Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Chiswick Branch, W4

Branch rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 based on 100 ratings. This website contains 100 user reviews of Townends - Chiswick Branch, W4.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

440 Chiswick High Road
Chiswick
London
W4 5TT

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 177 out of 24341 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.71 out of 5.00

• 95 recommend
  • 5 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

3 out of 22
in the Townends League Tables.
1 out of 58
in the W4 League Tables
62 out of 4331
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, W4

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

Chiswick, Bedford Park,Brentford, Kew,
Strand on the Green, Acton

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 28-May-2015 14:06:57

1. A 4 Star review by  ,

£1325
    James Atlee

James was very professional and friendly throughout my property search. He went out of his way to ensure that we could view the property at a time that suited my working hours - as a result, we made an offer on the property the following morning and we were really impressed with the level of customer service we had received. During this time,James prompltly answered all of my questions and made it clear that he was aware of our needs. He was always willing to answer any questions that we had, both before and after the tenancy agreement was signed. Thanks for all your help! :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THE CHECK IN FEE SHOULD BE PAID BY THE LANDLORD. I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE TO PAY £145 CHECK IN FEE ON A UNFURNISHED PROPERTY. I COMPLETELY AGREE TO PAY A CHECK OUT FEE WHEN I VACATE, BUT ITS FRUSTRATING TO PAY A CHECK IN SWELL.”

2. A 4 Star review by  ,

James Atlee, Josh Everton
    £1350
    James AtleeJosh Everton
    James AtleeJosh Everton

Very friendly staff, flexible, able to work around late / early viewings catering to need to NHS shift workers like me. Also been an excellent negotiator between myself and the landlord trying to work through conditions of tenancy agreement in a mutually beneficial manner, empathising with viewpoints of both landlord and tenant. Well done and please keep it up.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FEEL THAT THE INVENTORY CHECK IN FEES SHOULD BE PAID BY THE LANDLORD , NOT THE TENANT . AND CHECK OUT SHOULD BE PAID BY THE TENANT. SO THAT AT THE TIME OF CHECK OUT TENANT IS FREE TO SCHEDULE INVENTORY CLERK AT HIS OWN CONVENIENCE. IN MY HUMBLE VIEW, OMITTING INVENTORY CHECK IN FEE MIGHT REDUCE THE FEES IN GENERAL WHICH ONE HAS TO PAY IN ADDITION TO DEPOSIT AND FIRST MONTH'S RENT. THIS WOULD BE MY ONLY FEEDBACK. FOR THE AGENCY TO KINDLY CONSIDER. MANY THANKS.”

View All Comments (1)by MWM  14/04/2015

Thank you for your comments, your feedback is important to us.
  3. A 4 Star review by  ,

W43B
    £3250
    James Atlee

Very happy with the service. James, Hayley and Mark were great from start to finish. Thank you! If I was to give any constructive criticism.. if I recall correctly (!) - the cleaning service was changed without telling me from 9th to the 8th April - would have appreciated being told the date was changed so I could agree it as I wanted to be there. It turned out OK but just saying please keep landlords advised when dates change as I was planning other things around the plan we agreed. Also I asked for advance notice if the tenants wished to visit the property a second time before taking... (read more

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGREEMENT I MADE WITH TOWNENDS IN CHISWICK WAS A 'TENANT FINDING SERVICE ONLY' FOR A FLAT FEE. JAMES AND MARK FOUND ME A TENANT BEFORE FJLORD DID AND I WAS HAPPY WITH THE REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WE MADE. I AM SURE I WOULD USE TOWNENDS AGAIN ON BASIS OF THE SAME AGREEMENT. I WAS NOT REQUIRED TO SIGN THE T&CS (AS IN THIS CASE MOSTLY IRRELEVANT IT OUR AGREEMENT). MARK'S FLEXIBILITY ON THIS POINT WAS IMPORTANT AND WAS MUCH APPRECIATED. WE WERE ABLE TO PROCEED BECAUSE OF HIS AMENABLE APPROACH.”

View All Comments (1)by MWM  14/04/2015

Townends are always looking at how to improve our service offering, so thank you for your comments we appreciate your feedback.
  4. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1350
    Josh Everton

The communication, professionalism and attitude has been exemplary throughout the whole process. Josh has been very understanding with some difficulties I had with the previous landlord and helped to bring the situation to a resolution and successful transfer to a new property. 10/10

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE CONTRACT TO ENGAGE IN FILLING A PROPERTY IS BETWEEN THE LANDLORD AND THE AGENCY. THE RELATIVELY NEW TREND TO PASS THIS COST ONTO THE TENANT FEEL LIKE A SCANDAL WHICH I HOPE IS OUTLAWED ASAP.”

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I have found all members of staff that I have dealt with to be highly professional, capable and willing to sort out many problems that arise. ,and to do this with a cheery manner. Thank you

6. A 1 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    w4 3
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

terrible just because useless was not in the options. Rude, they do not inform you if a visit is being cancelled. Not good enough, their visits lasts for few minutes. the agent just say which room is which. This the bedroom, this is the toilet etc. did not mention brand new kitchen with hi tech features, same for the toilet, or for the original 1930's fireplace or all the works done in the flat. Never mentioned that we were ready to paint the flat and fix all the small problems. The just pick up people from the station and show them around. I saw more professionality in the musician that play for change in the tube station. To avoid like a pest

7. A 1 Star review by  ,

£1500
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In my case there have been several breaches of the Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents which meant stringent references were not obtained for tenants, conditional references were not reported and salient facts were withheld meaning I did not make an informed decision on accepting a proposed tenancy. Their complaints procedures avoided the issues raised and did not itself comply with the requirements of the code ! They even messed up on serving notice to tenants. Avoid this company if you are a landlord or perspective landlord.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE AT THE HIGHER END BUT THIS WAS NOT MATCHED BY THE QUALITY OF THE FIRM\'S PERSONEL THAT I DEALT WITH”

What could Townends do to change your mind?

“They could have followed their own complaints procedure by doing a proper investigation into the breaches of the code of practice of residential letting agents as soon as identified and complained about and formally responding within the codes deadline period.”

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Matt Huybrechts

After being disappointed by other agents in the area, I thought I try Townends and I am glad I did. Matthew at Townends Chiswick branch was easy to deal with, and the property was let very quickly and efficiently . I am about to instruct the Chiswick branch of Townends to market a second property.

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Matt Huybrechts

Matthew & his team were incredibly responsive & supportive in finding new prospective tenants to replace my existing tenants - also sourced by Townends. Their approach gave me the confidence to settle back & enjoy Christmas - A time when no-one wants to be wondering if their rental property will be empty when the New Year Party is over!

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent visited the property, very professional and courteous and not pushy like other agents in Chiswick. Once I have left the key the arranged the viewings and times with prospective tenants. Received many offers and they negotiated a good price for a 2 year lease.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

Matt Huybrechts

When I first went in to the office, Matt took a lot of trouble explaining the services Townends could offer me which I much appreciated. When the flat was ready to be let, he came to look it over, and gave a reasonable market price to aim for. He then organised an "open day" which he and his colleagues supervised and we were most fortunate to find a tenant on that first day. Both Matt and Harry have always been very helpful on the phone with my numerous queries. So far I have found Townends conditions a lot more honest than several other agents on the High Street. Hoping for a long and happy relationship!

12. 1

W4 5
    Chris Gann

I had an excellent experience when buying a property with Townends, particularly with Chris who was my first point of contact. They didn\'t hassle me in any way, I viewed the property on three separate occasions and I was never rushed and my contact with them was always extremely helpful and I would definitely consider selling with them next time I move.

13. 1

Matt Huybrechts

Excellent, very professional, worked very hard to secure a professional tenant. Rates and commissions reasonable, competitive and acceptable, however having multiple properties, would like a discounted rate!

14. 1

Tw8
    Matt Huybrechts

Helpful, enthusiastic, realistic, sociable, pragmatic service. I got the feeling that Matt cared and did his best. Fee was reasonable but not exceptional. Management of the letting process was efficient and successful.

15. 1

Upload a reviwer profile image

I felt during the purchase period ( which lasted approx 4 Months , quite a long period for a variety reasons ) that all my questions were answered in a prompt and professional manor , i also felt that the agents knew when to speed things up when required , but also conducted themselves in a friendly manor and were not over pushey and false .

16. 2
    people found this

tw8
    Chris Gann

Chris and co did a remarkable job for us. They delivered on their promises, kept us fully informed amnd achieved a sale for us at the price they predicted. Well done!!

17. 2
    people found this

w3
    Chris Gann

I took Townends along with 2 other agents and at the end Townends were the only ones left standing. It was not an easy sale and it took over 70 viewings, but at the end they managed to get an offer over the asking price with an excellent solid buyer. They showed up smiling and fresh to accompany each of the prospective buyers. When things looked difficult Chris and Mark, along with James Ashford came up with new strategies. They just didn\'t rely on internet hits. I felt valued and on top of the pile, even though my property was one of the smallests they had for sale. They showed an excellent understanding of the market and the area and never said a bad word about the competition. They proved their worth with actions. Their fee was also ver attractive.

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

the Towsends team met my expectations by dong what they said they would ie finding a tennant at the rent they forecast and within the time they forecast. Excellent Service

19. 1

Upload a reviwer profile image

I\'ve been happy with the overall level of service I\'ve received from Townends. From the initial market appraisal (where I liked the fact they suggested a different sales strategy to that of other agents, to help differentiate my property from similar ones on the market), to the viewings, receiving offers, and managing the process to completion.

20. 1

W4 4
    Matt Huybrechts

I have used Townends to let my property for five years and have recommended them to my friends as I have found the service to be extremely good. Emails are replied to promptly. The staff are always friendly and questions answered quickly. The rates are very competitive too :) Alison

21. 1

Chris Gann

Found Townends very professional and I dealt with Chris Gann from Day1. I found Chris very professional, knowledgeable of the area and of the Market overall.

22. 1

Chris Gann

Chris Gann really stood out and made the difference when I worked recently with Townends. He has a strong understanding of the market, is very professional and consultative in his approach, and works tirelessly to deliver on the brief.

23. 1

W4 4
    Upload a reviwer profile image

When placing our property on the market for sale we used several estate agents in Chiswick including Orchards, Dexters , Barnard Marcus and Townends. We had lots of problems with ALL but townends, We found their customer services to be exceptional, Their outstanding, Friendly staff and management leave no stone un - turned to give their customers a very high quality service. I would have no hesitation recommending Townend if you are thinking of selling your property as they are the best in Chiswick. Dave McLaughlin

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

James Atlee

Having searched for many properties with many agents, we found our ideal property and called the local office to book a viewing as soon as possible. Aware that the agents closed at 7pm we were not feeling very hopeful about getting a viewing right away. When we called the office I spoke to James, I must say his enthusiasm and energy really got me excited for our viewing, he also assured me that he had no problem taking us to the property at 8pm that evening. We met James at the property he was very professional and friendly, first impressions for us were this is agent who cares about us and not about getting a sale. Once we arrived we knew this property would be the one for us and we put in an offer there and then, James answered all of our questions and made it clear that he was aware of our needs. It took James all of half hour to come back to us and give us the brilliant that our offer had been accepted. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a pleasant and enjoyable letting experience.

25. 1

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have found the staff to be friendly, helpful and efficient and they were able to let our flat very quickly and were able to secure good tenants for us.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

No postcode selected.
    Matt Huybrechts

I have recently used Townends Lettings for a property I wanted to rent out. I dealt mainly with Matthew Huybrechts. Matthew has a very positive outlook and true to form, found me an excellent tenant in a very short time. The property had been with four other agents for over two months. He was very effecient in all his dealings and gave me good and sound advice. He was always polite and has a very pleasant manner.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Matt Huybrechts

We have been really happy with the service we had received from Matthew and his team. They proved to be extremely hard working and professional. They kept us informed throughout the whole process of finding tenants for us. We highly recommend Matthew and his team and will definitely contact them again in the near future.

28. 1

Upload a reviwer profile image

We were very impressed with the level of service and professionalism that Townends have provided to us. From start to finish, renting our properties through Townends has been a very smooth and efficient process. None of our properties were on the market for longer than 5 working days, with one-one & open house viewings being conducted daily. We received continual feedback throughout the marketing process and they even helped us in determining which offer to accept. I would have no hesitation in recommending Townends to anyone wishing to rent their property in the quickest and least stressful manner possible! Thank you for all your help with a BIG thanks to Matthew for his continued professionalism and personal level of service.

29. A 4 Star review by  ,

W4 5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends were very good agents. They were helpful. It was a pleasure to do business with. I would like to thanks Matthew, Ben, James and Lydia to let out my property. I would definitely recommend you.

30. 1

w4
    Matt Huybrechts

This is my first time using Townends to manage my property and I am very impressed. Matthew Huybrechts was extremely professional, courteous and got things done. In fact there were no problems from start to finish. Everything was done speedily, efficiently and professionally. I was pleasantly surprised with my choice of using Townsends as they really know the market place and my property was let within a week. I would highly recommend them and I hope to be a customer for many years to come. Thanks Matthew and to all the \'team\' in the Chiswick office.

Page: