...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 1770 ratings. This website contains 1769 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 115 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 29-Aug-2015 18:39:56

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 59)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    83-85 High Street (Croydon) (Surrey)
    CR0
    Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Francesca Vickery
    TW17
    Francesca Vickery

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is my personal recommendation for Francesca Vickery .
    Francesca provides me a rental management service to my property in TW17 postcode (Shepperton).
    I found Francesca to be consistently pleasant and work with dedication and a smile.
    I am very happy to work with this great company Townends.
    For further information or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me
    Ron.gdansk@gmail.com

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

£1450
    Matt Huybrechts

We have now used Townends twice to let our flat in Chiswick. They have found us superb tenants on both occasions and have dealt with the whole process very efficiently. Matthew and his team are highly professional and very nice to deal with. Their fees are the most competitive around and their customer service excellent. I will now always go to them first to let our two other properties.

“HIGHLY COMPETITIVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Ryan Anderson
    SW16
    £1400
    Ryan Anderson

Great experience with Townends. Ryan was our estate agent and was quick to get us in to view a property that was not yet on the market. He acknowledged our situation and price limit with a full understanding. I didn't feel ripped off as I have done with other estate agencies.
    He explained things thoroughly and was responsive and informative with all our questions.

Very helpful and would definitely use again!

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT BAD IN COMPARISON TO OTHER AGENCIES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Robert Dawson, Chad Newbould
    TW16
    £229000
    Robert DawsonChad Newbould
    Robert DawsonChad Newbould

I was very happy with the whole experience at Townends. I dealt with Chad Newbold, Robert Dawson and Emma Western and they were all very professional, very helpful, efficient and very reliable. They always replied to my calls immediately and kept me up to date every step of the way. Very impressed with the whole team and would definitely used them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Michael Sharp, Emma Western
    TW19
    £338000
    Michael Sharpno photo
    Michael SharpEmma Western

Michael Sharp was very professional and pleasant . He sold our property very quickly.
    A few problems near the end as the buyers were very slow to have a survey completed , hence then holding up exchange and completion. Michael tried very hard to get this sorted.and although later than we would have liked the sale did happen.
    Emma Western was our contact when Michael was unavailable , due to holidays etc. and she was always very quick to respond to any queries always returning my calls immediately .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Marion Pearson
    TW8
    Marion Pearson

We have been through a long purchasing cycle and can vouch that meeting Marion was a refreshing change in the crowd of excessively pushy (hence off putting to many) estate agents from various agencies. She was thorough but always polite and brought in a humane touch to the transaction. She essentially built a good relationship and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and to hire her services in future.

12. 1

£1600
    Craig Richards

As a foreigner relocating with his family in the UK I found the end-to-end process very straightforward. Everything was clearly explained from the very beginning and the agent and his colleagues when absent kindly answered all our queries - and there were quite a few! Negotiations with the landlord regarding contract duration were perfectly managed and led all the parties to reach a fair trade. All happened as agreed thus matching expectations.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Dominic Wiseman, Jenna McCann
    Tw1
    £1035
    no photoJenna McCann
    Dominic WisemanJenna McCann

The agents were very helpful. Always very fast at answering emails and very helpful with any questions I had. From the beginning were very welcoming at the first viewing of the house. Was able to answer all my questions and give me all needed information. This was a lot better than other estate agents which I used. We're very helpful with keeping me updated with how the paperwork was going and if there was every any problems was on the phone straight away ringing me

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

TW16
    £1175
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was clear, concise and to the point. Something you don't always get with estate agents! He's kept us updated, is always available when we need something and generally just gets the job done without fuss. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

TW18
    £795
    Michael Sharp

Good professional service as a landlord looking to let a flat. The team at Townends appear to be in touch with a database regulalrly and had my property let for a good price within a few days of coming round to appraise.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

£1500
    Matt Huybrechts

My partner and I have recently moved to London from Bristol at relatively short notice. Matthew was the agent who led us through the tenancy process. He was professional, helpful, speedy and courteous throughout. The whole process was very quick and we are thrilled with the property that we've move to. I couldn't recommend Matthew or Townsends enough!

“WORTH EVERY PENNY!”

17. 2
    people found this

Ivan Astin, James Hay
    Gu4
    £260000
    Ivan AstinJames Hay
    Ivan Astinjames Hay

They were consistently excellent from start to finish. I was very pleased with how professional yet friendly they were though out and made our selves feel important and a priority to them. They were on the ball with getting the viewings in and finding a buyer. I have been very impressed also when I had any queries they got back to me straight away, they have always been very helpful. I asked them to look over the survey report for me and they were more than happy to help. A very hard working friendly team who I would definitely recommend.

18. View All Comments (1)by Guy Hodge  26/08/2015

Dear Miss Harmer, Thank you very much indeed for such a lovely and positive review about James and Ivan. They both thoroughly enjoyed dealing with you and selling your home for you. We wish you every happiness in your new home. Kind regards, Guy Hodge Local Director at Townends Guildford Guildford@townends.co.uk
  19. 1

TW20
    £1750
    Emilio Ascione

I found Emilio to be extremely professional and helpful and went to great lengths to meet my expectations. He was always courteous and responded to telephone calls even late in the evening. I will always maintain contact with him in particular and with the Egham branch of Townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

£1
    James Atlee

Renting out my beautiful flat in Sutton Court, Chiswick had became somewhat of a nightmare. I was bombarded by numerous Estate Agents in the area (and there are many!) who promised to find tenants in a short space of time and for the asking price. One Agent in particular would show numerous prospective tenants round my flat, suggest offers which were unsuitable as the person was not earning sufficiently to pay the rent or was planning to moving a whole month later!
    At around this time, Matt Huybrechts from Townends in Chiswick emailed me. I was impressed with his calm manner. He didn't pressurise me to sign papers on the spot, nor did he do the usual hard sales pitch. He found the right tenants, i.e. professionals in my line of work, for me within days. They love the flat and I am happy and relieved. Thank you for a job well done!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

GU12
    £995
    Richard Bicknell

Always very polite and professional during the lettings procedure and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. We were and are kept informed at all times. Would recommend Townends to all our friends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 4 -star review by ''

Dan Carter, Tommy Larkins
    tw2
    no photono photo
    Dan CarterTommy Larkins

Dan did a really good job in getting the house for us and we managed to complete within 8 weeks of offering. Thank you again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    £1400
    Erol Dogruel

Very happy with the service provided by Townends specifically Erol who has always been

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

tw12
    £1225
    Jenna McCann

Jenna was fabulous when we were moving into our new property. We had previously been let down by another agent and had a 7 day timescale to move. She made everything run smoothly even when we hit a major problem the day before moving. She has provided on going support since we have moved in. O cant recommend her highly enough. A real star!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

TW18
    £125000
    Michael Sharp

Good professional estate agent. Michael there is a good guy and always kept in touch. They have a designated sale progress person who does a lot of work behind the scenes as well making sure things move at a good pace. I would recommend Townends in Staines.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 2 -star review by ''

£725
    Would you use the agent again? No

Very Bad Service. For solve any issue at least taking 10days. Nobody is going to listen if tenant has any problem in house. Taking too much fees. Even In the initial form its mention that the admin fee cost includes the VAT but they will charge separately once the tenet will finalise the house.

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“Admin fees it was mentioned in the form it includes the VAT, but after finalise the house they charged the VAT separately.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 1 -star review by ''

GU10
    £850
    Would you use the agent again? No

I can't find anything positive to write about my experience with Townends.

From the very first time that I engaged with them to assist me with finding a suitable property, through to completion and picking up the keys from their Aldershot-based office they lacked basic communication, they were unhelpful and only got in touch when requesting payment for their (incredibly exorbitant) fees - and even that only consisted of sending an email and forwarding it until I had acknowledged it. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of fees because c.£700 for two references and a couple of... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS MENTIONED ABOVE. NO VALUE FOR MONEY.”

28. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Chris Jones, Nick Moulds
    GU14
    £1300
    Chris Jonesno photo
    Chris JonesNick Moulds

The process end to end with Chris was trouble free and efficient with all parties wanting quick resolution, we were able to complete the transaction quickly ans speedily and are delighted with our new home

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES WERE FAIR FOR THE PROPERTY AND IT'S LOCATION - WE SPECIFICALLY WANTED TO BE CLOSE TO THE TOWN CENTRE AND TRAIN STATION SO UNDERSTOOD THERE MAY WELL BE A SLIGHT PREMIUM”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    83-85 High Street (Croydon) (Surrey)
    Diane Armstrong, Colin Fosu
    CR0
    £850
    Diane ArmstrongColin Fosu
    Diane ArmstrongColin Fosu

My first encounter with Diane was last year when Townsend was selected as our Letting Agent (recommended by my neighbour).

Diane found a young professional couple, who unfortunately have given notice to leave after a year as they are hoping to buy their own place. To me Diane has been an absolute pro at what she does and how she manages her customers, which is exceptional. She understands her clients so well and delivers spot on. Her services mean everything as she has given me so much confidence in letting my property and will never think of going to any other Agent to let my property.

I rang Townsend on Diane's day off recently, and Colin briefed me on how the viewing went with a prospective new tenant. This has given me so much confidence in Diane and her team in Croydon. May she continue long in the letting business and wish the very best.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Dan Carter, Tommy Larkins
    TW1
    £390000
    no photono photo
    Dan CarterTommy Larkins

This is the second time I have used Townends in Twickenham for the buying and selling of property. On both occasions they have been competitive on pricing, delivered an excellent service, been refreshingly honest and realistic in their dealings with clients.

31. 1

£2000
    Chris Jones

I cannot fault my dealings with Chris Jones. He was professional, helpful and thorough throughout the process of letting out my house in Guildford. I felt confident that I could approach him and he would give me an honest appraisal of matters.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    Se25
    £250000
    Simon Bright

Although we have purchased a property through this branch and have received fantastic service from the likes of Simon and herrine, we have since chosen to sell a property based on their friendliness and professionalism. There's something about the way we were dealt with that we liked and chose to work with them again. On another note, we have also been in conversation with the letting team and Clint has been fantastic; quick responses and a willingness to help. Whenever I call in all the staff are always friendly and a joy to deal with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Tw18
    £247500
    Michael Sharp

We needed to move quickly due to our personal situation and right from the registration process Michael understood our needs and was quick to act in funding is somewhere. We made an offer and from it being accepted we had moved in 6 weeks later there were a few hiccups along the way due to the vendor being out of the country but Michael was quick to get these issues sorted and get us into the property in our timescales set out at the beginning. We can't recommend Michael and Townends enough. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    £1750
    Erol Dogruel

I think this agency is the best in Putney. They are friendly, helpful, efficient and get the job done fast. If you are looking for an agency you can trust to be straight-talking and fair on fees then look no further than Townends. Thanks Erol!!

“FAIR”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 4 -star review by ''

TW20
    £205000
    Louis Devins

We thought that Louis was very eager and keen to ensure he sold our property quickly and to the value we needed. His written communication was very professional. He response to email was very quick and he did keep us informed.

Comments on the Agents fees

“LOUIS NEGOTIATE A COMPETITIVE PRICE AND HAD TO WORK HARD FOR IT”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  36. A 5 -star review by ''

Emilio Ascione, Eve Stewart
    Tw20
    £1600
    Emilio AscioneEve Stewart
    Emilio AscioneEve Stewart

Emilio was my first point of contact with Townsends and was extremely helpful and politie in providing me with information about letting our property for the 1st time.
    Eve attended to give us a valuation and was very professional and gave my wife and I the feeling that we had made the right choice of estate agent in marketing our home.
    Our property was let within 7 days of going onto the market to 3 chinese students from a local university for more money then we asked for which was a bonus ! , unfortunately due to rooms being released by the Uni our initial 3 tenants decided to stay on campus... (read more)