...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Woking Branch, GU21

Branch rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 110 ratings. This website contains 110 user reviews of Townends - Woking Branch, GU21.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

4 Commercial Way
Woking
Surrey
GU21 6ET

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 178 out of 25222 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.75 out of 5.00

• 109 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

3 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
2 out of 51
in the GU21 League Tables
2 out of 56
in the Woking League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, GU21

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

GU18GU25
GU21KT14
GU22KT15
GU23
GU24
Central Woking & the surrounding villages

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 28-Aug-2015 23:15:06

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Buyer)
    gu22
    £190000
    Justin StevensonJordan Sturgess

What should have been a simple transaction turned out to be much more complicated, but Townsends helped wonderfully to see the whole thing through to the end. Thank you!

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

£378
    Justin StevensonJordan Sturgess

The guys at Townends were very supportive and informative to me during my sale & purchase experience. I have been told by various people during this particular property process that it was one of the most difficult to achieve. However, with Townends support, plus their `in house` legal team, I am now very happily in the position of having bought the exact house I want and sold realistically. I consider the team at Townends plus its former members at Regents to be friends. Very many thanks to them for `delivering`!

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Daniel Le Boudec, Charles Webber
    £1575
    Daniel Le Boudecno photo
    Daniel Le BoudecCharles Webber

Our family came from Korea and everything was new and strange. It was no exception to letting a house. In one day, I had to ride a vehicle for 4 hours just to find that the house we wanted was let agreed by someone else right before we arrived. I thought it was unethical for an agency not to inform that there are other potential tenant and to indicate us to come over for viewing. But with Townsend, there were no such problem at all. It was so easy for us to find a house and to successfully agree on terms. Charles showed me the house and explained details thoroughtly, Vicky McCourt sorted out things on the terms and conditions even with her tight schedules, and Daniel helped our family when we visited his office by printing some private documents for us upon our request. Overall, I would recommend Townsend to whom I know closely when they want to find a good agency.

4. A 4 Star review by  ,

£345000
    Justin StevensonJordan Sturgess

Open house arranged and marketed. As I was away all communication was with my tenants. Everything was well organized and followed through. Prospective buyers followed up and second viewings arranged. Offer negotiation was fair and sale agreed within one week.

5. A 4 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge

Quite happy with the way they initial agreement formalities and at the same time closure procedure also they have done fairly good.

6. A 4 Star review by  ,

Gu21
    £1250
    Charles Webber

Very helpful, found us many houses that suited us And found us a perfect family home. Havnt heard much from them since moving in but we deal with the landlord directly if any problems.

7. A 4 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    £795
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

Townends were quick to respond to my enquiry through Rightmove. Although did send multiple requests for filling in my requirements (no. of bedrooms/budget etc.). All staff I dealt with were friendly and approachable and requests were dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIRLY EXPENSIVE - PARTICULARLY FOR ADMIN. HOWEVER SIMILAR FEES ARE CHARGED BY OTHER AGENTS.”

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

£2450
    Charles Webber

Charles Webber was very good agent in that he was polite, proactive, and responsive to my needs in letting the property and managed to let for me for a reasonable price. He acted on all what he promised to do and also was honest in passing on to me what the tenant requested to sort out in the property prior to moving in on the 1st of August.2015.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE AGENTS FEES ARE REASONABLE AND ARE IN LINE WITH THE FEES I PAY FOR MY OTHER PROPERTIES.”

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Justin Stevenson, Daniel Le Boudec
    £240000
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec

I chose Townends and in particular Justin Stevenson to manage the sale of my property. The valuation he gave was realistic (better than two other agents!). He identified at our initial meeting the type of buyer required and subsequently found someone withing 10 days of the property being on the market. My only criticism of the entire conveyancing process was the length of time from offer to completion. This may be due to the solicitors as recommended by Townends in which case I believe the process between the two companies should be reviewed. Finally I was kept up to date and given feed back as appropriate.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE NEGOTIATED AND AGREED THE FEE, WHICH WAS IN LINE WITH OTHER AGENTS.”

10. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1350
    Charles Webber

Townends is a good agency and agents do make an effort to find the right property for their customers. Charles in particular is very polite and thoroughly professional. He is very approachable and knows his job very well. The only negative point I can make here is their charges are too high. For a two bed flat for two adults, the total agency charges are in the region of �875. This includes agency fee, reference check fee, and check in/out. This is way too high from standard agency charges of �500 in Woking and should be reviewed by Townends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY NEGATIVE POINT I CAN MAKE HERE IS THEIR CHARGES ARE TOO HIGH. FOR A TWO BED FLAT FOR TWO ADULTS, THE TOTAL AGENCY CHARGES ARE IN THE REGION OF £875. THIS INCLUDES AGENCY FEE, REFERENCE CHECK FEE, AND CHECK IN/OUT. THIS IS WAY TOO HIGH FROM STANDARD AGENCY CHARGES OF £500 IN WOKING AND SHOULD BE REVIEWED BY TOWNENDS.”

11. A 4 Star review by  ,

GU2
    £975
    Charles Webber

I found Charles Webber a competent agent with excellent up-to-date knowledge of property market. His outstanding negotiating skills and indispensable detailed knowledge of letting business combined with his friendly attitude convinced me to give Townends a second chance to rent out my property after my first experience with them. I strongly recommend Charles as letting negotiator to the landlords who desire a smooth, trouble-free, well-managed letting.

12. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1050
    Charles Webber

Charles communicated well during my dealings with Townends and was good at responding to me when i had questions etc. regarding the tenancy. Overall, from the moment I agreed to take the flat, everything went relatively smoothly. One thing which could have been improved is that once I signed the tenancy offer letter, i didn't receive any more contact from Townends regarding settling the payment for the flat (which I now know because I rang the office, is meant to be paid 3 working day before move-in). It also wasn't discussed with me how collected of the keys would work out on move-in day, i assumed i had to come into the office, but now I'm told I will meet someone at the flat - I'm still confused on this. So overall, I think better communication is needed once a tenancy has been agreed.

13. A 4 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge

Ross and the team were very helpful with the initial process of getting me into a property. Was always there for help if needed and explained everything clearly. Whilst I have no complaints with Townends, my concern was with Liz Owen's check-in company. She's a lovely lady but has absolutely no organisational skills, hard to get hold of and it took 3 months to get my deposit back.

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge, Daniel Le Boudec
    GU24
    £1200
    Ross TrowbridgeDaniel Le Boudec
    Ross TrowbridgeDaniel Le Boudec

After one month with another estate agent we put it on with 'Ross at Townends and he found us a tenant in two days. Gave us instant feed back and dealt with all paper work perfectly. We now have a nice tenant. Thank you Townends.

“VERY FAIR”

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Charles Webber

Charles was extremely professional and approachable as an agent. He knew all the answers to our questions and was very helpful with regards to the local area. When approaching making an offer on a flat he talked us through the options. He then went through the paperwork in his own time showing commitment to the job.

16. A 4 Star review by  ,

£975
    Charles Webber

Townends' high standard of organisation and communication allowed my letting to progress from offer to key collection within one week. Agents were knowledgable about the property and the area, offering honest estimates of distances to the town centre and station.

17. A 4 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Charlie Bone
    £1300
    no photono photo
    Charles WebberCharlie Bone

When we initially viewed the property, we asked Charlie about my flatmates circumstances as a newly self-employed carer, and it's potential effects on the tenancy process. At the time, Charlie assured us that there wouldn't be any issue, and that the paperwork would proceed smoothly. In retrospect, we should have thoroughly looked into this ourselves, but we took his advise at face value. Now, the gentleman i have moved in with was not the speediest when it came to handling paperwork, but for the initial stages of the process, he was working under the assumption that he did not need a... (read more

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FELT THAT UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, SOME OF THE ADMIN FEES WERE 1.5X WHAT WE HAD SEEN ELSEWHERE FROM OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA. HOWEVER, BECAUSE OF THE GUARANTOR DELAYS AND THE FLAT SWAP, I WAS COMFORTABLE PAYING THEM.”

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

gu21
    Charles Webber

Charles was fantastic with co-coordinating our letting agreement. Charles listened carefully to what we were looking for and showed us suitable properties which matched our must have list. The first property we put a deposit on unfortunately fell through after the landlord pulled out. Charles handled this situation very professionally and fairly, communicating our next options in a timely manner. Within less than 4 days after our disappointment Charles found us another ideal home and we are now only 2 weeks away from moving in. Thanks for all your help Charles!

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

Charles is personable and has a professional approach when dealing with our letting. After we experienced gazumping on our first property which we really liked, Charles did all he could to help us and worked extremely hard to get us a property which met and exceeded our expectations. His attitude and communication skills were excellent and any concerns we had where addressed promptly.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1050
    Charles Webber

We have been very impressed with the professionalism and attention from Charles from Townends. He found us a place which we are happy with in the location we wanted. I would highly recommend his services to anyone.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

First met Charles at the property with a courteous and polite greeting, ensured I viewed the property thoroughly before making a decision. Follow up from Charles is fantastic with prompt responses. He ensures both parties (Landlord and Tenant) are satisfied before making an offer and closing the deal. I will definitely recommend Charles.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADMIN FEES IS QUITE STEEP”

22. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Charles Webber

Charles has been really helpful throughout the process, every time we have needed something or called the office he has returned the call on the same day. I know from experience that is a big ask for a lot of agents so the little things do make a difference! He's been friendly at all times. Only very briefly dealt with one other member of staff, Charlie, who took a message but that clearly got passed on in good time. Can't complain at all - ask me again after we've moved in and I'll be happy to confirm!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC AGENT, JUST AGENCY FEE'S ON THE WHOLE LEAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS - MAIN POINT IS WITH ADMIN FEES WHICH EQUATE TO ABOUT HALF A MONTHS RENT THIS SHOULD ENCOMPASS REFERENCE FEES OR AT LEAST HAVE A BREAKDOWN PROVIDED OF WHAT THE ADMIN IS.”

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

No staff selected.
    gu21
    £900
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Had a great experience with Townends and would not hesitate to recommend them based on the agent I dealt with. Charles showed me round a few properties recently and was absolutely brilliant. I had to rearrange the viewings at the last minute but it was no problem at all. He also recommended a property he thought I might like and was happy to show me that same day. He was a complete professional, really friendly, and was able to answer all the questions I had about the area, the properties and about the lettings process. I also had a couple of queries for the landlord and Charles went away and came back to me within a few hours. I would definitely recommend using Townends, and if you can ask to speak with Charles directly then you will be in very capable hands!!

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Gu22
    £2
    Daniel Le Boudec

I was given honest advice about how the property should be marketed. Townsend did take excellent photos of my house and felt they were always trying to be proactive in getting my property let.

25. A 4 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

Charles was very helpful in arranging for quick viewings based on our needs. He was quick in responding to any queries we had. He was also open to arrange the viewings a bit late in the day after checking with the landlords. Couldn't have expected better from him. Even the references went on quite smooth. Thanks Charles. Area for improvement: We felt that the admin charges are bit on the higher side. We have used other agencies in Woking for lettings and they charge lesser than townends. It's something people do take into account when they start looking for houses. Something to ponder!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FELT THAT THE ADMIN CHARGES ARE BIT ON THE HIGHER SIDE. WE HAVE USED OTHER AGENCIES IN WOKING FOR LETTINGS AND THEY CHARGE LESSER THAN TOWNENDS. IT'S SOMETHING PEOPLE DO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN THEY START LOOKING FOR HOUSES. SOMETHING TO PONDER!”

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Rebecca
    no photono photo
    Charles WebberRebecca

Townends have been very enjoyable to deal with. Although my property is not managed by them they helped me with lots of issues that weren't really their responsibility such as trying to find out phone numbers, attempting to help me set up broadband and Charles even came to meet me on his day off so I could receive the keys on the day I was moving. Everyone is really nice and professional to deal with, by far the best letting agent I have used so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“TOWNENDS FEES WERE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENT FEES. SOME ARE MORE EXPENSIVE SOME CHEAPER. I RECOMMEND PHONING A FEW ESTATE AGENTS TO GET AN IDEA OF FEES IN THE AREA.”

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    £895
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

The team at Townends have been nothing but totally professional in assisting me in re-marketing and finding a new tennant and I am delighted that they have helped me find a suitable tennant within a week of remarketing the property. My point changed from Ross to then Daniel and Charles during the process but I have to say I have been extremely impressed with their internal communication because each time I've returned a call each one has been totally up to speed on progress and has kept me fully up to date throughout the entire process. Ross, Daniel and Charles have made this as stress free as possible for me, for which I am very grateful, thank you.

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Daniel Le Boudec
    no photoDaniel Le Boudec
    Charles WebberDaniel Le Boudec

Agent selected properties for viewing that matched very well my needs. He explained well the advantages of each. Viewing was comprehensive and efficient. Explanation of agreement was clear. Agent was friendly but very professional

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

£875
    Charles Webber

Charles was very likeable and kind since the first moment when we met, he has responded to all of our question correctly even personaly or by phone, when we sent a query by email his reaction time was fast enough and the responses were helpful, only a massive pozitive feedback that I can give about him and I definitely would recommend him to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OF COURSE THE FEES THAT WE NEED TO PAY TO THE AGENCY COULD BE A BIT LESS... :)”

30. A 4 Star review by  ,

£925
    Charles Webber

Dealt with two or three agents on this particular occasion before Townends and they were definitely the best of the lot. Everyone I dealt with at the company was very courteous, made things clear and my process into the property was easy and smooth.

Page: