...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Egham Lettings, TW20

Branch rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 91 ratings. This website contains 91 user reviews of Townends - Egham Lettings, TW20.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

179 High Street
Egham
Surrey
TW20 9EJ

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 2572 out of 25215 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.38 out of 5.00

• 85 recommend
  • 6 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

18 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
2 out of 17
in the TW20 League Tables
1 out of 11
in the Egham League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, TW20

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

Egham, Runnymede,
Thorpe, Thorpe Lea

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 27-Aug-2015 11:12:34

1. 1

£1750
    no photo
    Emilio Ascione

I found Emilio to be extremely professional and helpful and went to great lengths to meet my expectations. He was always courteous and responded to telephone calls even late in the evening. I will always maintain contact with him in particular and with the Egham branch of Townends.

2. A 4 Star review by  ,

£205000
    Louis Devins

We thought that Louis was very eager and keen to ensure he sold our property quickly and to the value we needed. His written communication was very professional. He response to email was very quick and he did keep us informed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LOUIS NEGOTIATE A COMPETITIVE PRICE AND HAD TO WORK HARD FOR IT”

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Emilio Ascione, Eve Stewart
    £1600
    Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

Emilio was my first point of contact with Townsends and was extremely helpful and politie in providing me with information about letting our property for the 1st time. Eve attended to give us a valuation and was very professional and gave my wife and I the feeling that we had made the right choice of estate agent in marketing our home. Our property was let within 7 days of going onto the market to 3 chinese students from a local university for more money then we asked for which was a bonus ! , unfortunately due to rooms being released by the Uni our initial 3 tenants decided to stay on campus... (read more

4. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lauren , David Channon
    N16
    no photono photo
    Lauren David Channon

Lauren was very helpful and efficient in securing my tenancy agreement. She was courteous and friendly throughout. I was very satisfied with the service.

5. 1

£900
    Emilio Ascione

I am very pleased with the service received with townends and in particular Emilio. He is very polite, efficient and helpful throughout the process. My way with him was easy and quick with no hidden surprises. He's always answered my enquiries /verbail or written/ in the instant and to my satisfaction. Great appreciation for excellent service. Thank you to everyone at Townends.

6. 1

£1300
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio worked very hard to find a property to fit my specific requirements, which he managed to find for me. Throughout the process he updated me as to exactly what was going on, which was very helpful of him. The process of moving can be very stressful and Emilio made it a lot easier. Therefore, I have no reluctance whatsoever in recommending Emilio! A very helpful and skilled lettings negotiator indeed!

7. 1

Upload a reviwer profile image

We have been dealing with the Egham office for several years now and have had a generally good experience. They have dealt professionally with all issue's, including administration, property management, and vetting of tenents. Void periods have always been minimal. I have always been somewhat nervous of Townends having their own Property Management company (INEX) for repairs and maintenance issue's but, to date I have no real complaints about the level of service provided or the charges involved. I would recommend Towends to other people.

8. 1

£275000
    Louis Devins

The first sale went nipples north through no fault of Louis but he found us a replacement buyer is very short order at a higher price. The second sale progressed extremely well even if a little slower that the buyer had optimistically promised. All together my wife and I felt the service given was satisfactory.

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Louis Devins, Ollie McHugh
    Tw 2
    £325
    Louis Devinsno photo
    Louis DevinsOllie McHugh

We initially chose townends, 1 their success rate in properties sold in our area was very evident by the sold billboards .2 On booking an appraisal for valuation,they were punctual,polite,and professional,explained the terms and conditions of their service.3, On taking up their service, they arranged an open day for the following weekend (5days) where we had 15 viewings, 4 of which resulted with offers,one of which we accepted and is now being processed. 4, they kept us updated with their progress,all of which has made this sale very quick and stress free, would recommend highly.

10. 1

£250000
    Louis Devins

Louis has been very helpful and professional, valuing my house, showing people around, and obtaining some very good offers. He is also informing me of new houses coming on the market that I may be interested in buying. And also keeping in regular contact.

“GOOD, COMPETITIVE FEES.”

11. 1

A 1 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Awful experience, appalling service & shocking costs – never dealing with Townends again! Long list of unpleasant encounters but I will try to share in less words. Lied about moving in date, verbally promised we could move in 1-2 weeks earlier but as soon we paid the deposit agent was unreachable & never returned calls. Poor service: no locks on 2 toilets/bathrooms & 3 bedrooms, requested but never got fitted in 19 months of tenancy (too busy?). Horrible communication: # Tenants pay for the contract renewal but with Townends they also have to chase &... (read more

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE AND WE HAD TO WORK/PUSH THEM TO GET THINGS DONE.”

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“Expensive and we had to work/push them to get things done.”

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1295
    Emilio Ascione

Dealing with Emilio was very easy, sorted things out quickly, was very impressed on how quickly he would respond to my email enquiries, our whole move seem effortless and was all handled very professionally, great member of staff and would recommend & use ur agency in the future.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

£277500
    Louis Devins

Honest and conscientious from the beginning to the end. Very happy in their role when marketing the property and then when negotiating the most appropriate price for me. Happy to recommend in the future.

14. 1

£1000
    Emilio Ascione

He responded very quickly to our request. He was able to understand what was what we needed and he propose the best possible choices. He served us in an excellent way, with a strong sense of professionalism, which made us feel that we were in a very friendly environment. He was very willing to listen, understand and answer all of our questions. All this, resulted in less than two hours to find the ideal home for us.

15. 1

Emilio Ascione

The agent found good tenants within a short period of time. They also found new tenants quickly to provide continuity of rent at the end of the tenancy.

16. A 5 Star review by  ,

£2200
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio Ascione provided a professional service as expected. He negotiated well with the tenants resulting in closing the deal to our satisfaction.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THE SERVICES RECEIVED ARE SATISFACTORY, THE FEES WERE HIGHER THAN EXPECTED.”

17. 1

Emilio Ascione

Emilio was very helpful throughout the process, everything was easy and the move went off without a hitch. Thank you to everyone at Townends.

18. 2
    people found this

A 1 Star review by  ,

£995
    Would you use the agent again? No

1) I rented through the address mentioned above for more than two years and end my tenancy agreement on 16th of March. Before the Ester break I tried to contact Stuart Shubrook but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn't realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months' rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn. 2) I... (read more

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“1) I rented through the address mentioned above for more than two years and end my tenancy agreement on 16th of March. Before the Ester break I tried to contact “Stuart Shubrook” but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn’t realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months’ rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn. 2) I called Stuart on yesterday. Stuart don’t care about existing customers money. He simple told me that I should have cancelled the direct debt. 3) My deposit since now. I contacted Townends and they told me that I have contact myself to get the deposit back from the owner. But in Stuart email it clearly mentioned if he dont hear from both party within 10 working days the case will be close. I met few people who rented flat or house from townends and they told me that I paid high admin fee. There is no fix price. Stuart (from Head office) Amaleo and Tracy (from Egham Branch) change their rules as they wish. Note: These feedbacks will be spread throughout Royal Holloway University and local people in Egham and Englefield green”

View All Comments (3)by Townends  05/05/2015

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to Townends so that we can improve our service. Please email us your contact details to info@townends.co.uk so that we can investigate and resolve this matter.
  19. 1

Emilio Ascione

I had a cold call from Emilo, he had made inquiries and obtained my contact number. from the first call he was very friendly and courteous . Although we didn't agree terms on many subsequent calls he remained pushy but friendly . Eventually I relented and he won me over. Although I have not met Emilio yet I find him warm ,ambitious and a driven man. I will be glad to have him on my team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE IS MORE ROOM FOR DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PROPERTY LANDLORS.”

20. 1

gu25
    £1750
    Emilio Ascione

I am very pleased with the service received with townends and in particular Emilio. He is very efficient, professional and pleasantly persistent. He was given instruction to let my property in the morning and he had delivered by the evening...that says it all!!

21. 1

GU25
    £1700
    Emilio Ascione

Whoever says quick, quality, excellence, simplicity don't fit together has not met Emilio at Townends. From a rush across Oxfordshire to dash into a viewing made possible with an hour's notice to a signed receipted deposit just 5 hours later, he has found a perfect home for me and my family and sorted all the small print details so that it followed a seemless path. Great appreciation for excellent service.

22. 1

£835
    Eleanor Popham

Once we looked at the house and decided we were interested everything went up hill from there. its going through really quickly which we are more than pleased with as our current situation means that we are over crowded. Overall the speed everything is going is way more than what we expected it to be and we are very grreatful for that. Eleanor was very polite and helpful and if it wasn't for her and her kindness none of this would have gone the way we hoped. So once again we are very grratful for the customer service we recieved.

23. A 4 Star review by  ,

, Natalie Witting
    Natalie Witting
    Natalie Witting

Please make people aware of the extra charges before offering it up on the final tenency agreement. Other than that pleased with service

24. 1

sl5
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio acted as letting consultant for the above property, he has been very professional and direct with his approach to finding the best client. I was impressed that he managed to pip the other agent to the post within a couple of weeks of having the property on the market.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AFTER SEVERAL YEARS USING TOWNENDS ESTATE AGENCY, I EXPECTED A BETTER LOYALTY DISCOUNT THAN WAS OFFERED TO ME.”

25. 1

£1100
    Emilio Ascione

The reason for such an excellent score was both of my properties came available recently and within days Emilio had found me a new tenant who would move in immediately. Since my properties are clearly a business to me this is exactly what I am looking for. I have dealt with Emilio in the past and have always found him to be extremely pro-active.

26. 1

£1250
    Emilio Ascione

Our first contact with Towends and Emilio were from a schedule view to a property that we saw in a website. This first property was no exactly what we were looking for, but Emilio get some details about what we would expect to find in our new home and from that offered us other properties views. He was very dedicated in find and show us properties that match our requirements and also into negotiate prices and moving dates with the landlords. Few days ago we find our new home thanks to Emilio and Towends. We are very satisfied with the service provided. We were conducting a broad search scheduling views with different estate agencies and branches and very few of them reach the same quality standards. We highly recommend it!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE RESERVATION FEES WERE LITTLE BIT HIGHER THAN WE WERE EXPECTING, BUT THE OTHER FEES WERE STANDARD.”

27. 1

Emilio Ascione, Eve Stewart
    £1500
    Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

After reviewing all agents for the Egham area and speaking in depth to two agents we made the decision to use Townends. They were extremely professional and listen to our requirements and guided us through the process. This was our first development and was not quite aware of all the requirements needed to rent a property and Townends were always available to answer any queries. Townends do have a large database of clients requiring properties and within a week our property was let and had 3 clients putting an offer in. I will at this stage explain that we had just spent 6 months renovating the property and it was of a high standard so this would also have bearing as to why it was sort after.

28. 1

£1300
    Emilio Ascione

I am contemplating between a Good and Excellent rating, however, still decided on giving Excellent. Townends was giving the opportunity to get my property rented out. Although, they did not manage to market the property on Rightmove, they reacted quickly and have a list of potential clients on waiting list. They managed to organise a number of viewings on a single day and managed to let out the property really quickly, and the type of tenants that fits the bill. Not only that, they achieved to let out the property at the asking rate. They also respond to emails pretty quickly. However, I feel that there are rooms for improvement in terms of service. The overall feel and impression that I have is that they are hard and fast worker. The 'after sales' follow through may have fallen a bit short. For e.g. I wasn't inform of who the property manager will be, as it will be fully managed. I wasn't too concerned as I know I can always get these info a phone call away. But if it is more forth coming, perhaps it will be better.

View All Comments (1)by MWM  14/04/2015

Thank you for the honest feedback, we do value your opinion and appreciate it.
  29. 1

Sl5
    £1450
    Emilio Ascione

Nothing was an issue, always returned calls, knee whatever's looking for and found it. Still attentive after moving in

Comments on the Agents fees

“NEGOTIATED. AGREED IN THE END”

30. 1

£25000
    Emilio Ascione

The estate agent saw an opportunity for a sale and did his utmost to ensure he got viewings straight away. He explained the fees and options available for receiving a secured rent payment and was generally very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend Townsend to any of my friends who are looking for tenants. Thank you from one happy customer.

Page: