Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Victoria Knight Estate & Letting Agents in Stratford & Walthamstow

Victoria Knight

Agent rating: 3.8 out of 5.0 based on 69 ratings. This website contains 69 user reviews of Victoria Knight.

Contact Victoria Knight

• 50 recommend
  • 19 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Victoria Knight is a vibrant, up and coming agent who is fast becoming top competition to all leading estate agents in East London.

Victoria Knight has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Victoria Knight, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

Page last updated on: 31-Oct-2014 22:38:12

1. 1

A 5-star review by 'Claire' 24/10/2014

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Eni Rajta, John Thoma
    Sold Price
    £247000

Eni RajtaJohn Thoma

Eni and John were nothing but patient, professional and very helpful when it came to selling my property with them. I had already rented my flat out via Victoria Knight, so was more than happy to use them to market my property. Although mine wasn't the most straightforward sale (are any of them?!), they went out of their way to steer it to completion with as few bumps and as little stress as possible. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

2. 1

A 5-star review by 'S Walpole' 6/10/2014

£1300

Lois Ryan

We have worked as a landlord with Victoria Knight for many years. They are, without fail, helpful, punctual, courteous and always find us quality tenants. They also go the extra mile when they have to - thanks, Lois, for coming in on a Sunday to leave us some keys and thanks to Kal (and other staff) for always dealing so professionally with any issues we may have.

3. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  13/10/2014

Dear Ms Walpole Firstly, please let me say that the team have advised me that it is a pleasure dealing with you as a Landlord. We are grateful that you return to us every time you need help on your property and I am happy to read that you have received a professional service from Victoria Knight. I understand that there are some maintenance issues that require attention before your tenants move in and we hope to have this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your comment and if there is anything else we can help with then please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards Balinder Kaur
  4. 1

A 5-star review by 'Greg Morley' 12/9/2014

£1400

Lois Ryan

Lois Ryan was always friendly and helpful when responding to any e-mails or queries we had. She was also extremely informative and made us feel at ease about the whole process from acquiring the keys to informing us how to obtain our fobs. Fantastic service all round.

5. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  13/10/2014

Dear Mr Morley Thank you for your comment. I am glad to see that Lois made the renting process alot easier for you. I hope the move went well and if there is anything we can do for you during your tenancy please feel free to give us a call at any time. Kind regards Balinder Kaur
  6. 1

A 5-star review by 'Dr sally Hope' 5/9/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    John Thoma
    Sold Price
    £380000

John Thoma

Mr Thomas was helpful, kind and effectively facilitated the various problems that inevitably occur when trying to buy a flat. He is a very skilled professional. He was an excellent communicator.
    He went the extra mile for us to help sort out obstacles that could have considerably delayed the sale, which would have been problematic for both the vendor and us [the buyers].
    He is the best estate agent we have ever come across in our 35 yrs of buying and selling property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE BUYERS NOT VENDORS”

7. A 1-star review by 'MM' 11/8/2014

E6
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I had terrible experience with Victoria Knight. They took holding deposit and promised me that they will give me a property if i clear reference checks. After a week they called me and told landlord has offered this property to someone else and made run from post to pole. They did not refund my holding deposit for a week even though i was not at fault. They had a very negative attitude when sharing the news and to refund money.

I will not recommend any one to deal with them or be very careful if you don't have any other option.

8. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  22/08/2014

Dear 'MM' I can understand that being told you will not be able to move into a property can be very upsetting however unfortunatly, if the Landlord has offered the property to another tenant and advised us that they would no longer wish to proceed with yourself we have to break this news to you (which we dont particularly enjoy) and arrange for a refund. As soon as we are informed of the refund due to tenants it is passed on to the accoutns department who arrange for refund within 5-7 days. I am sorry you were unable to go through with the chosen property and if there is anything else you would like to discuss please feel free to contact me on balinder@victoriaknight.co.uk.
  9. 3

A 1-star review by 'tony34' 7/7/2014

e15
    £1020
    Upload a reviwer profile image

What a disastrous experience, the property which we asked to be cleaned before we moved in was dirty, hidden tears in the carpet craftily hidden by rugs when we moved in, door handles came off in your hand and to add insult to injury then we were subjected to compulsory mid term inspections held at random points during the tenancy. The boiler was broken and took weeks to get fixed thanks to a maintenance office that rarely answered its phones then when they did, sent incompetent repair men. Repeatedly losing our rent payments on their system and hounding me at work for details and never even bothering to apologise when it was clear they had received payment after all. Then to top it all off when we move out we have spent weeks trying to get our deposit back from the agent who simply blames the landlord and takes ages to respond to our increasingly frantic emails. My advice to anyone who doesn't have a masochistic streak is avoid this agent at all costs.

10. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  13/10/2014

Dear Sir, Thank you for your comment; I believe I know which property you were living in due to your comments and previous correspondence. Firstly, I am extremely sorry that you believe you have had a ‘disastrous experience’. Please see my reply below in order of your comment. I can assure you that our negotiators do not move items in the property to hide tears in carpets or other damages to a property. It is not the duty of our negotiators to move items or look under rugs to find damages. This is carried out by an inventory clerk. The mid term inspections are included in... (read more)
  11. A 5-star review by 'najmi jafer' 30/6/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have been using the services from this company since last three years and my experience with them is excellent, the whole team is supportive and provide the best level of professional care and advise related to the service I was seeking .highly recommended .

12. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  13/10/2014

Dear Ms Jafer Thank you very much for your comment. It has been a pleasure with working with you for the last 3 years. I am glad our team were able to provide you with the support you required especially in the last 6 months. We look forward to working with you again in the near future. Kind regards Balinder Kaur
  13. A 4-star review by 'Valdir' 29/5/2014

Louis
    Mait

Louis

Louis was very helpfull from start to finish even till the day she still ringing to find out whether we settle well in the flat. Overall great thats all i can say.

Many thanks

14. 2

A 5-star review by 'Suzanne Ophir' 9/1/2014

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My previous tenant gave notice 2 months ago and a new tenant was found within a week at a slightly higher rent. All business was conducted professionally and in the friendliest manner. I have been dealing with Victoria Knight for a number of years and have always been highly satisfied. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and will continue to use their services in future.

15. View All Comments (1)by Balinder Kaur  22/08/2014

Dear Ms Ophir Thank you very much for your comments. Its always so lovely to hear great feedback and I am glad that our staff were able to find you a professional tenant so quickly AND at a higher rent. Thank you for your business and we look forward to working with you again in the future
  16. 1

A 5-star review by 'Laura' 11/11/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Really professional service from the outset. The house was well documented and any initial problems were quickly resolved. We have had a few issues with the heating and the cooker but they have been quickly sorted as soon as anything went wrong.

17. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Thank you very much for your comment Laura. I apologise that you had experienced problems with your heating and cooker however I am happy to read that this has now been fixed. It was a pleasure dealing with you and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.
  18. 1

A 4-star review by 'Mohamed Ibrahim' 2/10/2013

waseem ahmed

Waseem and Regan were extremely helpful, polite and understanding. The service we received was very professional. We loved being updated step by step along the way until we signed the contract and being contacted after we moved in to ensure everything is alright.

19. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Mr Ibrahim, it was lovely to read your positive comments regarding the staff at Victoria Knight and the service you received. We regularly like to stay in contact with our tenants just to make sure everything is ok. Regan passes her best wishes to you and Lamice.
  20. 4

A 4-star review by 'Jane sun' 2/10/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I had a good time doing business with Victoria knight. They are help and informative. They are willing to give a hand in every way they can.

21. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Hi Jane, Thank you for your comment. If you ever require any further assistance during your stay at the property then please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help!
  22. 4

A 5-star review by 'Filip' 1/10/2013

E16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I applied for a flat around 4 weeks ago and the staff was wry plesant and helpful. It took us no longer than week and a half before we moved into the property. Agency and the staff are very professional and they are doing everything they can to find you wright place. I would definitely recommend them to friends and use their services in the future.

23. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Filip, it was great to read your comment. We at Victoria Knight always try our best to find our tenants the right property. We would never want to move you into a property that we believe you would not be happy living in, in the future. Please recommend us to your friends and family. We have a great referral scheme in place so please feel free to contact us for further information. All the best.
  24. 4

A 5-star review by 'Dr. Rahmatov' 30/9/2013

e11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very pleased to deal with this agency. Really good customer care - prompt service, reasonable charges and offer only what you request. After that they call you every nearly 3 months to ask how you settle, if you need anything and etc.

25. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Dr Rahmatov, thank you for your comments. Glad to see you received a good service from Victoria Knight, and as you can see, we regularly like to stay in contact with tenants to make sure everything is ok. Sincerely, Balinder.
  26. 1

A 1-star review by 'Flatmove212' 17/9/2013

Ricardo Khan, Nirmal Kalirai

Ricardo KhanNirmal Kalirai

My experience with Victoia Knight (Stratford) was absolutely terrible and was an extremely stressful process. Myself and a flatmate, both of whom are city professionals, were looking for a new-build flat in the Stratford area and decided to primarily use Victoria Knight due to their smart, professional offices and business layout.

