Browse agents by letter
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1322 ratings. This website contains 1321 user reviews of Townends.

Contact Townends

• 106 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Townends has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 26-Mar-2015 18:01:33

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 45)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Richard , Joanna
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh ParadeStreatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson, Gurmail Singh
    Sw16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Steven Bakare
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Matthew Huybrechts, Harry Pearson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Would you use the agent again? Yes

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

6. 1

Emilio Ascione, Eve Strewart
    £1300
    Emilio AscioneEve Strewart

We have received an Excellent Professional Customer Service from this agent.

Emilio and Eve both have been very helpful and have used their great expertise to find a right tenant for us at right time.

Its been pleasure doing business with them.

We would strongly recommanded to use their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Vinnie Selvakumar
    SW19
    Vinnie Selvakumar

The house search experience has been fantastic with Townends from the time of showing the property till finalizing the agreeement.
    Vinnie is one of the best property agent i have come across, extremely professional, helpful, giving enough time to make our decisions, timely following-up on the progress, ensuring everything goes smoothly.
    Extremely satisfied with the services received so far!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Eleanor Popham
    £1350
    Eleanor Popham

This staff member has provided fast and comprehensive replies to queries raised via email and has made arrangements for various tests and inspections prior to letting.She has been proactive in all matters.Excellent.

Better response times by other staff ,including at least acknowledging emails, would help improve the overall rating of the Agent.Progress reporting on the letting transaction would also be helpful.

9. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

£950
    Emilio Ascione

Good all round service, prompt updates and let the flat with ease. Still got that estate agent chat that I sort of like, but others may be turned off by - don't try so hard Emilio. Enjoy having you let our properties and will continue to use you going forward.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

£1450
    Diane Armstrong

Clear communication throughout the letting process and supported me while I was abroad to ensure the tenants moved in okay and with minimal fuss. Questions and queries answered quickly and efficiently.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Gu1
    Chris Jones

Chris inherited a problem from the previous manager and has been nothing but extremely helpful with his time and advice in sorting out the problem and finding me new tenants

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    Michael Sharp, William Cumming
    TW15
    £369950
    Michael SharpWilliam Cumming

A genuine caring approach to service, we felt that they kept us informed,chased progress with solicitors and vendors as appropriate and we couldn't have asked for more. Always pleasant and prompt at returning calls, updates and supporting us through the process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

cr0
    Diane Armstrong

Diane is a great asset to the branch in Croydon. She was able to find me a tenant in just a few days and kept in touch with me on a regular basis. Very impressed with the service she provided.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY WERE ABOUT AVERAGE COMPARED TO OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    201 London Road (Mitcham) (Surrey)
    Ronaldo Patricio, Cecil Agyemang
    CR4
    £390000
    Ronaldo PatricioCecil Agyemang

Ronaldo was very helpful with valuing and marketing my property, I got a buyer almost immediately, nearly paying the full asking price, he was very professional and courteous.

Cecil is the star of the office, he dealt with every phone call I made and if he was not sure of the answer to any of my queries he would find out and call me back immediately, he was very helpful and made my move less stressful.

I would certainly recommend this office to anyone who is thinking of moving.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY HAPPY WITH THE FEE CHARGED,.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Jenna McCann
    TW16
    Jenna McCann

Jenna was able to respond promptly to a request for an onsite meet; offered good managed service rate and also offered to discount if tenant not found within 10 day period. Following documentation was received promptly - all could be electronically signed, which was great as I live some distance away from the property. Tenant was found promptly; very thorough inventory was provided; and now that tenants are in situ, payments etc have all been provided as expected. Very pleased with the overall service provided.

Comments on the Agents fees

“INITIAL FEES SEEM QUITE HIGH, BUT WORTH PAYING TO GET RIGHT TENANT AND GOOD SERVICE”

16. 1

£950
    Emilio Ascione

We were dealing with a few agents at the time whilst we were looking for a property to let in Egham, Townend was the only one which went out of their way to find properties which suited our needs and as a result found us the perfect one. We were very happy with the service and professionalism we received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Jenna McCann, Taylor McNeil
    Tw16
    Jenna McCannTaylor McNeil

I received a very good service from all the staff. I found them very professional and helpful. Good luck and hope to deal with you again shortly. Thanks

Comments on the Agents fees

“DURING MY MEETINGS WITH AGENT IT WAS NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OTHER CHARGES OTHER THAN SET MONTHLY PERCENTAGES WHICH WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING AND CAME AS NASTY SURPRISE BUT OVERALL HAPPY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£925
    Diane Armstrong

TOWNENDS in Croydon have been sole letting agents for my flat since 2009!

TOWNENDS have given me 6 years of not only excellent service resulting in successful and rewarding long-term lets, but also made available to me at all times and at every stage the personal professionalism and attention of individual TOWNENDS' managers. Their undisputed knowledge of area and market alike, their considered advice and experience underpinned all my decisions; their patience and understanding never wavered.

I would like to thank in particular Stacey Jenden (Marketing Manager), Louise Simmonds (Senior Renewals Co-ordinator), Laura Hunt (Pre-Tenancy Co-ordinator) and, last but by no means least, Diane Armstrong (Senior Lettings Manager). Diane has 'held my hand' more than once, especially as I am rarely able to come to Croydon or meet prospective tenants in person.

I feel reassured in the knowledge that both my flat and my interests will always receive the best attention and letting service possible. This makes me a very happy Landlord and TOWNENDS customer and I wish to thank TOWNENDS !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Simon Bright
    £1295
    Diane ArmstrongSimon Bright

Hi,

Simple really, we were living in a awful house that suffered massivly from damp issues. We were looking to move quick and managed to find a property that Townends were advertising. The viewing was organised quickly and well done. Better yet - being that i was on a limited income at the time they were easy to negotiate in regards to the holding deposit - a big plus in my mind.

While at this place our oven broke twice, and both times it was fixed within 3 days, great communication displyed between Townend and the landlord was the only way this could have happend.

Unfortunatly we needed to move once again to make room for addtional family ahead of our plans, Townends helped massivly by not only helping us find a new place, but also by allowing us to move out ahead of our first year contract agreement with no fines being put in place.

Should i need to move again (although i am hoping to buy next) the first place i will be calling will be Townends immediatly - freindly, helpful and empathetic staff make talking to them easy to deal with in case of problems.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY THING I WOULD IS THAT THIER FEES ARE HIGH - HOWEVER THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE POST MOVE IN IS JUSTIFICATION IN MY MIND.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    kellie harris, Clint Amfo
    SE25
    kellie harrisClint Amfo

From our first meeting with Kellie she was very polite, was able to answer all our questions and was able to get us into the property at the time she stated. She was always available to answer any queries that we had.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE PROPERTY IS FULLY REFURBISH WE DONT FEEL WE SHOULD PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR INVENTRY”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Diane Armstrong, Katrina Johnson
    vari
    Diane ArmstrongKatrina Johnson

I have been dealing with Townends for almost 20 years and have to say the staff in Croydon are fantastic. Diane is always ready with what I need and deals with things quickly and efficiently. You're always greeted with a lovely smile from Katrina. I do deal with many agents around the country but always feel at ease with Townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles, Vinnie Selvakumar
    SW19
    £1400
    Sam MilesVinnie Selvakumar

I am very pleased with the service provided by the Southfields branch of Townends.

At every step both Vinnie and Sam have been efficient and quick to respond to my questions and concerns. I was impressed how professional and polite they were every single time I have contacted them. Vinnie thoroughly explained the process and costs, and at no point was I left with any unanswered concerns. This is something I very much appreciated as a first time renter. I hugely appreciate all of Vinnie's and Sam's help, and in turn wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Southfields branch of Townends to my friends and colleagues. Thank you!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEIR FEES REPRESENTED GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY, I RECEIVED AN EXCELLENT SERVICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Craig Richards, Chris Jones
    £1
    no photo Chris Jones
    Craig RichardsChris Jones

townends were excellent. Very friendly and very obliging. I found them very professional and always extremely helpful with any queries I had. to sum up; if I was a landlord I would employ them to manage my property.

Comments on the Agents fees

“PLEASE SEE EARLIER MESSAGE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Robert McPeake
    w5
    £1150
    Robert McPeake

I am very satisfied with the service received by Robert and all the staff, always responsive to all my queries. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Ben Coverdale, Hayley Edwards
    £1275
    Ben CoverdaleHayley Edwards

Townends handled all the details of the tenancy change over very professionally. Regular contact with me was kept at all times by both email and phone and all my requests were accommodated. I was unable to be present so this service made the changeover very stress free.

26. 2
    people found this

A 4 -star review by ''

Eleanor Popham, Eve Strewart
    £1350
    Eleanor PophamEve Strewart

Very prompt responses to emails and positive phone manner. Very accommodating to requests and questions. We did not have extended dealings with the company, which in itself is probably a positive thing. We feel confident they will provide good service should we need to speak with them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT'S NOT LIKE WE REALLY HAVE A CHOICE. THE FEE WAS MORE THAN WE EXPECTED, BUT THAT COULD BE NAIVETY ON OUR PART.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    Michael Treadwell
    TW18
    £230000
    Michael Treadwell

Michael and the team provided information, which was precise and to the point regarding the sale process and marketing of the property. Townsends estate agents were quick to respond and ensured that the sales process provided feedback and also Townsends were helpful and friendly, Michael had shown and demonstrated that Townsends are capable of finding solutions to sales issues, and their experience had shown excellent professionalism and were very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to return and use Townsends services for advise of property and commercial use.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Morgan Senior
    Morgan Senior

I found Morgan very relaxed to work with. It was a good experience from the beginning. He seemed honest and positive. The flat we found is amazing and we did end up paying more than we thought but we think it is worth it. i also appreciate Morgan has been quick to reply to any queries we have had since signing

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Taylor Mcneil, Alex Joannou
    Tw15
    £1150
    Taylor McneilAlex Joannou

Top marks to Jenna and her team.
    Methodical, Professional, Friendly and delivered what they promised.
    We have now Sold, bought, and let with this company in three different transactions, in under 5 months.
    We would always have these people on our side.
    Thank you for making a potential stressful situation easy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Aleksandra Cyndrowska, Katrina Johnson
    £1070
    Aleksandra CyndrowskaKatrina Johnson

On entering the Townends Office in Croydon Katrina made me and my wife felt very welcome and answered many of our questions in relation to seeking a suitable rentable apartment in the Croydon area. Katrina's customer service and communication skills are to be applauded.

When Aleksandra assisted us by escorting us to view properties, she displayed professionalism and total flexibility by 'at short notice' escorted us around accessible apartments without prior notice. Aleksandra was very customer service focused whilst being patient during the respective viewings. I have not yet completed all the relevant documentation and have not moved in to our new apartment, yet I am confident that the Townends team will facilitate efficiently and professionally as required.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Robert McPeake, Louis Byrne
    £1500
    Robert McPeakeLouis Byrne

Excellent overall service received from both staff members of Townends Robert McPeake & Louis Byrne. They communicated very well with both sides to achieve a mutual understanding and agreement.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    Abigail Gibbs
    SW18
    £1300
    Abigail Gibbs

Abi was very helpful as were the rest of the team at the Earlsfield branch.
    I felt really pleased with how quickly my property was rented out and felt supported and well informed throughout the process of getting new tenants.
    Thank you.
    Emma Cunniffe.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones, Amilcar Caires
    £995
    Chris Jones no photo
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

Very rapid in reletting my flat with no void periods. Good communication and fully inclusive service. Would recommend to landlords.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  34. A 4 -star review by ''

Cr0
    Diane Armstrong

Diane is well organised and responsive to queries. The agent was quick to arrange an open day viewing and initiated an increased rental value. Relatively smooth transaction between previous tenants moving out and new tenants moving in.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    240 Blythe Road (Brook Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Myles Moloney
    SW5
    £375000
    Myles Moloney

Myles was a god send to the whole selling process and kept me updated every step of the way. He sold the flat, which other larger corporate agents failed to do and got me a better price then any of them had offered me. Definitely will be a repeat customer.