Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1590 ratings. This website contains 1589 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 112 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 06-Jul-2015 16:07:05

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 53)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    Alex Joannou, Joanna Eden
    TW18
    Alex JoannouJoanna Eden

Brilliant service from Alex and Joanna. They were positive in their approach and gave me confidence in their abilities in letting my flat. All queries were satisfactorily answered. The flat was viewed within 6 hours of being assessed and the prospective Tenants agreed to rent the flat. The agreed rent was fair. I have opted for full management by Townends.
    I do recommend using Townends if you are thinking of Letting a property, the service was professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Louis Byrne, Robert McPeake
    w5
    £1150
    Louis ByrneRobert McPeake
    Louis ByrneRobert McPeake

I got quick and helpful responses, and showed me the right properties. I Found something in no time. An agency who actually does something when they promise it.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 4 -star review by ''

£750
    Craig Richards

I was introduced to this property by Mr Craig Richards. The property met my requirements and Lucinda Bale and Craig from Townends were kind enough to sort out all the paper work with property. Also whenever there has been any querry with regards to this property Craig has answered all my querries patiently. Also the property management team does a fantastic job if there is any problem.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Rebecca Whitethread, Faye Stone
    tw2
    £2500
    no photono photo
    Rebecca WhitethreadFaye Stone

We were informed well by weekly or daily Mailings. Some of the supposed porperties were over our budget or not matching our criterias. But mostly they were good choice.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    Alex Joannou, Joanna Eden
    TW18
    £1295
    Alex JoannouJoanna Eden

Contacted us to let us know they had tenants waiting to move in and sure enough the next day the house was let after being on the market with another agent for 3 months.
    Everything was organised very quickly and efficiently.

Comments on the Agents fees

“QUITE EXPENSIVE BUT SLICK ORGANISATION. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - GOOD SERVICE AND BACK-UP COMES AT A PRICE!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

£1
    Chris Jones

Chris was the primary agent used at Townends Guildford to let our property. He was efficient, courteous and found the type of tenants that I required. Will be planning to use Townends and Chris again in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 2 -star review by ''

£1350
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

They did not give me any of the details I asked.
    We only received one set of keys and we have yet to be refunded for the other set.
    We were promised a garage but any attempt to find the location of the garage has been ignored.
    We were not told any information about our utility suppliers.
    We were told we could pay rent on the 27th but it has to be 3 days early for no sensible reason.

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“Please be more helpful and prompt (as in actually get back to customers) when dealing with them.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

£1275
    Diane Armstrong

Diane for me is a true pro at what she does and how she manages her customers is exceptional. During my rental period in all fairness I played hardball but when she personally contacted me on her day off she was both concerned about me loosing a prospectiv tenant but also the tenant losing a property they really wanted. For me her services is the only reason I sold my property through Townends after the rental. I think the sales team can learn from her exceptional behaviours.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones

Very professional service. Have found a good tenant for my flat at a good price.
    Process of signing also all computerised and works well. Competitive fees compared to other agencies. Always available for answering questions and advice. Overall very happy.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Tw16
    £625
    Taylor McNeil

Very efficient and helpful.
    Friendly service and helped to explain everything well. Good communication between the landlord and tenant and quick at responding to queries.
    Taylor took in to account personal circumstances and was understanding and honest.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Emma Western, Chad Newbould
    TW16
    £560000
    no photoChad Newbould
    Emma WesternChad Newbould

Emma worked extremely hard to progress our house sale in very trying circumstances (namely a deadline from the owners of the house we were purchasing, some very late enquiries from our buyer, and a failure to pass on crucial enquiries by the buyers' solicitor). Despite rising stress levels all round, Emma remained focussed and diligent, keeping in regular contact and providing us with frequent updates. She very successfully kept all parties informed and connected (buyers, sellers, solicitors, estate agents) and was friendly and personable throughout.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles
    SW17
    £270000
    Sam Miles

Akhil Khanna of Townends provided an excellent service through the process of buying my flat in SW17. He was always very polite, efficient and very accommodating. I would recommend him.

I was impressed by his first viewing and actually put an offer on the property straight away. I felt it was realistically priced given the location and surroundings.

The property needs a complete refurbishment, and Mr Akhil went out of his way in respect of arranging for myself and various contractors to visit the property. He had a good knowledge of the area and the potential for growth in the market value etc.

All in all it was a very good experience, including the assistance of the Manager Alkesh at the Earlsfield branch who did his upmost to ensure a smooth process. He was also very knowledgeable about property values and what could be done to increase the market value.

A strong team many thanks.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 3 -star review by ''

£1200
    Amilcar Caires

Good initial setting up although a lot of effort was required by me thus far to get issues sorted with the apartment. e.g. Getting new oven fitted, doors fixed, light fixtures fixed, kitchen is still not properly cleaned, etc

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Gu1
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

Very efficient Estate agent. Nice and helpful. They managed to find good tenants very quickly. Pleasant on the phone. Treat customers with respect and truthful to their words.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Katrina Johnson
    £900
    Diane ArmstrongKatrina Johnson
    Diane ArmstrongKatrina Johnson

I had never rented before, and needed a short term rental as my property had sold and my new property wasn't ready yet. The team were really helpful, throughout the process. Both on the phone and in person. Found me an ideal location and the paperwork and formalities were completed very quickly and professionally. Now at the end of the rental period and again could be happier with the teams efforts. They made the process stress free.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

GU7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have just given them the whole letting agency from just collecting the rent and find them so helpful and very reliable.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 4 -star review by ''

£800
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

I would recommend Townends Guildford. Professional, punctual and pleasant to deal with throughout. I had very little time to secure a rental property, and their approachability and straightforwardness was much appreciated. Communications overall very good. The only hiccup in the whole process was their initially being unable to check a payment had been made on a Saturday, whereas the branch was open and, of course, banks operating - this could have been made clearer from the get-go. However, in the end it was quickly sorted out and the lease began smoothly. Good service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    Kellie Harris
    Cr7
    £1600
    Kellie Harris

So far I've only met Kellie Harris once but first impressions count and thought she presented herself very professionally and polite. Kellie was very helpful and continues to be so.
    Any questions I've had so far she's been very prompt in answering them thoroughly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Gu1
    £1250
    Chris Jones

I bought my buy to let flat through Townends exactly 2 years ago. In this time I have had 2 different tenants which have both stayed for a year. My property suits well funded students who are enrolled in the college near by. On both occasions they rented the flat out within 3 days with all paperwork completed within 2 weeks. All through the rental negotiations they kept me well informed and did all the necessary checks.

I also use Townends for the check out and in procedures and the company they use are also very reliable.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Chris and the team at Townends, they have been extremely professional

I would have no hesitation in recommending Townends,

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE NEGOTIATED A MONTHLY FEE WHICH I AM HAPPY WITH”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones

I have received excellent service from Townends, not just this year but for a number of years. They have let three of my properties for this year alone. I live in London so it is imperative that I instruct the right agent to handle my business and I have never been let down by Townends. Chris Jones in particular has been so proactive and often contacts me out of hours to progress matters, even when I am out of the country I can be guaranteed to hear from him. The amazing thing is that I am yet to meet as I live in London. When I instruct Townends I find that I do not need to instruct other agents as back up.

I would give Townends the highest score in terms of ratings and look forward to the excellent service they offer each year, as they work on renting my properties.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

£900
    Amilcar Caires

We had our 1 bed flat with another leading high street agent for 4 weeks, we were told they had many viewings but no offers. We moved to Townends and the property had 2 offers and was subsequently let, close to asking price, within 48 hrs.
    Highly recommend as a letting agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    Andrew Walker

The team at Townends were always very responsive and helpful during our purchase. The process was fairly long because of an ongoing chain, but Andy and Tim managed this very well and did their best to make it happen. They were always willing to arrange visits when we needed to take builders and architects round, and liaised with the seller to minimise disruption to her. The only negative part of the experience was a slightly pressurised attempt to secure an exchange of contracts when we simply did not have the necessary assurances from our solicitor. In the end the exchange happened one working day later, with no ill effects for anyone, but it would have helped not to create an all-or-nothing situation and allow a little more time for things to be resolved. A lot of money was at stake so we had to get it right. But this was a small thing and on the whole we were very happy indeed with Townends and would be happy to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    SW17
    £1450
    Abigail Gibbs

We used Abi as our sole agent to let our property. She was always punctual to meetings and very knowledgable about the market and what rent we could achieve. She was easily contactable and always made a point of accommodating our needs. I cannot recommend her enough as a lettings agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ABI'S FEES WERE HIGHLY COMPETITIVE. INDEED THEY WERE THE LOWEST COMPARED TO TWO OTHER LETTINGS AGENTS WE TRIALLED. LOW DOESN'T ALWAYS NECESSARILY MEAN BEST BUT IN ABI'S CASE WE WERE NOT LET DOWN.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

£1200
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

I have been with Townends for a good few years now. They are responsive, proactive and their administration teams are on the ball and effective. I am impressed with their effective use of technology (eg digital signatures for contracts) and for going the extra mile when required. I would be happy to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    sw18
    £1350
    Abigail Gibbs

Abigail was fantastic. She managed to secure a viewing for us at a time inconvenient to herself. She also conducted the viewing in a professional manner and was very knowledgeable in answering our many questions. We ended up putting in an offer for the property which Abi also helped guide is through in a helpful and efficient way. A very good experience.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    GU22
    £795
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

Townends were quick to respond to my enquiry through Rightmove. Although did send multiple requests for filling in my requirements (no. of bedrooms/budget etc.). All staff I dealt with were friendly and approachable and requests were dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIRLY EXPENSIVE - PARTICULARLY FOR ADMIN. HOWEVER SIMILAR FEES ARE CHARGED BY OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Charles Webber
    GU22
    £2450
    Charles Webber

Charles Webber was very good agent in that he was polite, proactive, and responsive to my needs in letting the property and managed to let for me for a reasonable price.

He acted on all what he promised to do and also was honest in passing on to me what the tenant requested to sort out in the property prior to moving in on the 1st of August.2015.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE AGENTS FEES ARE REASONABLE AND ARE IN LINE WITH THE FEES I PAY FOR MY OTHER PROPERTIES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Robert McPeake, Ayvianna Snow
    W5
    £1500
    Robert McPeakeno photo
    Robert McPeakeAyvianna Snow

Robert McPeake provided an exemplary service for me as a tenant. Before trying Townends I had tried to find a suitable home with several other estate agencies and found the agents did not really listen to my requirements carefully. Mr McPeake however listened to everything I said and immediately found a couple of very suitable properties. After finding the perfect apartment, he was also instrumental in sorting out negotiations with the landlord so I could move in as soon as possible.

34. 1
    person found this

Branch:
    179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    TW20
    £250000
    Louis Devins

Louis has been very helpful and professional, valuing my house, showing people around, and obtaining some very good offers. He is also informing me of new houses coming on the market that I may be interested in buying. And also keeping in regular contact.

“GOOD, COMPETITIVE FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

James Hay
    £437000
    James Hay
    james Hay

Very happy with the service we recieved and we were kept well informed through our sale. Polite and helpful service.