Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Earlsfield Branch, SW18

Branch rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 based on 48 ratings. This website contains 48 user reviews of Townends - Earlsfield Branch, SW18.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

364 Garratt Lane
Earlsfield
London
SW18 4ES

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 406 out of 24003 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.69 out of 5.00

• 46 recommend
  • 2 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

10 out of 22
in the Townends League Tables.
2 out of 54
in the SW18 League Tables
122 out of 4279
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, SW18

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

SW11
SW19
Earlsfield, Southfields, Tooting,Wandsworth, Wandsworth Common,
Wimbledon

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 22-May-2015 11:24:53

1. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1300
    Eleanor Murtagh

After having some very bad experiences with other agencies it has been a pleasure to meet and work with Eleanor. She has been professional, prompt, helpful and very much 'on the ball' ! Even when our first offer was not accepted she was quick to let us know and immediately offered more options for us to continue our search. We are looking forward to continuing to work with her and find our perfect flat!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE HAVE NOT PAID ANY FEES YET - THEY DO SEEM A BIT HIGH, BUT WE WERE TOLD THERE IS SOME ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION ON THIS.”

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1375
    Kieran Rigley

I have worked with a few letting agents since being in London but Kieran at Townends is by far the best. My girlfriend and I were in a bit of a quandary having been given unexpected notice on our property but within an hour of getting this I had spoken with Kieran who showed us round a property that day and confirmed our offer had been accepted within 24hours. His attention and professionalism afterwards (usually a time when some agents go missing) has been first-class and he has resolved any teething problems since making the move. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable, honest and hard-working letting agent.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1625
    Eleanor Murtagh

Eleanor was very professiona and immaculately turned out. With a good knowledge and friendly approach I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with her.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGHER THAN ACCEPTABLE.”

4. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1350
    Kieran Rigley

Kieran assisted in finding my partner and I a rental property in the Earlsfield area. During the search process he was highly proactive in arranging viewings when new properties came onto the market. He fully understood our needs and requirements and this resulted in us finding a property that exactly matched our criteria. He has also been very helpful with the administration process, ensuring all paperwork gets processed quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend Kieran to friends and family looking for a property in the area.

5. A 4 Star review by  ,

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Abigail Gibbs
    £1300
    Abigail Gibbs

Abi was very helpful as were the rest of the team at the Earlsfield branch. I felt really pleased with how quickly my property was rented out and felt supported and well informed throughout the process of getting new tenants. Thank you. Emma Cunniffe.

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

Alkesh Majevadia
    Alkesh Majevadia

Alkesh was instrumental in valuing and then selling the property. He has been extremely helpful and has been there all the way; phoning updates, giving advice and being very kind and always pleasant through a rather stressful situation due entirely to the inefficiency of the solicitors and nothing to do with Townends. I would highly recommend Alkesh and Townends and wish them every success in the future.

7. A 1 Star review by  ,

SW15
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Where do I start? Jon promised the world and DID NOT DELIVER ON ONE SINGLE THING!!! The property had gym access advertised. Jon had no idea about this, said he would find out and never did, despite me ringing him and persuing this information. He gave us incorrect move in dates initially. Then told of the different dates (which were mid-week) when I rung him to find out about the gym info. He didn\'t even ring me to tell me he had the dates wrong. I then asked if we could move in the following weekend (about 3x days later than proposed) Jon said he would ask for us, then confirm. The next... (read more

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“Read the above story, it is self explanatory.”

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Jon Chandler-Gray

Jon Chandler-Gray had an excellent knowledge of the market and clearly shines in an industry which is highly competitive, fast-moving and in my experience, liable to a cut-throat mentality from agents with less integrity as yourselves. He was extremely personable and went out of his way to help me in my search for a new home. His availability went beyond the expectation - he was available on text/mobile after hours and on Sunday when I wanted his opinion on my property search. I would have no hesitation in recommending Townends to others in future as a result of my experience working with Jon.

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Jon and Rebecca were both very helpful and easy to work with, they also were flexible with fees when we explained that we had another agent that was cheaper. They answered or returned calls and emails very promptly. We had a few problems with their referencing agent Homelet who were less than clear on requirements for a guarantor (I would ask Homelet to clarify exact wages needed and methods of proving employment available to save vast amounts of time and energy). However, I have to say that the whole team at Townends were chasing homelet for us and answering calls from me every half an hour so I could work out progress their end and at all times were pleasant and helpful. It is often when things don\'t go to plan that true colours show and in this case the whole team pulled together to help us out at 5pm on a Friday afternoon! I would definitely work with them again in the future and recommend them as a letting agent to others.

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nash went out of his way to help me in all aspects of a difficult sale. Polite, direct and friendly as well as super well-informed, Nash was an island of sanity during a time of dealing with some impossible buyers and avoidant council staff. Without his input, my sale would not have gone through before Christmas. I whole-heartedly recommend him as a sales agent.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

Rebecca Onafowokan
    Rebecca Onafowokan

Rebecca and Jon were both so helpful and did everything they could to help us find our first flat in a very competitive area. Huge Thanks

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Rebbeca Whitethread
    Rebbeca Whitethread

From the beginning of our search for a property Rebecca has been incredibly helpful. When we put an offer on the first house she did all she could to get it accepted and keep us informed. Despite us not getting it she was still positive we would find somewhere. Keeping us in mind, as soon as Fieldview became available I received a phone call and two emails from Rebecca asking if I wanted to view it. Rebecca and her manager also amazingly offered to not charge us Admin fees and worked tirelessly to get our offer accepted. We are now 3 very happy girls who are excited to move in to our new home! I would definitely recommend Rebecca and Townends to people wanting to move in to the area.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    SE14
    Jon Chandler-Gray

We used Townends to find a new tenant for our property which had been left in an awful state by a previous tenant whom we had to evict for non-payment of rent and other transgressions of the lease . We were feeling a bit vulnerable as it had been our first bad experience as Landlords. Jon, Daniel, Sam and Rebecca at Townends were all outstanding in their dealings with us, showing diligence, sensitivity, professionalism and speed in finding us a new tenant in less than 3 weeks from engaging them, at the price we wanted. I know there are some reviews on this site that are impossible to verify: this is not one of them. We would thoroughly recommend Townends Earlsfield as a team. We were not disappointed and are very satisfied customers.

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nash has been proactive and competent from start to finish and I wouldn\'t hesitate to recommend him. We have now just exchanged contracts and Nash was professional and persistent throughout; staying in close contact with all parties. I liked Nash from first phone call I made in (he rescued me from another agent who was clearly working for a seller who was never going to buy and strung me along for months); Nash had an offer £15k higher than my previous one within one WEEK and now we have exchanged, due to complete early Feb. Very happy with the service.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Nash has been extremely helpful and professional throughout the whole sale from beginning to end, and beyond. His professionalism, dedication and commitment has made the sale process to go smoothly, fast and easy. Nash is still offering help now even when the sale has been completed and he insisted offering help and taking us to the property as many times as needed so we could arrange labour for works even before completion. Not only he was helpful within his sales department, but also helpful on engaging and chasing with other departments within Townends such as Lettings and Finance. I will strongly recommend Nash in future as he has shown he cares about his customers.

16. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nash and his team at Townends have an excellent network from which they got me the best offer for my property- better than other agencies who were marketing the property simultaneously. They are thorough professionals who work with their client\'s interests in mind, communicate very well and do not mind going the extra length to help them- even when it is not one of their job requirements. Thanks for a wonderful experience- selling our property.

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

We would highly recommend Nick and his team at the Earlsfield branch. They were very welcomingand enthusiastic about sellng the property which they did very quickly and above the asking price!!

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

I sold my property with Townends, Earlsfield and found them to be very professional from the start to the end. The process was very painless and I was always kept informed throughout. Nothing was too much trouble and both Nick and Mark responded promptly to any queries I had. Great Customer service all round...Well Done!!

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

The Earlsfield branch were utterly professional from start to finish. Unfailingly polite and prompt, they kept me updated on every development and listened carefully to my requirements as a seller. Pleasant to deal with and easy to work with, I couldn\'t have asked for more from them. Having used a different branch in the past, and been very happy with them, I was pleased to find the same high level of service. I wouldn\'t hesitate to recommend them.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

In selling my property, Townends, Earlsfield (especially Nick Kyriacou) provided an exceptional and professional service. I was kept informed and up to date throughout the sales process. Nick went the extra mile in organising various additional requirements in relation to the sale, which was critical for me as I am not a UK resident. I highly recommend Townends and would have no hesitation in using them again.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends provided us with a professional, friendly service from the start. Stephen assisted us throughout the letting process and attended to all our requests promptly, going out of his way to ensure that all matters were resolved timeously. He also took note of our initial search requirements and suggested the perfect apartment, taking care of the necessary paperwork and subsequent arrangements efficiently. Stephen has also followed up on all our queries since we moved in, giving us peace of mind wherever possible. We were very impressed with the service we received and highly recommend Stephen and the lettings team to any newcomers to the Earlsfield area.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

He was very friendly, helpful and understanding of my needs. He was also helpful and on the ball after I signed the tenancy agreement and checked that all was well after I moved in.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Jean-Claude De Abreu

I mostly dealt with Jean-Claude within the Earlsfield office while trying to rent a 1-bed in the area. I found Jean-Claude to be very friendly and helpful throughout the process. He listened to what I was looking for and offered me properties worth viewing before they were advertised, which was amazing and frighteningly rare overall in the current lettings market. Jean-Claude was responsive and good at keeping in touch. There was a big delay finding out when exactly I will have access to the property which was a bit stressful (as I didn\'t actually get confirmation of it until the day before moving in). This was the only thing I wish they had been a bit more on top of, but overall I\'m happy with the experience and the people in the Earlsfield office are nice to deal with.

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Nick was thoroughly professional and helpful throughout the house buying process. From explaining all the options in detail to arranging damp specialists to offer an outside opinion he really went out of his way to be helpful. He was always punctual in following up on my queries and kept in close contact to let me know what was going on. I would definitely recommend his experience and patience to anyone looking to buy.

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

sw18
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was very happy with the level of service received from Townends. As a first time buyer I had many reservations and queries when it came to buying a property, however Mark and Nick were both very easy to talk to and were always able to provide sound advice. They were also noticeably flexible whenever I asked to arrange viewings and gain access to the property when required.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the moment we stepped through the door to Townsend we received great customer service from Michael. We had been on a long day of visiting estate agents and were having no luck with other agents. Michael was polite, helpful and funny (after the day we had had it was a welcome change!) and got us a site visit at a property after we had been in the shop for about 10 minutes! The property was exactly what we were looking for and we are now living there :) The whole process from start to finish has been seamless and I would definately use Townsend again! Thanks Michael!

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

sw17
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Just a quick thank you to the sales guys at Townends Earlsfield. My first point of contact was Jason, who unfortunately moved on but then I was lucky to be introduced to Nick and Mark. From start to finish, from when our first sale fell through to eventually exchanging, these guys were outstanding, professional, always available and nothing was ever too much trouble. We always felt they were fighting our corner and more importantly, they outstripped rival agents viewings by about 10 to 1. If I were looking to buy in the Earlsfield area I would definitely use Townends. My only pity is that they don\'t have an office where I\'m moving to as I would definitely use them again. Thank you guys.

28. A 4 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Michael has been really lovely and exceptionally helpful throughout our singing-up and moving process, and continues to be now that we have moved. He\'s really gone above and beyond- from showing us properties late on a Saturday evening to dropping our keys round when we were caught in traffic. He made the whole process painless and was a delight to deal with! Thanks!

29. 1
    person found this

A 5 Star review by  ,

Sw18
    Jean-Claude De Abreu

Our experience with Twnends has been fantastic! Jean-Claude was a friendly yet professional agent who has been incredibly helpful from the very first phone call and with queries since we have moved into the property. Our only small concern was that the check in lady did not do a thorough job, however Jean-Claude has been most helpful in sorting this out too. I would recommend using Townends.

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

Jean-Claude De Abreu

The service was really great. Jean Claude was very helpful in assisting to make sure that we got the property, as we all really liked the property very much. Jean Claude is still offering assistance where ever he can , this the most helpful letting agencies I have had to deal with. I commend them for their hard work and efficiency. Thank you very much.

Page: