FREE Valuation

William H Brown

Agent rating: 3.1 out of 5.0 based on 297 ratings. This website contains 296 user reviews of William H Brown.

• William H Brown has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 139 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

Page last updated on: 04-Aug-2015 09:34:35

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Hall Quay (Great Yarmouth) (Norfolk)
    Tim Howlett
    NR29
    £280000
    Tim Howlett

Got a rapid sale. Very detailed and attentive approach from Tim Howlett. Good advice given re preparation. We felt comfortable with the approach to the sale, and the advice given.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY PLEASED WITH LOW FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    17a Great Whyte (Ramsey) (Cambridgeshire)
    pe26
    £245000
    Simon

This agent is defiantly the worst estate agent I have ever come across. The radio silence from the date they found a buyer for our property to exchange was exasperating. Still I'm told by the manager that is all we were paying for. It certainly is not what was promised - nor expected. I was misled to believe we would receive a full post sale case management. It simply wasn't there, leading to me having to do a lot more running around and making calls.
    Despite complaining they chose to ignore me all the way. I requested not to be contacted by any third party after completion in relation to broadband etc. - they couldn't even get that right.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I UNDERSTOOD I WAS PAYING FOR THE ESTATE AGENT TO FIND US A BUYER AND PROVIDE A FULL POST SALE CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICE. THIS SIMPLY IS NOT THE CASE.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“I understood I was paying for the estate agent to find us a buyer and provide a full post sale case management service. This simply is not the case.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Karen Wyuts
    nr10
    £210000
    Karen Wyuts

From the very outset of my dealings with Karen and Sandy, they were professional, approachable and extremely motivated. My house had been on the market with another agent for several months and I was beginning to despair. However, as soon as I signed up with WHB, the attitude was one of 'can do' and that attitude prevailed throughout. Nothing was too much trouble. They came up with new ideas and were incredibly focused. I was very happy with the number and quality of viewings they secured and they kept me up to date at all times and worked very hard to market and sell my property within a short space of time. It was so lovely to work with people who were as positive about my house as I was. I cannot recommend them highly enough and I am so grateful to them for what they achieved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Albert Street (Harrogate) (North Yorkshire)
    dave stokos
    hg32
    £190
    dave stokos

once they have got you interested they ignore you.
    do not use their solicitors they say it is for the quickest as they can monitor them but theywont even take your calls after they have hooked you.
    now ten weeks into sale they havent even got a contract to the buyers solicitor.
    the only stressful thing about moving house is the agent.
    we have contacted the buyers direct to find they are telling them that we have been on holiday for three weeks then telling us the buyers are away on holiday when they havent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Holt) (Norfolk)
    Liza Pepper, Richard Ling
    Nr24
    Liza PepperRichard Ling

We found all the staff at William H Brown in Holt, to be very professional. As first time buyers we found them extremely helpful, always more than willing to answer any questions we had and were extremely supportive throughout the whole process of purchasing our new home. We cannot thank them enough and would highly recommend them to friends and family members looking to either purchase or sell a property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

NR9
    £209000
    Karen Wyutssandy anderson

Both Karen and Sandy were a pleasure to deal with, always eager to help in any way. They kept me informed of every development , however small, during the selling process and were generally highly efficient whilst seeming more like friends than agents. I would recommend them to anyone.

7. 1

Branch:
    3 Market place (Dereham) (Norfolk)
    emma
    ip25
    £247500
    emma

! warning! use this branch at your own peril.as in review by another customer on 28/04 2015,same senario,only interested in buyer,gave them all their time even though fees are my responsibility,worse of all, past on information which was never given to them,resulting in a large financial outlay to ourselves and grossly very very rude,be warned.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

JULIE HOWES, Bruce Page
    £210000
    JULIE HOWESBruce Page

Impressed with the total service. Everything made easy and staff went out of their way to push the sale through by ironing out difficulties. Excellent communication and understanding.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WORTH PAYING HIGHER THAN OTHER AGENTS' FEES FOR THE SERVICE DELIVERED. PLEASED TO HAVE THEM NEGOTIABLE TO SOME EXTENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Arndale Centre Otley Road Headingley (Headingley) (Leeds) (Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Jenna Ackroyd
    LS6
    £100000
    Jenna Ackroyd

Dont stick to times. Very reactive. Not helpful. Play buyers off against each other! Send trainee agents, Not as good as local competitors

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Exchange Street (Attleborough) (Norfolk)
    No staff selected.
    NR18
    £475
    Would you use the agent again? No

I found the staff that I dealt with at William H Brown to be outwardly helpful but seemed to quickly become obnoxious and awkward once I wanted to change some minor things in my contract. I felt like any questions I asked were a huge problem for the staff that I dealt with. They seemed to lack any kind of empathy for my requests about finances and were simply happy for me to keep throwing money at them seemingly for nothing. I really got the impression that they were only interested in tearing as much money out of me (and the landlord) as possible.

A letting agent that manages a property should have at least some kind of caring attitude, here I felt I was an inconvenient part of their job that they wanted to get rid of as soon as possible.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS WITH MANY ESTATE AGENTS, THE FEES ARE EXTORTIONATE. THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SLAP A £50 "ADMIN" FEE ON ANY KIND OF MINOR CHANGE AND SIMPLY REFUSE TO CHANGE DETAILS IF IT INVOLVES THEM DOING WORK.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“As with many estate agents, the fees are extortionate. They are more than happy to slap a £50 "admin" fee on any kind of minor change and simply refuse to change details if it involves them doing work.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

12. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    16-18 Halford Street (Leicester) (Leicestershire)
    nisha vyas
    le4
    £85000
    nisha vyas

The service I have received from w h brown has been absolutely terrible!
    I feel as though I have been misled, lied to and ripped off by a supposedly reputable company.
    The communication between nisha vyas, the mortgage advisor, and the Leicester branch seems to have been non-existent and the communication between w h brown and myself has been appalling.

This is a combination of negligence, mal-administration and poor company policies and practices on behalf of William h brown

I went to w h brown to view a property that was ideally situated in my aria and within my price range at... (read more)

“ABSOLUTELY MISLEADING”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“give me back my money and stop misleading honest people for profit”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Arndale Centre Otley Road Headingley (Headingley) (Leeds) (Yorkshire)
    Rowan moore, anita davidson
    ls7
    £525
    Rowan mooreanita davidson

I rented a property from William H Brown for just over 3 years. Over the time of renting the property repairs were not carried out the living room ceiling collapsed, a large glass mirrored wardrobe door fell and smashed on my 5 year old sons head, the area was known for mice the house had mice and the kitchen cupboards were past their best and dangerously hanging off the wall .when I begged (and yes I had to beg to get my property in a safe liveable condition for my children) they seemed set out more not to help! After months of living with a huge hole in my living room ceiling without... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 4 -star review by ''

NR10
    £270000
    Karen Wyutssandy anderson

The team at Reepham were very professional and dealt with any/all issues as they arose . They kept us fully up-to-date with developments as the sale progressed and were very helpful if we had any questions on any aspect of the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE AGREED/NEGOTIATED PRIOR TO THE SALE AND THEREFORE HAD TO ACCEPTABLE TO BOTH PARTIES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Royal oak House 18 Oak Street (Fakenham) (Norfolk)
    Michelle Ives, sam
    NR21
    £164000
    Michelle Ivessam

After 2 other estate agents couldn't sell our property W H Browns managed to get people through the door and sold it twice in the same day. From start to finish (M I) our member of staff was on the case from chasing solicitors to pushing the sale forward with continuous phone calls between all parties involved. We would use this estate agent again for there no nonsense approach, straight talking,and honest feedback.They get the job done.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Duke Street (Chelmsford) (Essex)
    Alex Blay
    CM2
    £175000
    Alex Blay

I had an excellent experience when recently selling my property. Every member of staff I spoke with was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I received weekly updates throughout the process and sound advice.

I would recommend this estate agent to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE DISCUSSED AND EXPLAINED IN ADVANCE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

NR10
    £314000
    Karen Wyutssandy anderson

I needed to sell my 4 Bedroom house quickly as a new bungalow had come on the market and we wanted to downsize. Bungalows of quality and the correct price are rare in Reepham.
    Everything from valuation, contracts, surveys etc was done expertly and I sold the property for full asking price within a week.
    Without the leadership and staff tenacity of the Reepham team the sale could have been lost due to the total lack of professionalism by all solicitors and their companies. Even the banks lost the money! I assume this was the first house sold in Norfolk as they had all no idea how to deal with it.
    Both Ladies of the Reepham team go beyond the call of duty and make it happen. Well done

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGREED BEFORE HAND AND OPEN.”

18. View All Comments (1)by Karen Wuyts  05/06/2015

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing myself and my team at William H Brown, Reepham to sell your home.
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

£172000
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Before signing with them and getting the property listed, communication was a little difficult - emails were un returned and I had to chase more than I liked.
    Once the property was listed, the service was great. They helped me through the complications of having a difficult tenant in situ. They found a buyer very quickly and chased the solicitors, so the sale went through in timely manner. Overall, very satisfied.

20. 1

Branch:
    4-6 Church Lane Pudsey (Pudsey) (West Yorkshire)
    James Eddison, Scott Bacon
    LS13
    £130000
    James EddisonScott Bacon

James Eddison was initially helpful when we expressed interest in the property, but quickly became condescending and extremely pushy. His insistence that we use William H. Brown / Sequence Pudsey's in-house conveyancing service was worrying and relentless, especially once WHB conveyancer Scott Bacon got involved. Scott called literally every single working day to try to convince us to use his services.

Once our offer was accepted, James instructed us to go ahead with our mortgage application. That very same day, someone else made a higher offer (and fairly so).

At this stage, Scott became... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENT TRIED TO FORCE US TO USE THEIR IN-HOUSE SERVICES, WHICH CAME AT A HIGH COST. THEIR FEES WERE FAR HIGHER THAN THOSE I USED FOR A SIMILAR SERVICE FROM A THIRD-PARTY.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Agent tried to force us to use their in-house services, which came at a high cost. Their fees were far higher than those I used for a similar service from a third-party.”

21. 1

Branch:
    28 Gold Street (Kettering) (Northamptonshire)
    Christine Sharp
    NN10
    £725
    Christine Sharp

Avoid at all cost, very incompetent, unprofessional, no communication skills at all.
    They give false information, they ignore any questions you raise with them and harass you.
    Don't deal with these morons, they are only after your money, totally useless when anything goes wrong should be shut down.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

£179950
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Have used W H Brown for many years and they continue to offer a great service in selling property and assisting with buying. Julie was very helpful and gave clear explanations on mortgages available. Simon dealt with our sale and got a good price for it and also supported us when we had difficulties with the solicitor. Julie Howes was very patient and kept in regular contact with us. Will look forward to using them again in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    498-500 Roundhay Road (Oakwood) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Julie Wilson, Emily Slingsby
    LS8
    £209000
    Julie WilsonEmily Slingsby

Having to find an estate agent to put my Mums house up for sale when she moved into a nursing home was of concern as I didn't live locally but in the south. I contacted William h Brown as they were local to Mums house and Julie came round to value the property and explain how it would be marketed by them. I found that I was regularly 'kept in the picture' by their staff. Although a buyer had been found when Mum died I had to get Probate, and although it caused a delay in the sale completing, they were able to keep the same buyer informed until the house sale could be finalised.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    80 Bridge Street (Worksop) (Nottinghamshire)
    fiona ellery
    s80
    £375
    fiona ellery

I let the flat 1 year ago. the service has been poor the flat is damp and I ended up moving out. I cannot get my deposit back because they no longer deal with the landlord. please keep clear of these they do not wish to represent you on any issue they just want to take your money and run. at the end of the day THEY are supposed to help and protect you. they have no interest what so ever in any of their tenants. really bad customer service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I CANNOT GET MY DEPOSIT BACK”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“they could have been a better service provider and helped to provide the service in which they promised. they are not interested in anyone just keeping the monthly figures to their targets.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23-24 Market Hill (Sudbury) (Suffolk)
    Lisa Dove, Dan Gurney
    co10
    Lisa DoveDan Gurney

> To all at William H Brown,
    > On behalf of myself and Fay I'd like to say a huge thank you for your help, support and effort in the help of selling my property and the purchase of our new one.
    > Your help and advice was truly appreciated.
    > Will use you again if we decide to move again.
    > Thanks again.
    > Tom Williams and Fay Wallace

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 4 -star review by ''

£93000
    Terry Buy

We have nothing but praise for the proactive approach and support we recieved from Terry Buy at the Halstead Branch. As our sale included the need for a lease extension the process seemed frustrating and daunting at times, but without Terry on our side and keeping us updated and without his suggestions enabling us to overcome some of the obstacles we came up against we would have found the process a lot more stresful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23-24 Market Hill (Sudbury) (Suffolk)
    Lisa Dove, Dan Gurney
    Co10
    £134000
    Lisa DoveDan Gurney

It was first time I'd sold a property and the staff were helpful and knowledgable about the area and values and they helped me through every step and worked really hard to promote the property and they achieved a sale quickly. Very pleased with the whole experience.

29. 1

Branch:
    3 Market place (Dereham) (Norfolk)
    Gareth Burgess
    nr20
    £159950
    Gareth Burgess

Where do I start. This branch is a shambles...

We put our property on the market with William H Brown because they sold the property to us and seemed to be very competent and efficient however this wasn't the case. From the start it sended that the staff were more concerned with pleasing the potential buyers than helping us.

Our first complaint was when I popped home from work in the day to pick something up to find prospective buyers waiting outside the house house. After questioning what was happening it turned out that no one from William H Brown had turned up. I called the office... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE CHEAP BUT THEY ARENT WORTH A PENNY. RATHER PAY A BIT MORE TO AVOID THIS BRANCH.”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Complete overhaul. Change in attitude Educate staff. Some manners wouldn't go a miss too!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

£220000
    Terry Buy

The process of purchasing the property was very smooth from start to finish. Any queries were dealt with speed and efficiency, which meant less pressure on me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

£380000
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Simon Dale valued our house at a fair price and then negotiated an acceptable price for us. After we had introduced the buyer. Julie Howes worked very hard to keep us up to date with the progress of the sale but had to deal with a very evasive solicitor who appeared to do nothing for 2 weeks before departing on a weeks holiday. Her assistant was left to complete (and did so very well) with 1 day to go before our removal company had been booked.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE AGREED A FIXED RATE FEE BUT AS WE INTRODUCED THE BUYER FELT THAT THERE SHOULD BE A REDUCTION. AFTER NEGOTIATING WITH SIMON DALE WE AGREED ON A SMALLER REDUCTION THAN WE WOULD HAVE LIKED.”

32. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    NR31
    Simon

I have never posted a review before (good or bad) but felt compelled to do so in this instance. My wife and I recently viewed a property on sale with WHB Gorleston as prospective buyers. Today I received a phone call from them to get feedback (all normal and fine so far). Then 'Simon' asks me which agent my property is being marketed by and then begins insulting and berating that company, questioning their sales abilities, belittling the amount of properties they have at the moment and generally being rude about them. Now I'm sorry, but I feel that this is massively unprofessional, uncalled for and just plain wrong. He asked me to ''bare them in mind'' if/when my property doesn't sell with my current agent, well you have put me off ever wanting to conduct any business with you again I'm afraid. Appalling behaviour.

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Maybe act with some professionalism and decorum.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Stephanie Dawe
    £330000
    Terry BuyStephanie Dawe

Terry and his team were 1st. class and very professional in their approach. Helped us every step of
    the way in selling our house. they liaised with us, our buyers and solicitors to get a very satisfactory sale.
    Would not hesitate to recommend William H Brown Halstead.

Page: