Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents

Agent rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 based on 183 ratings. This website contains 183 user reviews of Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents.

Filter Reviews

• 9 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Wilkinson Byrne are a lively and enthusiastic independent firm of estate agents boasting two busy offices in Bounds Green and Turnpike Lane specialising in Residential Sales, Letting and Management.

Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 7)

Page last updated on: 19-Apr-2014 00:17:25

1. A 5-star review by 'Lewis' 15/4/2014

Farran Harris, Neil Connor
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Farran, Neil and Emmanuel were all extremely helpful throughout the process - they were proactive in helping to push the process along, happy to help explain next steps and a pleasure to deal with.

2. A 5-star review by 'Ben Keith' 14/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just purchased my second proerty with Wilkinson Byrne. I went to them as the most friendly and straightforward of the estate agents I have dealt with. They were efficient and dealt with all the issues that arise quickly. Making the whole process painless. Thank you

3. A 5-star review by 'Ben Keith' 11/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

This is the second property I have purchased with Wilkinson Byrne. They are friendly and helpful. The whole process was managed excellently and I was fully informed of the process. They conducted themselves professionally and gave excellent advice. They even dealt with all the hitches that occurred without any trouble.

4. A 5-star review by 'JLA' 8/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Wilkinson Byrne were proactive in marketing the property and arranging viewings promptly. They were quick to inform us of market interest and during the selling process helped in contacting the solicitors.

5. A 5-star review by 'MB' 7/4/2014

Daniel Theobald, Bilal
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Daniel and Bilal were very supportive during a very protracted property search. The communication was always good between us, them and the vendor and they understood our property needs. We are now in a lovely home and very grateful for their service. If we ever decide to sell will be going straight to WB.

6. A 5-star review by 'Louise' 3/4/2014

Neil
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We recently bought a property through Wilkinson Byrne and, overall, were really pleased with our experience. Some of the other staff at the office sometimes seemed a little short (disinterested/unresponsive) on the phone but we dealt almost entirely with Neil. He was at all times most professional, extremely helpful and efficient. He responded to emails and phone calls really quickly and was always there when we needed to ask him questions and when we needed him to liaise between the seller or solicitors. He also recommended a damp proofing company when we needed one (and arranged for them to do a survey of the flat!) and solicitors, which we really appreciated. He could not have been more helpful. Because of him our experience of buying was absolutely wonderful. On this basis I could not recommend WB highly enough. Really impressed.

7. A 5-star review by 'Paul G' 27/3/2014

Farran Harris, Neil
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Found a buyer in reasonable time frame. They liaised well between the various solicitors, the buyer and the buyers mortgage broker ensuring everything moved along in good time. They also kept me informed of progress. Very happy with the service

8. A 5-star review by 'Jane' 26/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very helpful service. Quick, clear and helpful response to all queries. Very useful assistance with finding suppliers for gas and electricity check. Thank you very much!

9. A 5-star review by 'James' 26/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I requested a valuation through Rightmove and Wilkinson Byrne seemed the most keen to help. They organised plenty of viewings and kept me updated throughout. When an original sale fell through, viewings were arranged for the following weekend resulting in two higher offers. They also assisted me with a builder for essential work. I would happily recommend Neil, Farran and Emmanuel to anyone looking to sell in the area.

10. A 5-star review by 'Paul Fletcher' 20/3/2014

N13
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

These guys never stopped working until the deal was done. They kept the pressure on the solicitors to push the process along and we're always available. I can't recommend them highly enough!

1. A 5-star review by 'Ness' 14/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We brought our house through them. It ended up a long process with a seller who didn't understand the process very well, and lots of unexpected hiccups but none due to WB. Faran was very helpful in managing it all. He even encouraged the seller to come into their office to help him complete forms which was incredibly helpful to both the seller as well as us.

2. A 5-star review by 'Jon' 11/3/2014

Neil Connor, Farran Harris
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We bought a flat through Wilkinson Byrne - our first flat. At first, Neil dealt with us and he was brilliant. We had a few issues early on - we couldn't negotiate a deal on the first property we liked. On the second one, the vendor pulled out a couple of times. But Neil really helped us through it and seemed determined to find us somewhere.
    It was quite a long winded process - it took nearly six months to complete - not through any fault of WB. But we got there eventually and Neil and then Farran were both really helpful and explained everything we needed to know. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking to buy.

3. A 5-star review by 'GL' 10/3/2014

Rudi refati
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found Wilkinson Byrne a brilliant Estate Agents and I am very happy to have become a tenant through them. Rudi was very welcoming to me from the very beginning and very clear about everything that I needed to do and what deadlines were important for me with regards to what I needed to provide and which documents. I found the whole team very friendly and approachable, they let me know that I can come in to the office at any time. The viewing was also made as soon as possible and I didn't feel rushed when I was inside the property and I was not in any way pushed to make any difficult decisions quickly. Having had difficulty with other Estate Agents in the past, it was great to feel valued and respected as a prospective tenant.

4. A 5-star review by 'Nikos' 7/3/2014

Farran Harris, Emmanuel Pobee
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very honest, trustworthy agents. Hard working, efficient people, with great experience in the housing market. From the very first conversation I knew I could trust them.
    Thank you, Farran, Emanuel, Adam and Neil!
    You 've been a pleasure to deal with.
    We cannot wait to move into our beautiful new home!
    Thanks a million!
    Nikos & Catia

5. A 5-star review by 'Nick' 6/3/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

After visiting one property with them that we weren't too keen on, they phoned us up a week later to inspect a new flat which just became available. They invited us to their nice branch office and took us to the apartment, all the time being really helpful and informative and taking their time for us.

The process thereafter went quite swift and they were constantly on the case making sure that we were informed about what was happening.

Overall very pleased with their professionalism and service.

6. A 5-star review by 'Viktorija' 6/3/2014

Rudi refati
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Great friendly service. Gave us a lot of good information straight away in the viewing and sorted out all the paperwork and other urgent things fast and just in time.Definitely one of the most helpful angencies I have dealt with from what can I say now!

7. A 5-star review by 'Rick' 3/3/2014

Emmanuel Pobee
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found Emmanuel really friendly and helpful. I felt as if he was working in in my interests also and I felt a good rapport throughout the process. I found all the WB staff helpful if I rang and Emmanuel was not there.
    I have always been nervous of dealing with some of the larger agencies in London, some of them having such bad press & reputation. I liked WB as it was a smaller firm and felt more personal and as though they actually cared about their customers - there were no awful agents success charts on a white board or bell to ring every time a sale went through!

8. A 5-star review by 'Rick' 3/3/2014

Emmanuel Pobee
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had a really good rapport with Emmanuel and he was great to deal with and helped me through the purchase process which had a tricky aspect to it. When I called WB the staff were always friendly and helpful so I would recommend them again.

9. A 5-star review by 'CH' 25/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Farran was brilliant from start to finish. The purchase was complicated in parts and took longer than expected, but he kept on the case with all parties to push things through as quickly as possible. Great communication and support. I'd highly recommend buying or selling though this agent.

10. A 5-star review by 'JackFarrenKerr' 20/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

They were very professional, prompt and helped manage the process without a fuss while ensuring a fair market price. I would recommend using Wilkinson Byrne

1. A 5-star review by 'Anon' 17/2/2014

N8
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The house we bought had a boundary dispute issue which only became apparent as the sale was going through. The buyer should have sorted this issue before taking the house to market or disclosed the issue when offers were being made. However, Farran was excellent and went above and beyond to try and get the dispute resolved as quickly as possible. He chased the neighbours almost every day for weeks and spoke to the lenders involved as well. We were very impressed. Everyone we dealt with at Wilkinson Byrne was very pleasant. Would recommend.

2. A 5-star review by 'Stanislava Mitkova' 16/2/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Mr Conty is a very kind. He was answering all our questions
    and requests quick, patiently and aquratly. We were very lucky having him as an agent to
    to do our deal. We will highly recommend Mr Conti and Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents to our
    friend and people asking for property.

3. A 5-star review by 'jZZ1' 29/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Most helpful i hearing what we were looking for, and showing us only properties which matched our requirements. Able to provide us with access to the properties in which we wer interested to view at short notice, and willing to show us round more than once.

Was quick to contact the seller with our offer, and to keep us in touch with bothe the seller and his solicitor throughout the contract / exchange / completion process.

4. A 5-star review by 'Oliver' 27/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

David was very helpful and happy to work overtime to show us the property on two occasions. He was also very good at negotiating with the landlord for improvements to the property and securing favourable terms for us.

5. A 4-star review by 'ZHONG' 20/1/2014

Daniel Theobald, David Conti
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I sold my flat via Wilkinson Byrne last year. It was a success. My flat was under offer on asking price less than 1 week. The following sale process was not easy but I had a lot help from Daniel and David. Thanks a lot again.

6. A 4-star review by 'John Holmes' 20/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

David was very helpful in enabling my partner and I to move house within a quite tight time-frame over the New Year, from Tonbridge in Kent to Union Road N11, where we are now renting. In particular he made it very easy for us to view the property at convenient times, and got all the tenancy paperwork ready for us in advance, so that we could sign and move-in quickly, despite Christmas and New Year closure. Both David and Daniel in the Bounds Green office have also been helpful in relation to our ongoing purchase of a property in Ollerton Road, though sometimes we would have liked a little more frequent communication - even if not much to report. One other tiny thing, I think it would be good if all the staff said their name when answering the phone, so I know who I'm speaking to!

7. A 1-star review by 'Langhamroad Flat' 15/1/2014

Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

- The agency is not reachable by phone OR if so, the agent on the phone does not have a clue
    - The agency does not pay back deposit, I am running behind my deposit since over 1 month
    - Emails in this matter a cronically ignored

My next steps: Talking to Deposit Protection Service. If no agreement can be made, I will go to court.

This is the worst letting agency experience I ever had!

What could Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“The agent could just pay my deposit, but is not doing so now since over 1 month”

8. A 5-star review by 'Cynthia' 15/1/2014

David Conti, Bilal
    N14
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

David and Bilal were friendly, courteous, approachable and professional. They helped me find a flat in difficult and stressful circumstances that was exactly what I was looking for, in the price range that I was looking for, all which helped a stressful situation be just a little less that. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

9. A 5-star review by 'Diana' 14/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I had the pleasure of knowing David for several months when I was looking for letting a new property in North London. He is very organised, motivated and reliable, responsible and providing best service

10. 1
    person found this

A 5-star review by 'AH' 10/1/2014

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We highly recommend the Harringey branch of Wilkenson Byrne. The sale of our house came at a particularly stressful time for us and I can say with all honesty, that the professionalism and support provided throughout by the gentleman at this branch went a long way towards getting us through the ordeal. They know their stuff and are very efficient. Farren in particular went ( and still is doing months down the line by sending us our post from time to time) above and beyond what I have ever experienced from an estate agent before, making endless calls on our behalf and easing the pressure as a consequence. They have been around for a while, so they are very connected, which can be very useful. This is an extremely hard working team, well-mannered team who will go out of their way to ensure that your home gets sold quickly but at the right price. They will also tell you straight and that is important amidst all the stress. If we still lived in London, I would use them for all our sales in a heartbeat. I am very thankful to them for their hard work, they earned every penny!

Page: