Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1491 ratings. This website contains 1490 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 1381 recommend
  • 110 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 25-May-2015 14:43:51

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 50)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    201 London Road (Mitcham) (Surrey)
    Muktaar Solomon, Phillip Addo
    Cr4
    £1
    Muktaar SolomonPhillip Addo

First Contact was with Muktaar Solomon and then Philip Addo . They turned up on time and always polite. They found tenants in a week and they kept in touch while they did the references.

Diane, Katherina & Fiona then took over until the tenants were moved in. It was a very good experience so well done & many thanks.

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY TO PAY AGREED FEE AS WE ACHIEVED ASKING PRICE. IT WAS FAIR FOR THE SWIFT SERVICE WE RECEIVED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Aaron Potter, Claire Alexander
    W5
    £1400
    Aaron Potterno photo
    Aaron PotterClaire Alexander

My friend and I have been looking for a property to rent for the last 3 months and after some changing circumstances, decided on Ealing. We met Aaron and told him exactly what we were looking for, and, to his credit, he listened! It's taken a while but he's never given up and has always been really helpful and cheerful when things haven't worked out.
    Finally, today he said he had a property for us to look at that ticked all the boxes. He's always been honest and when we saw it we just smiled ;-) He called this evening to tell us it's been agreed pending references and we couldn't be happier!!
    He's been an absolute star and we can't wait to clink glasses and say cheers ;-))) x

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

TW2
    £515000
    Sharon Sheehy

From Start to finish Sharon has worked hard to keep this sale together, she is friendly, excellent at keeping in touch and well informed throughout the whole process. I highly recommend using Sharon, she organised more viewing than other agent, kept me up to date with feedback, dealt with the offer raising them by almost 20,000 and kept this Sale together after Survey turned up a few issues. Ten out of ten for Sharon.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

tw18
    Michael Sharp

I recently purchased my first property through Townends in Staines. Micheal and the team were clear and transparent the whole way through the process which i found very helpful being a first time buyer. They also were able to help me out with my mortgage situation and solicitors which was great as i really had no idea about these things. Overall a fantastic service and i would highly recommend to anyone and everyone and will deffinatly be using Townends in Staines again!!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    GU22
    Charles Webber

Charles was extremely professional and approachable as an agent. He knew all the answers to our questions and was very helpful with regards to the local area. When approaching making an offer on a flat he talked us through the options. He then went through the paperwork in his own time showing commitment to the job.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 4 -star review by ''

CR2
    Diane Armstrong

I recently instructed Diane Armstrong as my Letting Agent to market my property in South Croydon. During our first meeting, she shared excellent insight and knowledge of the local area and showed a real passion for her profession. Diane was one of the only agents in the area that really demonstrated a desire to want to let the property - others were lack lustre by comparison. Diane was fair during fee negotiations and conscientious in talking me though all of the hurdles a new land lord must overcome.
    She managed to secure me very good tenants within 1 week of marketing, who have subsequently already extended their agreement with me for a further 12 months. During after sales, her good humour and customer service has been first class, especially going above and beyond my expectations in terms of assisting me with administrative challenges.
    Diane is asset to her business and I cannot recommend her highly enough !!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FLEXIBLE, FAIR AND COMPETITIVE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    201 London Road (Mitcham) (Surrey)
    Phillip Addo
    CR4
    £1470
    Phillip Addo

Thank you for the good job you guys have done for me and my wife.We do appreciate a lot.Thanks to Phillip addo.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    Louis Devins
    TW20
    £277500
    Louis Devins

Honest and conscientious from the beginning to the end. Very happy in their role when marketing the property and then when negotiating the most appropriate price for me.
    Happy to recommend in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 St Judes Road (Englefield Green) (Surrey)
    tw20
    Claire Tacey-Green

Very helpful and professional, helped me secure the perfect investment. :) Gladly recommend to anyone out there looking to buy a home or investing.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    SW18
    £1300
    Eleanor Murtagh

After having some very bad experiences with other agencies it has been a pleasure to meet and work with Eleanor. She has been professional, prompt, helpful and very much 'on the ball' ! Even when our first offer was not accepted she was quick to let us know and immediately offered more options for us to continue our search. We are looking forward to continuing to work with her and find our perfect flat!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE HAVE NOT PAID ANY FEES YET - THEY DO SEEM A BIT HIGH, BUT WE WERE TOLD THERE IS SOME ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION ON THIS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Michael Sharp, Louis Devins
    TW15
    £555000
    Michael SharpLouis Devins
    Michael SharpLouis Devins

Both Michael and Louis were very professional and patient with us buying the property. Negotiations were tricky at times but they both worked well to get us a solution. Both very flexible when we wanted to visit the property at short notice and we were allowed the space to look around at our own leisure.
    Would thoroughlly reccommend to anyone looking to sell or buy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    130 Victoria Road (Aldershot) (Hampshire)
    David Whittle, Richard Bicknell
    GU11
    £750
    David WhittleRichard Bicknell
    David WhittleRichard Bicknell

Really good guys very efficient. Young and enthusiastic and a pleasure to work with.
    Have already and will continue to recommend

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    SW18
    £1375
    Kieran Rigley

I have worked with a few letting agents since being in London but Kieran at Townends is by far the best. My girlfriend and I were in a bit of a quandary having been given unexpected notice on our property but within an hour of getting this I had spoken with Kieran who showed us round a property that day and confirmed our offer had been accepted within 24hours. His attention and professionalism afterwards (usually a time when some agents go missing) has been first-class and he has resolved any teething problems since making the move. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable, honest and hard-working letting agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    GU27
    £718000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We just want to say Thank you for all your help in helping us through selling our first house as well as supporting us selling our second house! We are so grateful and appreciate everything you have done for us! We would highly recommend Townsends to anyone, the effeciency and professionalism is first class- we especially would like to thank Andy and Ivan - Thank you Townsend Team x

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Kellie Harris, Clint Amfo
    SE25
    £850
    no photoClint Amfo
    Kellie HarrisClint Amfo

I am extremely happy with the professional service I received from Kellie at Townends, South Norwood. I discovered that I had CCJ on my record which had been put on in error and was preventing me from passing my credit check. The team were very patient whilst I sorted it out and had it removed. Both Kellie and Clint were very understanding of the problem and did everything the could to help me solve the issue.
    Communication in their office between staff members is excellent and they work very well as a team.
    I am now happily living in my new rented accommodation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Simon Morris, Katrina Johnson
    Cr0
    £825
    Simon MorrisKatrina Johnson
    Simon MorrisKatrina Johnson

I am very happy that me and my boyfriend was able to find a place with townends so quickly Simon did everything he could to make it easier for us as we have never rented a flat before we was able to enter the flat before we moved in to measure the window for curtains which I am so greatfull for thank you. Simon also has made sure the flat was cleaned and and painted so it looks nice and tidy for when we move in on Monday!! he has made sure that we have understood everything and would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO SIMON MORRIS amazing!!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    TW16
    £247500
    Chad Newbould

We invited 3 agents to value our property. We selected Townends because of their success selling similar properties and because we felt their decisive marketing plan sounded the most plausible. Chad Newbould presented a compelling case. An open viewing hour resulted in numerous offers and we have just exchanged contracts at over the asking price. Townends have kept well in touch throughout the conveyancing.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE AGREED A FEE SCALE THAT REWARDED THE AGENT FOR ACHIEVING THE ASKING PRICE OR BETTER. MONEY WELL SPENT!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-5 Epsom Road (Guildford) (Surrey)
    Andy , Ivan
    GU27
    £718000
    Andy Ivan

We would love to give a huge Thank you to Townsends in Guildford for helping us sell our first house and helping us sell our second home giving us support throughout the process. We highly recommend Townsends, they are efficient and very professional. We especially would like to thank Andy and Ivan for all their hard work. Once again a massive Thank you to all the team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Rebecca Whitethread
    TW3
    £2000
    Rebecca Whitethread

after a very terrible and disappointing result from a different estate agent, I got very professional and prompt service extremely happy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 4 -star review by ''

GU21
    £975
    Charles Webber

Townends' high standard of organisation and communication allowed my letting to progress from offer to key collection within one week. Agents were knowledgable about the property and the area, offering honest estimates of distances to the town centre and station.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Diane Armstrong, Simon Morris
    £1450
    Diane ArmstrongSimon Morris
    Diane ArmstrongSimon Morris

Both Diane and Simon were professional honest and extremely helpful.
    Diane finalised everything swiftly and kept me informed of progress all the way through the process.
    Thanks to both of them me my partner and the 4 children can look forward to moving into our new home.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FOUND THE ADMINISTRATION FEE VERY HIGH COMPARED TO OTHER AGENCIES BUT I KNOW THEY HAVE SECURED A FABULOUS HOME FOR ME SO MAYBE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 St Judes Road (Englefield Green) (Surrey)
    TW20
    £225
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The agent was very helpful throughout, provided me with all the relevant information and got back to me immediately when I had questions. Excellent service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Sharon Sheehy, Emma Western
    Tw4
    £210000
    Sharon Sheehyno photo
    Sharon SheehyEmma Western

Great experience after a very bad experience from another agent.

As an estate agent of 10 years myself I really appreciated the hardwork the team put in to make this sale progress quickly.

Richard the manager and Emma were very hands on and took control of he deal at vital stages. Sharon found a very suitable buyer for my time sensitive situation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

SE25
    £850
    Clint Amfo

This is my first experience in looking for a tenant with Townend. Clint was very helpful at accommodating my needs and making sure the process ran quickly, efficiently and professionally with a smile. The overall cost was affordable for me and I will definitely lje to use Townend again for my our other properties.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles, Vinnie
    SW19
    £1350
    Sam MilesVinnie

After purchasing the flat through Townends we opted to use Townends to let it out as the purchase process had been so good and the fee's they were offering were very competitive. Added to this the process was going to be seamless as the property was transferred from sales to lettings with no fuss.

We completed the property at lunchtime on a Thursday, had several viewings that evening and had tenants in the bag 48 hours later at more or less asking price. Although the tenants haven't moved in yet, the process with Sam, Vinnie and Fiona has been flawless and painless and we are looking forward to getting the tenancy started next week.

Will not hesitate to recommend Townends over other agents and will be sure to use them again. Different class.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

TW18
    £12500
    Michael Sharp

All people at the agency were very helpful and in particular Michael who followed us on this particular sale. He always came back promptly when we requested information and feedback and always very proactive and cooperative.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES SEEMED A LITTLE STEEP AT THE BEGINNING OR OUR NEGOTIATIONS AS WE WERE ONLY SELLING A GARAGE BUT IN THE END AS WE DID APPRECIATE THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT WENT INTO IT THE FEES ARE DEFINITELY ADEQUATE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Charles Webber, Charlie Bone
    GU22
    £1300
    Charles WebberCharlie Bone

When we initially viewed the property, we asked Charlie about my flatmates circumstances as a newly self-employed carer, and it's potential effects on the tenancy process.

At the time, Charlie assured us that there wouldn't be any issue, and that the paperwork would proceed smoothly. In retrospect, we should have thoroughly looked into this ourselves, but we took his advise at face value.

Now, the gentleman i have moved in with was not the speediest when it came to handling paperwork, but for the initial stages of the process, he was working under the assumption that he did not need a... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“I FELT THAT UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, SOME OF THE ADMIN FEES WERE 1.5X WHAT WE HAD SEEN ELSEWHERE FROM OTHER AGENTS IN THE AREA. HOWEVER, BECAUSE OF THE GUARANTOR DELAYS AND THE FLAT SWAP, I WAS COMFORTABLE PAYING THEM.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Kellie Harris
    Se25
    £950
    Kellie Harris

It's a stressful time trying to find a new home in an unfamiliar area. So I would like to express my gratitude for your fantastic support and friendly guidance that has made this process so much easier
    I'm full of thanks. Kelly was absolutely amazing, polite, professional, helpful with every issue we had and made us feel comfortable at every stage of the process!
    Well done Townends

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    154 Station Road (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    kt15
    £750
    Neil Merritt

I let my 1 bed flat through Townends in Addlestone Branch. 2 months ago I had to hand my tenant notice as my situation had change & I need to move back in. Townends we great and serviced my tenant the notice, unfortunately my tenant did not take being service notice well. On the first weekend after notice was serviced my tenant went in to branch and asked if I would be flexible on the move out date, the letting agent said most landlords are flexible we will call them to find out. When I said no due the date I could move back in the tenant decided to put in a complain about the letting agent, because they believed the letting agent had miss lead them.

All along the process from when I first decided to let my flat out to notice being serviced Townends Addlestone & Townends Head Office have been great helping & offering advice on how I can deal with things.

I would recommend anyone thinking of letting there property out to speak to Townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

£1450
    Diane Armstrong

This agent provided a first class service when letting our property. The team was professional, efficient and courteous at all times. They gave good sound advice. Most importantly they kept us informed and updated with progress reports. They managed to find new tenants for our property within a week!