Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1406 ratings. This website contains 1405 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 109 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 25-Apr-2015 10:52:50

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 47)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    No staff selected.
    TW7
    Richard Joanna

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh ParadeStreatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson, Gurmail Singh
    Sw16
    Sebastian GraysonGurmail Singh

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Steven Bakare
    CR7
    Steven Bakare

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Matthew Huybrechts, Harry Pearson
    Matthew HuybrechtsHarry Pearson

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

CR0
    Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    W14
    Sophie Sterling

Excellent service. She rang earlier to re-confirm the viewing which was nice, especially since I had a nightmare non-view with an agent from a different agency earlier. Re other agency - Out of courtesy I rang her I was a station away and will be few minutes late because of tube delays, she the decided to use my slot for another viewing and told me to wait 45 mins for her! This is typical of london agents, so it's a nice change to have Sophie in my next viewing. She was understanding when I explained what I like and don't like about the property, and did not push me to change my mind. I was insisting on a freehold property, but she explained how it may not always be as ideal as I had in mind - a reality check I appreciate. She was in touch with another Townends agent from a different branch re my next viewing, and very kindly dropped me off at the next property. All and all, excellent service, and I truly hope I will find THE property through Sophie.

7. 1

Eleanor Popham
    tw20
    £835
    Eleanor Popham

Once we looked at the house and decided we were interested everything went up hill from there. its going through really quickly which we are more than pleased with as our current situation means that we are over crowded. Overall the speed everything is going is way more than what we expected it to be and we are very grreatful for that. Eleanor was very polite and helpful and if it wasn't for her and her kindness none of this would have gone the way we hoped. So once again we are very grratful for the customer service we recieved.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Anton Neil, Solomon Drummond
    W6
    £2405
    Anton NeilSolomon Drummond

My tenants gave two months notice back in February to leave our 3 bed flat. I immediately rang Anton at Townends, who we have used for the last 15 years. Always the pessimist, I was worried that I would have a void, and would we manage to find replacements quickly etc. Anton reassured me time and again 'of course he would find me tenants' and that there was loads of time....... He not only found tenants, but when their references weren't up to the mark, he found three more! very suitable, and they moved in on the same day that the others moved out. How good is that?!! I must say I was very impressed. And when he was not in the office, Solomon took over and did the viewings, and fielded my rather too frequent telephone calls to find out if everything was going ahead. being calm and reassuring. Whoever I was dealing with was courteous at all times, very professional and very friendly and easy to get on with. I would recommend this branch of Townends and will definitely use them next time.

“FEES ARE FINE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    W14
    Sophie Sterling

Sophie Sterling has been a shining example of a skilful Negotiator, she asked all the relevant questions about what my needs and requirements were, what preferences I had and if there was a rime frame to consider. Thus, right from the start, a number of unsuitable properties were eliminated, thereby saving time and effort viewing . She has a vast knowledge of the local property market, the comparative quality of buildings and streets and taught me where my best interests would be served. Always punctual, very polite and considerate, she conducted the viewings carefully and in command of full knowledge of the particulars of each property- Hard work, dedication and integrity: the very best qualities of Sophie.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Emily Harrison
    £850
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Emily Harrison

Emily in head office literally doesn't do anything. They charge £100 for a contract renewal just to change a couple of dates on a contract. She does't respond to emails, she doesn't check or respond to her voicemails - no idea what she actually does do. She's the worst of a pretty useless bunch. The only time anything ever seems to get done is if I tweet them @townends and it seems to spark them into action. How on earth they have so many positive reviews on here, I will never understand. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Comments on the Agents fees

“RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY DO.”

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“Could have actually been good at communicating with us and provided us with a service that warrants a £100 fee.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 4 -star review by ''

Chad Newbould, emma wise
    TW16
    £215000
    Chad Newbouldemma wise

I would say overall I was pleased with the service received from all members of Staff at Sunbury Townends.
    They were very accommodating when due to work commitments and festive period I chose to take property of the market for a break. When we went live again they were great came took new photos and arranged viewings immediately.
    To be honest my only criticism of the process is that Chad was automatically given the property (I assume this is the case with commission) as he had replied to my inquiry via Rightmove. The reason I say this is unfair as 90% of my communications were with Emma and... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Joanna Eden
    £1500
    Joanna Eden

Joanna could not have been more helpful from the very beginning. this was my first experience of being a landlord and the situation in which I became one was quite stressful. Joanna has always been easy to contact and has ensured that all my queries have been addressed. She has found tenants on both occasions swiftly so that I have not lost rental income

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

Charles Webber
    GU22
    Charles Webber

Charles was very helpful in arranging for quick viewings based on our needs. He was quick in responding to any queries we had. He was also open to arrange the viewings a bit late in the day after checking with the landlords. Couldn't have expected better from him. Even the references went on quite smooth. Thanks Charles.

Area for improvement: We felt that the admin charges are bit on the higher side. We have used other agencies in Woking for lettings and they charge lesser than townends. It's something people do take into account when they start looking for houses. Something to ponder!

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE FELT THAT THE ADMIN CHARGES ARE BIT ON THE HIGHER SIDE. WE HAVE USED OTHER AGENCIES IN WOKING FOR LETTINGS AND THEY CHARGE LESSER THAN TOWNENDS. IT'S SOMETHING PEOPLE DO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN THEY START LOOKING FOR HOUSES. SOMETHING TO PONDER!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Diane Armstrong, Colin Fosu
    CR0
    £925
    Diane ArmstrongColin Fosu

Another agent had let us know less than a week before moving that the current tenant would not be moving out so we were living in a hotel and desperate to find a new flat.

Townends were fantastic. We had no problems at all. No waiting around for days for emails or phone calls to be returned. The customer service was excellent. We were able to move in just four days after viewing the flat because the staff were so organised and responded quickly to our communication by phone and email. Everyone we spoke to was professional, friendly and very helpful.

In particular, Diane was lovely -... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Charles Webber, Rebecca
    GU21
    Charles WebberRebecca

Townends have been very enjoyable to deal with. Although my property is not managed by them they helped me with lots of issues that weren't really their responsibility such as trying to find out phone numbers, attempting to help me set up broadband and Charles even came to meet me on his day off so I could receive the keys on the day I was moving. Everyone is really nice and professional to deal with, by far the best letting agent I have used so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“TOWNENDS FEES WERE COMPARABLE WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENT FEES. SOME ARE MORE EXPENSIVE SOME CHEAPER. I RECOMMEND PHONING A FEW ESTATE AGENTS TO GET AN IDEA OF FEES IN THE AREA.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    GU21
    £895
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

The team at Townends have been nothing but totally professional in assisting me in re-marketing and finding a new tennant and I am delighted that they have helped me find a suitable tennant within a week of remarketing the property. My point changed from Ross to then Daniel and Charles during the process but I have to say I have been extremely impressed with their internal communication because each time I've returned a call each one has been totally up to speed on progress and has kept me fully up to date throughout the entire process. Ross, Daniel and Charles have made this as stress free as possible for me, for which I am very grateful, thank you.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Megan Godin, Natalie Witting
    Tw20
    Megan GodinNatalie Witting

Please make people aware of the extra charges before offering it up on the final tenency agreement.

Other than that pleased with service

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    Clint Amfo, Becky Pole
    CR7
    Clint AmfoBecky Pole

After the sale of my flat fell through Andy the Manager at the time processed the rental very professionally and with the help of Clint and sought good tenants to rent my property. Clint was very knowledgeable and supported me regarding Landlord questions and responsibilities especially around obtaining Gas and Electricity Certificates . He was also supportive in getting the Tenants to allow the Electrical Engineer to complete his task. Becky was excellent at clarifying my questions whenever Clint was otherwise engaged or on leave. Having good staff at Townends gives me peace of mind as I live in the North West so cannot always check my property as often as if I lived locally. Well done!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE SLIGHTLY HIGH...”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 4 -star review by ''

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Taylor McNeil
    TW15
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was very helpful and drove us to three properties in the Sunbury/Upper Halliford areas. We were new arrivals to the UK so he explained to us how lettings works. He is very friendly and easy to contact.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE LETTING FEES WERE EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE (OVER 800 POUNDS) COMPARED TO MOST OTHER REAL ESTATE AGENTS WHERE THE LETTING FEES AVERAGED AROUND 300 POUNDS. I'M NOT SURE WHAT WE WOULD HAVE GOT FOR AN EXTRA 500 POUNDS BUT IT WOULD HAVE PROBABLY JUST GONE STRAIGHT INTO THE TOWNENDS CEO'S POCKET. BE GREAT IF THEY GET RID OF LETTING FEES SOON LIKE THEY HAVE DONE IN SCOTLAND.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Rebecca Whitethread
    TW2
    £1650
    Rebecca Whitethread

Townends Whitton were friendly and approachable from beginning to end. They were particularly good at giving feedback soon after viewings. Thank you all. They were always so cheerful and positive.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Robert Dawson Emma Western
    TW17
    Robert Dawson Emma Western

We had a great experience and Robert and Emma kept us posted throughout the process. Would recommend them to anyone buying in the area.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    154 Station Road (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    Ryan Stevens
    KT15
    £262500
    Ryan Stevens

A very professional service throughout. Ryan dealt with all matters relating to the purchase. Neil is now dealing with the letting. Both have acted properly and decently throughout, always returning calls and getting answers to my questions. I was very happy with their service and will be happy to do business with them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Fabian Jones, James Ashford
    £345000
    Fabian JonesJames Ashford

Fabian was my main contact when purchasing the property, he was extremely helpful, polite and always responded promptly to any enquiries I had, working to obtain information from the vendor as soon as possible.
    James assisted in carrying out a market comparison, gathering details of properties previously sold in order for the mortgage lender to make a valid evaluation of the area, as a result the mortgage lender increased their valuation.
    Daisy also assisted and liaised between the vendor and myself, she always responded to my emails promptly, although it seemed difficult at times to get any responses from the vendors solicitors.
    As a final note, I would not hesitate to contact Townends again should I want to sell/purchase a property and I would recommend them to any potential clients.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

CR2
    £1175
    Diane Armstrong

I have dealt with a number of agents in my search To find a property for myself and my son and i hâve To say thé service Diane and her team gave me was 2nd To none their customer service went far above my expectations on what was à difficult Time for me and found me the exact property that matched my search myself and son needed and cannot Thank her enough and Would not hesiitate To recommend Diane and her team enough. A massive massive Thank you .

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Morgan Senior
    w5
    £1300
    Morgan Senior

The difference between Townends Northfields and other agents are the following:
    . They listen to your budget and do their best to achieve this (no offering properties well over like most agents do)
    . They listen to your preferences e.g. need a good sized 2nd bedroom!!!
    . They communicate regularly but are not forceful.
    . They return calls unlike many agents.
    . Always polite on the phone and in person.
    Townends Northfields are a great team and a credit to the company!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Fabian Jones, James Ashford
    £345000
    Fabian JonesJames Ashford

James and Fabian were both friendly, knowledgeable and dilligent. They continuously provided good advice and were available when needed.

The team following up on the sale during the contract negotiation stage was also friendly and efficient, making sure things kept moving as fast as possible.

We have been recommending Townends Ealing to friends and will continue to do so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Charles Webber, Daniel Le Boudec
    GU22
    £850
    Charles WebberDaniel Le Boudec

Agent selected properties for viewing that matched very well my needs. He explained well the advantages of each. Viewing was comprehensive and efficient. Explanation of agreement was clear. Agent was friendly but very professional

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Anton Neil
    W12
    £1350
    Anton Neil

I was looking to relocate back to London from abroad and had very limited viewing time available. From the beginning Anton was great and appreciated my need to be quick. All in all I found Anton responsive, flexible, clear in communications, very personable and in no way did I feel pushed into making a decision quickly which I have experienced in the past. I would highly recommend Anton and would have no issues in using his services again myself.

29. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

sl5
    Emilio Ascione

Emilio acted as letting consultant for the above property, he has been very professional and direct with his approach to finding the best client. I was impressed that he managed to pip the other agent to the post within a couple of weeks of having the property on the market.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AFTER SEVERAL YEARS USING TOWNENDS ESTATE AGENCY, I EXPECTED A BETTER LOYALTY DISCOUNT THAN WAS OFFERED TO ME.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Michael Sharp
    £322000
    Michael Sharp

I have just completed on my sale of a Staines Property. In short I found Townends (Staines Branch) and in particular Michael Sharp to be consistent and professional. Difficulties may arise in such transactions but these were handled well. I am happy to add my recommendation.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    £1800
    Matthew Huybrechts

I found Matthew to be extremely helpful and went out of his way to make me happy. He understood the type of tenant that I wanted who I get on with absolutely swimmingly. Top gent. Thanks again.

32. 1

TW20
    Emilio Ascione

The reason for such an excellent score was both of my properties came available recently and within days Emilio had found me a new tenant who would move in immediately. Since my properties are clearly a business to me this is exactly what I am looking for. I have dealt with Emilio in the past and have always found him to be extremely pro-active.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    154 Station Road (Addlestone) (Surrey)
    Neil Merrit
    KT16
    £1250
    Neil Merrit

Neil dealt with the letting of my apartment in a professional manner and always returned calls and got back to me promptly with queries. I was very happy with his overall service and will certainly be happy to do business with him again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    Matthew Huybrechts

I dealt with Townends Putney to help me rent my flat. Matthew was very helpful, prompt with his updates and emails and finding me a suitable tenant and helping me secure the tenant. He was very professional and answered every query I had. I would not hesitate to use Townends in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Chad Newbould, Robert Dawson
    TW17
    £279950
    Chad NewbouldRobert Dawson

Chad and Rob were very straightforward to deal with right from day one and throughout the whole sales process. The open day was run very effectively, and they secured a very quick full price offer. The level of support and communication during the period leading to exchange of contract was excellent. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEE LEVEL WAS VERY COMPETATIVE”