Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Thornton Heath branch, CR7

Branch rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 26 ratings. This website contains 26 user reviews of Townends - Thornton Heath branch, CR7.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

95 High Street
Thornton Heath
Surrey
CR7 8RY

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 647 out of 24913 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.54 out of 5.00

• 24 recommend
  • 2 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

13 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
1 out of 20
in the CR7 League Tables
1 out of 18
in the Thornton Heath League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, CR7

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

Thornton Heath

Customer Reviews

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Darren Lowles, Shukeena
    £198000
    Darren LowlesShukeena

Very polite, very friendly, very professional. When it was the time to put an offer in the competitive market of 2014 they communicated several offers between the vendor and the potential buyers very professionally, and I was lucky to have my offer accepted. As always the buying process was a long journey to go through the mortgage and legal requirements which due to my request for more information it took even longer. But they was very helpful, understanding and patient throughout this prolong process, and took a very professional approach in keeping them informed. I would definitely recommend them without hesitation and would use them again.

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

£300000
    Darren Lowles

As first time buyers we were hugely impressed with how kind and friendly Darren was. He was very fair in helping us make a reasonable offer. He was very approachable, honest and just a down to earth guy. Would definitely use him again.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Nigel , Darren Lowles
    Se25
    £278000
    Nigel Darren Lowles

Excellent professional and reliable. Nigel is incredibly professional and helpful. Darren has been extremely patient and helpful. I'm now selling another house through Townends thanks to their service.

4. A 1 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Nigel , Darren Lowles
    Cr7
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Nigel Darren Lowles

I originally spoke with Nigel in Sales regards a valuation of an investment property I bought for refurbishment last October. All was good with his polished pitch and promises of calling me in the new year (2015) nearer to the completion of the renovation. I was happy with the service thus far. Unfortunately I didn't hear from him nor anyone from the branch regards marketing the property in January. So I called no less than 3 times and remember speaking to Darren who assured me Nigel would call me. I've now placed it with Housesimple and ironically received s call last week from Darren at the branch asking me if I was looking to sell my property, as if it was the first time we had spoken. I told him I've already placed it on the market and said I would never consider using Townends services again as it was just the worst experience ever! Poor customer service! Amazingly Townends are not part of the 'transparency' scheme! I wonder why??? A month later towards the end of February I called again and told them I had a flat ready to go in the market. St

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“Returned my calls? Basic customer service!!!”

View All Comments (1)by Shelley  14/04/2015

We are so sorry to hear that you have encountered this experience and would very much welcome being able to speak with you on this matter. Please let us know when it would be convenient for us to call you and the best number to do so by emailing sbaker@townends.co.uk
  5. A 4 Star review by  ,

Buying agent
    Michelle
    Michelle

Rochell (though I have been calling her Michelle) has been helping me ( a first-time buyer) go through the buying process smoothly. A big thanks to her and her team!

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

Darren Lowles

Darren, Nigel and Roschelle provided a top quality service to me as a buyer. As a team, they have been attentive to my specific request and offered me the most suitable property to buy. They responded always on time and in the appropriate manner throughout the negotiation and made it possible to complete within less than a month from the offer being accepted. They have been always reachable on the phone and took time to explain in detail specific situations. As a buyer I feel I had a first class service and I would highly recommend them and ask for their services in the future.

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

Cro
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service was excellent and Kelly was the most helpful person I could have dealt with. We had been having a bad experience with another estate agent who was very unhelpful. Shelley had ten prospective buyers lined up and got us a much better offer than had been given by the previous Estate agent and she was very kind and very helpful, I could not have asked for a better agents to deal with. I would recommend the Thornton heat branch to everyone. I if you had a branch in Staffordshire I would if moving use you. I can onky praise them Barbara

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

I dealt with Shelley Smith at Townends in Thornton Heath and she was an absolute pleasure to deal with and very efficient. Nothing was too much trouble and she helped me a very great deal with the various hiccups with my property purchase. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Cr0
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I live abroad and had a nightmare tenet living in my property....shelly was able to get the tenent to allow her access to take photos ...althugth the tenent would not allow any prospertive buyers to view...it stil helped as when the tenent left they had buyers ready to view ...thanks to shelley and the team i sold and completed in 2 months of the tenent leaving. The team where beyond helpful and kept us informed all the way....thank you Townends

10. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am totally satisfied with my experience with Townsend. They provided a comprehensive service which meet all my requirements in a steam line manner. I would definitely recommend their service to others.

11. 1
    person found this

A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Shelley and her team were professional, personable and immensely helpful from the very start of the process of selling my property to the recent exchange. I was feeling anxious in understanding all the contract and legal jargon associated with selling a property but Shelley and her team always answered my questions and simplified explanations. The viewings were worked around my schedule as far as possible and the team were always aware of the current situation of my sale if I called and Shelley or Kalpesh were not available to talk too. Especially Kenisha! Shelley especially helped secure the exchange on my property when my vendor was going on a holiday for a period of time that could have delayed progression. The solicitors that Shelley suggested as well as the financial advisor she booked me an appointment with were all extremely helpful and appreciated. Thank you Thornton Heath Team! From the moment I called to register with you I have found your service very commendable.

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

cr7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Its the first time we have used townends.Shelley and Kalapesh have given us a first class service .No matter how big or small our enquiry was it was dealt with profesionally.I will recommend to friends and family.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Cr7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have dealt with many of the agents in the Thornton Heath area and I must say that Shelley and her team atTownends are head and shoulders above the rest. They provide a welcoming office and are very professional. They take the time to find out exactly what you are looking for and find it. They have reinstalled my faith in their industry. Job well done

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

cr7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Have to say that Shelly & Kalpesh were excellent and very professional. I was infomed on updates regularley and the sale of my prerty went very smoothly. Highly recommend these Agents.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very profossional team always reporting back every step of the way so that we knew what stage things were every step of the way. I am glad I used them.

16. A 4 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ms Fuller was a bright, professional and pleasant young lady. She was thorough in trying to assist us to find the right property. We found the dream property but on our part we had to pull out and Kenisha pulled out all the stops to find an alternative for us, she keeps in touch and it makes us feel she is determined to help us eventually find the right home for out family. We\'re first time buyers so it was important we found an agent we could trust.

17. A 4 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Shelley was very professional and proactive throughout the sale of the property. Communication was very good and she was working for us to achieve an early exchange / completion from the time the sale was agreed. She liaised between my solicitor the buyer and the buyer's solicitor and kept me informed at all stages. I would certainly recommend Shelley and Townends Thornton Heath for their professionalism, friendly attitude and willingness to help.

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I would like to say that I found the Team at Townends Thornton Heath absolutely wonderful, especially Shelly and Kalpesh . We were first time buyers and we had a really bad experience with a different estate agent, and what should have been a really exciting time for my Husband and I was turning out to be a big disappointment, but thankfully we found a property we liked with Townends, and both Shelly and kelpesh worked really hard to make sure that we go the property that we had our heart set on and that everything went smoothly and pain free as possible, they were amazing!!! And thanks to them we are now proud owners of our new home, so thank you so much Shelly and Kalpesh.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

The team at the Thornton Heath branch took over the sale of our property at our request following a bad experience with the High street Croydon Branch. Our sale of our property fell thorough with the Croydon Branch, but We decided to give Townends another chance to sell our property on the recommendation of a friend who also recently sold her property thought the Thornton Heath branch. We found that the staff in comparison here were very helpful, courteous and respectful. Estate agents have a bad reputation but the staff at this branch changed our minds about estate agents as a whole.... (read more

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We put our maisonette on sale with Townends in April 2012 after seeing 3 local agents, they gave the middle valuation which seemed reasonable. Shelley was very friendly and knowledgeable throughout, helping with advice when asked. Steven was always professional and a good salesman. Our property was only on the market for 3 days before we accepted our second offer. It took us a while for the sale to go through as we were buying too but we had a good relationship with our very nice buyers. Townends didn\'t have to work too hard for their commission but they got it sold quickly for a good price so we\'re quite happy with their service.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi. Let me firsty say how impressed i am with Townsends of Thornton Heath. My house was up for sale for a few months before with another agent with nothing really hapening, so i thought i would give them a go, no sooner than me entering the office to sign the forms my house sold........ Honestly, it was that quick! After being with an agent for so long prior, i was thinking it was a wind up, but the sale has just gone through. Secondly the service recieved from them was first class, really efficient, helpful and again quick! Im still shocked as to the speed of the sale. I have not one bad things to say about any of the team as they have all been there when i needed questions answering etc. I would and will recommend them to anyone who wants to sell there home as the are superb.......... I should have known better as i bought the very same house from them......! Thanks you very much Shelley and the team..... Superb! Even thoguh i have been very illusive due to work, i have no worries in trusting you all...

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi, we used Townends in Thornton Heath, more specifically Kalpesh and Shelley. It was our first home and they were brilliant! They were constantly chasing the solicitors, banks and ourselves until the day of completion. As it was our first buy they were very patient and helpful in taking us through the buying stages. It made what seemed a daunting task at the beginning a smooth and easy process. They were always on hand to answer questions or chase the other sides of the buying process. I would highly recommend them if you are looking around Thornton Heath to make your home buying successful and as pain free as possible. We are very happy with our new home! Thank you Kalpesh and Shelley

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We thought Shelley was a fantastic agent, stuck with the sale and never gave up, kept us informed/updated constantly. We would highly recommend Shelley and will be asking her to sell our home when we move!

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found the enitre team to be very courteous, friendly and efficient. I felt confident in their abilities and found that they responded to queries promptly. They listened to my requirements and selected properties accordingly. I will certainly give them strong consideration when it comes to selling my property.

26. 3
    people found this

A 1 Star review by  ,

Lettings (as a Tenant)
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were very quick in getting all of the paper work signed and taking all of the necessary steps to get me into the apartment. However, they managed the property and refused to do any maintainance. I contacted them in December for several issues, including mold, broken oven, broken door, droken dressers and more; none of these issues were addressed by June. I informed them that I would be vacating the property due to the lack of help, I specified the date and time that I would be leaving. Then several agents over 2 days contact me asking me when I would be leaving; I contacted... (read more

View All Comments (1)by Townends  24/07/2012

I am really sorry to read the comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate matters for you with a view to resolving your concerns. In order to do this most effectively, there is additional information I would require, therefore please feel free to contact me personally by email lmcneal@townends.co.uk or by phone on 01932 736577. Kind Regards Townends Estate Agents