Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 based on 1573 ratings. This website contains 1572 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 111 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 03-Jul-2015 12:14:03

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 53)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

CR0
    Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    Kellie Harris
    Cr7
    £1600
    Kellie Harris

So far I've only met Kellie Harris once but first impressions count and thought she presented herself very professionally and polite. Kellie was very helpful and continues to be so.
    Any questions I've had so far she's been very prompt in answering them thoroughly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Gu1
    £1250
    Chris Jones

I bought my buy to let flat through Townends exactly 2 years ago. In this time I have had 2 different tenants which have both stayed for a year. My property suits well funded students who are enrolled in the college near by. On both occasions they rented the flat out within 3 days with all paperwork completed within 2 weeks. All through the rental negotiations they kept me well informed and did all the necessary checks.

I also use Townends for the check out and in procedures and the company they use are also very reliable.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Chris and the team at Townends, they have been extremely professional

I would have no hesitation in recommending Townends,

Comments on the Agents fees

“I HAVE NEGOTIATED A MONTHLY FEE WHICH I AM HAPPY WITH”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

GU2
    Chris Jones

I have received excellent service from Townends, not just this year but for a number of years. They have let three of my properties for this year alone. I live in London so it is imperative that I instruct the right agent to handle my business and I have never been let down by Townends. Chris Jones in particular has been so proactive and often contacts me out of hours to progress matters, even when I am out of the country I can be guaranteed to hear from him. The amazing thing is that I am yet to meet as I live in London. When I instruct Townends I find that I do not need to instruct other agents as back up.

I would give Townends the highest score in terms of ratings and look forward to the excellent service they offer each year, as they work on renting my properties.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

GU1
    £900
    Amilcar Caires

We had our 1 bed flat with another leading high street agent for 4 weeks, we were told they had many viewings but no offers. We moved to Townends and the property had 2 offers and was subsequently let, close to asking price, within 48 hrs.
    Highly recommend as a letting agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    Andrew Walker

The team at Townends were always very responsive and helpful during our purchase. The process was fairly long because of an ongoing chain, but Andy and Tim managed this very well and did their best to make it happen. They were always willing to arrange visits when we needed to take builders and architects round, and liaised with the seller to minimise disruption to her. The only negative part of the experience was a slightly pressurised attempt to secure an exchange of contracts when we simply did not have the necessary assurances from our solicitor. In the end the exchange happened one working day later, with no ill effects for anyone, but it would have helped not to create an all-or-nothing situation and allow a little more time for things to be resolved. A lot of money was at stake so we had to get it right. But this was a small thing and on the whole we were very happy indeed with Townends and would be happy to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    SW17
    £1450
    Abigail Gibbs

We used Abi as our sole agent to let our property. She was always punctual to meetings and very knowledgable about the market and what rent we could achieve. She was easily contactable and always made a point of accommodating our needs. I cannot recommend her enough as a lettings agent.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ABI'S FEES WERE HIGHLY COMPETITIVE. INDEED THEY WERE THE LOWEST COMPARED TO TWO OTHER LETTINGS AGENTS WE TRIALLED. LOW DOESN'T ALWAYS NECESSARILY MEAN BEST BUT IN ABI'S CASE WE WERE NOT LET DOWN.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Jones, Amilcar Caires
    GU1
    £1200
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires
    Chris JonesAmilcar Caires

I have been with Townends for a good few years now. They are responsive, proactive and their administration teams are on the ball and effective. I am impressed with their effective use of technology (eg digital signatures for contracts) and for going the extra mile when required. I would be happy to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    sw18
    Abigail Gibbs

Abigail was fantastic. She managed to secure a viewing for us at a time inconvenient to herself. She also conducted the viewing in a professional manner and was very knowledgeable in answering our many questions. We ended up putting in an offer for the property which Abi also helped guide is through in a helpful and efficient way. A very good experience.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  14. A 4 -star review by ''

Charles Webber, Ross Trowbridge
    £795
    no photoRoss Trowbridge
    Charles WebberRoss Trowbridge

Townends were quick to respond to my enquiry through Rightmove. Although did send multiple requests for filling in my requirements (no. of bedrooms/budget etc.). All staff I dealt with were friendly and approachable and requests were dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIRLY EXPENSIVE - PARTICULARLY FOR ADMIN. HOWEVER SIMILAR FEES ARE CHARGED BY OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

£2450
    Charles Webber

Charles Webber was very good agent in that he was polite, proactive, and responsive to my needs in letting the property and managed to let for me for a reasonable price.

He acted on all what he promised to do and also was honest in passing on to me what the tenant requested to sort out in the property prior to moving in on the 1st of August.2015.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK THE AGENTS FEES ARE REASONABLE AND ARE IN LINE WITH THE FEES I PAY FOR MY OTHER PROPERTIES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Robert McPeake, Ayvianna Snow
    W5
    £1500
    Robert McPeakeno photo
    Robert McPeakeAyvianna Snow

Robert McPeake provided an exemplary service for me as a tenant. Before trying Townends I had tried to find a suitable home with several other estate agencies and found the agents did not really listen to my requirements carefully. Mr McPeake however listened to everything I said and immediately found a couple of very suitable properties. After finding the perfect apartment, he was also instrumental in sorting out negotiations with the landlord so I could move in as soon as possible.

17. 1

Branch:
    179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    £250000
    Louis Devins

Louis has been very helpful and professional, valuing my house, showing people around, and obtaining some very good offers. He is also informing me of new houses coming on the market that I may be interested in buying. And also keeping in regular contact.

“GOOD, COMPETITIVE FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

James Hay
    GU2
    £437000
    James Hay
    james Hay

Very happy with the service we recieved and we were kept well informed through our sale. Polite and helpful service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Morgan Senior

Morgan was very accommodating when we 1st called to view the property.
    He took into account our requirements in finding a property as soon as possible since our Landlord was selling the flat we lived in and she wanted us to leave asap to make some repairs.
    Morgan arrived promptly and very professionally gave us a tour around the property.
    The property was for 3 people: my Husband, my Mom & I. 1st viewing it was just my husband and I and when I requested a 2nd viewing for my mom, he made it happen without any fuss.
    He was direct, concise & we did not feel like

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

W7
    £350
    Chris Gann

Chris helped me to buy a investment property in Hanwell. I was pleasantly surprised with the service I received, Chris always provided a prompt response and guidance to all the questions I asked. He worked with my mortgage advisor and solictor when needed which meant less work for me. I wish all estate agents were like Chris and then maybe they would get such a bad name, thanks Sundaya

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    TW19
    Michael Sharp

My property had been on the market for many months before I then put it on with Townends, within a day they had a buyer and handled the full sale process very efficiently, they were always on hand to answer any questions and hold my hand the whole way. Would definitely use again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Tw12
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was an absolute pleasure to meet , he's a very knowledgeable young man who definitely listens to your needs ! He's gone way beyond our expectations and his professionalism has been outstanding . He has understood our needs and I can positively recommend him in the future !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Dan Carter, jake kelsall
    TW1
    £720000
    Dan Carterjake kelsall

Daniel was helpful, courteous and always made himself available if we needed to make contact. He was also very patient and tried to solve problems constructively.

24. 2
    people found this

A 4 -star review by ''

sedat kilic, shelley Baker
    CR0
    £290000
    sedat kilicshelley Baker

My initial viewing of the house was done by Sidat. Sidat presented the house to me in a very professional way. Although it was an open house event, he was very attentive and gave me the opportunity to properly look through the house. Sidat then managed my initial offer and offers there after. I was kept updated with progress and informed when my final offer was agreed.

Shelley gave full support to me when my original offer was guzumpted by another offer and managed the communication between myself and vendor. Shelley was always very professional and provided realistic information that... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles
    SW18
    £1400
    Sam Miles

Sam was very professional throughout and helped make the whole experience excellent - well done Sam and thank you! I would be happy to recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 St Judes Road (Englefield Green) (Surrey)
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

Awful experience, appalling service & shocking costs – never dealing with Townends again!
    Long list of unpleasant encounters but I will try to share in less words.

Lied about moving in date, verbally promised we could move in 1-2 weeks earlier but as soon we paid the deposit agent was unreachable & never returned calls.

Poor service: no locks on 2 toilets/bathrooms & 3 bedrooms, requested but never got fitted in 19 months of tenancy (too busy?).

Horrible communication:
    # Tenants pay for the contract renewal but with Townends they also have to chase & remind to... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE AND WE HAD TO WORK/PUSH THEM TO GET THINGS DONE.”

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“Expensive and we had to work/push them to get things done.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Justin Stevenson, Daniel Le Boudec
    GU21
    £240000
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec

I chose Townends and in particular Justin Stevenson to manage the sale of my property. The valuation he gave was realistic (better than two other agents!). He identified at our initial meeting the type of buyer required and subsequently found someone withing 10 days of the property being on the market. My only criticism of the entire conveyancing process was the length of time from offer to completion. This may be due to the solicitors as recommended by Townends in which case I believe the process between the two companies should be reviewed. Finally I was kept up to date and given feed back as appropriate.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE NEGOTIATED AND AGREED THE FEE, WHICH WAS IN LINE WITH OTHER AGENTS.”

28. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

Property Management
    shelley Baker, Diane Armstrong
    CR2
    £250000
    no photoDiane Armstrong
    shelley BakerDiane Armstrong

The Letting and Management Agents were helpful, but not as cooperative and responsive as the Sales Team, from my own experience. Sometimes Townends looked after the tenants more than myself, as the Landlord of the Unit, while in the Sales Process, they looked purely after my own interest, which makes a huge difference between the attitude of both parties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN THE SALES PART, I BELIEVE IT WAS REASONABLE. HOWEVER, ONCE AGAIN IN THE TENANCY SIDE THROUGHOUT THE PAST 13 YEARS, THE FEES WAS EXTREMELY EXAGGERATED AND UNNECESSARILY INFLATED, WHICH RENDERED MY INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO NULL AND VOID AND LED ME EVENTUALLY TO SELL THE PROPERTY BECAUSE OF THE RETURN OF THE INVESTMENT, WHEN TOWNENDS WERE THE ONLY BENEFICIAL PARTY OUR OF MY PROPERTY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Fabian Jones
    £300000
    Fabian Jones

Townends Ealing and Fabian Jones were friendly and applied themselves diligently to obtaining viewings
    and negotiating the sale of my flat at an acceptable price. Nice people.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Morgan Senior , delphine delrieu
    tw8
    £1300
    Morgan Senior delphine delrieu

Morgan was very polite and punctual . during the visit , he was very nice and do not push or rush me to take this flat like do other agent . He was very helpful and guided me until the end. when i had the key and met the landlord he passed me a call to check if everything was ok . he is very professional with very good manners.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

£1100
    Morgan Senior

Morgan was very helpful in arranging the viewing and making the application to the landlord. The whole process was very efficient as it only took a week between the first viewing and the move-in date. I would recommend anyone wishing to find a flat to rent in Ealing to visit this branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Darren Lowles, Shukeena
    CR7
    £198000
    Darren LowlesShukeena

Very polite, very friendly, very professional. When it was the time to put an offer in the competitive market of 2014 they communicated several offers between the vendor and the potential buyers very professionally, and I was lucky to have my offer accepted. As always the buying process was a long journey to go through the mortgage and legal requirements which due to my request for more information it took even longer. But they was very helpful, understanding and patient throughout this prolong process, and took a very professional approach in keeping them informed. I would definitely recommend them without hesitation and would use them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 4 -star review by ''

Charles Webber

Townends is a good agency and agents do make an effort to find the right property for their customers. Charles in particular is very polite and thoroughly professional. He is very approachable and knows his job very well.

The only negative point I can make here is their charges are too high. For a two bed flat for two adults, the total agency charges are in the region of �875. This includes agency fee, reference check fee, and check in/out. This is way too high from standard agency charges of �500 in Woking and should be reviewed by Townends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY NEGATIVE POINT I CAN MAKE HERE IS THEIR CHARGES ARE TOO HIGH. FOR A TWO BED FLAT FOR TWO ADULTS, THE TOTAL AGENCY CHARGES ARE IN THE REGION OF £875. THIS INCLUDES AGENCY FEE, REFERENCE CHECK FEE, AND CHECK IN/OUT. THIS IS WAY TOO HIGH FROM STANDARD AGENCY CHARGES OF £500 IN WOKING AND SHOULD BE REVIEWED BY TOWNENDS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    w4
    £1200
    James Atlee

My Son has lived in Chiswick for the last eight years since college so we have had numerous
    experiences with varied estate agents in this area but Townends are one of the best
    Since seeing a property and agreeing the terms I must say I have found dealing with James Atlee has
    been superb.
    He is extremely courteous and efficient keeping us completely informed with every stage of the tenancy.
    I am now in the process of looking to purchase a property when this tenancy ends and I will have no
    hesitation in employing the services of James and his team.
    Many thanks for a job well done!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  35. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 St Judes Road (Englefield Green) (Surrey)
    Claire Tacey-Green, Mark Shepherd
    £310000
    Claire Tacey-GreenMark Shepherd
    Claire Tacey-GreenMark Shepherd

The team at Townends were brilliant - from when Mark first came to value the house, to the completion everything went very smoothly and we valued their advice as obviously their knowledge was greater than ours!!. Once the sale was underway Claire dealt with things and any queries we had were quickly and efficiently dealt with. Even when I phoned with trivial questions they were very patient and we would recommend them to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT DOES AMAZE ME THAT ESTATE AGENTS GET MORE THAN THE SOLICITOR HOWEVER, WE WERE HAPPY TO PAY TO GET THE HOUSE SOLD WITHOUT HASSLE”