Portico | London Estate Agents

Portico - Clapham Branch, SW4

Branch rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 based on 152 ratings. This website contains 152 user reviews of Portico - Clapham Branch, SW4.

• Portico has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Portico, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Portico

5 Clapham CommonSouth Side
Clapham
London
SW4 7AA

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 107 out of 24913 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

4.81 out of 5.00

• 149 recommend
  • 3 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 12
in the Portico League Tables.
1 out of 36
in the SW4 League Tables
42 out of 4342
in the London League Tables

Branch Information for Portico, SW4

No description for branch.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• NAEA
  • ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • OFT
  • DPS

Areas Covered

SW8

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 6)

Page last updated on: 05-Jul-2015 07:18:06

1. A 5 Star review by  ,

Jake Fahey, Luke Parle
    sw4
    £390000
    Jake FaheyLuke Parle

Great work from Jake in progressing the sale on both sides, quick to respond and circulate any messages. Also Luke helped out when Jake was not around so the buy was never left idle, Thanks

2. 1

£390000
    Luke Parleno photo
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

The sale was handled professionally. Jake and Luke in particular made sure I understood the process at each step of the way, liaised with both sets of solicitors, advised me and kept me well informed. Having already moved away from the area I felt confident that they were managing the sale well for me, and they assisted me with a number of problems I had during the sale process by acting as key holders etc.

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Luke Parle, Peter Bale
    SW11
    £1350000
    Luke ParlePeter Bale

Luke was exceptionally good with communications - email & phone. He responded promptly and always did what he said he would do. We always knew what the position was with the sale. We would have no hesitation in recommending him.

4. A 5 Star review by  ,

Jake Fahey, Luke Parle
    £270000
    Jake FaheyLuke Parle

Luke and Jake from Portico Clapham providing an excellent service during the purchase of an investment property. Very responsive, timely and helpful at all stages of the process. Thanks guys.

5. A 5 Star review by  ,

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    £1400
    no photono photo
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Very professional in all aspects. Called back / contacted when they said they would. Kept me fully informed of progress. Offered assistance to arrange repairs and replacement of white goods. Would strongly recommend them.

6. A 5 Star review by  ,

Angelica Wong-Diffa
    SW17
    £1400
    Angelica Wong-Diffa

Angelica was very helpful in terms of advising what would make my property more appealing. She was patient and supportive while the renovations were being done and then speedy in finding appropriate tenants and efficient with the paperwork. Overall, very impressed.

7. A 5 Star review by  ,

£370000
    Luke Parleno photo
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Luke Parle was my main contact and he was always helpful and polite and kept me upto date on events. Peter and Jake were also very helpful and when brining prospective buyers considerate of my expectations. They always informed me if a prospective buy did not turn up.

8. A 5 Star review by  ,

£378000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Dealt with Luke and Jake who were both great at helping out with any questions we had and made the process as smooth as possible. Any question we had was answered promptly and as first time buyers this helped so much.

9. 1

£620000
    Luke Parle

This agent is accurate with their valuations. Realistic and truthful with all aspects of this sale. Both friendly and efficient . I highly recommend Luke Parle. Probably the best agent I've worked with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“BEST AGENT I'VE DEALT WITH SERVICE AND FEES.”

10. A 4 Star review by  ,

SW17
    £16000000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Had a very easy home purchase which I was not expecting knowing that you can have a difficult time purchasing a home. Jake who met me at the property was always punctual and polite and swift to reply to any emails, Luke who oversaw the whole purchase and dealt with the vendor was again very helpful, on the ball and swift to respond by email or telephone. He smoothed over the one small glitch efficiently and was helpful. Both Luke and Jake always asked if there was anything else they could do and I felt they were very engaged in the whole process. So now we are the owners of our first home thanks Luke and Jake and I am very grateful

11. A 5 Star review by  ,

sw23
    £955
    Ivette Szucs

From the moment we met Ivett Karman on a flat viewing she was looking after us in true professional manner. On the day of our viewing she arrived with nice brochure containing all information about the property. I found this very useful and during my flat hunt she was the only agent who provided this kind of information to us on the scene. It was a great first impression and my experience hasn't changed up until today where I am now writing this review sitting on the couch in our living room at our new place. Getting the rental agreement in place has been challenging due to some personal... (read more

12. A 5 Star review by  ,

Angelica Wong
    sw16
    £250000
    Angelica Wong

I would like to highly recommend the services of Bushell's and in particular Angelica Wong. Angelica is by and far the best letting agent I have dealt with in the last 12 years of renting out my flat in London. I reside in Australia and need the support and confidence in the letting team to make the right calls and to help with all the day to day running of the property. Great service and superb interactions with all of the Bushell's team. Thank you.

13. A 5 Star review by  ,

£500000
    Luke ParleJake Fahey

Both Jake Fahey and Luke Parle were outstanding agents. They always made time to organise viewings even if these were incredibly last minute. They were always friendly and helpful, even post sale. Thanks so much guys- I am very happy in my new nome ;)

14. A 4 Star review by  ,

Angelica Wong-Diffa, Nathan Read
    no photono photo
    Angelica Wong-DiffaNathan Read

Amanda Wong Diffa was my first introduction to Bushells' letting service. She was helpful and informative. She also quickly and effectively organised the advertising and successful letting of the property. Her staff have been equally efficient. During the period of letting Nathan has been a very effective intermediary and organiser. If we were not selling the property we would be more than happy to continue to use Bushels and have no hesitation in recommending them to other landlords.

15. A 3 Star review by  ,

Ivette Szucs, Aleksandra Galla
    £1250
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Ivette Szucsno photo
    Ivette SzucsAleksandra Galla

The process in my opinion is convoluted and over complicated. I will admit straight away that my working situation was a bit difficult as I was moving jobs at the time of the flat search and this made getting references take longer than both parties would have liked. The initial payment system failed twice before I managed to get it to go through for the deposit. On further inspection this was due to the phone number being wrongly captured from the form we filled in. It had one number too few and 1 incorrect digit. After finally paying the fees, which are much higher than most other... (read more

Comments on the Agents fees

“RATHER EXPENSIVE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.”

What could Portico do to change your mind?

“Rather expensive when you consider the lack of professionalism.”

View All Comments (2)by High Expectations  24/03/2015

This website has change what I wrote for, "What could Bushells do to change your mind?" I actually said, Clear up their convoluted process. Be more clear and professional in their comms. Not send my personal details to strangers without my permission.
  16. A 4 Star review by  ,

Luke Parle

Friendly staff and not aggressive like some other Estate Agents (I will not mention their name(s). I Would definitely use Bushells again, to sell, buy or let a property. Overall a very positive experience from start to finish.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I UNDERSTAND THAT THE FEES ARE STANDARD AND COMPETITIVELY SPEAKING, WAS CHEAPER THAN SOME OTHER AGENTS IN SOUTH LONDON. HOWEVER WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF ONLINE ESTATE AGENTS, MAYBE HIGH STREET ESTATE AGENTS CAN REDUCE THEIR FEES, OR OFFER NEGOTIATION ON FEES.”

17. A 5 Star review by  ,

SW12
    Christopher Lloyd

We expressed an interest in a property we found on Zoopla. Chris called us back within no time at all and took all of our details. He quickly arranged a viewing for us, despite it being rather late in the day. He arrived at the property before us and was really helpful, answering all of our questions. We then decided to go ahead with renting the property and all subsequent calls/emails from him were polite and informative. He responded to our enquiries immediately and went out of his way to help us. I would recommend using Bushells and would encourage you to ask to speak to Chris!

18. A 5 Star review by  ,

£495000
    Luke Parle

after initially making a wrong decision to sell my property with A.N Other agent, I reverted back to Bushells who had sold my previous property in Brixton. It was reassurning to know that Luke Parle is still active in supporting the vendors. Luke brings calmness to the many and various hurdles that occur during the process, which helped enormously. I have now sold two properties with Bushells and always been satisfied.

19. A 5 Star review by  ,

SW11
    £640000
    Luke Parle

Luke sourced a buyer quickly and handled any issues with a high degree of professionalism and tact. I would highly recommend him.

20. A 5 Star review by  ,

Luke Parle, Peter Bale
    SW49
    £1375
    Luke ParlePeter Bale

Despite having five estate agents down the road, we followed the glowing reviews and went with Bushells. It was a happy choice. Luke Parle and Peter Bale have been outstanding in the service which they have given us. Our house went on the market on the Saturday and our buyer came to view the following Monday. By Thursday we had clinched the deal. At every point Luke has been there supporting and helping us. He gave us the names of three solicitors who he felt would give a good service so that we had a choice, and then when stamp duty was changed in the Autumn Statement, he speeded up the process of exchange of contracts by talking with our solicitor and getting everything completed satisfactorily. Luke has kept us informed of every aspect of our house move in the most helpful way possible. We can't imaging that anyone else could have matched the excellence of this service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LUKE EARNED HIS FEES FOR BUSHELLS.”

21. A 5 Star review by  ,

sw2
    £490000
    Luke Parle

Luke went out of his way to make sure that my property was sold at a fair price to an appreciative buyer. All the supporting team were excellent and went the extra mile to make the transaction happen. I highly recommend the Clapham branch for Bushells for anyone selling a property in the area

22. A 4 Star review by  ,

SW16
    £850
    Christopher Blacketer

Christopher showed me around a studio flat in Streatham. He was on time and was polite and friendly. He answered all my questions about the property and had the neccessary paperwork at hand. His customer service was excellent.

23. A 5 Star review by  ,

Peter Bale, Luke Parle
    SW8
    £405000
    Peter BaleLuke Parle
    Peter BaleLuke Parle

Our initial contact was via Peter Bale who showed us the property on 3 occasions, always turning up to meet us at the time agreed. The handling of the offer was painless and Bushells worked quickly on our behalf as another prospective buyer was interested. Suggested exchange and completion dates were put forward and agreed. Throughout the buying process we had a number of queries which Luke Parle dealt with liaising with the seller. We were happy to get things moving via this route rather than always through solicitors. Towards the end we did wonder if it would happen as agreed but Bushells kept us in the loop and in the end we completed just a week after the original suggested date. Both Peter and Luke were very professional in their dealings with us and I would be happy to recommend them.

24. A 5 Star review by  ,

sw2
    £1450
    Christopher Blacketer

My husband and I have had a nightmare over the last 6 mnths with our previous property having to have endless construction and very bad service from the previous estate agent. Chris and Bushells have been a breath of fresh air. We are moving into the new property today having put in an offer only a week ago. Thanks to Chris and the team.

25. 1

£385000
    Luke Parle

Went with Bushells when selling my flat in Clapham as, although I had the property valued by a couple of other agents, I got a good vibe from Luke who came to value. Initial instincts turned out to be true and and the property was marketed quickly and well. Several offers went in on first day of viewing. Communication was good throughout the process of getting to exchange. All in all Bushells provided a great service and I would recommend using these guys to sell your property

“FEES WERE REASONABLE”

26. A 4 Star review by  ,

SE5
    £385000
    Peter Bale

Peter was very pro-active and contacted us regurlarly with properties that might interest us and match our requirements. He was very quick to respond to all our queries and dealt with all aspects of the sale in a very efficient way from start to finish.

27. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sw16
    £867
    Ivette Szucs

Ivett was on time when she showed us the property. She kept us up to date on the required documents. Alex was prompt in dealing with the contract and getting all necessary documents checked. Overall, they made our transition to our new home a smooth one. And we cannot thank them enough for their good work and excellent professionalism.

28. 1

Christopher Lloyd, Luke Parle
    Christopher LloydLuke Parle
    Christopher LloydLuke Parle

Chris was very proactive in the sale of the flat. There were unforeseen circumstances that forced the sale to take a lot longer than anticipated but Chris and Luke kept me informed at all times and gave me good advice about how the market was doing financially. They were always good with communication particularly by email. Great doing business with this office, as always. Thank you!

29. 1

Luke Parle

Thank you to Luke for all his hard work and personable efficiency. He always made time to answer my queries and no question was too \'stupid\' and he made far more sense than the solicitors! If Luke wasn\'t available then other members knew exactly what was going on. He was pro active without hassling. He made the whole process easy and not at all stressful.

30. 1

Luke Parle

Luke Parle was instrumental to this protracted and complicated multi purchase deal proceeding to fruition. He was a courteous, calm, well organised and extremely professional at all times acting as a conduit between all parties. I have no doubt he was a major reason we proceeded to exchange!!

Page: