Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1433 ratings. This website contains 1432 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 110 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 06-May-2015 11:09:04

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 48)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    No staff selected.
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Sebastian Grayson, Gurmail Singh
    Sw16
    Sebastian GraysonGurmail Singh

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Steven Bakare
    CR7
    Steven Bakare

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Matthew Huybrechts, Harry Pearson
    Matthew HuybrechtsHarry Pearson

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    83-85 High Street (Croydon) (Surrey)
    Diane Armstrong
    CR0
    Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Vinnie Selvakumar
    sw13
    £1550
    Vinnie Selvakumar

Vinnie was very helpful in our search for a flat to rent in Putney. He was very proactive and contacted us with a fantastic property which had just become available - and was able to organise a viewing for the same evening. He was also very helpful in regards to arranging the paperwork, etc and was very contactable in regards to supporting the process. We would highly recommend working with Vinnie.

“FINE.”

7. 1

£1350
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio was very helpful throughout the process, everything was easy and the move went off without a hitch. Thank you to everyone at Townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    154 Station Road (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    kt16
    Neil Merrit

I found Neil to be very professional, and always got back to me quickly.
    He kept me informed at all times and everything has gone through very well.
    I am very pleased with the service I have received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Morgan Senior
    W13
    £1550
    Morgan Senior

Morgan was very friendly and after 1 month of viewings with other agency's showing me properties over budget and not within my specifications as soon as Morgan showed me the first 2 properties he had taken into consideration everything I was asking for and delivered. Every other agency I felt had just been wasting my time. I was very happy with what he had shown me on my first viewing and Morgan had called me nearly every day with properties that actually fitted my specifications. Very pleased I had a good agent who listened to me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Roddy Allan
    SW15
    £1330
    Roddy Allan

Having been looking for a flat not to only rent but also buy, I think it's fair to say I have meet with my fair share of Estate Agents. Although working with Townends was by far the easiest experience in terms of transparency and professionalism. It made the entire process seamless and I trusted Roddy 100%, whereas in the past I have been rather dubious about my encounters with other agents .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    83-85 High Street (Croydon) (Surrey)
    No staff selected.
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Swift, efficient, professional service. Flat was let within one weekend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Samantha Armstrong
    SW2
    Samantha Armstrong

I was very impressed with Townends Lettings, from finding a suitable tenant, to the Tenants moving in, Samantha kept us informed of each stage throughout the process.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    154 Station Road (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    KT16
    Neil Merrit

Neil has been very thoughtful and nice. He arranged a viewing in the last minute, put our offer, got a good price and has always answered my emails quickly and politely.
    I wish all agents could be like him and no one would have problems with their properties again.
    I am very happy for having chosen Townends Addlestone and hope we can continue getting the same excellent service during our tenancy.
    Highly recommended!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY COULD HAVE BEEN A BIT MORE SPECIFIC ON WHAT THE FEES WERE EXACTLY FOR.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£1525
    Amilcar Caires

We made a very good experiance with Townends, Amilcar was fantastic advisor, very professional and friendly with high standard of customer service. He demonstrated great understanding of our needs and was able to find just the right property for us. He also supported us a lot in the negotiations with the Landlord and helped in arriving at the compromisesatisfactory for all parties involved.
    Great Job Alilcar,Thank's a lot!

“STILL TOO HIGH”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Don
    TW17
    £1
    Don

Hello,

I would like to thank Chris and his team for the very helpful and consistent service. We had alot of problems completing the rental agreement on line, but Chris and his team kept running up to Cafe Nero, to help up download the documents!! Chris even drove all our luggage to the rental, very nice touch.

I do feel all emailed docs. should be dealt with at the office, its was extremely time consuming for us and for Chris and his team. Some of the docs. arrived and others didn't. If everything was sent to the office email then customers could complete their details with a dedicated rental agreement staff member.

But many thanks to Chris and everyone at Twickenham.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DO FEEL IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE, BUT THATS LONDON!!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Robert Dawson Emma Western
    Tw16
    £385000
    Robert Dawson Emma Western

Robert Dawson and the sales team marketed our property well and achieved a quick sale. The support offered by Emma Western as the legal process continued was exemplary - no question went unanswered and she was prompt and efficient, taking all unnecessary stress out of the equation. A very professional and friendly service

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Craig Richards, Chris Jones
    £1600
    no photoChris Jones
    Craig RichardsChris Jones

We were looking for a specific type of property in Guildford, and we appreciated Townends' openness and honesty about the availability and suitability of the properties we were looking at.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

£520000
    Fabian Jones

From the initial valuation through to the completion of sale, all the staff at this Townends office assisted my wife and I in a very professional manner.

Fabian was our main point of contact and kept us promptly and fully informed of viewings, managing final sale negotiations competently and efficiently, being sympathetic to both ourselves and our purchasers. I am sure that Fabian is held in high regard as a member of the negotiating team.

We were completely satisfied with the service offered by the branch and would not hesitate to use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE WERE NATURALLY PLEASED TO HAVE ACTIONED OUR SALE WHILST A PROMOTIONAL FEE WAS APPLIED AS FINAL COSTS WERE A BIG FACTOR TO BE CONSIDERED. HOWEVER WE WOULD COMMENT THAT IT WAS PLEASING TO SEE THAT A TRUE, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE WAS PROVIDED, A SERVICE RARELY FOUND WITHIN THE PROPERTY MARKETING INDUSTRY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Ravi Fatania, Samantha Armstrong
    SW16
    Ravi FataniaSamantha Armstrong

New tennants were found with minimum fuss. Happy with the level of service I recieved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Emma Western
    TW4
    £188000
    Emma Western

I dealt initially with Richard and Sharon who were helpful and professional. Originally, I went in on spec towards the end of the day, but I was made most welcome. That decided me to use Townends to sell my flat. Marketing was swift and effective. I quickly received offers - although I did wonder sometimes if Townends were more interested in making the sale than getting the best possible price for me. Moving towards completion took a long time - through no fault of Townends- thank you Sharon, for putting up with me being grumpy!
    I must say particular thanks to Emma Western who finally drove the sale through to completion. She liaised between my solicitor and the buyers and their solicitor; kept me fully advised at all times and came up with sound, practical suggestions. She was always patient and professional and I really felt she had my best interests at heart.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I STRONGLY BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A STANDARD FEE NOT BASED ON % OF SELLING PRICE. THIS FEE SHOULD REFLECT THE LEVEL OF EXPERTISE REQUIRED, NOT WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Relocation agent
    Farhid Hakimi, Taylor McNeil
    TW16
    £1300
    Farhid HakimiTaylor McNeil

Farhid showed me a numbet of properties Sunbury and was very helpful and knowledgable of the area .
    Taylor also was helpful and I viewed a few properties with him too.
    Both showed me properties that nearly fitted the clients requirements

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 1 -star review by ''

Stuart Shubrook, Umaselvan Kulanthaivadivel
    £995
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Stuart ShubrookUmaselvan Kulanthaivadivel

Before the Ester break I tried to contact Stuart Shubrook but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn't realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months' rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn.
    2) I... (read more)

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“1) I rented through the address mentioned above for more than two years and end my tenancy agreement on 16th of March. Before the Ester break I tried to contact “Stuart Shubrook” but no success, I left voice message but never had a single call from him until now. I contact him via email to talk about final payment. But I didn’t realise that I have to cancel my direct debt. Now two months’ rent has been gone to Townends account, this is simply ignored by Townends till I checked my account myself. Now I have to wait for 3 to five working days to get refunded and my account is overdrawn. 2) I called Stuart on yesterday. Stuart don’t care about existing customers money. He simple told me that I should have cancelled the direct debt. 3) My deposit since now. I contacted Townends and they told me that I have contact myself to get the deposit back from the owner. But in Stuart email it clearly mentioned if he dont hear from both party within 10 working days the case will be close. I met few people who rented flat or house from townends and they told me that I paid high admin fee. There is no fix price. Stuart (from Head office) Amaleo and Tracy (from Egham Branch) change their rules as they wish. Note: These feedbacks will be spread throughout Royal Holloway University and local people in Egham and Englefield green”

23. View All Comments (1)by Townends  05/05/2015

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to Townends so that we can improve our service. Please email us your contact details to info@townends.co.uk so that we can investigate and resolve this matter.
  24. 1

£1350
    Emilio Ascione

I had a cold call from Emilo, he had made inquiries and obtained my contact number. from the first call he was very friendly and courteous . Although we didn't agree terms on many subsequent calls he remained pushy but friendly . Eventually I relented and he won me over.
    Although I have not met Emilio yet I find him warm ,ambitious and a driven man. I will be glad to have him on my team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THERE IS MORE ROOM FOR DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PROPERTY LANDLORS.”

25. 1

gu25
    £1750
    Emilio Ascione

I am very pleased with the service received with townends and in particular Emilio. He is very efficient, professional and pleasantly persistent. He was given instruction to let my property in the morning and he had delivered by the evening...that says it all!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 4 -star review by ''

gu2
    £1450
    Amilcar Caires

townends guildford has helped us find a home here in uk. they have taken us to view properties that match our interests. we are very pleased with the house that we have found. i would have to commend amilcar because even though we had encountered problems and delays with the house we wanted, he really exerted much effort in helping us find a new home. and we truly appreciate how he negotiated with the landlord to accept our offer. i dont know how he did it but we are truly thankful how he has made moving in as soon as possible to this lovely home. i think how they handled the mishaps or delays we have encountered truly speaks of what kind of agency they are and the people are part of it, persevering and customer centered. it is not always a smooth sailing deal, but i think true excellence can be best seen in how an agency weathers whatever problems that come. in the end, we have the house and we are very pleased. thank you guildford townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£675
    Chris Jones

Chris Jones was extremely helpful in finding a tenant for my studio flat in Guildford. He was always there to assist and dealt with problems promptly. I was extremely pleased with the service I received from him and will use him again to find a new tenant for the flat when the occasion arises.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH AGENT'S FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

£1250
    Louis Byrne

Louis Byrne just helped me find my new property being extremely active and helpful during the whole process. The moving went smoothly and it was all dealt professionally and according to high standards.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT THE CHEAPEST ONES BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.”

29. 1

GU25
    £1700
    Emilio Ascione

Whoever says quick, quality, excellence, simplicity don't fit together has not met Emilio at Townends. From a rush across Oxfordshire to dash into a viewing made possible with an hour's notice to a signed receipted deposit just 5 hours later, he has found a perfect home for me and my family and sorted all the small print details so that it followed a seemless path.

Great appreciation for excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Alex , Joanna
    TW15
    Alex Joanna

Great service always kept up to date and all questions answered. Very professional and would use again. helped us through the whole process with little fuss

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

w13
    £447000

Positives:
    - Lots of appropriate viewings were arranged
    - We had regular and straightforward contact and communications with the agent
    - Our position was understood by the agent very well
    - No heavy selling - the agent's approach was professional
    - Friendly and approachable
    Development point:
    - Floor space approximation was quite significantly over-estimated. We asked the agent to measure but this wasn't done until the day of exchange.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Joanna , Alex
    Tw18
    £1175
    Joanna Alex

I have dealt with Joanna quite a few times now and she always goes the extra mile. She dropped a contract to me as I hadn't received it in the post this was done onher way home after 7.30pm. She is very approachable and professional and I hope to continue working wihpth her.
    I have also been speaking to Alex and he also has been very helpful and keeps me informed and what is happening with regards to my property. Thank you to you both

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 4 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Alex
    Tw18
    £1250
    Alex

I have been asked to write this review by the agents which I am happy to do. The person dealing with me, Alex, was very helpful and punctual and the transaction progressed smoothly. In as much as such matters are dealt with routinely by agents, the service was fine and as good as one can reasonably expect.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    240 Blythe Road (Brook Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Sophie Sterling
    W14
    Sophie Sterling

Excellent service. She rang earlier to re-confirm the viewing which was nice, especially since I had a nightmare non-view with an agent from a different agency earlier. Re other agency - Out of courtesy I rang her I was a station away and will be few minutes late because of tube delays, she the decided to use my slot for another viewing and told me to wait 45 mins for her! This is typical of london agents, so it's a nice change to have Sophie in my next viewing. She was understanding when I explained what I like and don't like about the property, and did not push me to change my mind. I was insisting on a freehold property, but she explained how it may not always be as ideal as I had in mind - a reality check I appreciate. She was in touch with another Townends agent from a different branch re my next viewing, and very kindly dropped me off at the next property. All and all, excellent service, and I truly hope I will find THE property through Sophie.

35. 1

Eleanor Popham
    tw20
    £835
    Eleanor Popham

Once we looked at the house and decided we were interested everything went up hill from there. its going through really quickly which we are more than pleased with as our current situation means that we are over crowded. Overall the speed everything is going is way more than what we expected it to be and we are very grreatful for that. Eleanor was very polite and helpful and if it wasn't for her and her kindness none of this would have gone the way we hoped. So once again we are very grratful for the customer service we recieved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    240 Blythe Road (Brook Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Anton Neil, Solomon Drummond
    W6
    £2405
    Anton NeilSolomon Drummond

My tenants gave two months notice back in February to leave our 3 bed flat. I immediately rang Anton at Townends, who we have used for the last 15 years. Always the pessimist, I was worried that I would have a void, and would we manage to find replacements quickly etc. Anton reassured me time and again 'of course he would find me tenants' and that there was loads of time....... He not only found tenants, but when their references weren't up to the mark, he found three more! very suitable, and they moved in on the same day that the others moved out. How good is that?!! I must say I was very impressed. And when he was not in the office, Solomon took over and did the viewings, and fielded my rather too frequent telephone calls to find out if everything was going ahead. being calm and reassuring. Whoever I was dealing with was courteous at all times, very professional and very friendly and easy to get on with. I would recommend this branch of Townends and will definitely use them next time.

“FEES ARE FINE”