Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - South Norwood Branch, SE25

Branch rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 67 ratings. This website contains 67 user reviews of Townends - South Norwood Branch, SE25.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

11 High Street
South Norwood
London
SE25 6EZ

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 291 out of 24062 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.84 out of 5.00

• 67 recommend
  • 0 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

8 out of 22
in the Townends League Tables.
1 out of 14
in the SE25 League Tables
96 out of 4288
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, SE25

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

SE19
SE20
SE26
SE27

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 24-May-2015 08:02:35

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Kellie Harris, Clint Amfo
    £850
    no photoClint Amfo
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

I am extremely happy with the professional service I received from Kellie at Townends, South Norwood. I discovered that I had CCJ on my record which had been put on in error and was preventing me from passing my credit check. The team were very patient whilst I sorted it out and had it removed. Both Kellie and Clint were very understanding of the problem and did everything the could to help me solve the issue. Communication in their office between staff members is excellent and they work very well as a team. I am now happily living in my new rented accommodation.

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

£850
    Clint Amfo

This is my first experience in looking for a tenant with Townend. Clint was very helpful at accommodating my needs and making sure the process ran quickly, efficiently and professionally with a smile. The overall cost was affordable for me and I will definitely lje to use Townend again for my our other properties.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

£950
    no photo
    Kellie Harris

It's a stressful time trying to find a new home in an unfamiliar area. So I would like to express my gratitude for your fantastic support and friendly guidance that has made this process so much easier I'm full of thanks. Kelly was absolutely amazing, polite, professional, helpful with every issue we had and made us feel comfortable at every stage of the process! Well done Townends

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Clint Amfo

After the sale of my flat fell through Andy the Manager at the time processed the rental very professionally and with the help of Clint and sought good tenants to rent my property. Clint was very knowledgeable and supported me regarding Landlord questions and responsibilities especially around obtaining Gas and Electricity Certificates . He was also supportive in getting the Tenants to allow the Electrical Engineer to complete his task. Becky was excellent at clarifying my questions whenever Clint was otherwise engaged or on leave. Having good staff at Townends gives me peace of mind as I live in the North West so cannot always check my property as often as if I lived locally. Well done!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE SLIGHTLY HIGH...”

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

Kellie Harris, Clint Amfo
    £1250
    no photoClint Amfo
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

From our first meeting with Kellie she was very polite, was able to answer all our questions and was able to get us into the property at the time she stated. She was always available to answer any queries that we had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PROPERTY IS FULLY REFURBISH WE DONT FEEL WE SHOULD PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR INVENTRY”

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

se25
    £1350
    no photo
    Kellie Harris

This is the second time we have used Townends and both times have been extremely professionally handled. Kellie was amazing when dealing with our rental search this time around. What I loved about her was her ability to assess what sort of property would be suitable, the first 2 we chose to view and the 3rd was suggested by Kellie and this one hit the nail on the head. The staff in general at Norwood are friendly and focused on getting you housed swiftly. Great job!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ADMINISTRATION FEES SEEM HIGH.”

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1250
    Clint Amfo

Clint was very professional when I contacted him to rent out our house. Although, Townends was the last letting agency to take on my property, they found the right tenant based on our descriptors. He kept me informed throughout the process but more importantly, he was very open and honest. When he wasn't around, the rest of the team were also briefed and I could easily deduce that they worked as a team. I am very pleased and would work with him and the team in the future.

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Herrine Richards

I bought a house with Townends South Norwood with Herrine as my main contact. She was polite, helpful and was able to help guide me in the direction of things she knew I would like based on what I had told her. She was great and the process was very smooth.

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent Service. Got me brilliant property and everything was done within the timescale. Highly recommended.

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon Bright

Simon and the team were professional from the start to the finish. Viewings were conducted professionally and the property sold within 2 days of being listed. I would recommend there services and when I come round to selling my other houses in the area, I will use them again.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon BrightHerrine Richards

We had several agents call to value our property. Simon was the most professional and also convinced us that he could achieve a sale price, which was the most optimistic valuation we had. We found Simon to be very professional with an intimate knowledge of the local market. He did everything he promised and the staff at the office were also efficient and a pleasure to deal with. As we were out of the country during the duration of the sale and were totally dependant on Simon and his team for all aspects of the sale, (except solicitors), Simon did a great job. When the buyer wanted a discount after the survey, Simon still managed to negotiate the full asking price for our property, most impressive, we have never experienced that situation before. We have no hesitation in recommending Simon and his team to anyone.

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Harry has been a true friend to me throughout this entire process! He has helped me through each step with patience and virtue, even when I could see all he wanted to do was throttle me haha...! This is the first time that I have ever rented a property, so have asked more questions than a curious five year old. Harry found me my ideal home, just as I was about to throw the towel in. He called me out of the blue and in all honesty I was not going to view it. So many obstacles came along to prevent the viewing from going ahead, but on our third attempt we managed to get in and view the... (read more

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently purchased a property through Townends in South Norwood. My initial contact with the team was warm and welcoming as I was unfamiliar with South Norwood Harry Patterson was more than happy to share his in-depth knowledge of the profile/characteristic of the area with me. The information provided was invaluable in focusing my search. At the viewing stage Michael Onalaja gave consideration to my specific requirements, he was both professional, patient and courteous. However many times I called the office he always responded positively with interest. Needless to say that with his... (read more

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon BrightHerrine Richards

Simon was friendly, efficient and professional from the first contact. Together with Herrine and Michael they quickly organised potential buyers.There were some frustrating moments up to exchange and to completion. During this stressful time Simon maintained regular contact and remained a calming influence at those times when nothing seemed to be moving. Simon knows his business and has none of those " second hand car salesman " attributes that seem to be the norm amongst some estate agents. This branch definitely maintained the best features of customer service whilst utilising modern practices to sell our property. Just as important the experience was pleasant and left us with the feeling that they were working for us, the client. No competition as far as we are concerned - when we come to buy and sell again we will use this company.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Great service got an offer on my property really quickly and kept in touch until the property was sold. Would definitely use again 100% happy with the service i received

16. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was house hunting in september 2013,and found my interaction with harry fantastic. He listened carefully to all my requirements and was able to forward me matching suggestions of houses to rent, all within my specification and price range.He answered all our questions confidently and provided all the information necessary for us to make an informed decision. We were able to choose a house,and make an offer in 24hrs which was a relief for me as i am extremely busy with a tight schedule. He delivered on every promise he made and got back to us with an offer acceptance from the land lord almost immediately. The whole process for me searching and getting a house to rent took a total of 36 hours. I am very impressed with harry as even after the contract had been completed and we moved into the property...He still remains extremely helpful and always accessible -this is unlike most agencies and agents i am used to who become nasty and uninterested once the tenants have signed the contract

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Harry Patterson was most helpful, professional the kind of person that will go an extra mile for client. The service he provided us was excellent and I couldn\'t ask for more. My wife and I are really apperciative for helping us rent a three bedroom house in South Norwood.

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Townends South Norwood were very helpful in letting out my property! Aleksandra Cyndrowska is extremely hard working and professional! She's a pleasure to work with. Will definitely use them again :)

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

CR0
    Simon Bright

A big thank you to Simon Bright. The sale was not without its hiccups and frustrations, but Simon handled any problems that arose with tact and diplomacy. His advice was pragmatic and considered throughout. At times it felt as though he was single-handedly keeping the entire chain moving forward – speaking to everyone in the chain and making sure that they were doing what they should be doing – and I'm not entirely sure that without his close management the entire chain would have made it to completion at all. Having had a few bad experiences with estate agents in previous transactions, I can confidently say that I would have no hesitation in recommending Simon in the future.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon BrightHerrine Richards

I recently sold my house through Townends, Sth Norwood and was very impressed by the service I received. The manager, Simon Bright, was very easy to deal with and assured me the house would be sold quickly, indeed it was and for the maximum price quoted. The selling process was very efficient and definitely made easier by the knowledge and experience of Simon and his team. If you are selling in the area I would recommend using Townends.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Both Stacey and Aleksandra were very diligent and maintained good communication via phone and email at all times. Their advice was spot on about when to get the gas certificate sorted out and other minor issues. Most of all they found tenants we are happy with - can\'t ask for more than that!

22. A 4 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have found Stacey very efficient and professional. She arranged for Townends to take over the management of my flat after my previous agent turned out to be a liability. She organised a smooth transfer and has since helped me straighten out several complications arising from the poor performance of the previous agent. Her guidance and advice has been very valuable.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends have been managing my property since I let it out in 2008 and during this time I have found them to be both efficient and helpful. My tenants have been happy with the level of service they receive and the work carried out has been to a high standard. Simon Butt has been excellent at dealing with both my queries and my tenant's issues promptly.

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Harry at South Norwood provided us with an excellent service. He was the only agent who seemed to understand what we required and he delivered very quickly. Always charming and smiling Harry was very patient and helpful during our viewings, even with the third when the deal was signed and there was really nothing in it for him. Top man.

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

Herrine Richards, Simon Bright
    Herrine RichardsSimon Bright
    Herrine RichardsSimon Bright

Liaised closely with buyers in order to answer their queries. Kept in touch with me - the seller. Offered to help read through a very large stack of papers from the previous surveyor to identivy which papers to send to buyerx solicitors.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have had an excellent experience dealing with the south Norwood townends branch I was helped by Harry and then Stacey, they both dealt with my case professionally and compassionately, which eventually rewarded me with a lovely property, of which I am so happy with. I will highly recommend Stacey and Harry at the south Norwood branch to anyone looking for a property in this area. Thank you so much.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have had a fantastic experience with Townends South Norwood. Within less than 5 days, I went from first contact with them to securing a new home. My experience with Aleksandra in particular has been fantastic. Not only is she professional and very adept at knowing what will suit the needs of her customers, she is also friendly and reassuring. I will not hesitate to recommend this branch!

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon BrightHerrine Richards

I cannot recommended Townends Estate Agents in South Norwood highly enough especially Simon and Herrine. They found a buyer within 2 weeks of my property being on the market and when I had to withdraw were extremely gracious and when I put the property back on the market they tied up the sale with my original buyers and I have now exchnged. The whole process was a very simple easy transaction and I was kept fully updated at all times, all calls were promptly returned and u could not find 2 nicer people to help you sell your home.

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

SE19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Stacey provided an excellent service throughout. Dealing with a difficult and elusive tenant on our behalf. She took control of the situation at the outset and managed it end-to-end. The tenant has vacated the property and the Branch has quickly found a new tenant who hopefully will respect and care for the property. Thank you Stacey!

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

cr7
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Stacey and her team were very professional from her prompt arrival to view the property to later dealings with all the detail necessary to complete the letting. She found us ideal tenants immediately as she knew who to place in the house for mutual benefit to both parties. As first time landlords, Stacey and her team have made our experience extremely stress free so far. We are hopeful that our tenants will prove to be the long term arrangement that Stacey thinks likely.

Page: