Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Winkworth Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 570 ratings. This website contains 567 user reviews of Winkworth Estate Agents.

Offices / Branches

• 50 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Winkworth was established in Mayfair in 1835. The company now has over 90 offices, including 60 in London alone. As an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape.

All Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated and we work hard to uphold the highest standards across the group. However, if you feel the service you received from one of our offices was lacking in any way we have a step-by-step complaints procedure which is underpinned by The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).

If you would like to discuss your experience, contact Hugh Dunsmore-Hardy, Non-Executive Director of Winkworth, at hdh@winkworth.com.

Winkworth Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Winkworth Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 19)

Page last updated on: 30-Oct-2014 14:16:55

1. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Eric' 19/9/2014

£1950
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris brings enthusiasm, expertise, and charisma to his role as lettings agent. Chris is a keen listener, and aims to find not just any property but as close to an exact match as possible for his clients in a demanding marketplace. Chris is a pleasure to work with, and is highly recommended.

2. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Gina' 19/9/2014

Se11
    £1600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Chris and the team at Winkworth have wen very efficient in undertaking the letting of out property. They kept us abreast of all updates and corresponded regularly with us putting us at ease that the property was in good hands. Once let they have been fantastic in managing the property making it a smooth and easy process. We have full confidence in Chris and tr team and continue to be impressed with his personal approach, regular contact and quick responses to requests. We have previously used other letting agents in the Area and have been disappointed with the service however Winkworth has far exceeded our expectations.

3. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'v kuhnel' 19/9/2014

Nicole Freeman, Susannah Massey
    SE 1
    £1500
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

To whom this may concern. I recently contacted your good offices with the request to re let my property and both Nicole and Susanna were very helpful in swiftly finding new tenants. I was very
    please and happy with their courteous and efficient manner and I believe them to be an asset to your
    company.
    kind regards

V Kuhnel

4. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Michael Buckley' 10/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have dealt with the Kennington Branch for many years and have always found all of the staff on the letting side extremely helpful and pleasant. Chris Cooper has arranged several tenancy agreements for me over the past few years and my dealings with him have been excellent.

5. FEATURED REVIEW

A 5-star review by 'Guy Anderson' 12/3/2014

Se1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Always a pleasure to deal with Chris. He's friendly, knowledgeable, and keen to help. Chris has always kept me informed during letting process and positive after a tenant gives notice. A great person and thoroughly professional

6. A 5-star review by 'Cristina Pelza' 29/10/2014

No staff selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Best management agent since 1984 except Terence Throgood
    .Organised,tactful and lots of initative. Fast and efficient when needed.Really understands the continuous maintenance needs of a house or flat.This is imperitive in management of property.

7. A 5-star review by 'Debbie' 27/10/2014

Terence Thorogood
    £1000

Terence Thorogood

I worked with Terence for the last several years. He has always taken great care both of me and of my tenants, making sure that any required work was done swiftly and well. He was prompt in answering my emails, which is vital as I live abroad in the US. He was always courteous and professional. I recommend him highly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN GENERAL FEES ARE HIGH FOR MANAGING A PROPERTY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TENANTS STAY FOR A YEAR OR MORE, AND YOU STILL PAY A FINDER/RETAINER FEE. I DIDN\'T FEEL THAT TERENCE\'S FEES WERE HIGHER THAN AVERAGE, AND HE WORKED WITH ME TO GET THE BEST FEE STRUCTURES IN PLACE, WHICH I APPRECIATED.”

8. A 5-star review by 'aris' 26/10/2014

cristina peliza, isabela saxton
    w12

cristina pelizaisabela saxton

Cristina Peliza is a very well educated lady, with a good customer service skills also she is a person capable to work under any kind of pressure without any supervision. talented person , well spoken, also with a magnificent telephone manners i will recomand her to any firm or company if it were the case i will write a reference letter on request .Always wish the best for her at present and for the future

Yours sincerely:aris alvarez

9. A 4-star review by 'BD' 26/10/2014

Cristina Peliza, Kelly

Cristina PelizaKelly

Since Cristina (and, in her absence, Kelly) started managing my property I have felt very well looked after. I've recently had really difficult tenants and both girls handled them - and me! - beautifully. They were friendly but firm with the tenants, and very supportive towards me. Cristina negotiated the repairs and the finances swiftly and elegantly.
    Nothing but praise!

10. A 5-star review by 'robert mcgill' 24/10/2014

cristina peliza, robert mcgill
    w12
    £1400

cristina pelizarobert mcgill

cristina was amazingly efficient
    nothing was too much trouble and she did everything i threw at her with amazing speed and efficiency
    amazing service

11. A 5-star review by 'Ros' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    118 Kensington Church Street (Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    Property Management
    Kelly
    W8
    £1603

Kelly

Since Kelly has been looking after the management of our property we have found her to be extremely efficient and prompt in replying to our emails. She has continued the tradition of excellence we have come to expect from Winkworths over the many years they have acted for us.

12. A 5-star review by 'Susan' 23/10/2014

Ben Hunt
    £740000

Ben Hunt

I found Ben very professional, helpful and responsive, he really took a lot of the stress out of the process of selling, would highly recommend using this branch

13. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dyne' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Jaspreet Dabb
    NW6
    £1845

Jaspreet Dabb

Overall, we're very pleased with the service we received. Unlike other agents/agencies in the area, Jaz was punctual in meeting us to view the property and kept us well-informed on the process of taking the property. She went out of her way to help us secure the flat, despite risking running late for another meeting (we hope she wasn't too late!). There was one miscommunication in handling the move-in date, but this worked out in the end.

Comments on the Agents fees

“GENERALLY, WE THINK REAL ESTATE AGENCIES CONSTITUTE A BLOATED INDUSTRY THAT SHOULD BE REIGNED IN. THE FEES FOR TENANTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS ALIKE DO NOT REFLECT THE LIMITED SERVICE THESE AGENCIES PROVIDE. AS A \"MIDDLE-MAN,\" AGENCIES SKIM OFF THE PROPERTY-MARKET, AND WE THINK SMALL, LOCAL LANDLORDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF MANAGING THEIR PROPERTY THEMSELVES. OF COURSE, TENANTS WOULD BE THRILLED TO AVOID COSTLY FEES.”

14. A 5-star review by 'Barker' 20/10/2014

No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? No

Anthony Whelan

I found Anthony very professional and supportive though the whole sale process. Even his after sales care was second to none. I would certainly recommend having Anthony act as your agent if you were selling in Chislehurst.

15. A 5-star review by 'Max Vezzi' 17/10/2014

Anthony Whelan, Carly Smith
    BR7
    £450000

Anthony WhelanCarly Smith

I used Winkworth to purchase a property a few months ago. From the start Anthony was personable, friendly and professional in all respects. In what is a stressful business he was always there to support, follow through and be totally committed to the job. I always felt Winkworth was there on side to fight my corner which is exactly what one wants. Unlike many larger estate agents (specially KFH) they worked as a strong team and I felt always went the extra mile. They were honest and approachable at all times. I would definitely use them again and would not hesitate in using them when it comes to selling when that point arrives. Definitely would rank them as one of the best agents I have used.

1. 2
    people found this

A 5-star review by 'Sat' 17/10/2014

Aaron Priscott, Christine Boyd
    £1517

Aaron PriscottChristine Boyd

I approached Winkworth for an urgent letting via the phone. Within 2 hours, I was at the subject property showing it to Aaron Priscott. He understood instantly the profile of prospective tenants that I would consider. Within 24 hours; he had found suitable tenants. The AST needed slight tailoring and I was liaising with his colleague Christine Boyd to draft this at c8.30 pm, which was certainly impressive I thought. Winkworth dealt with arranging all of the admin including arranging cleaners; inventory; extra keys cut; dealing with the deposit scheme etc; which certainly took away all of the headaches of doing this my self. Moreover, they did all of this quickly and efficiently with third parties that charged reasonable prices. I would strongly recommend.

2. A 5-star review by 'Barbara' 17/10/2014

SE9
    £415000

Anthony Whelan

Anthony was fantastic to deal with. He kept us informed throughout the entire process, kept us positive when communication with our buyer hit a sticky patch, and followed up every single stage of the sale. He was also the "voice of reason" when our emotions threatened to impair our judgement, remaining calm and suggesting possible compromises . Even after we had exchanged contracts on our sale, he continued to monitor and chase our purchase, although he was not acting for us in relation to the purchase of our new house. In every respect Anthony went the extra mile and we would not hesitate to recommend Winkworths to anyone thinking of buying or selling a home. A million thanks for all their help.

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Benjamin Pedersen' 16/10/2014

Aaron Priscott

Aaron Priscott

Aaron at Winkworth in Kensal Rise provided excellent service and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking to secure a place in that area.

His portfolio was reflective of the type of company he represents: High standard and quality.

He went beyond what is customary of an estate agent to help secure our new home and treated us with courtesy every time we spoke or had dealings in person.

4. A 5-star review by 'Karen Alder' 16/10/2014

Carly Smith
    SE9
    £368000

Carly Smith

Carly has been outstanding throughout the whole process of buying a this property, she made this purchase stress free which I felt was the most important thing I needed to point out. Her communication skills were impeccable and very much appreciated. Carly went to great lengths to accommodate our numerous visits to the property and was always pleased to see us and made us feel a priority in her workload. Her bubbly personality along with her knowledgeable,professional attitude really stood out and she really was a pleasure to work with to secure the purchase of our property. Anthony Whelan took over from Carly when she was on annual leave and again was a pleasure, he also mirrored Carly and was knowledgeable, sincere and professional. A fantastic team, well done Winkworths.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS REALLY HAPPY TO PAY THE FEES FOR THE OUTSTANDING SERVICE I RECEIVED.”

5. 1

A 5-star review by 'Glengal road' 15/10/2014

Branch:
    90 Walm Lane (Willesden Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Towsend
    Nw67
    £1600

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Towsend

Aaron Priscott was my lettings negotiator and helped me find a flat very quickly. He was courteous and knowledgeable and provided a great experience. He is highly recommended and a very nice chap.

Telisha Hanson-Townsend was equally very helpful in helping navigate the contract and moving process. She is also very courteous and professional.

All around it was an excellent process and very professional.

6. 1

A 5-star review by 'David Perry' 14/10/2014

Branch:
    393 Green Lanes (Palmers Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Leila Asrar
    N13
    £345000

Leila Asrar

I have just worked with Leila in the purchase of an investment flat I have bought to Let.
    The purchase was not straightforward for numerous reasons but Leila made the process as simple and painless as she could. She is also now handling the letting of the property which I have no doubt will be dealt with in the same efficient manner.
    I found her to be attentive and professional throughout and would have no hesitation in recommending her services to others.

7. A 5-star review by 'Renata S' 12/10/2014

Nicole Freeman
    se11
    £1625

Nicole Freeman

Nicole was very helpful from the begining. She understood immediately what we were looking for and found the perfect place for us. Paperwork and moving in was easy and after 2 months I am still a very happy tenant. Highly recommended agent and agency.

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Aaron Priscott' 10/10/2014

Aaron Priscott, Telisha Hanson-Townsend
    £1725

Aaron PriscottTelisha Hanson-Townsend

Aaron was really pleasant and helpful throughout the process. He began his Saturday at work early in order to show us the property. Aaron answered all our queries swiftly and professionally which resulted in the process of renting our flat being very smooth for which I am grateful.

9. A 5-star review by 'Liz' 9/10/2014

£860

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper took care of letting my property and thanks to his efficency it was let within days.
    I will be calling on him when the times comes to re let my property. he was professional, amiable and a good communicator.

10. A 5-star review by 'Anne' 9/10/2014

Ben Hunt, Elizabeth Nascimento
    £600000

Ben HuntElizabeth Nascimento

Ben and Liz were both very pleasant to deal with. I was looking for an agent who would not do the hard sell on buyers and knew the market and I got that. The sale went very smoothly and was pretty much stress free. I have recommended this office to others already.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DIDN\'T SHOP AROUND TOO MUCH BUT THEIR RATES SEEMED COMPETITIVE.”

1. A 5-star review by 'CJ' 7/10/2014

W6
    £765000

Elizabeth Nascimento

My experience working with Elizabeth Nascimento could not have been more positive. She worked very hard on my behalf, was always responsive to emails and phone calls, and was more than willing to meet at the property whenever necessary. Importantly, I felt I could trust her with all aspects of the negotiations, which was crucial, and that she had my best interests at heart.
    I could not recommend working with Liz more highly.

2. A 5-star review by 'Thierry R.' 6/10/2014

£540000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Winkworth and specially Liz were very helpful during the whole process. They were always available for any viewing and provided me with good information to help me to take my decision.
    All my outstanding quieries were quikly addressed, even after the price was agreed, and therefore the completion was achieved in a short time period.
    Liz was also keen to answer my questions after I moved in, helping me to appreciate the new property without any hassle.

3. A 5-star review by 'Thierry R.' 6/10/2014

£540000

4. A 4-star review by 'Sandra & Ian' 6/10/2014

£1907

Chris Cooper

We had specific requirements and thankfully did not have to move out of our old place until we found the right property. Chris helped us by listening to our criteria and, with a few exceptions, we only viewed properties that met those criteria. Eventually a property came on the market that ticked the vast majority of boxes and we moved in soon after. We thank Chris for his help throughout the process.

5. A 4-star review by 'Sandra & Ian' 5/10/2014

£1907

6. A 5-star review by 'Claire E' 4/10/2014

£600000

Elizabeth Nascimento

Elizabeth was extremely helpful throughout the whole process: she always came back to me, quickly , with an answer if I had any queries, and she has been charming throughout.

7. A 5-star review by 'Sharad' 2/10/2014

br7

Anthony Whelan

We had a very helpful experience with Anthony being at the forefront of the negotiations. I was happy to see his effectiveness in getting our points across to the vendor, and expediting the deal. We appreciate his calm and respectful dealing.

“N/A”

8. A 4-star review by 'N T D Cleary' 2/10/2014

SW8
    £1387

Chris Cooper

We had a good experience dealing with Winkworth. Mr. Cooper was very accommodating and offered great advise for us first time renters in the UK. Everything that was required was explained very well. Each aspect of the rental and move happened swiftly and efficiently. Mr. Cooper was available day and night to achieve our tight move in date, from viewing to move-in day was just 8 days.

9. A 4-star review by 'Julia' 2/10/2014

SW8
    £1800

Chris Cooper

Chris Cooper was very efficient in finding us suitable tenants. He brought forward an excellent offer on the first day of marketing and was very professional throughout.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS RENEWING CLIENTS WE WERE LOOKED AFTER AND COMFORTABLE WITH THE AGREED FEES.”

10. A 1-star review by 'Richard' 2/10/2014

Branch:
    123A Gloucester Road (South Kensington) (London) (Greater London)
    No staff selected.
    £1350
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

""Where to start? The fees are outrageous (however this is unfortunately the norm for London) The agent was wholly unprofessional, pleasant enough until you have any question regarding the tenancy agreement, to which they seem to take great disdain and will have no consideration for your requests.
    One clause states that the tenant has to abide by the terms & conditions of the Leashold of the Property. This was a major point of contention with Winkworth who stated I would not be given sight of the Leasehold and I would have to sign the tenancy agreement agreeing to the terms regardless. I am amazed that some tenants must actually do this without requesting a copy of the Leasehold.
    The list of other issues during the transaction is endless although I hate reading long reviews so I will stop here..
    Simply avoid if you can.

What could Winkworth Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Start thinking and acting on behalf of both parties involved in the transaction. Your fees certainly give you the flexibility to put some hours in.”