FREE Valuation

William H Brown

Agent rating: 3.1 out of 5.0 based on 271 ratings. This website contains 270 user reviews of William H Brown.

• William H Brown has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 143 recommend
  • 128 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

Page last updated on: 26-Apr-2015 20:58:53

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 10)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy
    £220000
    Terry Buy

The process of purchasing the property was very smooth from start to finish. Any queries were dealt with speed and efficiency, which meant less pressure on me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 4 -star review by ''

SIMON DALE, JULIE HOWES
    £380000
    SIMON DALEJULIE HOWES

Simon Dale valued our house at a fair price and then negotiated an acceptable price for us. After we had introduced the buyer. Julie Howes worked very hard to keep us up to date with the progress of the sale but had to deal with a very evasive solicitor who appeared to do nothing for 2 weeks before departing on a weeks holiday. Her assistant was left to complete (and did so very well) with 1 day to go before our removal company had been booked.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE AGREED A FIXED RATE FEE BUT AS WE INTRODUCED THE BUYER FELT THAT THERE SHOULD BE A REDUCTION. AFTER NEGOTIATING WITH SIMON DALE WE AGREED ON A SMALLER REDUCTION THAN WE WOULD HAVE LIKED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Stephanie Dawe
    £330000
    Terry BuyStephanie Dawe

Terry and his team were 1st. class and very professional in their approach. Helped us every step of
    the way in selling our house. they liaised with us, our buyers and solicitors to get a very satisfactory sale.
    Would not hesitate to recommend William H Brown Halstead.

4. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    Simon
    NR31
    Simon

I have never posted a review before (good or bad) but felt compelled to do so in this instance. My wife and I recently viewed a property on sale with WHB Gorleston as prospective buyers. Today I received a phone call from them to get feedback (all normal and fine so far). Then 'Simon' asks me which agent my property is being marketed by and then begins insulting and berating that company, questioning their sales abilities, belittling the amount of properties they have at the moment and generally being rude about them. Now I'm sorry, but I feel that this is massively unprofessional, uncalled for and just plain wrong. He asked me to ''bare them in mind'' if/when my property doesn't sell with my current agent, well you have put me off ever wanting to conduct any business with you again I'm afraid. Appalling behaviour.

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Maybe act with some professionalism and decorum.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

JULIE HOWES
    NR12
    £126000
    JULIE HOWES

The agency gave an excellent service.We had minor delays with the owners,however these were dealt with without too much anxiety.This was thanks to Julie Howes.

6. 1

Branch:
    276 High Street Dovercourt (Harwich) (Essex)
    Jamie Reid
    CO12
    Jamie Reid

Agent was dishonest and did not represent the seller, unfortunately he was more interested in just getting a quick sale and getting his fixed fee (at whatever cost to myself).

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23-24 Market Hill (Sudbury) (Suffolk)
    CO10
    £124000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

It was a real mixed bag buying through WH Brown. Oringinally very positive and helpful, most of which was dealing with the independent mortgage broker. Problems only came about regarding the �1000 buyers incentive. It is an absolute con. I do not know how they get away with offering this as it is false advertising and ties you in to completely unfair terms.

In getting the �1k buyers incentive I was told I HAD to use their chosen solicitors, Atwells in Ipswich. They wanted to charge approx �1800 for fees. I felt this was way too much and asked around. No-one quoted... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Terry Buy, Irena Coulthard
    Co9
    £240000
    Terry BuyIrena Coulthard

Excellent service - professional from valuation to sale. Great pro active communication. Would definitely reccomend this agent to anyone looking in the Halstead area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Holt) (Norfolk)
    Richard Ling, Liza Pepper
    NR25
    £222500
    Richard LingLiza Pepper

Provided excellent service in order to obtain a sale. All members of staff dealt were good to deal with, provided the back up that I needed as this wasn't my main residence and I live 140 miles away, and helped to push the sale through from start to finish.
    A nice friendly atmosphere meant, that even if you had to make contact several times in one day, they had time for you.
    Would highly recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE FINE - THE ORIGINAL VALUATION THAT I WAS GIVEN WAS A LONG WAY OFF, BUT I APPRECIATE THAT DIFFERENT MEMBERS OF STAFF HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS, AND AT THE END OF THE DAY I OBTAINED THE SALE THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Michelle , Christine Howell
    £65
    Michelle Christine Howell

During the house sale Michelle was always bright, cheerful and positive, she was a delight to speak to. Nothing was ever too much trouble for her and she always called back when she said she was going to. There were some stresses during the sale towards the end, as things were finally falling into place, she kept in touch daily to give the sale a final push through. A real treasure for William H Brown in Fakenham to hold onto very well done Michelle and thanks for everything.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Michelle Ives, Susan Baker
    £325000
    Michelle IvesSusan Baker

We recently sold a property through this particular branch and found the whole procedure as painless as possible. The sale was not easy due to external issues but I found all the staff pleasant, polite, helpful and a credit to a profession which has historically been viewed with some distrust.
    In particular I must mention Michelle who has always been the most positive cheerful person I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. She was always professional and a credit to both the office and the company as a whole.
    I would definitely recommend this office and company without reservation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    52 High Street (Stalham) (Norfolk)
    Hayley Burton-Pye
    NR29
    £250000
    Hayley Burton-Pye

We were purchasing our property through these agents, the property was a new build (but the build was complete at time of our offer) and there was only us in the chain as we had sold our property and moved into holiday accommodation as our buyers needed a quick move (four weeks), we did this thinking it would only be a few weeks before we completed on our new home, unfortunately we didn't take in to consideration the builders solicitor who was not speedy to say the least, as we only had a limited time in the holiday rental things began to get a bit desperate this is when Hayley Burton Pye stepped in and immediately took all the worry and chasing off our shoulders, she chased the builders solicitor and builder for documents etc, spoke to our solicitors and updated us on a daily basis, this resulted in contracts being signed and exchanged within two weeks, Hayley is a credit to her branch and and asset to William H Brown an all round very good estate agent. We would like to thank Daniel Trett and his team who always dealt with our queries promptly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

NR20
    £260000
    sandy anderson

Both Sandy and Karen were very professional, friendly, helpfully and reassuring. Should I ever have a reason for using an estate agent again W H Brown Reepham would be my first choice. They were a delight to do business with.

15. 1

Terry Buy, Marie-Kate
    co6
    £700
    Terry BuyMarie-Kate

Excellent service from Terry, suggesting I view a property, which I did, and we then purchased. Terry was punctual at the first and second viewings, gave us professional advice on the purchase and also potential for letting. Terry then introduced me to the letting team at Sudbudy who then arranged for a prospective tenant to view, ahead of completion. Result we have secured a tenant on the day we completed the purchase. Great service from Marie-Kate and the rental team at Sudbury too.

16. 1

Branch:
    5 Bank Plain (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    NR2
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Everything went out just fine. They were professional and replied to all questions fast. I would go again with the same agent and recommend them to friends.

17. 1

Nr10
    £152250
    sandy anderson

Excellent service. Sandy was extremely helpful, friendly and worked extremely hard to ensure we exchanged contracts. It was nice to know someone was always there to help at the end of a telephone. Thoroughly recommended.

18. 1

sandy anderson, karen norwich
    Nr10
    £20500
    sandy andersonkaren norwich

Couldn't asked for better service! Karen was prompt,friendly & super helpful.Sandy was constantly kind caring, extremely organised, & knowledgeable ,

19. 1

Terry Buy, Stephanie Dawe
    Terry BuyStephanie Dawe

We contacted W H Brown to set up viewing times for 2 properties. They were efficient at setting up the appointments. We decided to purchase the second property which has gone through effortlessly. We used their advice and provisions to set up our mortgage, insurance and solicitor. All parties kept us well informed of developments and procedures through SMS, phone and email. On completion all fell into place and happily we collected the keys well in advance of our expectations. Thank you to everyone, a great team.

20. 1

NR20
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very friendly approachable staff went that extra mile to keep us informed through the stages of the purchase. Questions answered with vendor quickly and professionally and reassured by both members of mentioned staff when queries raised. Excellent communication skills responding to messages left on their answer phone. Would recommend Reepham office to friends etc...

21. 1

NR10
    £202500
    sandy anderson

We were very pleased with the service we received in purchasing our Cottage. Throughout the process Sandy was very responsive, understanding and helpful and we would not hesitate in recommending her services to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

23. 1

Branch:
    47 King Street (Barnham) (Thetford) (Suffolk)
    IP27
    £187950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were interested in buying a property with WHB. We viewed the propert twice before putting in an offer. They didn't call to state it had been rejected. We always had to ring them. After a conversation and advice we offered full asking price. We didn't hear anything so rang again! WHB stated the buyer was nervous as it had fallen through before. She'd feel more comfortable if we had our mortgage with WHB. I was not happy with this, as who provides our mortgage should have no effect on the sale. I felt it was WHB trying to make more �. Therefore we cancelled the offer and will not buy through them.

24. 1

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Holt) (Norfolk)
    Richard Ling
    NR26
    £275000
    Richard Ling

We'd tried to sell our house through a different agent before using William H Brown without success and chose to move our business to William H Brown because Richard and the team at Holt were so proactive in trying to find us something suitable to purchase. We re marketed our property via them and within a very short space of time we had an offer - I think from the first people who viewed the property! The process from that point to completion was long ( due to the chain above us), but Richard kept us informed every step of the way and kept our buyer happy when things weren't progressing as quicker as we had hoped with our onward purchase.

Really great experience of an Estate agent and the wine just before completion was a nice touch! :- ) would definitely recommend to anyone looking to sell. Thank you to all the team at Holt for making the stressing experience of house moving almost bearable!

25. View All Comments (1)by malcolm  14/03/2015

Do you not just think it was the right person at the right time Richard had my property on his books for twenty weeks and did absolutely nothing, I found him a disgrace. He lied to me never communicated. I went to watsons and they sold it instantly. Nothing but good things to say about watsons in holt!! Richard is a liability
  26. 1

Branch:
    23 Market Place (Aylsham) (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Pete Ward
    Nr25
    Pete Ward

Very little next to no contact
    Only interested in figures and hitting targets
    Would never use william h brown
    Absolutely no personal touch
    Rude, the viewing lady told, told me to remove my shoes before entering a house - not advised, asked but rudely told.
    Total disgrace of an agency

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£90000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My husband was critically ill this Christmas and we needed to return to Italy where we had private medical insurance. I rang WH Brown on 23rd December as I needed to sell my flat in Fakenham in order to top up the funds for the one in Rome and get settled quickly. What I liked best about WH Brown in Fakenham is that they work as a team. Susan is an excellent manager as she listened to my needs. I was even prepared to put the flat up for auction. I was pleased to hear that they had staff who could deal with that aspect as well. In fact I didn't need to as they recommended that I use their... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY REASONABLE AND THEY EARNED EVERY PENNY OF IT!”

28. 1

Nr9
    £140000
    sandy anderson

The service that sandy provided was excellent, no job was to big. The process of buying the house was really smooth. As we are first time buyers, we had lots of questions and sandy was able to assist us and explain things. Sandy has been excellent support through out the process and has kept up to date regularly via phone calls and emails, she was brilliant at returning our calls if we did not catch her. Can not fault william h brown excellent service.

“N/A”

29. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

CO6
    £135000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We decided to sell our house through William H brown as we know they have nationwide coverage and have had dealings with them in the past. Initially we were dealing with one person who made endless mistakes and his lack of interest was clearly visible. He was politely asked to leave the company :). The next person we dealt with was spot on! he contacted us regularly to update us on there next moves for getting in viewings. He worked out of hours to show people round as we were not able to do so. He updated us with peoples feedback. Most importantly, he always called back when he said he was going too. At the end of the day, all parties have one goal and that is to sell a property, which we did achieve. We felt like our property regardless of monetary value or size, was just as important to them as any other. I think this particular estate agent, has had the wrong people managing it in the past, but it is certainly now changing for the better and once again the whole team seem to be on the ball and ready to work hard for their clients.

30. 1

£215000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We would like to thank Julie and her team for all the assistance they gave us during the purchase of our new property. Julie kept us informed every week on the progress of the chain ahead of us.
    Once again we would like to say thank you for all your help.

31. 1

Glenn Thomas
    £142500
    Glenn Thomas

The assistance received from the start of the process was exemplary. At certain times a great deal of assistance was required and this was given in a very professional but empathetic way. The sale process became quite difficult towards the end but we alway felt that we were being well looked after and the members of staff had our interests at heart.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    23-24 Market Hill (Sudbury) (Suffolk)
    CO10
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Agent, took all prospective buyers to the property which was unoccupied, thus saving us the hassle of doing it ourselves. They kept us informed each time they did this with feed back from the clients. They were always friendly and courteous. They were there to help and did so,always returning telephone calls and I never once got the impression anything was too much trouble. I was very happy with the service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY APPEAR TO BE THE SAME AS OTHER LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS, SO WERE NEITHER BETTER OR WORSE THAN THEIR COMPETITION. I WOULD REGARD THEM AS FAIR.”

33. 3
    people found this

Branch:
    7-9 Cowgate (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    PE2
    £425
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very unprofessional and rude.They failed to pay back my overpaid rent for over 2 months now-and still no sign of it.Checking out procedure is unacceptable.There's no respond to complaints or compensation.Very poor service

Page: