Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Egham Lettings, TW20

Branch rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 78 ratings. This website contains 78 user reviews of Townends - Egham Lettings, TW20.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

179 High Street
Egham
Surrey
TW20 9EJ

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 2454 out of 24220 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.32 out of 5.00

• 73 recommend
  • 5 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

17 out of 22
in the Townends League Tables.
2 out of 17
in the TW20 League Tables
1 out of 11
in the Egham League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, TW20

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

Egham, Runnymede,
Thorpe, Thorpe Lea

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 26-May-2015 15:45:57

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Sold Price
    £277500
    Louis Devins

Honest and conscientious from the beginning to the end. Very happy in their role when marketing the property and then when negotiating the most appropriate price for me. Happy to recommend in the future.

2. 1

£1000
    Emilio Ascione

He responded very quickly to our request. He was able to understand what was what we needed and he propose the best possible choices. He served us in an excellent way, with a strong sense of professionalism, which made us feel that we were in a very friendly environment. He was very willing to listen, understand and answer all of our questions. All this, resulted in less than two hours to find the ideal home for us.

3. 1

£1200
    Emilio Ascione

The agent found good tenants within a short period of time. They also found new tenants quickly to provide continuity of rent at the end of the tenancy.

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

£2200
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio Ascione provided a professional service as expected. He negotiated well with the tenants resulting in closing the deal to our satisfaction.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ALTHOUGH THE SERVICES RECEIVED ARE SATISFACTORY, THE FEES WERE HIGHER THAN EXPECTED.”

5. 1

Emilio Ascione

Emilio was very helpful throughout the process, everything was easy and the move went off without a hitch. Thank you to everyone at Townends.

6. A 1 Star review by  ,

£995
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

1) I rented through the address mentioned above for more than two years and end my tenancy agreement on 16th of March. Before the Ester break I tried to contact Stuart Shubrook but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn't realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months' rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn. 2) I... (read more

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“1) I rented through the address mentioned above for more than two years and end my tenancy agreement on 16th of March. Before the Ester break I tried to contact “Stuart Shubrook” but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn’t realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months’ rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn. 2) I called Stuart on yesterday. Stuart don’t care about existing customers money. He simple told me that I should have cancelled the direct debt. 3) My deposit since now. I contacted Townends and they told me that I have contact myself to get the deposit back from the owner. But in Stuart email it clearly mentioned if he dont hear from both party within 10 working days the case will be close. I met few people who rented flat or house from townends and they told me that I paid high admin fee. There is no fix price. Stuart (from Head office) Amaleo and Tracy (from Egham Branch) change their rules as they wish. Note: These feedbacks will be spread throughout Royal Holloway University and local people in Egham and Englefield green”

View All Comments (3)by Townends  05/05/2015

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to Townends so that we can improve our service. Please email us your contact details to info@townends.co.uk so that we can investigate and resolve this matter.
  7. 1

Emilio Ascione

I had a cold call from Emilo, he had made inquiries and obtained my contact number. from the first call he was very friendly and courteous . Although we didn't agree terms on many subsequent calls he remained pushy but friendly . Eventually I relented and he won me over. Although I have not met Emilio yet I find him warm ,ambitious and a driven man. I will be glad to have him on my team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE IS MORE ROOM FOR DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PROPERTY LANDLORS.”

8. 1

gu25
    £1750
    Emilio Ascione

I am very pleased with the service received with townends and in particular Emilio. He is very efficient, professional and pleasantly persistent. He was given instruction to let my property in the morning and he had delivered by the evening...that says it all!!

9. 1

GU25
    £1700
    Emilio Ascione

Whoever says quick, quality, excellence, simplicity don't fit together has not met Emilio at Townends. From a rush across Oxfordshire to dash into a viewing made possible with an hour's notice to a signed receipted deposit just 5 hours later, he has found a perfect home for me and my family and sorted all the small print details so that it followed a seemless path. Great appreciation for excellent service.

10. 1

£835
    Eleanor Popham

Once we looked at the house and decided we were interested everything went up hill from there. its going through really quickly which we are more than pleased with as our current situation means that we are over crowded. Overall the speed everything is going is way more than what we expected it to be and we are very grreatful for that. Eleanor was very polite and helpful and if it wasn't for her and her kindness none of this would have gone the way we hoped. So once again we are very grratful for the customer service we recieved.

11. A 4 Star review by  ,

, Natalie Witting
    Tw20
    Natalie Witting
    Natalie Witting

Please make people aware of the extra charges before offering it up on the final tenency agreement. Other than that pleased with service

12. 1

sl5
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio acted as letting consultant for the above property, he has been very professional and direct with his approach to finding the best client. I was impressed that he managed to pip the other agent to the post within a couple of weeks of having the property on the market.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AFTER SEVERAL YEARS USING TOWNENDS ESTATE AGENCY, I EXPECTED A BETTER LOYALTY DISCOUNT THAN WAS OFFERED TO ME.”

13. 1

£1100
    Emilio Ascione

The reason for such an excellent score was both of my properties came available recently and within days Emilio had found me a new tenant who would move in immediately. Since my properties are clearly a business to me this is exactly what I am looking for. I have dealt with Emilio in the past and have always found him to be extremely pro-active.

14. 1

£1250
    Emilio Ascione

Our first contact with Towends and Emilio were from a schedule view to a property that we saw in a website. This first property was no exactly what we were looking for, but Emilio get some details about what we would expect to find in our new home and from that offered us other properties views. He was very dedicated in find and show us properties that match our requirements and also into negotiate prices and moving dates with the landlords. Few days ago we find our new home thanks to Emilio and Towends. We are very satisfied with the service provided. We were conducting a broad search scheduling views with different estate agencies and branches and very few of them reach the same quality standards. We highly recommend it!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE RESERVATION FEES WERE LITTLE BIT HIGHER THAN WE WERE EXPECTING, BUT THE OTHER FEES WERE STANDARD.”

15. 1

Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

After reviewing all agents for the Egham area and speaking in depth to two agents we made the decision to use Townends. They were extremely professional and listen to our requirements and guided us through the process. This was our first development and was not quite aware of all the requirements needed to rent a property and Townends were always available to answer any queries. Townends do have a large database of clients requiring properties and within a week our property was let and had 3 clients putting an offer in. I will at this stage explain that we had just spent 6 months renovating the property and it was of a high standard so this would also have bearing as to why it was sort after.

16. 1

£1300
    Emilio Ascione

I am contemplating between a Good and Excellent rating, however, still decided on giving Excellent. Townends was giving the opportunity to get my property rented out. Although, they did not manage to market the property on Rightmove, they reacted quickly and have a list of potential clients on waiting list. They managed to organise a number of viewings on a single day and managed to let out the property really quickly, and the type of tenants that fits the bill. Not only that, they achieved to let out the property at the asking rate. They also respond to emails pretty quickly. However, I feel that there are rooms for improvement in terms of service. The overall feel and impression that I have is that they are hard and fast worker. The 'after sales' follow through may have fallen a bit short. For e.g. I wasn't inform of who the property manager will be, as it will be fully managed. I wasn't too concerned as I know I can always get these info a phone call away. But if it is more forth coming, perhaps it will be better.

View All Comments (1)by MWM  14/04/2015

Thank you for the honest feedback, we do value your opinion and appreciate it.
  17. 1

Sl5
    £1450
    Emilio Ascione

Nothing was an issue, always returned calls, knee whatever's looking for and found it. Still attentive after moving in

Comments on the Agents fees

“NEGOTIATED. AGREED IN THE END”

18. 1

Sold Price
    £25000
    Emilio Ascione

The estate agent saw an opportunity for a sale and did his utmost to ensure he got viewings straight away. He explained the fees and options available for receiving a secured rent payment and was generally very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend Townsend to any of my friends who are looking for tenants. Thank you from one happy customer.

19. 1

A 2 Star review by  ,

Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

Electricity and water meter readings missed, despite confirming the locations, and paying for a fully managed service. I had to liaise with the checkin company to resolve, and will obviously pay for the tenants utilised in the interim. Introduced tenants not us initially advised.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO SOME COMPETITION”

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1550
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been very pleased with the help and co operation in finding another property to rent, I would certainly use Townsends again if needed.

21. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    £1100
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Megan is helpful and always happy to answer our questions and is a pleasure to deal with. Happy prospective tenant :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY TO PAY FEES BUT WOULD RECOMMEND RE-EVALUATING TO STAY COMPETITIVE”

22. 1

£1300
    Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

We have received an Excellent Professional Customer Service from this agent. Emilio and Eve both have been very helpful and have used their great expertise to find a right tenant for us at right time. Its been pleasure doing business with them. We would strongly recommanded to use their service.

23. A 4 Star review by  ,

Eleanor Popham

This staff member has provided fast and comprehensive replies to queries raised via email and has made arrangements for various tests and inspections prior to letting.She has been proactive in all matters.Excellent. Better response times by other staff ,including at least acknowledging emails, would help improve the overall rating of the Agent.Progress reporting on the letting transaction would also be helpful.

24. 1

£950
    Emilio Ascione

Good all round service, prompt updates and let the flat with ease. Still got that estate agent chat that I sort of like, but others may be turned off by - don't try so hard Emilio. Enjoy having you let our properties and will continue to use you going forward.

25. 1

£950
    Emilio Ascione

We were dealing with a few agents at the time whilst we were looking for a property to let in Egham, Townend was the only one which went out of their way to find properties which suited our needs and as a result found us the perfect one. We were very happy with the service and professionalism we received.

26. 2
    people found this

Eleanor Popham, Eve Stewart
    Eleanor PophamEve Stewart
    Eleanor PophamEve Stewart

Very prompt responses to emails and positive phone manner. Very accommodating to requests and questions. We did not have extended dealings with the company, which in itself is probably a positive thing. We feel confident they will provide good service should we need to speak with them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT'S NOT LIKE WE REALLY HAVE A CHOICE. THE FEE WAS MORE THAN WE EXPECTED, BUT THAT COULD BE NAIVETY ON OUR PART.”

27. 1

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    SL4
    £1695
    Emilio Ascione

Superb customer service from this branch and always willing to accommodate. They showed us properties that matched our requirements and appointments were organised promptly and our agent arrived in good time. A good standard of properties too. All round SUPERB!

28. 1

£1
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found the staff at Townends to be very friendly and efficient. I was impressed that Megan visited the property prior to the first potential client visit to review all the plus points of the property and familiarise herself with the layout. A suitable tenant was found very quickly.

29. 2
    people found this

Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent is very professional and knowledgeable. He kept us upto date always ready to answer all the questions and went above and beyond to help.I highly recommend them !

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1200
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very fast, efficient, and professional. Reduced their fees upon my request. Very painless process from start to (hopefully) moving in.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DID / DO FEEL THE AGENCY FEES ARE VERY HIGH, HOWEVER MY REQUEST TO HAVE THESE REDUCED WAS MET.”

Page: