Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Woking Branch, GU21

Branch rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 based on 96 ratings. This website contains 96 user reviews of Townends - Woking Branch, GU21.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

4 Commercial Way
Woking
Surrey
GU21 6ET

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 183 out of 24062 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.71 out of 5.00

• 95 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

5 out of 22
in the Townends League Tables.
2 out of 49
in the GU21 League Tables
2 out of 54
in the Woking League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, GU21

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

GU18GU25
GU21KT14
GU22KT15
GU23
GU24
Central Woking & the surrounding villages

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 24-May-2015 11:08:47

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Charles Webber

Charles was extremely professional and approachable as an agent. He knew all the answers to our questions and was very helpful with regards to the local area. When approaching making an offer on a flat he talked us through the options. He then went through the paperwork in his own time showing commitment to the job.

2. A 4 Star review by  ,

£975
    Charles Webber

Townends' high standard of organisation and communication allowed my letting to progress from offer to key collection within one week. Agents were knowledgable about the property and the area, offering honest estimates of distances to the town centre and station.

3. A 4 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Charlie Bone
    £1300
    no photono photo
    Charles WebberCharlie Bone

When we initially viewed the property, we asked Charlie about my flatmates circumstances as a newly self-employed carer, and it's potential effects on the tenancy process. At the time, Charlie assured us that there wouldn't be any issue, and that the paperwork would proceed smoothly. In retrospect, we should have thoroughly looked into this ourselves, but we took his advise at face value. Now, the gentleman i have moved in with was not the speediest when it came to handling paperwork, but for the initial stages of the process, he was working under the assumption that he did not need a... (read more

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FELT THAT UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, SOME OF THE ADMIN FEES WERE 1.5X WHAT WE HAD SEEN ELSEWHERE FROM OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA. HOWEVER, BECAUSE OF THE GUARANTOR DELAYS AND THE FLAT SWAP, I WAS COMFORTABLE PAYING THEM.”

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

Charles was fantastic with co-coordinating our letting agreement. Charles listened carefully to what we were looking for and showed us suitable properties which matched our must have list. The first property we put a deposit on unfortunately fell through after the landlord pulled out. Charles handled this situation very professionally and fairly, communicating our next options in a timely manner. Within less than 4 days after our disappointment Charles found us another ideal home and we are now only 2 weeks away from moving in. Thanks for all your help Charles!

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

Charles is personable and has a professional approach when dealing with our letting. After we experienced gazumping on our first property which we really liked, Charles did all he could to help us and worked extremely hard to get us a property which met and exceeded our expectations. His attitude and communication skills were excellent and any concerns we had where addressed promptly.

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1050
    Charles Webber

We have been very impressed with the professionalism and attention from Charles from Townends. He found us a place which we are happy with in the location we wanted. I would highly recommend his services to anyone.

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

First met Charles at the property with a courteous and polite greeting, ensured I viewed the property thoroughly before making a decision. Follow up from Charles is fantastic with prompt responses. He ensures both parties (Landlord and Tenant) are satisfied before making an offer and closing the deal. I will definitely recommend Charles.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ADMIN FEES IS QUITE STEEP”

8. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Charles Webber

Charles has been really helpful throughout the process, every time we have needed something or called the office he has returned the call on the same day. I know from experience that is a big ask for a lot of agents so the little things do make a difference! He's been friendly at all times. Only very briefly dealt with one other member of staff, Charlie, who took a message but that clearly got passed on in good time. Can't complain at all - ask me again after we've moved in and I'll be happy to confirm!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC AGENT, JUST AGENCY FEE'S ON THE WHOLE LEAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS - MAIN POINT IS WITH ADMIN FEES WHICH EQUATE TO ABOUT HALF A MONTHS RENT THIS SHOULD ENCOMPASS REFERENCE FEES OR AT LEAST HAVE A BREAKDOWN PROVIDED OF WHAT THE ADMIN IS.”

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Had a great experience with Townends and would not hesitate to recommend them based on the agent I dealt with. Charles showed me round a few properties recently and was absolutely brilliant. I had to rearrange the viewings at the last minute but it was no problem at all. He also recommended a property he thought I might like and was happy to show me that same day. He was a complete professional, really friendly, and was able to answer all the questions I had about the area, the properties and about the lettings process. I also had a couple of queries for the landlord and Charles went away and came back to me within a few hours. I would definitely recommend using Townends, and if you can ask to speak with Charles directly then you will be in very capable hands!!

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

Gu22
    £2
    Daniel Le Boudec

I was given honest advice about how the property should be marketed. Townsend did take excellent photos of my house and felt they were always trying to be proactive in getting my property let.

11. A 4 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber

Charles was very helpful in arranging for quick viewings based on our needs. He was quick in responding to any queries we had. He was also open to arrange the viewings a bit late in the day after checking with the landlords. Couldn't have expected better from him. Even the references went on quite smooth. Thanks Charles. Area for improvement: We felt that the admin charges are bit on the higher side. We have used other agencies in Woking for lettings and they charge lesser than townends. It's something people do take into account when they start looking for houses. Something to ponder!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FELT THAT THE ADMIN CHARGES ARE BIT ON THE HIGHER SIDE. WE HAVE USED OTHER AGENCIES IN WOKING FOR LETTINGS AND THEY CHARGE LESSER THAN TOWNENDS. IT'S SOMETHING PEOPLE DO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN THEY START LOOKING FOR HOUSES. SOMETHING TO PONDER!”

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Rebecca
    no photono photo
    Charles WebberRebecca

Townends have been very enjoyable to deal with. Although my property is not managed by them they helped me with lots of issues that weren't really their responsibility such as trying to find out phone numbers, attempting to help me set up broadband and Charles even came to meet me on his day off so I could receive the keys on the day I was moving. Everyone is really nice and professional to deal with, by far the best letting agent I have used so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“TOWNENDS FEES WERE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENT FEES. SOME ARE MORE EXPENSIVE SOME CHEAPER. I RECOMMEND PHONING A FEW ESTATE AGENTS TO GET AN IDEA OF FEES IN THE AREA.”

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    £895
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

The team at Townends have been nothing but totally professional in assisting me in re-marketing and finding a new tennant and I am delighted that they have helped me find a suitable tennant within a week of remarketing the property. My point changed from Ross to then Daniel and Charles during the process but I have to say I have been extremely impressed with their internal communication because each time I've returned a call each one has been totally up to speed on progress and has kept me fully up to date throughout the entire process. Ross, Daniel and Charles have made this as stress free as possible for me, for which I am very grateful, thank you.

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charles Webber, Daniel Le Boudec
    no photoDaniel Le Boudec
    Charles WebberDaniel Le Boudec

Agent selected properties for viewing that matched very well my needs. He explained well the advantages of each. Viewing was comprehensive and efficient. Explanation of agreement was clear. Agent was friendly but very professional

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

£875
    Charles Webber

Charles was very likeable and kind since the first moment when we met, he has responded to all of our question correctly even personaly or by phone, when we sent a query by email his reaction time was fast enough and the responses were helpful, only a massive pozitive feedback that I can give about him and I definitely would recommend him to others.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OF COURSE THE FEES THAT WE NEED TO PAY TO THE AGENCY COULD BE A BIT LESS... :)”

16. A 4 Star review by  ,

£925
    Charles Webber

Dealt with two or three agents on this particular occasion before Townends and they were definitely the best of the lot. Everyone I dealt with at the company was very courteous, made things clear and my process into the property was easy and smooth.

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge, Rebecca
    £1150
    Ross Trowbridgeno photo
    Ross TrowbridgeRebecca

The agents we dealt with were very efficient with all tasks. They were also patient and very helpful with any queries we had throughout the process. Even now that they have moved in they have been friendly and helpful. From booking to view the property to moving in the whole process took around two weeks. Overall it has been a pleasurable experience. I would recommend using them and I'd definitely use them again

Comments on the Agents fees

“OBVIOUSLY I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PAID LESS. NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE OUT THERE BUT DEFINITELY COULD B MORE COMPETATIVE”

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

gu22
    Charles Webber

The agent was very friendly very polite and very helpful. I would definitely recommend him. Thanks for the perfect service.

19. A 4 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge, Daniel Le Boudec
    Ross TrowbridgeDaniel Le Boudec
    Ross TrowbridgeDaniel Le Boudec

I would recommend Townends to others. Everything has been explained clearly and placing order/signing was smooth. Overall, god service.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

£925
    Ross Trowbridge

My last tenant wanted to vacate the property before the end of the tenancy agreement. We said we would release him from the agreement if we could find a new tenant. Townends found a tenant within a few days and they moved in the day following the last tenant vacating the property. They gave me a first class service and dealt with a maintenance issue professionally and promptly. A big thanks to Ross and his team.

21. A 4 Star review by  ,

davi
    Ross Trowbridge

i have let my flat 3 times through woking branch the last time dealing with Ross, The flat was relet very fast and the tenant is very good the whole process went very smoothly

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charlie Bone, Ross Trowbridge
    gu22
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charlie BoneRoss Trowbridge

Excellent, helpful and clear. Great initial viewing with plenty of detail and conversation. Once deposit paid, quick consistent communication. Help much appreciated. Looking forward to working relationship going forwards.

“REASONABLE FEES.”

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Charlie Bone
    Gu21
    Charlie Bone

Charlie was very quick at understanding what we wanted, within a budget and helped us achieve our property with great ease after missing out on so many before. He helped us throughout until the day we moved in and he was a pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Ross Trowbridge

Townends conducted the check out of the previous tenant and the check in of the new tenant very efficiently. The property was put back on the market promptly after the last tenant gave notice and we had no gap between the out going and the new tenant. A big thanks to Ross and his team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE COMPETITIVE FOR A QUALITY SERVICE”

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

Maxine Murawski
    Maxine Murawski

Townends managed to sell my property within a week after a long period trying to sell my flat through another agent. They were very proactive in getting a number of viewings and securing the asking price for me. Once the buyer was in place, there was a bit of staff turnover so that for a while I was unclear who was handling the sale, but once Maxine was assigned to the case it became much easier to understand what was going on - she kept me up to date with every development, right up until the completion.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Gu21
    Amilcar Caires

Amilcar was very professional when helping me find my property. He explained everything in detail and helped me with the area as I\'ve recently relocated.

27. A 1 Star review by  ,

Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

There\'s so much hidden costs involved in this company, they even charge £30 to release your reference to other agents, insane.

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

Andrew Walker

Hello, We sold our one-bedroom flat via Townends recently. And the whole experience was amazing. These guys know the market really well and they provided us with the very professional advice. The agent always returned our calls within 24 hours. Townends led us through the process and introduced to the excellent solicitors. The agent won so much respect and trust that we even consulted with them about our prospective new property. We highly recommend Townends and especially Andy Walker who is an absolute superstar! Ivan

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

The manager, Matt Clifford, responded quickly to my enquiry and his manner in planning the sale inspired confidence. All through the process his advice was clear and straightforward. His recommendation of a selling price seemed good but he secured several offers exceeding this. The viewings that were arranged were from people who were interested in just this kind of property and ready to buy. Matt, Aaron or Ryan accompanied all viewings and were energetic, clearly knew their job and presented themselves in a very professional way. They fed back each morning on what was done the previous day. Staff were always available by telephone. They worked hard to get the quick sale required. Altogether this was a positive experience and I would happily use them again.

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with the guys at Townends for a while now. They have always efficiently and courteously found me great tenants and a good rent managed service meaning I don\'t need to worry too much about anything either when my tenants change or on an ongoing basis.

Page: