Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

William H Brown

Agent rating: 2.9 out of 5.0 based on 229 ratings. This website contains 228 user reviews of William H Brown.

Offices / Branches

• They manage our building1
  • They are our factor
  • They manage our estate

• They arranged our mortgage4
  • Re-Mortgages (Prospective Customer)
  • Mortgages (Prospective Customer)

• Surveys

• 110 recommend
  • 119 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

William H. Brown is part of Sequence(UK) Limited one of the largest national networks of estate agents throughout the country.

William H Brown has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use William H Brown, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 8)

Page last updated on: 26-Jan-2015 12:09:40

Hayley Burton Pye, Dan Trett
    nr29
    £112500

Hayley Burton PyeDan Trett

Everything we received from William H Brown Stalham was what we expected. The team kept us up to date in all aspects of advertising and during the sale.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALL FEES WERE EXPLAINED TO US BY DAN FROM THE START.”

2. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    jake feasy, simon mickelburgh
    nr31
    £500

jake feasysimon mickelburgh

I found WHB management of checking out extremely poor, failing to take keys off tenanat and not reading meters (for the second time) and getting inventories incorrect, when I made a complaint they did not value my feedback, and whilst acknowledging my complaint was correct offered an insulting level of compensation which left me feeling unvalued as a client.
    WHB/ Sequence is too big, landlord are treated as numbers, I am getting far better service from a smaller local firm who take far more interest in me and my properties, namely Howards of gorleston, they are poles apart!

Comments on the Agents fees

“SERVICE I RECEIVED WAS POOR CONSIDERING THE LEVEL OF FEES”

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“having raised a reasonable complaint I felt their arrogance in dealing with my complaint came across, they did not effectively deal with the issues that I raised, leaving me feeling unvalued, when I raised this and said I would take my business elsewhere they just effectively said, ok good luck. Firms like this are not worth dealing with...go to the smaller ones who value your business...”

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    142 High Street (Gorleston-on-Sea) (Norfolk)
    jake feasy, simon mickelburgh
    nr31
    £500

jake feasysimon mickelburgh

Comments on the Agents fees

“SERVICE I RECEIVED WAS POOR CONSIDERING THE LEVEL OF FEES”

£142000

Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

We had Dan come out to see us at the property one evening which we were really impressed with as other agents wouldn't do anything after 5. Our appointment was at 6pm so straight away we knew we were going to use Dan and his team.
    Dan measured up everything and took details as we walked him around explaining all the work we had done over the past 12 months. He gave good advice on what and where to finish, and explained to us how would be best to present it to potential buyers.
    We had a great explanation of marketing, fees etc from Dan during his visit and found this incredibly helpful in... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED ALL THE FEES TO US WHICH WE WERE REALLY HAPPY WITH AND APPRECIATE THE TIME HE SPENT GOING THROUGH ALL THE DETAILS”

Hayley Burton Pye
    £112500

Hayley Burton Pye

I WAS REALLY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING THAT WILLIAM H BROWN IN STALHAM DID FOR ME DURING THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING MY NEW HOME. HAYLEY WAS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL, ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS QUICKLY EVEN LATE IN THE DAY WHEN I RETURNED FROM WORK.
    EXCELLENT WORK - THANK YOU!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES PAYABLE TO WHB AS BUYING”

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    161 Unthank Road (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Dominic Newman-Sanders, mark bird
    NR2
    £345000

Dominic Newman-Sandersmark bird

From the moment Dominic took on our property he did an excellent job, keeping us well informed and abreast of all developments. He also managed negotiations with potential buyers brilliantly and secured a great price on our property. Huge thanks to Dominic, Mark, Darren and Pascale for helping our sale go through with a minimum of fuss

NR11

Sandy Anderson

Our purchase took a long time to complete due to unforeseen technicalities (not the fault of the estate agent). However, throughout Sandy kept us informed of the situation and ensured we did not lose heart. She has been the most helpful member of an estate agent team we have ever dealt with and we cannot praise her highly enough.

Daniel Duffield, Hayley Burton Pye
    £150000

Daniel DuffieldHayley Burton Pye

I was kept up to date with all aspects on the purchase by the stalham team - they explained to me everything and helped the sale go through.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DIDN\'T HAVE ANY FEES TO PAY”

Branch:
    23 Market Place (Aylsham) (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Chris smith
    Nr11
    £240000

Chris smith

After a difficult situation with another agency Chris and his team took over my property and sold it quickly. What impressed me was their professional approach; keeping me informed and involved and being considerate and flexible. They were also approachable and friendly and always returned my calls promptly unlike other agents i have used in the past.
    Thank you. Angela

Hayley Burton Pye, Mary Jordan-Fearns
    £250000

Hayley Burton PyeMary Jordan-Fearns

Mary and Hayley were incredibly helpful with all aspects of this transaction. We used Mary to do our mortgage and she was really helpful with everything. Both Mary and Hayley answered all our questions quickly and we can't thank them enough for everything.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH ALL FESS INVOLVED.”

Branch:
    5 Bank Plain (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Selene
    NR70

Selene

I wanted to say how much I appreciated the support of Selene whilst my parents were buying their bungalow. It wasn't just her professionalism and efficiency but the cheery and positive way that she passed on information. There was no assumption that the answers to any queries should be known.

2. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    16 Market Street (North Walsham) (Norfolk)
    JULIE HOWES, SIMON DALE
    NR28

JULIE HOWESSIMON DALE

We were happy with the service we received from William H Brown, especially Julie Howes who kept us up to date with the progress of the sale. Simon Dale was very enthusiastic on his approach about selling the property and we understand that he was tying to get the best price possible but feel he was a bit optimistic with original valuation of £145,000 as we had to take a drop of £15,000.

3. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    3 Hall Quay (Great Yarmouth) (Norfolk)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Sarah Knott, Gina
    NR31
    £650

Sarah KnottGina

We have had a very professional experience with both Sarah and Gina from the start of our tenancy, they have been great dealing with the on going issue of the heating within the property, they have worked well within the constraints of the landlord and have offered a very pleasant service.

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Aberdeen City)
    Helen Riseborough
    Nr24
    £115500

Helen Riseborough

Under what wasn't the easiest of deals, everyone in the office remained thoroughly professional and helpful at all stages of the process. They were very patient towards my situation and allowed things to flow without hassling me and allowing things to flow.

During the process Helen was my main point of contact within the office. She was always always polite, bubbly and as helpful as possible, no matter what happened.

Overall I was very happy with the service I received and would use them again.

Branch:
    The Old Fire Station Albert Street (Holt) (Norfolk)
    Helen Riseborough, Liza Pepper
    NR26
    £115500

Helen RiseboroughLiza Pepper

I honestly think that WHBrown have done extremely well under the circumstances. Everyone has been pleasant, helpful and efficient and above all else the service has been first class.
    I would recommend people to sell their house through William H Brown Holt.
    I found the overall service from Richard Helen Liza and Jan outstanding!!

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Royal oak House 18 Oak Street (Fakenham) (Norfolk)
    NR22
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is a hIghly professional office which gave me advice and a lot of support finding builders and other trades to smooth the way.

Branch:
    Royal oak House 18 Oak Street (Fakenham) (Norfolk)
    NR 2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have used Browns in Fakenham to purchase a property and have found all the staff who we have had contact with to be very helpful. In particular Michelle, she has been helpful and has responded to every query and e-mail from us quickly and professionally.
    We would be very happy to deal with Browns and Michelle again.

Branch:
    161 Unthank Road (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Dominic Newman-Sanders
    NR2
    £190000

Dominic Newman-Sanders

All the staff were very professional and helpful throughout the sale of our house. They worked hard to arrange an excellent number of viewings and gave prompt feedback. The Negotiator worked hard on our behalf during the final discussions with the purchaser. Having the Estate Agents office near to the house was very convenient.

NR11
    £165000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Estate agents traditionally may have held a tainted image - the folks at WH Brown Reepham blow that pre conception away.

Their finger is on the pulse constantly, aware of and co-ordinating with, my buyer and both sets of solicitors.

In two words - excellent service. Would I use them again? Absolutely. No hesitation.

Branch:
    23 Market Place (Aylsham) (Norwich) (Norfolk)
    Jane Bowditch
    NR
    £208000

Jane Bowditch

My brothers and I engaged W H Brown to sell our parents property following their death last year.
    As I live in Australia, I needed someone who could be trusted to act in our best interest and could provide timely updates regarding the sale of the property.
    Ideally this information should have been supplied by the Conveyancer but sadly their service was less than satisfactory.
    What I can say is that Jane Bowditch the sales negotiator at the Aylsham branch of W H Brown was absolutely fantastic - she went out of her way to provide regular progress reports, including check lists of outstanding documentation for us to chase up, all in a very professional and friendly manner. I would certainly recommend her services to anyone who is looking at buying or selling in this area. Well Done Jane, and thank-you! x

Comments on the Agents fees

“JANE WAS NOT THE PERSON WE FIRST DEALT WITH (CANNOT REMEMBER HIS NAME) BUT WE WERE CERTAINLY LED TO BELIEVE THAT WE WOULD GET AT LEAST 225,000 AND IN A FAIRLY SHORT TIMEFRAME. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN SO I WAS OBVIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SALES PITCH FROM THE FIRST SALES PERSON. JANE TOOK OVER ONCE WE HAD A BUYER AND IT IS HER SERVICE WHICH HAS STOPPED ME FROM WRITING A POOR REVIEW AND QUESTIONING THE FEES”

Mary Trett, Dan Trett
    £185000

Mary TrettDan Trett

We found most of our contact was through Mary Trett who is the after sales coordinator. She was excellent, always able to assist where needed. We think this is a great idea for estate agents to have a dedicated member pushing the sale through to exchange, unlike most estate agents who once have agreed the sale leave it to the sols and individuals involved. We have dealt a lot with estate agents and this is the first time we came across a after sales coordinator - more agents should do this like William H Brown do!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NO FEES PAID AS WE WERE THE PURCHASER.”

2. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    16 Market Street (North Walsham) (Norfolk)
    JULIE HOWES
    NR28
    £125000

JULIE HOWES

Once a sale had been agreed Mrs HOWES was efficient in chasing the solicitors and buyer to ensure best progress was made. She updated us via phone as frequently as we requested and was always polite and courteous even though at times it was probably as frustrating for her as it was for us.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL THE AGENT FEES WERE IN LINE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENTS IN THE AREA.”

3. A 5-star review by ''

Nr20

Sandy Anderson

Could not rate highly enough. We were given a superb service from everyone involved in finding us the perfect property through to the purchase of our home. The help and advice given did not stop there.
    We were new in Norfolk and needed help in finding local tradesmen to repair and renovate our home.
    Once again it was William H Brown who we turned to, and once again Sandy Anderson turned up trumps. Thanks to Sandy our relocation was an enjoyable experience and I take this opportunity to thank her and fellow staff and take no hesitation in recommending them to all.

£185000

Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

The feedback received from the team was excellent and prompt - Dan came over to measure up and take photos and the particular were produced really quickly. The standard of these were excellent and the photos really looked impressive. Can not fault Dan and his team for everything they have done.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DAN EXPLAINED ALL THE FEES TO US FROM THE BEGINNING AND WE WERE HAPPY TO PAY THIS.”

Branch:
    138 London Road North (Lowestoft) (Suffolk)
    Aaron
    NR33
    £650

Aaron

Aaron and Ellie were professional, honest, efficient and very helpful throughout the entire process. They dealt with everything in a very timely manner and nothing was ever too much trouble. I will definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

6. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit C1 , 6 Peak Square (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Tenant)
    S20
    £800
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We requested a viewing of this property on 19th December and were advised that the earliest we could view it was 23rd December at 4pm. We asked for an earlier viewing but we're told this couldn't be arranged. We were also advised that there had been no other viewings and none were arranged. We arrived at the agreed time and after 15 minutes rang the agent who said the viewing had been cancelled. When asked why we hadn't been informed they couldn't say. After then being put on hold we were told that a letting had been agreed. Totally unprofessional and no surprise the industry has a bad reputation.

What could William H Brown do to change your mind??

“Told the truth and contacted us when they had decided to cancel the viewing.”

NR10

Sandy Anderson

Sandy was very efficient when I sold my cottage and bought my new house. She was friendly and professional throughout and was very helpful with any queries or concerns. Karen was very good too but most of my dealings were with Sandy. I can't fault the service we received. Both the sale and purchase went through smoothly and I feel that was down to the competence of all the William H Brown staff in the Reepham branch. Thank you.

Daniel Duffield
    £95000

Daniel Duffield

First impressions of Daniel Duffield and William H Brown was excellent especially with how quickly he could accommodate the viewing for me (next day). Daniel had all the answers for me when asked on the viewing, and any that he didn't he was quick to get the answers and call me back. Daniel really impressed us and thank him for everything.

Daniel Trett
    nr12
    £100000

Daniel Trett

Thank you Daniel.
    We got there at last!
    Give my thanks to the rest of your team.
    You did an excellent job at selling a very difficult property.

£112

Daniel TrettHayley Burton Pye

During the sale of my property I was experiencing what I can only explain as bullying from a member of another estate agency. This left me feeling threatened and intimidated. Daniel and Hayley did a marvellous job of supporting me and helping me to remain calm while helping me to cope and deal with the position I was found myself in.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS PROBABLY THE BEST FEE THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO ACHIEVEFOR MY PROPERTY BUT OBVIOUSLY WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED MORE IF IT WAS OFFERED!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  11. View All Comments (1)by Daniel Trett  11/12/2014

Chris, Thank you ever so much for your kind comments. I am glad that we helped you with your move and wish you all the best for the future.

Page: