Townends
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1563 ratings. This website contains 1562 user reviews of Townends.

• Townends has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 111 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Page last updated on: 01-Jul-2015 17:47:35

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 53)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh Parade, Streatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson
    Sw16
    Sebastian Grayson

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    W5
    Matt Huybrechts

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Diane Armstrong

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

Twitter  Facebook

6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Robert McPeake, Ayvianna Snow
    W5
    £1500
    Robert McPeakeno photo
    Robert McPeakeAyvianna Snow

Robert McPeake provided an exemplary service for me as a tenant. Before trying Townends I had tried to find a suitable home with several other estate agencies and found the agents did not really listen to my requirements carefully. Mr McPeake however listened to everything I said and immediately found a couple of very suitable properties. After finding the perfect apartment, he was also instrumental in sorting out negotiations with the landlord so I could move in as soon as possible.

7. 1

Branch:
    179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    £250000
    Louis Devins

Louis has been very helpful and professional, valuing my house, showing people around, and obtaining some very good offers. He is also informing me of new houses coming on the market that I may be interested in buying. And also keeping in regular contact.

“GOOD, COMPETITIVE FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

GU2
    £437000
    james Hay

Very happy with the service we recieved and we were kept well informed through our sale. Polite and helpful service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Morgan Senior

Morgan was very accommodating when we 1st called to view the property.
    He took into account our requirements in finding a property as soon as possible since our Landlord was selling the flat we lived in and she wanted us to leave asap to make some repairs.
    Morgan arrived promptly and very professionally gave us a tour around the property.
    The property was for 3 people: my Husband, my Mom & I. 1st viewing it was just my husband and I and when I requested a 2nd viewing for my mom, he made it happen without any fuss.
    He was direct, concise & we did not feel like

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

W7
    £350
    Chris Gann

Chris helped me to buy a investment property in Hanwell. I was pleasantly surprised with the service I received, Chris always provided a prompt response and guidance to all the questions I asked. He worked with my mortgage advisor and solictor when needed which meant less work for me. I wish all estate agents were like Chris and then maybe they would get such a bad name, thanks Sundaya

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    TW19
    Michael Sharp

My property had been on the market for many months before I then put it on with Townends, within a day they had a buyer and handled the full sale process very efficiently, they were always on hand to answer any questions and hold my hand the whole way. Would definitely use again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Tw12
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was an absolute pleasure to meet , he's a very knowledgeable young man who definitely listens to your needs ! He's gone way beyond our expectations and his professionalism has been outstanding . He has understood our needs and I can positively recommend him in the future !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Dan Carter, jake kelsall
    TW1
    £720000
    Dan Carterjake kelsall

Daniel was helpful, courteous and always made himself available if we needed to make contact. He was also very patient and tried to solve problems constructively.

14. 1

A 4 -star review by ''

sedat kilic, shelley Baker
    £290000
    sedat kilicshelley Baker

My initial viewing of the house was done by Sidat. Sidat presented the house to me in a very professional way. Although it was an open house event, he was very attentive and gave me the opportunity to properly look through the house. Sidat then managed my initial offer and offers there after. I was kept updated with progress and informed when my final offer was agreed.

Shelley gave full support to me when my original offer was guzumpted by another offer and managed the communication between myself and vendor. Shelley was always very professional and provided realistic information that... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    255 - 257 Wimbledon Park Road (Southfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Sam Miles
    SW18
    £1400
    Sam Miles

Sam was very professional throughout and helped make the whole experience excellent - well done Sam and thank you! I would be happy to recommend.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  16. A 1 -star review by ''

Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

Awful experience, appalling service & shocking costs – never dealing with Townends again!
    Long list of unpleasant encounters but I will try to share in less words.

Lied about moving in date, verbally promised we could move in 1-2 weeks earlier but as soon we paid the deposit agent was unreachable & never returned calls.

Poor service: no locks on 2 toilets/bathrooms & 3 bedrooms, requested but never got fitted in 19 months of tenancy (too busy?).

Horrible communication:
    # Tenants pay for the contract renewal but with Townends they also have to chase & remind to... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“EXPENSIVE AND WE HAD TO WORK/PUSH THEM TO GET THINGS DONE.”

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“Expensive and we had to work/push them to get things done.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Justin Stevenson, Daniel Le Boudec
    GU21
    £240000
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec
    Justin StevensonDaniel Le Boudec

I chose Townends and in particular Justin Stevenson to manage the sale of my property. The valuation he gave was realistic (better than two other agents!). He identified at our initial meeting the type of buyer required and subsequently found someone withing 10 days of the property being on the market. My only criticism of the entire conveyancing process was the length of time from offer to completion. This may be due to the solicitors as recommended by Townends in which case I believe the process between the two companies should be reviewed. Finally I was kept up to date and given feed back as appropriate.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE NEGOTIATED AND AGREED THE FEE, WHICH WAS IN LINE WITH OTHER AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  18. A 4 -star review by ''

Property Management
    shelley Baker, Diane Armstrong
    CR2
    £250000
    no photoDiane Armstrong
    shelley BakerDiane Armstrong

The Letting and Management Agents were helpful, but not as cooperative and responsive as the Sales Team, from my own experience. Sometimes Townends looked after the tenants more than myself, as the Landlord of the Unit, while in the Sales Process, they looked purely after my own interest, which makes a huge difference between the attitude of both parties.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IN THE SALES PART, I BELIEVE IT WAS REASONABLE. HOWEVER, ONCE AGAIN IN THE TENANCY SIDE THROUGHOUT THE PAST 13 YEARS, THE FEES WAS EXTREMELY EXAGGERATED AND UNNECESSARILY INFLATED, WHICH RENDERED MY INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO NULL AND VOID AND LED ME EVENTUALLY TO SELL THE PROPERTY BECAUSE OF THE RETURN OF THE INVESTMENT, WHEN TOWNENDS WERE THE ONLY BENEFICIAL PARTY OUR OF MY PROPERTY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    41 The Broadway (Ealing) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Fabian Jones
    £300000
    Fabian Jones

Townends Ealing and Fabian Jones were friendly and applied themselves diligently to obtaining viewings
    and negotiating the sale of my flat at an acceptable price. Nice people.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Morgan Senior , delphine delrieu
    tw8
    £1300
    Morgan Senior delphine delrieu

Morgan was very polite and punctual . during the visit , he was very nice and do not push or rush me to take this flat like do other agent . He was very helpful and guided me until the end. when i had the key and met the landlord he passed me a call to check if everything was ok . he is very professional with very good manners.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

£1100
    Morgan Senior

Morgan was very helpful in arranging the viewing and making the application to the landlord. The whole process was very efficient as it only took a week between the first viewing and the move-in date. I would recommend anyone wishing to find a flat to rent in Ealing to visit this branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Darren Lowles, Shukeena
    CR7
    £198000
    Darren LowlesShukeena

Very polite, very friendly, very professional. When it was the time to put an offer in the competitive market of 2014 they communicated several offers between the vendor and the potential buyers very professionally, and I was lucky to have my offer accepted. As always the buying process was a long journey to go through the mortgage and legal requirements which due to my request for more information it took even longer. But they was very helpful, understanding and patient throughout this prolong process, and took a very professional approach in keeping them informed. I would definitely recommend them without hesitation and would use them again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  23. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Charles Webber
    GU22
    Charles Webber

Townends is a good agency and agents do make an effort to find the right property for their customers. Charles in particular is very polite and thoroughly professional. He is very approachable and knows his job very well.

The only negative point I can make here is their charges are too high. For a two bed flat for two adults, the total agency charges are in the region of �875. This includes agency fee, reference check fee, and check in/out. This is way too high from standard agency charges of �500 in Woking and should be reviewed by Townends.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE ONLY NEGATIVE POINT I CAN MAKE HERE IS THEIR CHARGES ARE TOO HIGH. FOR A TWO BED FLAT FOR TWO ADULTS, THE TOTAL AGENCY CHARGES ARE IN THE REGION OF £875. THIS INCLUDES AGENCY FEE, REFERENCE CHECK FEE, AND CHECK IN/OUT. THIS IS WAY TOO HIGH FROM STANDARD AGENCY CHARGES OF £500 IN WOKING AND SHOULD BE REVIEWED BY TOWNENDS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    440 Chiswick High Road (Chiswick) (London) (Greater London)
    w4
    £1200
    James Atlee

My Son has lived in Chiswick for the last eight years since college so we have had numerous
    experiences with varied estate agents in this area but Townends are one of the best
    Since seeing a property and agreeing the terms I must say I have found dealing with James Atlee has
    been superb.
    He is extremely courteous and efficient keeping us completely informed with every stage of the tenancy.
    I am now in the process of looking to purchase a property when this tenancy ends and I will have no
    hesitation in employing the services of James and his team.
    Many thanks for a job well done!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Claire Tacey-Green, Mark Shepherd
    £310000
    Claire Tacey-GreenMark Shepherd
    Claire Tacey-GreenMark Shepherd

The team at Townends were brilliant - from when Mark first came to value the house, to the completion everything went very smoothly and we valued their advice as obviously their knowledge was greater than ours!!. Once the sale was underway Claire dealt with things and any queries we had were quickly and efficiently dealt with. Even when I phoned with trivial questions they were very patient and we would recommend them to anyone.

Comments on the Agents fees

“IT DOES AMAZE ME THAT ESTATE AGENTS GET MORE THAN THE SOLICITOR HOWEVER, WE WERE HAPPY TO PAY TO GET THE HOUSE SOLD WITHOUT HASSLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Gurmail Singh
    SW16
    £390000
    Gurmail Singh

I highly recommend Gurmail Singh, Senior Area Mortgage Adviser at Dot Financial (part of the Townends group). From day one he was able to explain all the options available to us when we were looking for a mortgage. He put in a lot of effort when modelling the different financial scenarios in terms of interest rates, income vs. expenditure etc. which gave us the confidence to move forward with the purchase. Guramail was also very helpful in terms of putting us in contact with the right people who could assist along the purchase such as surveyors etc.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Ivan Astin
    GU2
    £455000
    Ivan Astin

Ivan offered a great service to us. He is very professional and has a very good knowledge of the market. Ivan understood our needs and went the extra mile to help us find our property. Throughout the process he was extremely helpful and responsive and did his best so that we could exchange and complete on time. We would strongly recommend him as an agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Ivan Astin, Andy
    gu1
    £190000
    Ivan AstinAndy

This was a great service - straightforward and well communicated throughout. I never felt out of touch and always knew things were chased up promptly to keep the process running smoothly. Thank you

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  29. A 4 -star review by ''

shelley Baker
    £244000
    shelley Baker

Shelley was the main person we were dealing with. Very professional easy to communicate with.Always returns our phone call if she was not available. Good negotiator.

Overall we were satisfied with their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Chris Gann, Morgan Senior
    TW8
    £42000
    Chris Gannno photo
    Chris GannMorgan Senior

Excellent service all around, very friendly, efficient and professional staff.
    They were easy to approach, talk to, patient and always eager to help. I never felt intimidated or fob off when I phoned and I did that a lot as a purchasing was taking a very long time due to the specific circumstances.
    I would always come back to this agency and recommend them to any friends or family to use them as well.

31. 2
    people found this

TW15
    £2000
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was thoroughly professional and focused on our requirements. Communication which we considered essential was excellent with Taylor adding a unique special quality in this key area. Townends are a thoroughly professional company who are quite rightly building a reputation for customer focused excellence. I would highly recommend them and Taylor in particular.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    11 High Street (South Norwood) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Cr7
    £920
    Clint Amfo

From start to finish Clint made the process of renting my property out very easy, it was seamless in fact! I was very impressed with his professionalism and manner and the communication between us was excellent, he kept me informed throughout and I'd recommend his services to anyone, Townends is a great estate agent and I'm confident and happy they are looking after my interests and the flat to the best of their abilities. :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“HAPPY WITH FEES VERY REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

GU1
    £260000
    james Hay

We decided to put our flat on the market after having been let (through Townends) for 11 years. We were not sure whether to pursue the sale through the Townends sale team but when we talked to James he was reassuring, professional and friendly and also very reasonable on cost; we had no reason to move to another agent. James already had customers whom he wanted to contact about our flat and sure enough, when the sale finally went live, we had 2 asking price offers within 18 hours and accepted the one with buyers in the best position. James was robust in how he pursued the best price for us... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Stephanie Fanning
    Stephanie Fanning

A very proactive estate agency and always on the pulse. A truthful and genuine approach, and a wealth of information and advice as I am seeking my first Buy To Let property. Special mention to Ms. Stephanie Fanning who was able to meet me almost immediately at an occupied house I wished to view. Great communications and a pleasure to deal with, and the Agency as a whole go about their business very professionally.

35. 2
    people found this

TW15
    £1250
    Taylor McNeil

Taylor was knowledgeable, very helpful and constructive throughout the viewing process. He was well presented, easy-going and approachable. He maintained a high level of professionalism and secured my property efficiently and without any hassle. I would have no problem in recommending him to other prospective tenants.