Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FREE Valuation

William H Brown

Agent rating: 3 out of 5.0 based on 246 ratings. This website contains 245 user reviews of William H Brown.

Offices / Branches

• 123 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

William H Brown has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 02-Mar-2015 10:09:15

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

1. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    30 High Street (Halstead) (Essex)
    CO6
    £135000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We decided to sell our house through William H brown as we know they have nationwide coverage and have had dealings with them in the past. Initially we were dealing with one person who made endless mistakes and his lack of interest was clearly visible. He was politely asked to leave the company :). The next person we dealt with was spot on! he contacted us regularly to update us on there next moves for getting in viewings. He worked out of hours to show people round as we were not able to do so. He updated us with peoples feedback. Most importantly, he always called back when he said he was going too. At the end of the day, all parties have one goal and that is to sell a property, which we did achieve. We felt like our property regardless of monetary value or size, was just as important to them as any other. I think this particular estate agent, has had the wrong people managing it in the past, but it is certainly now changing for the better and once again the whole team seem to be on the ball and ready to work hard for their clients.

2. A 5-star review by ''

£215000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We would like to thank Julie and her team for all the assistance they gave us during the purchase of our new property. Julie kept us informed every week on the progress of the chain ahead of us.
    Once again we would like to say thank you for all your help.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Glenn Thomas
    £142500
    Glenn Thomas

The assistance received from the start of the process was exemplary. At certain times a great deal of assistance was required and this was given in a very professional but empathetic way. The sale process became quite difficult towards the end but we alway felt that we were being well looked after and the members of staff had our interests at heart.

4. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    23-24 Market Hill (Sudbury) (Suffolk)
    CO10
    £180000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Agent, took all prospective buyers to the property which was unoccupied, thus saving us the hassle of doing it ourselves. They kept us informed each time they did this with feed back from the clients. They were always friendly and courteous. They were there to help and did so,always returning telephone calls and I never once got the impression anything was too much trouble. I was very happy with the service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY APPEAR TO BE THE SAME AS OTHER LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS, SO WERE NEITHER BETTER OR WORSE THAN THEIR COMPETITION. I WOULD REGARD THEM AS FAIR.”

JULIE HOWES
    NR11
    JULIE HOWES

I found this agent very helpful. Julie kept me informed of all that was happening during the period of purchasing the property. The Estate Agents recommended the solicitors, as I was living a long distance from Norfolk. My only slight reservation was that the communication from the solicitor was not brilliant. Apart from that i was very happy with William H Brown's service to me personally.

6. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    7-9 Cowgate (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    PE2
    £425
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very unprofessional and rude.They failed to pay back my overpaid rent for over 2 months now-and still no sign of it.Checking out procedure is unacceptable.There's no respond to complaints or compensation.Very poor service

7. A 5-star review by ''

nr20
    £230000
    Sandy Anderson

We had our house on the market with 2 other agents before we asked William h brown and they didn't seem to be getting very good results and so we decided to try William h brown and they were professional and very approachable people to deal with and sold our house within 4 weeks of being with them.
    Would recommend

8. A 5-star review by ''

NR22
    £245000
    Michelle Ives

We were brilliantly looked after by Michelle Ives, she was very efficient and informative, incredibly professional and when our first sale fell through she immediately leapt into action and we had sold it again by the end of the week. The whole process has been smooth and easy and this is mainly down to her work ethic and helpfulness. Michelle was friendly and a delight to work with and I would strongly recommend her to anyone. I would say she is a credit to your company, I have only spoken to Michelle over the phone but every call was productive and helpful. THank you

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE DISCUSSED IN ADVANCE AND WE WERE HAPPY WITH WHAT HAS BEEN ARRANGED, OBVIOUSLY WE ALL WOULD LIKE TO PAY THE SMALLEST AMOUNT IN FEES BUT WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY WITH WHAT HAS BEEN ARRANGED.”

9. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    47 King Street (Barnham) (Thetford) (Suffolk)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    ip24
    £140000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Found it very hard to sell with them, I have had to get involved each step to correct their mistakes. After 5 bookings of which only person showed up they claimed feedback from viewings was the house was up for too much. I pointed out they only had feedback from one person and they priced the house. Also trying to buy a new house with them is painful as you never hear back about appointments

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    7-9 Cowgate (Peterborough) (Cambridgeshire)
    pe2
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Poor. Complete rip off charges. Staff incompetent. Repair service not punctual or reliable. Overall one charge after another and a complete rip off. Cowboy outfit.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RIP OFF FEES FOR AGENT TO DO NOTHING”

1. A 5-star review by ''

Daniel Trett, Serena Payne
    £50000
    Daniel TrettSerena Payne

I am very happy with the photographs and description, a great improvement from the previous agents we have used.
    I would like to thank both Serena and Mr Trett for all the effort you have put into promoting the bungalow.
    Thank you.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO US.”

2. A 5-star review by ''

Nr21
    £130000
    Michelle Ives

Michelle was very helpful and welcoming when we first viewed the property, and was bubbly and very smiley every time we spoke. In which made the whole experience more relaxed and friendly. They kept us informed and up to date in a professional manner, me and my partner were very happy with the service and would definitely use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY HAPPY. ME, MY FIANCéE AND ARE LITTLE BOY ARE ENJOYING ARE NEW HOME :)”

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Hall Quay (Great Yarmouth) (Norfolk)
    Nick Burman
    NR29
    £125000
    Nick Burman

I was with another company for over 8 months and within two weeks of changing to WH Brown my property was sold. Admittedly I lowered the price as I was after a quick sale and fortunately WH Brown found me a buyer straightaway.

I have nothing but praise for their service and would recommend them.

4. A 5-star review by ''

sandy anderson, karen norwich
    nr10
    £368000
    sandy andersonkaren norwich

We found the staff at Reepham office always available when needed in what was a very tricky process and even after completion are still there for any concerns with the property.

£325000
    Hayley Burton Pye

I was happy with the work the stalham team did for us in helping us with our house purchase. We dealt mainly with Hayley and even when the vendors were difficult to get hold of Hayley managed to chase and chase until she got the answers we needed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES PAYABLE AS WE WERE BUYING THROUGH WHB.”

6. A 5-star review by ''

Susan Baker, Michelle Ives
    NR22
    £250000
    Susan BakerMichelle Ives

Susan and Michelle did an excellent job in selling my property. I know they must have had 16 viewings or more and just kept going. They also were always prompt and helpful in their reactions and made sure the sale went ahead as quickly as possible.

7. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    35-36 Silver Street (Lincoln) (Lincolnshire)
    Ln2
    £125000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Bought this property the seller works in the office and had a house she wanted and requested if the purchase could be done quickly so new owners could put their christmas trees up in there new houses we did everything asked and pushed our solicitors to complete mid dec not for our benefit but the sellers. Big mistake!!! We got the keys to the property after paying and found a horror house not far from houses from hell on tv!! The house had not been cleaned it was absolutely (and I'm not exaggerating) the cooker was full of years worth of grease and grime it was like a hobo had been living... (read more)

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“NOTHING WILL EVER TEMP ME TO USE THIS FIRM AGAIN”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  8. View All Comments (1)by AM Development  18/02/2015

I purchased using William h brown, the house was a repossessed one and was in a really really bad mess, undeterred I put in an offer and after a little bit of back and forth the offer was accepted. About a week or so later after I had put about £600 into fee's it get a phone call from William h brown saying another offer had been submitted the nature of the sale is that the house remains on the market until exchange of contracts, I was forced to increase my offer twice In order to continue with the purchase, William h brown said that they had explained the situation to the other party who was Gazumping me and he decided to not put any more offers in. I honestly don't believe that the other party even existed and it's my opinion that William h brown was just pushing for more money. Further to this when I got the keys for the house the visitors log was left at the house upon inspection of this log there was only a small number of viewings that was weeks before the "higher offer" put forward. As with everything I think their out to rip you off where ever possible.
  9. A 5-star review by ''

Hayley Burton Pye, Dan Trett
    nr29
    £112500
    Hayley Burton PyeDan Trett

Everything we received from William H Brown Stalham was what we expected. The team kept us up to date in all aspects of advertising and during the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALL FEES WERE EXPLAINED TO US BY DAN FROM THE START.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

NR29
    £112500
    Hayley Burton Pye

I WAS REALLY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING THAT WILLIAM H BROWN IN STALHAM DID FOR ME DURING THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING MY NEW HOME. HAYLEY WAS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL, ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS QUICKLY EVEN LATE IN THE DAY WHEN I RETURNED FROM WORK.
    EXCELLENT WORK - THANK YOU!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES PAYABLE TO WHB AS BUYING”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Daniel Trett, Hayley Burton Pye
    £142000
    Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

We had Dan come out to see us at the property one evening which we were really impressed with as other agents wouldn't do anything after 5. Our appointment was at 6pm so straight away we knew we were going to use Dan and his team.
    Dan measured up everything and took details as we walked him around explaining all the work we had done over the past 12 months. He gave good advice on what and where to finish, and explained to us how would be best to present it to potential buyers.
    We had a great explanation of marketing, fees etc from Dan during his visit and found this incredibly helpful in... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED ALL THE FEES TO US WHICH WE WERE REALLY HAPPY WITH AND APPRECIATE THE TIME HE SPENT GOING THROUGH ALL THE DETAILS”

1. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    jake feasy, simon mickelburgh
    nr31
    £500
    jake feasysimon mickelburgh

I found WHB management of checking out extremely poor, failing to take keys off tenanat and not reading meters (for the second time) and getting inventories incorrect, when I made a complaint they did not value my feedback, and whilst acknowledging my complaint was correct offered an insulting level of compensation which left me feeling unvalued as a client.
    WHB/ Sequence is too big, landlord are treated as numbers, I am getting far better service from a smaller local firm who take far more interest in me and my properties, namely Howards of gorleston, they are poles apart!

Comments on the Agents fees

“SERVICE I RECEIVED WAS POOR CONSIDERING THE LEVEL OF FEES”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“having raised a reasonable complaint I felt their arrogance in dealing with my complaint came across, they did not effectively deal with the issues that I raised, leaving me feeling unvalued, when I raised this and said I would take my business elsewhere they just effectively said, ok good luck. Firms like this are not worth dealing with...go to the smaller ones who value your business...”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  2. View All Comments (1)by Simon  26/01/2015

At our branch in gorleston , I am of course disappointed that you have not had a good experience, but unfortunately this review is about another branch in Great Yarmouth (who deal with all lettings ) and not our branch in Gorleston. I have tough contacted our lettings manager to let them know about the disappointment.
  3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    jake feasy, simon mickelburgh
    nr31
    £500
    jake feasysimon mickelburgh

Comments on the Agents fees

“SERVICE I RECEIVED WAS POOR CONSIDERING THE LEVEL OF FEES”

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    161 Unthank Road (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Dominic Newman-Sanders, mark bird
    NR2
    £345000
    Dominic Newman-Sandersmark bird

From the moment Dominic took on our property he did an excellent job, keeping us well informed and abreast of all developments. He also managed negotiations with potential buyers brilliantly and secured a great price on our property. Huge thanks to Dominic, Mark, Darren and Pascale for helping our sale go through with a minimum of fuss

NR11
    Sandy Anderson

Our purchase took a long time to complete due to unforeseen technicalities (not the fault of the estate agent). However, throughout Sandy kept us informed of the situation and ensured we did not lose heart. She has been the most helpful member of an estate agent team we have ever dealt with and we cannot praise her highly enough.

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    23 Market Place (Aylsham) (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Chris smith
    Nr11
    £240000
    Chris smith

After a difficult situation with another agency Chris and his team took over my property and sold it quickly. What impressed me was their professional approach; keeping me informed and involved and being considerate and flexible. They were also approachable and friendly and always returned my calls promptly unlike other agents i have used in the past.
    Thank you. Angela

7. A 5-star review by ''

Daniel Duffield, Hayley Burton Pye
    £150000
    Daniel DuffieldHayley Burton Pye

I was kept up to date with all aspects on the purchase by the stalham team - they explained to me everything and helped the sale go through.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DIDN\'T HAVE ANY FEES TO PAY”

8. A 5-star review by ''

Hayley Burton Pye, Mary Jordan-Fearns
    £250000
    Hayley Burton PyeMary Jordan-Fearns

Mary and Hayley were incredibly helpful with all aspects of this transaction. We used Mary to do our mortgage and she was really helpful with everything. Both Mary and Hayley answered all our questions quickly and we can't thank them enough for everything.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH ALL FESS INVOLVED.”

9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Hall Quay (Great Yarmouth) (Norfolk)
    Sarah Knott, Gina
    NR31
    £650
    Sarah KnottGina

We have had a very professional experience with both Sarah and Gina from the start of our tenancy, they have been great dealing with the on going issue of the heating within the property, they have worked well within the constraints of the landlord and have offered a very pleasant service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

JULIE HOWES, SIMON DALE
    JULIE HOWESSIMON DALE

We were happy with the service we received from William H Brown, especially Julie Howes who kept us up to date with the progress of the sale. Simon Dale was very enthusiastic on his approach about selling the property and we understand that he was tying to get the best price possible but feel he was a bit optimistic with original valuation of £145,000 as we had to take a drop of £15,000.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Bank Plain (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Selene
    NR70
    Selene

I wanted to say how much I appreciated the support of Selene whilst my parents were buying their bungalow. It wasn't just her professionalism and efficiency but the cheery and positive way that she passed on information. There was no assumption that the answers to any queries should be known.

Page: