication and feedback from the team was second to none particulary when chasing the buyer and buyers solictor. Special priase for Neil Barnes who looked after my sale and Renee if the office who was excellant and always availble to deal with any of my many requests!!

Thanks again, Steve Beach

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Neil Barnes  18/08/2014

Thanks Steve for your kind review , much appreciated by all at Winkworth. Communication is key in our business and we pride ourselves on keeping clients informed of progress and addressing the many issues that inevitably crop up during the conveyancing process. Its also common for us to need to secure another buyer if the first buyer withdraws from the transaction, as happened here.
  7. 2

A 5-star review by 'Tony I' 18/8/2014

£455

Andrew Carre

Right from the start we found the Winkworth staff to be professional and easy to talk to. They helped us through the process and were on the ball when chasing buyers and solicitors. We were more than pleased with the sale price achieved.

8. 2

A 4-star review by 'Sarie' 18/8/2014

£600000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Willesden Green Winkworth team were very competitive with their sales commission as well as being professional to deal with.
    Russell was outstanding in organising the open day of the flat and gathering a group of validated buyers that were serious about the area and the type of property. We had two offers on the table by the end of the day. A challenging sale scenario played out over the next couple of months which Russell and his team navigated with diplomacy and tact.
    A bit more communication to me as the seller throughout the process would have been useful but all in all a very satisfactory experience.

“VERY COMPETITIVE”

9. A 5-star review by 'Tara W' 16/8/2014

Branch:
    97 Uxbridge Road (Shepherds Bush) (London) (Greater London)
    £1200

Joanna Hewitt

My partner and I have been tenants for the last 3 years since moving to London. Throughout our time in this property Winkworth have been extremely helpful and always available, in particular Jo. She is always willing to help and has helped make our time in the property as trouble free as possible. I can happily say on behalf of my partner and I that we would have no hesitations about recommending Winkworth and Jo to anyone looking to rent.

10. 2

A 5-star review by 'Sophie Oliver' 14/8/2014

£1000000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent was very proactive and knowledgable about the property in his viewings to prospective buyers. He had the right amount of enthusiasm without being over the top and respected buyers opinions. They listened to us (the sellers) instructions carefully and respectfully and reflected this in the way they handled each individual prospective buyer.