The number of issues that we had in our letting process were so abundant that it is probably best to present in a list:
    1) False furnishing promises - we had a number of very reasonable requests for the landlord (such as a curtain pole to be installed) which our... (read more)

27. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Dear 'Flatmove212', Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies if you feel you had received a terrible service. You have named yourself as "Flatmove212" and we believe we are aware who you are and I reply to your comments made below point by point. 1) The member of staff that you had dealt with has confirmed that when you had requested for additional furniture, he had replied with ‘I can’t see this being a problem’ and also stated that he would have to confirm with the Housing Association and get back to you. Unfortunately the Housing Association hadn't agreed to your... (read more)
  28. 2

A 4-star review by 'Nawaf' 17/9/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I really liked the service and they were very helpful, and always reply quick enough with mails or calls.
    I would do the business again and refer them to a family member or friend.

29. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Dear Nawaf Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Please recommend us to any family/friends as we have some great referral schemes in place. Please call our office for further information. All the best, Balinder
  30. 3

A 1-star review by 'Pete' 16/9/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

We agreed to sign for our flat on the basis of promises made to us by Ricardo Khan, namely that:

(1) There would be no rent increase for the duration of the 5 year lease;
    (2) We would be able to select our furniture; and
    (3) Installing black-out blinds would be fine.

None of the above was true. Further to these points, we also have the following complaints about our move into the flat:

(4) It was agreed with Ricardo, and discussed on numerous occasions prior to our move, that one bedroom would be furnished with a wardrobe and no bed. This was not done and, as a result, a temporary... (read more)

What could Victoria Knight do to change your mind??

“As per my review above, Ricardo should have been more honest with us. He should also have addressed the problems described, some of which are still issues for us.”

31. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Hi Pete, I believe that you are the flat mate of the comment made above by "Flatmove212" so please refer to the above for your comments made. With regards to the rent increase, you were recommended to take a 5 year lease which has only a 1% increase. The contract was given to you to read even before signing the administration form and prior to you placing a reservation fee. If you were not happy with the lease you could have taken another contract or not proceeded with the property. Your additional points made all fall down to the Housing Association and the developers of... (read more)
  32. 1

A 3-star review by 'Buzzer' 9/9/2013

sam miah

sam miah

Friendly staff, fast and flexible viewings of properties.
    Very specific and detailed on tennant reference ( which, although you pay for, have to essentially do yourself)
    unflexible, not customer friendly and incapable when it comes to the actual moving in process ( eg. send copntract in wrong format and then blamed me for not sending it back correctly)

What could Victoria Knight do to change your mind??

“improvements on the moving in process eg. availability of keys etc”

33. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Dear 'Buzzer' Glad to read your comments regarding our staff. We have a strict referencing process in place to ensure that tenants are financially able to pay the rent to the Landlord and pass other references i.e Landlord and employers references etc. The referencing is dealt with in house by our fully trained staff. We make contact with all employers, landlords and accountants for references, however, in some small cases it can prove quite difficult reaching a specific contact to gain a reference especially when the contact would rather deal direct with the applicant. I apologise if there were any mistakes made, however, please could you confirm your full name by emailing me at balinder (at) victoriaknight.co.uk so that I can check the format the contract was sent in and by which member of staff to see if there was an error and why. Kind regards, Balinder
  34. 3

A 5-star review by 'BMartin' 19/8/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Prompt and courteous service with good communication and the provision of information. Industry standard level of fees charged, however it would be a general sign of goodwill if they waived the charges for using a debit card, bearing in mind the level of fees charged. Gives the customer the impression that they want every penny out of them. Just include the charge in the general fees.

35. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Hi Mr Martin, I trust all is well. Thank you for your comments made. It is a company procedure that clients have to pay a card fee charge to use the machine as this is then passed on to the card terminal providers. I hope it didn't cause you too much of an issue though and that you would be happy to use our service again. Kind regards, Balinder
  36. 2

A 4-star review by 'Kim' 8/8/2013

E4 9

waseem ahmed

I was recommended to Victoria Knight by a close friend of mine. After Waseem Ahmed (Branch Manager at Hoe Street E17) carried out the initial rental assessment of my property, he and his team were able to find a suitable tenant in less than two weeks. They dealt with any issues that have arisen promptly and efficiently with minimum fuss, keeping me informed at all times. Victoria Knight, have proved to be a first class letting agent and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking to let their home. Keep up the good work guys and long may our professional relationship continue.

37. View All Comments (1)by Balinder  19/11/2013

Hi Kim Thank you so much for your review. It is always great to read such positive comments. I remember when this property was being let - Waseem had advised me that you were recommended by another Landlord of ours and that it was a pleasure dealing with you during this let. Thank you for allowing us to let your property and we very much hope that we continue to do business with you for many years to come. Kind regards, Balinder
  38. 2

A 5-star review by 'Dean' 8/8/2013

Esh Kalirai, Ricardo Khan
    E18

Esh KaliraiRicardo Khan

Me and my partner was looking for our first property with no knowledge of renting and the Victoria Knight staff were more than happy to explain every process and offer there advice when ever they could.
    We never felt pressured in the 4 viewings we had, which made it alot easier for us to choose.
    We found our perfect flat and they made it so easy from then on. They kept us up to date every step of the way.
    All in all a brilliant experience.

39. A 5-star review by 'A niazi' 5/8/2013

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Victoria knight were very helpful and professional throughout the sales procedure . Selling a house can be a stressful experience at best however VK helped us thorugh out the experience and even helped arrange a rental house for us to move into after completion .

VK are good people and i would recommend them to any one.

40. 1

A 5-star review by 'ZARO' 18/7/2013

e10

waseem ahmed

The service which as provided by Waseem and his team at VK was second to none. Full references were acquired fo for prospective tenants to consider their suitability and more importantly affordability. I have used this agent a few times in the past and each time they came up with the trumps. The previous tenants Waseem have found stayed in the property for 3 years! I was well informed with all the aspects of transactions. All the nitty gritty was resolved with the utmost care and attention. The contract was well constructed with the inclusion of section 21 notice as per my request. The funds hit my a/c in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to use Waseem again - infact suffice to say this is the only credibel agent I have now been using since it sprovides a very professional service.

41. 1

A 4-star review by 'Natasha Mays' 11/7/2013

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    sam miah, Leanne

sam miahLeanne

I found the agency to be really friendly and helpful. Initially I was concerned going through the application process as it seemed to be taking a while/fees were quite high and there seemed to be a lot of personal questions, however I was talked through it all and Esh was also very helpful and stayed in the office after closing hours to make sure I got a response from the Landlord before the weekend, which he didn't have to do.
    Sam and Leanne were also very helpful - Sam with the viewing and negotiation of fees and Leanne with the administration of my letting. The people that work there are great, but as an overall agency, I think there fees are very high in comparison with other agencies I have let from - However, service is overall very good.

42. 1

A 4-star review by 'AFRODITI KAPASSA' 7/7/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I am really happy with the service of the agency and the staff members were really nice and helpful before and after we rent the property.

43. 3

A 4-star review by 'DC' 3/7/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I have found Victoria Knight and Reliance Management to be very helpful and efficient. They are usually able to re-let my property without any void period. I would recommend them to other landlords.

44. 7

A 1-star review by 'UnhappyTenant' 1/7/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

I cannot warn people off this agency more. They have been absolutely appalling. When we first looked around the flat we were told that the damp would be sorted, they would get chairs for the kitchen table, the flat would be cleaned, the rubbish from the garden would be taken away. Nothing was done. Our roof leaked for weeks before we got in touch with our landlord directly who fixed it. If you have any dealings with them at all make sure it is in writing not over the phone. On Friday Sam rang me to ask if he and the landlord could come and look around the property to see what work needed to... (read more)

What could Victoria Knight do to change your mind??

“They could have been a little politer and a little better at their jobs. If they do not manage the property then let the landlord know that and stop calling me. Make it clear what their job entails and do it.”

45. 1

A 5-star review by 'Ben' 17/6/2013

Dilek Hazal

Dilek Hazal

It was a great please dealing with Dilek, who was thorough, diligent and a pleasure to work with. She went through the process very smoothly and painlessly. highly recommended.

46. 3

A 2-star review by 'Jan' 14/6/2013

Upload a reviwer profile image

Poor customer service, inability to calculate simple percentages, mistakes in the contract, poor to non existent communication once they have their fee. Inability or no will to relay messages to the landlord prior to payment/move date. Overall feel of paying extra fees for something that wasn't earned.
    If I was a landlord, I'd be better of not employing this company, as I would be paying for something I can do much better myself.

What could Victoria Knight do to change your mind??

“Seriously improve communication. Employ somebody with at least basic administration skills and ability to use calculator. Improve communication. Improve communication. Provide some service so the customer doesn\'t feel like being robbed by a bunch of cowboys. Improve communication. Seriously, in the age of internet, how hard is it to write an email??”

47. A 4-star review by 'MR' 14/6/2013

E1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Good dealing with Victoria Knight. Conscientious, diligent, good aftercare, and calm in a process not without bumps. Would do again.

Page: