...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Smart Homes - B90

Branch rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 based on 98 ratings. This website contains 98 user reviews of Smart Homes - B90.

• Smart Homes has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Smart Homes, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Smart Homes

316 Stratford Road
Shirley
Solihull
West Midlands
B90 3DN

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 213 out of 25222 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.93 out of 5.00

• 97 recommend
  • 1 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 2
in the Smart Homes League Tables.
1 out of 23
in the B90 League Tables
2 out of 60
in the Solihull League Tables

Branch Information for Smart Homes, B90

Smart Homes is a local, award winning, independent Estate Agent specialising in sales and lettings in the Shirley, Dickens Heath, Solihull and surrounding area.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• ARLA
  • RICS
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)

Areas Covered

B90B27
B91B28
B92B47
B93
B94

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 4)

Page last updated on: 30-Aug-2015 13:20:05

1. 1

£247500
    Helen Sizer

Smart Homes are, in my opinion, a 'Smart Team' from beginning to end.

We have just moved both selling and buying via Smart Homes (for the second time). The service provided throughout the whole process exceeds expectations of a Selling Agent and is professional, friendly, and efficient.

Although all the staff were excellant, a special mention of Helen Sizer who was especially great in achieving our sale and purchase in a stressfree way.

We would certainly recommend Smart Homes to any prospective Sellers.

We will be back if and when we decide to sell in the future.

Very, very pleased.

2. 1

£1295
    Sarah Jenkins

Dealt with Smart Homes over the last few years and Sarah Jenkins for several years. I found all the staff their to be well trained, professional and prepared to go the extra mile. You can tell they have a smile on their faces when they speak to you; even over the telephone.

Highly recommended

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY PRAGMATIC LEVEL OF FEE”

3. 1

b28
    £750
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I let property through smart homes. they done a really professional job for me. They let property while my previous tenant was still there so there was very minimum void period.

4. 1

£700
    Senka Dragicevic

We have met Senka Dragicevic when viewing a house that Right Move was advertising previously. We didn't go for that property, but we were very impressed when Senka remembered us and what we were looking for, and on a later phone conversation recommended the property that we are now renting. I found Smart Homes very professional, and it was a pleasure to deal with Senka. Looking for a house was initially stressful and frustrating, with lots of agencies treating you as just "one of many". When dealing with Smart Homes, we felt that our particular needs were looked at and we got the support we needed to make the move when we requested.

5. 1

£79000
    Helen Sizer

Highly Recommended. Very friendly, professional and efficient service. They kept me updated every week on progress of my sale. Special mention for Helen who phoned me every week. She was excellent.

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

£850
    Senka Dragicevic

Smart homes carried out a valuation on the house on the Wednesday and it was advertised the same week on the Friday. Senka kept me really informed of the viewings and provided feed back to me same day. The house was let within a few weeks. First class service. Thank you Regards Tony

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE TOOK A MANAGED SERVICE.”

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

£170000
    Jamie SmartHelen Sizer

I was given clear concise advice and information on price and marketing. Updates on the progress of my sale were given weekly as arranged. All members of staff were professional, approachable and easy to speak to, in my view easing the whole process. I've used Smart Homes twice before and would definitely use them again.

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

b90
    £135000
    Helen SizerEmma Daffurn

I used Smart Homes to sell my previous property. They were extremely helpful and thorough in all dealings and regularly chased the solicitors for outstanding information. They also kept me updated every step of the process. This is the second time I have used Smart Homes and highly recommend their services. I will certainly use them in the future if needed.

9. A 5 Star review by  ,

Helen Sizer, Jamie Smart
    £228000
    Helen SizerJamie Smart

Smart homes helped with the sale of my late fathers house . All the staff at the Shirley branch were very helpful and kept me updated through out the whole sale . I would have no issue using the company again .

10. A 5 Star review by  ,

£267500
    Helen Sizer

Smart Homes sold my Mom's bungalow in what were difficult times for our family. They were courteous, gave regular feedback and helped resolve problems fairly between us and the buyer.

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

Helen SizerEmma Daffurn

Fantastic customer service, I didn't need to contact them once. They contacted me at least twice a week to let me know the progress of the sale and if there was an issue, they took the responsibility to sort things out. They even contacted us on Saturday and Sun=days where necessary. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and if I were to sell again, I would certainly appoint Smarts to sell for me

“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY”

12. 1

Helen Sizer, Jackie Jenkins
    £142950
    Helen SizerJackie Jenkins
    Helen SizerJackie Jenkins

We sold and purchased a property with Smart Homes. They have been fantastic throughout & have kept us up to date with every aspect of our sale & purchase. Our property had been on the market ten months with a different estate agent & had not sold. Once we switched to smart homes, it sold within a month! The staff are fantastic & always return calls & queries. We would definitely recommend & use smart homes in the future.

13. 1

No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Did what it said on the box! Prompt, polite service - found a great tenant at a really good rent. Slight teething problems with rent payment sorted out quickly without fuss. All good now!

14. 1

B91
    £285000
    Jamie SmartHelen Sizer

Great Service and very efficient from start to finish. All of my dealings with Smart Homes have been hasstle free.

15. A 5 Star review by  ,

£450
    Senka Dragicevic

Senka was most helpful and advised us in every respect - in order for us to secure the 'Let' Studio Flat we wanted. I would highly recommend using Smart Homes

“REALLY REASONABLE”

16. 1

A 4 Star review by  ,

Isobel Carter, Senka Dragicevic
    £695
    Isobel CarterSenka Dragicevic
    Isobel CarterSenka Dragicevic

As a landlord no longer in the area, I am happy to leave things to the Smart Homes team, safe in the knowledge they will take care of things sensibly and pragmatically. Quick to find suitable tenants and provide sound advice on an ongoing basis.

17. 1

£190000
    Jamie SmartHelen Sizer

An excellent service from start to finish. Jamie's Smart was our initial point of contact when he valued our house. He was professional yet approachable with a relaxed manor. Helen was brilliant during the sale process, she kept us up to date weekly and had good advice when things took a downward turn! Very positive attitude. Excellent service by all.

18. 1

Helen Sizer, Jamie Smart
    £220000
    Helen SizerJamie Smart

Viewings were always arranged with little fuss and always accompanied. After the sale of the property we have been given regular updates but above all, fantastic customer service from Helen. She quickly got to know us and made the process as stress free as possible!

19. 1

£215000
    Jamie SmartHelen Sizer

Great to find an estate agent that is on the ball and totally understands the requirement to liaise and inform throughout the sales process. Would thoroughly recommend the company to anyone requiring a professional estate agency service in the Shirley area

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Helen Sizer, Joshua Field
    £195000
    Helen SizerJoshua Field
    Helen SizerJoshua Field

The service from evaluation to completion has been amazing, I could not ask for better. Weekly communication with updates and support. All members of staff are approachable and friendly, no question was ever too small. Smart made the whole process easy and understandable. I could not thank them enough, the best money I have spent in the house moving process.

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    B94
    Joshua Field

I met with josh Field at a new property in B94, he was courteous and on time! we chatted about the property I was viewing and I asked him to furnish me with some answers to my questions. He emailed me back later that day and answered all of my five questions. I would use Smart Homes again and would most definitely ask for Josh to show me around.

22. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sales (Prospective customer)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Extremely conscientious and hard working staff. Very pro-active in what was at times a difficult sale. Regular weekly updates even if nothing to report. Consistently cheerful and very helpful.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

£795
    Senka Dragicevic

At the beginning of March this year I contacted Smart Homes at their Dickens Heath office as I wished to let my apartment which is in the local area. I dealt with Senka Dragicevic who was extremely efficient and very helpful explaining the process in full detail. Senka came to inspect the property a few days later and to take photographs etc. On the same day Senka informed me that she had a prospective tenant who subsequently viewed the apartment, liked it and within a few days all background/references/credit checks etc had been carried out and the tenant was in situ! I am delighted with Smart Homes and could not wish for better service. I would certainly recommend them.

24. A 4 Star review by  ,

Helen Sizer, Lynnette Somers
    £200000
    Helen Sizerno photo
    Helen SizerLynnette Somers

Smart Homes had a buyer in mind before the board went up and it was advertised. The first person that viewed gave us the asking price. We wanted a quick completion and we found Helen to be very helpful when dealing with queries and always returned our calls. We bought the property from them five years ago and found them helpful hence why we used them to sell and we wasn't disappointed in the service.

25. A 5 Star review by  ,

b92
    £139
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have used Smart Homes for a number of years as letting agents for our property, and they have always been excellent in choosing tenants for us. They have also responded quickly and professionally to any queries or problems we have had. Inspections of the property have always been made on time, and their reports to us very prompt, giving us peace of mind . We have also used Smart Homes in selling this property, and they found a buyer within two weeks of going on the market.... And gave weekly updates on progress leading upto completion. We have named two of the staff whom we have dealt with, but everyone else there have also been great..

“VERY GOOD”

26. A 5 Star review by  ,

B14
    Helen Sizer

We bought our property using Smart Homes in Shirley and we found their service fantastic. Everybody in the office were very helpful, especially Helen Sizer, who went above & beyond to help us. We would really recommend their service to prospective buyers.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

£139000
    Jamie Smart

We have had a few dealings with smarthomes as we bought our first home with them then sold with them too. I can not speak highly enough of all the team at smart homes they sold our property in just 6 days and have been fantastic when Jamie first valued it he was really professional and offered great advise after we dealt with Helen who has been an absolute pleasure to deal with she has kept us upto date every step of the way she is always first to chase things up and keep you in the loop! If you are looking to use an agents that make you feel that your property is there priority smart homes is certainly the right choice!!! 5 star service and very impressive customer service! Mr and mrs bird

28. A 5 Star review by  ,

£194000
    Helen Sizer

I bought a property in Shirley area through smart homes and highly impressed by the level of service and follow up provided by Helen Sizer and the team. I was looking for a suitable home in shirley since 2013. I always found staff at Smart Homes very friendly and willing to help all the time. Helen was amazing in her follow up and in keeping me posted in the progress of purchase.

29. A 5 Star review by  ,

Joshua Field, Helen Sizer
    b90
    Joshua FieldHelen Sizer
    Joshua FieldHelen Sizer

I recently decided to buy a property in Shirley when I relocated from my home in Essex. I was strange to the area so I was visiting for a few days and in order to get the maximum viewings Josh helped in organising the appointments for me and even made sure I knew where the next appointment was so I didn't get lost. Nothing was too much trouble Helen Sizer went beyond the call of duty, even phoning me in the evening to update me on my purchase and never once did she fail to contact me when she said she would.She was always happy and positive even when I wasn't! This was a difficult... (read more

30. A 5 Star review by  ,

B27
    £267500
    Helen Sizer

The sale took a very long time due to the buyer issues in getting a mortgage. Smart Homes updated me every week on the status of the sale and pushed hard to get this completed.

31. A 5 Star review by  ,

B13
    £244950
    Helen SizerEmma Daffurn

Our experience with Smarthomes was an extremely positive one. Everyone there was very professional and helpful and if they said they were going to do something they did it without fail. They never left you waiting about for calls, if they didn't have an answer for you they always called before the end of the day to let you know the position. They also helped us in ways beyond their remit when we encountered a few problems with the property we were purchasing. We would recommend them to everyone and if we were in a position to move again would not hesitate to contact them to act on our behalf. We would like to thank everyone there for making our new venture as stress free as could be.

32. A 5 Star review by  ,

Senka Dragicevic, Hannah Delaney
    CV12
    £495
    Senka DragicevicHannah Delaney
    Senka DragicevicHannah Delaney

Me and my partner have for the first time rented a property and we chose smart homes as the property we fell in love with was with them. The staff within smart homes including Senka and Hannah have been genuinly very helpful and polite throughout the process. As it was our first time it was pretty stressful but Smart homes put us at ease with all concerns/complications we had, reassured us they would do everything in theior power to make sure we get what we need as quick as possible. They were efficient and responsive. I felt like a bit of a pest as i was calling the girls at smart homes everyday with queries and for advise but not at one point did they make me feel i was an annoying customer. They came across like they work extrememly hard not just for us but all their customers to meet their needs and give satisfaction to their customers. Very happy tenants indeed : )

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE BOND FEE WAS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE (MONTH AND A HALF) FOR A 2 BED APARTMENT BUT THIS IS THE LEAST AS OUR WORRIES AS WE GOT WHAT WE WANTED THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.”

33. A 5 Star review by  ,

B27
    £134000
    Helen Sizer

Helen Sizer has been brilliant at keeping me up to date with everything, without her input the whole process could have been very stressful. The communication channel is permanently open. Would definetely recommend Smart Homes.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OF COURSE WE WOULD ALL LIKE LOWER FEES, WOULD PREFER FEES LINKED TO THE SALE PRICE I.E. TO WORK LIKE STAMP DUTY”

34. A 5 Star review by  ,

£225000
    Helen Sizer

From offer to completion took 6 months as purchaser used delaying tactics to try to reduce price of sale. Throughout Helen Sizer and her team provided us with positive weekly updates and reduced the stress levels of us having to deal with the purchaser. Helen was at all times sympathetic and listened to our moans and groans. Any problem we had was dealt with "leave it with me, it is not your problem now, don't worry" and on the next update Helen gave us the result of the solution to the problems. Without the support of Helen we would have pulled the sale a long time ago.

35. A 5 Star review by  ,