FREE Valuation

Peter Heron Estate Agents - Fulwell Branch, SR6

Branch rating: 3.9 out of 5.0 based on 21 ratings. This website contains 21 user reviews of Peter Heron Estate Agents - Fulwell Branch, SR6.

• Peter Heron Estate Agents has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Peter Heron Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Agent Overview

Peter Heron Estate Agents

15 Sea Road
Fulwell

Sunderland
SR6 9BS

Read all reviews of this agent

Contact Agent

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

Embed the official allAgents Ratings widget on your site! Just copy and paste the following code!

The default widget dimensions are width:250px; height:370px; But this can easily be tweaked by changing the numbers in the code.

This branch is ranked 2750 out of 25089 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

3.86 out of 5.00

• 17 recommend
  • 4 disapprove

Subscribe To Agent's RSS Feed Print Branch Report

FREE valuation

This branch is also ranked:

1 out of 4
in the SR6 League Tables
4 out of 34
in the Sunderland League Tables

Branch Information for Peter Heron Estate Agents, SR6

Peter Heron Residential Sales & Lettings specialise in sales and rentals within the City of Sunderland. We have been established as an estate agent and property specialist since the early 60's and as the business has grown, we have seen the Sunderland area develop and change into the diverse place that it is today.

Our City Centre Branch is located in the heart of Sunderland's City Centre on Fawcett Street and covers all properties to either buy, sell or rent south side of the river within the areas such as Ashbrooke, Barnes, High Barnes, Tunstall and many more properties within the SR1 SR2, SR3, SR4 & SR7 areas.

Our Fulwell Branch is situated a 5 minute walk away from Sunderland's magnificent coastline and covers properties to either buy, sell or rent that are located north side of the river including the coastal suburb of Cleadon, Roker & Whitburn and many more properties within the postcodes SR5 & SR6.

Whether you are looking to buy, rent, sell of let a property in Sunderland, feel free to come in to either of our offices or call us on 0191 510 3323.

No photo or video of branch available

Registered With

• NAEA
  • ARLA
  • The Property Ombudsman (Sales)
  • The Property Ombudsman (Lettings)
  • TDS

Sold Price
    £135000
    Lynsey McConnellno photo
    Lynsey Peter Heron

Trying to buy a house for sale via Peter Heron has been a nightmare. They must be the worst estate agent in the UK . Totally unreliable in terms of returning calls and updating the buyer. If I was ever to sell a house Peter Heron would be the last Agent we would use. I complained about miss information from a member of staff who they sacked and then received a letter of apology from a director as they had not followed the code of conduct and misled us with information . despite that they still failed to return calls and the situation became worse again. Do not deal with this firm if you can help it. all they are interested in is the fee to sell a house and they will cheat you and lie to you as a buyer to suit the seller. do not use this firm.

2. A 4 Star review by  ,

Upload a reviwer profile image

When the representative of Peter Herron first came to my property I was a little disappointed at the estimation of value. It was far lower than my expectations and so asked for the property to be sold at £10,000 above the valuation price. The property in fact sold for above the valuation price. There were many complications with the sale which were dealt very efficiently with by the staff of Peter Herron and I sought support on numerous occasions and was dealt with in a very polite and efficient way. All calls were usually made when they were promised and information was provided when requested. The staff were generally very supportive and friendly whenever I visited the branch. I would recommend other buyers and sellers to use Peter Herron

3. A 5 Star review by  ,

Sr6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The Sea Road branch were great. If I had any questions I didn't hesitate to ring them or pop in to the branch. I was made to feel relaxed and comfortable talking to them. I would use them again and would recommend them to friends and family without hesitation.

4. 2

sr6
    Lynsey

I bought a property through this estate agents and although the completion took longer than anticipated, through no-ones fault, i cannot stress enough how helpful Lynsey was throughout the process. This was my first property that i was buying and when i wasnt sure of the process, i rang and asked Lynsey a whole load of questions many, many times and she answered them honestly and to the best of her knowledge. My calls were always returned promptly if she was busy with other people, and I was always treat with respect. Peter Heron offers a very professional service and I am very happy with the outcome of my purchase.

5. 2

Lynsey

I would just like to thank you Lynsey for all of your help and the professional service provided by yourself and the company. Thank you so much. Kindest Regards Linda Straughan

6. 2

sr5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

initial meetings were professionally handled . access to partner as well as staff was good during sales process for advice / assistance . we were regularly kept up to date about progress , statements giving details of viewings/people who have expressed interest . advice given during the offer process was balanced . after offer accepted received updates about progress on legal front , completion etc .

7. 2

Lynsey

Lynsey was extremely helpful whenever I called she always as things chased up straight away And always called me back (usually within minutes). Would not hesitate to recommend or use peter heron again. Lynsey is a credit to peter heron :)

8. 2

Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent arranged the viewing of the property. They also informed the seller of the offer for the property and informed me of acceptance of the offer. The agent passed on the particulars to my solicitors. The agent chased up queries with the seller and her solicitors with regards to chasing up indemnity insurance for the property and a co-trustee for the transfer document. The agent rang me on the day of completion to tell me when I could meet the seller to collect the keys. The agent was courteous and polite when speaking on the telephone.

9. 2

SW
    Becky Fenwick

Becky was very helpfull during the purchase of the above property. Being a bank repocession we needed to be instructed during the short time scale we had available (2 weeks ) in order to exchage contracts on time and pick up the keys as earlly as possible as I was returning to work offshore the next day.

10. 3

Upload a reviwer profile image

Provided solid advice and kept us up to date throughout the sale. The sale moved quickly and with the right amount of contact

Facebook
  11. How much is my property worth?

12. 2

Buying agent
    sr5
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service from the Peter Heron team. Becky kept in touch all the way through the process and was always very quick to answer any queries and very helpful. The team were helpful prior to viewing the property we bought right the way through to viewing and eventually buying the house. The Peter Heron team helped throughout and would highly recommend them.

13. 3

Becky Fenwick, Peter Heron
    Becky Fenwickno photo
    Becky FenwickPeter Heron

Superb service from Becky and the team at Peter Heron. They made selling our house easy and kept us informed every step of the way. I have no hesitation in recommending their services.

View All Comments (1)by Ashley O'Carroll, Managing Director  04/12/2013

Thank you for the review, it's great to hear from you and we're very pleased you chose us to sell your home! I'm so glad Becky and the team were able to help you and I've passed on your kind words.
  14. 3

Sr6
    Becky Fenwick

Our dealings with Peter Heron didn\'t get off to the best of starts when we made initial telephone contact after spotting a house we were very keen on in advert in local paper. We wanted to make an appointment to view an unoccupied house and were told we would have to wait 6 days because they were short staffed and didn\'t have anyone to escort us. If I were selling that house and knew that a cash buyer was being told they had to wait almost a week for a viewing I wouldn\'t be impressed! We visited Sea Road office on a Saturday morning and lone staff member, can\'t recall name, but short on... (read more

15. 3

Upload a reviwer profile image

I was very happy with the service I received from the Sea Road branch Peter Heron, everything went smoothly and I would definately recommend them in the future.

View All Comments (1)by Dean Fraser  15/11/2013

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your kind comments. We pride ourselves in our commitment to everyone we work with from buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants and we're thrilled we could have helped you. Thanks, Peter Heron Residential Sales & Lettings
  16. 1

Lynsey

I was exteremly happy with the service we recieved from Lynsey @ Peter Heron during the sale of our property, we would use them again in the future to sell. Mrs H

View All Comments (1)by Dean Fraser  15/11/2013

Hi Mrs H, Thank you for your kind comments. We're very pleased that Lynsey was able to help sell your home. We wish you all the best and if you ever need any assistance, please feel free to give us a call. Thanks, Peter Heron Residential Sales & Lettings
  17. 3

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Peter Heron
    no photo
    Peter Heron

Dealt with them a couple of years ago. We specifically requested a property to rent in Sunderland because my disabled wife has all of her care provided by Sunderland. We were shown what seemed to be an ideal property so we promptly paid a deposit. We shortly found it was actually in Durham and that we\'d have to rebuild the whole care system with Durham instead of Sunderland. Believe me, this would be more of a challenge than simply moving house. Peter Heron simply said "Holding Deposits are non refundable." I sincerely hope the Oxford English Dictionary revises their definition of Estate Agents. Meanwhile, beware!! P.S. Whilst I could have quoted the member of staff I dealt with. The big problem is their company policy.

What could Peter Heron Estate Agents do to change your mind?

“If by \"Would you use the agent again\" you mean Peter Heron, then absolutely not. If you are referring to http://www.allagents.co.uk\", then definitely yes. These despicable practices should be made public to stop others getting shafted.”

View All Comments (1)by ashley  16/08/2012

Thank you for your feedback. Having looked into this matter; I've been advised by my Lettings Team that you withdrew your interest in this property and as per our "holding deposit" agreement duly signed by yourselves, the deposit you paid was non refundable. Having removed the property from the lettings market whilst we obtained references and conducted a credit report in readiness of your tenancy; a lot of work had been carried out by our team and the fact you were unable to differentiate between Sunderland and County Durham prior to paying the holding deposit in the first place was unfortunate. I hope you've now found a suitable property.
  18. 3

Becky Fenwick

Becky and all the girls at the Fulwell branch did a fantastic job selling our house. They were very proactive with viewings and feedback and always friendly and professional. Even though the market was moving slowly, they were always busy booking viewings and generating interest. Becky in particular was very supportive and dependable upon for advice every step of the way.

19. 4

Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Empty property for 3 weeks without tenant thru another agent. Used Peter Heron and they found a tenant in 1 day. Brilliant - defo use again!!

View All Comments (1)by Peter Heron Team  15/11/2013

Hi J Pierce, Thank you for your review. Our lettings team here are thrilled that they were able to help you find a tenant, and in such short time as well! We do our best to maintain our very short void period so that landlords can find tenants quickly but also that tenants can find their new home quick and without hassle! If you're ever in need of finding tenants or property management services, we'd love to be able to help you again. Thanks, Peter Heron Residential Sales & Lettings
  20. 1

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We have had nothing but problems with Peter Heron, some of there staff are down right rude. It's just a shame that most of the houses are on with them to be honest because if they were on with two venders I woulden't be going to view with Peter Heron.

21. 1

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I would never use Peter Heron or recommend them as the staff in their City Centre branch are consistently rude and unhelpful (with the exception of one of their Partners). Every enquiry seems to be a huge effort for them and it takes a lifetime to receive a reply to simple queries. I don't know how they can pride themselves on excellent customer service as we've certainly never seen any evidence of this.

Facebook
  22. How much is my property worth?

23. 1