Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

William H Brown

Agent rating: 2.7 out of 5.0 based on 203 ratings. This website contains 202 user reviews of William H Brown.

Offices / Branches

• 88 recommend
  • 115 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

William H Brown has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 7)

Page last updated on: 20-Dec-2014 15:11:30

1. A 5-star review by 'Claire Thomas' 17/12/2014

NR10

Sandy Anderson

Sandy was very efficient when I sold my cottage and bought my new house. She was friendly and professional throughout and was very helpful with any queries or concerns. Karen was very good too but most of my dealings were with Sandy. I can't fault the service we received. Both the sale and purchase went through smoothly and I feel that was down to the competence of all the William H Brown staff in the Reepham branch. Thank you.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mr T' 16/12/2014

Daniel Duffield
    £95000

Daniel Duffield

First impressions of Daniel Duffield and William H Brown was excellent especially with how quickly he could accommodate the viewing for me (next day). Daniel had all the answers for me when asked on the viewing, and any that he didn't he was quick to get the answers and call me back. Daniel really impressed us and thank him for everything.

3. A 5-star review by 'KBrown' 16/12/2014

nr12
    £100000

Thank you Daniel.
    We got there at last!
    Give my thanks to the rest of your team.
    You did an excellent job at selling a very difficult property.

4. A 5-star review by 'B' 11/12/2014

Daniel Trett, Hayley Burton Pye
    £190000

Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

I had Daniel come over to visit my property and he covered off all the information I needed to know before placing my home onto the market. He explained to me all the costs and arranged for everything to be done. The photos were professional, floor plans were excellent and the finish to the brochure was of a high standard.
    We had feedback promptly from the team and agreed a sale really quickly.
    Once the sale was proceeding, I had a lot of contact with Hayley who was really helpful with all paperwork I needed to complete was always able to assist me when I had problems. Hayley was extremely pleasant and friendly and helped me with any issues I had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN WENT OVER THE OPTIONS WITH ME AND I AM HAPPY HE DID AS THIS GAVE ME A HUGE UNDERSTANDING IN WHAT I WAS PAYING, WHEN AND WHERE. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.”

5. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Thank you for using Stalham William H Brown and we wish you the very best for the future.
  6. A 5-star review by 'Chrisb' 11/12/2014

Daniel Trett, Hayley Burton Pye
    £112

Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

During the sale of my property I was experiencing what I can only explain as bullying from a member of another estate agency. This left me feeling threatened and intimidated. Daniel and Hayley did a marvellous job of supporting me and helping me to remain calm while helping me to cope and deal with the position I was found myself in.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS PROBABLY THE BEST FEE THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO ACHIEVEFOR MY PROPERTY BUT OBVIOUSLY WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED MORE IF IT WAS OFFERED!!”

7. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Chris, Thank you ever so much for your kind comments. I am glad that we helped you with your move and wish you all the best for the future.
  8. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Mark Holden' 10/12/2014

Branch:
    38 High Street Bawtry (Austerfield) (Doncaster) (South Yorkshire)
    WF15
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

W M BROWN MARKETED MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSED THE AUCTION RESERVE PRICE TO BOOT! This case goes back to December 2012 where I'd commissioned W M Brown to sell my property by auction. It failed to sell, but two months further on I was horrified to discover they had actively continued to market it, entirely without my consent, and to cap it off they'd also disclosed the auction reserve price !! Needless to say this has caused irreversible damage to my marketing plans. I have been battling to get compensation ever since, firstly with Connells - their complaint department and subsequently took up with Ombudsman services. At time of writing it's December 2014 and it is still unresolved! W M BROWN ARE WITHOUT DOUBT THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Nothing - the damage has been done.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Mills' 10/12/2014

Allan Saunders, Hayley Burton Pye
    £180000

Allan SaundersHayley Burton Pye

We instructed the Stalham office to market our property and found them helpful in all aspects of the sale. When we wanted changes made to photos, a quick call and this was all taken care of. The offer and after sale process was straight forward and all taken care of by the Stalham team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH THE FEES PAID - ALL EXPLAINED BY DANIEL RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING.”

10. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Mrs Mills, Thank you for using us in Stalham and wish you all the best.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Mrs B' 10/12/2014

Dan Trett, Hayley Burton Pye
    £110000

Dan TrettHayley Burton Pye

Had my property on with another agent prior to going to the stalham office. I found Dan and his team incredible helpful throughout the transaction and was there for advice right from the start.
    I had contact with Hayley who assisted when Dan wasn't available - I want to thank Dan for all his hard work in this transaction and would advise using him and his team again in the future.
    I really appreciated the follow up call after the completion to see how I was doing and happily all settled into my new home.
    Thanks again and apologise for all the calls I had to make to you !!! Thank you for finally getting me moved.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED ALL THE FEES TO ME AND WAS HAPPY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT TO THEM.”

12. A 5-star review by 'JL' 10/12/2014

Dan Trett
    £185000

Dan Trett

Dan and team,
    Thank you so much to you and your team for all you have done to get us moving. You have been such a fantastic support and a very reassuring voice at the end of the phone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH ALL ASPECTS THAT WAS EXPLAINED TO US.”

13. A 5-star review by 'Melanie Ruse' 9/12/2014

NR31
    £135000

Jo Collins

Jo arranged our mortgage and was helpful and knowledgeable about the products. All the paperwork was completed easily and as this was our first buy to let property we were grateful for her help.

Adam spotted a potential better investment for us by recommending 2 flats instead of the terraced property we were originally looking at. This was excellent 'outside the box' thinking.

Laura updated us regularly and showed us round the properties. She was also very friendly and helpful.

1. A 4-star review by 'ALAN LISTER' 9/12/2014

Branch:
    16 Market Street (North Walsham) (Norfolk)
    SIMON DALE, JULIE HOWES
    NR28
    £194

SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Professional and friendly. Big plus compared to some others I contacted was all viewing were accompanied by the manager or a senior member of the team. Brochure was detailed and photographs were of a professional. quality. Julie Howes kept me updated at all times. Was happy with valuation price which was achieved, in fact more than £10k than valued by another agent. Only small gripe was sold sign was taken down 4 days before I moved, was given a satisfactory explanation by the manager.

“RECEIVED COMPETITIVE QUOTE.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Coates' 9/12/2014

nr10

Sandy Anderson

Fantastic service, communicated effectively right through the whole process. We had a couple of issues along the way with the chain, however Sandy worked really hard to ensure that completion happened on the agreed dates. small friendly team who work very well together.

3. A 5-star review by 'Mr Daviss' 8/12/2014

Hayley Burton Pye, Serena Payne
    £140000

Hayley Burton PyeSerena Payne

Happy with all aspects of service received with William H Brown. We received high levels of viewings, regular feedback and excellent after sales. Both Hayley and Serena were friendly and bubbly and really helpful when needed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PLEASED WITH THE FEE THAT WE PAID AND HOW THE WHOLE PROCESS WORKS WITH EVERYTHING UNDER ONE ROOF.”

4. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Mr Daviss, Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that both Serena and Hayley were able to assist you.
  5. A 5-star review by 'Mr R' 8/12/2014

NR29

Dan Gurney

Have used Dan and his team in the past and found them all very helpful. Managed to achieve a sale again for me with this property. Although the sale took it's time to go through the team in Stalham kept me updated with information and timescales. Will always be going back to see Dan in the future for our next house sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE AS ALWAYS EXPLAINED BY DAN WHEN WE INSTRUCTED HIM AND HAPPY WITH ALL SEVICES PROVIDED.”

6. A 4-star review by 'Sandra Russell' 6/12/2014

Branch:
    Royal oak House 18 Oak Street (Fakenham) (Norfolk)
    Susan Baker, Michelle last name
    NR21

Susan BakerMichelle last name

If I were to buy or sell a property I would choose W h Brown again. All staff in the office were knowledgeable and approachable. Both Susan Baker and Michelle Ives worked above their remit to ensure a successful outcome for me.

7. A 5-star review by 'daryl29' 5/12/2014

They arranged our mortgage
    Nr30
    £128500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

She helped us find the right mortgage for us, help us with lawyers and everything wouldn't of done it without her! ***** 5stars

8. A 5-star review by 'Happy_Buyer1' 5/12/2014

Branch:
    161 Unthank Road (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Pascale Welch
    Nr2

Pascale Welch

We have just bought our first home through Pascale at William H Brown Golden Triangle. Buying a house is certainly not an easy process, but all through the purchase we have known that Pascale will do her very best to progress things quickly and smoothly and keep us informed every step of the way.

Viewings are a pleasure with Pascale, as she is well informed but allows you space to explore the property for yourself.

Friendly, supportive and helpful, Pascale is also a tenacious, proactive and unflappable character. Super organised, she has great integrity and will track down answers and report back honestly.

Pascale is a great communicator, quick to act and respond and has gone above and beyond the call of duty in her role. We really cannot thank her enough for making her part of the process as painless as possible!

9. A 5-star review by 'Bill Cunliffe' 4/12/2014

Sandy Anderson, Karen Wyuts
    NR20

Sandy AndersonKaren Wyuts

When we put our house on the market Sandy Anderson was very helpful in giving suggestions on selling strategy and gave us hints and tips on how to show our house off to its best advantage. We then had a stream of 'viewers' and some offers. When an acceptable offer was received, WH Browns continued to act on our behalf, constantly keeping in touch with us. After several months, the 'buyer' due to unforeseen circumstances had to withdraw through no fault of ours or the estate agent and so without hesitation we instructed Sandy to put our house back on the market. Her enthusiasm, and her dedication assisted by her office colleague Karen Wyuts, soon had more viewers and eventually we had two prospective purchasers both making offers. With clever negotiating on our behalf by Sandy we sold at a higher price than we expected.
    I therefore have no hesitation in recommending WH Brown, and their excellent staff.

10. A 5-star review by 'Nina' 1/12/2014

They arranged our mortgage
    Allan Acton - Slaney, Mary Jordan-Fearns
    Nr29

Allan Acton - SlaneyMary Jordan-Fearns

I had been turned down from my own bank for a remortgage. Allan phoned me regarding having a valuation done on my property and agreed.While Allan was here I explained my predicament with the remortgage saga and he said book an appointment with Mary and see what she can do.I told him I hold out little to no hope.I met with Mary and to cut a long story short I now have the mortgage I thought I would have to get a second part time job for.Mary was fantastic,I am now paying 230 pound a month less. Huge thank you.

11. A 5-star review by 'Ninky' 1/12/2014

Branch:
    138 London Road North (Lowestoft) (Suffolk)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Aaron
    Nr32
    £500

Aaron

I've had brilliant service from start to finish, all very helpful especially Aaron helping me all the way through excellent staff!! Thank you!!

1. A 5-star review by 'Rob & Rita Edwards' 1/12/2014

NR20

Sandy Anderson

Sandy was extremely friendly and very professional throughout our house purchase. Although our house was empty, we got involved in a chain, with a very difficult person at the bottom of the chain! Sandy was the one person who did all the chasing. We sold a house through Fox & Sons in Dorchester (part of Sequence) and although they were 'our' Agents, they did not contact us as often as Sandy did. We would not hesitate in using the Reepham office again and would certainly recommend them to our friends.

2. A 5-star review by 'Callum Taylor' 1/12/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Gina
    NR30
    £825

Gina

First class attention to detail with regard to my requirements as a Landlord. Achieved a full price offer very quickly, exceeding my expectations in terms of price achieved and speed of tenant moving in.
    This is a repeat of my previous experience with Gina regarding another property last year. A 'surprise and delight'. Thank you.

“VALUE FOR MONEY.”

3. A 5-star review by 'J. Kal' 1/12/2014

Branch:
    5 Bank Plain (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Hayley Lyon
    NR1
    £119000

Hayley Lyon

I am very happy with the service I received. This was my first House purchase and waiting for solicitors to move things was most frustrating but the agents personnel I was dealing with was very supportive and kept me in the loop of what is happening. I found it was easier to talk to the agent rather than the third party conveyance team I was paying.

4. A 5-star review by 'B1966' 1/12/2014

£2000000

Dan Gurney

Everybody so friendly and willing to assist in all aspects of our purchase. No hesitation in dealing with any future business with the Stalham branch of William H Brown - Thanks to Dan and his team for everything !!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO US IN GREAT DETAIL AND THE TEAM ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.”

5. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Thank you for your comments - we look forward to working with you in the future.
  6. A 4-star review by 'Brown' 1/12/2014

£92500

Daniel Trett

A big thank you to the sales team at Stalham. They did an excellent job at selling a very difficult property. Thank you. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

7. A 4-star review by 'Allie Truman' 27/11/2014

Property Management
    Sarah Knott
    NR19

Sarah Knott

Sarah and the team are extremely efficient with the letting of our properties, paperwork and queries.
    Providing quick responses and going the extra mile for us as their clients

8. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 27/11/2014

NR28
    £104000

Jo Collins

Being a first time buyer I had absolutely no idea of the processes I needed to go through when applying for a mortgage, viewing houses, reading survey results, putting forward offers and buying the property. The help I received was invaluable and much appreciated!

9. A 5-star review by 'Stevens' 27/11/2014

Hayley Burton Pye
    £300000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Hayley Burton Pye

In the 5 1/2 months we spent searching and purchasing, only your office proved helpful and the other agents not so. Keep up the high standards. 95% of our communications were with Hayley who was always helpful, informed and cheerful. Well done !

10. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Thank you for the positive comments and I am pleased that Hayley was able to assist with you.
  11. A 5-star review by 'Miss Spearman' 27/11/2014

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    NR31
    £485
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This branch was recommended to me by a close friend and I wasn't disappointed. Everything was efficient and smooth, my property was let within 48 hours with an excellent tenant. I would always use William H Brown to re-let my property from now on and would certainly recommend them to any landlords.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH FEES AND RECEIVED EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.”

12. A 4-star review by 'Mr C Warner' 27/11/2014

Clare , Jo Collins
    nr31
    £107

Clare Jo Collins

Everything I needed to know was explained to me in a language that I could easily understand and follow. Whilst discussing the property and the mortgages I was given time to collect my thoughts and gather all the information required without feeling pressured to buy. It was a relaxed and enjoyable experience. Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ASKING PRICE WAS 105GRAND OR NEAR OFFER, WITH CLARE\'S HELP I WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN THE HOUSE FOR 107000. THANK YOU.”

Page: