Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Staines Branch, TW18

Branch rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 61 ratings. This website contains 61 user reviews of Townends - Staines Branch, TW18.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

142-144 High Street
Staines-upon-Thames
Staines
Surrey
TW18 4AH

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 2519 out of 24780 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.38 out of 5.00

• 55 recommend
  • 6 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

19 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
4 out of 24
in the TW18 League Tables
5 out of 24
in the Staines League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, TW18

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

SL3

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 29-Jun-2015 04:58:17

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

tw18
    Michael Sharp

I recently purchased my first property through Townends in Staines. Micheal and the team were clear and transparent the whole way through the process which i found very helpful being a first time buyer. They also were able to help me out with my mortgage situation and solicitors which was great as i really had no idea about these things. Overall a fantastic service and i would highly recommend to anyone and everyone and will deffinatly be using Townends in Staines again!!!!

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

Michael Sharp, Louis Devins
    £555000
    Michael SharpLouis Devins

Both Michael and Louis were very professional and patient with us buying the property. Negotiations were tricky at times but they both worked well to get us a solution. Both very flexible when we wanted to visit the property at short notice and we were allowed the space to look around at our own leisure. Would thoroughlly reccommend to anyone looking to sell or buy.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

£12500
    Michael Sharp

All people at the agency were very helpful and in particular Michael who followed us on this particular sale. He always came back promptly when we requested information and feedback and always very proactive and cooperative.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES SEEMED A LITTLE STEEP AT THE BEGINNING OR OUR NEGOTIATIONS AS WE WERE ONLY SELLING A GARAGE BUT IN THE END AS WE DID APPRECIATE THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT WENT INTO IT THE FEES ARE DEFINITELY ADEQUATE.”

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Joanna Eden, Alex Joannou
    £1175
    Joanna EdenAlex Joannou

I found the aforementioned staff, particularly Ms Eden, to be attentive, transparent in her views of available properties and overall a consummate professional. This is highly refreshing as this industry does not carry a fantastic reputation. I would definitely deal with Ms Eden at Townends Staines again as well as recommend her to my network. I'm currently settling in to my new temporary home in Staines thanks to the Staines team. Keep up the good work guys!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE HIGH FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED ALBEIT EFFICIENT.”

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

Alex Joannou, Joanna Eden
    Alex JoannouJoanna Eden
    Alex JoannouJoanna Eden

Great service always kept up to date and all questions answered. Very professional and would use again. helped us through the whole process with little fuss

6. A 4 Star review by  ,

Joanna Eden, Alex Joannou
    £1175
    Joanna EdenAlex Joannou

I have dealt with Joanna quite a few times now and she always goes the extra mile. She dropped a contract to me as I hadn't received it in the post this was done onher way home after 7.30pm. She is very approachable and professional and I hope to continue working wihpth her. I have also been speaking to Alex and he also has been very helpful and keeps me informed and what is happening with regards to my property. Thank you to you both

7. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    £1250
    Alex Joannou

I have been asked to write this review by the agents which I am happy to do. The person dealing with me, Alex, was very helpful and punctual and the transaction progressed smoothly. In as much as such matters are dealt with routinely by agents, the service was fine and as good as one can reasonably expect.

8. A 1 Star review by  ,

Emily Harrison
    £850
    Would you use the agent again? No
    no photo
    Emily Harrison

Emily in head office literally doesn't do anything. They charge £100 for a contract renewal just to change a couple of dates on a contract. She does't respond to emails, she doesn't check or respond to her voicemails - no idea what she actually does do. She's the worst of a pretty useless bunch. The only time anything ever seems to get done is if I tweet them @townends and it seems to spark them into action. How on earth they have so many positive reviews on here, I will never understand. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY DO.”

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“Could have actually been good at communicating with us and provided us with a service that warrants a £100 fee.”

View All Comments (1)by Monne  27/04/2015

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with Townends. Your feedback is really important to us. and we take all the comments we receive seriously. Please email us your details to info@townends.co.uk so that we can get in touch and improve our service to you.
  9. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1500
    Joanna Eden

Joanna could not have been more helpful from the very beginning. this was my first experience of being a landlord and the situation in which I became one was quite stressful. Joanna has always been easy to contact and has ensured that all my queries have been addressed. She has found tenants on both occasions swiftly so that I have not lost rental income

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

£322000
    Michael Sharp

I have just completed on my sale of a Staines Property. In short I found Townends (Staines Branch) and in particular Michael Sharp to be consistent and professional. Difficulties may arise in such transactions but these were handled well. I am happy to add my recommendation.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

£241500
    Michael Sharp

Michael was always on had to deal with any issues or questions we had. As a first time buyer, Michael was on had to help us through the whole process from the viewing stage right the way through to the day of completion. We wouldn't hesitate to use Townends again and will certainly return when we are looking to sell out property in a few years time.

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Michael Sharp, Louis Devins
    £158000
    Michael SharpLouis Devins

We have recently purchased our first home through Townends Staines. The process has been very quick from start to finish and the team have been very helpful throughout the whole purchase. In particular Michael and Louis have been very helpful and explained every step of the process to us (as first time buyers we had a lot of questions!) Thank you again, we are very happy with our first home.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Joanna Eden

Joanna was pleasant and polite. Quick to answer any questions from start to finish and was thoroughly professional. The whole process of what is usually a very stressful time was no trouble at all and it felt like there was a weight lifted from our shoulders. Would definitely use Townends again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE MORE THAN REASONABLE AND FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDED I WOULD PAY THEM AGAIN TO BE DEALT WITH IN SUCH A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.”

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

tw14
    Joanna Eden

Joana is very professional, helpful, friendly. When we met the first time she was very nice and i liked her very much. she lent my flat in a few days and if I need her she gets back to me as soon as possible and sort out any concern I have. I am more than happy with her.

16. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1600
    Joanna Eden

Joanna was a fantastic help, right from the beginning of the process of finding somewhere new to live. She found us our perfect property and looked after us every step of the way. We felt like we were in good hands for the whole journey and hope to be in our current rental for many years to come.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE - CONSIDERING WE WERE MOVING FROM LONDON WE EXPECTED THE FEES TO BE LOWER- AND THE ADMIN FEE IS ALWAYS A BIT FARCICAL AS THERE IS NO NEED FOR THERE TO BE A UTILITIES SERVICE AS YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM ALL UP AND DO IT YOURSELF ANYWAY.”

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1125
    Joanna Eden

Could wish for better agents, always friendly & helpful, was updated consistently throughout the lettings process and with some advice on refurbishing the property from them, I gained an increase in my rent of 40%. Despite a last minute hiccup with the paperwork (not the agents fault) it was a smooth transaction. Jo & Rebecca are just the easiest agents I ever had the pleasure to deal with. Townends have a good foot hold on the Market in Staines, which makes for quick turnaround times on tenants, but they work hard to keep this and everyone happy at the same time.

18. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1325
    Joanna Eden

Joanna and Rebecca were professional and very supportive and helpful throughout the process of finding our home. Both have a good sense of humour and friendly approach..invaluable characteristics

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

£369950
    Michael Sharp

A genuine caring approach to service, we felt that they kept us informed,chased progress with solicitors and vendors as appropriate and we couldn't have asked for more. Always pleasant and prompt at returning calls, updates and supporting us through the process.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

£230000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Michael and the team provided information, which was precise and to the point regarding the sale process and marketing of the property. Townsends estate agents were quick to respond and ensured that the sales process provided feedback and also Townsends were helpful and friendly, Michael had shown and demonstrated that Townsends are capable of finding solutions to sales issues, and their experience had shown excellent professionalism and were very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to return and use Townsends services for advise of property and commercial use.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Tw19
    £162000
    Louis Devins

Hi this was my first purchase on the housing market so it was all new to me but Louis helped me all the way I couldn't be more happy he's a credit to townsends and if I was to be looking in the future for anything property related I'll be looking to use him again he kept me informed at all times and always called me back if he was busy with another customer which means a lot thankyou Louis you've got a good worker please take good care of him and thankyou again.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

£995
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was most pleased with the way Rebecca presented the service Townends had to offer, and the communication of events leading to the signing of contract, and tenant taking occupation.

23. A 1 Star review by  ,

£279000
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agency executives are extremely non cooperative & very ill mannered. Very bad attitude, no respect for customers atall. Takes no responsibility other than getting fees.

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

ub7
    Joanna Eden

I first rang Townends at 8.30am expecting to get an answerphone, Joanna answered sounding bright, friendly and then continued to keep me updated about the progress of booking a viewing and feedback. She was professional, friendly, patient and seemed genuinely keen to help. She was also persistent in getting the viewing booked in, so a credit to the Landlords. If I were thinking of Letting my own property I would certainly recommend both Joanna and Townends and as a Tenant I will register with them again next time I am looking.

25. 1
    person found this

A 4 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

After a rocky start (the first two agents who were looking after the property moved office/left the company) Michael Sharp took over the running of the property. Once this happened, things turned around for the better. Michael managed my expectations throughout the process and has been in regular contact with me. The service I received from Michael was what I was hoping for when i listed the property. I have nothing but positives to say about him and would highly recomned Michael and the team to anyone.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been landlord for over 25 years and now have several properties being dealt with by Townends, over the years they have retained my sole representation for the properties situated in the staines area , in the face of stiff competition and the seduction process applied by the competition . Joanna does a very professional job , attention to detail and good liaison between all parties is paramount even long term business relationships can be in jeopardy if standards drop , Joanna has improved the standards , raising the bar both for Townends and the competition . For a young person she has grasped the core principal of deal making and mediation , this is a rare attribute in an industry dominated by order takers . if you are a landlord looking for an agent to find tenants and broker deals and make things work Joanna would be my recommendation , and that is not easily won

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Joanna Eden, Chris Jones
    Joanna EdenChris Jones
    Joanna EdenChris Jones

All of the agents we dealt with were very professional and went out of their way to ensure we were completely satisfied with every stage of the rental process. Special note must be made to the efforts of Joanna Eden who ensured that we were successfully able to negotiate an agreement with the landlord of the property. She was able to successfully negotiate the furnishing of the property as well as negotiate a fantastic deal in terms of pre-moving fees. We are extremely grateful for her efforts and for those of the wider team.

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

Joanna Eden

Joanna has without a doubt provided an absolutely first class service. On our first meeting at the property to be rented, I was a little late, however, Joanna still greeted me with an understanding smile. Although I has spoken to her only the day before she had still found time to do an analysis of properties of similar type competing in the area including a proposed marketing figure to present my property, and by the end of the day when I met Joanna she had already shown a potential tenant the property and had already discussed taking a deposit. In every detail Joanna has been... (read more

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

Chris Jones, Michael Sharp
    Chris JonesMichael Sharp
    Chris JonesMichael Sharp

All the members of staff at Townends office in Staines are excellent - helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and prompt in action. I would like to highlight the help I received from Mr Chris Jones at the branch. His efforts in arranging a smooth transition to new tenants and minimising costs went way beyond what he was required to do. I have never seen any agent put such effort on to their job.

30. A 4 Star review by  ,

Michael Sharp

Our property did take a while to go through due to 2 buyers pulling out close to exchange, However, Townends did act quickly by putting the property back on the market and arranging viewings. Generally the service was good, we did have a few problems with a couple of the sales agents but think this was due to them changing branches over the period our property was marketed and so there was a lack of knowledge about our property & circumstances. We were a bit disappointed with the Egham sales progressor not keeping on top of the sale process and not keeping us fully up to date on both occasions. However, when the 3rd buyer was secured, due to the previous issues we had, Michael Sharp the Sales Manager took over to manage the sale and provided a very good service and kept us up to date every step of the way. Overall, it was a long and quite stressful process but everything ran smoothly in the end, so would recommend Townends.

Page: