Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Townends - Click to Visit Our Website

Townends

Agent rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 based on 1211 ratings. This website contains 1210 user reviews of Townends.

Contact Townends

• 105 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Operating since the first branch was opened in 1991, Townends has quickly grown to become one of the leading Estate Agents across London, Surrey, Middlesex and Hampshire. Townends is part of the Badger Holdings group of Estate Agents, offering clients complete property solutions. Boasting 22 branches our expertise extends across sales, lettings & management, financial services, conveyancing, surveys, plus property refurbishment and maintenance services.

Townends has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Townends, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 01-Mar-2015 06:46:44

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 41)

1. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    127-129 Percy Road (Whitton) (Twickenham) (Greater London)
    Richard , Joanna
    TW7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Townends, Whitton, both sold my Mother's house and helped her purchase her new home. It is to this end that I am happy to write a testimonial as I cannot commend enough the team based at the Whitton branch of Townends.

For many years Estate Agents have borne the brunt of much derision and criticism, sometimes deserevedly so, but for Townends this simply is not the case. From day one they have shown that despite being an efficient business, they truly care for their clients, both buyers and sellers ( and no doubt Landlords and Tenants too ).

My Mother, a senior citizen was downsizing... (read more)

2. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh ParadeStreatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Sebastian Grayson, Gurmail Singh
    Sw16
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I can't stress how supportive Seb and Gurmail from Townends in Streatham were during the course of our sale.

From the very first moment of meeting Seb, he totally understood what we were looking for. He was honest about what he thought about the properties we were seeing and only showed or suggested ones that he thought we might actually consider buying. In comparison with a lot of other estate agents we dealt with (there were a lot, we saw over 40 properties), this was a breath of fresh air. Instead of feeling like just another buyer pushed in and out of yet another London property, we... (read more)

3. FEATURED REVIEW

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Steven Bakare
    CR7
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was looking to purchase a flat and registered with Townsends in Thornton Heath High Street. Up until then I did not have much luck. All other agents kept showing me properties that did not fit my profile or request and was getting rather fed up. With Townsends, they showed me a couple of properties, which were not what I was looking for, but they soon understood clearly what I wanted and promised to find me that property. I thought here we go! Within a short time, I got a call from Steven Bakare about a property that they had just taken on and they urged me to go and see it straight... (read more)

4. 1
    person found this
    FEATURED REVIEW

Matthew Huybrechts, Harry Pearson
    W5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We had considered letting our property privately but I'm so busy with work and don't live particularly close to the property that it seemed increasingly risky trying to do it ourselves. So we decided to go back to Townends from whom we had bought the house and who have let it for us previously.

On the first occasion we briefed them to find tenants they had called us with two appointments before we had returned to the house - and it's only a 15minute walk from their offices! We let it that evening for just shy of the target price.

On this latest occassion we asked them to find... (read more)

View All Comments (2)by Townends Estate Agents  11/10/2013

Dear Mike I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate your dealings with our Head Office with a view of resolving the concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information I require such as the address of the property and some details of your experiences, therefore please feel free to contact me on 01932 736553 or email lmcneal@townends.co.uk. Kind Regards Luticha McNeal Director of Property Management
  5. FEATURED REVIEW

Diane Armstrong
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We are in the process of finalising our tenancy with Townend Croydon so I thought we should leave a review to help other first time renters like ourselves who going through the stressful process of finding a property to rent in the Croydon area.

Finding a property:
    Unlike other agents in the area I found Townend very proactive in getting back to us with properties that met our specification- in the instance that the property we wanted to view came off the market we were contacted within a couple of hours with another property just put up for let that they thought we would be interested... (read more)

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Ross Trowbridge, David Crampton
    GU21
    £900
    Ross TrowbridgeDavid Crampton

Townends conducted the check out of the previous tenant and the check in of the new tenant very efficiently. The property was put back on the market promptly after the last tenant gave notice and we had no gap between the out going and the new tenant. A big thanks to Ross and his team.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE COMPETITIVE FOR A QUALITY SERVICE”

7. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    130 Victoria Road ( ) (Aldershot) (Hampshire)
    GU14
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used this company as the guy that valued the house was the most straight talking agent out of the three I invited out. It was all based on trust. He was the manager.

House sold fast but due to the housing market at the time I was not surprised. During the transaction I only ever got a junior or the managers boss (which you might think was better, sadly not). The guy that I met at the beginning of the process was a refreshing change to what we all think agents can be like.

I soon found out that the guy that i first bought into had left and one of the other members of staff even hinted... (read more)

8. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    TW16
    £1150
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We saw this apartment twice. One viewing with the Agent and once with the Agent and the Landlord. Twice, we were shown and told white goods (as shown which included as washer and dryer) were included and a fridge/freezer which was missing will be installed. We paid up the basic holding deposit, knew the terms and conditions and gave our references. In both visits we asked if we can have a break clause for 6 months. Both times refused, although the landlord sought to reduce the 2 years lease to 1 year fixed lease. We stayed quiet about this matter. During this time, no communication was... (read more)

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“I do not believe there was any fairness when treating us as prospective customers. Everything we requested for was denied. We have been failed to be identified as potential customers. Rather only the landlord has been identified as the customer to satisfy only. During sign up with the holding deposit, Taylor asked us do we need a professional clean? I explicitly remember saying it appears clean. He said its no extra charge for you. I agreed. During the meeting with the landlord, they confronted us a bit aggressively regarding this matter and said Did we ask for this? Taylor did not step in and say, Townends suggested it to us. Furthermore, attitudes changed considerably on the second meeting when I was observed to be in my Muslim dress. I especially became aware of the latent racism between the two meetings and decided to forfeit the 500 pounds than do business with them. However, I do know my rights and know they have been violated irrevocably for any future business or referrals to friends and family.”

Twitter Facebook

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1)
    View All Comments (1)by Townends  06/11/2014

Thank you for your review. We take all complaints very seriously, especially those which question our integrity and ethical standards. We have yet to receive a direct complaint from the customer in question, so are unable to investigate the matter further. We would encourage the customer to approach us at compliance@townends.co.uk so that we can take appropriate action. Townends not only have appropriate corporate and social policies in place but we also pride ourselves on ensuring our employees fully understand the part they play in acting with integrity and equitably. Townends
  9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    25 London Road (Twickenham) (Middlesex)
    Chris P
    TW7
    £975
    Chris P

My sincere thanks to Chris & the team for their friendly & professional service. Chris's patience & exceptional commitment in finding me suitable tenants at very short notice has been invaluable, especially as I am living overseas. The constant updates & open communication by both phone & email was brilliant. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  10. A 5-star review by ''

No branch selected
    TW3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Ms Elgar made things really easy for me. Me Elgar was an expert, factual and responsive. Ms Elgar was helpful to both sides, tenants and me as the landlady. Also Ms Elgar was available, being at work I'm busy too busy to talk on the phone, but Ms Elgar managed the situation clearly and quickly with me over email.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  11. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    TW18
    £279000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agency executives are extremely non cooperative & very ill mannered. Very bad attitude, no respect for customers atall. Takes no responsibility other than getting fees.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  12. A 1-star review by ''

Sales (Prospective customer)
    w4 3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

terrible just because useless was not in the options.
    Rude, they do not inform you if a visit is being cancelled.
    Not good enough, their visits lasts for few minutes. the agent just say which room is which. This the bedroom, this is the toilet etc. did not mention brand new kitchen with hi tech features, same for the toilet, or for the original 1930's fireplace or all the works done in the flat. Never mentioned that we were ready to paint the flat and fix all the small problems. The just pick up people from the station and show them around. I saw more professionality in the musician that play for change in the tube station.
    To avoid like a pest

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  13. A 1-star review by ''

W4
    £1500
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In my case there have been several breaches of the Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents which meant stringent references were not obtained for tenants, conditional references were not reported and salient facts were withheld meaning I did not make an informed decision on accepting a proposed tenancy.
    Their complaints procedures avoided the issues raised and did not itself comply with the requirements of the code !
    They even messed up on serving notice to tenants.
    Avoid this company if you are a landlord or perspective landlord.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE AT THE HIGHER END BUT THIS WAS NOT MATCHED BY THE QUALITY OF THE FIRM\'S PERSONEL THAT I DEALT WITH”

What could Townends do to change your mind??

“They could have followed their own complaints procedure by doing a proper investigation into the breaches of the code of practice of residential letting agents as soon as identified and complained about and formally responding within the codes deadline period.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  14. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    SW15
    £241000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

In what was a very long, very complex exchange (over a year) for legal reasons, Townends were frankly incredible. The property we moved into is not particularly large, or expensive by London standards, but the patience, huge amount of support, honesty and kindness of Tim and his team was just amazing and meant so much to us. Calls were always answered quickly and courteously, expertise was on hand during some very difficult negotiations with lawyers on both sides, and the team gave us far more time than we had any right to expect - without ever showing any hint of frustration.

We would like to thank Tim, in particular, for everything he did for us. We genuinely would not have a first home without his support and we could not recommend this Townends' office highly enough.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  15. A 4-star review by ''

£250000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Good customer care, friendly staff and helped throughout the purchase period to get things move smoothly and compete early as possible. No concerns, would be happy to re-use their service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  16. A 5-star review by ''

Ronaldo Patricio

From begin to end the process was seamless, Ronaldo was both professional and informative in terms of the sale and pricing etc. I would not hesitate to recommend Townends to other potentail sellers or purchasers.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  17. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    15a Station Road (Sunbury-On-Thames) (Middlesex)
    TW16
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We had 2 very lovely women helping us they answered any questions we needed answering kept us informed on any news or changes that were happening. They made our complete easy and simpe and had no trouble in answering questions. Even when we had finished completions.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  18. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    364 Garratt Lane (Earlsfield) (London) (Greater London)
    Alkesh Majevadia
    SW18
    Alkesh Majevadia

Alkesh was instrumental in valuing and then selling the property. He has been extremely helpful and has been there all the way; phoning updates, giving advice and being very kind and always pleasant through a rather stressful situation due entirely to the inefficiency of the solicitors and nothing to do with Townends. I would highly recommend Alkesh and Townends and wish them every success in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  19. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    142-144 High Street (Staines-upon-Thames) (Staines) (Surrey)
    Joanna Eden
    ub7
    Joanna Eden

I first rang Townends at 8.30am expecting to get an answerphone, Joanna answered sounding bright, friendly and then continued to keep me updated about the progress of booking a viewing and feedback. She was professional, friendly, patient and seemed genuinely keen to help. She was also persistent in getting the viewing booked in, so a credit to the Landlords. If I were thinking of Letting my own property I would certainly recommend both Joanna and Townends and as a Tenant I will register with them again next time I am looking.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  20. A 4-star review by ''

Ronaldo Patricio

Ronaldo was very professional and would call to make sure everything was going to plan at relevant times during the process. Sharm took over while Ronaldo was unavailable and was very helpful.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  21. A 4-star review by ''

Danielle Corcoran
    CR2
    Danielle Corcoran

I had been looking for a flat for a while so had a lot of contact with estate agents. I found Townends staff, and Danielle in particular, extremely helpful. Danielle showed me the property twice and seemed to understand the importance of being certain about the property I wanted to rent and make my home. As a result of her diligence, the procedure - document signing, monies, referencing etc. - went through quickly and smoothly. I found Danielle to be friendly, courteous and hard-working and she is an asset to Townends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  22. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    95 High Street (Thornton Heath) (Surrey)
    Buying agent
    Michelle
    Michelle

Rochell (though I have been calling her Michelle) has been helping me ( a first-time buyer) go through the buying process smoothly. A big thanks to her and her team!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  23. A 5-star review by ''

Matthew Huybrechts
    W4
    Matthew Huybrechts

After being disappointed by other agents in the area, I thought I try Townends and I am glad I did. Matthew at Townends Chiswick branch was easy to deal with, and the property was let very quickly and efficiently . I am about to instruct the Chiswick branch of Townends to market a second property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  24. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    adam dryden
    TW8
    adam dryden

Adam and other members of staff dealt with the sale of our property extremely well.
    From the very quickly arranged "open house," all was arranged very professionally and many prospective purchasers attended.
    However, there was already a very interested purchaser interested in Wallis House on Townends books and within a week or so a selling price was agreed. The good news, we complete our sale today 8 May 2014.
    Considering we only used Townend with no other agents involved, we are extremely satisfied with all aspects of dealing with the company.
    Thank you for all your help, Adam & Co.
    Kind regards,
    Martin & Mary Collis

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  25. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    167 Putney High Street (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Kieran Rigley, Vinnie Selvakumar
    SW15
    Kieran RigleyVinnie Selvakumar

Kieran and Vinnie helped to pin down a property that ticked all of our boxes, they were both very personable and professional in their approach and listened to our requests. They were happy to let us take us around the property on several occasions were quick to respond to our questions.

The team were unable to answer a couple of our questions, although Kieran and Vinnie explained this was due to the tenants occupying the property at the time not responding to attempts at contact from the agents.

Thank you as well to Abi who helped to negotiate a deal with the landlord and advise us on contractual issues.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  26. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    Lettings - 179 High Street (Egham) (Surrey)
    TW20
    Upload a reviwer profile image

He was all happy and helpfull before I paid him the agency fee. But once it is paid he didnt even care about creating correct agreement for me. Whenever I call him his phone would go on voicemail. I am yet to move in and I dont even know if I have all referecing thing or not. Nor do I know what will happen on the day I move in.
    They are extremely expensive and extremely unhelpful (Egham branch). Dont go with them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  27. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    140 - 142 Northfields Avenue (Northfields) (London) (Greater London)
    Adam Dryden-Peck
    UB6
    Adam Dryden-Peck

Adam was very frank and to the point in his description of the property and what the seller wanted, which was a pleasant surprise compared to several other Estate Agents I had been dealing with previously, who simply made me feel like I was never a serious contender for any of the other properties I looked at or made offers on. He also kept me informed throughout the offer process until my offer was accepted, and gave me regular updates before contracts were exchanged. The seller did become quite difficult just before exchange, but with Adam's help things went through eventually as I was at the point where I thought things might fall through due to the sellers difficulty, even though I had offered to make exceptions on certain things to exchange. My only slightly negative point with Townends would be that I had difficult arranging a second follow-up viewing once I had my offer accepted, so had only seen the property once until just before exchange, when my solicitor insisted I should see it again before exchanging contracts.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  28. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    4 Commercial Way (Woking) (Surrey)
    Maxine Murawski
    GU22
    Maxine Murawski

Townends managed to sell my property within a week after a long period trying to sell my flat through another agent. They were very proactive in getting a number of viewings and securing the asking price for me.

Once the buyer was in place, there was a bit of staff turnover so that for a while I was unclear who was handling the sale, but once Maxine was assigned to the case it became much easier to understand what was going on - she kept me up to date with every development, right up until the completion.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  29. A 5-star review by ''

No branch selected
    Herrine Richards
    se25
    Herrine Richards

we would like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to the guys at Norwood branch.
    fantastic work and very enthusiastic on what they do,,,true customer service ...
    thanks again for selling our property and make our dream come true ,,,,to move to the country side for a big property...
    Thanks Again Antonio & Lola

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  30. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    240 Blythe Road (Brook Green) (London) (Greater London)
    Anton Neil
    w14
    Anton Neil

Townends at Brooke green have been our letting agent for several flats over the past ten years. I have always found them to be very friendly and efficient. Anton in particular has always gone that extra mile. I would (and have) recommend this office to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  31. A 5-star review by ''

Sharm Vara, Ronaldo Patricio
    Sharm VaraRonaldo Patricio

I used Townends Mitcham last month to buy a property. I cannot recommend them enough. Both Sharm & Ronaldo were calm & professional throughout the whole process. They are both incredibly refreshing; they act in a friendly, professional manner. Sharm would call twice a week to provide updates & always be accommodating about re-visits between exchange & completion.

I would definitely use this estate agent again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  32. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    5-7 Streatleigh ParadeStreatham High Road (Streatham) (London) (Greater London)
    Trevor Elliot
    SW2
    Trevor Elliot

My partner and I bought our first property through Townends Streatham. Trevor was the most helpful and sincere estate agent I have ever met. He always facilitated viewings when convenient for us and I felt that he was always giving an honest update to the purchase and transaction process.

I am very happy with the servcie I recieved and look forward to when it is time for us to sell our property throughTownends.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  33. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    130 Victoria Road ( ) (Aldershot) (Hampshire)
    Ross Trowbridge, Jordan Snell
    GU9
    ross trowbridgeJordan Snell

Un excellent service que nous avons seulement besoin d'un locataire sur une commission d'intermédiaire seule base.
    Nous allons les utiliser à nouveau dans l'avenir.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0)
  34. A 5-star review by ''

katrina johnson
    katrina johnson

I let my property through Townends in Croydon in which perfect tenants were found within a matter of days. Throughout the whole process Katrina was always on hand and responded immediately to any queries I had. She was professional, efficient and very knowledgeable of the development my property is located and of the general legalities with letting a property. Stress free letting and would recommend to anyone.