FREE Valuation

William H Brown

Agent rating: 3.1 out of 5.0 based on 287 ratings. This website contains 286 user reviews of William H Brown.

• William H Brown has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 153 recommend
  • 134 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

Page last updated on: 30-Jun-2015 04:27:38

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. 1

Branch:
    16-18 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    nisha vyas
    le4
    £85000
    nisha vyas

The service I have received from w h brown has been absolutely terrible!
    I feel as though I have been misled, lied to and ripped off by a supposedly reputable company.
    The communication between nisha vyas, the mortgage advisor, and the Leicester branch seems to have been non-existent and the communication between w h brown and myself has been appalling.

This is a combination of negligence, mal-administration and poor company policies and practices on behalf of William h brown

I went to w h brown to view a property that was ideally situated in my aria and within my price range at... (read more)

“ABSOLUTELY MISLEADING”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“give me back my money and stop misleading honest people for profit”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Arndale Centre Otley Road Headingley (Headingley) (Leeds) (Yorkshire)
    Rowan moore, anita davidson
    ls7
    £525
    Rowan mooreanita davidson

I rented a property from William H Brown for just over 3 years. Over the time of renting the property repairs were not carried out the living room ceiling collapsed, a large glass mirrored wardrobe door fell and smashed on my 5 year old sons head, the area was known for mice the house had mice and the kitchen cupboards were past their best and dangerously hanging off the wall .when I begged (and yes I had to beg to get my property in a safe liveable condition for my children) they seemed set out more not to help! After months of living with a huge hole in my living room ceiling without... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 4 -star review by ''

Karen Wyuts, sandy anderson
    NR10
    £270000
    Karen Wyutssandy anderson

The team at Reepham were very professional and dealt with any/all issues as they arose . They kept us fully up-to-date with developments as the sale progressed and were very helpful if we had any questions on any aspect of the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE AGREED/NEGOTIATED PRIOR TO THE SALE AND THEREFORE HAD TO ACCEPTABLE TO BOTH PARTIES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Michelle Ives, sam
    £164000
    Michelle Ivessam

After 2 other estate agents couldn't sell our property W H Browns managed to get people through the door and sold it twice in the same day. From start to finish (M I) our member of staff was on the case from chasing solicitors to pushing the sale forward with continuous phone calls between all parties involved. We would use this estate agent again for there no nonsense approach, straight talking,and honest feedback.They get the job done.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Duke Street (Chelmsford) (Essex)
    Alex Blay
    CM2
    £175000
    Alex Blay

I had an excellent experience when recently selling my property. Every member of staff I spoke with was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I received weekly updates throughout the process and sound advice.

I would recommend this estate agent to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE DISCUSSED AND EXPLAINED IN ADVANCE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Karen Wyuts, sandy anderson
    NR10
    £314000
    Karen Wyutssandy anderson

I needed to sell my 4 Bedroom house quickly as a new bungalow had come on the market and we wanted to downsize. Bungalows of quality and the correct price are rare in Reepham.
    Everything from valuation, contracts, surveys etc was done expertly and I sold the property for full asking price within a week.
    Without the leadership and staff tenacity of the Reepham team the sale could have been lost due to the total lack of professionalism by all solicitors and their companies. Even the banks lost the money! I assume this was the first house sold in Norfolk as they had all no idea how to deal with it.
    Both Ladies of the Reepham team go beyond the call of duty and make it happen. Well done

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGREED BEFORE HAND AND OPEN.”

7. View All Comments (1)by Karen Wuyts  05/06/2015

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing myself and my team at William H Brown, Reepham to sell your home.
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

£172000
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Before signing with them and getting the property listed, communication was a little difficult - emails were un returned and I had to chase more than I liked.
    Once the property was listed, the service was great. They helped me through the complications of having a difficult tenant in situ. They found a buyer very quickly and chased the solicitors, so the sale went through in timely manner. Overall, very satisfied.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4-6 Church Lane Pudsey (Pudsey) (West Yorkshire)
    James Eddison, Scott Bacon
    LS13
    £130000
    James EddisonScott Bacon

James Eddison was initially helpful when we expressed interest in the property, but quickly became condescending and extremely pushy. His insistence that we use William H. Brown / Sequence Pudsey's in-house conveyancing service was worrying and relentless, especially once WHB conveyancer Scott Bacon got involved. Scott called literally every single working day to try to convince us to use his services.

Once our offer was accepted, James instructed us to go ahead with our mortgage application. That very same day, someone else made a higher offer (and fairly so).

At this stage, Scott became... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENT TRIED TO FORCE US TO USE THEIR IN-HOUSE SERVICES, WHICH CAME AT A HIGH COST. THEIR FEES WERE FAR HIGHER THAN THOSE I USED FOR A SIMILAR SERVICE FROM A THIRD-PARTY.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Agent tried to force us to use their in-house services, which came at a high cost. Their fees were far higher than those I used for a similar service from a third-party.”

10. 1

Branch:
    28 Gold Street (Kettering) (Northamptonshire)
    Christine Sharp
    NN10
    £725
    Christine Sharp

Avoid at all cost, very incompetent, unprofessional, no communication skills at all.
    They give false information, they ignore any questions you raise with them and harass you.
    Don't deal with these morons, they are only after your money, totally useless when anything goes wrong should be shut down.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

£179950
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Have used W H Brown for many years and they continue to offer a great service in selling property and assisting with buying. Julie was very helpful and gave clear explanations on mortgages available. Simon dealt with our sale and got a good price for it and also supported us when we had difficulties with the solicitor. Julie Howes was very patient and kept in regular contact with us. Will look forward to using them again in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    498-500 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Julie Wilson, Emily Slingsby
    LS8
    £209000
    Julie WilsonEmily Slingsby

Having to find an estate agent to put my Mums house up for sale when she moved into a nursing home was of concern as I didn't live locally but in the south. I contacted William h Brown as they were local to Mums house and Julie came round to value the property and explain how it would be marketed by them. I found that I was regularly 'kept in the picture' by their staff. Although a buyer had been found when Mum died I had to get Probate, and although it caused a delay in the sale completing, they were able to keep the same buyer informed until the house sale could be finalised.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    80 Bridge Street (Worksop) (Nottinghamshire)
    fiona ellery
    s80
    £375
    fiona ellery

I let the flat 1 year ago. the service has been poor the flat is damp and I ended up moving out. I cannot get my deposit back because they no longer deal with the landlord. please keep clear of these they do not wish to represent you on any issue they just want to take your money and run. at the end of the day THEY are supposed to help and protect you. they have no interest what so ever in any of their tenants. really bad customer service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I CANNOT GET MY DEPOSIT BACK”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“they could have been a better service provider and helped to provide the service in which they promised. they are not interested in anyone just keeping the monthly figures to their targets.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Lisa Dove, Dan Gurney
    co10
    Lisa DoveDan Gurney

> To all at William H Brown,
    > On behalf of myself and Fay I'd like to say a huge thank you for your help, support and effort in the help of selling my property and the purchase of our new one.
    > Your help and advice was truly appreciated.
    > Will use you again if we decide to move again.
    > Thanks again.
    > Tom Williams and Fay Wallace

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 4 -star review by ''

£93000
    Terry Buy

We have nothing but praise for the proactive approach and support we recieved from Terry Buy at the Halstead Branch. As our sale included the need for a lease extension the process seemed frustrating and daunting at times, but without Terry on our side and keeping us updated and without his suggestions enabling us to overcome some of the obstacles we came up against we would have found the process a lot more stresful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Lisa Dove, Dan Gurney
    Co10
    £134000
    Lisa DoveDan Gurney

It was first time I'd sold a property and the staff were helpful and knowledgable about the area and values and they helped me through every step and worked really hard to promote the property and they achieved a sale quickly. Very pleased with the whole experience.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Market place (Dereham) (Norfolk)
    Gareth Burgess
    nr20
    £159950
    Gareth Burgess

Where do I start. This branch is a shambles...

We put our property on the market with William H Brown because they sold the property to us and seemed to be very competent and efficient however this wasn't the case. From the start it sended that the staff were more concerned with pleasing the potential buyers than helping us.

Our first complaint was when I popped home from work in the day to pick something up to find prospective buyers waiting outside the house house. After questioning what was happening it turned out that no one from William H Brown had turned up. I called the office... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE CHEAP BUT THEY ARENT WORTH A PENNY. RATHER PAY A BIT MORE TO AVOID THIS BRANCH.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Complete overhaul. Change in attitude Educate staff. Some manners wouldn't go a miss too!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

£220000
    Terry Buy

The process of purchasing the property was very smooth from start to finish. Any queries were dealt with speed and efficiency, which meant less pressure on me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

£380000
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Simon Dale valued our house at a fair price and then negotiated an acceptable price for us. After we had introduced the buyer. Julie Howes worked very hard to keep us up to date with the progress of the sale but had to deal with a very evasive solicitor who appeared to do nothing for 2 weeks before departing on a weeks holiday. Her assistant was left to complete (and did so very well) with 1 day to go before our removal company had been booked.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE AGREED A FIXED RATE FEE BUT AS WE INTRODUCED THE BUYER FELT THAT THERE SHOULD BE A REDUCTION. AFTER NEGOTIATING WITH SIMON DALE WE AGREED ON A SMALLER REDUCTION THAN WE WOULD HAVE LIKED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Stephanie Dawe
    £330000
    Terry BuyStephanie Dawe

Terry and his team were 1st. class and very professional in their approach. Helped us every step of
    the way in selling our house. they liaised with us, our buyers and solicitors to get a very satisfactory sale.
    Would not hesitate to recommend William H Brown Halstead.

22. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    Simon
    NR31
    Simon

I have never posted a review before (good or bad) but felt compelled to do so in this instance. My wife and I recently viewed a property on sale with WHB Gorleston as prospective buyers. Today I received a phone call from them to get feedback (all normal and fine so far). Then 'Simon' asks me which agent my property is being marketed by and then begins insulting and berating that company, questioning their sales abilities, belittling the amount of properties they have at the moment and generally being rude about them. Now I'm sorry, but I feel that this is massively unprofessional, uncalled for and just plain wrong. He asked me to ''bare them in mind'' if/when my property doesn't sell with my current agent, well you have put me off ever wanting to conduct any business with you again I'm afraid. Appalling behaviour.

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Maybe act with some professionalism and decorum.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

JULIE HOWES
    NR12
    £126000
    JULIE HOWES

The agency gave an excellent service.We had minor delays with the owners,however these were dealt with without too much anxiety.This was thanks to Julie Howes.

25. 1

Branch:
    276 High Street Dovercourt (Harwich) (Essex)
    Jamie Reid
    CO12
    Jamie Reid

Agent was dishonest and did not represent the seller, unfortunately he was more interested in just getting a quick sale and getting his fixed fee (at whatever cost to myself).

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 2 -star review by ''

No staff selected.
    CO10
    £124000
    Would you use the agent again? No

It was a real mixed bag buying through WH Brown. Oringinally very positive and helpful, most of which was dealing with the independent mortgage broker. Problems only came about regarding the �1000 buyers incentive. It is an absolute con. I do not know how they get away with offering this as it is false advertising and ties you in to completely unfair terms.

In getting the �1k buyers incentive I was told I HAD to use their chosen solicitors, Atwells in Ipswich. They wanted to charge approx �1800 for fees. I felt this was way too much and asked around. No-one quoted... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Irena Coulthard
    Co9
    £240000
    Terry BuyIrena Coulthard

Excellent service - professional from valuation to sale. Great pro active communication. Would definitely reccomend this agent to anyone looking in the Halstead area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Holt) (Norfolk)
    Richard Ling, Liza Pepper
    NR25
    £222500
    Richard LingLiza Pepper

Provided excellent service in order to obtain a sale. All members of staff dealt were good to deal with, provided the back up that I needed as this wasn't my main residence and I live 140 miles away, and helped to push the sale through from start to finish.
    A nice friendly atmosphere meant, that even if you had to make contact several times in one day, they had time for you.
    Would highly recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE FINE - THE ORIGINAL VALUATION THAT I WAS GIVEN WAS A LONG WAY OFF, BUT I APPRECIATE THAT DIFFERENT MEMBERS OF STAFF HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS, AND AT THE END OF THE DAY I OBTAINED THE SALE THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Michelle , Christine Howell
    £65
    Michelle Christine Howell

During the house sale Michelle was always bright, cheerful and positive, she was a delight to speak to. Nothing was ever too much trouble for her and she always called back when she said she was going to. There were some stresses during the sale towards the end, as things were finally falling into place, she kept in touch daily to give the sale a final push through. A real treasure for William H Brown in Fakenham to hold onto very well done Michelle and thanks for everything.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Michelle Ives, Susan Baker
    £325000
    Michelle IvesSusan Baker

We recently sold a property through this particular branch and found the whole procedure as painless as possible. The sale was not easy due to external issues but I found all the staff pleasant, polite, helpful and a credit to a profession which has historically been viewed with some distrust.
    In particular I must mention Michelle who has always been the most positive cheerful person I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. She was always professional and a credit to both the office and the company as a whole.
    I would definitely recommend this office and company without reservation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    52 High Street (Stalham) (Norfolk)
    Hayley Burton-Pye
    NR29
    £250000
    Hayley Burton-Pye

We were purchasing our property through these agents, the property was a new build (but the build was complete at time of our offer) and there was only us in the chain as we had sold our property and moved into holiday accommodation as our buyers needed a quick move (four weeks), we did this thinking it would only be a few weeks before we completed on our new home, unfortunately we didn't take in to consideration the builders solicitor who was not speedy to say the least, as we only had a limited time in the holiday rental things began to get a bit desperate this is when Hayley Burton Pye stepped in and immediately took all the worry and chasing off our shoulders, she chased the builders solicitor and builder for documents etc, spoke to our solicitors and updated us on a daily basis, this resulted in contracts being signed and exchanged within two weeks, Hayley is a credit to her branch and and asset to William H Brown an all round very good estate agent. We would like to thank Daniel Trett and his team who always dealt with our queries promptly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

sandy anderson
    NR20
    £260000
    sandy anderson

Both Sandy and Karen were very professional, friendly, helpfully and reassuring. Should I ever have a reason for using an estate agent again W H Brown Reepham would be my first choice. They were a delight to do business with.

33. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Marie-Kate
    co6
    £700
    Terry BuyMarie-Kate

Excellent service from Terry, suggesting I view a property, which I did, and we then purchased. Terry was punctual at the first and second viewings, gave us professional advice on the purchase and also potential for letting. Terry then introduced me to the letting team at Sudbudy who then arranged for a prospective tenant to view, ahead of completion. Result we have secured a tenant on the day we completed the purchase. Great service from Marie-Kate and the rental team at Sudbury too.

Page: