...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - South Norwood Branch, SE25

Branch rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 83 ratings. This website contains 83 user reviews of Townends - South Norwood Branch, SE25.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

11 High Street
South Norwood
London
SE25 6EZ

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 273 out of 25215 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.83 out of 5.00

• 82 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

8 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
1 out of 15
in the SE25 League Tables
90 out of 4367
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, SE25

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

SE19
SE20
SE26
SE27

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 27-Aug-2015 21:55:06

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Se25
    £250000
    Simon Bright

Although we have purchased a property through this branch and have received fantastic service from the likes of Simon and herrine, we have since chosen to sell a property based on their friendliness and professionalism. There's something about the way we were dealt with that we liked and chose to work with them again. On another note, we have also been in conversation with the letting team and Clint has been fantastic; quick responses and a willingness to help. Whenever I call in all the staff are always friendly and a joy to deal with.

2. A 4 Star review by  ,

Se20
    £950
    Kellie Harris

Having been searching for a property for over 2 months, Kellie managed to arrange the first viewing at a property myself and my partner saw online. Being the first place viewed with prospective landlords being there, which made me feel like we actually had a chance, we liked both property and people. Low and behold, the same day we put an offer in we were accepted and are now finalising details of our move into our first flat together. Kellie has been amazing. Thanks guys.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Herrine has been a great help, trying to find us a property to buy, suited to our needs. She takes a lot of time making sure all your needs are considered. Very pleased with her and her teams efforts so far. Would highly recommend using Townsend in South Norwood if you want a good service.

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Herrine Richards, Clint Amfo
    £217000
    Herrine RichardsClint Amfo
    Herrine RichardsClint Amfo

I bought a house through Townends in July 2015, I specifically dealt with Herrine who was exceptional from start to finish. It was the 2nd attempt at purchasing through Townends as the 1st property fell through at the last minute. Herrine did her utmost best to try and resolve the problems with the 1st property however some of situation was not in her control. Unfortunately whilst she was on leave some of her colleagues at the time were not as helpful, which is the only downside I can talk about in regards to Townends. With the purchase of the 2nd property Herrine kept the information... (read more

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    £1300
    Kellie Harris

We would really like to recommend your agent Kellie Harrison for her very quick actions to organise the viewing and further procedures. She has done everything to help us to find a suitable house for what we are really appreciate. She was also available for us at any time. We wish you more as good agents as Kellie. Thanks a lot!

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

£217000
    Herrine Richards

Herrine helped me with letting my property and also with selling. She is the best estate agent I have ever met and worked with. She is very knowledgeable and has loads of common sense. She handles people well (me included :) ), and most importantly she has empathy too. She went out of her way to help me and my tenant and buyer(s) in any way she could. For example when my tenant got locked out one freezing night in winter she came from her home to help. She negotiated well between me and both buyers (the first buyer pulled out, but not for want of Herrine's efforts). Herrine offered any help she could to ensure my buyers felt happy in their decision to purchase my home, including introducing one prospective buyer to our local Residents Association . I felt I trusted her throughout the process, and if I asked her to do something I could be sure it was done. She was superb at her job and should be rewarded for her efforts.

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1100
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

Advertised for and Arranged a tenant for the property including showing the property to prospective tenants. Organised an inventory Carried out financial checks on the prospective tenant

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Clint Amfo, Kellie Harris
    £1525
    Clint Amfono photo
    Clint AmfoKellie Harris

As a landlady i work with many Estate agents and i felt it neccesary to congratulate Townsend as all the staff have been freindly , hardworking and reliable WELL DONE TOWNSEND , you stand ahead compared to other agents and i would highly recommend all landlords and landlady use your services Kind Regards Miss K Newbury-Jones

9. A 4 Star review by  ,

Cr7
    £1600
    Kellie Harris

So far I've only met Kellie Harris once but first impressions count and thought she presented herself very professionally and polite. Kellie was very helpful and continues to be so. Any questions I've had so far she's been very prompt in answering them thoroughly.

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

Cr7
    £920
    Clint Amfo

From start to finish Clint made the process of renting my property out very easy, it was seamless in fact! I was very impressed with his professionalism and manner and the communication between us was excellent, he kept me informed throughout and I'd recommend his services to anyone, Townends is a great estate agent and I'm confident and happy they are looking after my interests and the flat to the best of their abilities. :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH FEES VERY REASONABLE”

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1900
    Clint Amfo

Clint was very extremely helpful when dealing with our application. He is very polite and would always keep us informed of the process of our application. Even when we had a slight delay with the referencing company Clint was very good in being able to find a solution to assist both us and the Landlord. It was a very good service and I would highly recommend him.

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Herrine Richards

The support and professionalism offered by Herrine has been an absolute pleasure to receive. We had a few false starts with clients pulling out and then the sale having to re-start. However, Herrine was extremely supportive and ensured that a prompt response was given, whereby viewings were organised immediately. I would like to take this opportunity to thank her and the team at South Norwood and I would certainly recommend Townends to my friends.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

£850
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

I am extremely happy with the professional service I received from Kellie at Townends, South Norwood. I discovered that I had CCJ on my record which had been put on in error and was preventing me from passing my credit check. The team were very patient whilst I sorted it out and had it removed. Both Kellie and Clint were very understanding of the problem and did everything the could to help me solve the issue. Communication in their office between staff members is excellent and they work very well as a team. I am now happily living in my new rented accommodation.

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

£850
    Clint Amfo

This is my first experience in looking for a tenant with Townend. Clint was very helpful at accommodating my needs and making sure the process ran quickly, efficiently and professionally with a smile. The overall cost was affordable for me and I will definitely lje to use Townend again for my our other properties.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

Se25
    £950
    Kellie Harris

It's a stressful time trying to find a new home in an unfamiliar area. So I would like to express my gratitude for your fantastic support and friendly guidance that has made this process so much easier I'm full of thanks. Kelly was absolutely amazing, polite, professional, helpful with every issue we had and made us feel comfortable at every stage of the process! Well done Townends

16. A 5 Star review by  ,

Clint Amfo

After the sale of my flat fell through Andy the Manager at the time processed the rental very professionally and with the help of Clint and sought good tenants to rent my property. Clint was very knowledgeable and supported me regarding Landlord questions and responsibilities especially around obtaining Gas and Electricity Certificates . He was also supportive in getting the Tenants to allow the Electrical Engineer to complete his task. Becky was excellent at clarifying my questions whenever Clint was otherwise engaged or on leave. Having good staff at Townends gives me peace of mind as I live in the North West so cannot always check my property as often as if I lived locally. Well done!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE SLIGHTLY HIGH...”

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1250
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

From our first meeting with Kellie she was very polite, was able to answer all our questions and was able to get us into the property at the time she stated. She was always available to answer any queries that we had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PROPERTY IS FULLY REFURBISH WE DONT FEEL WE SHOULD PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR INVENTRY”

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1350
    Kellie Harris

This is the second time we have used Townends and both times have been extremely professionally handled. Kellie was amazing when dealing with our rental search this time around. What I loved about her was her ability to assess what sort of property would be suitable, the first 2 we chose to view and the 3rd was suggested by Kellie and this one hit the nail on the head. The staff in general at Norwood are friendly and focused on getting you housed swiftly. Great job!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ADMINISTRATION FEES SEEM HIGH.”

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1250
    Clint Amfo

Clint was very professional when I contacted him to rent out our house. Although, Townends was the last letting agency to take on my property, they found the right tenant based on our descriptors. He kept me informed throughout the process but more importantly, he was very open and honest. When he wasn't around, the rest of the team were also briefed and I could easily deduce that they worked as a team. I am very pleased and would work with him and the team in the future.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Herrine Richards

we would like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to the guys at Norwood branch. fantastic work and very enthusiastic on what they do,,,true customer service ... thanks again for selling our property and make our dream come true ,,,,to move to the country side for a big property... Thanks Again Antonio & Lola

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Herrine Richards

I bought a house with Townends South Norwood with Herrine as my main contact. She was polite, helpful and was able to help guide me in the direction of things she knew I would like based on what I had told her. She was great and the process was very smooth.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent Service. Got me brilliant property and everything was done within the timescale. Highly recommended.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon Bright

Simon and the team were professional from the start to the finish. Viewings were conducted professionally and the property sold within 2 days of being listed. I would recommend there services and when I come round to selling my other houses in the area, I will use them again.

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon Bright, Herrine Richards
    Simon BrightHerrine Richards

We had several agents call to value our property. Simon was the most professional and also convinced us that he could achieve a sale price, which was the most optimistic valuation we had. We found Simon to be very professional with an intimate knowledge of the local market. He did everything he promised and the staff at the office were also efficient and a pleasure to deal with. As we were out of the country during the duration of the sale and were totally dependant on Simon and his team for all aspects of the sale, (except solicitors), Simon did a great job. When the buyer wanted a discount after the survey, Simon still managed to negotiate the full asking price for our property, most impressive, we have never experienced that situation before. We have no hesitation in recommending Simon and his team to anyone.

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Harry has been a true friend to me throughout this entire process! He has helped me through each step with patience and virtue, even when I could see all he wanted to do was throttle me haha...! This is the first time that I have ever rented a property, so have asked more questions than a curious five year old. Harry found me my ideal home, just as I was about to throw the towel in. He called me out of the blue and in all honesty I was not going to view it. So many obstacles came along to prevent the viewing from going ahead, but on our third attempt we managed to get in and view the... (read more

26. A 1 Star review by  ,

se27
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This is horrible. There are mice, holes in the walls, floor is not finish, it\'s not painted but there is moho everywhere. I have a little baby and I\'m depressed and I\'m looking for legal advice because the landlord didn\'t give us any solution for 3 weeks.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

We bought our first home through Townends South Norwood. We were determined to find a place in the area as it suited perfectly our requirements. Having had lost one property in the neighbourhood we were over the moon when we found the house we eventually bought. The whole process was carried out very fairly from start to finish. We received official confirmations of what was agreed in the post. Also as the house house was very popular at the time i liked the opportunity to adjust and submit revised offer. I think this was a very fair approach. The process of buying a house is a very stressful experience, as I soon had a chance to find out, but there was always a member of staff to talk to and to deal with arising enquiries. I want to thank all Townends team for their support during the process of purchasing our first home.

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I recently purchased a property through Townends in South Norwood. My initial contact with the team was warm and welcoming as I was unfamiliar with South Norwood Harry Patterson was more than happy to share his in-depth knowledge of the profile/characteristic of the area with me. The information provided was invaluable in focusing my search. At the viewing stage Michael Onalaja gave consideration to my specific requirements, he was both professional, patient and courteous. However many times I called the office he always responded positively with interest. Needless to say that with his... (read more

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

Simon Bright, Herrine Richards
    Simon BrightHerrine Richards

Simon was friendly, efficient and professional from the first contact. Together with Herrine and Michael they quickly organised potential buyers.There were some frustrating moments up to exchange and to completion. During this stressful time Simon maintained regular contact and remained a calming influence at those times when nothing seemed to be moving. Simon knows his business and has none of those " second hand car salesman " attributes that seem to be the norm amongst some estate agents. This branch definitely maintained the best features of customer service whilst utilising modern practices to sell our property. Just as important the experience was pleasant and left us with the feeling that they were working for us, the client. No competition as far as we are concerned - when we come to buy and sell again we will use this company.

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Great service got an offer on my property really quickly and kept in touch until the property was sold. Would definitely use again 100% happy with the service i received

Page: