Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends - Brook Green Branch, W14

Branch rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 41 ratings. This website contains 41 user reviews of Townends - Brook Green Branch, W14.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Townends

240 Blythe Road
Brook Green
London
W14 0HJ

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 486 out of 24901 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.9 out of 5.00

• 41 recommend
  • 0 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

11 out of 21
in the Townends League Tables.
1 out of 21
in the W14 League Tables
145 out of 4341
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Townends, W14

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • My Deposits

Areas Covered

W6SW6
W10
W11
Brook Green, Hammersmith, Holland Park,Shepherd's Bush, West Kensington,
Westbourne Grove, Earls Court

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 03-Jul-2015 14:56:06

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1408
    Anton Neil

Anton Neil has been outstanding with the service he delivers to me as a tenant & to the landlady. The flat got on the market on a Saturday and my offer was accepted on a Tuesday. He has fantastic people skills. He matched me, the tenant, with my landlady. I had specific requirements of having a lovely and caring landlady and vice versa. Anton recognised the opportunity from a phone call. Since then he is looking after us and made the process as smooth as possible. He has been extremely supportive with the contract development, given us opportunities to save money on the way. I am very grateful that Anton and his lovely colleagues are also looking after the management of the property which I rent. Anton is always available when I have a question or need anything. I cannot wish for anything more. Excellent service!

2. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

Anton was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I was very impressed right from the beginning through until move in. Anton was very easy to deal with, explained everything clearly, he responded to emails very quickly and everything was handled very professionally. I would have no hesitations in recommending Townends and would use them again in future myself.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil, Solomon Drummond
    £1400
    Anton Neilno photo
    Anton NeilSolomon Drummond

I had the very pleasant experience of working with this branch of Townends letting my house. I mostly dealt with Anton Neil, but also had the pleasure of meeting Solomon Drummond. They were both excellent. But let me rave about Anton as he was my main contact. He was extremely efficient, always answering calls or emails immediately. He was patient, relentlessly enthusiastic, and never made me feel I was wasting his time no matter how much I may have been wasting his time! He has a lovely manner, a refreshingly positive attitude and a great sense of humour. If Anton is representative of the calibre of agents across all of Townends, then Townends is now my estate agent of choice.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE A MANGEMENT CONTRACT - AND THE ONLY FEE I OBJECT TO IS THE LEGAL AND ADMIN FEE OF £250.00. I FEEL THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PART OF THE MANAGEMENT FEES.”

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Myles Molony
    £393000
    no photo
    Myles Molony

Townends were helpful throughout the process which took a long time, and continued to maintain contact with all relevant parties.

5. A 4 Star review by  ,

Myles Molony, Sophie Sterling
    W67N
    £435000
    no photoSophie Sterling
    Myles MolonySophie Sterling

Agent had buyer from the start, however, this was a very long and protracted sale, which first time around eventually fell through due to buyer reneging on deal. A second buyer was found very quickly with significant increase in sale price and the sale went through relatively quickly. Agents were very good in communications throughout the process, keeping pressure on both sets of solicitors to ensure an expedient sale.

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1600
    Anton Neil

Townends Brook Green, and in particular Anton Neil, did a fantastic job in letting out my property within good time and at a strong price point. I had never engaged Townends previously and was happy to remain with agents I had previously used. However the enthusiasm and confidence shown in the market value achievable on my flat encouraged me to give them an opportunity to market. Anton and team did their best, immediately arranging a number of viewings with offers coming in from day 1, allowing me a choice of offer. Once again, I felt the personal approach, flexibility and results driven approach were outstanding.

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sophie Sterling

Excellent service. She rang earlier to re-confirm the viewing which was nice, especially since I had a nightmare non-view with an agent from a different agency earlier. Re other agency - Out of courtesy I rang her I was a station away and will be few minutes late because of tube delays, she the decided to use my slot for another viewing and told me to wait 45 mins for her! This is typical of london agents, so it's a nice change to have Sophie in my next viewing. She was understanding when I explained what I like and don't like about the property, and did not push me to change my mind. I was insisting on a freehold property, but she explained how it may not always be as ideal as I had in mind - a reality check I appreciate. She was in touch with another Townends agent from a different branch re my next viewing, and very kindly dropped me off at the next property. All and all, excellent service, and I truly hope I will find THE property through Sophie.

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil, Solomon Drummond
    £2405
    Anton Neilno photo
    Anton NeilSolomon Drummond

My tenants gave two months notice back in February to leave our 3 bed flat. I immediately rang Anton at Townends, who we have used for the last 15 years. Always the pessimist, I was worried that I would have a void, and would we manage to find replacements quickly etc. Anton reassured me time and again 'of course he would find me tenants' and that there was loads of time....... He not only found tenants, but when their references weren't up to the mark, he found three more! very suitable, and they moved in on the same day that the others moved out. How good is that?!! I must say I was very impressed. And when he was not in the office, Solomon took over and did the viewings, and fielded my rather too frequent telephone calls to find out if everything was going ahead. being calm and reassuring. Whoever I was dealing with was courteous at all times, very professional and very friendly and easy to get on with. I would recommend this branch of Townends and will definitely use them next time.

“FEES ARE FINE”

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sophie Sterling

Sophie Sterling has been a shining example of a skilful Negotiator, she asked all the relevant questions about what my needs and requirements were, what preferences I had and if there was a rime frame to consider. Thus, right from the start, a number of unsuitable properties were eliminated, thereby saving time and effort viewing . She has a vast knowledge of the local property market, the comparative quality of buildings and streets and taught me where my best interests would be served. Always punctual, very polite and considerate, she conducted the viewings carefully and in command of full knowledge of the particulars of each property- Hard work, dedication and integrity: the very best qualities of Sophie.

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1350
    Anton Neil

I was looking to relocate back to London from abroad and had very limited viewing time available. From the beginning Anton was great and appreciated my need to be quick. All in all I found Anton responsive, flexible, clear in communications, very personable and in no way did I feel pushed into making a decision quickly which I have experienced in the past. I would highly recommend Anton and would have no issues in using his services again myself.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

£1600
    Anton Neil

Really great experience working with Anton and Townends in general. After several months of flat hunting and working with different agencies, we appreciated Anton's professionalism and genuine interest in helping us through the process. He was very reliable, quick to communicate and patient with our many questions. Very happy with the process!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIR COMPARED TO OTHER AGENCIES.”

12. A 4 Star review by  ,

Sophie Sterling

I really appreciated Sophie's professionalism and entuthiasm . I am a very difficult client and she pleased my research as she quickly understood my creterias and my standard.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Sophie Sterling

Great service and skills in resolve sale issue.. Happy to recommend family and friends, always available to answer questions. Thank you

14. A 5 Star review by  ,

SW5
    £375000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Myles was a god send to the whole selling process and kept me updated every step of the way. He sold the flat, which other larger corporate agents failed to do and got me a better price then any of them had offered me. Definitely will be a repeat customer.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (as a Buyer)
    , Sophie Sterling
    Sophie Sterling

Myles Moloney and Sophie Sterling were exceptionally professional and supportive through a complex and lengthy buying process. Both went out of their way to resolve any issues arising, reassuring all parties and keeping everything on track superbly. Follow up was consistent and timely. The entire office team were always on the ball, easy to work with and exhibited excellent customer service. There is obviously a great team dynamic and chemistry in place and I would highly recommend them to any prospective buyer or seller.

16. A 5 Star review by  ,

Solomon Drummond
    w14
    £1340
    no photo
    Solomon Drummond

Solomon is the definition of what an estate agent should be. At first we saw a property that was not exactly what we wanted, but Solomon perfectly understood our needs and the next day he showed us an apartment that met all our requests. He is very friendly, very helpful and you can see that he really cares about his customers. I would definitely work with Townends again.

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sophie Sterling, Anton Neil
    £830000
    Sophie SterlingAnton Neil
    Sophie SterlingAnton Neil

All staff at this branch have well developed customer service. Sophie, in particular is an excellent member of staff. She is always alert, eager to provide information about my specific requirements. She always keep me up-to-date about new properties that might be of interest to me.

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

Buying agent
    Sophie Sterling

Sophie is a very good agent, she is patient, always on the look out for something that meets my needs and requirements. She is discreet and doesn't call at times when I am not able to speak. She is well informed of the market and very knowledgeable.

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

£450000
    Sophie Sterling

It was an absolute pleasure dealing with Sophie during my property search. Her advice was helpful and she was generally upbeat and very nice. I look forward to working with Townends again.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

£2000
    Anton Neil

I've used Townends pretty much solidly since I started letting the flat in 2000. I have always found them to be extremely efficient and professional. I have dealt with Anton for the last 5 years - he has always been realistic about the rent I should expect and has consistently delivered on achieving that rent and finding good tenants quickly. I have had experience with other agents in the area, and I have found Townends have usually been the ones who've found me the tenants. They have also been mindful of existing tenants, and on the whole, have been very good at letting the incumbent tenants know, in advance, about when they are coming round for viewings. I would have no hesitation about recommending them to other landlords.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

w14
    Anton Neil

Townends at Brooke green have been our letting agent for several flats over the past ten years. I have always found them to be very friendly and efficient. Anton in particular has always gone that extra mile. I would (and have) recommend this office to anyone.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

We were really happy with the service we received from Anton at Townends. We were sent info on various properties and made bookings to view three of them the following Saturday. We viewed three really nice properties and made an offer on our favourite one which was accepted and within 2 hours of the viewing. This was by far the easiest and smoothest place I have rented, I picked up the keys first thing on the morning and everything was in place ready to go. It couldn\'t have been easier. Many thanks for your help with this all.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

Anton was really prompt and took into consideration all my requirements before showing me the properties. He was also very efficient in handling all the negotiations and the agreement was done very smoothly. Ben helped with tidying up all the contract agreement and kept me update at every stage. Was especially great as I was away on holiday but there was no complications and I am now ready to move in to my new flat this weekend! Thanks a lot to the Townends team! Definitely recommend them to anyone looking for efficient, friendly agents! Ben

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

I\'ve let my property with Townends since 2010 and have never looked back. The first person I liaised with was Anton and he has been brilliant for all the years I\'ve dealt with him. I can\'t recommend Townends enough - Anton has always found me tenants within 1-2 weeks of the property being on the market and the tenants have always been to a high standard, trustworthy, reliable and they pay on time!!! As for Anton himself; he is intelligent, honest, efficient, friendly, and very easy to form a rapport with. He will always go out of his way to help and calls with regular updates and news.... (read more

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Ben was very reactive to responding to my initial enquiry via the RightMove app. The first property wasn\'t to my taste, but Ben proposed more properties, which were mostly in good condition. Ben arrived on time for all of the appointments. In the end he proposed a property which I instantly loved and made a successful offer.

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

I couldn\'t have had a better experience with Townends. Anton Neil immediately came across as professional, well-informed, polite, insightful and diligent. When competing agents endeavoured to bargain on the rate to win the business, Anton was flexible and constructive. When I needed assistance securing a Gas Safe Certificate at short notice, Anton saved the day (and before he had even been formally instructed). When I needed a sofa delivered to the property, Anton recommended excellent movers that went well beyond the extra mile. Anton balanced optimism with realism in securing the right rent, and has always been on-hand to help with any queries I\'ve had. He instills nothing but confidence in me, which is a rare commodity in business (and in particular, his line of work). It is this feeling of trust that made me decided to instruct Townends. I couldn\'t recommend Anton and the staff of the Brook Green office of Townends more. A real class act.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Anton Neil

So far a positive experience renting through Townends. Anton was very helpful and answered all my questions quickly and efficiently.

28. A 4 Star review by  ,

Would you use the agent again? Yes

If I had only had to deal with James I would have given a excellent rating. Unfortunately I started off with another agent, who has since left, he did not give particularly good advice and the response from his initial market campaign was slow and very poor. Fortunately James took over and changed the marketing strategy this quickly resulted in several viewings and an offer was accepted. Even though I was in a different country and time zone, James was very good a keeping me informed on the progress during the sale, with regular email updates and phone calls. I was very impressed with his approach, advice and negotiating skills. I would have no hesitation in recommending James as best agent I dealt with at the Brook Green agency.

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have rented out my property through Townends for several years now. Anton has always worked really hard to get me back to back tenants meaning the flat has never stood empty and he sorts out any problems that have come up along the way in a professional manner and with eternal good humour.

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

Anton was very helpful in finding tenants for my property. He listened to my needs and my requirements and ensured these were met when looking for tenants. This was my first experience at being a landlord and Anton was very helpful in giving me the right guidance and answering any questions and queries that I had.

Page: