Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 1677 ratings. This website contains 1676 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 114 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 31-Jul-2015 17:44:15

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 56)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

No staff selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    No staff selected.
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Kathleen Van Renen
    GU2
    £1075
    Kathleen Van Renen

My experience was extremely good with Townsend, once in conversation with them they quickly took details of my requirements and found the perfect place in the perfect location for me.

After which they acted quickly in negotiations with the landlord and arranged everything for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Sebastian Grayson, Simon Bright
    SW16
    £550000
    no photoSimon Bright
    Sebastian GraysonSimon Bright

The service from Townends was exceptional. They were simply brilliant from start to finish and I cannot fault them in any way. Would happily recommend them to anyone looking to sell their house.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING A FEW WHEN THEY GET ASKING PRICE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Jenna McCann
    £1090
    Jenna McCann

A big thank you to Jenna for making the impossible possible.
    Having lost out on a previous property, Jenna really pulled out the stops to help me move into my new property in less than a week.
    Jenna's bubbly and enthusiastic spirit is well complimented by her diligent and customer service biased work ethic.
    I wholeheartedly recommend Jenna to anyone looking for a property.
    Again, Jenna thank you so much - I really appreciate it.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles, Josh Everton
    SW19
    £1
    no photoJosh Everton
    Sam MilesJosh Everton

I found both Sam Miles and Josh Everton to be both personable and very helpful. They both went out of their way to make my first foray into being a Landlady easy and enjoyable. I am going to use them for future lettings,and look forward to working with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones, Amilcar Caires
    £1400
    no photoAmilcar Caires
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

Excellent professional service would definitely use again, found Chris to be very proactive and honest with feedback given. Overall happy to recommend to others

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIR FOR SERVICE PROVIDED”

11. 1

A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    Louis Devens
    tw20
    £275000
    Louis Devens

The first sale went nipples north through no fault of Louis but he found us a replacement buyer is very short order at a higher price. The second sale progressed extremely well even if a little slower that the buyer had optimistically promised. All together my wife and I felt the service given was satisfactory.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    TW8
    £325000
    Chris Gann

We recently sold our flat through Townends. We had a disappointing time with another estate agent in the local area. Chris restored our faith in estate agents. He organised an open day and thanks to his professionalism and dedication our flat sold for the whole asking price. To say we were pleased would be an understatement. All through the buying process Chris has been doing all he could behind the scenes to make sure everything could run as smoothly as possible right up until the exchange of contracts, which I'm happy to say happened yesterday. All in all we would happily use and recommend Townends for any future purchases.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Sonny Potter
    £950
    Diane ArmstrongSonny Potter

As usual a very professional service from the team there. Found just the right tenant quickly. All aspects of administration dealt with well. Thoroughly recommended

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Robert Dawson, Emma Western
    TW16
    £229000
    Robert Dawsonno photo
    Robert DawsonEmma Western

Both Emma who dealt with us regarding our buying of the property and Rob who was the agent who dealt with things from the sellers point of view were very helpful with all enquiries which came up during the whole process. I was also pleased with contact form the lettings agents who were involved as the property was for a buy to let although I did not require their services at this time. I will keep Townsends in mind for any possible future buying/selling or lettings if I have need of them due to their courtesy and consideration.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£280000
    Andrew Walker

My experience using Townends Putney was excellent. I used them to sell my property in Putney and the service I received throughout the entire process was first class. They kept me up to date with every viewing and offer and always responded promptly to any queries that I had. Most importantly, they were good to their word! The property sold for an excellent price, extremely close to the asking price, with a very competitive commission rate and in the time scale they said. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and would certainly use them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Sonny Potter
    £950
    Diane ArmstrongSonny Potter

Ms. Armstrong dealt with this matter really sincerely. Because I'm from Japan, I'm not good at English and I asked her something many time. However, She answered them politely. Thanks to her, I'm spending comfortable life in the new apartment.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones

Supportive and accurate with his estimation of the rent. Follow my instructions in selecting the right tenant for me. Good negotiator and very responsive.Nice doing business with him and his team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REDUCED FEES FOR LANDLORDS WITH A NUMBER OF PROPERTIES AND GIVING THE FIRST 3 WEEKS EXCLUSIVITY TO FIND TENANTS. MANY OF US WILL GO FOR THIS TYPE OF SERVICE, AS YOU KNOW THE MARKET IS VERY COMPETITIVE ESPECIALLY NOW WITH THE SERVICES AND PLATFORMS EXIST FOR THE LANDLORDS TO ACT ON THEIR OWN AS AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 4 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    tw16
    £750
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor has been friendly and helpful throughout the entire letting process, he is always on hand to offer any assistance I have required.

i am very happy with service that I have received from Taylor and in fact all of the staff members that i have dealt with from Townends Sunbury Branch and would highly recommend them.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE KEPT THE MONTHLY RENT AT THE LISTING PRICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

£1350
    Chris Jones

Good and they were able to sort out everything. We messed about a bit with the first offer we put in and pulled out at the last minute, but they were able to go back to the landlord and convince them to accept a second offer. Very good.

Comments on the Agents fees

“OK FEES BUT QUITE A LOT MORE THAN MOST OTHER LOCAL AGENTS, AND UNSURE AS TO WHY..”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Chris Brookshaw, Lee Woodward
    £975
    Chris Brookshawno photo
    Chris BrookshawLee Woodward

Many thanks for the ongoing support from Chris & from Lee (Renewals Department) regarding my property. Being an overseas landlord, their excellent service & expertise has reassured me that my investment is in professional & very capable hands.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Faye Stone, Sharon Sheehy
    no photoSharon Sheehy
    Faye StoneSharon Sheehy

When I first visited your agency in Whitton I was welcomed by Faye and Sharon in a very professional manner. Faye went through considerable effort to show me what she had on her books to meet with our budget which was not too high. She arranged to take us to the property but we were unable to make it . She immediately made another appointment for us with Dominic who showed us around the property and was very helpful with the information we required. In these last few days we visited several estate agents some of who didnt seem interested at all. Good customer service is always abonus to any business and Faye definitely gave us that.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DID FIND THE FEES A LITTLE HIGH FOR MY BUDGET BUT REASONABLE FOR THE FLAT IN QUESTION.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

£1425000
    Andrew Walker

Townends sold our house in Putney. From the beginning to the end of what is a difficult process for everyone, they were informative and courteous. They ensured that sufficient numbers of prospective buyers saw the property and we achieved a good price.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 4 -star review by ''

tw16
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor is a friendly and approachable person. He comes across as genuine and honest.
    He has shown me several properties of which 2 of them were spot on as to what I was looking for. Unfortunately the prices of the properties were out of my budget but I would have been happy to rent through him.
    He was knowledgeable of the areas we visited, and always forthcoming with all information regarding the properties. Also always willing to deal with landlords to come to agreements regarding issues/needs of the property

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THORGILLS FEES ARE EXTORTIONATE BUT LUCKILY I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO WITH THEM AND ENDED UP WITH A COMPETITOR WHICH HAD FAIRER FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Tw 1
    £925
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor had spoken to me on the phone prior to my move, giving me good sound advice on what to do and what to ask for while selling my property, then moving to the rental market.
    Not easy moving over 200 miles to rent.
    I came for a week's visit and Taylor took me to the property that I am now going to rent, he is one of the few agents I have dealt with that actually listened to my personal

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Ryan Anderson, Ravi Fatania
    SW16
    £1
    no photoRavi Fatania
    Ryan AndersonRavi Fatania

Ryan maintained contact with me (and was thoroughly charming and very affable during over phone conversation) for some months prior to my signing up with Townends to just keep tabs on whatever decision I intended to make about the flat.
    When eventually I agreed to Let it, he liaised about the initial valuation, photos were, taken of the flat to support marketing ad. Promptly after placing ad, prospective tenants were taken to view and very quickly, a tenancy was agreed. He compromised about my financial limitations and at the appropriate time, passed me over to Ravi and Frances Hutchinson to conduct the related services and finalise the admin.
    As a team, they have been supportive respectful, they've hopefully selected the new tenants for my home with care. Compared to many others along the High Street, I think this team compare very favourably and would definitely receive my business again. Well done Towends, you've appointed well. they were excellent ambassadors for your company.

Regards,

GU2
    £925
    Amilcar CairesChris Jones
    Amilcar CairesChris Jones

I recently secured a 1 bedroom flat to rent with the Guildford branch of Townends. I found the staff I worked with to be very friendly and helpful, especially as they negotiated my monthly rent amount down to a level I could (just about) afford.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I WAS DEFINITELY SATISFIED WITH THE FEES I PAID THROUGH THIS AGENT. THE MONTHLY RENT AMOUNT FOR MY FLAT WAS INITIALLY QUITE A WAY OVER MY BUDGET, BUT I KNEW THE FLAT ITSELF WAS RIGHT FOR ME. I TOOK MY DILEMMA BACK TO TOWNENDS, AND AFTER A LITTLE NEGOTIATION BETWEEN THEM, MY LANDLORD AND MYSELF, THEY HAD SECURED THE FLAT FOR ME AT A RENT AMOUNT OF £25PCM LESS THAN THE ASKING PRICE. GIVEN THAT THIS WAS STILL OVER MY INITIAL BUDGET, THEY ALSO WAIVERED THE REFERENCING FEES FOR ME (£60), AND ALTHOUGH THEY DIDN'T PROMISE ME FREE REFERENCING IN WRITING, THEY HONOURED THEIR WORD. I WOULDN'T SAY THAT THE OTHER FEES (DEPOSIT, ADMIN FEES, ETC) WERE CHEAP, (ALTHOUGH THE DEPOSIT OBVIOUSLY DEPENDS ON THE PROPERTY), BUT I WOULD CERTAINLY SAY THAT THEY ARE COMPETITIVE, AND NO HIGHER THAN WOULD BE EXPECTED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£850
    Diane Armstrong

Excellent customer service from Diane, extensive knowledge of area and the properties available. Found me exactly what I was looking for. Literally couldn't ask for me. Since my rental agreement starting she is still always available and helpful. Keep up the excellent work, credit to the company.

28. 1

James Hay, Ivan Astin
    £150000
    James Hayno photo
    james HayIvan Astin

I received excellent service from James and Ivan. They were both extremely professional and have a very customer friendly attitude. They communicated with me throughout the sale process, and were both polite and charming on the telephone. James in particular, put in that 'extra effort' in the early stages. I would highly recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Chad Newbould, Robert Dawson
    TW16
    £345000
    Chad NewbouldRobert Dawson
    Chad NewbouldRobert Dawson

I have had very good service from townends right from the start. Good communication has been the main thing for me, both from the branch and then once an offer had been made by Emma Western in the admin team; keeping me informed at all times during what is a very stressful time. I cannot rate the team highly enough and would recommend them without hesitation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Faye Stone
    Nw20
    Faye Stone

delightful friendly and helpful to say a few words
    Faye is one of the most helpful estate agent I have had the pleasure of dealing with in these trying times
    Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a property

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Erol Dogruel, Hayley Edwards
    SW18
    £1150
    Erol Dogruelno photo
    Erol DogruelHayley Edwards

I dealt with Townends Putney to help me searching a flat to rent.
    Erol was extremely helpful, very professional and answered every query I had.
    He understood what I was looking for, and finally I found the right house for me.
    Thanks a lot.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Bijal Patel
    £900
    Diane ArmstrongBijal Patel

Both Diana and Biljal were phenomenal. Biljal was able to arrange viewings and convenient times, she was welcoming and well-advised, and answered all my questions. Diane was very helpful in the office and explained the necessary forms clearly and concisely. Overall, both of these agents wveryextremely competant and made the process of letting a flat easy and achievable. Highly recommended!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    W13
    £1400
    Louis Byrne

Louis is one of the best agents i have ever met, a nice qualified guy. i recommended him to all people who want to rent or buy a property

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    130 Victoria Road (Aldershot) (Hampshire)
    Richard Bicknell, David Whittle
    gu11
    Richard BicknellDavid Whittle
    Richard BicknellDavid Whittle

Thank you both very much for all your help in finding this property for us. Look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Thanks Ben

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 4 -star review by ''

Jon Chandler-Gray, Erol Dogruel
    Jon Chandler-GrayErol Dogruel
    Jon Chandler-GrayErol Dogruel

I employed the services of Townends Putney Branch to let my flat in Roehampton SW15. They were courteous and professional throughout the process and were always available whenever I had any queries regarding how viewings of the property were progressing and the quality of potential tenants. I would also like to add that their letting fees were very reasonable in comparison to other letting agents I had the pleasure of dealing with and they were very flexible when meeting my particular requirements.