Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Wooster and Stock - Camberwell, SE5

Branch rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 35 ratings. This website contains 35 user reviews of Wooster and Stock - Camberwell, SE5.

Agent Overview

what?

Smartphone? Scan It!

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 2390 out of 21696 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.4 out of 5.00

• 30 recommend
  • 5 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

Get a Quote

This branch is also ranked:

5 out of 15
in the SE5 League Tables
564 out of 3746
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Wooster and Stock, SE5

A description of Wooster and Stock in SE5 in London is currently unavailable.

No photo or video of branch available

Opening Hours

Registered With

UNKNOWN

Areas Covered

UNKNOWN

Wooster and Stock has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Wooster and Stock, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 01-Oct-2014 11:15:57

1. A 1 Star review by  Disgruntled, Tue 11th March 2014

Property Management
    Graham Lacey, Bruce Alsen

Graham LaceyBruce Alsen

As property managers, they let a large property to us without cleaning properly (dust, debris and mold), one bedroom was uninhabitable for the first two weeks due to refurbishment work that we were told was finished but wasn\'t, mountain of rubbish bags left outside front door, gas leak at time of moving in deemed "imminent threat to life" by British Gas, external doors and windows not lockable. Refusal to take responsibility for or deal with issues. Property not managed well (by same company) during previous tenancy and property not in a fit state when let to us.

What could Wooster and Stock do to change your mind?

“Agent could have taken responsibility for issues with the house and honoured their management contract to look after the house and maintain the property.”

View All Comments (2)by Management  14/03/2014

We’re sorry you’ve had such a bad experience renting your property and any distress this may have caused. Please note, Wooster & Stock (Lettings) LLP was sold over a year ago and Luke Wooster Ltd t/as Wooster & Stock is a new company concentrating their efforts purely on sales. The individuals mentioned in your review do not work for Wooster & Stock and do not represent us as a company in any way. I would encourage you to contact the individuals involved directly to solve any disputes. We hope you have better luck renting in the future. All the best, Wooster & Stock.
  2. 1

A 5 Star review by  Jenny + four, Mon 17th February 2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The time between offering on this property and moving in was much longer than we expected it to be and probably longer than average. However at every stage in our protracted negotiations with the vendors, Thanh was fair and honest in his assessment and handling of the problems. I do wonder whether we would have proceeded with this purchase if we had not received such helpful service from Thanh. Thank you Wooster and Stock, If I had used Foxtons, I would still be looking!!

3. 1

A 5 Star review by  Matt, Fri 1st November 2013

Molly Commens, Aimee Fancourt

Molly CommensAimee Fancourt

The agents gave a thorough and accurate description of the pricing and the steps they would follow to sell the property. The communication was excellent with regular updates and I managed to sell my property in a relatively short time.

4. 2

A 4 Star review by  CHebblet, Fri 1st November 2013

Luke Bishop

We\'ve had dealings with Wooster and Stock a few times over the last few years, while we decided whether to sell or not. Throughout they\'ve been professional, courteous- and patient! Overall we\'ve been very impressed and would not have gone with any other agency.

5. 1

A 5 Star review by  Greg Jarvis, Fri 25th October 2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Very good experience with Wooster & Stock buying our first property. Julia was great to deal with and the completetion executed extremely well. Highly recommended!

6. 2

A 5 Star review by  V Fraser, Sun 22nd September 2013

Luke Wooster

The real local knowledge that Wooster Stock bring meant that despite valuing our much loved house at a figure significantly higher than the other 3 agents who viewed it, Luke Wooster was entirely confident that they could achieve the price. He was proved right when we got an asking price offer in two weeks. The showing and sale were handled by Julia Russell who is expert, professional and always easy to contact. It was clear that our purchasers found her as approachable and friendly as we did. The details produced for our house are worth a special mention too; beautiful photography and blurb with wit!

7. 2

A 5 Star review by  Will Beck, Sun 8th September 2013

, Aimee Fancourt

Aimee Fancourt

Wooster and Stock are rightly the premier agents in this part of South East London. This must be due primarily to the refreshing approach to the customer- there are no tricksy ploys used to either snare business or attract panic-buys; instead they value well and accurately and expend effort taking great photos and writing appealing descriptions, then do what they can to smooth the two halves of the sale. It\'s not applied calculus, but it is rarer than it should be. One can only hope that other agencies learn something from their successful approach.

8. 1

A 5 Star review by  Matthew Corrie, Thu 1st August 2013

Se5

Dominique Spens

I recently bought my first property through Wooster and Stock. The service I got was phenomenal and Dominique was always happy to help with what was quite a complicated purchase. I had been looking in the area for a while and I can honestly say that there is no comparison between these agents and some of the others I used. I would strongly recommend Wooster and Stock and I will certainly use them again in the future.

9. 2

A 5 Star review by  gofish, Fri 12th July 2013

Ali Devlin

Wooster and Stock made our house buying experience, although not exactly easy, as good as it could have been. Ali in particular worked hard not only to do her own job perfectly but also to make up for the defects in us, our seller, our solicitors and our mortgage company! She was always contactable and a pleasure to deal with.

10. 4

A 5 Star review by  Gareth Valentine, Tue 25th June 2013

Luke Bishop

Luke Bishop dealt with this sale in a firm-handed, reassuring way. This man went above and beyond the call if duty dealing not just with the sale but with my vendor and his agent in order to keep the chain \'sweet\' and informed. He was cheerful, industrious and guided the sale with abject professionalism and good manners. If ever the role of estate agent was tarred with an unsavoury brush, this was its polar opposite. I recommend Wooster & Stock and Luke in a heartbeat - everything was made easy and, most importantly, the communication and informativeness was always first division making a rocky process all the smoother.

1. 1

A 5 Star review by  KK, Fri 21st June 2013

Dominique Spens

Really proactive throughout and keen to find out what we really wanted / what suited our demands and personal taste. Always made sure to show me new properties as soon as they became available and took her time. Great flow of communication and even emailed me back on her day off! Overall I couldn\'t have asked for better service and would happily recommend the agency and Dominique Spens to anyone who\'s looking to buy!

2. A 3 Star review by  Paul harvey, Tue 18th June 2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I feel the agents do not work with the seller, if you are moving out of the area as you are no longer seen as a potential client and almost a hinderance . When the details of the sale were passed over to my solicitor for payment, Wooster and Stock charged 1.5% and not 1.25% as previously advised and agreed in my contract with them. CHECK YOUR INVOICE CARFULLY. On the day of completion I went to the estate agents to drop off my keys, only to find they had moved office without advising me (how difficult is it to advise all current clients of the new address) the excuse the phone lines have only gone live, do we not all use mobiles now!!!!!! On the plus side the website,pictures and marketing is excellent, I met with Luke and Gemma and I can\'t fault them. If only they were available for all viewings

3. 1

A 5 Star review by  Charlie G T, Sat 8th June 2013

Ali Devlin

From the start we received an informed and helpful service and never felt like we were being pushed into anything. We had had previous experiences of being shown bad properties by other agents who failed to recognise the negative aspects of the properties. Not so with Wooster and Stock who always gave the impression that we were there to make the decision ourselves. Ali (Devlin) was lovely to work with and incredibly efficient despite the fact that this was the first property we had bought and were learning as we went along. can\'t recommend highly enough. Charlie

View All Comments (1)by Ali Devlin  11/06/2013

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I wish you all the best in your new home - hopefully we can help you again in the future.
  4. 1

A 5 Star review by  Robiniho, Tue 4th June 2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I found Wooster Stock very friendly and helpful (I know all agents to buyers are) but as I was particularly demanding with regarding the fact it had taken an extremely long time to find a good place I had a lot of fears and wanted everything done quickly. They were always ready and cheerful in assisting me with my purchase. I was impressed by the response time. I never felt that they left me waiting.

5. 4

A 5 Star review by  Claire Morris, Tue 19th March 2013

se15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Its always great to have your faith restored in Estate Agents and Wooster & Stock did just that and more. A professional but friendly service from the start. I met with Luke who valued my property and from that moment on I was confident I was in good hands. No wide boy chat from these guys. The property was photographed beautifully and the write up was honest, witty and informative. Thanh was fantastic in advising us on everything from pricing, arranging viewings, to negotiating more challenging parts of the sale. Always proactive and on top of everything, more so than my Solicitor, so someone like Thanh is a real asset when your not familiar with the world of property buying and selling. Prior to selecting Wooster & Stock to sell my property, I had been advised to market my property for a lot less and for higher fees and frankly the advice from a huge, well known chain was amateur. I cannot reccomend Wooster & Stock highly enough and if I sell a future property, they would undoubtedly be my first choice.

6. 6

A 1 Star review by  800poundsdown, Thu 7th March 2013

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Bruce Alsen, Ewen McFee

Bruce AlsenEwen McFee

Moved into an overpriced decrepit house on Grove Lane owned by Wooster & Stock. Upon moving in my room was unlivable, with an entire wall covered in damp and the whole room covered in filth. It took 3 months of unanswered emails for Bruce to send someone to fix the wall. In between those three months the damp spread throughout my room and into the bathroom. I always dealt with a different estate agent each time I spoke to W&S, and none of them seemed to communicate with one another, so I was always getting different information. On top of that we had no heat and Bruce didn\'t send... (read more

What could Wooster and Stock do to change your mind?

“When you confront Bruce he acts like an awkward child who cannot face issues with his house. He will ignore all emails - only visits to the actual office resulted in action. It\'s almost laughable how awful W&S is. Don\'t use them.”

View All Comments (1)by Luke Wooster Ltd.  07/06/2013

Luke Wooster totally understands and empathises with you with regard to the problems you endured during your tenancy. Wooster & Stock (Lettings) LLP was sold earlier this year and your tenancy and return of your deposit would now be managed by Boston Property. Bruce would continue to be your point of contact if this has not been resolved already. Luke Wooster Ltd t/as Wooster & Stock solely concentrates on the sale of property.
  7. 2

A 5 Star review by  Dan Barraclough, Sat 15th December 2012

Luke Wooster

Luke and his team provided an excellent service. They understood quickly what we were looking for and Luke has a nice laid back manner. More importantly, he clearly knows the area and so I felt I could trust his judgement. They were always accomodating with viewings (we had 3). Crucially, they kept the pressure on both sides to reach settlement before completion but did so with a friendly manner.

8. 2

A 5 Star review by  Keith, Thu 13th December 2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

They suggested a significantly higher price than any other agent proposed, obtained it, and calmed my nerves while waiting to achieve it (I had a deadline). They showed nothing but calm professionalism and i had no qualms about leaving them with keys and negotiations.

9. 2

A 5 Star review by  Kerry Pollard, Thu 13th December 2012

, Robert Huntly

Robert Huntly

Wooster & Stock had managed my tenanted property for many years and given an exceptional service so I had no hesitation in appointing them as Agent when I wanted to sell my property. They were totally professional, polite, attentive and very speedy - I sold within a short time at the asking price. I am delighted and would recommend them without reservation.

10. 1

A 4 Star review by  Alastair, Thu 13th December 2012

Luke Bishop, Julia Russell

Luke BishopJulia Russell

In total the property was on the market for 6 months. It took a while for viewings to get going and then it felt like things slowed down. Whether this was due to a slow period in the market or an element of inactivity on the part of the agent I really couldn\'t say for sure. However, with the introduction of a new agent (Julia Russell) a suitable offer was accepted and a sale was achieved quickly and successfully. Julia was there to help with the problems that come with seeing a sale through and worked hard to keep the solicitors, seller and buyers well informed and in constant discussion. Keeping a sale ticking over without any lulls is no mean feat and it\'s generous acts such as Julia providing a contact number whilst on holiday that really makes the difference.

1. 5

A 2 Star review by  Christina, Mon 10th December 2012

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am still quite shocked how Wooster & Stock has treated us after we moved out from one of their properties. There\'s been a complete lack of communication, and it took over 3 months to get our deposit back after numerous call, e-mails and showing up at their office. At one point I was even worried that we would never get our money back. If I knew how horrible we would be treated I would never have used this agency, and I would strongly recommend everyone to stay away from them, especially if you\'re a student and not one of their "valuable" clients. I\'ve sent them an e-mail to complaint, but haven\'t recieved an answer.

“One word: communication”

View All Comments (1)by Wooster & Stock Camberwell  17/12/2012

Wooster & Stock deal with a huge number of students tenants, as many agents in the area do not entertain the student market at all, we make a point to ensure that students are given advice and guidance and offer a good selection of properties that would not usually be available to students, furthermore Wooster & Stock are frequently invited to student housing days and offer advice and support to students – we and our landlords very much value our student tenants. The property in question is a large and old Georgian house let to a large group of house sharers. As in all tenancies... (read more)
  2. 4

A 4 Star review by  Jonathan, Thu 6th December 2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

The good thing was that Wooster and stock sold my property although the price achieved was less than hoped for.Like a lot of other property in South London I had had subsidence issues in the past which put a lot of people off and allowed negotiation from the eventual buyers. Wooster and Stock were able to get a lot of potential customers through the door so we had lots of viewings. The viewings were all carried out by the staff and they communicated well with us over this. It seems that they have a strong presence in Camberwell so I felt that they tapped into the potential interest very well.

3. 2

A 5 Star review by  Virginia Bridge, Tue 4th December 2012

SE4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Wooster and Stock provided a very professional service throughout our sale. They provided good advice and handled our very difficult buyer very well. Excellent quality of publicity and sales promotion - very polished marketing, which led to a good price for our house in a time when it\'s difficult to sell. It felt like a very bespoke service, always attentive to our needs - a good balance of personal and professional. I would highly recommend Wooster and Stock to anyone wanting to sell in this area.

4. 2

A 5 Star review by  Sophiam, Fri 19th October 2012

Julia Russell

Julia Russell

It was an extremely slow and frustrating process arranging the sale of my property and it felt like it was never going to happen. I thank Wooster and Stock for helping negotiate with the seller and for their flexibiltiy in letting me view the flat and gain access. Their style is relaxed, unpushy and enthuisiastic. I am so pleased to move to the Camberwell area and the more I find out about it, the more I love it. Thank you Julia!

5. 4

A 5 Star review by  Slade Carter, Tue 26th June 2012

Julia Russell, Luke Bishop

Julia RussellLuke Bishop

Wooster and Stock worked hard in all aspects of selling our property. We chose them because they showed real enthusiasm for our house great knowledge of the area and a proven track record at obtaining excellent sale prices. The marketing, photographs and description of our house were terrific. They worked with a journalist to have our property feature in a real estate column. We were initially disappointed by the small number of viewings, however, we went under offer after three and a half weeks. The agent always provided prompt feedback on viewings. The agent was good at transmitting communications between ourselves and the buyers.

6. 8

A 5 Star review by  Purdy, Tue 12th June 2012

Thanh Phan, Luke Bishop

Thanh PhanLuke Bishop

I have bought and sold through Wooster and Stock a couple of times now and they never fail to make the experience feel both smooth and effortless. They are a unique agent in their very personable approach, ability to understand you and their portfolio of property is consistently a cut above the rest. Having just sold my house last week I wanted to write and say how happy I was with the whole team at the Camberwell office. An accurate valuation, superb photography & property particulars and excellent liaising skills made for a quick and pleasurable sale. Thank you to Luke, Paul, Becky, Julia and Thanh!

7. 7

A 5 Star review by  Mr and Mrs Cronin, Wed 16th May 2012

Becky Munday

We sold our house in Camberwell through Wooster & Stock last July. The sale was in no way straight forward and Becky was thoroughly calm, patient and professional throughout the process. Our Solicitor remarked that she had never worked with an estate agent of such a high standard in over 30 years of practice. We have no hesitation in recommending W&S if you are thinking of selling a property in South London.

8. 7

A 5 Star review by  Lesley Knight, Tue 15th May 2012

Becky Munday

I sold my flat through W and S in July 2011, I found them professional in every way. The flat sold within 7 days and Becky was not only extremely helpful, but negotiated efficinetly with the buyers and enabled the sale to go through smoothly. Their local knowledge and success was the reason I selected them and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to others.

9. 6

A 4 Star review by  jonnya, Sun 13th May 2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Very pleased with this agent\'s down-to-earth approach and efficiency. Would recommend them without hesitation!

10. 6

A 5 Star review by  M Lovell, Sat 12th May 2012

Becky Munday

Becky was very patient and helpful, and once I had visited a few properties, she knew exactly the type of property I was interested in. Wooster and Stock were very good at communicating at all times, managing the offer process well, and after the offer was agreed were happy to arrange to visit the house to plan how my furniture would work. I highly recommend their personal and professional service.

Page: